6: Reunions.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 1804 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 15:53
6: Reunions
It's a long trip from Farana to Farside Station, skirting the edges of Imperial and Corporate Sector space.  But it's also an uneventful trip.  Everyone gets a chance to rest and get caught up on events.  Stories are swapped and information exchanged so that everyone is up to speed on what happened during the delivery run and back "home" on Farana.

During the occasional slip back into realspace for astrogation recalculations the group convenes on the Clear Skies to share a meal cooked by the team's newest tag along, Y'Tes.  The big, lumpy Houk manages to impress everyone with his culinary skills, even if his temper leaves something to be desired.

At the third "pit stop" to recalibrate the hyperspace data, the hulking brute almost goes after A'den over a misunderstanding concerning a slice of pie.  But the situation is diffused before Y'tes can knock the Mandalorian through a bulkhead and/or A'den ventilates the cook with his blaster.  Compared to what you're used to, the diverted dust-up is a relatively minor bit of entertainment.

Eventually, the small flotilla of freighters arrive at Farside Station.

The station is more of a worldlet, a massive asteroid the size of a small moon hanging in empty space.  There are a few visible external structures--including scattered wreckage of at least one very large ship--but for the most part it just looks like a wayward space rock in the middle of nowhere.  Docking bays are cleverly hidden in craters scattered around the station, allowing ships access to the inside.

Given the size of the station and the amount of traffic buzzing around it as you approach, it's amazing that the place has remained hidden from CSA and Imperial "justice" for so long.

The ships are recognized by flight control and routed to a docking bay near the station's south pole.  Massive, rock-covered hangar doors open wide to allow the ships to enter, then shut closed behind them, returning the crater beyond to its seemingly innocuous appearance.

Inside is a bustling landing pad as busy as any spaceport you've ever been to.  It's the typical mix of rust buckets and high-performance ships common to places where smugglers, pirates, and other ne'er-do-wells congregate.

The group's ships fit right in.

Once the freighters are parked together and engines shut down, the group meets in front of the Sun Tracker.  There's no customs official or worker waiting to take their docking fees, though.  In fact, the hustle and bustle continues as if nobody even noticed the group's arrival...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 681 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 16:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice descends the ramp of the Tracker, strapping his holster around his leg.

"I'm only going to say this once," he says, snapping the strap over his pistol.

"I'm not your master."  He motions around the landing bay.  "This is the kind of place that with enough creds, you could hop on any number of ships and head off in your own direction."

He crosses his arms.  "Nor am I your keeper.  This is also the kind of place that a person could get into trouble in, real quick.  Keep that in mind one hundred percent of the time here.  We're in this thing together, and as long as you are a team player, you'll have the strength of my assets behind you."  He nods up at the Tracker.

"But if you choose to take things too far, then I've got no problem flying off this rock and leaving you to your own devices.  Things here are going to be hard enough without our own brashness and impatience working against us."

He flicks some dust off his jacket.  "So by all means, if you feel the need, go ahead and take off, it's no skin off my back, and hell, I wouldn't even blame you, really.  But if you're with me, then keep things cool, mysterious is better than familiar.  If in doubt, just don't.  Let's make a name for ourselves here, but let's not do it by burning our welcome here with a fiery blast off."

He stands straight, and scans the bay.  "Go by handles, but beyond that, stick to your new profiles," he says, referring to the aliases Chatterbox put together.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Mon 14 Jan 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 594 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 21:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry leaned against one of the landing struts of the tracker as Roice spoke, tucking bola's heavy pistol in to the back of his pants. The words blah blah blah went through his mind once or twice, though saying that out loud was something he'd probably never do. Roice was alright, but Harry had his doubts about the rest of the teams ability to keep a lid on things. All that aside though, he had credits burning a hole in his pocket, and this seemed like just the place to aquire some of the gear he'd had to do without while working to pay off his debt to splynn.
Bulyip
 player, 201 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 04:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Wandering down the ramp right away, he runs about, hardly able to stand still long enough. Excited immensely, his head keeps snapping back and forth, far too impatient as he waits for Roice to finish speaking.


"What's the plan then boss?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1810 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 20:27
Re: 6: Reunions
The group chats about how they plan to spend their money as they approach the exit gate.  There's a small queue of beings waiting to get out into the station proper.

One at a time, each being hands over their possessions (typically one or more blasters) to a guard then step through a detection arch, receiving their guns on the other side.

More than once the arch goes off and a handful of heavily armed beings pop up to confront the surprised and disgruntled person who set off the alarm.  "Take it back to your ship now and nobody gets hurt..." the checkpoint guard says each time.  Invariably, the violator snarls and pulls out some serious piece of hardware.  (Thermal detonator, blaster rifle, etc.  Really heavy weapons.)

One offender, a fidgety Rodian, tries to make a break for it.  Six stun blasts converge on him, dropping the Rodian like a sack of potatoes.  A glass vial of something that's a rather unhealthy shade of chartreuse rolls free from his limp hand.  One of the guards scoops the vial up with practiced precision and dumps it into a metal hopper next to the gate.  The gate guard slams a lid shut on the hopper, revealing a prominent "biohazard" decal.

"Next," he calls out as the Rodian is dragged off.

OOC: Blaster pistols, knives, and other "personal" weapons are allowed (and encouraged).  Anything bigger is verboten.

If you want to try to sneak something past the gate, PM me and let me know and I'll tell you what you need to do to attempt it.

Harry Selous
 player, 596 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 01:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry checked himself to make sure he didn't have any of his nicer toys with him, and just had Bola's blaster. When he got up to the security arch, he handed over the pistol and stepped through, certain nothing he had on him would set it off.
Arbiter
 GM, 1812 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 02:10
Re: 6: Reunions
The gate guard's eyes widen as Selous hands over the "pistol".  He stares at it for a minute as the hunter passes through the gate without incident.

Looking back up, the man says, "This... thing barely qualifies as a pistol.   But, letter of the law and all that." He reluctantly hands it back to Selous.  "You watch yourself.  I'll be notifying the Watch about this hand cannon of yours and if you fire a shot it better be on your way somewhere where they won't find you.  Understand?"
Harry Selous
 player, 597 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 02:50
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grinned as he tucked the hand cannon back in his pants, "Won't be firing it unless somebody makes me."

He turned back to the rest of the crew, "I'm going shopping."

With that, he headed off to look for the stores. His home made armor had helped him a bit, but he didn't feel like making it from scratch again. It was time to find a better outfit.
Bulyip
 player, 202 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 04:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip was watching the search for weapons and being scanned, and thought those trying to smuggle something in was quite a show to watch. He ducked a few times in case a blaster shot was going to come his way. He was about to let Selous know about the weapons policy, certain Selous would have failed any such search.  But, when Harry got there first, it was too late, but it all worked out.

Seeing how easy it was, Bulyip quickly got in line, and looked forward to the search. It looked like it was pretty interesting to see the images up on the scanner. He placed his own blaster pistol in the section he was directed to, asking, "Which way to the food?"
Metzz
 player, 109 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 13:53
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz had his Shutter Gun at his hip.  It was a pistol, just like Bola's Cannon.  He also had a Banthar skin satchel with his personal comm's gear inside.  He looked and listened to see if he recognised anyone.
13:52, Today: Metzz rolled 9 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 1,5,1. Streetwise.
Arbiter
 GM, 1813 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 13:57
Re: 6: Reunions
The gate guard takes Bulyip's gun as the Aleena passes through the checkpoint.  He looks skeptically back and forth between the gun and little Bulyip, then shrugs and mutters, "Try not to shoot your foot off...  Next," as he hands it back.
Garret Haskel
 player, 804 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 20:36
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret moves into the check point and places his utility belt; to which is attached his blaster and knife (but no thermal detonator; assuming there ever was one) and empty backpack in a bin before walking through the gate.
Arbiter
 GM, 1815 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 20:52
Re: 6: Reunions
"Have a nice day..." the gate guard mutters as he hands Haskel back his gear without issue.

Metzz is up next behind Haskel, craning his insectoid head around to see if he notices any familiar faces.

But none present themselves.

He's so distracted that he isn't watching where he's going and steps through the gate without handing over his gun.

Immediately lights start flashing and the armed guards pop up, blasters ready as the gate guard yells, "WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!  Hold it right there, Verpine!"  As the 6 guards point their blasters at Metzz he says, "Shattergun's a prohibited weapon.  Take it back to your ship and you're free to enter the station."
Metzz
 player, 111 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 21:07
Re: 6: Reunions
Dissappointed, Metzz returns to the ship to stow his Shuttergun safely away...
Arbiter
 GM, 1816 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 21:33
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Garret Haskel
 player, 805 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 21:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret stops to watch the commotion Metzz caused; and to wait for him to return in case he wanted to stay with someone.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 684 posts
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 00:10
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice unbuckles and hands over his heavy blaster, then kneels and pulls the holdout from his boot, and holds it out to the guard.

"If one was looking for a few good business leads on this rock, where might be the best place for one to go?" he asks nonchalantly of the guard.
Arbiter
 GM, 1818 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 14:57
Re: 6: Reunions
The excitement now over, the gate guard returns to his bored expression as he checks through Roice.

"There's vendors and diners all over the station," he replies to Bulyip.  "Just follow your nose.  But I'd stay away from the Hutt Quarter if I were you, they don't serve anything I'd recommend to an enemy, let alone a friend."

As he hands Roice's gear back he adds, "Same thing with 'business'.  Go plunk yourself down in a cantina and a job'll find you.  Also, there's a station-wide posting system where various employers will put up listings looking for hired hands.  Good way to get hired on short-term on a ship or pick up some quick pocket change.  Same warning about the Hutt Quarter, by the way.  You're best just to avoid it..."
Harry Selous
 player, 598 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 15:10
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry overheard the guard's comments to the others as he headed away in to the station. He stopped and waited for them.

"So, Hutt quarters?" He asked with a grin, "I'm willing to take bets on them having the best black market gear on this whole rock. Anybody coming with?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 685 posts
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 15:59
Re: 6: Reunions
"Very sound advice," Roice deadpans as he restows his blasters.

"Very generic advice," he adds.  He quickly drops his hand into his coat pocket.

"I was hoping for something slightly more specific," he says as he leans in slips a 50 cred chit into the guard's hand.

"Surely someone with intimate knowledge of the happenings on-station would know a professional businessman could cut out a few useless middle men."
Arbiter
 GM, 1819 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 16:13
Re: 6: Reunions
The gate guard slips the cred chip into his pocket with a sly grin and nods, "Someone like that might know a thing or two," he agrees.  "Like, anyone willing to haul for the Rebels can make a lot of money.  Fast.  High risk, but high reward.  I wouldn't know anything about that, myself, I have a real job.  But a buddy of mine heard the Rebels may or may not have set up shop on the station and might or might not be advertising for blockade runners and smugglers under an assumed alias on the posting network.

"Other than that," he shrugs, "I'd advise you to either start combing the bars, that's where the smaller operators tend to look to make deals.  You want big work?  Head to the Hutts.  They run most of the big operations out of Farside.  But, I wouldn't count on coming out on the right side of any deal you make with them."
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 119 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 17:23
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den follows the group to the gate. He pulls out a single throwing knife from a belt sheath and hands it over. On the other side of the gate he nods his thanks to the guard and walks over to Roice.
"Boss, I would like to keep your back covered. I dont have anything smaller than my rifle besides this knife, so I want to pick up a couple of personal weapons first. If you dont mind a small wait before going after a job."


OOC: A'den is wearing simple, rugged civilian wear. No other weapons besides the knife.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Thu 17 Jan 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1820 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 17:26
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den is waved through without incident and Metzz returns and is passed through after swapping his shattergun for a KK-5.

BTW: Not one mention has been made of the obvious Imperial make of many of the weapons.

Now on the other side of the ckeckpoint, the group is free to enter the station proper and explore.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 686 posts
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 05:52
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice nods at A'den.

'Coming out on the wrong side of deals is our specialty,' he says truthfully to the guard.

'I didn't catch your name...'  Roice pats his jacket pocket.  'If I were to perhaps need additional station expertise in the near future, are you an easy man to find?'

This message was last edited by the player at 05:53, Fri 18 Jan 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1823 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 16:18
Re: 6: Reunions
The guard glances down at his chest, where a shiny badge with the name "R. Hayes" is pinned.  "I'm pretty much always here," he says.  "Unless I'm off shift, in which case I prefer not to be bothered.  You gentlebeings have a nice day, now," he says, waving the group along.  It's clear that he's done talking and in more interesting in cycling the backlog of entrants who have piled up while he was chatting.
Bulyip
 player, 203 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 18:37
Re: 6: Reunions
With Harry offering a chance to join him looking for black market gear in the Hutt district, Bulyip doesn't hesitate about shaking his head side to side. He mutters, "Hutts mean bad poodoo."

He starts to walk off, saying, "Me no need big weapons. Smarter to stay hidden. Me hungry. Go look for food"

The little Aleena seems happy to wander off by himself.
Arbiter
 GM, 1824 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 20:26
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Okay, before everyone goes off to look for whatever, let me give you a little bit of a lowdown on the station.

First off, it's huge, like Death Star big.  A person could spend their whole life in the place and never see half of it.  Also, it's chaotic.  The entire station feels and looks like it was built by committee.  It's all slapdash and jury-rigged, a lot of the interior seems to have come from old ships or prefab colony equipment.

Second, if you want it, you can probably find it here.  The station is a haven that caters specifically to criminals.  Smugglers, pirates, drug runners, slavers, you name it.  There's a reason the Hutt's have invested enough effort to secure a whole quarter of the station for themselves.  That being said, just because it's here doesn't mean it's cheap.

Third, don't expect the law to come to your rescue when (not if) you inevitably run afoul of someone's temper.  Again, this place is a haven for criminals and the CSA and Empire have no jurisdiction here.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 689 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 16:41
Re: 6: Reunions
"This is a big place, so keep an eye on your comlink reception," says Roice to the group before they split up.  "Check in with C-Box periodically, and let's plan on reconvening at the ships in... four hours.  And try not to kill anybody between now and then."

He looks to A'den.  "Let's go get you outfitted."
Arbiter
 GM, 1835 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 18:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Everyone now having cleared the gate, the group splits up to see the sights.

The sheer scope of the station's interior is awe-inspiring and even the most jaded being has to stop and take a moment to take in the view.  The interior is mostly open, although there are all sorts of bridges, walkways, suspended levels, etc. violating the space.  Still, the amount of clear air making up the middle of the station is impressive.  A Star Destroyer could probably fly unhindered through the middle of Farside.

The view goes on and on and on, in this case up since you're emerging near the "bottom" of the station (having docked at the South Pole).  Actual clouds of condensation block the view all the way up.  Also, a huge, slowly rotating sphere--itself probably the size of a star cruiser--hovers in the middle of the view like a captive moon.  Several spars reach out from the walls of the station to make contact with the sphere, bright arcs of power leaping between the ends of the spars and the free-floating sphere.  It's impossible to tell if it's feeding them (the spars) or they're feeding it.

All around, moving in every conceivable direction, are beings of every shape, size, and smell.  The immediate transitways around the docking bay are fairly crowded with beings going to and fro.  Many, like you, are just now arriving at the station, and more than a few stop to stare in amazement at the surroundings.  It's clear which people have been here a time or two, though, as many just go about their business without pause.

