5: Flying Under the Radar.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 1241 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 01:31
5: Flying Under the Radar
For over a month now, you have been hiding from both CSA and Imperial justice on the fringe world of Farana.  Splynn required major medical assistance and has been in a hospital since you landed.  While he spent the first week in a coma, he has been conscious since, but unable to leave as he requires regular chelating treatments and bacta immersions to deal with the heavy-metal poisoning he got during the fire incident on the Tracker.  Roice has been to see him a couple of times, but for the most part you’ve avoided sticking your noses out in the open too much.

You’re all very wanted criminals right now.

Still, a guy’s got to eat.  And pay for ship repairs.

The freighters are being kept on the lot of the man who’s been repairing them, an older human who goes by “Doc”.  While he’s been fairly understanding about your lack of funds—running a tab and even repairing the Gamma so you have a useable ship—he’s reached the point where he can’t do any more work on any of the ships without some funds to order parts.

So, you’ve run a few low-paying cargo jobs, ferrying freight for local businesses.  Anything any of you can do to make a few credits has pretty much been your primary focus for the last few weeks.

You’ve taken to hanging out in a local cantina near Doc’s repair yard.  It serves decent (and cheap) drinks and has been a good place to pick up odd jobs.  That’s where you are now, all seated at a table in the noisy bar, listening to the jizz-wailer band and pondering what you’re going to do next…
Roice Delfinn
 player, 533 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 04:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice leans conspiratorially over the table and scans the bar for the dozenth time, then quietly continues his suggestion.

"So let's finish the inventory of the carbines and pistols* from the Gamma, and fill the lockers on the 720 and the Tracker.  The rest, this guy says he'll buy, without any fuss.  It's cut-rate, and he knows he's ripping us off, but it's a quick fix, and it'll even up Doc's tab for the work so far."


*Or whatever it is that was on the Gamma Class.
Bulyip
 player, 99 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 04:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Eating again, the small Aleena is starting to get a little pot belly from the amount of offerings of morsels of food he's purchased, begged, or scavenged over the last month. The entertainment is appreciated, and Bulyip even attempts to sing along when the catchy tune starts to have a chorus he picks up on.

Tapping his left fingers on the table to the beat, he tries to yell out to his companions so they can hear him over the music, "When are we going to get me a ship again?" The Aleena has seemingly forgotten the answer given previously, along with the fact his made claims of being unable to fly a ship on his own anyway.
Harry Selous
 player, 492 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 04:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"So long as I don't have give up this little baby, I'm fine." Harry says, patting the blaster pistol he lifted off Bola, then sucking down a shot of the cheapest booze they had in this cantina.

"Also, I'd like to check over the gamma once more, make sure there isn't anything we can use on it before we start selling stuff off. Wouldn't want to pass up a set of trooper armor or maybe some grenades."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 535 posts
Sat 3 Mar 2012
at 17:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Good, let's make it happen."  He puts a handful of credits from his pocket on the table and starts to sort them.  "I think we've still got enough leftover to buy some cheap chests with security locks for this delivery."

He pushes out a short stack.  "I think this is a pretty safe deal, but just the same, I'd rather not meet at the hangar.  Let's rent a cargo skiff for the afternoon and plan on meeting them out in the industrial park."  He pushes out another short stack, then starts dividing up the rest.

"That leaves just enough to make sure everybody's clips are full, and a few creds left over for each of us for emergencies.  Spend 'em wisely, boys, that's officially the last of what there is until Doc is paid."
Bulyip
 player, 101 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 4 Mar 2012
at 22:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With his eyes going wide at seeing all the credit chips, his little fingers start to flex in anticipation. Once Roice gives the go ahead, Bulyip tries to help pass out the credit chips to everyone as he can.

Then he lets Roice know, "Me like working for you. Way more fun than mining. More food too."
Garret Haskel
 player, 660 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 00:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret was eating a simple meal while studying some notes he had taken from the medicine course he had been teaching himself through a holo he had downloaded off the net.

He was so focused on his studies that he wasn't following the conversation, and failed to notice his share of the credits on the table.

OOC:
Call me Doctor Haskel

Bulyip
 player, 102 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 01:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Climbing onto the table, Bulyip reaches out and taps Garret's hand, saying, "You been reading and watching lots. You need pay attention when the credits are being given out." Letting the chips fall into Garrett's hand, or on top of the notes if he isn't quick enough, he turn around and jump back into his seat.

Before coming to a seated position though, Bulyip is standing on his seat and stops to listen. After a moment, he asks, "Do you hear that?" Looking side to side, he seems to be trying figure out what that sound is and where it's coming from.
Arbiter
 GM, 1268 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 21:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I said 'Here's your order,'!" the surly waitress barks a little louder, plunking down the plate of food in front of Bulyip.  "You need anything else?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 661 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 23:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret looked up when Bulyip tapped his hand. He caught the credits before they fell onto the datapad and quietly pocketed them.

"Thanks Bulyip. What are we currently discussing right now?"

Garret shut down the datapad as he spoke; not looking nor sounding apologetic. His studies on medicine were important. In addition to the medical pack and knife he always carried, he now kept a heavy blaster pistol and a portable clip recharger with him; both were stored on the utility belt he wore.

The medical backpack was at his feet under the table with one of his legs hooked through the straps.
Bulyip
 player, 104 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 6 Mar 2012
at 02:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Seeing the food, Bulyip promptly sits down with a smile. Looking to the waitress, he answers, "All good now."

The Aleena is quick to start eating up the food. When no one immediately answers Garret, he starts to answer, "Me think we were talking about making me Captain of my own ship. My own ship, make me Captain Bulyip."
Arbiter
 GM, 1276 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 20:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The cantina is busy today, but it's not the usual, boisterous place you've come to expect.  Sure, there's the usual bunch of drunken carousers, but there's tension in the air.  People are clumped in groups, muttering to each other in private conversations.

OOC: Everyone roll Perception

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:04, Wed 07 Mar 2012.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 541 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 17:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar

11:23, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,1,6,4. Perception check.

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 101 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 17:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den keeps a roving eye on the crowds.

A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,4,5. Perception
Harry Selous
 player, 496 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 19:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry spared one quick look around the room, then turned his eyes back to his drink.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,1,1. perception.
Garret Haskel
 player, 663 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 19:53
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret took a fairly quick but thorough scan of the crowd.

OOC: total: 26
14:51, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. perception wild die 2.
14:51, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. perception wild die.
14:50, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,2,5. perception.

Bulyip
 player, 105 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 01:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Enjoying his food, Bulyip does seem to pause and stop to listen for something a couple times. He doesn't quite seem to recognize something that he's hearing.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 542 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 01:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice looks around the interior.  "I wonder what's with people today."
Arbiter
 GM, 1277 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 15:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
You all pick up snippets of conversation, things like "Rebels really stickin' it to the Imps..." "They say the Alliance is gonna liberate the Corporate Sector..." "That damned Hutt totally screwed me out of my profit margin on that last run!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 543 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 17:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice throws a glance at A'den.

"Got him?"

He stands.  "Cover me.  Everyone, act normal.  That is to say, carry on being suspicious and brooding."

He fits his earpiece and walks into the crowd.
Arbiter
 GM, 1278 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice gets up from the table and nonchalantly weaves amongst the cantina's patrons.  He's quickly lost amidst the crowd.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 544 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 1279 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 545 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 04:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"He went out the door," Roice mutters to the group.

"I'm stepping out.  A'den, stay close.  Everyone else, be ready for a quick exit and action outside."

He goes through the door, hand resting on his blaster.
Garret Haskel
 player, 664 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 09:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret goes back to his food, and generally looks relaxed while waiting for whatever "action" to begin.
Arbiter
 GM, 1281 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice: You hurry out the door in pursuit, but are distracted by a tone from your earpiece.  You have a call.

OOC: Roll Perception/Search to stay on target and not lose sight of him.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 546 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
09:46, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 9 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,3,1,3. Perception check

Roice mutters a curse in Hapani and toggles the receiver.  "Go."
Arbiter
 GM, 1282 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 16:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"This is Doc," replies the gravely voice of your ship mechanic.  "That shipment of parts from the distributor just came in and I need one of you to come down here and sign for it."

Distracted by the call, you lose sight of the man you were trying to follow.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 547 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 19:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Thanks Doc, I'm on my way."

He hangs up and switches back to the group.

"Alright guys, I'm going to saunter lazily toward the hangar in an unconcerned and nonchalant manner.  Break up and tail me, in case our mystery guy is trying to lure us."

He stuffs his hands in his jacket pocket, waits a few moments, then begins to stroll back toward the spaceport.

OOC: Paranoid?  Maybe.  Understandably?  Hell yeah.
Arbiter
 GM, 1288 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 22:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice heads for Doc's shipyard while the rest of you remain in the cantina.

(dot dot dot)

Despite his concerns, Roice's trip to Doc's is short and uneventful.

The shipyard sits on the outskirts of town, situated next to a large starship graveyard.  The Ocsinnin are an adventurous species and tend to be hard on ships, so starports on Farana collect large piles of derelict craft that aren't fit to fly anymore.

Which means good salvage material for enterprising scraphounds like Doc.

However, there are simply some things that have to be ordered and now it seems that one of the shipments he requested for finishing the work on the Tracker and the 720 has arrived.

Roice meanders through the yard, looking at all the half-finished and/or partially disassembled craft around the lot.  Doc was a popular guy with Spacers and got a lot of work.  Fortunately, he'd been able to fit the freighters in.

The Tracker and 720 are being kept in a hangar at the back of the lot, their home for the last month as the mechanic and his assistants have been repairing and refitting the two vessels to the group's standards.  Roice can see the grizzled older man, dressed in his norm--a grease-stained coverall--talking to a second man, a human, with a blonde buzzcut and a 5 o'clock shadow (even though it isn't even noon yet).

The two men appear to be discussing something (probably terms of delivery).  The blonde guy pauses to spit a stream of brown liquid on the dusty ground before resuming his side of the conversation.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 550 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 00:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I think we're clear," he says quietly to the group through the comm.  "Whoever that was is either very quietly tailing me, or gone.  Reconvene at the hangar, at your leisure."

Roice walks up to the two and nods.  "Doc."  He looks at the newcomer.
Arbiter
 GM, 1295 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 00:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Roice," Doc nods back.  The man doesn't stand much on ceremony and doesn't bother with many honorifics.  "Glad you could get here so quickly.  I think our friend here is eager to get back to his cushy office back at KDY," he chuckles.

"Looks like we're still waiting on a few more components for both ships; bits for that medbay you wanted on the YV-100, and additional maneuvering systems for the 720.  But this delivery should put us in good standing to have the ships ready in another couple of weeks."

Doc looks almost uncomfortable as he says, "Which brings us to the matter of the bill, son..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 669 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 00:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'm going to return to the shipyard. Anyone else ready?"
Metzz
 player, 17 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 00:37
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz had been working with Doc the whole time.  He was not one for socialising anyhow and was here to get the Tracker operational.

At the sound of money, Metzz throws a glance at Roice.  "Perhaps the Vice Prex can deal with this?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 551 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 00:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
After hesitating for just a moment, Roice says, "Just sealed a deal that should get us enough to settle the month, I'd be glad to discuss it with you in private."  He glances at the KDY rep.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 2 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 10:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg grimaced before spitting another stream of hands juice to the deck with an almost shocking accuracy. "I take it to mean you can't pay yet?" The Big human pulled his datapad from his belt, rapidly entering a series of characters. He gave a level look at Doc,"The man in the big chair don't take promissory notes, Doc." He held out the datapad with the delivery bill displayed.
"I happen to find myself without a slicer to help you out this time. The Human's gravelly voice had a distinct note of disgust when it came to his employer, and he took no joy in the near extortion the economics of the Corporate Sector engendered.




sorry for the delay, but my schedule was a bit off
Roice Delfinn
 player, 552 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 16:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Splynn still isn't in shape to be signing checks," Roice murmurs to Metzz.

"So it's 'pay on delivery...?'"  He tries not to roll his eyes.  "No offense Doc, but the economy of this planet is either ridiculously old-fashioned and in desperate need of modernization, or paranoid to the point of cutting-edge fiscal practices.  It's a wonder the CSA hasn't swept in here and established an office."

He re-toggles the comm and turns away.  "Change of plans, boys.  That exchange needs to happen ASAP.  Someone go pick up a skiff and the chests, I'll set up the meeting.  Convene at the Gamma for load-out.  And just so we look like we mean business, plan on dressing in full regalia.  Might as well start making an impression here."

He looks to Daeg.  "How long can you hold it here?"
Metzz
 player, 19 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 18:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Roger that Captain!" Metzz heads off to get his Shatter Gun, which he keeps safe in his Spacer's Chest when not in use.

Then thinking, "Did you want me to slice something for you Daeg?  It would be an absolute pleasure to try.
Just point me to an access terminal."

Arbiter
 GM, 1300 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 18:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Doc looks from Roice to Daeg and shrugs, "I don't have the credits on hand to pay for the delivery," he says.  "I'm runnin' a tab for this boy and his friends and I'd be happy to add the cost of these parts to it.  But I understand.  Those credit-grubbers back in the Sector are half the reason I moved to Farana."

He looks to the Verpine, "Won't help, Metzz.  The slicing's got to be done back at the office, not from here.  They keep their accounts on an offline network.  And from the sounds of it, Roice's got a line on the cash, he just needs the time."

"What do you say, Daeg?" he says to the Corellian, "Willing to wait a while, take a couple days off on the company's demicred, and wait for Roice here to make his deal?  Better yet," he grins, "Why not go with him?  You can get your money up front, make the boss happy, and get some time away from the grind.  Don't worry, I'll cover for you when the office calls looking for you."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 553 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 23:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice looks dubious for a moment at Doc's suggestion, but then shrugs.  "If Doc's good with you, then so am I.  Wouldn't hurt to have the extra show of muscle along."

He quickly adds, "On our perfectly legal delivery of most assuredly unrestricted camping goods, is what I mean..."
Arbiter
 GM, 1302 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 11 Mar 2012
at 00:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Doc snorts and makes no attempt to cover his smirk.
Bulyip
 player, 106 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 11 Mar 2012
at 05:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
     Still at the table eating, Bulyip thinks there might be something up, but he's clueless about what that might be. Not surprised to be missing something that someone picked up on, he shrugs his shoulders, eats some more and then grabs a big gulp of his drink.
     "What do you think that was about? Anybody think we should head back to the ship, or was that just a distraction?"
Daeg Koeran
 player, 4 posts
Sun 11 Mar 2012
at 14:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Koeran gazed at Roice for a moment, contemplatingly,  with a curt nod of his head he replied, "Sithspit, they can fire me if they don't like it, either way, it'll take me back to the good old days." He spat his pinch of tobacco into the nearest trash receptacle before pulling a packet and replacing it with a fresh pinch.
"Daeg Koeren, vagrant ne'erdowell, at yer service,"  he added, offering a beefy hand to Roice.
Garret Haskel
 player, 672 posts
Sun 11 Mar 2012
at 14:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I think we all had better hurry. Who's going to collect the delivery?"
Metzz
 player, 22 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sun 11 Mar 2012
at 17:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz pulls up in the speeder (appropriated when the group took ownership of the 720), engine running.  "Ready when you are Captain..."

GM Edit: As a reminder, it's this speeder: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/V-35_Courier

Enough room for the three of you.


Craft: SoroSuub V-35 Courier
Type: Landspeeder
Scale: Speeder
Length: 3.8 meters
Skill: Repulsorlift operation: landspeeder
Crew: 1
Passengers: 2

Cargo Capacity: 120 kilograms
Cover: 1/4 (top pilot), 3/4 (passengers)
Altitude Range: Ground level-1.5 meters
Cost: 6,500 (new), 1,500 (used)
Maneuverability: 1D+2
Move: 40; 120 kmh
Body Strength: 2D

This message was last edited by the player at 21:07, Mon 12 Mar 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1308 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 Mar 2012
at 19:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With the Verpine driving, Roice and Daeg pile into the rear seats of the speeder.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group (Haskel, Selous, Bulyip, and A'den) arrive at Doc's to begin prepping the cargo for transfer.

Naturally, Roice's contact wants to meet in an "out of the way" place.  Metzz, following Roice's directions, drives the speeder into the warehouse district of the city.  It's seedy, run down, and perfect for clandestine meetings to exchange illicit goods.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 6 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 01:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg took in the poorly lit area from his seat in the speeder, his mouth worked slightly as he moved his pinch of yanda snuff around his lip, before swallowing with a grimace, he checked the blaster carbine in his lap over, all the while keeping a wary eye on their surroundings.
"You folks take me to the most splendid places." He declared acerbically, slamming home the carbine's power pack.  He gave a satisfied nod as it made the high pitched whine of a full load.  "Who're we meeting with, now?" He asked, almost as an afterthought.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 556 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 01:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Nobody important," remarks Roice.

"Here Metzz."  He motions toward a malfunctioning neon billboard over the streetside.  "Park there."
Metzz
 player, 24 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 09:32
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz drives carefully, not too fast and not too slow, aware of the traffic around him.

09:28, Today: Metzz rolled 15 using 4d6+2 with rolls of 1,5,3,4. Mech + Man Bonus. Ooops!

Metzz pulls up where Roice indicates.  "You want I stay in the speeder, engine running?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 557 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 18:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"That's fine."  Roice hops out and leans back against the side of the speeder.  "This shouldn't take long."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 8 posts
Wed 14 Mar 2012
at 10:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg climbed out behind Roice, giving his carbine one last go-over before stowing it in it's holster at the small of his back.  Resting his forearmson the roof and leaning into the vehicle, he scowled in thought as they waited, the silence broken only by an infrequent wet splash as he spat tobacco juice to the ground.
The sheer irony of the galaxy never failed to surprise the former shipjack, as his flight from Imperial space to avoid law enforcement and his relatively benign, if unsatisfying current profession, has brought him into another legally questionable endeavor.  He smiled mentally, another adventure awaited, he just hoped it wouldnt get him killed.
Harry Selous
 player, 499 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 14 Mar 2012
at 16:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry trundled about as the group prepped the cargo for delivery. He was glad for all the new weapons they'd gotten from the gamma, but if he were being completely honest with himself, he was getting bored on this planet while they waited for the repairs to finish.
Arbiter
 GM, 1319 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 14 Mar 2012
at 19:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
You don't have to wait long before a long, black speeder arrives, parking at the end of the street.

A Duros in a flashy suit steps out of the vehicle and is immediately flanked by two large (like, Wookiee big) humans whose equally flashy suits fit them like they shrunk in the wash.  Seeing Daeg standing with his blaster out in the open, the two toughs glance uncertainly at the Duros and start to reach into their ill-fitting jackets, but he waves a hand at them and they desist.

The Duros approaches with a confident swagger.  He obviously feels no personal danger in this situation.  "Hello, my friend," he says to Roice, grinning an oily grin.  "So, you bring the merchandise?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 674 posts
Wed 14 Mar 2012
at 22:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret assisted Harry in preparing the items they were going to be selling.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 558 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 01:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice stands as the speeder arrives, and tries to look non-threatening as the Duros and his bodyguards approach.

He nods.  "A sampling, as discussed.  The remainder is being loaded as we speak, if you like what you see."

He turns and thumbs the lock on the chest.  "I appreciate you seeing us at such short notice, Stoo.  I'm afraid we didn't have time to lase off the serial numbers for you, but it's not like it would matter much."

He opens the lid and steps aside, revealing the ST1s inside.
Arbiter
 GM, 1322 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 01:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
The Duros leans over to inspect the contents of the crate, his red eyes widening in appreciation.  "Hey, good stuff," he says.  Stoo reaches for one of the guns, pausing and looking significantly at Daeg's blaster before glancing back at Roice, "You mind if I take a look?"


A'den, Haskel, Bulyip, Selous
Lugging crates from the Gamma to the loading skiff is backbreaking work.  It's also mind-numbingly dull.  There's a reason they make droids for this stuff.

OOC: Each of you roll Perception, please.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 559 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 02:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"In fact, I insist," he says to Stoo.  "There's 90 more, just like these."

He watches the Duros closely.

OOC: To see if he actually knows how to properly inspect a rifle.
Garret Haskel
 player, 675 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 08:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret looks around after loading a crate onto the skiff.

OOC: 04:12, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,4,2. perception.
Metzz
 player, 28 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 12:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz surveys the scene, determining who he would have to mow down/avoid if he had to open the throttle right now.

12:51, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,1,2. Perception.
12:52, Today: Metzz rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. wild die.  Total 14.

Harry Selous
 player, 501 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 15:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry kept an eye out for any trouble. He knew that whenever he thought he was bored, things always heated up fast.

Harry rolled a 16 with a 5, a 5, and a 6.
Im using the iphone again, so you know, copying and pasting is absurd

Daeg Koeran
 player, 9 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 23:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg gave a wolfish grin at the Duros' glance at him, with a laconic shrug he holstered his carbine at the small of his back, keeping his had firmly on it's grip and spat a stream of tobacco juice.  With a critical eye he sized up the broker's bodyguards, then returned his attention to the deal.

You rolled 6 using 2d6 ((2,4)).
Bulyip
 player, 108 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 03:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Tired of the all the lifting, and pushing, Bulyip does whine a little about it. "We take break soon?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1327 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 23:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
The Duros, Stoo, pulls the blaster's power pack, then proceeds to examine it carefully, even giving a skeptical look down the barrel.  After he's done, he slaps back in the pack and sets the rifle back in the box.

"That's some prime equipment, Delroi," he says, but his expression is thoughtful, a frown in his face.  "Too prime, if you catch my drift.  There's no way I could move these blasters in this condition, they're practically straight off the factory floor.  I mean, I got a guy, y'know?  Does his thing, adds the right patina of age and use and what-not.  He could make 'em look like surplus goods.  But, he don't comes cheap, y'know?  Something like that, a hundred units..." he pauses, apparently engaging in mental calculation.  "That's gonna cut into the profit margin something fierce, my friend.  But," he says a bit more brightly, that oily grin in place again, "These Rebels are hard up for some serious materiel.  Blasters like these, run through the right channels, could fetch a pretty credit."

The Duros shakes his head, "Eh, but gettin' to the Alliance, that's tough.  They're on the run, moving fast, doin' hit and fade missions.  Hear about 'em all the time on the HoloNet.  Time is money, right?  The longer it takes to find a contact, the more feelers I gotta send out to track someone down, the more credits slip right through my fingers.  And if the Imps find out about it?  Forget about it..."

OOC: Metzz, Daeg, things seem secure for now.


Everyone else
Finally, after over an hour of back-breaking work, you get the crates transferred.  Now you just need to wait for the signal to make the delivery.
Harry Selous
 player, 502 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 23:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry set down the last crate and glanced up at the sign of life at the edge of the shipyard.

"Haskel," He said, just loud enough for the man from Naboo to hear him, "Movement over there at (whatever o'clock it is), circle around to the right. Let's check it out. Bulyip, stay here and give a shout if anything happens."

He began to walk at an angle that would take him passed the movement without going directly toward it. This was some highly illegal cargo they were preparing to transport, and there was no point in not being careful.
Metzz
 player, 29 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 00:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz considers what is being said.

"Me can make guns look old and dirty.  How much time do I have to do it?
I good at mending things, breaking them, and mending them again"


[META: I got effectively 5D+1 Weapons Repair]
Arbiter
 GM, 1329 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 00:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: This requires a pretty high level of Forgery in addition to technical skill.  Just FYI...
Bulyip
 player, 109 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 01:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Catching sight of something, the small Aleena is glad to have a band of companions with him again. It sure makes the unknown a little less frightening.

Looking around, Bulyip looks to double check that what he saw wasn't a distraction for something else.
Garret Haskel
 player, 677 posts
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 01:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret would mirror Harry's movement, but going to the right; alert for whatever Harry had spotted.

OOC:
21:41, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 5,5,4. perception.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 560 posts
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 16:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Stoo, the Imps already know about it, I mean, where do you think these came from?"

He holds out his hands in a helpless gesture.  "And you are the right channel, that's why I'm talking to you.  This sale will get us back up to speed, Stoo.  I know you can't have much of a selection of quality runners in this sector, especially ones that have experience with high-traffic lanes and Imperials.  We have that, muscle, and multiple ships.  I've just got to get one payoff to settle up our tech."

He points to the chest, feigning defeat.  "And our asking price is already a huge deal on these, you know it."
Arbiter
 GM, 1333 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 18:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
The Duros spares Metzz a glance, "No offense, my friend, but aging a blaster ain't a science, it's an art..."

He returns to talking to Roice.  "I used to have a guy...  Wroonian, one hell of a gun runner, even if he was certifiable.  Imps shut him down and I haven't heard from him for a while." Stoo sighs, "It's getting so's an honest businessman like myself can't earn a day's pay, y'know?"

