Sneakin' Out.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 922 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 16 Aug 2011
at 20:11
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Alternately..." The Hutt replies, waving off his thug who had been in the process of moving to intercept your exit.  "If you're willing to solve a problem for me, I could be persuaded to lower my cut to, say, fifteen percent?"
Agial'ili
 player, 405 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 16 Aug 2011
at 20:58
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie listened to the bartering, amazed at how glib they all sounded. Bartering seemed to be a useful talent. To bad that she felt to shy to speak up, what if she said the wrong thing?

So she was surprised when Timothy made as iof he wante to walk away and she nearly spoke up to let him stay and try harder when the hutt spoke. It had been a ploy of sorts. Her admiration of his talents grew, however the idea of doing something in return? Such deals always went wrong in her admittilngly short experience.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 413 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 16 Aug 2011
at 21:32
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks stopped, his back to Loogie, eyeing the goon at the door.
"I'm interested."
The reply was deadpan and emotionless.

Sparks turns, an impish grin on his face.
"So what's your problem?"
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 17 Aug 2011
at 21:28
Re: Sneakin' Out
The Hutt reclines behind his desk, starting to fold his hands over his stomach before self-consciously changing to crossing them over his chest instead.

"I recently had a shipment of chak-root stolen from me by some locals, religious zealots.  They think there's something unclean, sinful about the root and they destroy it whenever they can get their hands on it.  My sources tell me they plan to burn my shipment tonight at one of their crazy gatherings; some sort of offering to their gods or what-not.  I don't bother with the minutiae of these savage's idol-worshipping."

The Hutt seems unconcerned that two members of the race he's referring to as "savage" are currently standing in the room, and for their part, neither Jayden or the thug seem to react to the comment.

"I want my merchandise back.  You get me my shipment, I launder your credits at a reduced rate.  Do it with a minimum of fuss and bother, and maybe I'll have more work for you.  If," the Hutt gives you a questioning glance, "You plan on sticking around?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 414 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 10:11
Re: Sneakin' Out
"O.k then.  Some intel would be useful...

How much Root are we taling about?  Can me and the girl carry it alone, or will we need a speeder?

Do you know where are these Zealots holed up?  Make it much easier for us if we know where to go.

Oh, and I seem to have left my blaster at home.  Any chance of borrowing a hold-out for the occasion?"

Agial'ili
 player, 406 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 10:58
Re: Sneakin' Out
At the mention of blasters she perked up: "And perhaps a big blaster pistol? People are very cooperative when you point one at them."

To her mind, the bigger the blaster the better.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 415 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 11:01
Re: Sneakin' Out

"No dear.  Big guns are conspicuous and noisy.  Mr Loogie has already said he wants this kept quiet..."
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 4 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 15:39
Re: Sneakin' Out
"And by quiet, I mean I don't want my name on it," the Hutt replies.  "This is merely a matter of convenience; I'm using you since you're here and want to cut a deal.  You'll get no equipment or weapons from me.  If you can get me my root, I'll launder your credits for the reduced rate.  If you can't, I'll just send some of my own boys to do the job.  So, figure it out for yourselves.  And," he looks at the both of you pointedly, "If you don't own a blaster, I'd suggest not leaving your ship next time you visit Gaurick IV."

His wide mouth spreads in a self-satisfied grin as he reclines comfortably behind his desk.  "I believe our business is concluded for now.  Grael will show you out." the big thug steps up as the Hutt mentions him.  "When you get my root, come back and we'll chat.  Until then, please have a nice day."

It's fairly clear that the Hutt considers the matter closed and further discussion isn't going to help your case.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 416 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 15:55
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks turns to leave, guided by Grael's directions, tugging on Aggie's tunic to follow him.
On the way out, Sparks nods to Jayden to follow them.

Sparks exits quicklt from the building, waiting until they are back in the ally before sheathing his dagger once more.


Once they are outside and back into the street...

"Needed to give Loogie the last word, make him feel powerful.  Knew he wouldn't help us, just needed to make him feel superior,
which for such a small Hutt is obviously very important."


Sparks makes sure Jayden follows behind them.
"Right Jayden, seems you get paid when we do.  It's in your interest then to help us eh?"
Arbiter
 GM, 923 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 20:47
Re: Sneakin' Out
"No it ain't!" the ruffian replies, twitching nervously.  "I don't want no part of this!" Jayden begins backing away from the two of you.  "Forget the money, you're on your own!"

He scrambles away, running as fast as his scrawny legs will carry him.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 417 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 21:07
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Oh well, lets go for a walk then Aggie..."

That wasn't quite what I had in mind.  Ok lets get the job done.

"Any ideas?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 418 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 21:18
Re: Sneakin' Out
PM
Timothy Strickland
 player, 419 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 21:54
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Shite!"

Sparks breaks into a run, desperately trying to follow Jaydens quick exit
"Keep movin', quickly!"
Agial'ili
 player, 407 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 19 Aug 2011
at 14:13
Re: Sneakin' Out
mr Strickland sounded very confident. As if he knew what he was doing. However, she wondered if it had been a good idea to let he small Hutt know how vulnerable they were.

She was about to say something when she froze and then moaned as she tried to cover her eyes and her ears. "To bright, to bright". She stumbled around, clearly having no idea of her surroundings.
Arbiter
 GM, 924 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 20 Aug 2011
at 23:43
Re: Sneakin' Out
Distracted by Aggie's sudden dysfunction, Strickland zigs when he should've zagged.

It doesn't take long for you to figure out that you're not only lost, but you're lost in a very bad place.

Confirming your suspicion are the trio of lowlifes who get up off the stoop they were reclining on and head in your direction, exchanging smirks and gestures that obviously mean something to them--something most likely nefarious.

