5: Flying Under the Radar.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Roice Delfinn
 player, 558 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 01:04
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice stands as the speeder arrives, and tries to look non-threatening as the Duros and his bodyguards approach.

He nods.  "A sampling, as discussed.  The remainder is being loaded as we speak, if you like what you see."

He turns and thumbs the lock on the chest.  "I appreciate you seeing us at such short notice, Stoo.  I'm afraid we didn't have time to lase off the serial numbers for you, but it's not like it would matter much."

He opens the lid and steps aside, revealing the ST1s inside.
Arbiter
 GM, 1322 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 01:23
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
The Duros leans over to inspect the contents of the crate, his red eyes widening in appreciation.  "Hey, good stuff," he says.  Stoo reaches for one of the guns, pausing and looking significantly at Daeg's blaster before glancing back at Roice, "You mind if I take a look?"


A'den, Haskel, Bulyip, Selous
Lugging crates from the Gamma to the loading skiff is backbreaking work.  It's also mind-numbingly dull.  There's a reason they make droids for this stuff.

OOC: Each of you roll Perception, please.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 559 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 02:12
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"In fact, I insist," he says to Stoo.  "There's 90 more, just like these."

He watches the Duros closely.

OOC: To see if he actually knows how to properly inspect a rifle.
Garret Haskel
 player, 675 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 08:14
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret looks around after loading a crate onto the skiff.

OOC: 04:12, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,4,2. perception.
Metzz
 player, 28 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 12:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz surveys the scene, determining who he would have to mow down/avoid if he had to open the throttle right now.

12:51, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,1,2. Perception.
12:52, Today: Metzz rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. wild die.  Total 14.

Harry Selous
 player, 501 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 15:15
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry kept an eye out for any trouble. He knew that whenever he thought he was bored, things always heated up fast.

Harry rolled a 16 with a 5, a 5, and a 6.
Im using the iphone again, so you know, copying and pasting is absurd

Daeg Koeran
 player, 9 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2012
at 23:50
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg gave a wolfish grin at the Duros' glance at him, with a laconic shrug he holstered his carbine at the small of his back, keeping his had firmly on it's grip and spat a stream of tobacco juice.  With a critical eye he sized up the broker's bodyguards, then returned his attention to the deal.

You rolled 6 using 2d6 ((2,4)).
Bulyip
 player, 108 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 03:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Tired of the all the lifting, and pushing, Bulyip does whine a little about it. "We take break soon?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1327 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 23:29
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
The Duros, Stoo, pulls the blaster's power pack, then proceeds to examine it carefully, even giving a skeptical look down the barrel.  After he's done, he slaps back in the pack and sets the rifle back in the box.

"That's some prime equipment, Delroi," he says, but his expression is thoughtful, a frown in his face.  "Too prime, if you catch my drift.  There's no way I could move these blasters in this condition, they're practically straight off the factory floor.  I mean, I got a guy, y'know?  Does his thing, adds the right patina of age and use and what-not.  He could make 'em look like surplus goods.  But, he don't comes cheap, y'know?  Something like that, a hundred units..." he pauses, apparently engaging in mental calculation.  "That's gonna cut into the profit margin something fierce, my friend.  But," he says a bit more brightly, that oily grin in place again, "These Rebels are hard up for some serious materiel.  Blasters like these, run through the right channels, could fetch a pretty credit."

The Duros shakes his head, "Eh, but gettin' to the Alliance, that's tough.  They're on the run, moving fast, doin' hit and fade missions.  Hear about 'em all the time on the HoloNet.  Time is money, right?  The longer it takes to find a contact, the more feelers I gotta send out to track someone down, the more credits slip right through my fingers.  And if the Imps find out about it?  Forget about it..."

OOC: Metzz, Daeg, things seem secure for now.


Everyone else
Finally, after over an hour of back-breaking work, you get the crates transferred.  Now you just need to wait for the signal to make the delivery.
Harry Selous
 player, 502 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 23:47
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry set down the last crate and glanced up at the sign of life at the edge of the shipyard.

"Haskel," He said, just loud enough for the man from Naboo to hear him, "Movement over there at (whatever o'clock it is), circle around to the right. Let's check it out. Bulyip, stay here and give a shout if anything happens."

He began to walk at an angle that would take him passed the movement without going directly toward it. This was some highly illegal cargo they were preparing to transport, and there was no point in not being careful.
Metzz
 player, 29 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 00:07
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Metzz considers what is being said.

"Me can make guns look old and dirty.  How much time do I have to do it?
I good at mending things, breaking them, and mending them again"


[META: I got effectively 5D+1 Weapons Repair]
Arbiter
 GM, 1329 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 00:41
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
OOC: This requires a pretty high level of Forgery in addition to technical skill.  Just FYI...
Bulyip
 player, 109 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 01:19
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Catching sight of something, the small Aleena is glad to have a band of companions with him again. It sure makes the unknown a little less frightening.

Looking around, Bulyip looks to double check that what he saw wasn't a distraction for something else.
Garret Haskel
 player, 677 posts
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 01:42
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret would mirror Harry's movement, but going to the right; alert for whatever Harry had spotted.

OOC:
21:41, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 5,5,4. perception.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 560 posts
Sat 17 Mar 2012
at 16:30
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Stoo, the Imps already know about it, I mean, where do you think these came from?"

He holds out his hands in a helpless gesture.  "And you are the right channel, that's why I'm talking to you.  This sale will get us back up to speed, Stoo.  I know you can't have much of a selection of quality runners in this sector, especially ones that have experience with high-traffic lanes and Imperials.  We have that, muscle, and multiple ships.  I've just got to get one payoff to settle up our tech."