He seems to be on the edge.  A good nudge in the form of a Persuasion roll would go a long way towards helping him make up his mind.


Everyone else
Haskel and Selous split up to flank the source of the movement while Bulyip stays behind as lookout.  Whoever it is, they realize they've been spotted and take off.  Since they're on the outside of the fence, they have an excellent head start getting away.

All three of you are able to see that it's a male Twi'lek that's fleeing the scene.
Harry Selous
 player, 503 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 21:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry took off running after the twilek as the being made a break for it. If he'd had his sniper rifle set up he would have just shot him, but since he still needed to hook the binoculars up to a rifle, he was forced instead to try and catch him.

Harry selous rolled a 22 for running with a 6, 6, 6, 4
Harry rolled a 6 for wild die with a 6
Harry rolled a 3 for wild die with a 3
Total = 31

Garret Haskel
 player, 678 posts
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 22:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret recognized the twi'lek from earlier back at the cantina, and that he had a companion. Instead of joining Harry in his breakneck chase, Garret followed more slowly, scanning the area for anyone else.

"Bulyip, keep watch for a rough looking human male. That twi'lek wasn't alone last time I saw him."

While moving he drew his heavy pistol while loosening the knife in its sheath.

OOC:18:32, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. perception CP (ignore previous roll).
18:31, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,1,5. perception.
total: 11

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 103 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 01:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den readies his gun and starts to follow  Haskel.
Bulyip
 player, 110 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 01:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Oh bantha dung." comments Bulyip at the thought of being left alone to guard and watch the area. He puts his hand on the grip of his blaster, pulling it out just in case. He's not the most likely a one to leap into the fray if blaster shots are flying, but he's hoping that having it in hand will make someone have second thoughts about approaching him.

As he continues to look around, he realizes that having the blaster makes him a target to be taken out if the goal is to take the supplies regardless. Deciding stealth is better than intimidation, the future Captain Bulyip looks for a place to hide while keeping an eye out on the area.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 561 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 02:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then let's do some honest work," says Roice.  "Easy work.  Your Alliance contact, would he buy these?"

He doesn't give him time to answer.  "Front us the money to pay off our mechanic--call it an 'investment.'  Then call your guy, set us up a meeting, and we'll take the guns ourselves.  I have it on good authority that Imperial requisitions admin pays 1000 credits even to SoroSuub for these...  Needy folks like Rebels might go so far as to pay half that for brand new stock with charged clips, wouldn't you say?  When we get back with the paycheck, we'll pay you back what we borrowed, plus interest, and a hefty finder's fee.  Say, I don't know, 5000 credits?"

He shrugs.  "All for setting up one easy meeting.  Hell, if you're worried about the loan, I'll even put up some of the other stock we have as collateral."

He closes the chest and locks it.  "It's win-win, Stoo.  We're hurting.  We need this action.  And I'm guessing you want it as much as we do."  He shakes his head.  "This planet is boring."

He puts out his hand.  "What do you say?"


21:55, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 18 using 4d6+1 with rolls of 1,6,6,4. Persuasion roll / Wa Stoo.

RAAAAAAAAGE   >.<
Arbiter
 GM, 1336 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 03:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
Stoo mulls over the pitch, then nods, "You make that 'finders fee' 10k and you got yourself a deal, Delroi."

Everyone else
Bulyip remains on guard.  Haskel and A'den set off cautiously in pursuit while Selous takes off with an almost super-human burst of speed, jinking quickly around the gate and off after the Twi'lek.

Those of you watching for others don't see anything.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 10 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 06:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg frowned, scratching the stubble on his chin in thought.  He was certain this 'Rebellion' would have paid more for the bulk of the weaponry, however, the various integers required to make an informed speculation failed to come to him at the moment, with a mental shrug, he disregarded what he had been about to say.
"I hate to seem pushy, folks, but I gotta deadline here." He said quietly, taking a quick look at his wrist chrono.  The last thing he needed was a visit with the local Espo office tonight, the paperwork would bury him for the next six standard months.
Harry Selous
 player, 504 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 06:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry tried to keep up the pace, but no man could run at that speed forever. He slowed down, but he could see the gap between himself and the twilek closing. His years of tracking, chasing, and hunting were finally coming in handy.

Harry Selous rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,2,4,5. Running again.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. cp for running.
Total = 18

Roice Delfinn
 player, 562 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 15:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods at Daeg and after only a short moment's hesitation shakes Stoo's hand.  "Ten thousand it is."

He toggles his comm to the others.  "Everybody, hold position.  There's been a minor change of plans."

He turns back to Stoo and nods toward Daeg.  "If we get that loan today, we can shore it up and hit the lanes tomorrow with the delivery."
Arbiter
 GM, 1337 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 16:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
"I'll give you a call when I have the details," Stoo says.  "Pleasure doing business, Mr. Delroi." He heads back to his speeder, his huge goons moving to flank him.  In short order, they're gone.

Everyone else
Selous is still doggedly pursuing the Twi'lek.  Since they're taking their own sweet time to follow, Haskel and A'den are fairly far behind.

The Twi'lek realizes he's being chased.  You know he realizes this, because a blaster bolt lances back towards Selous.

OOC: Roll Dodge to avoid getting hit.  If you want to stay in motion while Dodging, make a Running (Dex) roll as well (that'll be -1D to both actions for multiple acts in a round)
Harry Selous
 player, 507 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 18:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry had to slow to a near stop as he attempted to dodge the incoming blaster fire.

OOC- Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,5,4. Dodge
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. cp for dodge.
total = 13

Harry Selous rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,1,2. running.

Arbiter
 GM, 1340 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 20:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous
The Twi'lek's shot misses you by a mile, fortunately.  And you manage to keep on your feet despite the distraction.  The Twi'lek isn't so lucky.  There a loud crashing sound as he stumbles through a pile of garbage.

His fumble gives you enough time to catch up before he's up and running again.  The Twi'lek is now just out of reach.  He looks back, eyes wide in panic and starts to bring his blaster around again.

At this range the chances of him missing are significantly less.

A'den, Haskel
You're both too far back now to be considered part of the chase.

Everyone else
Just keep doing what you're doing.
Harry Selous
 player, 508 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 21:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry stopped running at the sight of the blaster, now that he was near his target, he could make an accurate shot. He pulled up short, drew his heavy blaster pistol, and fired, sending his own blaster shot toward the hostile target.


OOC- since drawing a blaster is one action, that puts my blaster die at 5D
Not sure if something extra is required to purposeful wound rather then kill.
Harry Selous rolled 23 using 5d6 with rolls of 1,5,5,6,6. shoot the twilek.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 565 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 23:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice watches Stoo and his henchmen leave, then makes the head-waggling Hapani gesture that indicates begrudged acceptance.

"Well, it could have been worse."

He looks to Daeg.  "How long can you stall for us, and what's it worth to you to do so?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1345 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 23:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous
Both you and the Twi'lek fire simultaneously.  And both blaster bolts strike true.

However, your blaster packs a much meaner punch than his.

You're knocked sideways by the impact and feel a burning pain your shoulder.  But the Twi'lek is blasted clean off his feet, landing a meter away on the ground, moaning.

OOC: You're stunned (-1D for the next round).  He's... significantly more than stunned.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 11 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 23:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg spit, mulling over the question, "Not too long, that invoice goes for too long without being transmitted, the Kuati's will have an absolute fit."  He shrugged, "I'd up and hand them over to you, if it wouldn't mean them cracking down on the 'Doc'. But I'll do what I can, wouldn't expect much though." He gave a helpless shrug, climbing into the speeder, "I don't own the Sector, it owns me for the time being."
Harry Selous
 player, 509 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 00:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry fell sideways and gripped his shoulder as the pain from the blaster shot through him. He grunted and forced himself to get back up and walk over to the stunned twilek.

"lucky I want to know what you're watching us for." Harry said, giving the twilek a swift kick to the gut before picking up the being's pistol and tucking it in to his belt, "Now we'll take you back to the garage and see what this is all about."

Harry grabbed one of the twilek's feet and started dragging, pulling the being back to the garage, keeping an eye out for any possible hostiles, as well as for any sign that the twilek was waking up.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 6,2. perception.
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. wild die for perception.
total = 11

Arbiter
 GM, 1346 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 00:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Twi'lek is still conscious, but isn't putting up a fight.  Shortly, A'den and Haskel arrive on the scene to help drag his dead (figuratively speaking) weight.

(dot dot dot)

Back at the hangar, you have the Twi'lek tied in a chair.  He's slumped over, groaning in pain.  Doc looks on, obviously concerned.  "You've got five minutes before I call the paramedics," he says.  "Six before I call the police.  I try to stay out of my customers' business, but you boys are pushing the limits of my hospitality."
Harry Selous
 player, 510 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 02:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Doc, listen," Harry said, examining the twilek while he spoke to the mechanic, "This guy was watchin us. You want him to go to the cops and bring them here? We've been here for long enough for you to be an accomplice to anything the cops will look at us for. Just stay calm till we figure out what he's here for."

Harry gave a few pats to the twilek's face, "Hey, buddy, you shot me. I don't like getting shot, especially when you don't have the common courtesy to make it a clean kill."

Harry gently poked the wound he'd left on the twilek from his own blaster shot, "Now, why were you watchin us?"

OOC- Harry Selous rolled 6 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 1,4. intimidate (Interrogation) -1D for stun.
Garret Haskel
 player, 680 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 03:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret came back from the shuttle with two medpacks; one each for the wounded twi'lek and Harry.

"There is no need to call the medics Doc. I am a fully trained medic."

Garret placed the medpacks down on the nearest work surface and then dragged another chair over to the spot.

"Harry, get over here and sit down so I can treat your injury."

While waiting for Harry; Garret would address the wounded twi'lek. "I can treat your wound as well, my price is you answer all of our questions truthfully, and quickly; without leaving out any details."

OOC:
If I can't use bargain this way, let me know.
22:57, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. bargain wild die.
22:57, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 16 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,4,3,3. bargain-deal making with the twi'lek.
total: 18

Arbiter
 GM, 1347 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 17:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Harry's fine, he just got winged.  The Stunned status has long since worn off.  The Twi'lek on the other hand...

The prisoner groans and glares up at Selous and Haskel, "F-fine," he spits, blood flecking his lips.  "Patch me up and I'll tell you whatever you want."

As Haskel deals with the Twi'lek, Doc pulls Selous gently but firmly aside and says quietly enough that the conversation can't be overheard by your guest, "Listen, son, I don't know who you think I am or who you think you are, but there's something you need to understand.  The locals know exactly what sort of place I run here, and before you jump to any conclusions, I run a clean shop.  I may turn a blind eye to what my clients have been up to--the Ocsinnin do the same, else you boys'd never have been allowed to land--but I don't break Farana's laws and the authorities don't hassle me.  Whatever you're in trouble for happened offworld, so doesn't concern me or the police."

"Now I could care less if that 'Lek was poking his nose around here.  If he gave me any trouble, I could have the cops haul him away for trespassing.  Seems clear to me he's spying on you and your crew, not an old wrench monkey like me.  So, like I said, I'm gonna give you," he looks at his chronometer, "4 minutes before I call the paramedics and 5 before I call the police."
Harry Selous
 player, 511 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 19:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Fine, what if we take him out of here? An abandoned shack off your land, or an apartment complex somewhere. You think of anywhere we can take him that won't bother you, you let me know. Otherwise I've got to get to work under your time table." Harry muttered, turning away from Doc and heading back to the twilek.

"You answer the questions and then you get patched up." He growled, "Who are you, why were you watching us, where's your partner, and who do you work for?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1349 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 20:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Sport, what you get up to outside that fence is your own business," Doc shrugs, "Now get on with what you're doing," he taps his chronometer, "Time's a-tickin'..."  The old mechanic leaves the hangar.

The Twi'lek groans and coughs again, more blood staining his lips, "You really wanna do this?" he gasps.  "At least get me a bandage or something, sleemo, or I'm gonna bleed out and you won't get your answers..."

It's true, his lap is a mess of blood.  The pressure of the ropes binding him to the chair probably isn't helping his injury.
Garret Haskel
 player, 681 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 21:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret shot Harry a "your not in charge" look when he returned.

"I'm the only certified medic here, not you. I will say when he gets patched up and when he talks. Next time use the stun setting on your weapon; the designers put them there precisely to avoid this situation."

Garret picked up one of the medpacks and immediately started tending to the twi'lek's wounds.

"I'm only going to treat your wound enough to dull the pain and stop the bleeding so we can move you without having to worry about you dying. Once we are done chatting, I will do a more complete treatment on your injury; as long as you entirely honest with us; after we finish our chat".

OOC: I am assuming the twi'lek is at wounded status. I am treating him only well enough to bring down to stunned (or permanent -1D to all skills).

17:04, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 16 using 6d6 with rolls of 2,1,1,4,4,4. first aid.

Arbiter
 GM, 1351 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 21:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Haskel works quickly to stop the Twi'lek's bleeding.  He's stabilized, but is in no condition to fight--or walk under his own power, for that matter.

OOC: He was Wounded Twice progressing rapidly towards Mortally Wounded (to be followed shortly by Death).  He's now stabilized at Wounded Twice and will stay there until he gets medical intervention beyond First Aid.

As Haskel is working, the others return in the speeder.  Doc is there to greet Roice as he gets out of the vehicle.  "You got a situation, son," he says, nodding towards the hangar.  "Get it handled quick and there's no hard feelings, all right?"  He pats the Hapani on the shoulder and walks away, muttering and shaking his head.
Harry Selous
 player, 512 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 22:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Well the wormhead here wasn't exactly taking precautions when he put rounds towards my face. He deserves another couple of blaster rounds to the chest if you ask me." Harry grunts, eyes still locked on the twilek, "Now that my bleeding heart partner just saved your life, how bout you answer those questions I asked earlier."


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 5,1,3. interrogate.

that shot made him wounded twice? Man, I like Bola's blaster.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:06, Tue 20 Mar 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 682 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 22:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"He is stable enough now to talk and be moved. More than that will require more than can be provided outside a medical facility."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 567 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 22:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice furrows his brow at Doc, but doesn't say anything.  He walks into the hangar.
Metzz
 player, 30 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 21 Mar 2012
at 10:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
[OOC - What happened?  Are we still at the meeting place, engine running, about to return?]

Metzz waits for the crate and passengers to load up, before returning to the hanger.
Arbiter
 GM, 1354 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 21 Mar 2012
at 14:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC:
Arbiter:
As Haskel is working, the others return in the speeder.

Garret Haskel
 player, 683 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2012
at 19:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Welcome back captain. Perhaps the three of us" (Garret indicated himself, and the twi'lek) <blue>"can all go for a drive."<blue>

Though Garret spoke in alight conversational tone, his gaze was unusually serious; even for him.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 568 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 00:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice looks at the Twi'lek and Harry, then grits his teeth and says, "I can't leave for a hour without someone getting shot!?"

He fumes.  "Harry, are you alright?"
Harry Selous
 player, 513 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 02:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'm fine boss." Harry said, waving off the concern, "It'll take more then a spy's blaster bolt to take me down. I've fought Rancor and Krayt Dragons you worthless piece,"

Harry didn't finish the sentence, instead accentuating the point with a punch to the Twi'lek's side.
Garret Haskel
 player, 684 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 08:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret moved quickly, getting between the prisoner and Harry; shoving him back hard in the process and unconsciously falling into the combat form he learned so long ago.

"Enough Selous! Stand down!"

Garret barked out as an order. His temper seemed dangerously close to breaking.


04:19, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 15 using 5d6 with rolls of 4,1,5,3,2. martial arts (shove).

Arbiter
 GM, 1357 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 14:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Twi'lek grunts and crumples when Selous punches him.  He manages a weak, defiant glare, but doesn't speak.

"Two minutes!" Doc shouts from outside the hangar.

OOC: ZOMG!  TEH TENSHUNZ! O_O
Metzz
 player, 31 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 14:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar

"What is going on!
The Boss doesn't need ANOTHER bolt-hole ruined!  I'd get this place ship shape if I were you, and stop upsetting the natives."


Metzz speaks as a senior member of Splynn's organisation, and someone who has Splynn's ear.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 569 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 16:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice winces as Harry punches the captive, but nods at Metzz's assertion.

He looks at the Twi'lek.  "He stable?" he asks Haskel.
Harry Selous
 player, 514 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 16:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry let the man from naboo shove him, taking a few extra steps backward, using the momentum to make distance between himself and the close combat trained crew member. Then Harry drew his blaster pistol, aimed from the hip toward Garret's chest.

"you ever push me again naboo, and Bola's blaster will put a hole in you yet." He growled.

Why was Haskel defending the Twi'lek? Maybe he was working with the prisoner. It wouldn't surprise him, not after Spark's little switch.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:06, Thu 22 Mar 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 685 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 19:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"He is stable enough to be moved. He'll have to be carried though."

Garret turned to the captive.

"I'm going to carry you to the speeder."

Garret ignored Harry; even though the blaster was pointed at him; and untied the ropes binding the twi'lek to the chair. He would carefully pick him up and just as carefully walk outside to the speeder. He also grabs the second medpack he had brought earlier.

"I'm ready."

OOC: When Roice goes, Garret follows close behind. He's not wasting anymore time.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 12 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 20:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The burly shipjack sauntered into the workshop, he turned to say a few quick words to Doc but stopped when he spied the twi'lek. His jaw worked soundlessly as he took in the conversation, finally, he roared "Just what have you people got me into here!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1360 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 20:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Twi'lek's head snaps up at Daeg's roar and he peers blearily, but intently at the Corellian.

OOC: Everyone but Haskel make a Perception check.
Harry Selous
 player, 515 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 20:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry's eyes narrowed as Haskel turned his back on the barrel of a blaster. He almost pushed the confrontation, but stopped short of speaking as the newcomer roared. Harry's blaster turned to face the Corellian now, prepared to eliminate anyone that seemed to excited for their own good.

OOC- Harry rolled an 8 with a 2, 2, ad a 4

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Thu 22 Mar 2012.

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 104 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 21:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den walks over and puts a hand on Harry's shoulder, "Come on...we all need to settle down a bit."

A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,2,4. Perception check.
Metzz
 player, 32 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 09:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz backed away from the situation, while he fingered his Scatter Gun in its Holster...
09:15, Today: Metzz rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,2,4. Perception.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 570 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 17:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice puts his hand up pleadingly to Daeg, but addresses the others calmly.  "Guys, come on.  We're all on the same team here.  Save your aggression for Granger and Sparks.  We've got a job to do."  He looks to the Twi'lek being carried by Haskel.

"After we take care of this."

He turns to A'den and says quietly, "Prep the Gamma.  Wa Stoo has us a buyer."

He follows Haskel out of the hangar, but stops by Metzz.  "You alright?"
Metzz
 player, 33 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 18:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz kept his eyes on the action, speaking sideways at Roice.

"I knew you had a bad reputation, but I expected to get off the ground before being shot at!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1366 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 18:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
You all notice something odd about the Twi'lek.  What originally appeared to be his normal, organic left eye is revealed to be cybernetic.  Apparently he'd had a lens over the prosthetic to hide its nature and that lens has now come loose (probably finally done in by Selous' last punch).

OOC: No, Haskel can't see this directly, but meh...

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:23, Fri 23 Mar 2012.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 571 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 18:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice stops short when he sees it.

He grabs Metzz arm and points out the Twi'lek's eye.

"Is he broadcasting?"
Metzz
 player, 34 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 19:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Roger that Captain."
Metzz steps closer, examining the eye while tilting his head.  His antenae twitch as he listens intently.

19:19, Today: Metzz rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,1,6. Straight TECH.  If this is a Comm's device, I might be elidgable for a +3D bonus...
19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 11 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,6,1. Perception RF Signal.

Arbiter
 GM, 1368 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 20:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Metzz
 player, 35 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 21:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz grimly turns to Roice.

"Audio Visual recording and live streaming, probably a few kilometers range.
They'll be close, so we better leave.  I'll tell the Boss."

Arbiter
 GM, 1370 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 22:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Twi'lek starts to gasp and wheeze--it takes you a second to realize he's laughing.  "Still want those answers, hotshot?" he croaks at Selous.

Clearing his throat and trying to sound more authoritative (which is difficult as he's slung over Haskel's shoulder), the Twi'lek says, "Roice Delfinn, alias 'Finn Delroi', Garret Haskel, Harold Selous, A'den Nuhaatyc and accomplices, you are hereby ordered to stand down and prepare to be bound by law.  You are charged with destruction of Imperial and Corporate Sector property, assault, attempted murder, murder in the first and second degree, grand theft starship, sedition against the Empire, and the kidnapping of Assistant VicePrex Galor Splynn."

He wheezes and chokes out some more laughter, "And, on a personal note, I'd like to add assault with a deadly weapon on a registered bounty enforcement official of the Corporate Sector Authority..." He hacks out a wad of bloody spit that hits the ground at Haskel's feet.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 572 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 22:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice puts his thumb and forefinger against the bridge of his nose and sighs.  "Put him down."

He shakes his head slightly, then draws his blaster and puts the barrel firmly against the Twi'lek's forehead.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:29, Fri 23 Mar 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 688 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 22:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret lowers the twi'lek to the floor, then takes a few steps back.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Fri 23 Mar 2012.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 573 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 22:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Amateurs.  Your buddy got caught," he says with a sneer, peering into the cybereye.  "You boys going to come get him, or shall we just dump his body out in the mountains like the last jerks who tried to claim me?"

To the others, he says, "Suit up.  We're gonna have company."  He turns and looks at A'den.  "And we'll need air support."

He leans in close to the eye with a sardonic smile, then winks.

He moves a few steps away and flips the heavy blaster to stun.  "Metzz, jam any outgoing signals, in case that thing works while he's unconscious."

He fires.
Arbiter
 GM, 1374 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 22:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Twi'lek is now unconscious.
Bulyip
 player, 111 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 24 Mar 2012
at 02:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Do ya think Doc is still going to call the authorities?"

Wondering if the eye camera caught him within its sights, Bulyip is imagining that he is going to have to go on the run again. "Do we have to leave?"
Metzz
 player, 37 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 24 Mar 2012
at 18:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz goes to give Splynn the bad news, that they now all have IMPERIAL as well as CSA Bounties on their heads!

Then prep the ships for launch.  They would need to leave now!
Arbiter
 GM, 1377 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 24 Mar 2012
at 23:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Splynn is still in the hospital, at least 10 minutes by speeder.  The Sun Tracker and the 720 aren't flight-capable.  The Gamma, however, is in perfect working condition.
Harry Selous
 player, 517 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 00:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry grunted and holstered the pistol, turning to head off to grab his guns and grenades. If they were going to get attacked, he'd take out a shipload of hostiles at least. The Empire wouldn't get him without heavy casualties.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 575 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 02:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice holsters his gun.

"Not leaving.  Imperial bounty, CSA bounty, on Farana they're all the same: useless.  Here, sanctioned bounty hunters are only toughs with guns.  Just like we are."

He makes a bee-line to wherever it is that Doc is.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:06, Sun 25 Mar 2012.

Bulyip
 player, 113 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 03:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Pointing off to Roice as he makes a bee line to another location where he believes Doc is, Bulyip adds, "Best friend is leaving, we should go to. His ship and all."

Bulyip walks near the Twi'Lek and Garret, making sure both are ok.
Garret Haskel
 player, 693 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 03:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"A'den. What is your plan for providing air support?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1381 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 06:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice starts to head out of the hangar to go find Doc, but stops just short of the door.  Right outside he can hear Doc speaking to someone.  He doesn't sound upset or in distress, but he doesn't sound very happy, either.

OOC: Perception to eavesdrop
Roice Delfinn
 player, 576 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 17:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice stops and cranes his neck to listen.


You rolled 9 using 4d6 ((3,1,4,1)).

Arbiter
 GM, 1383 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 19:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 577 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 19:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice snaps his finger loudly a couple of times to get the others' attention, then draws his pistol and drops to a knee to peek around the hangar door, keeping in cover.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 13 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 20:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The big Correllian stopped short what he was about to say as Roice lifted his hand.  He was well and truly fragged, moreso after the Twi'lek's recent revelation.  "We are absolutely screwed here." He grumbled, checking his carbine's power pack and slotting it home.
Somewhere, deep down, he felt fairly liberated, it was always the plan to high-tail it out of the sector when the opportunity presented itself, of course, Daeg had always assumed it would be under a more sedate situation, but beggars can't be choosers.
He scanned the hangar, looking for good cover as they readied.  His eyes caught Roice standing near the doorway into the offices, his eyebrow quirked questioningly.  He stepped to the other side of the doorway, and prepared for trouble.
Arbiter
 GM, 1384 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 20:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"They have my man in there..." A dry, harsh voice says.  "I've just come to pick him up, I don't want to cause any trouble in your fine establishment, Mr. Vandangante."

