5: Flying Under the Radar.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Roice Delfinn
 player, 535 posts
Sat 3 Mar 2012
at 17:59
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Good, let's make it happen."  He puts a handful of credits from his pocket on the table and starts to sort them.  "I think we've still got enough leftover to buy some cheap chests with security locks for this delivery."

He pushes out a short stack.  "I think this is a pretty safe deal, but just the same, I'd rather not meet at the hangar.  Let's rent a cargo skiff for the afternoon and plan on meeting them out in the industrial park."  He pushes out another short stack, then starts dividing up the rest.

"That leaves just enough to make sure everybody's clips are full, and a few creds left over for each of us for emergencies.  Spend 'em wisely, boys, that's officially the last of what there is until Doc is paid."
Bulyip
 player, 101 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 4 Mar 2012
at 22:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
With his eyes going wide at seeing all the credit chips, his little fingers start to flex in anticipation. Once Roice gives the go ahead, Bulyip tries to help pass out the credit chips to everyone as he can.

Then he lets Roice know, "Me like working for you. Way more fun than mining. More food too."
Garret Haskel
 player, 660 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 00:03
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret was eating a simple meal while studying some notes he had taken from the medicine course he had been teaching himself through a holo he had downloaded off the net.

He was so focused on his studies that he wasn't following the conversation, and failed to notice his share of the credits on the table.

OOC:
Call me Doctor Haskel

Bulyip
 player, 102 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 01:22
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Climbing onto the table, Bulyip reaches out and taps Garret's hand, saying, "You been reading and watching lots. You need pay attention when the credits are being given out." Letting the chips fall into Garrett's hand, or on top of the notes if he isn't quick enough, he turn around and jump back into his seat.

Before coming to a seated position though, Bulyip is standing on his seat and stops to listen. After a moment, he asks, "Do you hear that?" Looking side to side, he seems to be trying figure out what that sound is and where it's coming from.
Arbiter
 GM, 1268 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 21:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"I said 'Here's your order,'!" the surly waitress barks a little louder, plunking down the plate of food in front of Bulyip.  "You need anything else?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 661 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 23:28
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret looked up when Bulyip tapped his hand. He caught the credits before they fell onto the datapad and quietly pocketed them.

"Thanks Bulyip. What are we currently discussing right now?"

Garret shut down the datapad as he spoke; not looking nor sounding apologetic. His studies on medicine were important. In addition to the medical pack and knife he always carried, he now kept a heavy blaster pistol and a portable clip recharger with him; both were stored on the utility belt he wore.

The medical backpack was at his feet under the table with one of his legs hooked through the straps.
Bulyip
 player, 104 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 6 Mar 2012
at 02:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Seeing the food, Bulyip promptly sits down with a smile. Looking to the waitress, he answers, "All good now."

The Aleena is quick to start eating up the food. When no one immediately answers Garret, he starts to answer, "Me think we were talking about making me Captain of my own ship. My own ship, make me Captain Bulyip."
Arbiter
 GM, 1276 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 20:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
The cantina is busy today, but it's not the usual, boisterous place you've come to expect.  Sure, there's the usual bunch of drunken carousers, but there's tension in the air.  People are clumped in groups, muttering to each other in private conversations.

OOC: Everyone roll Perception

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:04, Wed 07 Mar 2012.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 541 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 17:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar

11:23, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,1,6,4. Perception check.

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 101 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 17:24
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den keeps a roving eye on the crowds.

A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,4,5. Perception
Harry Selous
 player, 496 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 19:13
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry spared one quick look around the room, then turned his eyes back to his drink.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,1,1. perception.
Garret Haskel
 player, 663 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 19:53
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret took a fairly quick but thorough scan of the crowd.

OOC: total: 26
14:51, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. perception wild die 2.
14:51, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. perception wild die.
14:50, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,2,5. perception.

Bulyip
 player, 105 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 01:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Enjoying his food, Bulyip does seem to pause and stop to listen for something a couple times. He doesn't quite seem to recognize something that he's hearing.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 542 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 01:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice looks around the interior.  "I wonder what's with people today."
Arbiter
 GM, 1277 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 15:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
You all pick up snippets of conversation, things like "Rebels really stickin' it to the Imps..." "They say the Alliance is gonna liberate the Corporate Sector..." "That damned Hutt totally screwed me out of my profit margin on that last run!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 543 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 17:02
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice throws a glance at A'den.

"Got him?"

He stands.  "Cover me.  Everyone, act normal.  That is to say, carry on being suspicious and brooding."

He fits his earpiece and walks into the crowd.
Arbiter
 GM, 1278 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:21
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice gets up from the table and nonchalantly weaves amongst the cantina's patrons.  He's quickly lost amidst the crowd.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 544 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:43
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 1279 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 545 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 04:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"He went out the door," Roice mutters to the group.

"I'm stepping out.  A'den, stay close.  Everyone else, be ready for a quick exit and action outside."

He goes through the door, hand resting on his blaster.
Garret Haskel
 player, 664 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 09:48
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret goes back to his food, and generally looks relaxed while waiting for whatever "action" to begin.
Arbiter
 GM, 1281 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:26
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice: You hurry out the door in pursuit, but are distracted by a tone from your earpiece.  You have a call.

OOC: Roll Perception/Search to stay on target and not lose sight of him.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 546 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
09:46, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 9 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,3,1,3. Perception check

Roice mutters a curse in Hapani and toggles the receiver.  "Go."
Arbiter
 GM, 1282 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 16:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"This is Doc," replies the gravely voice of your ship mechanic.  "That shipment of parts from the distributor just came in and I need one of you to come down here and sign for it."

Distracted by the call, you lose sight of the man you were trying to follow.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 547 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 19:20
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Thanks Doc, I'm on my way."

He hangs up and switches back to the group.

"Alright guys, I'm going to saunter lazily toward the hangar in an unconcerned and nonchalant manner.  Break up and tail me, in case our mystery guy is trying to lure us."

He stuffs his hands in his jacket pocket, waits a few moments, then begins to stroll back toward the spaceport.

OOC: Paranoid?  Maybe.  Understandably?  Hell yeah.