Sneakin' Out.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 991 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 23:20
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland: By sticking to the shadows and avoiding drawing attention to yourself, you manage to successfully navigate your way out of the spaceport without running into any more trouble.

Selous: Your bluff works and passers-by calm down, several of them praising you for capturing the vicious beast.  However, you still need to get out of town before the police find you.

OOC: 2 more streetwise rolls will do it.

Aggie: You're hauled off by your captors, completely disoriented due to the bag on your head.  In short order you come to a stop inside a room somewhere.  You can tell because the street noise subsides and you brush up against a few shelves as you're taken through to your destination.

You're unceremoniously sat on a pallet of bags of... grain, maybe?  While voices talk and mutter in another room.  The discussion goes on for a minute before you're picked back up and a voice you recognize as the guy who originally put the bag on your head says, "We ain't tryin' t' pull no fast one.  Here," he tugs at the bag, uncovering your head and forcing you to blink in the sudden light.  "Blue Twi'lek, matches the bulletin and your bounty post exactly."
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 23:22
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Poodoo..." Loogie mutters as he locks eyes with Aggie.  "Why am I not surprised?"
Harry Selous
 player, 413 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 04:53
Re: Sneakin' Out
Harry nodded, smiled, and even waved if any of the people on the streets were particularly forthcoming with praise, but he desperately needed to get back to the ship.

OOC -
Harry Selous rolled 12 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 6,4,1. streetwise 1.
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. wild die.
Total = 13

Harry Selous rolled 11 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 6,3,1. streetwise 2.
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. wld die.
Total = 14

Timothy Strickland
 player, 469 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 09:01
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks headed straight back to the secret hanger as quickly as possible.  Not running, but power walking with a purpose.

09:00, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 11 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 5,4. Streetwise.
Agial'ili
 player, 439 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 20:56
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie knows better then to look up. She keeps her eyes fixed on the floor until ordered to do anything else.
Arbiter
 GM, 995 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 23:50
Re: Sneakin' Out
Selous and Strickland: You are free to return to the Homebase thread.  Strickland will get there first.

Aggie: You keep your eyes down and don't talk while the Hutt sighs in exasperation and tells his employee to pay the bounty hunters for their work.

The two men leave, well paid for their services, leaving you alone with Loogie and his muscle-bound minion.
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 23:55
Re: Sneakin' Out
"I knew the instant I set eyes on you and your friends," Loogie says, settling down behind his desk, "I knew you'd cause me trouble.  Now I've got to deal with this.  I just paid out 1,000 credits for you, little girl.  1,000 credits of my own money out of my own pocket for a promised reward of 9,500 for all four of you listed in the bulletin.  Now I come to find the 'wanted criminals' running loose and wreaking so much havoc in the spaceport aren't only known to me, but are causing said trouble under my nominal employ.  I assume," he grumbles, "this is all related to you and your friends trying to retrieve my chak-root before those fools burn it to ash?"
Agial'ili
 player, 440 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 16:05
Re: Sneakin' Out
The Hutt was obviously displeased and knowing masters she was certain that he did not want to get involved in any problems they might have caused. So she hoped that she was telling him what he wanted to hear.

"No sir, I have never seen you before, let alone being in your employ. I would have remnembered working for such an important person sir."

"However, it sems to me that they won't burn any root soon now"
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 16:19
Re: Sneakin' Out
The Hutt looks non-plussed for a moment, then genuinely concerned.  "Get her a drink, will you?" His burly bodyguard nods and leaves the room.  "Sit down, Twi'lek," he indicates a chair in front of his desk.  "Did you hit your head?  Damage a lekku?  I had a business partner once, got his right 'lek caught in a bearing grinder.  Squished it flat," he slaps his hands together to illustrate.  "Poor man wasn't the same after that.  Kept having memory problems, losing his train of thought mid-conversation..."

The big guy returns with a can of juice and sets it in front of the Twi'lek.  "I ask," the skinny Hutt continues, "Because you and your partner were in here not three hours ago bargaining with me to get your cred-chip laundered at a reduced rate in exchange for getting me back my root."
Agial'ili
 player, 441 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 16:38
Re: Sneakin' Out
She blinked, this was the last thing she had expected. But she accepted the glass gratefully and took a sip.

"No sir, I am alright, Thank you for the concern though"

"I assumed that you wanted us to deny that we were working for you at the time of trouble"

Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 8 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 16:49
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Uh, no," the Hutt replies.  "I want to figure out how we're going to solve this problem so that I'm not out 1,000 credits.  Denial isn't going to help anyone right now."

He rubs at his forehead with a thin-fingered hand, "None of my boys can find hide nor hair of your partner.  And I'm assuming the madman with the attack beast was with you, too?  No signs of him either.  I'd've heard if they'd been caught, and nobody's brought them in for the bounty I set out like they did with you.  It's a clever little deal I figured out," Loogie smiles, obviously proud of himself.  "I pay a percentage of the actual bounty free and clear.  No questions.  No paperwork.  No having to stand in line in a warrant office where you might possibly have your face on a poster or two yourself.  Then I turn in the bounty to the authorities, make back what I spent, and the remainder besides as profit.  Everybody wins.  Well," he shakes his head, "Except in this case, I'm afraid.  I can't risk having you and your accomplices blabbing to the police about how all the mayhem you caused was while working for me.  I've got several friends in the local PD, but not enough to shake the heat several attempted murders by Borbilla penitentiary escapees will bring."