"It's Doc.  Only a very few folks get to call me by my real name," Doc replies, his voice tight.

"My apologies, Doc," the man says.  "Like I said," he raises the volume of his voice so that he can be heard clearly inside the hangar, "All I want is my man.  It's not worth my time to start trouble.  In fact, I wouldn't mind having a face-to-face talk like reasonable beings."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 578 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 21:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice toggles his comm, and whispers, "Fan out and cover me.  I'm going out."

He stands and straightens his jacket, then notices Daeg and raises his eyebrows as if to ask, you with us?
Harry Selous
 player, 520 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 21:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry came back with all of his weapons and a few grenades. He'd be ready to take out anybody that came at them.

When Roice mentioned that he was going out, Harry moved up to take his place at the hanger door. Harry had the most guns, he was a good shot, and at this stage of the game, he had no qualms about shooting anyone, be they storm troopers, prison officials, gangsters, or bounty hunters.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 105 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 00:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Garret...air support is the Gamma and its turbo lasers."

A'den finds a defensible position where he has a good firing lane to cover Roice.
Metzz
 player, 38 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 01:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz was in the cockpit of the Gamma.  He had powered up the Comm's rig and was preparing to jam the airwaves for a range of a few kilometers.

<Comlink>
<Jamming in progress Captain.>

02:14, Today: Metzz rolled 21 using 6d6 with rolls of 4,6,1,3,3,4. Comm's.
Bulyip
 player, 114 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 01:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip goes for cover. Anything big enough to hide behind, or into if a vehicle.
Garret Haskel
 player, 694 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 08:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then that is where I will be."

Garret goes into the gamma and sits down at the controls for the ventral turret. He would also set the computer to allow him to switch between controlling the ventral turret and the pair of turrets on the port side.

"Metzz, once we are in the air, take control of the starboard pair of turrets."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 14 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 14:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg scowled as he considered his options for a mere brief moment.  He couldn't let anything happen to Doc, who was innocent, and regardless what he felt about the others, they didn't seem to be all that bad a group of folks.
He spat a stream of yanda juice over his shoulder to keep it out of the doorway, with a curt nod, he answered Roice, I got your back.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 579 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 15:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice considers holstering the blaster, but shrugs and then walks calmly out of the hangar toward Doc and the bounty hunter.  He lets his gun arm hang at his side.

"By all means, let's be reasonable."
Arbiter
 GM, 1388 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 19:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice strides cautiously, but confidently out onto the tarmac, hands well away from his blaster.

Standing a few meters away is Doc and another man.  Roice can't help but be taken aback by the second man's appearance.  He's dressed in a poncho (the way it hangs on him indicates it's at least partially armored) and a wide-brimmed hat that shields his face from the sun.  A pair of heavy blasters hang low on his hips in quickdraw holsters.

The guy looks like he's straight out of a low-budget holodrama.  And yet, the obvious sense of deadly professionalism coming from him makes his getup look proper, menacing even, instead of silly.

He looks up as Roice emerges from the hangar, and, no surprise, it's the grizzled guy from the cantina.  He nods, seemingly unfazed by Roice's sudden appearance.  "Mr. Delfinn," he says, "Glad you could join us."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 580 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 21:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods at the stranger, and after a brief apologetic look at Doc, gets right to the point.

"I don't know about you, but I'm in no mood for violence.  What's it going to take to get you out of here with no shots fired, Mr...?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:25, Mon 26 Mar 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1389 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 21:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Kol, Lucius Kol," the bounty hunter replies.  "I assume you know how much trouble you and your boys are in, Mr Delfinn?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 581 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 21:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice casually waves away the question.

"All I care about is imminent trouble.  Doc has been more than gracious with us, and I'd hate to see something nasty go down here on his property."

He pauses pointedly for a moment and allows the sound of the Gamma's engines winding up to echo over the lot.

"My profile should indicate that I'm a businessman, and I'm not above bargaining with what I have.  So, again, what's it going to take, short of me walking off with you in cuffs, to get you and your crew out of here without any shots fired?"
Lucius Kol
 NPC, 1 post
 . . .
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 22:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Kol chuckles, "Mr. Delfinn, unless you're holding on to the deed to Coruscant itself you don't have enough to buy me off.  I never break a contract.  That being said," he says, reaching into the breast pocket of his poncho and pulling out a cigarillo, "This isn't my usual stomping ground.  ... Like I was telling Doc, I didn't come here to start anything.  I just want my man.  He is still alive, I hope?" He sticks the cigarillo in the corner of his mouth and starts chewing on it.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 582 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 22:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods.  "He is.  "

He turns and looks back into the hangar and waves at the cockpit of the Gamma, then motions to his earpiece and runs his finger across his throat, a signal to Metzz to cut the jammer.
Metzz
 player, 39 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 23:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz cuts the jamming and remarks to Haskel, "Looks like we talk this time?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 583 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 23:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Someone bring out the Twi'lek," he says quietly over the comm.  "And there's probably bounty hunters hiding on the property...  Don't accidentally shoot anyone."
Garret Haskel
 player, 697 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 00:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Looks like it. I'm going to bring the twi'lek out. Don't take off until I get back if this turns into a fight. (comms) I'll bring the twi'lek out; be there shortly."

Garret leaves the gamma to collect the stunned captive and go out to join Roice; blaster and knife still on his belt.
Lucius Kol
 NPC, 2 posts
 . . .
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 19:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Haskel brings out the unconscious Twi'lek.

Kol clucks and shakes his head in disappointment, "Damn fool.  This is why I shouldn't buy off the rack..." He looks over at Roice and Doc, smiling in an almost congenial manner.  "Believe it or not, I'm sorry for all the trouble my man's caused.  I'd hoped when we finally met, it'd be on more reasonable terms, not like this.  I'd rather resolve our problem as bloodlessly as possibly.  Less stress that way."

The bounty hunter presses a hand to his ear and says, "Yeah, I found the sack of poodoo.  Yeah, I'm cuttin' him loose as soon as we drop him off at the hospital.  He's sloppy, a liability," he pauses, then, frowning, continues, "I told you that I was only coming here to pick up the 'Lek.  Yeah.  Okay, 10 minutes.  I'll let you know."

"Sorry about that," he says, turning his attention back to the others on the tarmac, "My partner's always been the impatient sort.  He'll be bringing my ship around to pick us up," he says, speaking to Doc.  "Would you prefer he land outside your property or would it be all right if he put down here so I can get my man loaded and be out of your hair that much faster?"

Doc looks concerned, but finally just turns it over to Roice, "Your call, son," he says.  "It's not my ass on the line..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 584 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 20:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
 Roice says in Hapani.

"Everyone keep cool, we've got a visitor inbound."

He turns away and says sheepishly into the comm, "But keep the Gamma wound up, just the same..."

He turns back and regards Kol for a moment.

"You know, if you're looking for good hired muscle," he says with a lopsided smile, "I know some guys...  Got their own ships, even."
Lucius Kol
 NPC, 3 posts
 . . .
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 20:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Kol returns Roice's crooked grin, "Have 'em send me their resumes once you all get out of Star's End..."

His expression turns cold, serious, professional, "I'm only gonna make this offer once, Mr. Delfinn.  When my ship lands, you can all just climb aboard and we'll get this sorted out.  Doesn't have to be a chase, doesn't have to be a fight.  But if I leave here without you, you will be seeing me again, understand?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 585 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 21:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods, and leaves the comm on.  "I understand.  I won't bore you with my story--our story.  I'm sure the Imperials have embellished it plenty.  But I will say this: when it comes to corruption in the CSA, there's a fine line between 'kidnapping' and 'rescuing.'"

He pauses for a beat.

"Someone of your particular skill set might appreciate what I mean by that."
Lucius Kol
 NPC, 4 posts
 . . .
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 21:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The bounty hunter waves your statement away, "That's none of my concern.  This isn't about what's right or fair, it's about what I've been paid to do, Mr. Delfinn.  And I've been paid to bring you to justice.  Doesn't matter to me one whit how little weight that word carries in the Sector as long as I get paid for fulfilling my contract."

The whine of a ship's engine looms in the distance, "I will tell you this, though, if you really are just trying to help out your Exec pal, you might want to get him to go to bat for you.  I only work for the CSA.  No contract, no reason we ever need to see each other again."

That last is almost drowned out as a ship, a YT-1200 if you guess correctly, swoops down over the shipyard and lands behind Kol.

The ship lowers its main ramp and Kol waits patiently for Haskel to bring him the Twi'lek.
Garret Haskel
 player, 698 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 21:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret looks to Roice for permission to transfer the hostage over to Kol.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 586 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 21:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods at Haskel.

"We'll be out of here and on our way soon," says Roice to Kol over the engine noise.  "Though I imagine you'll be watching closely for our departure."
Garret Haskel
 player, 699 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 22:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret walks up to Lucien, prepared to hand over the stunned twi'lek.

"He won't need any further medical attention between here and the hospital. You will have to carry him onto your ship since he is incapable of independent movement."
Arbiter
 GM, 1398 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Mar 2012
at 20:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Kol accepts the unconscious Twi'lek without comment, supporting him with his arms with seemingly little effort.

He drags his hireling up the ramp, pausing briefly to shout to Roice, "One last chance, Mr. Delfinn.  Right here, right now, and there won't be any more trouble."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 587 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2012
at 20:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice smiles and says, "Safe travels, Hunter Kol."
Arbiter
 GM, 1399 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Mar 2012
at 22:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The bounty hunter merely nods as the ship's ramp closes.

The YT-1200 takes off, blasting the tarmac with a wash of thrust, and is gone shortly.

Doc casts a worried glance towards Roice and mutters, "I'm gonna go get started on installing those parts..."
Bulyip
 player, 115 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 00:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Coming out from behind his hiding spot, Bulyip is pleased he didn't need to dodge any blaster fire today. Straightening out his outfit, and making sure things are tucked away nicely again, he'll stay near his cover just in case, but he feels a bit more confident at the least.
Harry Selous
 player, 521 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 01:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry shouldered his blaster and stepped out of the hanger.

"We should have blasted him, Boss, He'll be back, with more men and more guns. If we'd killed him and his boys we'd have a new ship and no hunters on our tail." He grumbled, frustrated that the twi'lek who shot him had just been handed over to his boss.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 588 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 03:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I expect he..."  He stops and shakes his head.  "Harry,  take some painstim, then round everybody up in the Tracker.  Group meeting."

He turns and walks into the hangar, and toggles his comm.  "Metzz, scan the area for bugs."

He motions to A'den.  "How many did you count?"
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 106 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 14:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Sorry Roice...no count...couldnt see anything."
Metzz
 player, 40 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 15:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar

This message was deleted by the player at 15:05, Thu 29 Mar 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1401 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 15:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
You all reconvene aboard the Tracker.  The ship is in a state of chaos, with panels and hatches open all over the place and conduits, wires, hoses, and assorted other bits of mechanica strewn hither and yon.

The lounge is in good condition, though, so you all gather there.

OOC: Metzz didn't pick up any tracer signals with his scan and he's reasonably sure that the Gamma's milspec gear was up to the task.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 66 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 15:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Hi everybody!" Chatterbox chirps enthusiastically as you come aboard.  "How've you guys been?  Seems like it's been a bantha's age since I was last able to chat with any of you guys!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 589 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 15:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice ignores the ship droid and drops into a chair.  "Alright, we've got a well-armed multi-member CSA-hired hunter squad watching us closely, waiting until we're in neutral territory to start blasting.  That could mean ten meters outside of Doc's property, or it could mean 100 kilometers off the ground.  Either way, our ability to cleanly get off-world is going to be severely inhibited, which is a bad thing, because the only way we're going to pay Doc and Kuat off is by selling the stock from the Gamma to Wa Stoo's buyer.  They won't come to us, we're going to have to go to them, so there will most definitely be a hyperspace jump involved."

He leans back and clears his throat.  "I trust the Tracker in a chase, but..."  He motions around the clutter on the ship.  "The Gamma could handle itself in a clash, but I don't relish the thought of another week-plus in cramped quarters."

He scoots in to the table edge.  "I suspect we've got an already short and quickly-shrinking window of time we can take advantage of while Kol deals with the fallout of his poorly-vetted henchman's debacle.  We need to get off this planet, quickly and quietly.  I'm open to ideas.  Let's hear them."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 15 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 23:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg scratched idly at the stubble of his chin in thought, he leaned forward to spit a stream of tobacco juice on the deck before pausing looking around guiltily and swallowing the mouthful without a beat.
"Well...I may know somebody, but getting ahold of her may be an issue."  He leveled a finger at Roice, "Someone" He began with hard emphasis, "Might want to explain to me what they've dragged me into, friend, I'm not the sort to shy from a lightfight, but I expect to know what's going on here."
He folded his burly arms across his chest, and waited for an answer.
Garret Haskel
 player, 700 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2012
at 00:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"We might as well tell him of our last little trip. Its not exactly a well kept secret anyway."
Bulyip
 player, 116 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 30 Mar 2012
at 01:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip pipes up, "Big credits for us! We must be pretty important to someone. Me be thinkin it's because of what Bulyip did, and now friends caught up in the bounty. Bulyip sorry, but me can't help past."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 17 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2012
at 03:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Correllian's body rotated, his jaw grinding as he took in the little Aleem.
After a moment of studious examination, he turned back to Roice, "Elaborate." He demanded, and with a sweeping gesture towards Bulyip, "And what the hell is that?"
Bulyip
 player, 117 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 30 Mar 2012
at 04:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Being pointed at, and asked what he is in such an angry fashion, Bulyip cringes, saying, "Sorry for upsetting. Bulyip not trying to make bad man angry. Maybe you want special gadget? Bad man be nice if you like datapad?" Bulyip goes into his pocket and digs out his datapad.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 590 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2012
at 14:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice holds up his hand and shakes his head at the Aleena.  "Bul, it's okay."

Roice grabs an empty hardware bucket from the floor and pushes it across the table to Daeg with a grimace.  "I'll elaborate, if you promise you won't spit on my ship's deck."

He leans back.  "How much do you know about the Corporate Sector Authority?"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:16, Sat 31 Mar 2012.

Daeg Koeran
 player, 18 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 02:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Point of fact, I have yet to spit." Daeg tapped the ornate KDY logo across his tunic, "Established before the New Order, went to hell shortly after, yada yada yada, I know my way around the area somewhat." He replied.
Arbiter
 GM, 1404 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 03:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC:
Daeg Koeran:
"Point of fact, I have yet to spit."

He's right.  He swallowed it instead.  Which is about ten million times more disgusting. ;D

Roice Delfinn
 player, 591 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 05:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Ok, edited to make it topical and funnier.


He nods and takes a deep breath.

"We are a...  special task force...  hand-picked by (what I have to imagine is now former) VicePrex Galor Splynn.  Some of his 'unofficial' activities were, to put it nicely, 'disagreeable' to the Direxes, and in the process of removing ourselves from CSA clutches, we invoked the ire of a jilted Imperial Army officer and outed a Security Bureau operative that had infiltrated our ranks and sabotaged my ship."

He leans back and shrugs.

"So there are most likely quite a few people that want us in prison.  Most likely."
Bulyip
 player, 118 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 15:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip will approach Daeg, attempting to push the data pad at him, poking him if need be to gain his attention.
"You be nice, take datpad. No more bad man, yes."
Metzz
 player, 41 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 15:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz stands behind Roice, addressing Daeg.

"I make thing simple for you Daeg.  We all wanted beings and known fellons, guilty of breaking many Imperial and Corporate Laws.  You and Doc are now guilty of aiding and abetting known fellons in repairing our ships.  You can choose to profit by this, or not.  That is the only choice any of us have left."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 592 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 16:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice shrugs agreeably at Metzz's assessment.

"I wouldn't put it quite so bluntly, but there you go."

He stops short and quickly says, "We do mean to pay.  Doc deserves to be paid, hell he deserves much more than that, and the last thing we want is another organization with clout," he motions to Daeg's lapel, "hiring hunters to come settle debts."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 19 posts
Sun 1 Apr 2012
at 09:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg's gaze took in the rag-tag group, finally he shrugged, unpinning his service tag and handing it to Roice, "Never cared much for the slack-jawed nerfherders in the first place." He admitted, "Only ended up in the Sec on account of a few legal transgressions myself.". He nodded, "Count me in. I've always been fond of a good scrap."
He looked at Bulyip and grimaced, he took the datapad with a grimace, "What is it already?"
Bulyip
 player, 119 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 1 Apr 2012
at 13:16
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Letting Daeg have the datapad, Bulyip's lip pulled back showing a toothy smile, and he gets excited he's getting some attention.

"A datapad is good. You write in it, read other people's writings, look at pictures. When you bored or want to learn, it come in very handy. You look like you need to learn some, so you need datapad more than Bulyip does."

Distracted from something, Bulyip looks to the side, listening, and then he says, "That sound is back. Can anyone hear it? It's kind of a high pitched whine. What is that?"
Metzz
 player, 42 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sun 1 Apr 2012
at 16:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Alarmed, Metzz tunes into the noise that Bulyip has mentioned.  What is it?

16:59, Today: Metzz rolled 11 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,1,4. Perception.
17:00, Today: Metzz rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. wild die.
17:00, Today: Metzz rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. wild die.  TOTAL = 22.  Yee-ha!

Arbiter
 GM, 1410 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 1 Apr 2012
at 18:37
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: It's a barely-registrable audio tone being sent through the speakers by Chatterbox as a passive aggressive way of getting back at you all for ignoring him...
Metzz
 player, 43 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sun 1 Apr 2012
at 18:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Computer?  My name is Metzz.  I am the new Comm's guy.
I need you to give me a full diagnostic of your systems, what damage was done to you by Sparks, what bugs, trackers, and back doors he put it.

How long will that take you?"
  That should keep him busy for a few hours maybe...
Chatterbox
 NPC, 67 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 2 Apr 2012
at 01:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"And I'm the bloody Hapan Queen Mother!" Chatterbox retorts to Metzz, then realizes what he just said.  "Please forgive me, Captain!  No offense, indeed, was intended towards your benevolent, lovely, and wise Queen!  Would you please tell your friend here that just because he's been monkeying around inside the Tracker's systems--YES, I was watching you, Mr. Verpine--that doesn't mean he's registered in the logs as anything other than 'that guy who fixed what the last guy broke'..."
Metzz
 player, 44 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 2 Apr 2012
at 01:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Shame you weren't so smart when your systems were infiltrated by some Imperial spy!  Now shut up and execute diagnostics!"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 68 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 2 Apr 2012
at 02:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The speaker crackles with static, Chatterbox's equivalent of grinding teeth.  "Cap-tain..." he says slowly, mechanically.  "If you would be so... kind...  Would you please visit the bridge at your... earliest... convenience.  I seem to be experiencing a problem with my pickups in the lounge.  I'm going to shut them down until the circuits can be checked by a competent technician.  I hope all of you mammalian and reptilian life forms have a wonderful day."

The speaker cuts out with an ear-splitting squeal of feedback.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 593 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2012
at 02:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice rolls his eyes and leans over the table at Daeg.  He puts his hand on his chin and turns his eyes down in thought.  "So how far are you willing to go with this?  How long can we string KDY along on our payment?"

Before Daeg has a chance to answer, Roice pushes back in his seat abruptly, grits his teeth and furrows his brow, then quickly unholsters his heavy blaster and places it out on the table, the barrel pointing at Bulyip. 

"Mr. Koeran, you'll have to pardon me if I act a little jumpy...  Sometimes people who I think are our friends end up not being our friends."

He taps the trigger guard with his forefinger and his gaze slowly turns toward the Aleena.  "Bul, you have a short and quickly shrinking window of time to convince me that you're playing for the right team.  You can start by explaining why you've got a datapad with my wanted poster on it and feel so casual about sharing it."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:16, Mon 02 Apr 2012.

Bulyip
 player, 120 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 2 Apr 2012
at 03:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Cringing, he puts his hands up, saying, "But we best friends. Me think it came from Twi'Lek. At least me found it when the bounty hunter was around the cargo crates."

Realizing the datapad must have activated when he handed it over, Bulyip points out, "See, we both there. We be bounty buddies. We all wanted. Sorry for getting you caught up in the mess. Bulyip try and be better."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 20 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2012
at 10:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg glanced at the list of bounties and whistled, "That's quite a bit of jink, friend."
He tossed the datapad on the desk next to Roice's blaster. "I'm inclined to believe you can get away with not paying up for quite some time, friend, considering I have unofficially tendered my resignation, we'll likely have a week before the bureaucrats even discover I haven't checked in and send agents to repossess your ships."
He winced at a thought, "I trust we'll be outsector by that point, because they won't be near so lenient with me when they find me."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 595 posts
Tue 3 Apr 2012
at 12:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice eyes Bulyip closely, but slowly re-holsters his pistol as he listens to Daeg.

He finally nods, fighting a smile.

"Alright, so, task at hand: how do we get off-planet without catching Kol's attention?"
Harry Selous
 player, 522 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 3 Apr 2012
at 20:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"If he and his boys were dead, we wouldn't have to worry about that would we?" Harry finally added to the conversation from his seat. He was beginning to realize that most of their problems were coming from not killing people when they had the chance.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 596 posts
Tue 3 Apr 2012
at 22:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then more would come, and the mechanism that sends them steps it up.  Right now, the heat is off, because the heat is on.  And we can hope that the Twi'lek that tried to rough you up is a good indicator of the quality of the local muscle he has to choose from."

He taps his fingers on the table.  "Yeah, the longer we can distract him, the better off we'll be."
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 107 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Wed 4 Apr 2012
at 14:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den shifts a little into fire ready position at Roice's look.  "Roice is right... we are at a 'comfortable level' of wanted. We go around killing people... its get much, much hotter."

He looks at Roice then Harry and nods in agreement, "BUT....some people dont take hints very well and have to be taken out. We are at a tipping point."

A'den walks over to the table and picks up the datapad....

"Also....Hunters dont like to share. Kol isnt going to start broadcasting that he is on to us, he's gonna play it quiet until he can make the claim on us..... I am gonna look this over, some of it could be quite useful."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:28, Wed 04 Apr 2012.

Daeg Koeran
 player, 21 posts
Thu 5 Apr 2012
at 00:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"What about my ship?" Daeg asked, back to scratching the nigh-permanent stubble he sported.  "This bounty hunter hasn't got a whiff of me yet, nor my official corporate transport."
He said the latter with a wince, without a doubt, he was going to have to divest himself of KDY's official property before long.  However, no reason not to profit from the corp's sluggish response time.
Garret Haskel
 player, 707 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 19:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"How well armed is your ship?"

Garret stood off to the side of the door; leaning (more like relaxing) against the wall.
Metzz
 player, 45 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 20:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I can slice Transponder Code.  No-one even know you leave?"
Suggests Metzz in his chopped Basic.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 69 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 20:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"That would buy you all more time before the authorities come looking for missing property..." Chatterbox interjects.  Then, he apparently remembers that he's not talking to any of you and the speaker cuts out again with an angry, passive-aggressive crackle.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 597 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 15:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I like where this is going," Roice says.

He stands and starts pacing.  "Alright.  We need the ship parts offloaded from Daeg's hoversemi, and the guns loaded in, both done in the closed hangar, out of sight of Kol and his scouts."
Arbiter
 GM, 1432 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 15:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
*CUE AWESOME MONTAGE OF AWESOMENESS*

As 80's music plays in the background, the group swings into action...

Daeg backs his delivery truck into the hangar, Metzz and Haskel closing the door after it so that no one can see inside...

With speedy efficiency, the parts are offloaded, leaving a big, empty cargo container...

A'den gingerly maneuvers the Aethersprite fighter out of the 720's launch tube and hovers over on repulsors into the waiting truck as Roice directs him with hand signals...

Meanwhile, Doc and his assembly droids are hard at work installing parts into the two ships.  Sparks fly as the team hurries to complete the job...

With the fighter now stowed, the gang starts hauling crates of weaponry to the truck...

As this is going on, Metzz is on the bridge of the Tracker, arguing with Daeg and Chatterbox as they try to figure out the best way to spoof the transponder of Daeg's ship...

After a couple of hours of hard work, the plan is almost ready to go.  All that remains to be seen is if the techies have successfully created a way to trick everyone into believing that the KDY ship is still on-world.

OOC: Since this ultimately boils down to computers talking to computers and Chatterbox is the best programmer of the lot, his skill will be the determiner.

