Sneakin' Out.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 890 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 18:13
Sneakin' Out
It's early evening when you make your way carefully out of the maintenance exit and out onto the service road that terminates at the underground hangar.  The entire hangar area is surrounded by a 3 meter fence.  In the distance, about 2 or so km away, you can see the haze of the spaceport, the occasional moving pinpoint of light indicating a ship taking off or landing.

There's not a lot of cover between the hangar and the spaceport, this area of Gaurick IV is mostly open grassland.  But it's also fairly isolated.  There don't even seem to be any protesters outside the fence surrounding the hangar (which, btw, you are still inside, but it's simple chainlink, there isn't even any barbed wire around the top).

To climb the fence will require a Strength check.  To attempt to bypass the electronic lock keeping the gate at the end of the service road locked will require a Security check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:28, Sun 14 Aug 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 386 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 19:19
Re: Sneakin' Out
"I don't fancy climbing that fence!  I'll pick the lock instead, eh?"

Sparks will sneak over that way, watchful of his surroundings.
20:18, Today: Secret Roll: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 1,2,6. Sneak.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:40, Sun 14 Aug 2011.

Arbiter
 GM, 891 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 20:19
Re: Sneakin' Out
Coast seems clear so far.  The lock is fairly simple, an electronic keypad for inputting the proper code.  Roll Security to finagle it.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 387 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 21:32
Re: Sneakin' Out
This lock looked simple enough.  Famous last words!

22:28, Today: Secret Roll: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 2,6,1. Security.
Agial'ili
 player, 385 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 22:32
Re: Sneakin' Out
Aggie looks anxiously as she sees mr Strickland fumble with the lock. Hovering behind him, ready to intervene when he makes a mistake.

OOC: 00:30, Today: Agial'ili rolled 20 using 5d6 with rolls of 3,2,5,5,5. security.
Arbiter
 GM, 892 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 24 Jul 2011
at 00:32
Re: Sneakin' Out
Strickland is able to easily bypass the lock, even with Aggie hovering and kibitzing and trying to "help"...

The gate swings open, and freedom--or at least shopping--beckons.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 388 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 24 Jul 2011
at 02:29
Re: Sneakin' Out

"Lets head for a seedy bar first.  We should fit right in, and hopefully we can get a contact.
Can't just turn up to a shop with a Credstik as big as this!"


Sparks heads off towards the dim shady corners...
Agial'ili
 player, 386 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 24 Jul 2011
at 15:07
Re: Sneakin' Out
"Okay, you have done things like this before I guess. So I will follow your lead."
Wrapping a brown cloak over herself to hide her more obvious and recognizable feautures Aggie follows mr Strickland eyes darting left and right for danger.
Arbiter
 GM, 893 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 24 Jul 2011
at 23:56
Re: Sneakin' Out
The two of you make your way along the service road, keeping an eye and ear out for any sign that someone might be coming.  It's clear all the way until you reach the outskirts of the spaceport.

You hear the chanting before you see the crowd.  Ahead is a large group of natives, dressed in simple, rough clothing, carrying signs and shouting a loud, angry chant in unison.  They're totally in your way.  No way you're getting past the protesters without having to try and go halfway around the complex to find anther road in.
Agial'ili
 player, 387 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 21:05
Re: Sneakin' Out
She stopped in her tracks obviously terrified to move towards the angry crowd. Eyes darting around to find another way out.
Arbiter
 GM, 895 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 21:17
Re: Sneakin' Out
The crowd continues its chant, shouting "The Root is Sin!" over and over.  They seem very upset about whatever this sinful root might be...
Timothy Strickland
 player, 389 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 21:44
Re: Sneakin' Out

"Oh frak!  Any ideas?  What if we wonder up chanting 'The Root is Sin!' That's all I got sister!"
Agial'ili
 player, 388 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 27 Jul 2011
at 11:54
Re: Sneakin' Out
She shook her head in denial. "We need to find another way"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 390 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 27 Jul 2011
at 11:58
Re: Sneakin' Out

Hah!  Lets do it!
Arbiter
 GM, 897 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 27 Jul 2011
at 14:24
Re: Sneakin' Out
If you're going to barge into the crowd, chanting their slogan, you need to make a Con roll to blend in.  If you're just going to try and skulk through without drawing attention to yourself, you need to roll Sneak.