5: Flying Under the Radar.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Roice Delfinn
 player, 626 posts
Wed 30 May 2012
at 21:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice shakes his head and makes a rude gesture at the comm, but otherwise replies cheerfully.  "It's all business, Stoo, let's try to make the most of it.  Now if you would be so kind, we'll hyper out as soon as you send those coords.  I feel a little out in the open here."
Arbiter
 GM, 1519 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 May 2012
at 21:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I don't blame you one bit," Stoo replies.  "Sending the coords now."  Sure enough, the freighter's nav computer begins chattering a moment alter as it starts to digest the information sent from the surface.  "You better get moving, Delroi.  My friends, they don't like to stay in one place very long, as you can imagine.  And remember," his voice turns darker, much more serious, "You bring me my cut or these bounty hunters doggin' your trail will be the least of your worries, understood?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 627 posts
Wed 30 May 2012
at 21:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I'm telling you Stoo, that's not how I operate, and I am to prove it to you.  I'll contact you as soon as were back and safely down."
Arbiter
 GM, 1521 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 31 May 2012
at 15:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"All right, see you when you get back.  With my money." Stoo cuts the line.

Daeg calls Roice to the bridge, "Make sure the navicomp is ready, will ya?  This thing's not easy to fly with just one guy."

OOC: Haskel, A'den you're free to move about the cabin, now. ;)

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:27, Thu 31 May 2012.

Garret Haskel
 player, 728 posts
Thu 31 May 2012
at 19:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret jumps down from the truck and walks to the bridge.

"Daeg, does this ship have any weapons systems?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 628 posts
Thu 31 May 2012
at 22:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice initializes the navicomputer and starts inputting the coordinates.

(OOC: I'll take 10.  I MEAN, I'll study and prepare.)
Metzz
 player, 59 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 31 May 2012
at 22:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Arbiter:
Hospital: Splynn takes a moment to process the information, then nods in understanding.  "Well, I'm sad to see you go.  You've all been valuable employees.  But contracts aren't permanent for a reason.  I hope you and the others find your fortunes elsewhere.  I trust my arrangements will still be met?  I'd hate to think the Company would interfere in my affairs..."

"I am going on an indefinate sabbatical sir.  My position is not under threat yet, but that may change at my next appraisal.
You may contact me at any time sir, on the usual frequency.  In the mean time I promise to protect your interests to the best of my abilities.
It there anything you would like to pass on to the Crew before I leave?"

Arbiter
 GM, 1522 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 23:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Ship: Daeg points Haskel to the gunner's station.  "Guns are there, such as they are..." he says.  The ship has minimal, factory default weaponry that consists of a single laser turret on top of the flight section.  This leaves the cargo container woefully undefended.

After a moment to familiarize himself with the system, Roice is prepared to attempt to astronavigate.

OOC: Stats for the gun:
Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 1D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D


Hospital: Splynn thinks for a moment, then shrugs, "Tell them not to get their asses shot off," he wheezes.  "I might still have work for them some day."

Outside in the parking garage, Chomper is getting bored.  When Chomper gets bored, bad things happen to objects (or small Aleena) around him.
Metzz
 player, 60 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 14:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hospital:

"Very well sir.  I hope to see you soon." Metzz leaves his patron and master lying there.

Metzz keeps his eye, ears, and antennae open as he returns to the speeder.

15:39, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,5,3. Perception.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 629 posts
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 15:17
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice inputs the coordinates and runs the lane calculator.

You rolled 10 using 4d6 ((3,2,1,4)).

How far is the jump?

Harry Selous
 player, 537 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 18:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry patted chomper on the back, trying to calm the sand slasher down a bit. There wasn't much he could do except maybe take the predator on a walk, but he didn't really want to get out of the speeder if he didn't have to.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 16 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 6,2,6. animal training to calm chomper
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. animal training wild die.
total = 17

Arbiter
 GM, 1527 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Jun 2012
at 19:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Ship: Course is correct and laid in (it's odd dealing with a navicomp that actually works for a change).  The jump's about a day outside the borders of the Corporate Sector with the Wayfarer's Class 2.0 hyperdrive.  Fortunately, the ship's a bit better equipped for travel than the Gamma you'd been running short jobs in.  At least you won't have to camp out on a bare metal floor.

Hospital: Metzz takes his leave of Assistant Vice-Prex Splynn, having received his surreptitious orders to lay low for now and not create too many waves.