Given the station's reputation as a shelter for less than lawful types, everyone seems to be behaving quite well.

Of course, to fully maintain the illusion you have to do things like turn a blind eye to the smug Trandoshan hauling along a chain of collared, cuffed, and muzzled Wookiee slaves or the Ishi-Tib in a nearby alcove selling what are obviously deathsticks to a wretched-looking Nikto.

Still, at least nobody's shooting anyone.

So far.

OOC: Everyone give me a brief description of what you're looking for and make a Streetwise roll.  Add +1D if you're willing to try to interact with the locals and get directions.
Harry Selous
 player, 603 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 19:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry began to wander off, observing the crowd around him as he walked. It was an interesting scene, that was certain. As he moved, he tried to determin where the best military surplus or black market weapons and armor dealer would be. He thought back to what the guard said, and contemplated trying to find the hutt quarter.

OOC - firstly, I'm on my iPhone, so the roll won't be a direct copy paste. Secondly, wookie slaves, that would cost roughly what?
I rolled a 9 for streetwise
And finally, I know we're finally through security, but is it to late to go back and grab my scary ballistic face mask?

Arbiter
 GM, 1836 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 20:36
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: You're free to go back and forth through the gate as often as you'd like.

Also, Wookiees are going for about 5k a head (Empire's paying top credit for them) but since freeing enslaved Wookiees was what got Haskel drummed out of the Imperial Navy he might have a thing or two to... discuss with anyone wanting to purchase their own personal throw rug.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:37, Tue 22 Jan 2013.

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 120 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 21:20
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den is looking for a pair of upgunned blaster pistols, something with a little more damage output than normal for their size. A few other peices of kit, like quick-draw holsters, a few throwing knives, and a wrist mounted retractable blade.

OOC: A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 13
Garret Haskel
 player, 811 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 21:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Haskel decided to look around until he found the first weapons shop that appeared to have at least good quality medical equipment. He was extra careful to avoid bumping into anyone who looked likely to have a really bad attitude.

He avoided looking too much at the wookiee slaves to avoid drawing unwanted attention to himself; he still had a rather strong disgust for slavery.


OOC:
16:20, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 7 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,5. streetwise.

Well yes; he would. Whether or not his blaster joined in would depend on "why" a wookiee slave was purchased.

Bulyip
 player, 204 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 19:52
Re: 6: Reunions
The short Aleena is happy to talk with people as he asks for some things he's been looking for, in particular, a blue leather jacket, food stuff, and even storable food stuff for later, and a Captain's hat.
Metzz
 player, 113 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 20:43
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz is looking for high quality electronics and comm's gear, tools for the same and the like.  Metzz isn't going to pay full price for this stuff, so he needs to find good gear that's broken in some way, past its best, obsulete or being sold for scrap.  He needs enough parts to make a Hush-98 Comlink [Equip p80], 2 if possible, plus the tools to make them.
20:31, Today: Metzz rolled 18 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 4,6,6. Streetwise.

Once he has all the gear he needs, he will spend the next few hyperspace jumps building.
Arbiter
 GM, 1844 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 04:44
Re: 6: Reunions
The group splits up, each eager to explore and do some shopping.

Selous: Biiiig place, but the Hutts have equally large egos.  Your hunting and tracking skills actually come in handy as you're able to observe the ebb and flow of traffic around you as you walk.  Reasoning that the Hutts would employ the biggest guys, give them the best gear, and have delivered the finest goods, you set your sights on a group of well-dressed thugs carrying prime equipment.  The men are escorting a crate with "Caution: Perishable Foodstuffs" stamped across it.

A'den: You and Roice wander for a bit, mostly just taking in the sights and sounds.  But as for finding new gear, nothing presents itself immediately.

Haskel: You wisely keep your head down and don't go looking for trouble.  But your non-confrontational attitude doesn't really help you find what you're looking for, either.

Bulyip: For the most part you get indifference or the odd gruff curse followed by a swift kick.  But you're used to ducking those.  A few folks, though, aren't as rude (either taking pity or finding you amusing) and point you towards some shops.

A bit later, you are happily wandering down the promenade, munching on a tasty sandwich, jacket thrown over your shoulders and shiny new hat perched on your head.

Metzz: You have an easier time than most finding what you're looking for.  Nice thing about being a Verpine in search of shops specializing in communications equipment is that you have a built-in means of sniffing them out.

You aren't distracted by the surroundings or the goings-on, as you're focused on a totally different set of stimuli.  Tracking down the signals emanating from a likely place brings you to a cluttered, dark little shop filled with all sorts of gadgets, parts, and components.  One of your species is behind the counter, greatly facilitating cutting right to the chase and making a deal.

OOC: You're free to RP a bit or cut to the chase as you see fit.  Anyone who didn't find what they were looking for can make another PER check.

Harry Selous
 player, 605 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 07:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry tried to keep his hunting and tracking skills at the fore of his mind. They might have helped earlier, but now that he wasliterally tracking a group of men through the station, he felt he would be much successful. He didn't want to talk to the meatheads, so he tried to blend in with the crowd as they moved along ahead of him. Not to mention that there was no way of knowing what they were actually transporting, and he certainly didn't want to interrupt a drug shipment.


OOC - I don't know if I should roll anything specific, or just perception or what.
Arbiter
 GM, 1845 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 13:46
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: What you're doing right now is specifically the Urban Tracking skill.  But, since you don't have it, roll PER.
Harry Selous
 player, 606 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 13:59
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC - Gotchya

Harry Selous rolled 9 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,2,4. perception for urban tracking.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. Urban tracking CP.
total - 14

A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 121 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 15:20
Re: 6: Reunions

09:19, Today: A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. Perception check CP1.
09:19, Today: A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 12 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,4,5. Perception check.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 692 posts
Tue 5 Feb 2013
at 17:45
Re: 6: Reunions
Tagging along nonchalantly with A'den while taking it all in, Roice thumbs his comm back to the Tracker.

"C-Box, you reading me?"
Bulyip
 player, 206 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 5 Feb 2013
at 18:08
Re: 6: Reunions
Feeling like he's made it big time, Bulyip is pretty happy. Sitting by a wall as he eats his sandwich, the Aleena has a warm leather jacet that feels great, and a captain hat to prove he's a Captain of a ship now. Wondering how this could get any better, he starts to pull out a few baubles he's collected, and play with them on the ground.

Using a couple pieces of game pieces long removed from the game he found them in, plus a piece of stick, he mocks out a little scene from his favorite holovid.

Doing his best impression of Prince Casio, he mimics the deep voice, "Don't worry Saria, me will protect you from those droids."

And then he takes a bite of his snadwich, before mumbling through a higher pitched voice, "Oh Prnce Casio! Look out!"

Bulyip takes the baubles, make them 'run away' back into his pocket for safe keeping as he smiles at himself for his efforts, while finishing the last morsal of his meal.

Content, he gets up, and walks back towards the ship, and then realizes, "Me had better go find bigger seat for ship so Bul...er.. Captain can sit in Captain seat."

Bulyip is going to look for a larger seat, to put on the ship. I'm thinking booster seat, or adjustable seat for his smaller stature.
12:06, Today: Bulyip rolled 16 using 4d6 with rolls of 2,6,6,2. looking for ship seat with asking directions.
Metzz
 player, 114 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 5 Feb 2013
at 18:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz starts searching for the more common of his required items in the junk shop.
16:47, Today: Metzz rolled 19 using 4d6+1 with rolls of 2,6,6,4. Search Junkshop.

After he has got all the basic tools and spares, Metzz with negotiate with his kin for the special stuff and final price.
16:55, Today: Metzz rolled 15 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,4,5. PER (Bargain).
16:56, Today: Metzz rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. Wild Die.  Total PER = 16.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:34, Fri 08 Feb 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1850 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 18:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous: You stay a respectable distance from the thugs, but close enough to tail them.  The farther you get form the dock, the thinner the crowd gets, but there's still plenty of cover to keep from looking like you're stalking the men.

They round a corner where a sign suspended from an overhead rail reads "LIFT ACCESS" in basic and a couple of other languages.

Bulyip: Back near the dock gate you ask a few folks where you might find what you're looking for and, after dodging a few more irritated kicks, are pointed to a likely place.

There are several merchants up on Level 24 Below near the mid-station docks that specialize in surplus parts from all sorts of ships.

(Levels are numbered starting from 0 depending on which direction they are from the station's equator.  The ships are docked at level 175 Below.  I told you this place was big...)

Metzz: You engage in discussion with the Verpine, quickly coming to an agreement on price for the parts you are looking for.  She indicates pleasure at talking to a member of her own species, citing the presence of very few Verpines on the station.

It is suggested by her broadcast spectrum and pheromone output that she finds your presence enjoyable for reasons beyond conversation.

A'den and Roice: After wandering a bit more, A'den catches sight of a likely place up on the next level.  There's a nearby open staircase leading up to the mezzanine above which seems to be the best access to the shops above.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 83 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 18:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"Loud and clear, Bossman!" the droid brain replies cheerily.  "Hey, have you had a chance to look at the job board yet?  We could make a fortune running cargo for the Hutts!  And I've already got a line on a data mining job that could prove to be pretty lucrative if you don't mind potentially having a Colicoid weapons czar looking to eat you.

Literally.  He will eat you.

But I digress.  What's up?"
Metzz
 player, 115 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 19:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz takes the opportunity to return the Females signals with the customary high frequency oscillation of his antennae...  He'll take some time off as there doesn't seem to be much else to do right now.
Harry Selous
 player, 607 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 19:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry hurried forward, slowing down as he neared the corner, then tried to bored the lift with the men carrying the crate. If he got in the lift with then, he'd lean against a wall of the lift, close his eyes, and wait for them to get off. If they tried to stop him from entering, he'd have to come up with another plan.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 693 posts
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 22:29
Re: 6: Reunions
"No Hutts, not yet.  Run a search for freighter jobs, filter in that we're trigger-capable and have seen ground action.  Something straightforward, but pick a posting that's been there longer than the others.  We want to show that we can handle a mission that other groups don't want to without complaining about it.

"Basically, the quicker we can get a solid reputation here, the better."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 84 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 17:00
Re: 6: Reunions
"Old stuff, dirty work, things nobody else wants to do.  Gotcha.  I'm on it, Captain.  And let me just say that while I admire your entrepreneurial spirit, I pity you immensely.  Also, I'm glad I don't have a nose..."

Chatterbox cuts the comm line.
Arbiter
 GM, 1853 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 17:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz: Make a PER roll modified by your Streetwise (+1 per D) to get your insectile mack on with the fine, chitinous lady.

Also... Ick...

Selous: You hurry to catch up with the men and find them just now entering the lift.  You're not the only one getting on with the thugs and they don't seem to care as you squeeze into the elevator with the group.

Although one guy does grunt in annoyance and warn you to "Watch it, pal..." as you step on his foot.

The door slides shut and the lift begins to rise.

A'den and Roice: Conversation over with Chatterbox for now, the two of you head up the stairway to the mezzanine on the next level.

Roll Streetwise, please.

Haskel: You still with us?  Still looking for things?
Metzz
 player, 116 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 17:17
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz licks his lips and rubs his hands together lasciviously...

17:15, Today: Metzz rolled 11 using 3d6+4 with rolls of 1,5,1. Seduction.  On No!!!
Roice Delfinn
 player, 694 posts
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 17:36
Re: 6: Reunions
You rolled 10 using 3d6 ((1,4,5)).

Yeaaaaaah....

Garret Haskel
 player, 815 posts
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 21:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Not finding what he is looking for; Haskel decides to make his way back to the Kaadu still careful not to get on the bad side of anyone. Once through security (submitting to another check if necessary) he would remain on his ship with it locked up tight while the others did their shopping.

OOC: Yeah. I think Haskel is gonna sit this one out and stay on his ship. He's had enough adventures in seedy areas to last for the time being.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 122 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 11 Feb 2013
at 21:12
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC:
A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. Streetwise CP.
A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 12 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 3,6,1. Streetwise roll.
Harry Selous
 player, 608 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 12 Feb 2013
at 02:08
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry mumbled an apology, then proceeded with his plan. He'd close his eyes and wait till he heard the men get out of the lift before following them. Hopefully they were delivery to the hutts and not from.

OOC- Harry rolled a 6 with a 1 on the wild die while rolling perception to listen to the men leaving the lift.
Bulyip
 player, 207 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 12 Feb 2013
at 04:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip happily and excitedly heads towards level 24 near the mid level docks. He's thinking a new Captain command chair for his small frame would come in handy. Considering his interest in learning to fly, it could even be useful.

The Small Aleena even considers that he could use some new movies to watch while in hyperspace. It always makes time go by much faster, and it's something he always enjoys. Maybe even a new video player. He'll have to take a look around.
Arbiter
 GM, 1861 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Haskel: You return to your ship, free from any unwanted encounters for a change.  Chatterbox cuts in on the comm as you board the Kaadu, "Hey, welcome back, Mr. Haskel.  Bored already?  I'd've thought you'd be having fun stretching your legs."

Selous: After a few stops to let others off, the elevator finally reaches its destination.  You have to exit the lift to make way for the thugs and their cargo, but that's all right, because it looks like you've reached your destination anyway.

The Hutt Quarter is pretty much what you'd expect given who runs the place.  Dirty, sleazy, something illegal happening in every corner.  Big guys with guns all over the place.

You've never felt more at home in your life...

Bulyip: After placing an order for a fancy new booster seat, you ask for more directions to find things you'd like to buy and get pointed towards some more shops.

Make a Streetwise roll, please.

Mettz: Your attempt to get your buggy groove on with the pleasantly articulated female in the electronics shop are curtailed when an angry chittering from the back room interrupts your seductive signal transmissions.

A big Verpine (half a meter taller than you) angrily throws aside the curtain closing off the back area of the shop.  He storms out to the counter, antennae quivering.

[FEMALE MARITAL UNIT, WHAT ARE THESE SIGNALS I AM DETECTING!?!] he transmits angrily.  [WHO ARE YOU, INTERLOPING MALE UNIT!?!] he blares at you, the strength of his radio signals causing you mild discomfort.

[Be calm, Male Marital Unit.] the female says, trying to deflect the big guy's anger. [A business transaction was being conducted, nothing more.]

Roice and A'den: Roice stumbles on a step on the way up, A'den instinctively reaching out to help him.  Thus distracted, both men are caught off guard when a pair of large men interpose themselves at the top of the stairway.  A quick check reveals that a similar pair set themselves up at the bottom.

One of the men at the top gestures for the two of you to continue forward, grunting, "No blaster, no problems, right?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 696 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice continues to walk up the steps toward the brute, trying not to appear caught off-guard.  He runs his fingers through his hair, toggling the transmitter to C-Box on his earpiece as he does.

"Just to clarify: no problem for us, or for you?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1862 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:32
Re: 6: Reunions
"'Zactly," the big guy replies taciturnly.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 697 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice nods and says, "Glad to see we agree on that," as he reaches the top of the steps.

"So, is this a 'follow us' type of affair, or an 'I've got a message for you from my boss' sort of thing?  Regardless," he says, look at A'den, "it's the most interesting thing that's happened to us all day, thus I'm thoroughly intrigued."
Arbiter
 GM, 1863 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Without a word, the two goons step aside, revealing a very familiar face.

