Sneakin' Out.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Agial'ili
 player, 410 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 24 Aug 2011
at 20:50
Re: Sneakin' Out
Thing had been happening so fast, so vivid, so bright. But there was no way that she could recall what had happened. It was all she could do to follow mr Stricklands lead. Concentrating on not stumbling over the debris.

Now that looked like an inteesting piece, could that be? No. Focus, focus on running, ignore the rest.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 48 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 25 Aug 2011
at 22:27
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Well hello there, Mr. Strickland!" Chatterbox chimes from your comm.  "I was beginning to think you guys had forgotten about me!  No can do with the sensors, sorry.  The hangar's shielded.  But I can patch you through to a geosat if you've got a computer on you." Chatterbox pauses for a moment, then comes back, "Umm, the Captain sounded... busy.  Then he shut off his comm.  Should I get one of the others?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:27, Thu 25 Aug 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 425 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 25 Aug 2011
at 22:43
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Yeah, send a coded message to Selous.
Message Reads;
Wanna come to a party tonight with us? Full Black Tie.  It's open house so bring a friend. Comm's and Engines.

"I hope that's not too cryptic for him?"

Sparks is still half carrying Aggie along the alley, which seems to continue for ever!
Arbiter
 GM, 929 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 25 Aug 2011
at 22:57
Re: Sneakin' Out
Finally, after what seems like an eternity, you find your way back to a more respectable area of the spaceport town.  Aggie's head begins to clear, as well.


It's getting on towards evening now, which means the root burning can't be long now.

Chatterbox comms back to let you know that he sent Selous your message and is awaiting a response.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 426 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 26 Aug 2011
at 18:30
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks quickly led Aggie to an intersection, where he might get some bearings, or find out where the Root burning was gonna be?
He looked for possoble 'suspects' to follow to the party.

Whispering to Aggie as then walked, he fingered the weapons in his shipsuit.
"Are you prepared to kill somebody if your life dependds on it, Legs?"  Sparks was quite sincere, challanging Aggie's whole life philosophy!

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Mon 29 Aug 2011.

Harry Selous
 player, 378 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 26 Aug 2011
at 20:53
Re: Sneakin' Out
While waiting for Aggie's answer, Strickland gets a reply from Selous on his comm.

"I'm down to come along. Where did you and the captain put our new party clothes? Also, the friend I'm bringing likes to eat, so there better be plenty of food there. Deck and Welcoming Party."

OOC: You can either try to decipher that yourself or make a Streetwise check and I'll tell you what he means if you pass. ;)

(GM post)

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:40, Fri 26 Aug 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 427 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 26 Aug 2011
at 21:34
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks replies in code,
"Apperatiffs at dusk, best hurry or you'll be late.  My spare tux is at the laundrette, sorry.  I've got you a bow tie though.
You friend would be most welcome and they'll be plenty of meat to chew on!

I have an offer for our merchandise at 15%.  We have to return something they lost first.  Get it before dark and return it tonight. Best offer in town.
If we have to leave the party early, the cost will double!"


OOC - I getcha mate ;o)
Harry Selous
 player, 380 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 26 Aug 2011
at 22:39
Re: Sneakin' Out
Selous' response is brief, "If you say so, I'll bring my old tux just in case. So what door do I use to get to the party?"

(GM post)
Timothy Strickland
 player, 428 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 26 Aug 2011
at 23:47
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks begin to speak a little more plainly,
"Follow us the way I came out, but watch your step.  We're looking for a weirdo convention.  Shouldn't be too difficult to find,
especially if your friend can track Root by its smell?"

Agial'ili
 player, 411 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 28 Aug 2011
at 20:56
Re: Sneakin' Out
Kill? Could she kill? The thought was horrifying. She had no wish to kill anybody. She just wanted her freedom and things to fix and yes perhaps a nice place to call home, But would she kill for that?

Then she thought about the scary gungan and how much she wanted him to just go away. She had been fantasying about killing him. Still she had no idea how to do such a feat so in the end she looked doubtfull and said:

"I am not certain mr Strickland. I might when I am scared enough I think. I never hurt somebody intentionally."
Arbiter
 GM, 933 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 30 Aug 2011
at 20:13
Re: Sneakin' Out
It doesn't take much loitering about to spot spot a few suspicious characters.  Like the mob from earlier, they're dressed in rough, simple clothing, obviously a uniform of sorts for the religious types.

The two Gaurickan men and three women are furtively talking to each other as they pass by you.  They're in a hurry to get somewhere, that much is obvious.

Selous and Strickland wrap up their conversation, now it's just a matter of meeting up.  There's a prominent billboard right across the street from where you're hanging about, displaying a smiling Sullustan driving an expensive looking speeder.  It should serve as a recognizable landmark.
Arbiter
 GM, 934 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 1 Sep 2011
at 19:53
Re: Sneakin' Out
Haskel: It occurs to you as you step out of the hangar and out onto the road leading to the spaceport that you have absolutely no idea where Strickland and Aggie might be found...
Garret Haskel
 player, 518 posts
Thu 1 Sep 2011
at 20:22
Re: Sneakin' Out
Garret kept going when he realized he had no way of finding the others; it would have been worse if he had gone back inside after getting out. He continued down the road; hoping Selous would tell one of them to find him.

