Sneakin' Out.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Agial'ili
 player, 428 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 16:40
Re: Sneakin' Out
"The boss knows that we are out? Should we not head back in then before more bad stuff happens?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 446 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 17:09
Re: Sneakin' Out

"Where's the fun in that!  He doesn't care about us anyhow, we're disposable.  It's the Ship that concerns the Boss.

Even if we get disciplined, better to have some cash hidden away aswell, eh?"

Arbiter
 GM, 965 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 18:29
Re: Sneakin' Out
The sound of the approaching mob is getting louder.  They're coming around the long way as well, setting your group and their up for a head-on collision.
Agial'ili
 player, 429 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 20:04
Re: Sneakin' Out
"I don't like that sort of fun, no when people try to kill me, we must get out of here"

She looked toward the fence and started to get over it, to the safety of the airfield.
Arbiter
 GM, 966 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 15:37
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie makes a break for it over the fence.  Or does she?

OOC: Climbing check, please.

Chomper is snarling and hissing, straining against his leash.  He's pulling Selous in the direction of the oncoming voices, obviously eager for more fighting.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 447 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 16:11
Re: Sneakin' Out

"Plan A Selous, freight train.  Chase me down!"
Sparks heads towards the noises, way ahead of the SandSlasher, ensuring his cloak and hood are secured.

When the Zealots come into sight, Sparks stats screaming unintelligably,
"AAAAAAAARrrrrrgh!"
Waving his hands in panic, but keeping away from the middle of the alley.
Agial'ili
 player, 430 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 19:20
Re: Sneakin' Out
OOC: 21:19, Today: Agial'ili rolled 6 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,1. climb.
Harry Selous
 player, 396 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 08:10
Re: Sneakin' Out
Harry grinned as Sparks took off. It took half a moment for him to realize the plan, but when he figured it out, he took off running, chasing after the tech. Throw caution to the wind, and let slip the Sand Slashers of war.

Now Harry was barreling toward the mob, tugging at Chomper's chain if the animal was surprised by the sudden lack of restraint.
Arbiter
 GM, 967 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 21:38
Re: Sneakin' Out
Quite the contrary, Chomper's reaction to the sudden movement is to take off running after Strickland, quickly overtaking and dragging along Selous behind.

Advice to Strickland: DO NOT STOP RUNNING (unless you aren't particularly fond of your leg)

Aggie manages to make it over the fence and is now in the relative clear, a couple of dozen meters away from where she'd been hiding in the first place.

The zealots round the corner and stop dead, surprised by the sight of what looks like one of them number running in blind panic down the alleyway, a monster and its madman handler close on his heels.
Garret Haskel
 player, 544 posts
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 21:44
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Fine do whatever you want. Just get back here."

Garret says, irritated then signs off; ignoring the sounds he hears through the still open comlink channel before closing it.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 448 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 22:17
Re: Sneakin' Out

Sparks barrels straight towards the zealots, seemingly in screaming panic!
His aim is to run through them, then swere sharply, hoping to present Chomper with much easier prey?

23:16, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 12 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,4,5. Running/Stamina.
Arbiter
 GM, 969 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 18 Oct 2011
at 23:37
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland and Selous: The zealots clear the way for Strickland, but are unprepared for Chomper--who at this point was close on his heels.  The 'slasher lives up to his name, leaping onto the first person that gets in his way, snapping and snarling as the man screams and tries to fend off the attacking beast.

The leash is naturally ripped clear from Selous' hands.  Again.

Several of the men run away, following Strickland.  They didn't sign up to have their faces eaten by predatory repto-mammals.  But a half-dozen remain, ready to confront the heretic that would assault their brethren with vicious attack lizards!

OOC: Better figure out how to play this quick or they'll attack.

Aggie: You hear the screams and chaos behind you as you run away from the alley.  For now, you're in the clear.  But you can hear people coming back from the alleyway, running. And it sounds as if people are getting quite agitated inside the hangar.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 449 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 Oct 2011
at 13:46
Re: Sneakin' Out
Veering off to the side, as previously stated, Sparks runs round in a small circle coming up behind the smaller group of psycho-death-wish-zealots.

Making a show of panting and resting on his haunches, Sparks secretly claps his knife beneath his cloak.
Agial'ili
 player, 431 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 19 Oct 2011
at 20:35
Re: Sneakin' Out
OOC: Ok I am lost here. Are we back at the compound of the zealots? Or are we back at oor 'prison'?
Harry Selous
 player, 397 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 19 Oct 2011
at 20:40
Re: Sneakin' Out
Harry follows in right behind Chomper, going straight for the next closest Zealot with a swing towards the being's face.

OOC -
Harry Selous rolled 17 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,4,2,5. Brawling.
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. brawling wild die.
total = 18

Harry Selous rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,1,3. damage
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. damage CP.
Harry Selous rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. damage CP 2.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. cp wild die roll.
total = 17   

Arbiter
 GM, 971 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 00:16
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland and Selous strike.  The hunter delivers an expertly-executed punch to the jaw of one of the zealots, jawbone breaking under his fist with a sickening crunch.  The man disguised as one of the religious fanatics lunges at the back of his unsuspecting target, driving his knife into the Gaurickan's back.  He groans in shock and pain from the injury, but doesn't go down.