It's Kaara Zone's face.

And it's not a happy one.
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 25 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 18:52
Re: 6: Reunions
"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" she bellows, slapping Roice so hard that the only reason he doesn't fall back down the stairs is that one of the goons that had followed you up from the bottom of the staircase reaches out to steady him.

"You losers dare show your faces after what you did?  You Actually have the balls to just wander around my turf?  I ought to have my boys kill you right where you stand..." That last is uttered with such absolute venom that both Roice and A'den are momentarily distracted looking for fang marks on their necks.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 698 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 19:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice's eyes go wide and he slowly reaches his hand to his smarting cheek.  He makes a show of checking for loose teeth with his tongue, then calmly says, "Nice to see you too, Kaara."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 26 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 19:08
Re: 6: Reunions
"Why did you do it, Delfinn?" Zone hisses, "Did someone pay you off?  Or did you just decide to cut your losses and go solo?  I need to know so I can tell my boys how many pieces to cut you into."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 700 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:06
Re: 6: Reunions
He wipes the side of his mouth with the back of his hand.  "I'd have an easier time explaining it to you if I knew what the hell you were talking about."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 27 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:10
Re: 6: Reunions
"You think playing dumb is going to work with me, Delfinn?" Zone sneers.  "Let's go," she says to her goons.  "Don't hurt them.  Yet."

The only goon to speak so far shrugs in a semi-apologetic manner and says, again, "No blasters, no problems, right?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 701 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice rolls his eyes and holds up his arms.

"Stop, Kaara," he says, exasperated.  "I've got no idea what you're talking about--why would I lie?  And muscling us off like this is 1) not going to encourage me to want to be straightforward with you, and 2) not going to work, because that's A'den Nuhaatyc," he motions to his partner, "and you might remember his pedigree and why your father hired him in the first place."

He drops his arms.

"So just stop with this, and give me a chance to offer an excuse for... whatever the hell it is that I did to warrant you slapping me."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 28 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Kaara casts a quick, nervous look at A'den (she's never seen him out of his armor before), then snarls.  "Fine, you want to continue this charade?" She grabs Roice by the collar and pulls his face close to hers.  "Where.  Is.  My.  FATHER?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 702 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:44
Re: 6: Reunions
After a moment, Roice starts to speak up, but then stops short and scowls.

"You expect me to think you care all of a sudden?  That's rich, considering your infamously casual relationship with him."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 29 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:49
Re: 6: Reunions
For moment it looks like Kaara is going to tear Roice's face off.  Then a crack appears in her mask and something like actual, honest hurt and loss appears for a fraction of a second, only to be replaced by a scornful sneer as she lets go of his collar and steps away from him.

"Like I said, boys, bring 'em and don't hurt 'em."

She walks away, glancing back over her shoulder at Roice, "Or should I just go ahead and revoke the prepaid docking fees my partner posted for that little loser fleet of yours?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 703 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 21:59
Re: 6: Reunions
"That little loser fleet is what successfully smuggled the VicePrex out of converging CSA and Imperial forces and safely ferried him to a hospital on Farana."

He stands his ground.

"And kept bounty hunters and CSA trackers off his--OUR trail during his recuperation...  not that he deserves any of it for what he did to...  Not that he deserved any of it."
Garret Haskel
 player, 817 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 22:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
Haskel: You return to your ship, free from any unwanted encounters for a change.  Chatterbox cuts in on the comm as you board the Kaadu, "Hey, welcome back, Mr. Haskel.  Bored already?  I'd've thought you'd be having fun stretching your legs."

"I've had enough "fun" to last for the time being, and this place is definitely not my type of place. What trouble are the others finding; or getting found by?"
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 123 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 00:55
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den watches this all in a casual stance. When on of the goons look like they might actually try to manhandle him he adopts a more serious manner and shifts into a more ready but loose stance.
Harry Selous
 player, 611 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 03:07
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry took a deep breath to taste the air. Filth and gun lubricant filled his nose. All this place was missing was the pervading smell of Chomper's discharge and he would have settled down right here and now.

Shaking himself from his thoughts, he gazed about. He'd look for stores, or cantinas, or someone who looked like they were in a position of mid level authority. He didn't want to go for a hutt directly, that might get him killed, but go through a lieutenant in their organization, and he might appear more amiably.
Bulyip
 player, 208 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 03:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
Bulyip: After placing an order for a fancy new booster seat, you ask for more directions to find things you'd like to buy and get pointed towards some more shops.

Make a Streetwise roll, please.

Feeling like it's his day, the small Aleena keeps on his shopping adventure. Imaging what his booster seat is going to look like in his new spot on the co pilots seat, he will look for his next item of purchase.
Metzz
 player, 118 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 10:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
Mettz: Your attempt to get your buggy groove on with the pleasantly articulated female in the electronics shop are curtailed when an angry chittering from the back room interrupts your seductive signal transmissions.

A big Verpine (half a meter taller than you) angrily throws aside the curtain closing off the back area of the shop.  He storms out to the counter, antennae quivering.

[FEMALE MARITAL UNIT, WHAT ARE THESE SIGNALS I AM DETECTING!?!] he transmits angrily.  [WHO ARE YOU, INTERLOPING MALE UNIT!?!] he blares at you, the strength of his radio signals causing you mild discomfort.

[Be calm, Male Marital Unit.] the female says, trying to deflect the big guy's anger. [A business transaction was being conducted, nothing more.]

"Please to meet you.  Metzz is my name, electronics is my game.  I would like to propose a business deal to you.  I've already bought what I needed, but can see the immence untapped potential here too.  I am probably the best comm's engineer around here, and I want to turn all your obsolete, tired, or just scrap gear into a tidy profit.

Here's my proposal;
I've got 400 Credits.  Sell me enough parts to build another Hush 98.  I've already bought parts to build one for myself.  The next time I'm back on the station, I'll sell you the rebuilt Hush 98 for 1,500 Credits.  You can sell it for 3,000 Credits, making a clear profit AND undercutting the competition.  The more parts you can give me, the more profit I can generate for you.  I'm good, like I said..."


10:13, Today: Metzz rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,2,2. Persuade.
10:14, Today: Metzz rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. Wild Die. TOTAL = 14.

Arbiter
 GM, 1874 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 13:46
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: I'll get to everyone else in a little while.  Want to clear up Metzz and Roice/A'den first while things are fresh in my mind.


Roice and A'den:
Roice Delfinn:
He stands his ground.

A rough shove in the back from one of the goons behind him sets Roice in motion despite his determination to stay rooted to the spot and keep the plot there with him. (>:P)

A'den reacts as you'd expect a Mandalorian to, he whirls and prepares to beat the ever loving poodoo out of the guy.  But a quick tactical assessment of the situation convinces him that it's wiser to just play along for now and start walking as well.

Kaara leads the way, the four goons flanking the two prisoners on each side.  As they walk past the gun shop A'den had been hoping to find some new gear at, people hurry to get out of the way, ducking aside or shifting their course.  They didn't want to be a part of what was going on.

The group walks in silence for a while.  Any questions or comments are summarily ignored.  After a ride in a lift to level 50 Below, Roice and A'den are escorted to a nicely appointed--if somewhat chintzy-looking--office block and led inside.

A soft tone announces the group's arrival at one of the offices, the decor inside a mixture of Hutt overindulgence and Coruscant-like art-deco styling.  It doesn't take a thorough examination to see that the decorations and furniture are all very cheap knock-offs.

A pretty near-human receptionist sits behind a desk, filing her nails.  She looks up as the group enters the office.  "He's in his office," she says to Kaara.  "He's 'spectin' ya an' he wanted me to tell ya he ain't happy..."

"Oh, I'll bet he isn't..." Zone mutters.  "Thank you, Denees.  Why don't you go take your lunch break?"

The receptionists eyes widen as she looks from Zone to the goons to the men they're guarding, then back to the goons, then back to Zone.  Visibly swallowing in nervousness, she quickly scuttles out the door without another word or backwards glance.

Once Denees is gone, Kaara motions for Roice and A'den to follow her.  "Let's go have that talk you want so badly, Delfinn..." she says.
Arbiter
 GM, 1875 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 13:50
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz: The Verpine comm tech flees the shop ducking a hail of hurled garbage and vile curses.  Once he's a safe distance away and is sure the big, angry male isn't coming after him, he takes a moment to make sure he has all his purchases still before finding a quiet spot to sit and collect himself.

He claims a small table at an "outdoor" cafe and asks the waitress to bring him a drink.  As he waits, he has time to ponder the wisdom of throwing business pitches at irate, cuckolded husbands...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 706 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 15:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Scowling, Roice mutters to A'den, "I get the distinct feeling that I'm about to be very, very unhappy.  Be ready for anything."

He follows her.
Arbiter
 GM, 1876 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 16:50
Re: 6: Reunions
Haskel: "Well," Chatterbox replies, "It seems Captain Delfinn has been captured and dragged off by that awful Zone woman," the droid brain replies, as if discussing the weather.  "I haven't heard any police bulletins or reports of murders or riots yet, so I can only assume the rest of the group is just shopping."

Bulyip: You happily hop into a lift to travel to the level where you can buy more things.  It might just be a coincidence, but you seem to recall seeing the two beings who get in the lift with you at several other points in your travels through the station.

Maybe they're just headed to the same shop?

Selous: Actual stores seem to be in short supply at first glance.  Although a few of the shadier looking alcoves do seem to contain individuals trading items of some sort or another.  Cantinas, though?  There are plenty of those.

You sidle into a likely looking spot and are immediately assaulted by the sights and sounds of far too many aliens crammed into far too small a drinking establishment.  But, given the quality of the twi'lek dancers up on the bar's tiny stage (and teh scantiness of their outfits), you think this might not be such a bad place to hang out for a bit.
Arbiter
 GM, 1877 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 16:51
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
Scowling, Roice mutters to A'den, "I get the distinct feeling that I'm about to be very, very unhappy.  Be ready for anything."

He follows her.

There are more offices and rooms back beyond the reception area.  Zone leads you to the rearmost office and opens the door without bothering to knock.
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 28 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 16:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Well, I see that you found them, then," The thin, purple Hutt grumbles sourly, glaring at the woman as she strides into his office without so much as a "by your leave"

"It was hard not to notice when the Sun Tracker landed on the station in a prepaid slip registered to your account, Loobagga," she replies.

"Yes, well, I'd hoped that I could slip them in under your nose so that we could all meet peacefully and have a pleasant talk." The Hutt turns to Roice and A'den and smiles in a relatively friendly manner, "Gentlemen, I believe this is the first time we've made direct acquaintance, but I know you by reputation and through our mutual friends Agial'ili and Ms. Zone.  I am Loobagga the Hutt and it would please me if you would consider yourselves my guest today.  Despite your treatment thus far," he casts a quick glare at Zone, who returns the expression tenfold, "I have nothing but good wishes for you and your crew and would like to talk as friends and colleagues.  We have a lot to talk about."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:58, Fri 15 Feb 2013.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 707 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 16:58
Re: 6: Reunions

This message was deleted by the player at 17:22, Fri 15 Feb 2013.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 708 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 17:30
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice's shoulders release tension and he lets out a slow breath as he hears the Hutt's demeanor.

He doesn't bother hiding his initial confusion, but his mouth parts as he hears Agial'ili's name mentioned.  The rest of the introduction is lost on him.

"You--You know where Agial'ili is?"
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 29 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 17:40
Re: 6: Reunions
"Umm, yes, about that..." The Hutt's smile turns to an expression of consternation.  "Please, please, have a seat, gentlemen.  Kaara, would you fetch Denees so she can take their drink orders."

"I sent her off on her break," Zone says.  "I still have to have my little 'talk' with Delfinn later and didn't want her getting blood on her shoes..."

"Blast it, Kaara, enough!" Loobagga spits back.  "You're mad at them, you've made your point.  But I brought them here for a reason, a reason directly pertaining to a large chunk of profit that is burning a horrible, red hole in our bottom line.  You can do your little 'vengeful daughter horribly wronged by the universe' routine afterwards."

Zone says nothing, just storms out of the room, the four goons following her.

The Hutt shakes his head, "My apologies, gentlemen.  Our partnership is... turbulent, as you probably recognize.  She has quite the grudge against you, Captain Delfinn, but right now that's secondary to what I need and what, I hope, you will be able to provide."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 709 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 18:00
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice sits and listens, and is about to wave and say something sarcastic to Kaara as she walks out, but stops short.

"Wait just a second," he says, shaking his head.  "You brought us here?  How did that work, exact--"  His face falls.

He sits up straight and grits his teeth.  He quietly fumes for a few seconds.

"If my ship's computer would have told me that it had other motivations for our visit here," he roughly pulls the comm from his ear and holds it to his mouth, screaming into it, "THEN PERHAPS I WOULD HAVE BEEN SLIGHTLY MORE PREPARED FOR THIS MEETING!"

He slams the com down on Loogie's desk and takes a few ragged breaths.

After a moment, he straightens his hair and flattens his lapels, then says calmly, "How can we help you, Mr. Loobagga?"
Harry Selous
 player, 614 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 18:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry took a seat where he was in plain view of the dancers and the rest of the cantina.

"Anybody actually serving paying customers in this dive can bring me the strongest drink they've got that won't outright poison a human being." He says, just loudly enough to be heard over the din of the cantina.

He wanted to draw attention to himself. If anyone in the neighborhood thought he'd be an easy mark, they'd find themselves mistaken, and he'd find himself a weak link in whatever hutt's organization ran this area. A weak link was as good as a strong one for making introductions. Possibly better, if the link feared him more then it feared it's chain.
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 30 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 19:13
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
Roice sits and listens, and is about to wave and say something sarcastic to Kaara as she walks out, but stops short.

"Wait just a second," he says, shaking his head.  "You brought us here?  How did that work, exact--"  His face falls.

He sits up straight and grits his teeth.  He quietly fumes for a few seconds.

"If my ship's computer would have told me that it had other motivations for our visit here," he roughly pulls the comm from his ear and holds it to his mouth, screaming into it, "THEN PERHAPS I WOULD HAVE BEEN SLIGHTLY MORE PREPARED FOR THIS MEETING!"

He slams the com down on Loogie's desk and takes a few ragged breaths.

After a moment, he straightens his hair and flattens his lapels, then says calmly, "How can we help you, Mr. Loobagga?"

A pained little "ow..." filters up from the discarded comm's earpiece.

The Hutt seems unphased by Roice's antics and merely launches into his spiel.

"I realize that your departure from Gaurick IV was a tad... hectic.  And it seems in the wake of your speedy exit, you left some things behind, most notable Ms. Zone and Miss Agial'ili.  Since remaining on a planet that was about to suffer the full might of an Imperial lockdown seemed imprudent--and, congratulations on that, by the way.  I've never seen an entire planet be garrisoned and cordoned off due to a small group of smugglers.  Anyway, it seemed like a good time for me to make my own escape before things got worse.  I took the ladies with me, Ms. Zone called in a favor and Agial'ili owed me money that I would never get back if I left her to be captured by the Empire.

"We came here so that Ms. Zone and I could set up a new syndicate and start earning a living once more.  It's a bit more difficult, I admit, since my people control a quarter of the station and have their hands in practically every bit of smuggled goods and contraband that comes through the station.  But so far we've done well and managed to make ends meet.  That all changed a few weeks ago when I sent the twi'lek and a recently hired group of helping hands on a Rapids Run to R'alla with a captain who I had made a deal with to split the profits.