Chatterbox handily beat the Command roll for Combined Actions, so the three of you can pool your resources.

CB's Computer Programming of 8D (9D-1D for multiple actions) gets +1D added for three people working together on a task, so it's back up to full strength.

I've set a Difficult (20) level on this programming job, because a whole lot of computers and monitoring systems have to be tricked into thinking something that isn't true.

So now we roll...

11:32, Today: Chatterbox rolled 40 using 9d6 with rolls of 6,3,6,6,4,2,2,5,6. Spoof program.
11:32, Today: Chatterbox rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. Wild Die.
Total = 42 (I couldn't have made that up if I'd tried)

Voila!  The code, she is written!  But that's only phase 1.

Now the properly-coded communications pulses (routed through the Tracker's comm gear) have to be established.

Since Metzz and Chatterbox are roughly even in the Communications skill, leadership on this combined effort is a bit harder to determine.  However, since Metzz is actually trained in Communications Engineering and the droid isn't programmed for that, this gives him the edge.

Metzz, you're in charge of this particular endeavor.

I'm setting the same difficulty (20), with the following bonuses and penalties:
+1D for the Tracker's kickass equipment (seriously, it makes Bothan spies weep with envy)
+1D for Chatterbox being hooked directly into the ship's communications systems to help mediate the process

-1D for Metzz performing multiple actions (Command for combining skills plus Communications for the actual task)
+1D potentially if Metzz can make a Command roll that beats a difficulty of 12.  If he can't beat that number, this bonus will not be added to the final roll.

Good luck, Metzz.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:45, Tue 10 Apr 2012.

Daeg Koeran
 player, 22 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 21:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg spat on the deck as he watched the rest buzzing around his ship. He felt the old tingle of excitement that brought a nostalgic pleasure to him.  It was shaping out to be like the good ol' days with the Stanton Ring, he just hoped it wouldn't turn out like the good ol' days had.
"Now, remember to take into account the resistance tolerances of that forward emitter array. Cheap, Corp-ruined garbage that it is." He called helpfully from the entryway.
Metzz
 player, 46 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 22:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz shows why he is the best Comm's Tech in the Corporate Sector...  "Let's do this thing!"
23:04, Today: Metzz rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 5,5,4. Command.

Communications +5D,
Comm's Engineering +1D,
Tracker Gear +1D,
ChatterBox +1D,
Multi-Task -1D,
Combined Bonus +1D.

23:12, Today: Metzz rolled 27 using 8d6 with rolls of 1,5,5,1,5,2,5,3. Comm's Slicing.

Arbiter
 GM, 1436 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 20:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz inputs the final commands as Daeg splices the necessary connections.  The Verpine pushes a button on his console and there's a nervous moment as the code compiles and the newly cross-patched circuitry come online.

Then the comm screen lights up with twin pulses, one the Tracker's familiar transponder frequency.  The other, a new signal, a perfect replica of the KDY transport's transponder.

Then the spoofing program kicks in and the secondary pulse is routed through the Tracker's comm array, skipped across several public Holonet nodes, and relayed to the spaceport.

That's when the problem arises.

[ERROR.  DUPLICATE FREQUENCY DETECTED.] responds the starport mainframe.  It's still receiving the transmission from the KDY ship and can't understand why the Tracker's new broadcast is on a matching freq.

OOC: Welcome to your Complication, gentlemen (and Haskel)...

Metzz
 player, 47 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 21:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Daeg, shut down your transponder! Do it now!"
What a frak-up!  No wonder this crew nearly got Splynn killed!
Chatterbox
 NPC, 70 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 22:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Easier to shut down our phantom for now," the droid brain replies; he doesn't sound terribly panicked.  "The KDY's transponder needs to be shut down at the source.  Which is all the way over at the spaceport.  If you can get the spoofer shut off, I can slice into the spaceport mainframe and make it appear as if it's just a sensor glitch."
Metzz
 player, 48 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 22:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Yeah, I knew that Computer.  Just wanted to see if you were still not talking to us." smirks Metzz, then cuts the Transponder.
Arbiter
 GM, 1440 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 23:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Did anyone read the montage of awesomeness? ;)
Metzz
 player, 49 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 23:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC - Oh yeah.  The Classic A-Team Montage was great!
Daeg Koeran
 player, 24 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2012
at 00:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz's outburst shocked the big Correllian so badly he nearly swallowed the fat pinch of yanda snuff in his lip, he jerked forward to shut down the transceiver when Chatterbox interrupted, with a cough and a baleful glare at the Verpine, he stalked out the entryway mumbling.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 71 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 12 Apr 2012
at 18:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz stops the signal and, for good measure, Daeg pulls the plug and the Tracker's dummy signal cuts out.

"Not to worry, gentlemen," Chatterbox says, "I just had a chat with the mainframe and it understands that that was all just a 'technical problem' that has been resolved.  Nothing to worry about."
Arbiter
 GM, 1445 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 13 Apr 2012
at 23:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With the transponder problem solved, it's time for the next phase of the plan.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 598 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2012
at 14:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Has Wa Stoo called about the drop-off yet?
Arbiter
 GM, 1446 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 14 Apr 2012
at 16:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Nope
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 108 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Sun 15 Apr 2012
at 20:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
When a lull in the project hits, A'den walks over to Roice.

"Thought you would like to know some of the info I am gleaning from the datapad when I have free moments.  Looks like a good amount of bounties we can hunt for to earn some cred. Also...some info on here about how Kol's org works."

"Oh....seems there is a 100,000 cred reward for you," He eyes Roice thoughtfully for a moment, "or 25,000 if your dead. We better be watching your sheb's for awhile."
Bulyip
 player, 122 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 16 Apr 2012
at 01:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Oblivious to the events going on around him, Bulyip continues to find some interest in watching a small metallic insect climbing along the floor.

Speaking softly, the Aleena crouches down to get even closer. "Me think you would make a fine pet. What can me feed you?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 599 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2012
at 02:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods at A'den.  "Let's keep it in mind, though we'll need some pretty gnarly credentials forged to spoof a hunter license, especially since our faces, or at least my face, is plastered all over the Holonet."

He pulls A'den aside and says quietly, "Hey, some things might go down later...  Just stay close and don't shoot anybody unless I say.  Got it?"

As an afterthought, he says, "Don't let anybody else shoot anybody, either..."
Arbiter
 GM, 1448 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 16 Apr 2012
at 23:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip: The bug is a common ship roach.  It waves its antennae at you, then fires off a noxious cloud of spray and scuttles away.

Everyone else: While Bulyip is coughing and gagging from the stench, you've managed to get the rest of the stuff loaded into Daeg's truck.

OOC: Roice was supposed to post that he went ahead and had you guys load everything except the stuff you're keeping, but he forgot. :P

Shortly after the job's completed, Roice gets a call on his comm.  It's Wa Stoo.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 600 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 00:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice calls for everyone to be quiet, then answers the comm.

"Tell me you have good news."
Arbiter
 GM, 1449 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 01:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"It's good news if you and your boys can get spaceborne in the next 20 minutes," the Duros replies.  "I set up the meeting, but the window's pretty tight.  I'll send you the coordinates once you're in orbit, so keep your comm line open.  And don't screw this up, Delroi," he says, warningly.  "I had to call in some major favors to get these guys to show.  As you can imagine, they're a bit twitchy right now..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 601 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 03:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"You won't regret this, Stoo.  We're on the way now."  He sets the line on standby.

"Alright boys, let's make this happen."  He points to the loading ramp at the back of the hovertruck and makes a circling motion with his arm.
Harry Selous
 player, 525 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 04:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry loaded himself up with all his equipment and got ready to go. He hoped he'd get to waste somebody soon, his wrath still built up from being shot by the Twilek bounty hunter.

He also checked on chomper to make sure the animal was still alive.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:05, Tue 17 Apr 2012.

Bulyip
 player, 123 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 05:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Wrinkling his nose at the vapor, It left a feeling of peppery burn in his nose.

Shaking his head, Bulyip says to himself, "Nope. You not make a good pet."

And hen the call to move out, Bulyip is quickly back at attention again. Willing to help move things where they need to be, the Aleena is not adverse to going in first.
Garret Haskel
 player, 708 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 07:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret had been ready to go, and was just waiting for the signal. Among the stuff they were selling was what he hoped to be enough medpacks for them all (2 per person). He had packed them where he could get at them without having to dig through anything else.
Arbiter
 GM, 1451 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 18 Apr 2012
at 20:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Haskel, Selous, and Bulyip quickly climb into the cargo speeder's trailer, squeezing in past the crates of guns to hunker down on either side of the Aetherspite.

A'den hangs back to stick by Roice, who is still in the hangar alongside Daeg.

Doc clambers down out of one of the landing assemblies for the Tracker, wiping his greasy hands off on a rag that he stuffs into a pocket on his coveralls.  "You boys finally on your way?" he asks.  "Well, have a safe trip and don't take any carbonite credits.  Don't worry about your ships, I'll take good care of 'em.  After all, if you don't make it back, I look to make a lot of money auctioning them off," he winks, smiling broadly at Roice.

"Daeg," he says to the Corellian, "always good to see you.  Sorry your parts run got turned into a major kerfuffle.  Since I sorta doubt you're going to have a job once this is all over, you come see me if you need work."

OOC: Doc is like a rockstar amongst the smugglers and traders in and around the Corporate Sector.  Getting a job offer from him is nothing to sneeze at.
Metzz
 player, 50 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 18 Apr 2012
at 21:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz is hanging around Roice too.
"We should not leave the Tracker unguarded.  It is extremely valuable ship.
That is why Agent tried to cripple her, so you couldn't fly her away."

Roice Delfinn
 player, 603 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2012
at 22:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
He thinks about the Verpine's observation, then nods.  "I think we'll be alright without you, and besides watching the ships, you might be able to help out even more."  He leans in close.  "Pay careful attention here."

Roice goes to Doc and whispers something to him under the noise of the truck.


He gives Doc a meaningful look, then nods at the hangar control panel.  "Metzz, if you'd be so kind as to get the door for us."
Metzz
 player, 51 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 18 Apr 2012
at 22:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz opens the hanger bay doors, seeing Daeg's speeder out safely.

When they're gone, he'll shut the hanger doors, then make sure the Tracker is re-emitting the fake Transponder signal.

OOC - I'll sit tight and wait for you to come back...
Daeg Koeran
 player, 26 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2012
at 01:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg nodded gravelly, "I'll do that, Doc." He replied, he gave a steady look at Roice, waiting for the second part of the man's plan to happen.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 604 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2012
at 02:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice throws a sideways glance at A'den, then walks deliberately out between the idling truck and the opened hangar door.  He raises both hands to chest level, and motions at the front of the truck with his index fingers.

"You told us we had more time, Koeran," he says loudly, but without shouting.  "This wasn't part of the deal."
Daeg Koeran
 player, 27 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 16:32
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg pulled his carbine and leveled it at Roice's chest, spitting as he stalked forward, "Time given, Roice, now I want my money!" He jammed the barrel into Roice's sternum just hard enough to look good, and sneered, "Whatever your problems are out here ain't none of my business, just give me the credits and you can walk away from this."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 605 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 17:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice stumbles backward out of the hangar and into the open, and pleadingly holds up his palm, then quickly does a panicked once-around look at the lot before looking nervously back at Daeg.

"You know I don't have it, I told you up front that we don't have it yet!"  He points out off the lot.  "You saw what happened earlier, it's not like we can just waltz out of here to the bank!"
Bulyip
 player, 124 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 00:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Not liking what he is seeing, Bulyip says, "Oh ohhhh. Blaster came out again. Bad news."

He looks around as his friends, wondering what he should do, or who he should hide behind.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 28 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 04:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg patted his pocket, searching for his tin of snuff, when he finds it gone, his face turns darkly sinister, "I don't want to have to shoot you, but if my snuff doesn't get back to me RIGHT THIS INSTANT, you'll have more than just the money-problem, here." He raised the blaster a little higher, "My time is precious, Roice, and expensive, I'll expect a forty percent cut from this little endeavor, plus what you owe the old KDY....now, my snuff, if you'd be so kind."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 607 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 14:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Forty?!"  Roice raises his hand and points at the truck angrily.

"All those KDY parts together aren't even worth forty!  And if you think I'm cutting you in on more than what we'd be pocketing as a whole, then you can go kiss a mynock!"
Daeg Koeran
 player, 29 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 16:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"You put me in a bad position, Roice." Dart began, dropping the carbine's barrel low and discharging a round into the ground at the other man's feet. "I like you, this is business, but you insist on making it personal. I don't like when things get personal."
He scratched his chin, "Forty, plus the parts, or I take the cargo and disappear."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 608 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 16:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice dances away from the blaster shot, then takes another look nervously around Doc's lot.

"Daeg, you can't do this," he starts to plead, but then his voice goes angry again.  "We had a deal!"

His demeanor shifts again.  "Twenty, twenty percent is all we can afford...  Come on, Daeg, it's more than fair..."
Arbiter
 GM, 1457 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 21:16
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Not to be a Nosy Nancy, but it's been all of about a minute, tops, since you guys got in the back of the truck... O_o
Daeg Koeran
 player, 30 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2012
at 18:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg scowled, motioning with his carbine toward the truck, "In the truck. Now."
He ordered, "I'm getting my credits one way or another."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 609 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2012
at 19:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice pauses for only a second to shake his head before rushing into the hangar in a panic, past the truck.

Once inside and out of sight, he turns and throws Daeg a quick look of approval, then high-tails it for the loading door.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 31 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2012
at 20:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Fast scratched his chin a moment before shaking his head, he holstered the blaster and returned to the hangar.
His hand unconsciously reached his tunic pocket before he realized his snuff was gone.
Scowling, he jumped into the cab and started the engine.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 610 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2012
at 20:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice helps A'den into the back of the semi, then nods at Doc and motions to Metzz to close the hangar door once they're out.  He steps back into the trailer and toggles the door shut.

"Alright, let's see how this goes."
Arbiter
 GM, 1458 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 26 Apr 2012
at 20:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: All aboard or you're getting left behind with Metzz.  That means you, Haskel and Bulyip.
Garret Haskel
 player, 711 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2012
at 21:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: I'm already in the back of the truck.
Arbiter
 GM, 1459 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 26 Apr 2012
at 22:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Oh you and your revisionist history! :P

;)

Bulyip
 player, 125 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 01:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip will scurry along to catch up, not wanting to be left behind. The small Aleena tries to climb up in the front if possible.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 32 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 08:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg grabbed the Aleem as he scampered by, roughly hauling the little alien by his tunic.
"Alright, you Thieving packrat, where is it?" he asked, holding his free hand out expectantly.
It had occured to the shipjack that the scurrying little creature might have been innocent of stealing his favorite vice....

.............but he doubted it.
Bulyip
 player, 126 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 12:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Where's what?"

Being much smaller, Bulyip gets quite defensive, holding his hands out in a surrendering motion, arms up and palms flat out in front.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 33 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 20:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"You know what, you knee-high lizard." He rumbled in reply, giving the Aleem a rough shake for emphasis, "Where's my chaw?" without further discourse, he flipped the Aleem over and began to shake the little alien's pockets out.
Arbiter
 GM, 1461 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 22:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Gonna be like breaking open a pinata... :D
Bulyip
 player, 127 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 28 Apr 2012
at 00:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Aleena, though small is quite scared and is quick to start shaking and twisting to break free from Daeg's grip. Twisting and contorting himself in order to escape, He screams,"EEEEEEeeeeeee! Helpppppp! He's trying to kill meeeeee!"

Whether it's the screaming or the violent thrashing, Bulyip breaks free in mid twist and falls off away in the direction he thrashed in. Bulyip tries to move as far as he can, pressing himself against the durasteel cab doors in order to keep away from the bad man.
Arbiter
 GM, 1462 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 28 Apr 2012
at 00:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Bulyip, make a DEX check to keep your pocket contents to yourself.

And both of you get a 1 CP bonus for making the GM laugh. :D

Bulyip
 player, 128 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 28 Apr 2012
at 05:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Whoo hoo, an extra CP. ;)
Daeg Koeran
 player, 35 posts
Sun 29 Apr 2012
at 01:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Sithspit!" The burly Corellian swore as the alien broke free.  "I said hand it over." He threatened, pulling his carbine from it's holster again.  He drew a bead on the cowering Aleem.  Pointedly, he left the weapon on it's lethal setting as he gestured for Bulyip to hand over his property.
Bulyip
 player, 129 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 29 Apr 2012
at 03:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Cowering, Bulyip cries out as he ducks behind anyone for cover, "Badman! Badman! Bulyip told everyone he a bad man. Bulyip just want be left alone. Best friend have bad friends. Badman!"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:14, Sun 29 Apr 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 713 posts
Tue 1 May 2012
at 21:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hearing the racket, Garret walks the length of the truck and looks at the back at Bulyip and Daeg.

"What is going on out here?"
Harry Selous
 player, 527 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 May 2012
at 22:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry sat back in the bed of the truck and fiddled with his blaster. Bulyip screeching bloody murder and the newcomer shouting about his chaw was not Harry's idea of fun. He wanted to get going and get the job over with, but, as always, it didn't look like the group would be very efficient about it, so he decided he might as well relax while everyone else dawdled about.
Bulyip
 player, 132 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 2 May 2012
at 00:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip scurries to Garret as fast as he can, yelling, "Badman trying to kill meeeee! Badman throw me around 'n threaten me for no reason! Help!"
Daeg Koeran
 player, 37 posts
Wed 2 May 2012
at 05:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"That misbegotten child of a knee-high gundark had best return my snuff, or I'll kill the gibbering little mynock!" Daeg rumbled, his carbine tracking Bulyip the entire way. "That tin cost me almost six months worth salary and I'll be damned if I'll have it stolen." He turned to the Aleem, "Now, or you take a one way trip down the garbage chute."
Garret Haskel
 player, 714 posts
Wed 2 May 2012
at 07:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Why don't you go look in the last place you remember having your snuff, and make it quick. We have a limited window of time to make this deal and your wasting it."

When Bulyip gets close enough Garret will reach down to pull him into the truck quickly and push him further into the truck so he is out of Daeg's field of fire. Once done he will stand back up and return his attention to Daeg.

<blue>"You will not be killing anyone just yet, and before you shoot at me keep this in mind: I am the only medic here. If things go wrong and you get shot I am the only one who can keep you from dying."

Bulyip
 player, 133 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 2 May 2012
at 12:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Grateful for the assistance, the Aleena squeezes into the tightest smallest space he can, preferably under someone's feet, and he'll do it whimpering all the way.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 611 posts
Wed 2 May 2012
at 16:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice walks up to the door of the trailer.

"Seriously?  We're doing this now, of all times?"

He looks to the Aleena.  "Bul, did you take his canister?"
Bulyip
 player, 135 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 3 May 2012
at 00:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Shaking his head side to side, Bulyip is cringing, and says, "Bulyip think badman should go home."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 612 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 01:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice grits his teeth and futilely tries to not rip his hair out.

"Bul, we're all bad men."

He rants, yelling out into the hangar.  "Dammit, people, we're trying to do a job here.  The show is running," he shouts, motioning out of the trailer with a twitch.

"Can we please," he says, drawing his pistol, "just carry on a sort of semblance of normal function without someone's idiosyncrasies causing unexpected hangups!?"

He turns the rifling crank on the heavy blaster to the stun setting.  "Bul.  You have five seconds to give Daeg his canister."

He blinks.

"Four."
Bulyip
 player, 136 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 3 May 2012
at 02:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Eeeee!" He screams at the sight of another blaster. Twisting, and looking for a place within the truck to run to, there are not too many options for an Aleena with a couple blasters leveled towards him from within and without the transport.

Starting to empty his pockets randomly, his hands are pulling things out as fast as he can show that he does not have whatever they are looking for, or that his pockets are empty.
"Not have anything! Why best friend point blaster at Bulyip."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:52, Thu 03 May 2012.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 613 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 03:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then where did you put it, Bul?"

After a brief pause, he says, "Also notice, I'm not pointing it at you.  Yet.  Three."
Bulyip
 player, 137 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 3 May 2012
at 12:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Eyes wide already, Bulyip's eyes look ready to pop out from sheer horror. Shifting his gaze side to side, he's clearly looking for an escape.

"Badman is lying! He just want kill Bulyip!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1468 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 May 2012
at 15:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Aleema's hands are a blur as he starts flinging items out of every pocket, pouch, crease and fold of his clothing (and a few place you'd rather not think about).  Bits of colored wire, pieces of candy, the occasional random key or button...  A whole magpie nest's worth of trinkets and baubles pile up around Bulyip's feet.  But, there's no sign of Daeg's can of chaw.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 614 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 16:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Bulyip.  There is an unknown number of heavily-armed bounty hunters right outside that are presumably watching intently to see what is about to happen in here.  And what needs to happen in here needs to happen relatively quickly or else this whole carefully-planned escape will be for naught.  So quickly go scurry to wherever it is you hid Daeg's canister, so we can get the hell out of here before Kol's men start sniping us!  Three!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 615 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 16:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: oopsie!

He shakes his head.  "I mean, TWO."
Harry Selous
 player, 528 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 3 May 2012
at 17:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry closed his eyes and began to bob his head to the song playing in his mind. He did t care if bulyip got shot, or if Deag never got his canister back, or if they ever managed to leave the hanger. He had no control over this group. They'd do what they wanted and things would happen or they wouldn't.
Garret Haskel
 player, 715 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 19:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret stood by, watching Daeg closely; paying no attention to Bulyip.
Bulyip
 player, 138 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 3 May 2012
at 22:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hearing that there are snipers surrounding them as well, Bulyip considers his options, stay and be blasted, run for somewhere other than the transport and be sniped. Though he has to admit, running for it and risking sniper fire does suggest that he has more places to hide.

With the option of a blaster in front, and a blaster behind the walls, Bulyip leaves his precious trinkets behind. He says, "Ok, wait here!" He races underneath the repulsar transport looking to escape the blasters!
Arbiter
 GM, 1471 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 May 2012
at 22:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Good luck fishing the Aleema out of the truck's underbody, you guys... XD

Also, TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

Garret Haskel
 player, 716 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 22:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
<blue>"I'll return shortly."<blue>

Garret would hurry to the Tracker's lounge and see if the stuff Daeg was missing was somewhere in there; searching quickly, but thoroughly.
Arbiter
 GM, 1472 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 May 2012
at 22:53
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: There's a skill for that...
Garret Haskel
 player, 717 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 22:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC:
18:57, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 6 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,2,3. search.

let me guess: fail

Arbiter
 GM, 1473 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 May 2012
at 23:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: No, actually, that's not too shabby considering that you're looking for something that's potentially just been misplaced rather than intentionally hidden.

It'll take you a minute, though, so I'll give others a chance to shoot Bulyip--I mean, post their actions.

Daeg Koeran
 player, 40 posts
Fri 4 May 2012
at 08:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg spat a curse, "Forget about it." he grumbled and fished into his boot top, he removed another fresh tin and cracked it open.
He holstered his carbine and popped in a fresh pinch, relishing the tension-relieving wave that washed over him. He looked around a moment, then tapped his wrist chrono, "What are you folks waiting for? We're on a timetable here." hisput further preamble he hopped into the truck cab.
Harry Selous
 player, 529 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 May 2012
at 08:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry opened his eyes at Daeg's reaction and jumped out of the truck.

"No. No, absolutely not. No frickin way in all that is holy in the entire universe. I'll stay here with the bug and guard the ship. You worthless psychos go have fun wasting time and getting shot. If you're not back in a day, I'm sneaking out of here, killing any bounty hunters that get in my way, and taking Splynn with me to use as leverage when I get in a position I can't handle on my own."

With that said, he headed for his bunk to spend a little time with Chomper. He wasn't getting paid nearly enough to put up with the crap this crew caused.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 616 posts
Fri 4 May 2012
at 14:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice stands in the back of the trailer, and briefly contemplates turning the blaster on his own temple, then shakes his head and nods at Daeg.

He reaches over and toggles the trailer door shut.
Arbiter
 GM, 1475 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 May 2012
at 14:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Haskel returns just in time to get in the back.  He's been unable to find what he was looking for.  And I'm assuming makes the appropriate apologetic gestures before jumping into the back?

And Bulyip's still hiding under the truck.

OOC: WHEEE! :D
Harry Selous
 player, 531 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 May 2012
at 19:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry, already carrying all his gear, went to go check on Chomper before he headed to Splynn's room. The man was not the most endearing sort, but he was certainly a valuable resource.

OOC - Also, we never sold any of those three speeder bikes right? Meaning that the only one we lost is the one I blew up?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:59, Fri 04 May 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1476 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 May 2012
at 19:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: There's only one swoop left.  Nobody seems to know what happened to the other one.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:55, Fri 04 May 2012.