He points to the chest, feigning defeat.  "And our asking price is already a huge deal on these, you know it."
Arbiter
 GM, 1333 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 18:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
The Duros spares Metzz a glance, "No offense, my friend, but aging a blaster ain't a science, it's an art..."

He returns to talking to Roice.  "I used to have a guy...  Wroonian, one hell of a gun runner, even if he was certifiable.  Imps shut him down and I haven't heard from him for a while." Stoo sighs, "It's getting so's an honest businessman like myself can't earn a day's pay, y'know?"

He seems to be on the edge.  A good nudge in the form of a Persuasion roll would go a long way towards helping him make up his mind.


Everyone else
Haskel and Selous split up to flank the source of the movement while Bulyip stays behind as lookout.  Whoever it is, they realize they've been spotted and take off.  Since they're on the outside of the fence, they have an excellent head start getting away.

All three of you are able to see that it's a male Twi'lek that's fleeing the scene.
Harry Selous
 player, 503 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 21:51
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry took off running after the twilek as the being made a break for it. If he'd had his sniper rifle set up he would have just shot him, but since he still needed to hook the binoculars up to a rifle, he was forced instead to try and catch him.

Harry selous rolled a 22 for running with a 6, 6, 6, 4
Harry rolled a 6 for wild die with a 6
Harry rolled a 3 for wild die with a 3
Total = 31

Garret Haskel
 player, 678 posts
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 22:33
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Garret recognized the twi'lek from earlier back at the cantina, and that he had a companion. Instead of joining Harry in his breakneck chase, Garret followed more slowly, scanning the area for anyone else.

"Bulyip, keep watch for a rough looking human male. That twi'lek wasn't alone last time I saw him."

While moving he drew his heavy pistol while loosening the knife in its sheath.

OOC:18:32, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. perception CP (ignore previous roll).
18:31, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,1,5. perception.
total: 11

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 103 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 01:11
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
A'den readies his gun and starts to follow  Haskel.
Bulyip
 player, 110 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 01:46
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Oh bantha dung." comments Bulyip at the thought of being left alone to guard and watch the area. He puts his hand on the grip of his blaster, pulling it out just in case. He's not the most likely a one to leap into the fray if blaster shots are flying, but he's hoping that having it in hand will make someone have second thoughts about approaching him.

As he continues to look around, he realizes that having the blaster makes him a target to be taken out if the goal is to take the supplies regardless. Deciding stealth is better than intimidation, the future Captain Bulyip looks for a place to hide while keeping an eye out on the area.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 561 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 02:55
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
"Then let's do some honest work," says Roice.  "Easy work.  Your Alliance contact, would he buy these?"

He doesn't give him time to answer.  "Front us the money to pay off our mechanic--call it an 'investment.'  Then call your guy, set us up a meeting, and we'll take the guns ourselves.  I have it on good authority that Imperial requisitions admin pays 1000 credits even to SoroSuub for these...  Needy folks like Rebels might go so far as to pay half that for brand new stock with charged clips, wouldn't you say?  When we get back with the paycheck, we'll pay you back what we borrowed, plus interest, and a hefty finder's fee.  Say, I don't know, 5000 credits?"

He shrugs.  "All for setting up one easy meeting.  Hell, if you're worried about the loan, I'll even put up some of the other stock we have as collateral."

He closes the chest and locks it.  "It's win-win, Stoo.  We're hurting.  We need this action.  And I'm guessing you want it as much as we do."  He shakes his head.  "This planet is boring."

He puts out his hand.  "What do you say?"


21:55, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 18 using 4d6+1 with rolls of 1,6,6,4. Persuasion roll / Wa Stoo.

RAAAAAAAAGE   >.<
Arbiter
 GM, 1336 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 03:18
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice, Daeg, Metzz
Stoo mulls over the pitch, then nods, "You make that 'finders fee' 10k and you got yourself a deal, Delroi."

Everyone else
Bulyip remains on guard.  Haskel and A'den set off cautiously in pursuit while Selous takes off with an almost super-human burst of speed, jinking quickly around the gate and off after the Twi'lek.

Those of you watching for others don't see anything.
Daeg Koeran
 player, 10 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 06:08
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Daeg frowned, scratching the stubble on his chin in thought.  He was certain this 'Rebellion' would have paid more for the bulk of the weaponry, however, the various integers required to make an informed speculation failed to come to him at the moment, with a mental shrug, he disregarded what he had been about to say.
"I hate to seem pushy, folks, but I gotta deadline here." He said quietly, taking a quick look at his wrist chrono.  The last thing he needed was a visit with the local Espo office tonight, the paperwork would bury him for the next six standard months.
Harry Selous
 player, 504 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 06:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Harry tried to keep up the pace, but no man could run at that speed forever. He slowed down, but he could see the gap between himself and the twilek closing. His years of tracking, chasing, and hunting were finally coming in handy.

Harry Selous rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,2,4,5. Running again.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. cp for running.
Total = 18

Roice Delfinn
 player, 562 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 15:27
Re: 5: Flying Under the Radar
Roice nods at Daeg and after only a short moment's hesitation shakes Stoo's hand.  "Ten thousand it is."

He toggles his comm to the others.  "Everybody, hold position.  There's been a minor change of plans."

He turns back to Stoo and nods toward Daeg.  "If we get that loan today, we can shore it up and hit the lanes tomorrow with the delivery."