"I had been expecting a status update from them once they existed hyperspace, but have received no communication.  While logically I suspect the ship was lost with all hands and should move on, I tend to follow my heart instead.  And my heart," he places his slender hand melodramatically on his chest, "Tells me that my people are still out there and in need of rescue.

"It seemed too good to be true when I caught wind of your droid sniffing around the HuttNet and made contact.  Please don't be too hard on it," he says to Roice, "I asked it to keep my involvement a secret in exchange for getting you all onto the station hassle free," he glances at the door Zone had so recently slammed on her way out, "Well, mostly hassle free.  If I hadn't intervened and pre-paid your docking, you would have had all four of your ships detained, searched from stem to stern, and most likely had to pay out exorbitant bribes to the inspectors to even be allowed to land here.  The station is run by criminals, after all.

"In exchange for my assistance with getting on board, all I ask is that you try to find my people and bring them back.  If they're dead, I will at least rest easier knowing their final fate.  Really, that doesn't sound like too terrible a deal, does it?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1878 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 19:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry took a seat where he was in plain view of the dancers and the rest of the cantina.

"Anybody actually serving paying customers in this dive can bring me the strongest drink they've got that won't outright poison a human being." He says, just loudly enough to be heard over the din of the cantina.

He wanted to draw attention to himself. If anyone in the neighborhood thought he'd be an easy mark, they'd find themselves mistaken, and he'd find himself a weak link in whatever hutt's organization ran this area. A weak link was as good as a strong one for making introductions. Possibly better, if the link feared him more then it feared it's chain.

"Hey, shut up!" "Keep it down, hooman!" "Tryin' t'watch th' girls!" and other such roars of protest greet Selous' statement.  But nobody seems inclined to follow up with any violence.

A service droid maneuvers nimbly through the crowd, dropping off drinks at several tables in passing before stopping next to him.  "Did I hear your order correct, sir?" it asks politely.  "The strongest non-toxic drink we serve?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 710 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 19:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice stands.  "Mr. Loogabba, finding that Twi'lek was high on my list of priorities to begin with.  You tell me where to look and we're there."
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 31 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 19:54
Re: 6: Reunions
Loobagga actually seems taken aback by Roice's response.  "I--well--umm, very well then," he says.  "I'll be honest, Captain, I was expecting a bit more... jostling to get you to agree, especially given your less than warm reception."
Harry Selous
 player, 615 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 20:02
Re: 6: Reunions
"Shut your stinkin mouths!" Harry shouts back at the bar full of patrons trying to watch the ladies before turning to the droid, "That's right tin can. Strongest non-toxic drink ya got, and the name of somebody who might have some pull around here. You get me?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1880 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 20:11
Re: 6: Reunions
The last bit of Selous' request is drowned out by the sudden, noisy uproar from the entire cantina.

"GUNDARK!  GUNDARK!  GUNDARK!  GUNDARK!" they're all suddenly chanting amid many a whoop and holler.

The service droid leaves briefly and then returns with a single, large drink on its tray.

"Here you are, sir," it says, setting the large tumbler filled with greenish-blue liquid in front of the hunter.  "One 'Gundark's Revenge'.  You're the fifth person to take the challenge this week!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 711 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 20:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice shakes his head.  "You know, sometimes I'm amazed at how hard it is to convince people that I'm a businessman.  I've had my share of frustrating associations and happenstance trouble, but the short of it is, I'm a businessman, and just want to make a living."

He picks up his comm.

"This R'alla business perfectly serves me two purposes: find Aggie, and demonstrate my ability and willingness to you.  It'w win-win, for both of us.  In fact, I'm glad to meet you--I was about to commit to who knows what manner of horrible transport jobs, just to start making a name around here as a competent hauler."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 30 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 20:34
Re: 6: Reunions
"Well, I'll definitely put in a good word for you if--"

The office door slams open again and Zone barges in.  "No.  Absolutely not!" she shouts, jabbing a finger at Roice.  "He's not leaving until I'm done with him."

"Kaara, control yourself," Loobagga says.  "This is business."

"So is this," she says.  "Show him the message."

"I really don't think this is the time--"

"SHOW.  HIM."

The Hutt visibly shudders under the woman's glare.  He sighs, shaking his head again.  "I'm sorry about this, I'd hoped we'd be able to handle this without getting you involved.  My partner apparently has other ideas..."

He touches a button on his desk and a holotank across the room springs to life...
Harry Selous
 player, 617 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 20:48
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry looked around at the sudden uproar, then to the drink, then to the droid as it spoke. Less then a moment passed as he contemplated what was happening, then, with a shrug, he grabbed the drink with two hands and began to pour it down his throat.

OOC - no idea what to roll to not pass out and get rolled.
Arbiter
 GM, 1881 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 20:56
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry looked around at the sudden uproar, then to the drink, then to the droid as it spoke. Less then a moment passed as he contemplated what was happening, then, with a shrug, he grabbed the drink with two hands and began to pour it down his throat.

OOC - no idea what to roll to not pass out and get rolled.

OOC: To drank this drank will require 3 Stamina rolls.  Roll 1 is Easy (7), Roll 2 is Moderate (13) and Roll 3 is Difficult (20).  Fail any of those rolls and you can't hold your liquor.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 712 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 21:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Before the holo can start, Roice abruptly stands and says, "This is ridiculous."  He moves quickly toward the door and slams it.

"A'den, gekyrdir."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:38, Sat 16 Feb 2013.

Garret Haskel
 player, 818 posts
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 21:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret was about to respond when he heard Roice's definitely angry voice through the com cbox and he were using.

"Well at least everyone is behaving; for now."

Garret sits down in the pilots chair and puts on a headset.

"Open up a fully secure channel to Roice's comlink, and route it to my headset. I want to know what that yelling was about."
Harry Selous
 player, 618 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 16 Feb 2013
at 01:32
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC - well, I got a 32, a 14, and a 30
Metzz
 player, 119 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 16 Feb 2013
at 13:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz picks up his merchandise and heads back to the ship.  He had a Hush 98 to build.  He gets on the comlink.
"Hey Chatterbox, I'm coming back.  What's been happening to the others?"
Bulyip
 player, 211 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 16 Feb 2013
at 15:48
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
Bulyip: You happily hop into a lift to travel to the level where you can buy more things.  It might just be a coincidence, but you seem to recall seeing the two beings who get in the lift with you at several other points in your travels through the station.

Maybe they're just headed to the same shop?


Seeing the two beings, Bulyip considers he's not normally worthy of being followed, most beings just like to play games of tag, or see if he has anything in his pockets. His favorite game is often seeing who can find the most things, as he usually wins. So he starts to talk randomly to people on the lift, "Anyone here ever seen a Captain's hat?" He points to his own head, and the hat he wears on top. "That's right, me bought captain's hat, that makes me Captain now."

He'll try and ask of people, including the ones he thinks are following him, "What kind of hat is that?" (If they aren't wearing a hat, he'll ask them where their hats are)
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 124 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 00:53
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den moves towards Zone in a loose but ready manner.
"I think we all just need to relax here."

He grabs, and tries to restrain her.

(19:02, Today: A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. Grapple CP.
19:02, Today: A'den Nuhaatyc rolled 13 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 2,4,5. Grapple

Total = 16)

This message was last edited by the player at 01:04, Tue 19 Feb 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1887 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 14:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous: The hoots and jeers of the bar patrons turn into bellows of amazement and encouragement as Selous somehow manages to slug down a full liter of what tastes and feels like pure, distilled rocket fuel.  Gasping, eyes red and streaming, the hunter slams the empty glass down on the table and the crowd goes wild.  Many of the beings close enough to reach him slap him on the back or reach out to shake his hand.  Even the dancing girls are giggling and clapping in approval.

The barkeep, a hulking, 4-armed Besalisk in a dirty apron, lumbers from behind the bar and shoves his way through the crowd.  "Congratulations!" he says.  You're the first person in a year to complete the 'Gundark's Revenge Challenge'!  Your drink is free," he raises his four arms and turns to the crowd, "and a free round for the house!"

The cantina's doors practically blow off from the level of cheering.  It takes a while for things to calm down enough for the serving droid to start taking everyone's orders.  Even so, beings occasionally stop by to congratulate Selous, shake his hand, slap him on the back and other acts of thanks and praise.

Seems like he's been accepted.

Bulyip: Most of the people on the lift do their best to ignore you.  After all, it's the unspoken rule of elevators everywhere, that nobody talks.

When he approaches the two men, asking one of them about their hats, the younger of the two seems surprised and unsure how to respond.  The older one, a dirty, gray-haired vagabond in rumpled spacer's clothes, smiles down at Bulyip and replies for his friend.  "Why that's the official cap of a certified station guide, my little friend," he replies.  "Speel and me, we're professional guides.  We show new folks around the station, help them find what they're looking for.  You look like you could use our services, sir."

Metzz: "Sounds like A'den and the Captain are about to get shot.  So, par for the course," the droid brain replies.  "Seems they found Ms. Zone--or, more correctly--she found them and they're having a little chat."

He patches the Verpine into the open channel where he can clearly hear the sounds of struggle as A'den goes after Zone.

Haskel: Since you've been listening the whole time, you hear the same thing as Metzz.

Roice and A'den: A'den lunges, putting Zone in a lock before she has time to react.  She's just in the process of trying to break her way free, hissing and cursing like a drowned womp rat, when the video starts.  All fight immediately drains from her body and she goes passively limp.

"Afternoon," speaks a familiar, gravelly voice as a figure steps into view.  Both Roice and A'den instantly recognize the voice and the man wearing the wide-brimmed hat and armored poncho with a large blaster hanging low on his hip.

Lucius Kol looks up at the camera, his weathered face split in a genial smile, "I hope this message finds you well, Miss Zone--or whatever it is you're callin' yourself this week.  I just wanted to drop you a line, let you know that your father is safe and sound and well on his way to being returned to the Corporate Sector where he'll be well cared for."

The field  of view expands to show Splynn, looking angry and haggard in a medical bed.  He's on a respirator, flanked by two intimidating, well-armed beings.

The camera swings back to Kol, who continues, "I'm sending you this to let you know that the men your father had hired to protect him bailed, leaving him completely undefended, and fled the planet.  Also, all of them are wanted men, with both the CSA and the Empire offering rewards for their heads.

"The sum total of the reward for these men is greater than the reward for Assistant Vice-Prex Splynn's safe return to the tender mercies of the Corporate Sector.  I'd be willin' to cut a deal with you if you happen to know their whereabouts.  Perhaps an exchange?

"I've had a doctor look over the Vice-Prex and he's stable and as comfortable as he can be with two lungs that are tryin' their hardest to give out on him.  I'd say he's got a month or two before he needs medical attention.  I've got some other work that needs seein' to and am in no hurry to get back to the Corporate Sector.  If you happen to run across Roice Delfinn or any of his associates within the next month or so, I'd be much obliged if you dropped me a line."

He tips the brim of his hat, once more offering that maddeningly pleasant smile.  "Ma'am..." he says, ending the call.  The video cuts off immediately after.

"That was sent roughly three weeks ago," Loobagga says as he turns off the holotank.  Zone still isn't struggling against A'den and seems to be shivering.  It takes a second for him to realize that she's silently crying.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:18, Wed 20 Feb 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 619 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 15:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry wiped the sweat from his brow and grined, accepting the congratulations, and shooting a wink at the dancing girls.

When the hubbub died down, Harry stood and made his way to the bar. Finding the barkeep, he slapped his hand on the bar and asked for another, less strenuous drink.

"So, you seem like a being who knows his way around station. I'm looking for equipment with a bit more oomph then the stuff I can get elsewhere. Any ideas on who I should talk to about that?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 713 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 16:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice watches the recording, his face even.

When it's done, he nods at A'den and says gently to Kaara, "Sit down."

He paces for a few seconds, fuming, then finally stops and jabs a finger at her.

"Gaylor Splynn is a terrible human being.  And you know it."

He continues pacing.  "He has perpetrated countless atrocities in the name of gaining power and gathering wealth."  He stops and points at her again.  "And you know it, Kaara, it's why you went off on your own, it's why you don't wear his name.  You've seen it, you lived it, as his flesh and blood.  Don't deny it."

He throws his hands up, fully ranting now.  "He's done horrible things to people, you know it.  And maybe some of those people deserved it--"

He drops down to his knees in front of her, on her level, and points to himself.  "But I didn't," he hisses.

"I tried Kaara, I tried to make the best of it.  I tried to act like it was just business, a job, a source of income.  I desperately wanted it to be that--just business."

He pushes himself up.  "But it's not just business.  It's personal.  He made it personal."  He points out the door.  "The others, the crew, maybe they owe him for springing them from Borbilla."

He shakes his head.  "I don't.  I don't owe him a thing any more."

He pauses for a moment, then carefully says, "And I think you know why."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 31 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 16:51
Re: 6: Reunions
Kaara looks up at Roice.  And where perhaps you'd expect to see the shining, clear eyes of an actress who had been feigning tears to manipulate those around her, there are instead genuine ones running down her face.

"You're talking about Veran, aren't you?" she replies, a bit unsteadily.  "You're going to tell me that my father had Bola kill him for skimming off the top and hiding it from him.  And you're going to assume that I'll be shocked and dismayed to learn such a horrible truth about my dear old daddy."

Her voice is growing firmer as she speaks and the tears are drying quickly as her expression turns into a glare.

"Do you really think my father would be stupid enough to kill a being he knew had something that belonged to him?  Do you think he wasn't going to try to at least talk to Veran, a person who had been his associate and friend--yes, friend since before the Clone Wars?  Whatever you may think about him, he takes care of his people and he doesn't discard of useful assets.  Both Burress Veran and the Sun Tracker were invaluable to his operation."

She's practically shouting now, "You think the man that risked his career to spring your worthless hides out of prison, gave you a ship and a source of income, and then risked his own damn life to keep you moronic, nerf-herding, bilge-mynocks safe after Strickland turned traitor would do something like that?  Stars, Delfinn, my father actually likes you!  And you," she spins to glare at A'den.  "He could've left you to rot in Borbilla.  You were of no use to him.  But he fished you out, got you healed, returned your armor to you and put you to work.  If anyone owes him, it's you, Mandalorian."

"He may not be a saint.  And, yeah, he makes a living running a smuggling ring for the super-rich.  But can you honestly say that he's done wrong by either of you, or your pitiful band of defectives, since he freed you from prison?  And don't you dare look down your nose at my relationship with my father, you Hapan hypocrite.  Sent any letters home to mommy lately?  For your information," she says, archly, "'Zone' is my mother's name.  She and my father never married.  But he's taken care of both of us our entire lives.

"Get it through your head, Delfinn.  Galor Splynn, whatever else he may be, doesn't turn his back on his people.  It's sad that same can't be said of those he relies on..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 714 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 17:24
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice is unfazed.

"Why do you think I ended up in Borbilla in the first place?" he yells.  "The Tracker was already mine, Veran's testament made that clear, clear enough that Splynn couldn't get at her--and the only way to get her back was me."

He shrugs, violently.