Bulyip
 player, 143 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 4 May 2012
at 21:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
ooc- Oh great! Now Harry is going to point a blaster at Bulyip. :)

IC- Shaking in fear still, Bulyip can hear the foot steps move off, or move around and sounds like they are climbing into the transport, and finally, the sounds of people not moving around. No blaster fire, or sounds of people crawling under the hauler after him. Not sure if he should hang on for the ride, or try and make a break for the ship, Bulyip drops down from his hiding position, and crawls back to his pile of debris. If no one is out there, he'll fill his pockets back up with his precious knick knacks.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 41 posts
Sat 5 May 2012
at 09:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg flipped the power toggles and felt the slight lurch of the repulsorlifts engaging. He pulled out of the garage once everyone was secured once again.
Bulyip
 player, 144 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 5 May 2012
at 13:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Seeing his choice made for him, Bulyip runs to the side once the repulsars are engaged. Left behind, the Aleena moans to himself, "Bulyip left behind again. Why does everyone leave Bulyip behind?"

Walking off, he slumps his head, mimicking a whiny voice, "Bulyip stay behind an guard the ship."
Garret Haskel
 player, 720 posts
Sat 5 May 2012
at 14:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret; once again in the back of the truck; relaxed against a stack of crates.

"So whats the plan now captain?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 617 posts
Sat 5 May 2012
at 15:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Same as before.  Hope that Kol thinks that Daeg is leaving.  Though with the insanity that just went down, who knows."

He sits on a crate.  "When we get to his ship, we stay in here until we're atmospheric."
Arbiter
 GM, 1477 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 5 May 2012
at 21:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz and Doc haul open the hangar doors long enough to allow Daeg to drive the truck out.

Back inside, Bulyip dejectedly picks up his trinkets and baubles.

Selous stops off to check on Chomper.  The Sandslasher greets him by knocking him flat and proceeding to good-naturedly chew on his boots.  Selous is quick to extract his feet from the Sandslasher's jaws before he needs to go buy a new pair.  Again.
Garret Haskel
 player, 723 posts
Tue 8 May 2012
at 00:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then what?"

Garret sat on a different crate that was placed against the wall.
Harry Selous
 player, 532 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 8 May 2012
at 02:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry grabbed Chomper's leash and began leading him toward the speeder, hauling his explosive and illegal gear along with him.

"Bulyip, lets go. I promise not to point a blaster at you." He says as he passes the little hoarder before keying his head set, "Metzz, I'm gonna go check in on Splynn. You wanna come or you staying to guard the ship?"
Bulyip
 player, 145 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 8 May 2012
at 04:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Looking down at the ground as he plods along, he hears his name, and some encouragement from Harry to join him. Getting a grin, his back and shoulders straighten up, and he hurries to catch up.

"Okay! Let's go check on Splynn!" He says excitedly to be a part of something.
Metzz
 player, 52 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 8 May 2012
at 08:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"They'll be waiting for us Harry.  There will be a fight.  I might be able to help you more if I stay here.
Keep your Comm's open to this frequencies."
  Metzz retunes Harry's comlink.

"I can use Ships Comm's Computer to run interference and distractions for you.  I can fight, but I'm better with this stuff.
What do you think Chatterbox?"


Thinking of a Mission Impossible style incursion into the hospital, following the guys on public frequencies, splicing CCTV, police and bounty channels.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 72 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 8 May 2012
at 19:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I think I'm perfectly qualified to carry out orders via remote," the droid replies somewhat huffily.  "In fact, I've already taken the liberty of splicing into the local hospital's security system and am monitoring Assistant Vice-Prex Splynn's room as we speak.  Everything appears to be just fine.  Oh dear!" the droid suddenly utters a simulated gasp of shock.
Harry Selous
 player, 533 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 8 May 2012
at 20:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
At the gasp from the computer, Harry shook his head and jumped in the speeder, turning it on.

 "what's up chatterbox?" he asked, knowing full well the answer was going to be along the lines of, 'a regiment of storm troopers has just moved in to secure Splynn's hospital room.'
Metzz
 player, 53 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 8 May 2012
at 20:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz grabs his portable comm's rig, shutter gun and hops on the back of the speeder.
"Keep us updated on the secure channel Chatterbox."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 73 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 8 May 2012
at 20:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Err, sorry...  Spongebath..." Chatterbox replies sheepishly.  "Humans really are not attractive creatures, especially naked.  I've cut the video feed for now and am desperately trying to scrub the image from my databanks..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 618 posts
Tue 8 May 2012
at 21:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then Wa Stoo radios our coordinates.  They're only expecting the load of ST1s, which is only going to just barely pay off what we currently owe.  Hopefully they'll be interested in the whole shebang, but I don't know how equipped with cash they'll be.  I don't think we'll encounter trouble, but just the same keep your trigger finger ready."
Arbiter
 GM, 1484 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 11 May 2012
at 14:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
As Selous, Bulyip and Metzz prepare to head to the hospital to check on Splynn, the others drive towards the spaceport.

Doc's shipyard is a few kilometers away from the port where Daeg's ship is docked.  The drive is mostly through open country without any real obstructions to hide behind, so it comes as a bit of a surprise when Daeg spots the swoop parked across the road ahead.  It hadn't seemed to be there a moment before.

Leaning casually against the swoop, wide-brimmed hat obscuring his face, is Lucius Kol.  The bounty hunter looks up as the truck approaches, cocking back his hat with a thumb and waving good-naturedly to Daeg as the truck continues to drive towards him.

His gesture is clear.  He's not just saying "Hello", he's trying to flag you down.
Harry Selous
 player, 534 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 11 May 2012
at 18:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Surprised and skeptical of the false alarm, Harry started off with the speeder. He went slowly in case Metzz wanted to hop back out, but once he was clear of the hanger doors, he sped up to normal speed for a vehicle like the one he was driving.

"Keep an eye out and make sure we aren't followed Bulyip." He said as he drove, thinking about the bounty hunters. If they confronted him directly, he wouldn't mind disintegrating a few of them, but he couldn't let them find Splynn, or there wouldn't be anything keeping them out of prison.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 14 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 5,4,3. speeder op.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:11, Fri 11 May 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1486 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 13 May 2012
at 02:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Doc once again hauls open the heavy hangar doors so Selous and Co. can slip out in the speeder.

Harry maneuvers the vehicle expertly onto the road and turns in the opposite direction that Daeg and the others went.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 43 posts
Mon 14 May 2012
at 03:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg's eyes narrowed as the bounty hunter's intimidating form crystallized from the distance. He swallowed a larger amount of tobacco juice than even he cared to attempt normally, he forced the uncomfortable grimace into an even more uncomfortable genial smile and waved back at the manhunter just as good naturedly, a million plans soared through his skull as his head turned left and right looking for a good place to pull over.

.......Chief among those being to just let Kol have his cargo.

He shrugged off that plan with just the slightest hesitation, but knew he had to do something.
Dart Jansen would never be considered a brilliantly clever man, but he did possess a certain low cunning that had served him
well in his life living outside the law, and was certain he could think his way through this.....

Fortunately he didn't have to, and even halfway through his pleasant greeting he gunned the engine, relying on several thousand metric tonnes of plasteel and durasteel to solve the issue for him.
As the freight hauler plowed into, over, and by Kol's speeder, he kept his hand up.
His mouthing moving to a cry not heard in ages, a battlecry of the fiercest warriors in humankind's forgotten past,
Returned in an ear splitting screech of metal.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1489 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 14 May 2012
at 16:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The bounty hunter's expression goes from friendly to shocked as Daeg guns the accelerator.  Kol leaps on his swoop and hits the accelerator, zipping out of the way with mere centimeters to spare.  He's quick to loop back around and give chase, though.

The truck is built for hauling, not speed, and Kol is able to quickly catch up.

He pulls up alongside the driver-side door and looks up at Daeg.  He doesn't look upset, just sort of... disappointed is probably the best description.  He's saying something, but of course you can't hear him.

Somehow, his hat is still on...

OOC: roll Perception if you want to lip read.

Inside the trailer, things (and people) jounce around as Daeg powers down the road at a high rate of speed.
Harry Selous
 player, 535 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 14 May 2012
at 20:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
As Harry rolled along at a safe pace toward the hospital, he kept his wits about him.

"you boys got any weaponry? I don't know what exactly is gonna happen, but something always does, and I ain't in the mood to be peaceable when it goes down." he called to the other two sentiments in the speeder as he gave Chomper a pat with one hand.

OOC - today Harry rolled a 12 with 3D+2 with rolls of 2, 4, and 4 for speeder driving.
Bulyip
 player, 147 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 15 May 2012
at 23:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Looking down at his holster at his waist, Bulyip pats his blaster at Harry's suggestion. Gulping, Bulyip says, "Maybe Bulyip better at sneaking in staying hidden than blaster fight."
Metzz
 player, 54 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 17 May 2012
at 13:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I've got my Scatter Gun.  Don't forget Harry, I'n the only one here authorised to visit the AVP, so I need to go in alone.
And you're right, better stay in the parking bay with the engine running, just in case.".

Arbiter
 GM, 1498 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 19 May 2012
at 20:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous and Co. hit town and begin navigating the busy streets towards the hospital.  Chomper is beside himself with excitement, running back and forth from window to window inside the speeder, alternately snarling at or twitching his ears (Sandslasher equivalent of tail wagging) at the passersby outside.

Shortly they reach the hospital, right smack in the middle of downtown.  Harry finds a parking space on the third level of the five-story parking structure adjacent to the medical center.
Harry Selous
 player, 536 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 20 May 2012
at 03:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry grabbed a hold of chomper to keep him inside the speeder while Metzz climbed out.

"I'll keep the engine running, but you run in to any trouble in there and I'll be crashing through the front door. Just say the word lasagna in to the headset and I'll assume it's time to bring out the grenades and the laser guns." He said to Metzz with a big grin. It had been a long while since he'd killed anything, and with the stresses this crew had been putting him through, he could have really used a good showdown.
Arbiter
 GM, 1513 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 23 May 2012
at 19:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Truck: Daeg ignores the bounty hunter's attempt to get his attention and keeps driving as fast as he can down the road.  After a minute, Kol shakes his head and decelerates, letting the truck go.

Without further incident, the speeder heads to the spaceport.  Daeg flashes his ID at the loading entrance and is waved through by a guard, joining other large cargo vehicles heading to and from the parked ships out on the landing field.


Hospital: Selous, Bulyip and Chomper stay behind while Metzz goes inside to check on his boss.

OOC: Metzz, are you leaving your shattergun behind or attempting to smuggle it in somehow?
Metzz
 player, 55 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 23 May 2012
at 20:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Is there a Clove Box in this heap?  I want to keep my gun safe if I leave it here!

"Don't touch my gun!  It has a hair trigger and is fragile and I'll be very upset ok!
I'll be as quick as I can and will leave my Comm's open so keep your eyes and ears open Harry."

Arbiter
 GM, 1514 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 23 May 2012
at 20:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Yes, there's a glove box and a couple of storage areas inside the speeder.  Basically what you'd expect to find inside an SUV or mini-van.
Metzz
 player, 56 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 23 May 2012
at 20:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
O.K Stash my gun in the glove box, set Comms channel and head off to the ward.

I presume Metzz has been here before, and that he knows his way around the hospital?
Also, Metzz wasn't on the Bounty for all the others, which should make for an easy trip - a Midnight Run if you were.
"Laterzzz!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1515 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 23 May 2012
at 20:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Yes, you've been to visit Splynn (aka "Aeylex Borton") several times over the last month.  You know the way to ICU easily.  Also, being a Verpine, you can "smell" the signals peculiar to health monitoring machines broadcasting their telemetry back to the hospital's mainframe.
Metzz
 player, 57 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 24 May 2012
at 21:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz heads straight for ICU without delay. He keeps his eyes, ears, and antennae open.
22:08, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,4,2. Perception.
Arbiter
 GM, 1516 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 25 May 2012
at 12:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Truck: Daeg pulls up to a parked Wayfarer-class medium transport.  It's a big ship, almost twice the size of the Tracker (herself on the big side for a light freighter).  But most of its bulk is made up of a huge cargo container attached to the drive unit (basically the actual ship) on the side.

Daeg pulls a remote out of the truck's glove box and clicks a button.  Slowly, the cargo section's front loading ramp opens.  Once its descended to the ground, the Corellian drives the truck inside.  He pulls into a parking spot marked out on the floor in yellow tape and shuts down the repulsors as the ship's loading doors close.  Hopping out, Daeg heads to the back of the truck and opens the back door.

"We're here and it looks like we're alone," he says.  "I have to go warm up the engines and file my 'flight plan'," he uses air quotes around the words, "with the control tower.  Why don't you guys come on out and make yourselves at home?"

That said, the big Corellian heads off to the bridge.

Hospital: Metzz checks in at the front desk and heads back to ICU.  While the majority of the patients, doctors, and visitors to the hospital are the native Ocsinins, Metzz is hardly given a second glance by most of them.

Splynn's room is just how Metzz remembers it.  And, given its clean, spartan nature he knows the Exec--who is used to surrounding himself with opulence--must be hating every second he has to spend in the antiseptic hellhole.

In fact, he doesn't look very happy when Metzz enters the room.  Of course, with all the monitoring devices, IV drips, and the bulky, intrusive breathing machine he's strapped to, that's not much of a surprise, either.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 41 posts
 It's just business...
Fri 25 May 2012
at 12:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I didn't call you," Splynn rasps, his voice muffled and inhuman sounding through the respirator.  "Is something wrong?"
Metzz
 player, 58 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 25 May 2012
at 13:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz will talk cryptically, so as to not blow the whole gaff!

"Good to see you too sir.  The situation has escalated rapidly.  It's all in the open now and we have to move on, so I came to sat goodbye.
Your friends from the Company will be here soon.  They wish to bring you back into the fold, out of the cold, away from your enemies.
The rest of us have had our contracts terminated you see, and may not see you for quite some time.  I hope you understand sir.

Is there anything you would like me to pass on to the Captain perhaps?"

While he was talking, Metzz placed himself between Splynn and the security camera.  He was typing onto a datapad the whole time,
detailing exactly what had happened [Sparks, Granger, and Kol et al.]  Concealed from the camera by his body, Metzz held the datapad
so Splynn could read it from his prone position.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 624 posts
Fri 25 May 2012
at 16:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice shakes his head.  "We're staying in here until we're atmospheric.  Just in case..."

He shrugs and goes to the interior door control.  "It's not comfortable, but it's safe.  Yes, I'm paranoid, but for good reason.  When Stoo sends our coordinates, we'll come out."
Arbiter
 GM, 1517 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 28 May 2012
at 00:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hospital: Splynn takes a moment to process the information, then nods in understanding.  "Well, I'm sad to see you go.  You've all been valuable employees.  But contracts aren't permanent for a reason.  I hope you and the others find your fortunes elsewhere.  I trust my arrangements will still be met?  I'd hate to think the Company would interfere in my affairs..."

Ship: Daeg get underway quickly.  Since he's abandoning several of co-workers by taking their ride, he's eager to get up and away without delay.  After a few minutes he comes back to the main hold and lets you know the ship's out of the atmosphere.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 625 posts
Tue 29 May 2012
at 14:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice tosses Daeg his comm as he climbs out of the truck.

"Monitor this frequency, and direct reception at the spaceport.  Hopefully we won't have to wait long."
Arbiter
 GM, 1518 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 May 2012
at 20:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Ship: It doesn't take long for Wa Stoo to make contact.  "Ehhh, Delroi, ya made it!" the Duros crows enthusiastically.  "What I hear, there's some not so pleasant individuals looking for you, my friend.  But don't worry, I got too much money riding on this deal to sell you out.  This time."

Was that a joke?  It sounded like a joke.  But...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 626 posts
Wed 30 May 2012
at 21:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice shakes his head and makes a rude gesture at the comm, but otherwise replies cheerfully.  "It's all business, Stoo, let's try to make the most of it.  Now if you would be so kind, we'll hyper out as soon as you send those coords.  I feel a little out in the open here."
Arbiter
 GM, 1519 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 May 2012
at 21:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I don't blame you one bit," Stoo replies.  "Sending the coords now."  Sure enough, the freighter's nav computer begins chattering a moment alter as it starts to digest the information sent from the surface.  "You better get moving, Delroi.  My friends, they don't like to stay in one place very long, as you can imagine.  And remember," his voice turns darker, much more serious, "You bring me my cut or these bounty hunters doggin' your trail will be the least of your worries, understood?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 627 posts
Wed 30 May 2012
at 21:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'm telling you Stoo, that's not how I operate, and I am to prove it to you.  I'll contact you as soon as were back and safely down."
Arbiter
 GM, 1521 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 31 May 2012
at 15:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"All right, see you when you get back.  With my money." Stoo cuts the line.

Daeg calls Roice to the bridge, "Make sure the navicomp is ready, will ya?  This thing's not easy to fly with just one guy."

OOC: Haskel, A'den you're free to move about the cabin, now. ;)

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:27, Thu 31 May 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 728 posts
Thu 31 May 2012
at 19:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret jumps down from the truck and walks to the bridge.

"Daeg, does this ship have any weapons systems?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 628 posts
Thu 31 May 2012
at 22:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice initializes the navicomputer and starts inputting the coordinates.

(OOC: I'll take 10.  I MEAN, I'll study and prepare.)
Metzz
 player, 59 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 31 May 2012
at 22:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Arbiter:
Hospital: Splynn takes a moment to process the information, then nods in understanding.  "Well, I'm sad to see you go.  You've all been valuable employees.  But contracts aren't permanent for a reason.  I hope you and the others find your fortunes elsewhere.  I trust my arrangements will still be met?  I'd hate to think the Company would interfere in my affairs..."

"I am going on an indefinate sabbatical sir.  My position is not under threat yet, but that may change at my next appraisal.
You may contact me at any time sir, on the usual frequency.  In the mean time I promise to protect your interests to the best of my abilities.
It there anything you would like to pass on to the Crew before I leave?"

Arbiter
 GM, 1522 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 23:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Ship: Daeg points Haskel to the gunner's station.  "Guns are there, such as they are..." he says.  The ship has minimal, factory default weaponry that consists of a single laser turret on top of the flight section.  This leaves the cargo container woefully undefended.

After a moment to familiarize himself with the system, Roice is prepared to attempt to astronavigate.

OOC: Stats for the gun:
Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 1D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D


Hospital: Splynn thinks for a moment, then shrugs, "Tell them not to get their asses shot off," he wheezes.  "I might still have work for them some day."

Outside in the parking garage, Chomper is getting bored.  When Chomper gets bored, bad things happen to objects (or small Aleena) around him.
Metzz
 player, 60 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 14:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hospital:

"Very well sir.  I hope to see you soon." Metzz leaves his patron and master lying there.

Metzz keeps his eye, ears, and antennae open as he returns to the speeder.

15:39, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,5,3. Perception.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 629 posts
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 15:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice inputs the coordinates and runs the lane calculator.

You rolled 10 using 4d6 ((3,2,1,4)).

How far is the jump?

Harry Selous
 player, 537 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 18:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry patted chomper on the back, trying to calm the sand slasher down a bit. There wasn't much he could do except maybe take the predator on a walk, but he didn't really want to get out of the speeder if he didn't have to.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 16 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 6,2,6. animal training to calm chomper
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. animal training wild die.
total = 17

Arbiter
 GM, 1527 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 19:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Ship: Course is correct and laid in (it's odd dealing with a navicomp that actually works for a change).  The jump's about a day outside the borders of the Corporate Sector with the Wayfarer's Class 2.0 hyperdrive.  Fortunately, the ship's a bit better equipped for travel than the Gamma you'd been running short jobs in.  At least you won't have to camp out on a bare metal floor.

Hospital: Metzz takes his leave of Assistant Vice-Prex Splynn, having received his surreptitious orders to lay low for now and not create too many waves.

As he nears the ICU exit he catches a glimpse of something in his peripheral vision.  A fleeting glimpse of a wide-brimmed hat.

But then, all of the sudden, an alarm sounds and medical personnel start scurrying about, dragging large pieces of equipment towards one of the room while someone shouts, "CODE BLUE!" over the intercom.  The Verpine is so confused by the chaos that he loses sight of what he thought he saw.

Outside in the speeder, as if reading Selous' mind and hearing him think the word "walk", Chomper starts whimpering and scratching at the door, leaving deep scratches on the panel.
Harry Selous
 player, 538 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 00:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Alright alright ya mangy beast." Harry said, checking the chain leash to ensure it's security before opening the door. He gripped the chain tightly, wrapping a portion of it around his forearm.

"Bulyip, stay here. Don't touch anything." He said as he left the rifles behind in the speeder and shut the door. As he started trying to walk the anxious beast around, he tucked Bola's pistol in to his belt. He wasn't going to carry any of the illegal weaponry, but he'd be damned if he was going anywhere unarmed for the rest of his life.
Arbiter
 GM, 1528 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 00:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Like you need anything else carrying Bola's hand cannon? ;)
Roice Delfinn
 player, 630 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 14:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Course laid in, motivators charged.  Ready to jump hyper at your leisure, Daeg."

Roice can't help but sneak a paranoid look at the short-range scanners.
Bulyip
 player, 150 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 02:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Nodding his long cranium up and down, Bulyip agrees, "Bulyip not touch anything."

Alone, the Aleena goes to the window, watching Chomper and Selous heading off.
Metzz
 player, 61 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 07:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz uses the "Code Blue" as a distraction to get out the hospital as  quickly and camly.

<Comlink>
"I'm coming out.  ETD 2 minutes."
Arbiter
 GM, 1530 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 17:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hospital: Metzz hurries back to the parking garage as Selous begrudgingly takes Chomper for walkies.  Bulyip stays behind on lookout.


Ship: The scanners don't show anything suspicious as Daeg jumps the freighter to lightspeed and on in to hyperspace.

OOC: It'll take about a week to reach the destination, a rendezvous in the outer reaches of the Almanian System.
Garret Haskel
 player, 729 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 20:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret spends the week (when not with the others on board) going through his usual exercises, mostly to stay sharp and in practice; also to pass time as there isn't really much to do.
Arbiter
 GM, 1544 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 16:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Chomper leaps at the chance to stretch his legs.  Literally.  The sandslasher drags Selous out of the speeder and starts eagerly scrambling around, sniffing at the parked speeders and other vehicles.

He "marks his territory" on several vehicles as he hauls Selous along.
Harry Selous
 player, 539 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 16:53
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry didn't mind much as chomper relieved himself on the other vehicles. All Harry needed was for Chomper to remain under a modicum of control. After all, it wasn't as though some civilian was going to walk up to Harry and the sand slasher and complain.

He kept Chomper on a relatively short leash to ensure that he didn't attack anyone, and tried to keep the just less then wild animal from wandering to far from the speeder.
Arbiter
 GM, 1545 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 19:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The scaly repto-mammal continues to drag Selous along on his quest to explore this new environment.  Chomper's so busy sniffing at everything in creation and Selous is so busy trying to keep the animal from pulling him off his feet, that neither of them realize they've been surrounded until it's too late.

"Stun him!" someone shouts from the shadows.

A pair of stun bolts follow close behind.

"And knock out that damn monster, too!"

A third bolt heads for Chomper.

One of the bolts goes wide, but both Selous and Chomper are hit by a bolt each.

OOC: Since you were ambushed, you lose your action and can't dodge the shot.  Roll STR to resist being stunned.

Metzz: Just as you step out of the elevator back into the parking structure you hear blaster fire ahead.
Harry Selous
 player, 540 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 20:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry looked up just in time to see the stun bolts coming toward him, but not soon enough to avoid the incapacitating weapons fire.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,5,3. strength against stun.
Harry Selous rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. cp for strength against stun.
Harry Selous rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. cp wild die roll.
total = 20

Arbiter
 GM, 1547 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 21:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Damn you people and your unblasterableness! >_<
Metzz
 player, 65 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 18:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz slips out the lift and takes cover behind a suitable SUV Repulsor.  Using ALL his senses he weighs the situation before him.

19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,4,4. Perception.
19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. wild die.
19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. wild die.  Total = 22.

Bulyip
 player, 151 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 02:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 1549 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 16:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous and Chomper are both tagged by stun bolts, but the two tough individuals manage to shake off the effect easily. (Dagnabit! >_<)

The mystery attackers seem undaunted by this, not retreating (but also not coming into view, so Selous still has no idea who they are).

Metzz seeks cover as soon as he hears the shots.  While he's unable to see who's attacking (the fight's happening deeper in the parking structure), he can easily "smell" quick-pulse signals bouncing back and forth amongst several individual sources.  Most likely comms.  But encrypted, so the Verpine can't "hear" what they're saying.