Loogie glares at you sternly, "So, my friend, it's in your best interest, I think, to help me solve this little problem before I'm forced to solve it the most expedient way: by making the 'problem' disappear."
Agial'ili
 player, 442 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 8 Nov 2011
at 23:40
Re: Sneakin' Out
She looked up: "Well Sir, we can be discreet and forget we got working for you can't we? Plus if you help me back to where I got from, we can still finish the deal we made earlier as we did succeed in disrupting the burning. Minus the 1000 credits you missed of course."

"In fact, you can earn even more money as we are interested in buying some things as well. I have a small list of gear we like to acquire. Even more profit if you supply the goods for say 10% of the listed Catalogus price as service costs?"

Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 9 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 02:20
Re: Sneakin' Out
The Hutt, still frowning, nods to his man, who sets your comm down in front of you.  "You understand that I can't let you leave, I'm sure.  But, maybe we can reach an agreement."
Agial'ili
 player, 443 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 18:50
Re: Sneakin' Out
She picked up the communicator and clicked it on: "Anybody listening? Aggie here"
Garret Haskel
 player, 564 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 19:36
Re: Sneakin' Out
Garret's voice would come over the com channel.

"Aggie, what is your condition and location?"
Agial'ili
 player, 444 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 20:14
Re: Sneakin' Out
"I better not tell, who knows who is listening but is mr Strickland back into base?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 565 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 20:19
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Everyone else is back except you."
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 20:25
Re: Sneakin' Out
"And that's the way things will remain until we solve our current dilemma," Loogie chimes in over the comm channel.

OOC: Selous and Haskel will have no idea who this is, but Strickland recognizes the voice easily enough.
Agial'ili
 player, 445 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 20:37
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Um yes. Please get mr Stricklnad on will you?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 477 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 23:51
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Say my name again Legs, and I'll come down there and shoot you myself."  Barked Sparks angrily.  "And I won't miss."

"Wait a minute please, and I'll scramble this channel."
  Sparks runs to the cockpit, shuts the door, and runs a quick sypher.

"Get ready to change channels on my mark."  23:44, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 20 using 6d6 with rolls of 2,4,2,5,1,6. Encoding Cypher.

"Switch up 5 channels now...  Right Mister Loo, first I must apologise, for every bringing that useless 'Lek with me.
She blew the whole gaff, wrecked the mission, and spread my name all over the net.  You can thank her you haven't got your Root back!"

Sparks is clearly very angry indeed.
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 11 posts
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 00:43
Re: Sneakin' Out
The Hutt simply chuffs in amusement and settles more comfortably behind his desk.  "She the one that knifed all those religious loonies, Mr. Strickland?" he replies coyly.  "Working through all the assault with a deadly weapon charges is what's caused me the most grief.  However," he checks a datapad, "Ah!  Excellent!  One of my police contacts has just informed me that my crates have been seized as evidence.  A few bribes and they'll be back in my possession before morning.  So," he sets the pad down, "I suppose your services are no longer required.  Now, about the 1,000 credits I'm out keeping your friend from joining my root in the local lockup..." The threat in his tone is mild, but there.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 479 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 00:57
Re: Sneakin' Out

"Keep her, she's worth at least 1K in her boots.  She's a bad slave but trained never-the-less.

Don't forget Loogie the Hutt, if it hadn't been for us stabbing a few weirdo's, there would have been no police alert, and no raid, or confiscated root.
You still have is to thank after all"

Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 12 posts
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 01:47
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Thank you?" The Hutt replies incredulously, "The amount I stand to lose because of your antics far outweighs the money I was going to make off a few crates of chak-root!  If I'm linked to your madcap murder spree of legal citizens performing a government-protected religious protest, I may have to pull up stakes and set up business on a new world!  Which is the only reason I haven't turned the Twi'lek in for the bounty or sent my boys out looking for you to get the rest of what's being offered for your apprehension.  You're insane, Strickland, a lunatic every bit as bad as those zealots who deprive me of my chak-root income.  No, you're worse, they do what they do because of their hokey superstitious beliefs.  But I can tell just by listening to your tone that you enjoyed 'stabbing a few weirdos'.  I've seen your kind countless times before.  You're a walking dead man.  And everyone that associates with you is just as dead.  Well, I'm cutting off our 'association' before your insanity causes me any more trouble than it already has.  You're bad business, Mr. Strickland, and I don't do bad business."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 480 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 02:15
Re: Sneakin' Out
There is a pause, the Sparks changes the tone.  He kills his mic.
"CBox, can you triangulate this transmission?  Or can you access a street map.  I've been there so should be able to find it.  I want a location for this pond scum pronto.  We are about to call in a positive sighting of all suspects entering a residencial property.

Sparks goes very quiet, calm and measured.  The venom in his voice is unmistable though.

<Comlink>
"Shut up before you embarrass yourself, you ain't got the chops!  You never had 'em.  You're just a third rate punk on a third rate dust bowl of a planet.

I maybe a dead man walking, but I've got what you can never achieve yourself - The Fear and Respect of my enemies and KUDOS aming my peers.

Whats to stop me from turning you in eh?  After all you are the sponsor of the whole bloody affair.  Importing the Chak-Root.  Bribing Police to get it back.  Whada you wanna be a legit businessman for anyway?  It doesn't suit "


"I've changed my mind, you being so rude and all.  Now you gonna send the 'Lek back to me, or you'll find out just how right you are about me being a ruthless sociapathic killer..."
Arbiter
 GM, 1004 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 02:31
Re: Sneakin' Out
The only response you get is the sound of the communications line being cut.