"You say that Splynn didn't kill Veran--which is contrary to the available evidence, I might add--but even if he didn't, he used me to get to the Tracker.  He's been using me the WHOLE TIME!  He couldn't un-impound her, he couldn't control the droids, he couldn't crack her secrets...  Whether he likes me or not, I'm just another pawn in his game and I'm sick of it."

He holds his arms open.  "You want proof?  Here's your proof: why wouldn't he tell me?  Why didn't he just come out and tell me what he wanted?  I made it clear to him that I just wanted to get on with my life, to leave the Hapani family ugliness behind me.  Why couldn't he and Bola just tell me?  I would have helped him!  What possible reason would I have to trust him, after all this subterfuge?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1888 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 17:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"He had just spring a virtual stranger from prison and given him the ship of an old friend based almost solely on said old friends' will," Kaara shoots back,  "He didn't know you, didn't trust you, only had the word of a walking salad plate to go on.  And, say what you like, Burress Veran had a highly skewed notion of reality.  You know it as well as I do.  The old hedgerow substituted his own reality wherever ours didn't suit him.  It's what made his stories so fun to listen to." That last is said, perhaps, a bit wistfully.

"Of course he was using you.  He needed you.  What else do you do with something you require?  You use it.  Poodoo-for-brains.  He didn't confide in you because he doesn't trust your crew--they're just scum he picked up so you wouldn't have to hire on extra hands.  And he doesn't trust those dr--" she stops herself and it's impossible to miss her casting a nervous glance at Roice's comm, which is still sitting on Loobagga's desk.

"You scumwads were in the process of gaining his trust when that comm tech of yours turned out to be an Imperial agent and went all Darth Lunatic on everyone," she continues.  "I can only assume that if you'd seen to his safety on whatever backwater you'd all be hiding on, that bounty hunter wouldn't have been able to take him prisoner and use him as a bargaining chip.  And, knowing my father like I do, that would've been all he needed to know that you were all his people.  After that, you'd never have a problem he wouldn't try to help you with as long as you continued to play straight with him.

"But instead you all ran off like a howlrunner with its tail on fire, not even sparing a second thought for him.  Not even pausing to consider that the bounty you were all fleeing from listed him as well.  And if you think the CSA wants him back for his 'protection' and to put him back in his cushy office job, you're a bigger fool than I ever considered.  If that Kol character turns him in, they'll throw him in a hole and torture him until he gives up every contact he has, every smuggler he knows, every compromised Prex, Vice-Prex, and junior adjutant secretary's assistant he's ever sold a deathstick to.  In case you hadn't noticed, there's a war going on out there.  The Empire--and by extension, the Corporate Sector Authority--can't allow there to be any chinks in the armor.  The Rebels could use a guy like my father as an in-road into the Sector.  And, given his previous associations, he'd probably jump at the chance..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 715 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:03
Re: 6: Reunions
"Don't you try to blame me for Strickland," he yells.  "It was Splynn that brought him on board, it wasn't me that--I didn't ask for..."

He puts a palm to his forehead, then slumps into the other chair.  He puts his head in his hands and look at the floor.

"I didn't ask for any of this."

He's quiet for a few seconds, and pinches the bridge of his nose with his fingers.  He blinks a few times, and without looking at her, says, "What do you want, Kaara?"
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 32 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:11
Re: 6: Reunions
"I want my father back, you son of a bitch..." she hisses, angrily.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 716 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice is quiet for a few seconds.  He gives A'den a look that says, please murder me, then mutters, "Fine."

He stands.  "But Aggie first.  I've had enough people that I care about..."  He shakes his head.  "Anyway, we'll probably need her."

He picks up his comlink and refits it in his ear.  "Crew meeting, at the Sun Tracker, one half hour.  Spread the word."

He looks to Loogabba and points at the holotank.  "Could you get a response to Kol?"
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 125 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:49
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den waits for Roice to say his peace.

Then he looks at Kaara....."What do you think I am doing with this crew, Zone? I am doing my job. The job your father assigned me to. To back and protect Roice.....your father's asset and interest. As ordered."
Arbiter
 GM, 1890 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry wiped the sweat from his brow and grined, accepting the congratulations, and shooting a wink at the dancing girls.

When the hubbub died down, Harry stood and made his way to the bar. Finding the barkeep, he slapped his hand on the bar and asked for another, less strenuous drink.

"So, you seem like a being who knows his way around station. I'm looking for equipment with a bit more oomph then the stuff I can get elsewhere. Any ideas on who I should talk to about that?"

"Was wonderin' what a new face was doin' in Hutt territory," the barkeep replies.  "Most guys like you either come looking for work, t'find somethin' you can't buy in the rest of the station, or t'settle a grudge." the big four-armed avianoid leans close and whispers confidentially, "Things don't tend t'go too well for that last group."

"But if its gear you're lookin' for, there's plenty.  Ya just gotta know who to ask.  Hey, Barghesh!" he calls loudly.

A fairly disreputable-looking Dug--which is saying something!--levers himself down off a barstool and handwalks through the crowded cantina, roughly shoving anyone who gets in his way and snarling dangerously if they turn to confront him.

"Choo wan', Murray?" the Dug grunts, swinging nimbly into the stool next to Selous.

"This guy's lookin' for some stuff.  Stuff you can't get other places," Murray the Besalisk barkeep says, emphasizing the last part.

Barghesh turns and gives Selous a long, appraising look, drawing back his lips to show jagged, yellowed teeth.  "'Choo lookin' for, hooman?" he asks, suspiciously.
Garret Haskel
 player, 819 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 22:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret had listened quietly until now.

"When we left I had thought Roice would have left some kind of protection your father. We don't know how much time Splynn has left until his medical condition worsens or Kol tires of waiting. Until now I have more or less followed orders and did what I was told; but this time I will decide where my ship goes. See you in 30."

Garret cuts his connection to Roice without waiting for his (or anyone's) response, and then tries contacting Harry on his comlink.
Harry Selous
 player, 620 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 03:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grinned at the snarling Dug, "First I'm looking for some armor that'll stop more then a combat knife. If there finds left after that, then I'm looking for things that go boom. You think you can help me there?"

Harry ignored his headset. Honestly, he couldn't care less about what the others were up to. He'd get his gear, and then he'd have them fill him in when he was back at the ship.
Metzz
 player, 120 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 11:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
Roice is quiet for a few seconds.  He gives A'den a look that says, please murder me, then mutters, "Fine."

He stands.  "But Aggie first.  I've had enough people that I care about..."  He shakes his head.  "Anyway, we'll probably need her."

He picks up his comlink and refits it in his ear.  "Crew meeting, at the Sun Tracker, one half hour.  Spread the word."

He looks to Loogabba and points at the holotank.  "Could you get a response to Kol?"

A'den Nuhaatyc:
A'den waits for Roice to say his peace.

Then he looks at Kaara....."What do you think I am doing with this crew, Zone? I am doing my job. The job your father assigned me to. To back and protect Roice.....your father's asset and interest. As ordered."

Metzz retunes his comlink encyption...
11:54, Today: Metzz rolled 26 using 6d6+1 with rolls of 4,3,3,3,6,6. Comms.

"Copy Flight.

I couldn't help over hear your conversation, and would like to correct the lady on a point of fact.  I was the last person to speak with our patron him before Kol got there. We did not abandon him, we were discharged by him.  As A'den says, our last instruction was to withdraw to protect the investment, regroup, and ultimately survive long enough to be of use later.  He knew the Empire placing enormous pressure on the CSA to get a suspect in custody.  If the CSA didn't act quickly, the Empire would send in a task force to pacify the area.  Kol is on our team, working to prevent the Empire from achieving their goal.  He almost died in the attack on Farana and will need several weeks recovery.

After that, then we can act."

Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 32 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 14:34
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: The channel is open for everyone to hear but Roice's commlink is hardly capable of broadcasting anything at a significant enough volume to be heard.

Besides, he put it back in his ear.

So, while Roice just got an earful of Haskel and Metzz's argument with a woman who obviously doesn't care what anyone else has to say, nobody else heard it. ;)

The Hutt nods at Roice.  "There is a hypernet dropbox address attached to this message.  Short-term, should only be good for another week or so.  I would assume he's checking it for replies."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 717 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 16:38
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice nods at Loogie, then addresses those on the comm.  "It's all irrelevant, we're acting now.  Tracker, one half hour.  Flight out."  He turns off the comm.

Roice straightens his vest and smooths out his jacket.  "Can that thing record?" he asks the Hutt, pointing to the holotank.
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 33 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 17:05
Re: 6: Reunions
"It has been since you walked in the room, Mr. Delfinn," the Hutt replies with a sly grin.  "One never knows when having an incriminating tri-vid at one's disposal might come in handy."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 718 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 18:09
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice smirks and after a moment says, "I like the way you think, Mr Loogabba."

He turns and faces the tank, and motions for the others to clear out of the way.  "Let's see if we can provoke Mr. Lucius' interest.  If you would please start a new take..."

He thinks for a few seconds, then starts clapping slowly and addresses the emitter.

"Good form, Kol, good form indeed," he says sarcastically.  "And the dramatic appeal to the daughter, brilliant, just brilliant.  I mean, it's a little weak of you to go after the invalid rather than bringing it to us with a stand up fight, but," he shrugs, "whatever."

He nonchalantly flicks a bit of fuzz from his lapel.  "Your threats are useless, by the way.  Go ahead, turn him in, claim that reward."  He looks straight at the lens.  "It'll save me and my crew the trouble of having to come rescue him."

He leans forward, and his face turns to a scowl.  "Just to set the record straight, I personally couldn't care less about Splynn's fate."

He softens.  "But it just so happens that your little recorded performance found its way to some individuals that care very much, so much that I have to admit I'm curious to see how much they'll pay to see him safely liberated...  Lots of useful insider CSA and Imperial information that a former Vice-Prex might be able to offer to an interested organization..."  He shrugs again.  "But as I said, whatever."

He looks off in the distance and puts a fist to his chin, in mock thought.  "Would you be dumb enough to stay on Farana?  Wow, I hope not, I don't relish the thought of having to go back there...  I guess we'll find out."  He shrugs, then says quickly, "You know, if I get around to it--like I said, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other."

He raises a finger and makes an apologetic face.  "Oh, and sorry for the lateness of this reply, we've been really busy doing things like not caring about weaselly two-credit bounty hunter scum and their oh-so-clever ultimatums."  He spits out the end of sentence with a scowl, then his demeanor changes back to the mock-friendliness and he waves at the camera.

"Maybe you soon, buddy.  Ta."

He throws a glance at Loogie to cut.

"What do you think, enough provocation?"
Metzz
 player, 121 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 18:55
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
Roice nods at Loogie, then addresses those on the comm.  "It's all irrelevant, we're acting now.  Tracker, one half hour.  Flight out."  He turns off the comm.

Roice straightens his vest and smooths out his jacket.  "Can that thing record?" he asks the Hutt, pointing to the holotank.

"Copy Flight.  Dust off in 30 minutes."  Metzz gets on with the free flight checks etc.
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 34 posts
 Business is my business
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 19:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Loobagga closes his gaping mouth with an audible clap, but his eyes are still wide and bugging out.

"You're either recklessly brave or inconceivably stupid," he says to Roice.  "Lucius Kol is not one to jerk around, Mr. Delfinn.  Just because his name isn't uttered in the same breath as Boba Fett or Bossk doesn't mean he isn't a dangerous man.  I hope, for your sake, you've got a plan to back up that bit of bravado you just recorded."

He taps a few keys on his computer and the holotank briefly displays "Recording Saved".  "Still, I can see the merit in your calculated risk.  Your gang is worth more to him alive than dead.  Even dead, you're all still worth more than the bounty on the 'safe return' of the Assistant Vice-Prex.  In fact, if it weren't in my best interest to keep you all flying, I would be highly tempted by the amount the CSA has posted for all of you.  Even the Imperial bounty is nothing to sneeze at.  But I'd prefer to avoid any Imperial entanglements.

"Now that that's out of the way, let's discuss our other little rescue mission, hmm?"
Bulyip
 player, 212 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 23 Feb 2013
at 05:04
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
Bulyip: Most of the people on the lift do their best to ignore you.  After all, it's the unspoken rule of elevators everywhere, that nobody talks.

When he approaches the two men, asking one of them about their hats, the younger of the two seems surprised and unsure how to respond.  The older one, a dirty, gray-haired vagabond in rumpled spacer's clothes, smiles down at Bulyip and replies for his friend.  "Why that's the official cap of a certified station guide, my little friend," he replies.  "Speel and me, we're professional guides.  We show new folks around the station, help them find what they're looking for.  You look like you could use our services, sir."

Getting a big toothy smile on his reptilian face, Bulyip quickly says, "Oh why? Me am captain, what would me need guide for?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1891 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 13:55
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry grinned at the snarling Dug, "First I'm looking for some armor that'll stop more then a combat knife. If there finds left after that, then I'm looking for things that go boom. You think you can help me there?"

Harry ignored his headset. Honestly, he couldn't care less about what the others were up to. He'd get his gear, and then he'd have them fill him in when he was back at the ship.

"Why yoo needin' all that, hooman?" the Dug asks, skeptically.  "Yoo goin' t'war?  Gonna sign up wit' tha' Rebels, huh?  Go 'fight tha' good fight' 'gainst tha' Empire?  Gonna win tha' war all by yerself, mebbe win yoos a planet an' retire a Rebel king?" he chortles nastily, obviously amused by his own wit.

Bulyip:
Getting a big toothy smile on his reptilian face, Bulyip quickly says, "Oh why? Me am captain, what would me need guide for?"

"The station's a big place, my friend," the man responds, "It's easy to get lost, turned around, end up where you didn't mean to go."
He nudges his friend with the hat in the ribs.  The other man utters a surprised "Oof!" then chimes in with, "Y-yeah!  Lotta bad people around here that first-timers wanna avoid!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:00, Mon 25 Feb 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 621 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 14:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry's grin widened at the Dug's questions, "Owning a planet would be nice, but it sure as poodoo won't be a reward for services rendered. I ever get a planet, It'll be cause I took it by force, or bought it with my own loot."

He leaned forward till his face was a bit closer to the creature, "The reason I need the gear, not that it's any of your business what happens after I buy it, is that I like to be prepared, and lately, I've had to be prepared for a lot. Now, you got the kind of thing I'm looking for, or do I need to find someone else to charge me overpriced fees for equipment pulled off of dead bodies?"
Bulyip
 player, 213 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 14:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
"The station's a big place, my friend," the man responds, "It's easy to get lost, turned around, end up where you didn't mean to go."
He nudges his friend with the hat in the ribs.  The other man utters a surprised "Oof!" then chimes in with, "Y-yeah!  Lotta bad people around here that first-timers wanna avoid!"


"Oh. Well in that case, where you heading next?" The Aleena asks of them.
Arbiter
 GM, 1893 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 17:00
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 719 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 17:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"Coordinates, headings, anything you can provide," Roice says to Loogabba.  "We'll go there and send each ship off in a different direction if necessary."
Garret Haskel
 player, 820 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2013
at 21:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret leaves a short message saying to return in 30 minutes then clicks off the comlink and tries to reach Bulyip next.
Arbiter
 GM, 1894 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 26 Feb 2013
at 17:17
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: OMG, this is getting hard to keep track of! >_<
Harry Selous:
Harry's grin widened at the Dug's questions, "Owning a planet would be nice, but it sure as poodoo won't be a reward for services rendered. I ever get a planet, It'll be cause I took it by force, or bought it with my own loot."