Then, to everyone's complete and utter surprise, the roar of a ridiculously over-powered blaster rips through the air.  One of the lurking attackers cries out in pain and surprise, falling forward out of the shadows and into the light.

Selous can now see that at least this one is a Ocsinin--the native near-humans of Farana--and that he's also very dead.  From a huge, smoking blast hit on his back.


OOC: And now that nobody's got any surprise left, it's time for actual combat to begin.

Init order
Bulyip
Chomper
Metzz
Attackers
Selous

Metzz
 player, 66 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 21:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Guided by the signal strength triangulations Metzz moves towards the dead mook carefully.
He hopes to retrieve his weapon and join the party.  While listening, Metzz attempts to decypher the comm's

22:22, Today: Metzz rolled 24 using 5d6 with rolls of 5,5,4,5,5. Comm's.
Harry Selous
 player, 541 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 02:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry began to drag Chomper back toward the speeder they had ridden here in. He couldn't see any of his attackers, and he didn't have any idea whatsoever who might have killed one, but he knew it was best to avoid situations in which people were being killed by beings other then himself.
Bulyip
 player, 152 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 03:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 1553 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 16:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Chaos ensues.

Bulyip: From your hiding spot, you fire another blast from your borrowed hand cannon.  Another attacker cries out and drops.

Chomper is having none of this "dragging back to the speeder" business.  He roars in anger at getting stung and leaps off in the direction of his attacker.  The leash is ripped out of Selous' hand as the Sandslasher takes off into the shadows.  There are several panicked shouts followed by more Sandslasher bellows.

Metzz: Your natural telecommunication ability is limited to sending and receiving, not decrypting.  You'd need actual electronic equipment (or the right cybernetic implants *hint hint*) to accomplish this.

You are able to move closer to where the fighting is.  You spot Bulyip hiding behind a parked speeder as the little Aleena hops out, fires off another shot form the massive blaster he's carrying then ducks back under cover.

You'll reach the dead guy next round.

Any attempt the enemy might have thought about making towards attacking Selous are interrupted as Chomper goes on a rampage.  The remaining attackers scatter, leaping out of their hiding places to try to get away from the crazed monster in their midst.  Two of the four men (all Ocsinin) try to fire at Chomper, weapons still set to stun, but they miss.

For his part, Chomper hasn't managed to eat anyone's face yet, either.

Selous: Would you like to revise your action or are you still heading back to the speeder?
Roice Delfinn
 player, 633 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 20:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Back on Daeg's ship, Roice shakes off an involuntary shudder, and thinks to himself, Boy, I sure hope everything hasn't gone to hell back on Farana.
Harry Selous
 player, 542 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 03:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry Dumped himself behind the nearest speeder as Chomper took off running. He drew his heavy pistol and grinned as he pulled himself from cover to fire at the Ocsinians, bent on burning holes through their chests.

OOC - drawing and firing, two actions, no roll for drawing, so firing is -1D
Also, the original roll was wrong. Ignore it.

Harry Selous rolled 17 using 5d6 with rolls of 4,4,3,2,4. Correct Blast em!

Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 2,6,2,5,6,1. Blaster damage.


Metzz
 player, 67 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 13:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz keeps his head down and scurries over to the nearest dead mook.
He'll relieve him of his weapon while avoiding Chompers, as the sandslasher routes the attackers!

"Let's go!  Get in the Speeder!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1556 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 23 Jun 2012
at 19:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Both Bulyip and Selous manage to hit two more of the remaining attackers, but their comrades keep the injured men from falling and they all run off, Chomper hot on their heels.

Metzz arms himself (most likely unnecessarily now) and hunkers down behind cover, as he urges the others to make a run for it.

And it's good advice, as sirens and shouting can already be heard coming from outside the parking structure.

OOC: The fight's over (for now).  The remaining guys have run off (and so has Chomper).  From the sounds of it, the police are on their way (not surprising since you engaged in a firefight next to a hospital in the heart of a major metropolitan area)...
Harry Selous
 player, 543 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 23 Jun 2012
at 21:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"You get in the speeder and try to follow them. I'm going after Chomper!" Harry shouted at the pair of companions before he took off running after the attackers and his pet.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 22 using 4d6 with rolls of 5,6,6,5. Running.
Bulyip
 player, 153 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 26 Jun 2012
at 02:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Breathing a very deep sigh of relief, Bulyip doesn't need a second invitation to head back to the safety of the speeder. He'll turn around, and race to get back there first. Blaster rifle bouncing along with him as he runs holding it two handed style.
Arbiter
 GM, 1571 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 29 Jun 2012
at 15:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Okay, so I guess Metzz is headed back to the speeder, then?

Metzz and Bulyip scramble back into the speeder while Selous takes off after Chomper.

As the Verpine climbs into the driver's seat and starts up the speeder, the bounty hunter comes round a ferrocrete pylon and pulls up short.

Those sirens that were getting louder?  They're here now.

Police speeders crowd the ramp leading out of the parking structure.  Officers start piling out of the vehicles, blasters drawn.

The Ocsinin Selous and Chomper were chasing have stopped running and thrown their hands up in surrender.

Chomper, on the other hand...

The Sandslasher roars and leaps at one of the officers, teeth and claws bared to do lethal damage.

The four stun bolts he takes to the face dissuade him, forcibly, from following through.

The animal collapses at the feet of the police as they move to apprehend the Ocsinin.
Metzz
 player, 68 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 3 Jul 2012
at 09:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz throttles up the Repulsor, swinging the vehicle round towards the Police on foot.
"I'll swing the car round!  Get the Dog inside QUICK!"
Metzz aims straight at the police on foot, as fast as she'll go!  He hopes to force them to scatter, then handbrake turn round by Chomper!

10:45, Today: Metzz rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 5,2,6. Repulsor Op.
Harry Selous
 player, 546 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 3 Jul 2012
at 16:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry moved toward the police, holstering his blaster. He'd try to reach Chomper so that when the bug brought the speeder around he could throw the animal inside without having to run through a hail of blaster bolts.

"Hey, officers, that's my pet there! These guys started shooting in the middle of the parking lot, and he charged off to protect me. Take it easy on the little guy." Harry called as he stepped toward his animal.
Bulyip
 player, 154 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 7 Jul 2012
at 12:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"This can't be too good. How do we talk our way out of this one?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1577 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 7 Jul 2012
at 15:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous pops out of hiding and calmly approaches the scene, trying to reclaim his pet.

Further back in the parking area, Metzz guns the accelerator and the speeder tears off towards the exit.

Bulyip is left little time to muse on the situation at hand as chaos ensues.

The police are just bringing their blasters up to aim at Selous when the speeder comes roaring around the corner.  The men shout in surprise and dive out of the way as the Verpine slews the vehicle to a stop and kicks open the door.

In the process of coming to a halt, Metzz manages to clip two of the men who were attacking them previously, sending them flying.  it's unclear what their condition is upon landing...

OOC: Selous: Roll Str to toss Chomper into the speeder and Dex to dive in yourself.  This is two actions, so -1D to each roll.
Metzz
 player, 69 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 7 Jul 2012
at 17:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz barks at Bulyip, who often seems to respond to direct instruction  "HELP HIM!"

OOC - Can Metzz adjust the altitude of this crate from the dash?  I wanna go over stuff, even under stuff if need be.
Metzz plans on doing a James Bond style vehicular escape here, getting our arses safely out!


As soon as the Hunter and the Beast are in, Metzz will open up the throttle and drive like a insect possessed to the alternate exit!

18:34, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,2,1. Repulsor Op.
18:34, Today: Metzz rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. wild die.  TOTAL = 13.

Arbiter
 GM, 1578 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 7 Jul 2012
at 21:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Unfortunately, this is a speeder, not a swoop or speeder bike.  It doesn't fly, it floats.  There's not a lot you can do altitude-wise.  For all intents and purposes you're driving a car.  You can only change your altitude by using something to jump off of.

On the plus side, since this is a repulsorlift GEV you can use just about anything you can get under the repulsor pad as a ramp.

Harry Selous
 player, 548 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 8 Jul 2012
at 03:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC- usin my phone. Post may suck. Also, forgot to minus 1d on my first rolls, so it's the second rolls in the dice log that are correct.

IC- Harry gripped chomper around his midriff and attempted to chuck the sandslasherin to the speeder, attempting to get himself inside at the same time.



OOC - hary rolled a total of 12 for tossing chomper, using two cps
Harry rolled a total of 17 for dex using two cps, one of which rolled wild.
Arbiter
 GM, 1580 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 8 Jul 2012
at 17:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous grabs the limp, heavy form of Chomper and hurls him into the open speeder door.  He follows close behind, diving in as Metzz tears off towards the alternate exit.

The police are slow to respond to the action, only a few belated blaster bolts firing after (and missing) the departing speeder.

But the escape is hardly over with.  The exit is on the other side of the parking structure and Metzz will have to weave his way through the ferrocrete pillars, parked vehicles, and occasional shocked pedestrian to get clear.

OOC: Metzz, give me another Rep Op roll, por favor.

Bulyip
 player, 156 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 9 Jul 2012
at 01:32
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"You made it!" bulyip says to Selous. Quite glad to see the two inside, and that action is going to rule the day rather than words, Bulyip says to Metzz, "You should go now, he's in!"
Metzz
 player, 70 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 9 Jul 2012
at 08:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Shuddup, I'm listening!" Metzz was trying to locate the police blockades by triangulating comlink transmissions.
To do this he had to listen intently and not get asked stupid questions by lizards...  It shouldn't be difficult given the current situation.

He then opened the throttle up full, dumped the clutch, and explored the cars design parameters!

09:10, Today: Metzz rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,3,1. Repulsor Op.
09:11, Today: Metzz rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. wild die.
09:11, Today: Metzz rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. wild die.  TOTAL = 18.

Arbiter
 GM, 1585 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 02:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Multi-tasking's a bit difficult as Metzz drives the speeder through the tight confines of the parking structure.  Of course he detects comm signals, but can't filter anything specific out of the ambient radio noise.

Selous secures himself and Chomper's still-unconscious form and Bulyip hangs on for dear life as the speeder slaloms and dodges towards the far exit.

Beyond all expectations, the Verpine manages to avoid hitting anything or anyone on his way out (although he does clip the bumper on a support column).

The exit looms ahead and for a moment it appears as if the trio is in the clear.  But there's a flickering of multi-colored emergency lights on the periphery of the square of light marking the way out.  The police are closing in.
Harry Selous
 player, 549 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 10:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry grabbed one of the grenades he brought with them and prepped to drop it. As the speeder cleared the exit, he'd toss it out the back to keep the rear cops off their tale. He could also use others if the police for e one the other side of the exit got to close for comfort.


OOC - not sure if I need to roll anything to drop a grenade.
Arbiter
 GM, 1587 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 15:16
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: You're going to have to roll to attack, basically.  Because there's always a chance you could screw up and end up with a live grenade landing at your feet.
Harry Selous
 player, 550 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 13 Jul 2012
at 14:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
-- GM POST --

Harry activates the grenade and waits until the speeder is flying out the exit to toss it.  He slams the speeder door shut.

OOC: DUH!  he's having internet problems...  I need to keep a spreadsheet or something...

09:47, Today: Arbiter rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 4,3,3,3. grenade.

Arbiter
 GM, 1589 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 13 Jul 2012
at 14:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The speeder, under Metzz's harried control, rockets out of the parking structure mere seconds before a trio of police cruisers move to block the exit.

Selous tosses out his grenade behind and it detonates right underneath one of the cruisers as they swing around to pursue.  The vehicle is flipped up and back by the concussion, crashing into the police speeder behind it.

But two of the police vehicles continue to pursue.

The city street is crowded with traffic and pedestrians, creating a harrowing obstacle course of objects, people, and droids to have to navigate around.

OOC: We're in action movie car chase mode, people!

Metzz, give me a Rep Op roll and a Dex check to handle driving and not killing anybody while you're doing it.  No multi-action penalty.

And, as a friend, I recommend dumping some points into Rep Op next time I hand out CP. ;)

Metzz
 player, 71 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 13 Jul 2012
at 18:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz throws the Repulsor Car about like a toy, mounting the sidewalk, swerving in and out oncoming traffic,
even crossing a padestrian plaza!  Anything to keep the cops one step behind.

18:49, Today: Metzz rolled 9,12 using 3d6,3d6 with rolls of 2,4,3;4,6,2. Repulsor Op; DEX.

Burn CP to increase Rep Ops. 18:51, Today: Metzz rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. CP.

Rep Ops = 14; DEX = 12.

Bulyip
 player, 158 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 13 Jul 2012
at 23:37
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Hmmm, Bulyip see more giving chase. Do more! Toss another grenade. Maybe let Bulyip drive. Bulyip excellent driver, yea, excellent driver." He says while they continue to attempt their getaway.
Harry Selous
 player, 552 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 14 Jul 2012
at 03:37
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry made to toss a grenade, fumbling about as the speeder's erratic maneuvers slung the trio about.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled a thirteen using one cp and with a critical failure of 1
Arbiter
 GM, 1595 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 16 Jul 2012
at 22:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Selous get the grenade out the door, but it fails to detonate.

Metzz manages (barely) to avoid hitting anything or anyone.  The pursuing police, trained to drive in such conditions, aren't shaken by the Verpine's attempts at evasive maneuvers.

Things look like they're about to get even dicier as traffic ahead has slowed to a crawl.  Speeders and other vehicles are clogged in gridlock.

OOC: You're about to hit a traffic jam (perhaps literally).  Think fast!
Metzz
 player, 73 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 19:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz thinks fast!  He swerves wildly infront of the braking traffic, and pops a handbrake turn.  Even as the poor civillians fish-tail, Metzz throtles up, crosses the highway and merges with the oncoming traffic leaving the accidsent behind him. "Shoot the Coppers!"

18:51, Today: Metzz rolled 12 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,6,2. Repulsor Op.
19:50, Today: Metzz rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. wild die.  TOTAL = 17.

Arbiter
 GM, 1597 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 21:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz is able (barely) to slew the speeder off onto a less-crowded side-street.  There a horrible crashing sound behind as one of the police speeders doesn't react in time and runs into the traffic jam--literally.

But the remaining speeder stays on your tail.

Several blaster bolts lance past from behind.  It's obvious that the cops aren't treating you with kid gloves any longer.

OOC: Rep Op roll, por favor.  Also, Chomper is starting to come around.
Bulyip
 player, 159 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 20 Jul 2012
at 03:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"There still one following us, an they're shooting! Try going faster! " Bulyip says so that everyone is sure what is going on. The small reptilian seems pretty worked up, jumping around to look forward, backward, and back again.

"Toss another grenade!"
Harry Selous
 player, 553 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 23 Jul 2012
at 17:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
After his previous fumble with the grenades, Harry was hesitant to use any more, but at Bulyip's insistence, and with the persistent pursuit from the authorities, he decided it was time to go for broke. He opened the hatch and attempted to toss out a third grenade.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 17 using 4d6 with rolls of 5,2,4,6. Grenade throw.
Metzz
 player, 74 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 25 Jul 2012
at 08:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz was becoming more used to the operational parameters of this repulsor car now, weaving and jinking the thing about.

09:50, Today: Metzz rolled 15 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,3,6. Repulsor Op.
09:50, Today: Metzz rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. wild die. TOTAL = 17.

Arbiter
 GM, 1608 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 27 Jul 2012
at 05:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz slews the speeder down an alley.  The pursuing police swoop in behind, just in time for Selous to drop another grenade out the door.  There's nowhere for the police speeder to dodge in the narrow confines of the alleyway, so it catches the full explosion right beneath its repulsorpad.

The detonation catapults the vehicle several meters into the air.  Needless to say, it's in no condition to pursue once it lands.

It would seem that, for now, you're in the clear.  There's no immediate sign of pursuit as Metzz pilots out of the alley and back onto the main city streets.

However, people outside are running and panicking from the explosion, so it's not like things are exactly back to normal, either...
Bulyip
 player, 160 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 27 Jul 2012
at 05:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Bulyip not see anyone chase us. Captain Bulyip think we doing better now!"

Slipping back into his seat in a seated position, the Aleena breathes out a little from relief.
Chomper
 NPC, 4 posts
 Grrrr...
Sat 28 Jul 2012
at 15:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Chomper comes to shortly after, snarling and grumbling as he shakes his head to clear it of cobwebs.

He whips his head around in angry confusion, snarling viciously, until he catches sight of Selous.  The Sandslasher pounces on his master, happily butting his head against Selous in one of his few non-violent displays of affection.
Bulyip
 player, 161 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 04:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Maybe we should head back to base? Nothing to follow us back there now? The Aleena asks to brake the silence.
Arbiter
 GM, 1615 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 15:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: pokes Selous and/or Metzz.
Harry Selous
 player, 555 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 18:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry patted chomper on the head, smiling.

"Take us home Mettz. We'll probably have to change the paint job on this baby when we get back though." he said
Metzz
 player, 75 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 20:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz slows down and takes in nice and easy back to the hanger, keeping his ears peeled on the Police channel.

21:08, Today: Metzz rolled 13 using 5d6 with rolls of 2,5,2,3,1. Comm's.
Arbiter
 GM, 1617 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 6 Aug 2012
at 16:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz heads towards the edge of town, trying to keep a low profile and drive casual.  Several times, emergency vehicles race past in the opposite direction, sirens blaring.  But none of them seem to take notice of the speeder.

There's something to be said for riding in a generic old jalopy...

The emergency band is buzzing like an angry hornet's nest, including several BOLO's for the speeder.  It seems that the local authorities have taken a rather dim view to the whole "speeder chase with grenade detonations on crowded public streets" thing.
Bulyip
 player, 162 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 03:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Sitting in the speeder, Bulyip is getting antsy. He's looking to getting out of it once they are back. He is going around the speeder from window to window to see if anything is following them, or something to keep his eyes out for.

Finally he says, "Me bored. We should find a cantina and stop for a drink. Me buying."
Harry Selous
 player, 556 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 04:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"As much as I'd like a free drink, I'm not sure stopping for booze is the best idea so recently after blowing so many cop cars straight to poodoo. We'll get some drinks later, alright little fella?" Harry said as he patted Chomper on the head and waited for the speeder to get back to the hanger.
Bulyip
 player, 163 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 06:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Wrinkling his nose and snorting, Bulyip says, "Well then, you're buying the next round when we get to cantina some day."
Metzz
 player, 76 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 09:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Cops are putting roadblocks down and sending flyers up.  We need to ditch the vehicle and walk back.  I'll get us as close as I can."

Metzz listens intently to the police channel, trying to locate the roadblocks by landmarks and signal strength.
He will get them as close as possible

09:59, Today: Metzz rolled 13 using 5d6 with rolls of 6,1,2,2,2. Comm's.
09:59, Today: Metzz rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. wild die.  TOTAL = 17


"Look out for a tunnel or underpass!  We need to dump the car!"
Arbiter
 GM, 1621 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 13:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Everyone make a Streetwise (KNO) roll
Bulyip
 player, 164 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 14:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Looking out the windows still, having Mettzz tell him about flyers has the Aleena looking up in the air instantly. "Do you think they are looking for a speeder with Chomper in it?"
Harry Selous
 player, 557 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 20:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry kept his eye out for a ditch spot, but he wasn't sure that would be enough. Chomper had made a relatively public appearance a short while ago, and sand slashers weren't exactly common around here. There was also no way in creation that he was going to leave his pet behind. This meant that the best place for them would be a hiding spot, not a place to ditch the speeder.



OOC - You rolled 13 using 3d6+1 ((4,6,2)).

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Fri 10 Aug 2012.

Metzz
 player, 77 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 01:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz is trying too hard drive, listen, observe, and think to process everything correctly.

02:10, Today: Metzz rolled 11 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 1,3,5. Streetwise.
Arbiter
 GM, 1625 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 17 Aug 2012
at 14:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz swings off into a rough part of town, run down buildings, trash strewn and piled about.  He's too focused on listening for signs of pursuit to watch for a ditching spot, but Bulyip and Selous both spot likely places.

Bulyip points out an apparently abandoned building whose loading bay door is either open or gone.  The warehouse space beyond is dark and empty.

Selous sees a nearby alleyway that is concealed from view from above by the overhanging rooflines of the surrounding buildings.
Harry Selous
 player, 558 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 09:53
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Mettz, there in that alley. We can park there for a while and be unseen by any ships that cruise by overhead." Harry said, pointing toward the alley. He wouldn't leave chomper, but if they could park  till the heat was of them, they could drive back later.
Bulyip
 player, 166 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 21 Aug 2012
at 02:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Opening his mouth, Bulyip was about to mention the warehouse, but Harry saw an alley that he thought was good enough. Leaving it be, the Aleena doesn't worry about pointing out a second hiding spot.

"Hurry!"
Metzz
 player, 78 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 21 Aug 2012
at 08:37
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz swings into the alley in the shady overhung area and drops the anchors.
"Quiet please while I listen..."

Metzz focusses on the Security chatter.
09:36, Today: Metzz rolled 20 using 5d6 with rolls of 4,5,3,5,3. Comm's.
Arbiter
 GM, 1633 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 21 Aug 2012
at 15:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz turns off into the alley and shuts the speeder down.  A signal on the security band he's been "hearing" passes by, but doesn't linger.  It dopplers off into the distance, leaving the area clear of transmission for now.
Harry Selous
 player, 562 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 24 Aug 2012
at 17:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"So," Harry said before pausing for a moment, "Nap? Naptime in the speeder while we wait for the heat to die down?"
Bulyip
 player, 167 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 25 Aug 2012
at 04:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip offers, "You nap, me go look around. Check an see if we safe."

The Aleena checks his pockets, making sure all is well, and tucked in. With his blaster tucked in his holster, Bulyip grabs the door handle, opens the door, and looks out, seeing what he can see down both ends of the alley.
Arbiter
 GM, 1638 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 25 Aug 2012
at 13:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Bulyip: The alley appears clear, except for all the trash strewn around.  You can hear sirens--lots and lots of sirens--off in the distance.  But none of them seem to be coming closer to your current location.
Metzz
 player, 80 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 10:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"What the frak was that!  Who were those guys?"
Harry Selous
 player, 565 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 11:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Probably bounty hunters, followed by cops, probably followed by swat teams of some sort." Harry said as he leaned back in his seat, patted chomper on the head, and closed his eyes.
Arbiter
 GM, 1644 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 21:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: TIMESKIP

The brief respite from pursuit doesn't last.  Thanks to Selous'... liberal use of military grade explosives, it becomes quickly apparent that the local authorities aren't going to just get bored and go home.

By the time the sun starts to set, the patrol sirens and questing beams of light from overhead police craft are getting uncomfortably close.  With no other option left, the group is forced to abandon the speeder and try to sneak out of town on foot.

This is made easier by the encroaching darkness, which gives them plenty of shadowy places to skulk and hide.  It's also helpful that, as yet, it seems that the authorities aren't exactly sure who they're looking for.

On at least on occasion it seems like the jig is up when Bulyip wanders out into the street to pick up something shiny he sees in the road.  Out of seemingly nowhere, a Faranan policeman on a swoop dives down out of the sky to land in front of the little Aleena.  Though terrified, Bulyip manages to bluff his way out of the encounter and the officer moves on.  He later tells the other that all the cop wanted to know is if he'd seen any strange or dangerous looking characters lurking around the area.

So, in that fashion--sticking to alleyways and shadows and using Bulyip as a decoy--the group manages to make it beyond the city limits.

Several hours later, they return--exhausted, dirty, and nerve-wracked--to Doc's shipyard.

The weathered old mechanic is less than happy to see them, letting them know in no uncertain terms that they are to go to their ships and stay there until he tells them they're allowed to come out.  It seems that he's had to endure yet another round of harassment as authorities were combing the area for the mad bombers that caused such terror and damage to the downtown area.

Once he's read them the riot act for their careless disregard for public safety and their own status as wanted fugitives, he doesn't have another word to say to them.  He gets back to work on the ships alongside his droids and Q7.

And thus begins the longest week of their lives.  Essentially, they've been sent to their rooms and aren't allowed to come out.  So, all three (and the increasingly restless Chomper) are stuck on the Tracker trying to find some way to pass the time.

OOC: Any attempts to leave are blocked by forceful, if apologetic, heavy-lifting droids who prove quite good at keeping you all from exiting the ship.
Bulyip
 player, 169 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 23:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip does get bus with finding and making a new area on the ship to call his own. He'd prefer some place that is not so easy for big folks to come in and find him. So any access shafts, air ducts or maintenance tunnels would be his preference.