In the blink of an eye, that's a zealot down and one badly hurt.  But the ones left aren't running.

Initiative Order
Strickland
Selous
5 zealots
Chomper (who's otherwise busy for the moment)

Aggie: Several zealots come running from the area you just left, headed full-tilt for the hangar.  They don't seem to notice you.  From the sounds coming from the alley behind you, they obviously have other concerns on their mind than a lone twi'lek standing in the middle of the landing field.
Harry Selous
 player, 398 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 05:44
Re: Sneakin' Out
Harry spins to face his next opponent, moving to deliver what he hoped would be a brutal knee to the groin.

OOC -
Harry Selous rolled 15 using 4d6 with rolls of 4,2,5,4. groin knee
Harry Selous rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 5,2,6. damage.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 451 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 08:56
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks quickly moves away from the injured man, immediately changing target for maximum disruption.
With any luck the wounded Zealot will be totally disorientated.
He slashes visciously at the next Zealot, all pretence now gone.

09:53, Today: Secret Roll: Timothy Strickland rolled 18 using 4d6+2 with rolls of 5,6,4,1. Melee Attack - Knife.
09:53, Today: Secret Roll: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,4,3,1. Damage.

Agial'ili
 player, 432 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 15:09
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie found some shadows to stay in while she looked for an escape route. But when she saw the zelots running into the hanger she got an idea, could she perhaps trap them there?

OOC: How do the doors open? Is it possible to quickly make them jammed shut?
Arbiter
 GM, 972 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 15:28
Re: Sneakin' Out
OOC: There's a big pair of sliding doors for moving air/spacecraft in and out with a smaller, normal-sized door set into one of the hangar doors.  Nothing hi-tech or fancy, just good ol' hinge and doorknob technology.  There's plenty of debris around that you could use to wedge under the knob.  It wouldn't stop them from opening the big doors, and there are probably other doors into the place.  But it would at least slow them down and cause some confusion.
Arbiter
 GM, 974 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 20:40
Re: Sneakin' Out
OOC: OH yeah!  Fighting!

Selous' knee meets zealot's groin, sending the man stumbling back, clutching his crotch in agony.  Strickland slashes at his opponent, but only manages to slice open his robes.

Now the natives rally and come back at their attackers.

Three zealots, the one that's already been stabbed, the one that just suffered wardrobe damage, and a third one, lunge after Strickland, kicking and punching.  Perhaps because they're wary of the knife, none of them manage to land a damaging blow.

The other two, one still hobbling from a mashed crotch, go after Selous.  The injured one is unable to hit, but his partner punches Selous in the gut.

OOC: Roll to soak damage.

Initiative Order
Selous
Strickland
Zealots (5)

Timothy Strickland
 player, 452 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 21 Oct 2011
at 21:31
Re: Sneakin' Out
Sparks is once again staggered by the stupidity of these zealots!  He whirls and strikes at the 2nd Zealot again.

22:16, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 14 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 4,2,6. Melee Attack - Knife.  TOTAL 14 + 10 = 24

22:16, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 2d6 with rolls of 6,4. Melee Parry.
22:17, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. Wild Die. TOTAL of 11+5 = 16.

22:27, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 1,4,2,6. Damage.

Harry Selous
 player, 399 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 22 Oct 2011
at 03:17
Re: Sneakin' Out
OOC - Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,3,4. damage soak.

IC -

Harry takes the blow and keeps going at his already wounded opponent. He sends one foot flying in the hopes of connecting with the zealot's groin a second time.

OOC -
Harry Selous rolled 12 using 4d6 with rolls of 3,1,6,2. groin kick.
Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,4,5. damage. 

Arbiter
 GM, 975 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 22 Oct 2011
at 23:20
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland's blade hits home this time and the zealot screams as his robes start to redden with blood.

Selous is thrown off by the punch he just took and misses his attack.

OOC: You're stunned, -1D to all attacks next round.

The zealots seem to be about to rally, but one of them barks out a few words in what you assume is the native tongue and the five men back off.  They don't retreat, just move out of immediate striking range.

"Why are you attacking us, heretics?" the near-human that's assumed the lead spits at you.  "And why do you dress yourselves as a True Believer?" this is obviously directed at Strickland.

Further down the alley the sounds of Chomper continuing to "play" with his victim can be heard.  The man is making enough noise that it's obvious he's still alive.

OOC: Talk or fight, it's up to you.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 454 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 22 Oct 2011
at 23:48
Re: Sneakin' Out
In reply to Arbiter (msg #189):

"Our employer don't like you stealing his Root and burning it!
We are paid to do you weirdo's harm until the theft and destruction of his private goods is stopped.
I don't cae about your morals, this is just business.  I don't wanna kill you either, it's just business, but I will if you nerf herders get in my way again."


Sparks keeps his face covered, one eye on Chomper too.