He leaned forward till his face was a bit closer to the creature, "The reason I need the gear, not that it's any of your business what happens after I buy it, is that I like to be prepared, and lately, I've had to be prepared for a lot. Now, you got the kind of thing I'm looking for, or do I need to find someone else to charge me overpriced fees for equipment pulled off of dead bodies?"

Bargesh, the Dug, glares at Selous for a long moment, then his expression slowly transforms into a nasty grin.  "I like you, hooman.  I think we c'n do bidness." He gives the hunter an analytical look, "You better come wit' me, and hurry.  Looks like ya got..." he squints at Selous, peering into his eyes, "'Bout 20 minutes 'afore ya fall down drunk.  And I'm thinkin' you're more fun as a customer than a mark."

The Dug might be right.  Already Selous is starting to feel woozy as the horrendous amount of alcohol he consumed starts working its way into his bloodstream.

Bargesh hops down off the stool and starts muscling his way out of the bar.  "C'mon, hooman, let's go..." he says without looking back.

Bulyip:
Arbiter:
"The station's a big place, my friend," the man responds, "It's easy to get lost, turned around, end up where you didn't mean to go."
He nudges his friend with the hat in the ribs.  The other man utters a surprised "Oof!" then chimes in with, "Y-yeah!  Lotta bad people around here that first-timers wanna avoid!"



"Oh. Well in that case, where you heading next?" The Aleena asks of them.

"That depends, Captain," the hatless man replies.  If you'd like to engage the services of a pair of professional station guides, then your destination is our destination."


Roice Delfinn:
"Coordinates, headings, anything you can provide," Roice says to Loogabba.  "We'll go there and send each ship off in a different direction if necessary."

Loobagga frowns thoughtfully, stroking his non-existent chin.  "My associate was bound for a water run to R'alla, followed by a stop-over at Rampa to sell it.  I sent Miss Agial'ili and her crew along as hired hands and bodyguards in exchange for a 40% cut of the profit." He doesn't seem worried about letting anyone in on the details of his business.  "But they never arrived at R'alla.  Or, at least, I never received a confirmation message that they arrived.  But my associate is not the kind of being who would renege on a deal.  And having a shipful of my people would have encouraged him to stick to the arrangement at any rate.

"I know that he's had issues in the past muscling in to acquire a load of mineral water and might have run into some trouble.  If so, he'd most likely run for his favorite bolthole.  However, again, I have received no communications from him and he's well overdue for a call.  That suggests to me that something has happened and he's unable to contact me.

"I can provide you coordinates for his safehouse--safeworld, actually.  Just a little backwater colony where he keeps a home.  But that's about the best I can do, Mr. Delfinn.  I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter.  I'm less concerned about the money," he ignores Kaara's astonished grunt, "than I am about seeing my friend and my employees found and possibly rescued from whatever problem they've gotten themselves into.

"While I won't insist that my request be given priority over Kaara's," ("You won't if you want to keep your scrawny fingers," Zone mutters under her breath), "I would like you to act quickly if at all possible.  The bill I received from the docking bay was for four ships.  I assume you have enough people to fly them all?  Perhaps you could try to slag two mynocks with one turbolaser?"
Harry Selous
 player, 622 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 26 Feb 2013
at 19:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry stood, braced himself on the bar for half a moment to keep his balance, then gave a two fingered salute to the bartender before turning to follow the dug. He hadn't realized how quickly that drink would run through his system. He'd have to keep his head on, or a few uppity aliens might take a blaster round to the chest trying to roll him for credits.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 720 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 04:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice thinks for a moment, then nods.  "Alright.  I'll figure something out, and we'll try to expedite both."

He looks to A'den.  "Make contact with the others, make sure they haven't gotten into any trouble."  He glances at Kaara then back to A'den.  "See you at the Tracker in 30."

He turns and stands in front of Kaara, and after a moment holds his hand, palm up, toward the door, and says in a mock cheerful voice, "Let's go for a little walk and have a chat, shall we?"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 02:43, Fri 01 Mar 2013.

Bulyip
 player, 214 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 01:04
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
"That depends, Captain," the hatless man replies.  If you'd like to engage the services of a pair of professional station guides, then your destination is our destination."

Giving it some thought, Bulyip offers, "Me not know if me need to pay to find me way around station. Me already not lost, and nobody wants to steal from Captain. How much to pay for you?"

If they give a price, Bulyip quickly says, "That not leave me enough credits to buy some more snacks. Me need snacks more than direction to snacks."

Bulyip will get off the next stop of the elevator, keeping an eye on the two following him.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 126 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 20:57
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den frowns at Roice, "Dont like you going off, by yourself, with someone so volatile....."

A'den thumbs his comm "Team, break off what your doing.....back to Flight in 30 minutes."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 721 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 23:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice doesn't take his eyes of Kaara, but answers A'den, "We'll be fine, won't we?"
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 33 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 13:34
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry stood, braced himself on the bar for half a moment to keep his balance, then gave a two fingered salute to the bartender before turning to follow the dug. He hadn't realized how quickly that drink would run through his system. He'd have to keep his head on, or a few uppity aliens might take a blaster round to the chest trying to roll him for credits.

Bargesh leads Selous out of the bar and down the street, rudely shoving aside anyone that gets in his way.  It's a good thing, too, because it seems to Selous that the street might need some repairs.  It seems to be made of rubber.

The Dug leads him into a dirty, seedy little shop with a half-lit sign advertising "Qualatee Geer".  Inside is a collection of less-than-inspiring looking junk.  Serviceable enough, and there's a rack of blasters behind the counter (where a bored-looking Rhodian looks up as the pair enter), but nothing too exciting.

"Kuhl, ya lazy bum!" the Dug snaps at the Rhodian, "Get inna back and get me da kit.  Our customer," he emphasizes the word while jabbing a toe in Selous' increasingly-unsteady direction, "needs ta clear his head."

The Rhodian scuttles to the back room, returning quickly with a medkit.  Bargesh rustles around in it for a moment, then tosses Selous a blue pill wrapped in plastic.  "Anti-toxicant," he explains.  "Won't stop th' booze, but'll slow it down long 'nough for us to do some business."


Bulyip:
Arbiter:
"That depends, Captain," the hatless man replies.  If you'd like to engage the services of a pair of professional station guides, then your destination is our destination."

Giving it some thought, Bulyip offers, "Me not know if me need to pay to find me way around station. Me already not lost, and nobody wants to steal from Captain. How much to pay for you?"

If they give a price, Bulyip quickly says, "That not leave me enough credits to buy some more snacks. Me need snacks more than direction to snacks."

Bulyip will get off the next stop of the elevator, keeping an eye on the two following him.

"Only five credits a level, Captain," replies the more talkative of the two guides.  "We also do porter duty--carry your bags and such--for an additional 10 credits.  Not so much, really, when you think about it, huh?" He smiles ingratiatingly.

At the mention of snacks, the guy with the hat perks up, "You hungry?  Maybe thirsty?  I know a place up on 15 Below that you'd probably like.  Great food, even better drinks, and it's one of the few bars in the station where a body can sit with his back to the door and not have to worry!"

The other man glares at his companion for a moment, then quickly readjusts his expression and tries to put that smarmy smile back on his face.  "Yes, a really excellent choice.  How 'bout it, Captain?  Want to stop off to refuel and then we can talk some more about what you're looking to buy?"

Meanwhile, Bulyip's commlink is buzzing over and over in his pocket.


Roice Delfinn:
Roice doesn't take his eyes of Kaara, but answers A'den, "We'll be fine, won't we?"

"Whatever," Zone sniffs, preceding Roice out the door.  When her goons jump up as she exits, she waves them away.  "Take a break," she tells them, "Your services won't be required this evening."

The thugs exchange silent glances, but then nod to their boss and walk away.

"So?  Talk." Zone says to Roice.

---------------------------------------------

Back at the hangar, Metzz and Haskel have been getting an earful from Chatterbox (who can't be shut up, no matter how many times Haskel tries to shut off the comms).  "I mean, honestly," the droid brain harps, "It didn't occur to a single one of you in two whole weeks stuck on the Sun Tracker to even make an anonymous inquiry about the state of your 'ex'-boss?  I could've made the call and no one would've been the wiser!  And then when the Captain gets back nobody thought it important enough to warn him that the bounty hunter had chased you out of the hospital?  Organics..." Chatterbox sniffs disdainfully, "It's like you've got shorts in half your data relays and the other half are filled with plots and schemes on how best to reproduce..."
Harry Selous
 player, 623 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 14:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry popped the pill in his mouth after only a moment's hesitation. At this rate, the dugs wouldn't have to poison him to take all his stuff.

"Thanks." He said quickly, "Now what I'm looking for is a good suit of body armor. Something that can take a beating. After that, I want explosives, the good stuff, not flash bangs or smoke bombs. Whatchya got for me?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1896 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 14:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry popped the pill in his mouth after only a moment's hesitation. At this rate, the dugs wouldn't have to poison him to take all his stuff.

"Thanks." He said quickly, "Now what I'm looking for is a good suit of body armor. Something that can take a beating. After that, I want explosives, the good stuff, not flash bangs or smoke bombs. Whatchya got for me?"

Bargesh motions Selous to follow him to the back.  Selous is pleased to discover that the pill seems to working.  The floor is still made of rubber, but at least it hasn't gotten any worse.

The back room is full of trash and junk, a cluttered desk off in one corner.  The Dug ignores all that and heads to the back wall.  He stands on his feet, raising his massive arms to grab a concealed panel, pulling it loose with a grunt.  A dark chamber is revealed behind.

Bargesh slips inside, beckoning Selous to follow.
Harry Selous
 player, 624 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 14:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry followed, grinning. This dug seemed smart. Perhaps Harry could get a discount if they worked out some sort of repeat business contract. Hopefully the drink didn't begin to take hold again before Harry could broach the subject.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 722 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 16:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice grabs her shoulder and turns her around to face him.

"Just stop.  Stop with this surly attitude.  How is it helping things?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1897 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 18:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry followed, grinning. This dug seemed smart. Perhaps Harry could get a discount if they worked out some sort of repeat business contract. Hopefully the drink didn't begin to take hold again before Harry could broach the subject.

The room beyond is the size of a cargo container and laid out like Life Day for blaster nuts.  Every wall is covered with rack upon rack of high-end gear--a lot of it military-grade.  Crates and boxes are stacked all around the room, most of them bearing Imperial munitions serial codes.  One of which is already open and you can see rows of thermal detonators neatly packed within.

A free-standing rack has various bits of armor, blast vests, and other protective gear.

Bargesh doesn't say anything, he just looks at Selous and smirks.

OOC: It's like the weapons cache scene in Terminator 2 and that one "Guns.  We need guns." scene from The Matrix had a baby.


Roice Delfinn:
Roice grabs her shoulder and turns her around to face him.

"Just stop.  Stop with this surly attitude.  How is it helping things?"

"You want me to play nice, Delfinn?" Zone replies.  "'Drop the attitude'?  Well, tough," she spits.  "Right now the only family I have is rotting in the hold of some low-life bounty hunter's ship.  And the person who's largely responsible for this is standing right in front of me asking me to stop being surly?  The only reason I didn't just have you shot the second you set foot on this station is because..." she grimaces, but continues, grudgingly, "I need your help.  The fact is, I'm still mulling over having your entire crew thrown out an airlock and just using what little money I have left at my disposal to hire some mercs to get my father back.  But I'm realistic enough to know that I need you and your gang and am trying very hard to remind myself of that.

"So, sorry, Hapan, but 'surly' is about the best I'm capable of.  You fix this mess your people caused, get me back my father, and maybe I'll see about being more... pleasant next time we chat.

"Hell, you pull this off and I'll even pay you for your trouble.  Five thousand credits for my father's safe return.  Will that help you stomach my 'unpleasant' demeanor for the time being, Delfinn?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 723 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 18:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice rolls his eyes.  "I don't want your money Kaara, I-- And that's not even, it's nowhere near enough to--"

He stops and shakes his fists slightly in frustration.

"Since you're so dead-set against it, fine," he says loudly, "you don't have to be nice--I don't need you to play nice, but I do need you to play smart.  This half-cocked thing isn't smart, and you know it.  It puts you off balance, it over-extends you, it makes you overlook things and take chances you shouldn't, and it's then that your enemies take the advantage."

He looks at her for a second, then more quietly says, "So just take a second to breathe and let's figure out the best way to get this done."

He wipes his face with his hand.  "You don't have to be nice to me, but you do have to be focused if you're going to be a useful part of this."
Arbiter
 GM, 1898 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 20:58
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: You're going to have to make some sort of roll-type thing, Roice.  She's looking for a fight and not in the mood to be reasonable.  You choose which skill.  What you roll and how well you do will determine what happens next.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 724 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 22:21
Re: 6: Reunions
16:20, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 19 using 6d6 with rolls of 2,5,1,1,6,4. Persuasion roll.
Bulyip
 player, 215 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 03:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Kaara Zone:
Bulyip will get off the next stop of the elevator, keeping an eye on the two following him.

"Only five credits a level, Captain," replies the more talkative of the two guides.  "We also do porter duty--carry your bags and such--for an additional 10 credits.  Not so much, really, when you think about it, huh?" He smiles ingratiatingly.

At the mention of snacks, the guy with the hat perks up, "You hungry?  Maybe thirsty?  I know a place up on 15 Below that you'd probably like.  Great food, even better drinks, and it's one of the few bars in the station where a body can sit with his back to the door and not have to worry!"

The other man glares at his companion for a moment, then quickly readjusts his expression and tries to put that smarmy smile back on his face.  "Yes, a really excellent choice.  How 'bout it, Captain?  Want to stop off to refuel and then we can talk some more about what you're looking to buy?"

Meanwhile, Bulyip's commlink is buzzing over and over in his pocket.</quote> Shaking his head, Bulyip offers, "Nope, that not leave me enough credits for a snack. Me rather have snack, and no directions, than directions, and no snack. "

Bulyip will get off at the next stop, and then keep an eye out for those two. He'll be making his attempt at sneaking, and hiding.
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 127 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 21:45
Re: 6: Reunions
Getting no response from anyone, A'den frownsin the direction of Roice and Zone then heads back to Flight.
Garret Haskel
 player, 821 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 22:51
Re: 6: Reunions
"Cbox can you remotely activate Bulyip's comlink?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1900 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 17:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret Haskel:
"Cbox can you remotely activate Bulyip's comlink?"

"Can I?" the droid brain replies, sounded offended.  A millisecond passes before he replies, "Done."

Bulyip: You scamper out of the elevator as soon as the door opens.  "W-where ya going?" the man you've been talking to calls after you.  "Oh well," you can hear him say to his friend with the hat.  "I told you we should've taken those jobs hauling boxes..."

You quickly lose yourself in the crowds.  Literally.  You have no idea what level you're on or where you are in relation to where you were trying to get to.

To add to your confusion, a muffled voice starts speaking from your pocket.

A'den: You rush out of Loobagga's office and make your way back to where the ships are docked.  It's a long way "down", so it'll take a bit.