"Help you folks?" the punk in the middle asks, grinning nastily.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 420 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 21 Aug 2011
at 01:40
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks turns his head to face the homies, while his body is side-on, concealing his hand as it falls to his
Vibroknife and unfastens the strap.

"Arh yes!  We are on our way to the big church meeting tonight.  Heard there is going to be a Root burning. Can you call a Cab for us?"
Agial'ili
 player, 408 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 21 Aug 2011
at 21:07
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie in the meanwhile was causing a distraction. As she was becomming violently ill.

OOC: 23:05, Today: Agial'ili rolled 9 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,4. stamina.
Arbiter
 GM, 925 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 21 Aug 2011
at 22:56
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie's sudden regurgitation event is indeed distracting.  And gross.

Decide now: fight, flee, or talk.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 421 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 21 Aug 2011
at 23:57
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks wanted to fight.  He is outraged by these knuckle-draggers, and wants to show them the meaning of pain.

The rage was building up inside him, coursing through his veins.  He would control it, wait, use Aggies distraction to his advantage.

The Goons were sure to close in now that the Twi-Lek was prone and he stood alone.  But he needed them to be within arms length before he could kill them.

Sparks was motionless as the red mist descended, his blood boilled with rage, the anger pumped his muscles and sinew with supernatural strength.
"Do you know what your sin is?  It's Greed.  Repent and sin no more..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 422 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 22 Aug 2011
at 02:30
Re: Sneakin' Out
Focussing his anger, Sparks waits until the first thug has almost grabbed Aggie..

Sparks with lunge at the thug going for Aggie, striking at his exposed armpit, hoping to crush the nerve cluster there.

Changing the weight balance on his feet, Sparks brings his forward foot up and down, hoping for a viscious knee strike on the second man.

Trying to regain his balance, Sparks swings wildly at the third man
Arbiter
 GM, 926 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 22 Aug 2011
at 03:06
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland charges in, launching strikes at all three men.  But this obviously isn't their first rodeo and they manage to avoid being hit.  "Not bad," the leader opines, grinning.  "Maybe we got us a real fight, huh?  Beats mugging tourists..." His cohorts snicker.

The lead goon draws a knife--not a vibroblade, just a regular knife--the one to his left pulls out what looks like brass knuckles, but the contact studs on the punching face scream tazer.  The guy in the right isn't armed, but he doesn't exactly seem upset at the discrepancy as he raises his fists.

OOC: Thugs used their combat actions to arm up.  New round.
Init order:
Strickland
Knife thug
Fists thug
Shock thug
Aggie (make another Stamina check to see if you're done barfing up a lung)
Agial'ili
 player, 409 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 22 Aug 2011
at 15:00
Re: Sneakin' Out
Think Aggie is still out of things. However, with explosive vomiting what is the chance she hits a thug?


OOC: 16:58, Today: Agial'ili rolled 8 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,4.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 423 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 23 Aug 2011
at 03:25
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks suddenly felt a calm come across him.  Aggie was prone, riven by a vomitting fit.
He was outnumbered 3:1 by armed thugs, and yet...

The fear and doubt that had been clouding his judgement disappeared like the morning dew - He knew what he has to do.

It is very clear.

His calmness grew into an aura of confidence.  There was no anger, no fear, no doubt - there was The Force?

A1. Sparks drops into a crouch, bring his right leg around in a roundhouse kick, aiming to smash the left knee of the leader (knife).

A2. Not even waiting to see the response, Sparks springs to his feet anticipating (Fists) Goon as he close in from the right.
Planting his feet, Sparks executes a side kick straight into the guys solar plexus, hoping to crack a few ribs in the process.

A3. Sparks hopes to use (Fists) Goon's chest as a springboard, pushing off into a roll under (Stun Glove) Goon.
Sparks can almost feeling the electro-static charge of the Stun Glove behind him, using this to guide his senses.
Sparks hopes to catch the Goon out, attacking under his guard and avoiding the Stun Glove swing.

A4. Coming up into a crouch from his roll, Sparks drives his fist into the Goon's groin with all his might.
Arbiter
 GM, 927 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 23 Aug 2011
at 21:17
Re: Sneakin' Out
Before the three thugs can so much as blink, Strickland leaps into the middle of the trio.  With a speed and skill that seem... out of place for a communications engineer, he drops the men with devastating effectiveness.

All three fall to the ground, clutching their injuries, the fight thoroughly gone out of them.

Aggie finally begins to recover.  The sickness passes, but her head is still ringing like a bell.

If you leave right now you can get away before the guys on the ground recover enough to get back up.

To get back to a decent part of town, someone needs to make a Streetwise roll.  It should probably be Strickland, because Aggie's not really capable of seeing straight right now.

Aggie, your head will clear in a while, or you can make another Stamina check to get is straightened out now.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 424 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 24 Aug 2011
at 06:17
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks rises in to the horse stand and pauses for a second.  All was silent. No more goons appeared from the darkness.  Time to leave.

Sparks scooped up the knife and wrenched the stun glove from the unconscious goon.  No time to strip search these guys.

"C'mon Aggie, lets move!"  Sparks stuffs the weapons into the pouches of his shipsuit, and puts an arm around the Twi-Lek.
"C'mon luv, on yer feet.  Lets get outta this gutter!"

They double back to zag, where they zigged the last time, trying to find the main road.

Sparks gets out his comlink,
"CBox, come in over?  I need you do a couple things for me?
First, lock on to my comm's signal and plot my postion with the ships sensors.
Second, discretely call the Captain to the bridge, I need a word with him."