3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 476 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 14:34
3A: Delivering Stock
The Star Destroyers head off, leaving the Sun Tracker basically alone with the soon-to-be-exploding Interdictor and a hold full of Imperial refugees.

Strickland escorts a naval officer to the bridge as Roice is maneuvering the ship away from the dying cruiser.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 157 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 15:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Copy Star Destroyer.  Sun Tracker out."
Sparks relays the rendevous co-ordinates to Delfinn.

I think Q7 is indesposed in the engine room.  You'll have to set the nav computer yourself Captain.
How far away is this rendevouz?  Don't want to spend too much time with the Imps!

Sparks makes small talk with Commander Jensen, flatering the man, and putting his at his ease.  Sparks will then bring the conversation round to their cover story, attacked by pirates, crewmen brutalised, and cargo stolen!
"We have a desperate need for medical supplies, Commander, as well as a means to earn an honest living..."
13:26, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 15 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}5,4. Con.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:27, Tue 14 Dec 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 220 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 16:41
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In reply to Timothy Strickland (msg #2):

Agial'ili noting the gauzes displaying the status of the ship felt that she had to warn the Captain: "Captain, before you plot coordinates, please remember that we have very limited life support capabilities and fuel left. It could be that those coordinates are just to far away for us to reach"

Harry Selous
 player, 115 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 21:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry walks slowly towards the storm trooper that had broken off from the rest and leans against the wall, sliding down until he to is sitting with his back against the wall. He keeps his blaster held loosely in his hands, ready to fire in case anyone tries anything, but at ease enough to not be seen as threatening.

PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 234 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 22:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods at Agail'ili as he throttles up on a vector away from the Interdictor.  "C-Box, crunch those coordinates and calculate a full report on fuel cell reserves and life support with our added...  cargo.  Q7, load it up and be ready to punch it."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 21 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 12:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The droid brain starts to splutter something indignant, then sighs and simply replies, "I'll see what I can figure out, Captain..."

A few seconds pass, then he says, "I conferred with Q7 on the calculations and we should be fine.  The rendezvous with the Imperial rescue ship isn't far off our path.  We'll be cutting it close, but we should be able to make it there and to our destination on our remaining fuel reserves."
Arbiter
 GM, 477 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 12:36
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen replies to Strickland, "While we have our own casualties and injuries to look after, I will make sure that you are given assistance in gratitude for your service to the Empire."

Looking at Roice, his expression is confused.  "Who are you talking to?" he says.

(He's not wearing a headset like everyone else)
Agial'ili
 player, 221 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 13:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Since Roice was busy and she had nothing better to do she decided to answer the question: "He is talking to our computer, calculating if we have the means to make a detour. We were badly hurt by a Pirate attack and we have only limited fuel."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 158 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 13:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 235 posts
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 03:00
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice cocks the headset off his ear and says, "Sorry Commander, I'd shake your hand but I'm a little busy.  We've been badly hurt by a pirate attack and we have only limited fuel."

He puts the headset back on and says, "Say when, Q7."
Arbiter
 GM, 480 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 14:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen pointedly ignores Aggie's comment, visibly stiffening and scowling slightly when she speaks but not looking in her direction.

He nods when Roice repeats the exact same information.  "I understand.  It is good to see that, even in your current state, you came to the rescue of fellow humans." Again, he doesn't look at Aggie, but, oh, it's obvious what he's thinking...

Saluting Roice, he says, "I must see to my men, make sure they are secure.  Thank you and your crew again, Captain."

He turns to leave, but pauses long enough to glance at Strickland, "I'll see what I can do about getting compensation for your ship for your service to the Empire during your own time of trouble."

Then he's gone, back down to the cargo bay.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 26 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 14:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"We're good to go whenever," Q7 responds from the engine room.  "I preset the coordinates.  It's a bit off our path, but we should still have enough fuel to get there and to our original destination barring any other surprises."
Garret Haskel
 player, 322 posts
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 15:11
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret was still standing just inside the cargo area, keeping watch over the imperial troops.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 159 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 15:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Jensen pointedly ignores Aggie's comment, visibly stiffening and scowling slightly when she speaks but not looking in her direction.

He nods when Roice repeats the exact same information.  "I understand.  It is good to see that, even in your current state, you came to the rescue of fellow humans." Again, he doesn't look at Aggie, but, oh, it's obvious what he's thinking...


Smiling broadly at the Commanders offer, Sparks turns to Agail'ili still wearing the smile, albeit frozen...
Best not talk to him again Aggie.  Actually, probably best if you stay out of their way altogether.  Do you need help back to the engine room or your cabin?
Arbiter
 GM, 481 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 21:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Haskel: Jensen comes back down the gangway into the cargo hold.  He gives you a curt nod of acknowledgment, then steps into the center of the hold.

"Men, we will be making rendezvous with the rescue vessel soon.  I want you to remain on alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.  This crew is mixed.  While their loyalty to the Empire isn't in question... yet, I want you to be aware that there are non-humans on board that may or may not harbor Rebel sympathies.  Regardless, we will be out of the crew's hair soon enough and hopefully nothing unfortunate will occur during our time as guests aboard." He glares sternly at the Stormtrooper contingent, "I repeat, nothing unfortunate.  Am I making myself crystal clear?"

"Sir!" the Stormtroopers reply immediately, in near-unison.

"Borden, Miravi, join me at that table," he points to the lounge.  "The rest of you have your orders."

Two black-uniformed officers break away from the navy group and follow Jensen.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 160 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 21:30
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
I've got a bad feeling about this. wispers Sparks to Delfinn.

I'll fire up the Holo-vid with the local news channel.  Perhaps that will help calm things down.
Sparks selects the most pro-empire propaganda holo channel he can find, and tunes in it.
Agial'ili
 player, 223 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 22:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili had made herself a bit smaller when the officer had negated her. She looked smaller somehow and fearful. She nodded to Strickland and said softly: "My cabin please, I don't want to cause any problems."
Garret Haskel
 player, 323 posts
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 01:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret knew exactly who Jensen was talking about; he tried; but not very hard; to hide his distaste for the man and his speech. The guests had been behaving well enough so far. He ignored him as he passed back with some of his officers in tow.

"Captain, Jensen and two officers are meeting in the lounge. The rest of our guests appear to be fine."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 236 posts
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 02:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice cuts over the sublights and throttles into hyperdrive.

"Just everybody keep smiles on for..."  He glances at the navicomputer.  "Q7, ETA on this lane?"