Roice: Kaara is in mid-retort, but falters, her expression changing as if she's seeing you for the first time.  "I'm sorry, all right?" she replies, now looking a bit sheepish.  "I understand this isn't your fault." She looks up, a small, coy grin on her face, "You care if I send my boys to go break the necks of those idiot crewmates of yours, though?"

OOC: Gotta love the ol' Hapani Whammy(tm)... ;)
Roice Delfinn
 player, 725 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 18:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice turns and motions for her to follow.  "It depends on how much trouble they've gotten into in the last hour."

He toggles his comlink and says, "Where is everybody?  I need a sitrep from all units and confirmation that you're headed back to the ships, right now."

A moment later, he shrugs and adds, "Or I'm telling Kaara that her thugs can come break your neck."
Garret Haskel
 player, 822 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 21:12
Re: 6: Reunions
"Thanks Cbox. Bulyip, return to flight immediately."
Harry Selous
 player, 625 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 04:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry made his way toward the lift to get back to the docking bay and finally answered his comm.

"I'm on the way. We can't leave till a package shows up though. Pretty important. Shouldn't be to long a wait." He says in reply to Roice.
Bulyip
 player, 216 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 04:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Pulling out the comlink, the Aleena looks at his comlink, checking to see if it's going to repeat it so he can hear it, and when it doesn't, he looks to see if he can figure out who called him.

If he can, he asks, "Come in good buddy, repeat that."
Garret Haskel
 player, 823 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 07:48
Re: 6: Reunions
"Return to the ship soon Bulyip."
Bulyip
 player, 217 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 13:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Shaking his head, He whispers back fiercely, "That's Captain. Remember, I'm Captain. There was someone strange tryin to follow me. Not sure what that was about, but I'm heading back to the ship as soon as I figure out where I am."

Bulyip is going to try and figure where the elevator is so he can take it back to the dock level where the ship is at.
Metzz
 player, 122 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sun 10 Mar 2013
at 15:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Chatterbox:
Back at the hangar, Metzz and Haskel have been getting an earful from Chatterbox (who can't be shut up, no matter how many times Haskel tries to shut off the comms).  "I mean, honestly," the droid brain harps, "It didn't occur to a single one of you in two whole weeks stuck on the Sun Tracker to even make an anonymous inquiry about the state of your 'ex'-boss?  I could've made the call and no one would've been the wiser!  And then when the Captain gets back nobody thought it important enough to warn him that the bounty hunter had chased you out of the hospital?  Organics..." Chatterbox sniffs disdainfully, "It's like you've got shorts in half your data relays and the other half are filled with plots and schemes on how best to reproduce..."

"I'll put those logic bombs back...  The one Sparks wrote IN YOUR SOFT DRIVE without you even noticing!  The one I decyphered!  You are a piece of hardware, nothing more - unless you WANT your code de-compacted, line by line by Imperial Intel, you'll shut up!"



Roice Delfinn:
Roice toggles his comlink and says, "Where is everybody?  I need a sitrep from all units and confirmation that you're headed back to the ships, right now."

A moment later, he shrugs and adds, "Or I'm telling Kaara that her thugs can come break your neck."

"I'm home Flight, prep-ing for dust-off."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:31, Sun 10 Mar 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1902 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 14:33
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz:
"I'll put those logic bombs back...  The one Sparks wrote IN YOUR SOFT DRIVE without you even noticing!  The one I decyphered!  You are a piece of hardware, nothing more - unless you WANT your code de-compacted, line by line by Imperial Intel, you'll shut up!"

"Piece of hardware that would've at least checked to see if my boss was being pestered by the big, bad bounty hunter..." Chatterbox mutters before cutting the comm line... And turning off the comm system...  And powering down the lights on the bridge...

Fortunately, Metzz is still able to get his message out over personal comm.

"WOULD YOU TWO GROW UP!?!" Q7 rasps irritably from down in the engine room, shouting loud enough on the silent ship to be heard on the bridge.  "I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO SEND YOU BOTH TO YOUR ROOMS OR KICK YOU BOTH OFF THE SHIP!  SOME OF US ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO DO OUR JOBS, NOT SQUABBLE LIKE MYRK HENS!"

--------------------------------

Everyone comms in with their rough location and agreement to head back to the ship(s) for a meeting.  (Bulyip finds his way back to the elevators by asking a nice old Geonosian who's even kind enough to throw a half-eaten sandwich at him while shouting things in his native language that must be well-wishes, even if they sound loud and angry).

Meanwhile, Zone, apparently calmer now that she's had her snit, follows Roice without further complaint.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 726 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 17:52
Re: 6: Reunions
After taking a headcount in the Tracker's lounge, Roice calls the meeting to order.

"You all remember Kaara Zone.  Splynn's daughter."

He takes a moment to think.

"So we've got a couple of things to do, both are pretty important and time-constrained.

"First, a local Hutt has lost contact with a group of employees that were on a run to the Rampa system.  He wants us to find them.  We want to find them, because Aggie is with them.

"Second," he sighs, "Kol's got Splynn.  So we're going back to get him."

He sits.  "We'll need to start back at Farana, but clearly we're not welcome there.  So we'll need some way to land unmolested, and I'm open to suggestions."
Harry Selous
 player, 626 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 22:07
Re: 6: Reunions
"Piracy." Harry muttered, half paying attention as he waited impatiently for his package to arrive. He was really looking forward to familiarizing himself with the new gear.
Metzz
 player, 123 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 22:20
Re: 6: Reunions
"I've been monitoring the Holo-Channels since the Farana Incident.  The repercussions seem to have echoed right across the galaxy.  The situation is much worse than maybe you realise.

The Company are embarrassed that the VP is exposed, and could cause all kinds of trouble if his business dealings become known.  The Empire are desperate to capture him and torture all the secrets out of him.  They even sent an Operative to infiltrate his business, and a Cruiser to eradicate him when the mission went bad.

Kol is probably playing both sides off against each other, and will hold out for the highest bidder.  Unless we can outbid the highest bidder, we'll have to go Plan B*."


Plan B = Plan A with some thought, planning and prep involved.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 727 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 22:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Yeah, we're planning Plan B right now.  Plan A was..."  He stops with a glance at Kaara.

"...Other things."

He sits back.  "All the ships but the Clear Skies are burnt on Farana.  And you can't take her.  So maybe piracy isn't such a bad idea."
Harry Selous
 player, 627 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 23:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry perked up as Roice mentioned that it might be a good idea.

"Well, if that's not sarcasm, we could go out, steal some merchant vessel, shoot the crew out in an escape pod on a long but survivable trip, then head back to that crap planet. I'd have to stay on the ship of course, what with being a wanted terrorist there, but once we track Kol, I'd love to be there when we put lasers through his face."
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 128 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 14:13
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den pulls out a data pad and slides it onto the table.

"We can probably find Kol with this......"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 728 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 14:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice picks it up and reads it.
Arbiter
 GM, 1905 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 14:41
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: The datapad contains a listing of Imperial, Corporate Sector and local (i.e. Hutt-sponsored) bounties.  Several of the listings contain notes on suspected or last-known whereabouts of the subject in question.

How up to date the information is can't be gauged.  It's an offline pad (no wireless or HoloNet transceiver), so the data on it is static and doesn't update.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 729 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 16:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice makes a "what exactly am I looking at here" face as he studies the listing.

11:01, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 8 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,3,3. Knowledge Check.

"Chatterbox, search the station bounty listings for any mentions of Lucius Kol.  Any mentions, hunter or hunted."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 85 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 17:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Chatterbox is silent for a moment (a long, blessed moment) before replying, "Got the info you need, Captain!  He's listed as a registered bounty hunter, licensed with the CSA and Imperial Security Service.  Although it looks like his Imperial license is out of date.  His ship, YT-1200 registered as "Swamp Bantha", has a long-term rented slip in a dock on 35-Below here on Farside.  It's currently empty, in case anyone was wondering.  Aaaaand that looks to be about it."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 730 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 17:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice makes a face.  "Monitor that slip for activity."

He looks at A'den.  "You got this from Bulyip."

He looks to Bulyip.  "Did you steal this from Kol?"
Bulyip
 player, 218 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 03:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Getting back aboard, Bulyip is pretty happy with himself. A new hat, a new jacket, some food, and even a few new pieces of paper to go through, and no blasters were even pointed at him.

He was about to point out his new hat to everyone when Roice accused Bulyip of stealing a datapad from someone named Kol.

"Who's Kol? Was he angry Duros?" And then looking at Garret, Bulyip pointed a scaly finger at him, saying, "You forgot code names. Almost blew my cover."
Arbiter
 GM, 1906 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 04:34
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 731 posts
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 14:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice snaps his fingers to get the Aleena's attention.

"The bounty hunter on Farana.  Wide-brimmed hat, woolen cloak, on a swoop, wants us dead or alive?  Ring any bells?"

He points to the datapad.  "Where did you find this?"
Bulyip
 player, 219 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 23:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Trying to recall it, he walks closer to the datapad, looks at it, and seems to get an 'a-ha' moment look on his face. "Right, me found it when that bounty hunter was around. In among the cargo crates where me was hid...waiting. Where me was waiting."

Bulyip furrows his brow, adding, "Didn't me give it to that poodoo Daeg? He really bad man. Me glad he gone. He should learn how be friendly."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 732 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 15:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice looks at the datapad with confusion.

"Daeg...?  But he wasn't..."

Understanding dawns on his face, and he sheepishly says, "Oooohhh... slag."

He picks it up and looks at it again.

"What are the odds that Kol knows this is missing, and has set it to remotely memory wipe when it's put back online?  Chatterbox, let's create an image backup of the banks on here so we can study what their movements were a month ago.  Then let's firewall it off, give it a holonet connection, and see what happens.  Maybe it'll tell us exactly where they..."  He trails off.

His face shows intense concentration for a moment, then his eyebrows go up.  He stands and shouts, "I've got an idea!"

He pushes the datapad across the table and says, "Metzz, C-Box, and Q7, slice that pad!  Everybody else, get the Kaadu and the Jai ready for launch; destination the Rampa system."

He points at Kaara and motions for her to follow him before rushing up to the bridge.

"C-Box, open a secure call to Loobagga the Hutt's office on the station, and make it snappy."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:52, Thu 14 Mar 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1907 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 16:40
Re: 6: Reunions
"Err, umm, right away!" Chatterbox stammers, caught flat-footed between multiple orders.

A second later, Loobagga the Hutt's voice crackles over the ship's speakers.  "Mr. Delfinn?  How may I help you?"

Meanwhile, Q7 picks up the datapad from the table, turning it over a couple of times in his hands before tossing it to Metzz.  "I think I have some scrap components we can use to splice a wireless connection to it," he nods his beaky battledroid head.  "But that little clunker's gonna need a serious software overhaul before it's net-capable.  Why don't you work on that while I get the parts."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 733 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 17:07
Re: 6: Reunions
He settles into the captain's chair on the bridge.  "Mister Loobagga, have you had the opportunity to send my reply to Kol yet?  It not, please wait."

He looks at Kaara and says quietly, "I've got an idea."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:31, Thu 14 Mar 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 629 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Mar 2013
at 20:58
Re: 6: Reunions
One eyebrow raised as people started doing things and Roice failed to explain. He headed to the loading ramp to wait for his package. If it didn't show, he wasn't going anywhere but straight back to the dug's little shop for some painful questions.
Metzz
 player, 124 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Sat 16 Mar 2013
at 09:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
...He pushes the datapad across the table and says, "Metzz, C-Box, and Q7, slice that pad!  Everybody else, get the Kaadu and the Jai ready for launch; destination the Rampa system."

"Right on it Boss!"
Metzz plugs in the datapad to his Comm's station on the bridge and disassembles the device with assembly code...
09:45, Today: Metzz rolled 31 using 7d6 with rolls of 2,4,6,3,4,6,6. Comp Prog/Rep.
Bulyip
 player, 220 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 18 Mar 2013
at 02:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking down at his feet, the small Aleena takes off his hat and carries it over to one of the chairs, climbing up to sit in it. "No one even ask about me hat. Everyone just want find more bad people, and make trouble."

Bulyip scratches, and plays with a couple buttons, waiting to see what is the big plan that is in the works.
Arbiter
 GM, 1909 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 18 Mar 2013
at 13:10
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice: "No, I haven't sent it yet.  I suspected that you might have something up your sleeve when you rushed off with my partner like that," the Hutt replies.  "I am eagerly awaiting you signal to transmit.  I suspect no matter which way this goes, it will be interesting."

Selous: Bored with all the plotting, schemings, and no-explaining, you plunk down on the ramp, waiting for your delivery.

Shortly, a harried-looking teen rushes over, carrying a big, bulky package.  "'Scuse me!" he calls up to you, "Someone on this ship expecting a delivery?"

Metzz: It's a matter of simple slicing to get into the little pad and monkey with its code.  Chatterbox provides backup by cloning the information to a secure, firewalled sector on the ship's computer where it can't be accidentally erased--but also can't be accessed in a meaningful fashion.  It's just a lump of raw data right now.

Q7 returns from the engine room with a small box containing a variety of pieces and parts.  "Stripped 'em from the control pack on ol' Squawky here," the droid says, metal fist knocking against the skull of his battle droid body.  "Should be fairly simple to solder in the components and give the pad wireless capabilities.  Of course, it would've been cheaper to just get a new pad and port the data over to it.  But, paranoia knows no bounds, I guess..."

Once Metzz is done slicing the pad so it can receive new code, Q7, unplugs it from the console and sits in the co-pilot's seat.  A series of long, spidery arms emerge from the astromech dome on his back, each tipped with a different tool.  They get to work on the pad, moving in almost creepy, mechanical synchronicity as the battle droid body sits rigid and unmoving.  In the blink of an eye, several new components have been soldered to the pad's main board and connected to the case with a healthy addition of ship tape.  The resulting device definitely doesn't look like something you'd get off the shelf in a high-end electronics boutique.

But it's got blinky lights!

Q7 hands the pad back to Metzz once the work arms retract and the battle droid body comes back to life.  "Here you go.  Should be ready for the new code now.  I'd recommend keeping it simple.  The pad's kinda dumb and BD-series components were built by the lowest bidder, so they weren't exactly top of the line 20 years ago, let alone today."

OOC: Make another Prog roll to write/upload the appropriate software to make the pad 'Net capable.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 734 posts
Mon 18 Mar 2013
at 19:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice lets out a sigh of relief and nods.  "Thanks.  We'll send over shortly, Tracker, out."

He looks at Kaara.  "Alright.  I want you to take that anger you felt toward us, and channel it toward Lucius Kol.  Here's the story."

He closes his eyes and holds up his fingers in a frame, visualizing the recording.

"You agree to his terms.  You've got a lead on Delfinn's ship and the gang.  You've gotten a loan shark to front you enough credits to hire a hunter team to snag me, and they will--it's just a matter of time.  You'll exchange me for Splynn, and the others if they survive the raid.  You'll contact him again to confirm you've got me, and to set up a location for the exchange."

He opens his eyes and looks at her.  "This is how it has to go down.  They'll have left Farana with your father by now.  Kol will have someone there watching, but the trail will be cold and going back there is useless."