As he nears the ICU exit he catches a glimpse of something in his peripheral vision.  A fleeting glimpse of a wide-brimmed hat.

But then, all of the sudden, an alarm sounds and medical personnel start scurrying about, dragging large pieces of equipment towards one of the room while someone shouts, "CODE BLUE!" over the intercom.  The Verpine is so confused by the chaos that he loses sight of what he thought he saw.

Outside in the speeder, as if reading Selous' mind and hearing him think the word "walk", Chomper starts whimpering and scratching at the door, leaving deep scratches on the panel.
Harry Selous
 player, 538 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 00:00
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Alright alright ya mangy beast." Harry said, checking the chain leash to ensure it's security before opening the door. He gripped the chain tightly, wrapping a portion of it around his forearm.

"Bulyip, stay here. Don't touch anything." He said as he left the rifles behind in the speeder and shut the door. As he started trying to walk the anxious beast around, he tucked Bola's pistol in to his belt. He wasn't going to carry any of the illegal weaponry, but he'd be damned if he was going anywhere unarmed for the rest of his life.
Arbiter
 GM, 1528 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 00:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Like you need anything else carrying Bola's hand cannon? ;)
Roice Delfinn
 player, 630 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 14:36
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Course laid in, motivators charged.  Ready to jump hyper at your leisure, Daeg."

Roice can't help but sneak a paranoid look at the short-range scanners.
Bulyip
 player, 150 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 02:38
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Nodding his long cranium up and down, Bulyip agrees, "Bulyip not touch anything."

Alone, the Aleena goes to the window, watching Chomper and Selous heading off.
Metzz
 player, 61 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 07:49
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz uses the "Code Blue" as a distraction to get out the hospital as  quickly and camly.

<Comlink>
"I'm coming out.  ETD 2 minutes."
Arbiter
 GM, 1530 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 17:45
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Hospital: Metzz hurries back to the parking garage as Selous begrudgingly takes Chomper for walkies.  Bulyip stays behind on lookout.


Ship: The scanners don't show anything suspicious as Daeg jumps the freighter to lightspeed and on in to hyperspace.

OOC: It'll take about a week to reach the destination, a rendezvous in the outer reaches of the Almanian System.
Garret Haskel
 player, 729 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 20:01
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret spends the week (when not with the others on board) going through his usual exercises, mostly to stay sharp and in practice; also to pass time as there isn't really much to do.
Arbiter
 GM, 1544 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 16:25
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Chomper leaps at the chance to stretch his legs.  Literally.  The sandslasher drags Selous out of the speeder and starts eagerly scrambling around, sniffing at the parked speeders and other vehicles.

He "marks his territory" on several vehicles as he hauls Selous along.
Harry Selous
 player, 539 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 16:53
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry didn't mind much as chomper relieved himself on the other vehicles. All Harry needed was for Chomper to remain under a modicum of control. After all, it wasn't as though some civilian was going to walk up to Harry and the sand slasher and complain.

He kept Chomper on a relatively short leash to ensure that he didn't attack anyone, and tried to keep the just less then wild animal from wandering to far from the speeder.
Arbiter
 GM, 1545 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 19:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The scaly repto-mammal continues to drag Selous along on his quest to explore this new environment.  Chomper's so busy sniffing at everything in creation and Selous is so busy trying to keep the animal from pulling him off his feet, that neither of them realize they've been surrounded until it's too late.

"Stun him!" someone shouts from the shadows.

A pair of stun bolts follow close behind.

"And knock out that damn monster, too!"

A third bolt heads for Chomper.

One of the bolts goes wide, but both Selous and Chomper are hit by a bolt each.

OOC: Since you were ambushed, you lose your action and can't dodge the shot.  Roll STR to resist being stunned.

Metzz: Just as you step out of the elevator back into the parking structure you hear blaster fire ahead.
Harry Selous
 player, 540 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 20:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry looked up just in time to see the stun bolts coming toward him, but not soon enough to avoid the incapacitating weapons fire.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,5,3. strength against stun.
Harry Selous rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. cp for strength against stun.
Harry Selous rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. cp wild die roll.
total = 20

Arbiter
 GM, 1547 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 21:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: Damn you people and your unblasterableness! >_<
Metzz
 player, 65 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 18:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz slips out the lift and takes cover behind a suitable SUV Repulsor.  Using ALL his senses he weighs the situation before him.

19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,4,4. Perception.
19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. wild die.
19:15, Today: Metzz rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. wild die.  Total = 22.