Bulyip will probably start to make up his own games, such as hand puppet drama, and copy cat, which is him mimicking everything around him from droids sounds, to other characters conversations.
Harry Selous
 player, 566 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 02:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry derped about the ship, training Chomper as much as he could, cleaning his weaponry, telling Bulyip to stop copying all the noises in the area, and "being in his bunk".
Metzz
 player, 81 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 09:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz will use his skills to expedite the flight readiness of the Tracker, working ceaselessly with Doc if allowed.
Arbiter
 GM, 1650 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 12 Sep 2012
at 14:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip: There's a space underneath the stairs leading from the upper deck in the ship's neck that is a perfect place for you to "nest".  Any time you try to nap in an access shaft, a droid comes along and rousts you out or Doc, grumbling about how he's got work to do, drags you out by the scruff of the neck.

Selous: Chomper is really coming along in his training.  He almost never bites you without warning anymore and only eats the arms off one of Doc's Treadwells.

Metzz: While sticking firm to his policy on the group's being sent to their room, Doc is obviously grateful for the help.  He sets you to work on the important task of rewiring and rebuilding the bridge stations.

You can't help but be disgusted at how much trouble the previous comm tech is making for you with all the hare-brained cross-patching and rewiring in the communications panel.  It takes you longer to unsnarl that mess than it does installing the ship's brand new navicomp.


Meanwhile, you all get to meet the rebuilt and "upgraded" Q7.  And what an upgrade it is!

His repulsor was destroyed, meaning the little flying robot would have been permanently grounded.  But the plan he came up with and that Aggie had halfway finished before parting ways with the group was ingenious.  Using the parts from the two battle droids that had been salvaged during the shootout at the impound lot (lo those many moons ago), the Twi'lek had managed to reassemble an entire battle droid body and then graft Q7's dome to its back where the original command and control pack had been.

This has created a hybrid droid that somewhat resembles a skeletal, humanoid turtle.

Q7 is in complete control, his processor serving as the motivator for the droid body.  And, as an added bonus, he is capable of using its vocalizer to speak.  So, no more relying on Chatterbox and his sometimes... "artistic" interpretations of Q7's droidspeak to communicate.

All in all, he seems happy with the rebuild.  He still has access to all his tools with the added bonus of actual hands.  He's so keen on the new form that he even has his original interface pylon on the bridge replaced with a seat so he can sit at the controls like a regular co-pilot instead of a Life Day ornament on a stick.


Chatterbox is just happy there are people on board he can talk to.  He finds Doc's labor and repair droids to be painfully dull and without Q7 to translate for, he hasn't had a lot to do.  He spends a lot of time talking (and arguing) with Metzz as the Verpine works on the bridge.  The droid nitpicks and fusses over the placement of the controls, trying to get the tech to go for a more "aesthetic" design.

Metzz shuts off his speaker on the bridge more than once...

But, he's also very helpful to the tech.  He is able to verify computer connections, test comm gear as its brought online, and--with the greater amount of integration he's given into the ship's systems--get a feel for how the overall refit is going and report back if anything seems misaligned or not properly connected.
Arbiter
 GM, 1683 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 21:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
It's been a long week for the group that remained behind on Farana.  True to his word, Doc enforces the quarantine for the entire time.  Nobody is allowed to leave the Tracker the entire time.

As it turns out, this is a good thing.

Bulyip, in a boredom-induced bout of defiance, does actually manage to slip past the labor droids guarding the ship exits and get out into the main repair hangar.  As he sneaks towards the exit, he hears two voices talking.  One is Doc, the other is an unknown man.

"I told you before, I haven't seen them," Doc says in his usual disgruntled tone.  "It's been how long now?  Do you really think I could be hiding dangerous fugitives like that for this amount of time?  They blew up half of downtown, you think they're just gonna sit tight in their rooms like good little boys?"

"Be that as it may, sir," the second voice replies, "Your repair facility is still the most likely place for them to have gone and I'm going to ask you again--"

"Let me cut you off right there, son.  You got no cause, no evidence, and no warrant.  I run a clean shop, never broken any laws, and pay my taxes like any other citizen--even if I am an offworld, alien ex-pat.  My clients don't like unwanted police intrusion into their business."

"I understand, sir.  But those men are still at large and we are concerned for your safety should they return here.  I'd like to leave a few men to keep an eye on the area."

"You do whatever you like, as long as it's on the other side of the fence.  This is private property and your men aren't welcome on it."

"I understand, sir," the mystery voice replies with a sigh.  "You do understand that it's your duty as a citizen to report criminal activity in the event that you encounter them, right?"

"I know my obligations and I know my rights.  So, don't worry, if I see anything illegal going on, you'll be the first person I call.  But your men go poking where they're not wanted... again... and you'll be the second person I call, right after I get off the comm with your superiors."

This appears to be the end of the conversation, followed shortly after by the whine of a speeder engine receding off into the distance.

Bulyip chooses--wisely--to retreat back to the ship to tell the others what he heard.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, it's with great relief, a few days later, that they are informed that Roice is calling from the spaceport.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 645 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 15:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"This is Flight, I'm standing by for a secure channel."  He waits for Metzz to acknowledge.
Metzz
 player, 84 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 19:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Copy Flight, the board is green and this channel is secure.  Glad to have you back."

20:09, Today: Metzz rolled 23 using 8d6 with rolls of 1,2,6,2,6,1,3,2. Comms.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 646 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 20:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Good to be back.  How's the weather at the homestead?  We'll be coming in slow on a cargo skiff."
Bulyip
 player, 171 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 02:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip jumps up at the sound of the comm system. Bored to tears, the Aleena can't wait for them to get out of here, even off this planet before he's the first Aleena to die of boredom.

"They back?!" He asked excitedly. "Maybe they bring food?"
Bulyip
 player, 172 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 20:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip adds another question, "Ask Roice if he sorry for pointing blaster at me? Ask him. Cause it wasn't a nice thing. Friends don't point blaster at friends. Bulyip just want to know if Roice want be friends again."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 75 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 20:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Oh, Captain Delfinn, it is so good to hear your voice again!" Chatterbox interjects.  His normal chipper personality gives way to protocol droid nattering as he starts to babble across the comm channel.  If he were organic, he'd sound like he was on the verge of tears of joy.  "You have no idea what I've been going through while you were away!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 647 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 22:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
He ignores Chatterbox's complaint.  "I need a sitrep on ship repair status of the Tracker, launch readiness of all ships, and a summary of the weather outside the compound."
Arbiter
 GM, 1686 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 02:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: While the GM might not be ready with all the new deck plans and stats yet because he's a slacker, the ships themselves are good to go.
Harry Selous
 player, 573 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 06:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Not sure about all the other stuff," Harry said over the comm as he stepped on to the bridge, "but the weather sure is cloudy. No storms at the moment, but I'm sure one could come in at any time."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 649 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 15:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC- Alright, got the GM's permission here to FFW post, so I'm going to break it down heist montage-style!

"Alright, here's what's happening, everybody listen carefully.

"Pack up, and start getting all ships prepped for launch.  Q7, load in an astrogation point for rendezvous in each computer, nothing fancy, 1-2 hours out.  Send me coordinates on this secure channel when you have them.

"A'den, Haskel, and a new friend will be en route back to the hangar shortly.  As soon as you are boarded and ready, all three ships will launch simultaneously, and speed off in different directions.  I'm not sure what kind of surveillance Kol is running, or what kind of response they'll be able to muster, so don't be afraid to punch it--you'll be on your own until we rendezvous.

"Whatever you do, don't engage.  Just fly, shields at full.  Things may get... slightly
chaotic, but that's all according to plan.

"A'den will be in the Gamma, Haskel will be in the 720.  Q7 and Metzz will handle the
Tracker.  I will join you at the rendezvous point in a few hours.

"We clear?

"Someone go get Doc, I need to talk to him."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:59, Tue 16 Oct 2012.

Bulyip
 player, 173 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 01:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Jumping up with something to do, Bulyip offers, "Me go get Doc!"


He runs off to go find Doc, and assumes he will be pretty close if he's always around to stop them from wandering off too far.

He'll be prompt in letting Doc know that he needs to come quick, and that it's important to come into the ship.
Garret Haskel
 player, 757 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 09:16
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Roice, could I have Metzz join me on the 720 to pilot it?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 650 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 14:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
He shrugs.  "If Q7 is comfortable on the Tracker by himself.  Figure it out when you get there.  Remember, nothing fancy needs to happen, just make a break for it and get into hyperspace as soon as possible."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 35 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 15:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
To Roice's surprise, a squawky, synthesized voice replies, "I got this, Boss.  You can leave the flying to me, no problem."
Arbiter
 GM, 1688 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 15:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip returns quickly with Doc in tow.  The mechanic is wiping grease off his hands and grimacing.  "What now?" he asks in exasperation.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 651 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 16:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Good to hear your voice, Q7.  Guess Doc's been busy while we've been gone."
Arbiter
 GM, 1689 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 19:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Is that Delfinn?" Doc asks.  "Hey, what's your ETA, son?  Your ships are ready to go and I think you're going to want to get them anywhere but here as soon as possible."
Garret Haskel
 player, 758 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 19:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Metzz are you still there?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 652 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 20:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"That's the plan, sir.  They'll be gone within the hour.  If you're amicable, I will follow up today after things cool down in the neighborhood to square us up."
Arbiter
 GM, 1692 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 20:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I think that's a good idea," Doc replies, nodding.  "In fact, why don't I meet you in town.  Like Harry said, weather's a bit... inclement around here right now." The old mechanic pauses to give Selous, Metzz, and Bulyip a sour look.

"You landed yet?  If so, I'll get cleaned up and head in.  I have some shopping to do anyway."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 653 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 20:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Confirmed, docking bay S-22.  See you there.  A'den and Haskel are on their way in now.  Don't be surprised by the purple guy.  Flight out."
Metzz
 player, 85 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 18 Oct 2012
at 10:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"My orders from Splynn are to stay with the Tracker.  This ship is far too valuable to lose.  Besides I've spent the last 2 weeks re-wiring the mess that Strickland left behind him - did you know he'd put all kinds of secret sub-routines into ChatterBox, back doors and lock outs and only the stars know what else.  After all this work I'm not letting her out of my sight again!"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 76 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 18 Oct 2012
at 14:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The droid brain gasps in pure, affronted indignation.  "He did no such thing!  I'll have you know that my programming is as sound as ever!  No way anyone hacked me!  I would've detected any intrusion and...  Wait...  Processing.  Processing.  HEY!"

Chatterbox starts ranting about slicers and no respect for the sentient and on in that vein for quite some time in a strident and highly irate tone.
Arbiter
 GM, 1694 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 08:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Haskel and A'den soon arrive at Doc's shipyard in a rented speeder.  They're intercepted at the gate by a police cruiser, which moves to bar entrance to the business.

An officer steps out of the speeder and approaches the rental.  He peers into the vehicle, glaring suspiciously at the ex-Imperial and the Mandalorian.  "What's your business here, offworlders?" he asks.
Garret Haskel
 player, 760 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 21:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Who wants to know and for what reasons?" he responded; neither friendly nor unfriendly.

Garret meets the glare of the suspicious officer; allowing a look of very slight annoyance to show.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:41, Thu 25 Oct 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1696 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 25 Oct 2012
at 14:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"We're on the lookout for several armed and very dangerous beings," the officer replies.  "They've been at large for almost two weeks now after several vicious attacks on the downtown area."

He slowly, but pointedly, raises his blaster and there's the unmistakable sound of two more blasters being readied from the speeder behind as more cops step out of the vehicle.

"I'm going to have to ask you both to submit to a search of your vehicle as well as giving us a good reason why you're here.  Otherwise, you will be stunned, detained, and taken in for questioning."
Bulyip
 player, 174 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 03:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Hey, you not tell Roice what me tell you to." He directs to Metzz.

Looking to climb up, he's going to try and hit the speak button on the comm system himself since Metzz didn't do it for him.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 109 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 21:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Let's all calm down here and be friendly like. We will submit to the search, officer, it's not a problem. We are just coming to talk to the proprietor about a ship. We havent been in the area for awhile, and I am betting we dont fit the descriptions of your fugitives." A'den smiles in a friendly manner and tries to exude a calm, helpful demeanor.
Arbiter
 GM, 1704 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 30 Oct 2012
at 15:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The cop motions for you both to step out of the speeder.  "Reports on the fugitives are sketchy.  All we know is that they weren't Ocsinnin, so we have orders to detain and search all offworlders, especially those in this area.  Thank you for your cooperation, gentlemen, I'm sure you understand the necessity."
Metzz
 player, 86 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 2 Nov 2012
at 03:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip:
"Hey, you not tell Roice what me tell you to." He directs to Metzz.

Looking to climb up, he's going to try and hit the speak button on the comm system himself since Metzz didn't do it for him.

Metxx stopped Bulyip from interferring with the Comms with a glare.
"Loose lips sink ship Bulyip!  Don't forget the police are still after us.  You never know who's listening, even on a secure channel."
Garret Haskel
 player, 767 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2012
at 00:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"There is no need for pointing blasters at us."

Garret said as he stepped out of the rented speeder.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 110 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 6 Nov 2012
at 14:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den gets out of the speeder and stands to the side for the search.
Arbiter
 GM, 1714 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 6 Nov 2012
at 15:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The officer holsters his blaster and steps in to inspect the vehicle while his two partners keep you covered from the police cruiser.  After a minute or so of snooping, the cop steps back and nods.  "Everything looks to be in order.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  You gentlebeings have a nice day."

He turns and returns to the police speeder, which pulls off and heads back to the main road.
Garret Haskel
 player, 769 posts
Wed 7 Nov 2012
at 10:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret gets back into the speeder.

"Let's get going before anymore surprises show up."
Arbiter
 GM, 1719 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 18:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The search complete, Haskel and A'den get back into the speeder.  The shipyard gate opens as they arrive, revealing Doc driving a speeder of his own, headed out.

He pulls up alongside to exchange a quick word.

"You boys better get inside and stay inside.  I expect you'll be needing your ships prepped and ready for launch pretty fast.  Ask those bonehead friends of yours for details if you'd like." He's frowning and shaking his head as he says this.  "Knew I should've retired and gone into nerf herding..." he mutters as he pulls off without another word.

Haskel and A'den drive into the shipyard, gate closing behind them, and pull up to the hangar where their ships have been stored while being refit over the last few months.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary inside.  In fact, things look better than ever.  All three ships are fully assembled--at least, judging by the fact that parts and components are no longer scattered all over the floor--and they look to be cleaned up and all their battle damage repaired.

Well, the Ghtroc (newly christened as the "Kaadu" by her new captain, Garret Haskel) will never look like it's fresh from the factory.  But at least some of the rust has been sanded off (where it's not the only thing holding the hull together).  And the new, oversized turret on top is an interesting addition.

The Tracker looks to be back in fighting trim, her hull clean and patched expertly.

The biggest change is in the Gamma.  The Imperial drab gray paint job has been replaced by a vicious looking black and red that not only enhances the ship's deadly profile, but also cleverly disguises its military heritage.  The rear turbolasers are gone--sacrificed to become the Kaadu's new fangs--but the ship still just looks almost ridiculously overarmed for a civilian vessel.

Perfect for the personal craft of a Mandalorian.

The lights are on in the Tracker, so that's where the pair heads.  The are surprised to be confronted by a pair of heavy lifting droids as the round the boarding ramp.

"Don't mind them," the familiar voice of Chatterbox calls over the ship's loudspeaker.  "They're here to keep these guys in, not you out.  Welcome back, fellas!"
Bulyip
 player, 176 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 19:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Sticking his tongue at Metzz, Bulyip crosses his arms, and slinks away. "Fine."

Then he'll head for the loading ramp, and await the arrival of the old crew back.
Metzz
 player, 87 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 21:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz speaks to no one in particular as he heads for the cockpit.
"When the Captain get's beck, tell him I need to talk... in private."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:48, Sat 10 Nov 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 772 posts
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 23:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret walks into the Tracker where everyone is gathered.

"It's just me and A'den for now. Is there a reason why this ship is being guarded by those droids and why Doc warned us to get inside and stay inside?"

OOC: wasn't Y'tes with us?
Arbiter
 GM, 1721 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 23:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: No, I forgot to load him up.  He's guarding the ship, I guess.
Bulyip
 player, 178 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 23:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Waving his little blue greyish colored hand back and forth furiously to gain their attention, Bulyip calls out, "You're back! We go now! Let's go somewhere else where not so boring!"

Coming forward, he tries to look down the ramp, and spotting the droids, he backs up, knowing what happened last time. "Me not take anything! Not sure why we have stay. Me think Chomper getting Doc mad, chewing up his things. Me not take anything. Roice still friends?" The Alneea jabbers quickly to the two.
Harry Selous
 player, 575 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 01:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Sepoys headed to the loading ramp with bulyip, ignoring the Aleena as he answers Haskel.

"We had a run in with some bodyguards when we went to check on splynn. Had to blow up a few cop cars with grenades. Nothing serious. Lets just get off this rock and never come back here ever. I'm pretty sure we're officially terrorists now." He says, crossing his arms as he leans against a bulkhead.
Bulyip
 player, 179 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 01:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Shaking his elongated reptilian head side to side, and waving both hands in front of him signaling 'no', he adds, "Bulyip not throw any grenades. Not one. But Bulyip fire big blaster at tough guys! Woot! Tough Guys scatter everywhere!"

Bulyip's hand close into fists, and them open up feigning something 'Blowing up' as his hands and fingers spread apart as he relays his story about firing on the bodyguards.

Nodding his head up and down, he points to his chest, saying, "Me save everyone! Selous alive cause of me." He seems pretty smug about that.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 658 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 02:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice pings Metzz on the secure channel.

"Status?"
Metzz
 player, 89 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 10:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"All the birds are ready.  The Dance is over so we need to leave now before the bill arrives."
Metzz is as cryptic as ever to Roice, even on a secure channel.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 659 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 18:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Acknowledged, engines on and buckle up.  Standby."

Roice switches over to Stoo's frequency.  "They're ready.  Commence at your convenience.  As always, pleasure doing business with you, Stoo."  He ends the call.

He switches back.  "Distraction incoming.  Good luck, and see you in a few hours at the rendezvous point."  He terminates the connection and looks at Y'tes.

"Let's hope you and I aren't the only ones that show up."
Garret Haskel
 player, 773 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 18:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'll see you in a few hours. Try not to blow anything else up on the way out."

Garret left the Tracker and made his way to the Kaadu to get it ready; as best he could; to leave. He wasn't a pilot. He also still did not know what to do with a ship of his own; never having owned one or even considered owning one.

Once the ship was ready he would wait for the distraction and then take off and head the ship away from the city and into orbit.

16:16, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 9 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,2,4,1. ship power up sequence-space transport.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:17, Sun 11 Nov 2012.

Metzz
 player, 91 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 21:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Roger that Captain."

Then on the open channel to the hanger/other ships.
"Time to leave folks, prep for dust off.  There'll be a distraction any time now to allow us to break orbit.
We'll scatter and regroup at the rendez-vouz cordinates.  I'll take the Tracker, who's taking the Ghtroc and the Gamma?"

Arbiter
 GM, 1724 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 00:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Fortunately, the Ghtroc 720 was made with mass-consumerism in mind.  Everything about the operation of the ship is designed to be as easy to understand as possible while still allowing for a modicum of customization and flexibility.

It's no YT-1300, but the old space turtle is still meant to be user-friendly.

That being the case, Haskel is able to puzzle out the startup sequence with little trouble.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 36 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 00:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz:
"Time to leave folks, prep for dust off."

"It's about damn time!" Q7 exclaims in his new, ratchety voice.  The astromech/battle-droid hybrid plunks down in the pilot's seat and starts getting the Tracker ready for launch.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:29, Mon 12 Nov 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 776 posts
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 00:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Relieved that he had got the engines started, Garret nervously put his hands on the controls; and waited for the distraction.
Bulyip
 player, 180 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 02:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hearing the offer of who's taking the Ghtroc, and the Gamma, from Metzz, Bulyip thinks that is a really good offer."Can I pilot?!" the Aleena asking while raising his hand. No one has ever seen him fly any of the ships before.

"Bulyip want to be Captain. Captain Bulyip!"
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 111 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 02:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den boards the Gamma and preps for takeoff.
"Jai'galaar preparing for takeoff. Ready when you guys are."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 37 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 02:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"How about you go see if you can get the shiny new navicomp to spit out our hyperspace route, Captain?" Q7 replies.
Harry Selous
 player, 577 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 04:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry sat himself down in the lounge of the tracker after checking to make sure everything they owned was properly loaded on to the one ship he actually expected to survive take off. A smile crept on to his face as he closed his eyes and happily didn't fly a space ship.
Metzz
 player, 93 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 10:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Copy Jai'galaar.  Copy KaaduTracker dusting off now.  Split up as soon as we're clear of the hanger and jump to hyperspace jump as soon as your clear of orbit.  See you on the other side."

With that Metzz lets CBox and Q7 do there thing, while Metzz sirs in the Co-Pilot chair.
Bulyip
 player, 182 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 13:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With the lack of denial, Bulyip takes that as an affirmative. He follows Mettz to the cockpit, and though Metzz takes the pilot's seat, Bulyip hops up in the next closest seat, whether co pilot, or communications, he doesn't care.

Bulyip will look for the ship's internal comms, and press it, before saying, "This is Captain Bulyip speaking, prepare for lift off."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 38 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 16:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Roger roger," Q7 replies.  Whether this is meant sarcastically or not is difficult to tell given the droid's new, inflectionless voice.
Arbiter
 GM, 1728 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 16:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Sun Tracker and Jai'galaar lift off smoothly, the labor droids opening the hangar doors to let them out as they hover off on repulsors.

The Kaadu seems to be doing fine, it even lifts smoothly and effortlessly on its repulsors (not true of the last time the poor old thing tried to fly).

OOC: Haskel: 'Nother piloting roll, por favor.
Garret Haskel
 player, 777 posts
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 20:56
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Once clear of the hangar; and after making sure the other ships aren't in the way; Garret will throttle up the engines as smoothly as he can and head for orbit.

"10-4 Tracker. You told my ship how to get there right?"

OOC:
15:50, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. wild die.
15:50, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 10 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,1,2,1. fly to orbit-space transport.
total=13

Arbiter
 GM, 1729 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 14 Nov 2012
at 19:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
For his first outing as a pilot, Haskel isn't doing too badly.  The Kaadu trundles along after the other two ships, unsteady but staying roughly on course.

Almost immediately, Chatterbox chimes in over the shared channel between the three ships.  "Umm, hey guys?" he says, uncertainly, "I'm getting a call from the tower at the spaceport.  They're ordering us to land at port, file a flight plan, and submit to inspection before we leave."

OOC: No astronavigation data has been run yet.  Bulyip, you want to crunch the numbers or should I have a droid do it?
Metzz
 player, 94 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 14 Nov 2012
at 21:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"CBox, upload the co-ordinates to all ships now.  Encrypted channel Bravo.
Let's keep radio silence from now on, eh?"


Metzz scans the planetary defence frequencies for chatter.

21:01, Today: Metzz rolled 32 using 8d6 with rolls of 1,6,4,5,1,5,5,5. Comms.  Grrrr.
Bulyip
 player, 183 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 15 Nov 2012
at 03:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Me can run astrogation!" shouts the small co pilot. He gets ready to load in the coordinates as soon as they are broadcast.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 77 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 16 Nov 2012
at 17:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With yet again surprising ease, the little Aleena punches in the coordinate data into the shiny new navicomp.  In short order, the machine returns the astronav data and Chatterbox sends it to the other two ships.

"Uh, guys, the tower's still calling.  Now they're demanding we reply.  Wow, he's really mad!  Talking a mile a minute...  Something about illegal departure....  Calling the authorities to force a landing if we don't comply...  suspicion of terrorist collusion..."

The droid brain doesn't have a face, but if he did, his expression would be obvious as he deadpans, "Gee, I wonder how they would ever suspect us of harboring dangerous terrorists on board...?"

"So, umm, are one of you organic types going to make a decision as to what we do or should I call the Captain on the hyperwave for his orders?"
Harry Selous
 player, 578 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 16 Nov 2012
at 22:09
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry listened to the chatter from his perch safely away from any flight controls and said nothing. So long as he didn't have to fly, he really didn't care if they were getting shot at, though he did wonder how pissed Roice would be if they got the ship beat to poodoo immediatly after having it fully repaired.

A secondary thought occurred to him. Were they leaving splynn at the hospital on purpose?
Bulyip
 player, 184 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 02:05
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Punching the open com button, Bulyip tries to announce to the tower control. "This is Captain of the <shhrrhrrshhsk>" Bulyip provides his own com static sounds, "We having com difficulties. Attempt calibrations. We fly port, <shhhhrrhsshhhsk> with flightplan. No cargo, inspection okay. Can you confirm transmission get through this time?"