He figured finding out where the locals were going to be gathered wouldn't be too hard; and that Strickland and Aggie would be nearby.
Agial'ili
 player, 412 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 1 Sep 2011
at 21:48
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Perhaps we should walk back to the spaceport and collect them?" suggested Aggie remembering how confusing things were outside.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 429 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 2 Sep 2011
at 11:05
Re: Sneakin' Out
"We don't have the time.  We need to follow those Root Haters now, carefully mind, and relay waypoints back via comlink.
Better we arrive ontime with a chance of getting the stuff, than we all arrive too late."


Sparks began to tail the 'targets' at a distance, citing the billboard as the first waypoint and seeking one at every junction.

[Comlink]
"Hurry guys!  The party is starting soon.  Get to the laughing Sullustan billboard and await further directions."
Arbiter
 GM, 935 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 2 Sep 2011
at 16:38
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland and Aggie: Strickland is easily able to follow the zealots amidst the regular folk moving through town.  Their clothing makes them stand out against the more cosmopolitan inhabitants.

You're able to make note of easily identifiable landmarks that you can convey via commlink.

It's too bad Haskel didn't mention bringing one along... (OOC: HA!  EVIL GM TIME! >:D)

OOC: Aggie: I'll need a Streetwise roll from you as well to avoid giving away yourself and Strickland as you follow the zealots.

Haskel: You hit the edge of town and start looking for anything or anyone that might give you a clue to where you should be going.

OOC: Streetwise roll, please.  Make it a good one.
Agial'ili
 player, 413 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 3 Sep 2011
at 20:30
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie followed the more experiencwed man. Relying on every slave thought survival skill of remaining unobtrusive.

OOC: 22:28, Today: Agial'ili rolled 16 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 6,4,5. streetwise.
Arbiter
 GM, 936 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 3 Sep 2011
at 23:52
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland and Aggie: The two of you have no trouble maintaining a discrete tail on the zealots as they head out of town.  It seems that you'd being led to an older, disused area of the spaceport.  Several abandoned hangars sit out in a field.  The crumbling bits of tarmac and shattered concrete pylons indicate that there was once a runway here, but it's long since fallen to disrepair.

You hear more voices from various directions and decide to hunker down behind a fallen pylon.  As you watch, more zealots converge from various directions, joining up with the group you'd been following, and head for a large, rusted-out hangar.  One of them knocks at the door and it slides open, allowing them access.  Once they're inside, the door closes again.

Haskel: As you wander into town, a seedy-looking individual sidles over to you and mutters, "Hey, you look lost.  I'd be happy to guide you where you want to go for a few credits.  You lookin' for food?  Shops?  Maybe a little...?" he grins lasciviously, exposing yellowed teeth, and waggles his eyebrows.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 430 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 4 Sep 2011
at 14:35
Re: Sneakin' Out
From his OP behind the fallen pylon, Sparks observed the goings on.
He tried to estimate if this was the only entrance to the old hanger, how many Zealots have entered since they'd been here,
if there was a 'secret knock' or any guards on the door.  He'd get as much intel as he could while he waited for Selous.

Sparks relayed directions to Selous.  The Hunter didn't have the time to be as subtle as Sparks, especially with Chomper in tow.
They had to meet up ASAP and hit the place hard and fast!  Sparks figured that the Root was gonna be nowhere near the door he could see,
and be well guarded too.  Plan A was out of the question...  Had to find another way in...
Garret Haskel
 player, 519 posts
Sun 4 Sep 2011
at 14:50
Re: Sneakin' Out
"I heard there is a sort of religious gathering among the locals. I am looking for that place and I need to get there fast."
Arbiter
 GM, 937 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 14:18
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland and Aggie: You can't see any other entrances from your vantage point, but it seems unlikely that there's only one door into the large hangar.  As for the knock, you don't detect any specific pattern.  It looks more like they're passing people through on a visual inspection--those outfits serve a purpose other than "zealot fashion", apparently.

Haskel: The scruffy man jumps and looks around nervously, then tries to regain his composure.  "W-why would you want to g-go there?" he stammers while trying to maintain his ingratiating smile.  "So many more interesting places to see here.  Maybe you're hungry?  I hear Ooglio's is running a special on their roast bantha tonight!"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 431 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 17:06
Re: Sneakin' Out

"Aggie, I need some of those scarecrow costumes for me and Selous.  You kinda stick out, so keep your head down wait here for him to arrive.
I'll try to find the back door too, back in a few minutes..."


Sparks sneaks off, tailing a lone Zealot as they shuffle along in the dark...

Once Sparks in close he'll pounch!  Knock they goof out, strip the robes off him and move on quickly and quietly.
Agial'ili
 player, 414 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 18:19
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Okay." Aggie obediently hunkers down and goes into cover. Eyes darting around to look for a nice hooded cloak. Such an item could be usefull
Garret Haskel
 player, 520 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:40
Re: Sneakin' Out
"My reasons are my own. All that matters is that I get there in the shortest possible amount of time."

Haskel spoke calmly, but in a tone that made it clear he would not be persuaded to go else where.
Arbiter
 GM, 938 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:57
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland and Aggie: Strickland slips away after a lone victim, leaving Aggie to stay hidden.


Haskel: The Gaurickan's demeanor changes quickly and he spits something in Huttese at you, then hurries away as quickly as he can scuttle.