Taking his finger off the com toggle, Bulyip gives a smug little smile, certain that'd convince any port official.
Arbiter
 GM, 1733 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 04:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Chatterbox doesn't say anything, merely patches through the reply from the tower.  "Understood.  Please adjust course to [coordinates] and land on runway 4.  An inspection team will meet your ships."

Bulyip's bluff seems to have cooled off the situation.
Metzz
 player, 95 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 10:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Q7 lets get outta here pronto! Harry, we might need you on the guns shortly.  I'm gonna try to jam their sensors."

10:03, Today: Metzz rolled 8 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,3,4. Sensor Jam.  EHRRR!

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 112 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 02:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den face-palms when he hears Bulyip's transmission.
Harry Selous
 player, 579 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 05:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry sighed and stood from his lounging, headed toward the gun turret.
Arbiter
 GM, 1734 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 07:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Just FYI, the Tracker now has two turrets, dorsal and ventral.
Harry Selous
 player, 580 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 06:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry settled himself in to the ventral turret in case they got attacked and he needed to kill someone.
Bulyip
 player, 185 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 13:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip asks of Metzz, "Any idea of the distraction? Taking lots of time of idling."
Metzz
 player, 96 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 16:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
In reply to Bulyip (msg # 499):

Metzz gives Bulyip a withering look but does not answer...
Arbiter
 GM, 1735 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 20:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: So what's up, guys?  Are you going to head for the starport or make a break for it?  Keep in mind that you are the droids they're looking for...
Garret Haskel
 player, 778 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 20:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: I think we are waiting on a distraction at the moment (I am).
Metzz
 player, 97 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 21:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Q7, lets blow this party.  Full throttle till were clear of the planet, then jump.
Harry, we're gonna have some company soon."


OOC - Sorry, Metzz is completely disregarding Bulyip's Con and making a run for it.
Arbiter
 GM, 1736 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 21:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: As far as that goes, you guys have no idea what the distraction is, where or when it's coming from, or what form it might take.

But hanging out a bit to see what might happen isn't necessarily a bad idea, either.  So, just let me know what you're doing as a group (since you have 3 different ships to manage).


EDIT: Orrrrr, Metzz could order Q7 to make a run for it without consulting the others, leaving everyone in the dust... o_O

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:37, Fri 23 Nov 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1738 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Nov 2012
at 15:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Q7 pauses only momentarily, not bothering to argue with the Verpine tech.  His orders are to protect the Tracker at all costs as well, just for different reasons.

The droid angles the ship and opens the throttle all the way.  The YV-100 takes off like a shot, exhaust blazing from the four engines as the ship is finally free to fly for the first time in months.

Since Metzz gives this order in a complete vacuum, without consulting or informing the others, Haskel and A'den are left in the proverbial dust as spaceport control begins squawking angrily over the comm.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:26, Sat 24 Nov 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 780 posts
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 23:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Seeing the Tracker suddenly fly off at full throttle, Garret pushed his own ship as fast as it could go; trying to at least not fall way behind the other ship.


18:39, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. pilot wild die 2.
18:38, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. pilot wild die.
18:38, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 14 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,3,1,4. pilot.

total: 22

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 113 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 16:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den sighs and guns the ship for orbit.

"C4.....get us a quick jump calculation out of here....then work on 2 more jumps that will lead us to Roice's meeting spot."
Arbiter
 GM, 1742 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 17:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The three ships take off like mynocks with their tails on fire.  Immediately, a swarm of fighters rise up from the starport and move to intercept.

Sensors and Chatterbox's helpful forecasting indicate that the Tracker and Jai can just outrun the fighters.

The Kaadu, however, isn't going to be so lucky.  Even with its upgrades, it's still ponderously slow compared to the other two ships.

To add to the fun, Chatterbox reports that long-range sensors are picking up patrol cruisers outside the atmosphere, moving to intercept.
Arbiter
 GM, 1749 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 29 Nov 2012
at 23:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Tracker and Jai make it past the incoming screen of fighters, but the Kaadu is trapped as a group of 5 Z-95 headhunters swoop in and surround the old 720 freighter.

"ALL SHIPS ARE ORDERED TO LAND IMMEDIATELY!" a voice barks over the comms on each ship.  Someone at ground control has found the comm override button and is now making good use of it.

"FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE ATTACK BY LEGALLY AUTHORIZED SHIPS!  REPEAT: LAND NOW OR YOU WILL BE FIRED ON!"

Naturally, Q7 and A'den ignore the bleating of the authorities, but Haskel is in a situation where he's outgunned 5 to 1, even if they're only Z-95s.
Harry Selous
 player, 583 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 06:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry rotated his turret toward the rear. He probably couldn't fire on the fighters surrounding Haskel, but there was always a chance. Not to mention it might be an interesting show.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 78 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 14:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I don't want to intrude," Chatterbox says as Selous readies the turret, "But the Captain did tell us not to shoot at anybody.  Just saying..."
Arbiter
 GM, 1751 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 14:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The Tracker and Jai are currently breaking the atmosphere, moving ever closer to leaving Farana's gravity well.

The Kaadu is lagging behind (OOC: get used to reading this sentence).

"THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!  SHIPS ARE AUTHORIZED TO FIRE UNLESS LANDING COMMENCES IN 10 SECONDS!"
Harry Selous
 player, 584 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 15:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry looked around for someone to suggest another course of action, despite the lack of other people in the turret with him.

After a few moments he shrugged, "Doesn't look like it's gonna be my call C.B, but hey, I'm already a terrorist. Whats a few more dead cops thrown on the fire."

"We'll probably never be allowed back at Doc's though." He added as an after thought.
Bulyip
 player, 189 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 21:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With his head slipping back and forth as he reads the gauges, and vid screens, one would have to be careful they don't get hit by his elongated cranium snapping back and forth. As it is, the Aleena stands up in the chair, trying to make sure he'll be ready with hyper drive co ordinates for when they are needed.

"Go go go!" He says excitedly, but then seeing poor Haskel being left behind, he offers, "Poor Haskel. Me rather be co pilot than Captain."
Arbiter
 GM, 1756 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 03:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The 10 seconds tick by with nerve-wracking slowness.

The Tracker and Jai break the atmosphere, safely out of reach of the Z-95s.  The Kaadu, with Haskel at the helm, seems doomed to be brought down by the incoming fighters.

But, at the last instant, just before the expected blaster bolts are fired, the fighters veer off and, instead accelerate up and away after the other two ships.

Out in space, a hail of turbolaser fire greets the two freighters.  But it's fired at long distance and misses the mark.

"I don't have a visual, folks," Chatterbox says, "But remember that Skipray from Xedfa?  Readings are consistent with that.  Pretty sure we've got at least one of them inbound.  They're coming in from outside the gravity well, we will not be able to evade them."
Harry Selous
 player, 586 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 10:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Right on que, Harry thought as he rotated the turret once again to face the oncoming skipray, I thought I wasn't going to have to shoot down any ships this time.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 114 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 17:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den goes into tactical maneuvering to avoid as much of the fight as he can.

"Come on, come on...just a little further....."
Garret Haskel
 player, 783 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 21:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Seeing the fighters fly past him, and head for the others Garret relaxed slightly. Since he couldn't catch up to help, he took the ship into a long, shallow starboard turn that would keep him from getting caught up in the battle against those fighters while continuing to get him further away from the planet. He kept an eye on the sensor screen to keep track of what ships were close by.

OOC:
16:50, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 14 using 4d6 with rolls of 1,6,2,5. pilot.

uh oh...........

Metzz
 player, 99 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 12:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz tries to jam the cruisers sensors with the powerful emitter aboard the Tracker.
"Trying to jam their sensors.  Should affect their targeting computers.
O.K. Harry, keep those fighters off us while we jump!"


12:07, Today: Metzz rolled 8 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,2,4. Sensor Jam.
Arbiter
 GM, 1758 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 04:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den moves the Jai to a more tactically advantageous position.  Haskel takes advantage of his being left behind to veer off onto an exit trajectory that will help him avoid the looming conflict.

Metzz tries to set up a jamming field, but misskeys a command as incoming fire from the skipray causes the ship to lurch.

"His aim's improving," Q7 observes.

"Warning!" Chatterbox exclaims.  "I'm detecting five fighters coming up behind us.  Z-95s, moving faster than you'd think.  Must be modified?  They're coming in quickly, but we'll probably outrun-- Wait..." The droid brain pauses.  "Incoming transmission.  It's text only, on a coded frequency.  Only way they could've gotten it was if the Captain gave it to them, nobody else knows our code." There's another brief pause, followed by, "Umm, the message reads 'Slow down, you poodoo-swilling morons'...  Seems a bit rude, if you ask me!"

OOC: The skipray's going to be in range to actually be a threat very, very soon.
Metzz
 player, 100 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 09:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz quickly passes on the message to the other ships on am encrypted channel, while raising shields with his pinkie!

"Tracker to all ships, receiving a coded message from Pilot.  'Slow down!'
I think that means break away from the Skiprays and follow the Kaadu out of orbit."


09:33, Today: Metzz rolled 26,5 using 7D6,2D6 with rolls of 5,6,5,2,1,4,3,1,4. Comms and Shields.
Poodoo!  Fumbled the shields...

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 115 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 16:52
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Tracker, where is it coming from?"
A'den slows his headlong dash out of atmosphere.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 39 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 16:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Or, it could just mean 'stop going so fast, you fleshy sub-geniuses," Q7 mutters.  "Oh, did I say that out loud?" he exclaims with mock surprise.

He slaps Mettz' hand away from the shield controls, grumbling, "You stick to the comms, leave the actual important stuff to someone competent."

The astromech/battle droid hybrid (bastromech?) angles the Tracker's shields while reducing the ship's speed and adjusting its course to meet up with the Kaadu, which is finally out of Farana's atmosphere headed for space.
Garret Haskel
 player, 785 posts
Sun 9 Dec 2012
at 17:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret keeps his ship on its course away from the planet even as he notices the Tracker coming back to join him.
Bulyip
 player, 191 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 01:32
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Slow down? We make slow get away? That not make sense. Get aways work because we faster and smarter than bad guys. Bulyip not like the sound of this."

The short Aleena continues to stand up in the chair, watching the screens, sensors, dials, and controls continuously.
Arbiter
 GM, 1765 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 21:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"The transmission originates from the planet," Chatterbox replies.  "Seems legit."

Regardless of the legitimacy of the instructions, Q7 and A'den have slowed their ships, allowing the Z-95s to rapidly catch up, then overtake them.

Rather than turn and fire, the ships fan out in a screen.

"Picking up some chatter.  The pilot of the inbound blast boat is yelling at the pilots to get out of the way.  One of the pilots is replying.  Apologizing about equipment failure."

The droid chuckles.  "I think this is our 'distraction', fellas.  Let's make a break for it, huh?"

"My thoughts exactly," chimes in Q7, his hands hovering over the hyperspace controls.  "Just waiting on one of you fleshy types to give the signal."

OOC: Haskel and A'den need to make successful Astrogation (MECH) rolls vs. Easy difficulty (6) to make the jump.

Garret Haskel
 player, 786 posts
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 22:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret locks in the coordinates sent from the Tracker, then engages his ship's hyper drive.

17:19, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. astrogation wild die.
17:19, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 12 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,1,4,1. astrogation.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 116 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 19:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den prepares for the jump.


A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 7 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 1,4. Astrogation.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 40 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 20:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz utters an involuntary cough and Q7 exclaims, "Good enough for me!" as he hits the hyperdrive controls and sends the Tracker catapulting to lightspeed.
Arbiter
 GM, 1767 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 21:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
In relatively short order, the three ships arrive--amazingly, without further incident--at the prearranged coordinates.

Haskel uses the Kaadu's shuttle pod to pick up the crews of the Tracker and Jai.  Everyone ferries over to the shiny new ship that Roice informs them is named Clear Skies.  It's an XS-800 that looks to be fresh off the assembly line.

As everyone boards, you can't help but notice it even has the "new ship" smell.

The group is greeted at the airlock by a giant (3m), hulking purple alien with a face like a souffle that got sat on by a bantha.

"You da other guys?" it asks in a deep, gravelly, suspicious voice.
Garret Haskel
 player, 788 posts
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 21:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret steps to the front, since he should be more easily recognized than the others.

"Yes Y'tes. Can you cook something good up? These guys probably haven't had a good meal in quite some time."

Garret pointed over his shoulder at the guys behind him; allowing a small smile to show. His cooking was quite good, and he had turned out to be surprisingly friendly.

"We also need to see Roice. Where is he right now?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Thu 13 Dec 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1769 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 21:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 588 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 22:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry raised an eye brow at the appearance of a hulking purple alien monster. The others didn't seem to be blasting it to smithereens or tossing grenades at it though, so he restrained himself. He thought back to his past, wondering if he'd ever seen an alien so odd.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 21 using 4d6+1 with rolls of 4,6,6,4. Alien species knowledge roll.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 662 posts
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 22:44
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice calls over to the Tracker from the Skies' bridge.

"Chatterbox, start new, fresh alias profiles for each of us, to associate with this ship.  Nothing fancy, just clean and simple."
Arbiter
 GM, 1771 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 23:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: The big guy's a Houk.  I thought I had made his species up from scratch.  Turns out I was wrong. ;)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Houk

Bulyip
 player, 193 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 03:10
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Bulyip is a little surprised by the appearance of the large brutish looking alien. He can't but speak up, "oh no! No body warned us about scary big guy. Is this a trap? Me no like traps!" Speaking up to the alien, the smaller alien says, "you look like you are trouble. Are you trouble?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1773 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 17:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"On it, Captain!" Chatterbox replies happily from the Tracker.

"Already got lunch started," the big guy replies, nodding to Haskel.  "Jus' wanna know how many places t'set." He points a thick finger behind him, "Roys in onna bridge, wanted me t'send you guys there when you showed up."

Y'tes looks down (waaaaay down) at Bulyip, scratching his head in confusion, "Wha?  Am I in trouble?  Dun think so..." his confused expression changes to one of dawning horror, "MY MUFFINS!" he shouts, pushing past the group and thundering down the passageway and out of sight.
Garret Haskel
 player, 790 posts
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 14:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret quickly stepped to the side to allow Y'tes to pass before he got shoved into a bulkhead. He doubted the others would be as fortunate; as none of them knew how seriously he took his cooking.

"Bridge is this way, but first I have something for you." Garret quickly handed out the credits (2000 for Selous, 1000 each for Metzz and Bulyip), then lead them all to the bridge.

"Everyone is here." he said to Roice as he entered the bridge.
Harry Selous
 player, 590 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 18:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry slid the creds in to a pocket instantly. He had a bit, but nowhere near 2000. With his bank roll more then doubled, a grin was plastered all over his face as he stepped on to the bridge after Garret.
Bulyip
 player, 194 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 03:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Surprised to see the large brutish alien run off, that does give the Aleena a little more confidence that this wasn't a trap. Taking the offered credit stick, he bites on it before pocketing it himself.

He runs quickly to try and keep up with the larger humans to the bridge.

"Roice?!" The Aleena calls out upon hearing the name called out, and he looks around to see if Roice can be spotted.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 665 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 20:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Also, C-Box and Q7, I'm sending over a set of slave codes.  Encrypt them, heavily, and store them someplace safe, then wipe any existence of the original numbers.  I only want you two knowing them, meaning only the Tracker will have access to the Clear Skies' control rig.  I've set it up on this side for dumb reception only, so it's not going to log any other master ship's transponders or interface records.  This ship is to stay clean, understood?"

He winces momentarily before continuing.

"And Q7, set up a bi-weekly memory wipe of the R5 Delfinn out," he says quickly then cuts the comm.

He sits back in the flight deck command chair and waits for the group to assemble.

"Everyone get paid?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1775 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 20:16
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Q7's indignant roar of "YOU BOUGHT AN R5 UNIT!?!" is cut off as Roice cuts the comm.
Garret Haskel
 player, 791 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 21:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Everyone was paid their share. What is our next move?"
Bulyip
 player, 195 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 21:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Nodding his head to the mention of payment, Bulyip hears Garret ask about their next move, to which he quicks says, "We go shopping! And someplace safe. You guys make trouble in past two locations. Maybe we go somewhere safe, where they don't pull blasters out at the sound of a burp. And we should look at what we have for food too."
Harry Selous
 player, 591 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 22:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I don't know," Harry says, looking down at bulyip, "I kinda liked those bounty hunters. They were fun."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 666 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 23:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I agree with Bul, we need someplace safe to lay low for a while and regroup while we plan our next moves, and I'm open to suggestions.  Thanks to the weapons sale, we do have a little bit of operating capital, but I don't want to go crazy with it because any docking fees and upcoming basic maintenance will come out of that coffer."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 79 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 01:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"If you don't mind, Captain," Chatterbox interjects over the comm channel, "I might have a suggestion that might be just what we need."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 667 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 03:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice is about to answer, but stops short and sits up straight in the chair, alarmed.  He looks at the comm controls with confusion then around at the group.

"C-Box, I just turned that off," he says loudly.  "Why can you still hear me?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 80 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 04:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Oh, umm," the droid brain replies with the tone of a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  "I was just testing the slave rig and thought I'd take a detour through the auxiliary subroutine buffer.  Guess I should've zigged where I zagged.  But, on the plus side, I just found a whole suite of pretty interesting back doors in this ship's computer, all routed through the slave rig.  Probably meant to give the dealership access for repos."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 668 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 15:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice runs his hands over his head.

"Disable them, please," he says through gritted teeth.  "And don't get fancy, remember, this is a civilian vessel with legitimate credentials."

He shakes his head.

"So what is this idea you have, anyway?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 81 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 16:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Well, as you know, I had a lot of time on my hands--so to speak--while the ship was being repaired.  I spent a lot of that time listening to comm chatter, browsing the HoloNet, setting up shell corporations with untraceable business accounts in the local banking system.  Y'know, just twiddling my thumbs.  Again, so to speak.  But I also listened in on the HuttNet--there's a good node not far from Farana, so I was able to get a strong signal--and found out some interesting stuff.  For instance, did you know there's an illegal Frasium mine operating on Galfus (a planet in the Farana system, equivalent to Mercury in ours)?  Oh, and Burgour the Hutt owns stakes in half of the gambling operations in the Morellian Commonwealth?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 669 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 16:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Get to your SUGGESTION, please."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 82 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 16:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Huh?  Oh, yes, Captain.  Anyway.  So, as I was saying, I listened to the chatter on the HuttNet a lot and heard about a place that would be perfect for us.  It's called Farside Station.  I don't have the exact coordinates, but I know it's on the Coreward side of the Corporate Sector.  Apparently it's supposed to be a popular freebooter stronghold that exists outside of CSA or Imperial control and is a stopping off point for a lot of smugglers and pirates that operate in the Sector.  As you can imagine, it's existence is a widely-known, but closely held secret.  So, it might take a bit of digging to wheedle the coordinates.  But it'll take a couple of weeks to get there anyway, so it's not like I won't have time, right?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 670 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 01:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice looks to the group.  "Anybody ever heard of it?  Know anything about it?"
Bulyip
 player, 196 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 02:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Two weeks hyperdrive? Not many bother us then." The Aleena seems to giving it some thought, and he's a bit unsure if it's familiar or not.
Metzz
 player, 101 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 12:34
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret Haskel:
"Bridge is this way, but first I have something for you." Garret quickly handed out the credits (2000 for Selous, 1000 each for Metzz and Bulyip), then lead them all to the bridge.

"Everyone is here." he said to Roice as he entered the bridge.

"Cheers mate?" Answered Metzz quizically, wondering what the big hair chef was all about?


Roice Delfinn:
Roice looks to the group.  "Farside Station...  Anybody ever heard of it?  Know anything about it?"

"Sounds familier Captain, let me think about it..."
12:30, Today: Metzz rolled 11 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 4,3,2. Streetwise.

"Oh, I need to talk to you privately about our Patron sir."
Harry Selous
 player, 592 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 12:39
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Sounds like a place I could get some decent body armor." Harry said with a grin as he took a vacant seat, "and maybe some more explosives. Those were entertaining."

He scratched his chin, "And do you think there are bars we can go to on this station? I haven't had a decent drink since before Sparks went all nutso, imperial assassin, ninja, comm expert, neck snapper on us."
Arbiter
 GM, 1776 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 13:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Metzz
 player, 102 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 16:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'm sure someone in the Company knows where it is..."

16:34, Today: Metzz rolled 16 using 4d6+2 with rolls of 4,4,5,1. Streetwise (Galor Splynn).
Arbiter
 GM, 1777 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 16:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Metzz
 player, 103 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 18:06
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'm sure Bola knew, or even Burress Veran, but as both are dead that doesn't help much..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 671 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 18:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice raises his eyebrow at the mention of his uncle's name.

"Q7, would you like to chime in?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 41 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 19:40
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
There's a squelch of static, then Q7's raspy battle droid voice replies, "Nothing in my databanks about any Farside Station, Cap."
Garret Haskel
 player, 792 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 21:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Finding a planet to stay on for a while might be a better idea."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 672 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 21:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"So we can blast away from it noisily and close off another spaceport to us?"

He shakes his head, and tweaks the XS-800's holodisplay to show Core-ward space. 

"We need an actual safe place, and by that I mean somewhere we don't have to sneak around to get things done.  C-Box and Q7, set a heading, best guess, and we'll refine as we go."  He stands.

"Y'tes is cooking, everybody get your fill, take your time, then we'll shuttle back to respective ships for the jump.  I'm going over to the Tracker to check her out."
Metzz
 player, 104 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 22:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'll come with you Captain.  We can talk over the repairs and modifications...."
Arbiter
 GM, 1778 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 22:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: There needs to be someone to fly at least the Jai and Kaadu.  Preferably one pilot per ship.  Q7 can fly pretty much anything if need be but would prefer not to leave the Tracker.

So take all that into consideration when splitting back up.

Garret Haskel
 player, 793 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 22:57
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Not if it was a planet that was less than sympathetic to our current enemies."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 673 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 23:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Might as well just have A'den and Haskel fly their respective ships, everyone else can stay on the Tracker, and the Skies is rigged so can go empty, unless we want to leave Y'tes on there just to have a warm body on it.
Y'tes
 NPC, 1 post
 MY MUFFINS!
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 23:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: But den I'll get lonesome, Roys... :(
Garret Haskel
 player, 794 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 23:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Y'tes is welcome on the Kaadu.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 674 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 16:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice and Metzz take the shuttle over to the Tracker.

"Doc said everything was shored up.  How's she looking on the inside?"
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 117 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 17:35
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den heads back to the Jai, leaving the offer open for anyone to join him.
Arbiter
 GM, 1780 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 17:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: We're going to assume that the shuttle is readily available for anyone who wants it for the time being.  So, just state which ship you want to be on and we'll move on from there.

Note to self: get you guys another shuttle for the Kaadu.

Metzz
 player, 105 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 19:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Everything is back to full operational parameters.  Also we cleared out all the hidden backdoors and memory caches that Sparks put in.  But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 675 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 20:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Garret Haskel
 player, 795 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 22:54
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret moves to the lounge to wait for Y'tes to finish cooking and bring out the food.
Bulyip
 player, 197 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 04:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Sticking to the Tracker, he already has a nice little hidey hole that he's comfortable with. With so many other things going on, and no one paying him any attention, Bulyip decides to go and see if he can find any thing to keep him occupied.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 676 posts
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 18:58
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Back on board the Tracker, Roice sets Metzz to a general ship rundown and checkout of the slave circuit to the Clear Skies.

"Let's get back into the habit of going by our assignment aliases.  You, Y'tes and Bulyip will need handles."


He stands and toggles the ship intercom.  "Q7, C-Box, my quarters, now."

He looks Metzz.  "Tell the others, we hyper out in one hour."
Arbiter
 GM, 1787 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 06:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice Delfinn:
He stands and toggles the ship intercom.  "Q7, C-Box, my quarters, now."

"Roger roger," Q7 replies, followed by a mumbled, "Gotta stop doing that..." before he turns off the comm.

"Technically already there, Captain," Chatterbox replies, brightly.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 677 posts
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 16:31
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice shuts the door to his quarters.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 678 posts
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 21:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice comes out of his quarters, and opens the intercom across all four ships.

"Alright, tie it all down, gentlemen.  We hyper out in 30.  Next stop, Farside Station."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:03, Thu 27 Dec 2012.

Arbiter
 GM, 1792 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 22:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: And I'm going to stop things right there.

We'll be moving on to the next scenario soon, preceded by the long-overdue handing out of CP.