He stands.  "If he wants us bad enough, we can make him come to us.  And we'll be waiting for him when he does."
Harry Selous
 player, 630 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 19 Mar 2013
at 12:00
Re: 6: Reunions
"Yeah kid, right here." Harry said, walking down the ramp, "Hand it over."
Metzz
 player, 125 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 19 Mar 2013
at 14:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Having disarmed the firewall and rebuilt the datapad almost from scratch, Metzz hooked it up for a holonet connection.

14:13, Today: Metzz rolled 28 using 7d6 with rolls of 6,5,5,3,1,6,2. Comp Prog/Rep.
14:13, Today: Metzz rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. Wild Die. TOTAL = 29.

Arbiter
 GM, 1913 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 22 Mar 2013
at 22:34
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice: "Right... 'Felt'..." Kaara replies, but nods as you explain your plan.  "Sounds just bantha-brained enough to work."

Selous: You can tell right away that--unless the Dug practices creative packaging--this isn't a package for you.  It's bulky, vaguely squarish, and thoroughly wrapped in brown paper.

Metzz: It's simplicity itself to slice in 'Net access programming for the dumb little pad.

You access the local connection and the pad does about the only thing it's capable of: it crosschecks its stored bounty data against the equivalent postings on the station's bounty office board and begins updating them.
Harry Selous
 player, 631 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 22 Mar 2013
at 22:55
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry stopped on his way down the ramp as he actually looked over the package.

"Hey, what is that?" He asked the kid.
Arbiter
 GM, 1914 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 25 Mar 2013
at 05:28
Re: 6: Reunions
"I dunno," the kid replies.  "I just deliver 'em, I don't wrap 'em.  You gonna take this or what?"
Harry Selous
 player, 632 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 25 Mar 2013
at 06:39
Re: 6: Reunions
"Fine, hand it over." Harry said, taking the package from the kid.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 735 posts
Mon 25 Mar 2013
at 22:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice spends a few minutes finding a good, nondescript spot on the Tracker to shoot Kaara's message, taking care to make sure there aren't any distinguishing features that might stray into the frame.

"Q7, you still have a holorecorder built into that backpack?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1916 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 27 Mar 2013
at 20:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous: You accept the bulky package from the boy, who waits around long enough to see if a tip might be inbound.

You can't tell what's in the package due to the wrapping, but it feels pretty much like it looks, squarish, but also slightly squishable.

Roice: "That 'backpack' happens to be my brain, Cap'n," the droid replies.  "And yeah, I do.  But..." the gangly battle droid body starts turning and twisting in odd ways as Q7 tries to bring his recording lens into alignment.  "Hang on!"

He leaves, only to return momentarily from the engine room with two empty crates.  He sets the crates on the floor across from you, then climbs onto them.  The battle droid lays flat as a board across the boxes, face down, putting the astromech dome on its back horizontal with the floor.  "There we go," Q7 says, his voice muffled because his battle droid face is mashed into the crate.  "Just tell me when to start recording."

Metzz: The pad makes a quiet "Ding!" when the data is done updating.
Garret Haskel
 player, 828 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2013
at 22:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret moves to where he can watch without interrupting anything; keeping his thoughts to himself for the time being.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 736 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2013
at 22:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Because he's totally paranoid, Roice carefully looks around the shot to make sure there are no identifying visual features, or sounds, or anything that would indicate that the recording is being made on the Tracker.

"Q7, can you frame this so you can't see anything but her?"
Harry Selous
 player, 633 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 27 Mar 2013
at 23:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, not offering a tip to the delivery boy who hadn't brought his package, turned around and carried it on to the ship, setting it down just inside the ship, he headed back to the ramp to wait for his gear.
Arbiter
 GM, 1920 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 17:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice: Everything seems in order.  Q7 assures you that the shot is framed properly.  Roice looks back at Kaara to find her going through some sort of bizarre ritual.  She's muttering "mememememymymymomomo" over and over and slapping herself lightly on the cheeks.

She sees him looking and says, somewhat haughtily, "You've never seen a star preparing for her award-winning performance?"

She stops muttering and turns away for a second.  Her whole body posture changes, slumping into a position that just says "anguish, betrayal, anger, hurt" then turns back around.  Where once her face was composed, eyes bright and tear-free, it's now a wreck.  Tears are streaming down her face, her cheeks and eyes are red and blotchy as if she's been crying for hours, and--after she ruffles her hands quickly through her hair--she becomes the epitome of a woman trapped in overwhelming grief and anger.

"Roll," she snaps, voice trembling with barely-suppressed rage.

Q7 is smart enough not to wait for Roice's signal or make a smart-aleck remark.  The holorecorder lens starts glowing and Zone launches into her spiel.

"I received your messsage, Mr. Kol," she says, words trembling, her breath hitching as if she's just stopped crying.  "I received it loud and clear.  We both have something the other wants.  You want Delfinn and his crew.  I want my father returned to me safely so that he can get the medical care he so desperately requires.  To that end, I have acquired the services of a bounty hunter team to track them down, off the books.  They have no knowledge of who they're looking for, just that I want them and that I'm paying them to retrieve the group.  That way they won't get any bright ideas about running off to cash in the bounties once they've acquired Delfinn's gang.

"Once I have them, I will contact you again to confirm.  At that time we can..." she stops, bottom lip quivering as another tear slides down her face.  She clears her throat, forcibly composing herself before continuing.  "At that time we can discuss arrangements for an exchange, Delfinn and his band of idiots for my father."

She straightens her posture, squaring her shoulders in proud defiance, "I expect a reply soon to confirm receipt of this message.  My team is already on its way and I expect it won't take them long to hunt down and capture Delfinn.  If you want him, I trust you won't waste time in responding.  Zone out."

The woman steps out of the range of Q7's recorder and, just like that, the tears are gone and she's her normal self again.  She pulls a tissue from her pocket and dabs at her eyes, quickly restoring her appearance.

"Crying woman," she says, glancing askance at Roice, "gets 'em every time.  Don't worry, Sport, he'll reply.  Droid," she snaps at Q7, who is clambering back to his feet from his awkward perch on the crates.  "Package that and send it to Loogie.  No reason to sit on this any longer."

"Pfft, yes your highness, right away," Q7 responds sarcastically, but clanks off before she can yell at him some more.  "I'll be on the bridge, transmitting," he calls over his shoulder.
Arbiter
 GM, 1921 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 17:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous: You hear Q7 stomping by above you, muttering something about kicking some woman out an airlock, then he's past and on his way to the bridge.

Meanwhile, another person is walking with purpose towards the parked ship.  While the Sakiyan carrying the package is unfamiliar (you were expecting Bargesh's boy, Kuhl, the Rodian), the package he's carrying is distinctive enough for you to recognize your purchase.
Metzz
 player, 126 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 17:47
Re: 6: Reunions
Once the film shoot is over, Metzz returns to the bridge to find Roice.  He hands the device to the Captain.

"The datapad is on-line and has just updated boss."
Atallo Danya
 player, 1 post
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 17:50
Re: 6: Reunions
  The bald, green pointy eared male Sakiyan held the long, thin package as he walked up to the Correllian transport ship. He looked over the vessel with a careful eye as he waited for someone to come out.

  "I have a delivery, anybody there?"
Harry Selous
 player, 634 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 19:17
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry quickly turns toward the ramp again, roughly setting down the package from earlier and heading for the new delivery guy.

"Yeah, that's me. What happened to the other guy?" He asked as he reached the top of the ramp and headed for the package.
Atallo Danya
 player, 2 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 19:54
Re: 6: Reunions
  The green-skinned man just looked quizzically at the human. "I'm not sure, I just started working deliveries a few days ago. I'm new to the station, and a transport repair tech by trade."

  He peeked up at the ship again as he continued. "YV-100. Fairly reliable models, the CEC designs. Not very aesthetically appealing, but functional. My father had one, a stock version, but I did some engine enhancements to it for better maneuverability. I see that you have quite a few modifications as well, from the looks of it, though your weapons systems look bit worn. I can tell you've reinforced the hull, upgraded the shields, improved your hyperdrive engines, and from the exhaust manifolds you have installed I'm guessing you boosted your sublight speed as well. You must keep your tech busy."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Fri 29 Mar 2013.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 737 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 20:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice takes the datapad and peruses it.  "Did it do anything interesting?"
Harry Selous
 player, 635 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 20:37
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry half chuckled as he took the package from the alien.

"I wouldn't know, man. I just do the heavy lifting and wait around for deliveries. Heck, I probably couldn't even point at the exhaust manifold you mentioned if you put a gun to my head." He said, smiling amicably, "And forget about flying the thing. If I ever sit in the pilot's chair again it'll be to soon."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:37, Fri 29 Mar 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 1924 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 20:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
Roice takes the datapad and peruses it.  "Did it do anything interesting?"

OOC: Several of the bounties previously listed have been deleted, most likely due to being collected on.  In addition to those listed for your group there are 6 others still outstanding.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 738 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 20:54
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice nods his head at the listings.

"Alright, alright, good."  He hands it back to Metzz.  "You, Q7 and C-Box scan these and start a location map.  We need to estimate their location based on hyperspace lanes and transit times from Farana.  Three weeks is our window."
Atallo Danya
 player, 3 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 21:14
Re: 6: Reunions
  The alien just nodded his bulbous head at the human's remark. "Well, I can fix just about anything, but I leave piloting to others. I can drive a repulsorlift vehicle well enough to get around, anything beyond that and I need a very good autopilot program."

  He scratched his angular chin and added, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but I don't suppose you know of anyone looking for a good technician and skilled computer programmer. I can't seem to find work that doesn't involves Hutts, or hasn't already been taken up by some Twi'lek woman here on Farside."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:49, Sun 31 Mar 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 637 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 29 Mar 2013
at 21:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, paying more attention to the package now then to the delivery guy, stopped suddenly and glanced up at him.

"Twilek woman techie?"

Harry glanced down at his package, back up at the alien in fron of him, then tucked the package under his arm for later.

"Wait here a sec, would ya?"

With that Harry was headed on to the ship and up to the bridge.

"Hey Roice, Did you know there's a twilek mechanic woman working tech here on Farside? I don't know if we still care about getting her back from that hutt guy Sparks screwed with on that spice planet, but there's a green delivery guy outside who you might want to talk to. Not sure how unusual twilek mechanics are, but I've only ever met the one."

Harry said, interrupting whatever was going on, cradling his package under his arm.

"Oh, also, if any of you are waiting on a kinda squishy, squarish package, it's down in the hold. I don't know what it is."
Garret Haskel
 player, 829 posts
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 11:50
Re: 6: Reunions
"Roice is a little busy setting things up with Kaara right now Harry. Did your green friend name this twi'lek woman?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1928 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 15:24
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Selous already heard Q7 grumbling his way to the bridge, so the tri-vid recording is done.  Just FYI.
Garret Haskel
 player, 830 posts
Sat 30 Mar 2013
at 16:25
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Roice could still be busy; even if Q7 isn't.
Harry Selous
 player, 641 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 31 Mar 2013
at 02:46
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC - well, Mettz posted aboput talking to him on the bridge, and roice responded to that, so I just assumed the cap was on the bridge.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 739 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 16:55
Re: 6: Reunions
"Twi'lek woman?"  He looks to Kaara.  "Does he mean Agial'ili?"
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 34 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 17:05
Re: 6: Reunions
She shrugs, but says, "You know any other Twi'lek slavedolls that can tell one end of a hydrospanner from another?  I knew she was picking up odd jobs to pay the rent while Loogie and I were securing work for our business.  I'd be surprised if it wasn't her."

She looks at Selous, "That delivery guy say how long it's been since he lost a job to her?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:45, Tue 02 Apr 2013.

Q7-P10
 NPC, 43 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 21:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"Upload complete," Q7 says, getting up from the co-pilot's seat.  "I was talking to the Kaadu while I was waiting and her computer says that the secondary repulsor on portside aft has gone wonky... again.  Permission to go take a look at it?"

He shifts his beaky head between Roice and Haskel, waiting for an answer.
Garret Haskel
 player, 832 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 22:14
Re: 6: Reunions
"Granted Q7.

Garret goes outside to where the delivery guy is waiting.

"You mentioned a female twi'lek techie. Do you know what her name is?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 5 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 13:29
Re: 6: Reunions
  The green-skinned humanoid was pacing around the between this ship and Gtroc freighter looking at something when the other human came along and spoke to him.

  He turned and looked at the human quizzically for a second, as he was lost in thought. Then he looked up in the air as he pondered the query. "Well, I'm not really sure. I've never met her in person, just heard that several posted jobs were already taken by a female Twi'lek mechanic. I did hear the name in passing. I think it was Agra, no perhaps Agia-Li, or something like that. Do you know her?"

  He looked back at something on the Gtroc transport ship and added, Are you the captain of that ship? Whoever is I recommend that they take a look at the aft port repulsor stabilizer, it appears to be slightly misaligned."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:03, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 740 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 15:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice stares down the ramp wide-eyed at overhearing the stranger's assessment of the Kaadu.

He looks to Q7.  "See if he can help, and find out if his fees are worth it."

He whispers something to Harry. 

"C-Box, let's get Kaara's message sent over to Loogie, secure transfer.  Everybody else continue gearing up, we're struts up as soon as we hear back from Kol."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 44 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 15:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Q7 clanks down the ramp, slinging a repair kit over his shoulder.  He stops at the bottom and looks over Atallo, his battle droid face devoid of expression, but his posture conveying skepticism.

"You spotted a misalignment from all the way over here, huh?" He asks in his squawky, barely-inflected voice.
Atallo Danya
 player, 6 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 16:13
Re: 6: Reunions
  He looked at the odd droid and raised an eye ridge. "Well, yes. I was a bit closer a minute ago while I was waiting. Something seemed odd, just a hunch so I moved over to look at it."

  The pointy eared Sakiyan pointed to the repulsor motor unit. "See the inductor of the repulsor coil. The incoming plasma manifold line coming across the hull should match up right against it, but its slightly off. That will cause the repulsor to misfire."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:55, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Q7-P10
 NPC, 45 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 16:27
Re: 6: Reunions
"You're hired," the droid says, without missing a beat.  He hands over the toolkit and heads over to the 720 without another word.
Atallo Danya
 player, 7 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 16:55
Re: 6: Reunions
  Atallo was taken by surprise at the offer to repair the ship's secondary repulsor. He had thought they must already have a good mechanic for these two vessels. Perhaps they were in a big hurry. He wasn't going to argue, the money for deliveries wasn't even getting the rent on his ramshackle apartment paid. Although he must report back and apologize as soon as he is done here, it would bring him dishonor not to make amends to his current employer. He thought it most illogical that he was working for a battle droid. This Corporate sector is one strange place indeed.

  He took the tools and went to work, removing the access panel and inspecting the mechanism. He reached in and winched the hydrospanner on the coil adjuster, lining it up properly. He made a final inspection and then closed the repulsor motor access panel and secured it.

  After that he went looking for the strange looking battle droid to give him his tools back.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:56, Wed 03 Apr 2013.

Q7-P10
 NPC, 46 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 17:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Q7 hasn't gone far, staying close to Atallo to watch him work and nodding approvingly when he's completed his task and returned the tools.

The droid hands the toolkit off to Haskel and says, as he passes, "I'd keep him around if he's interested, Captain.  That flying pile of poodoo of yours is gonna need someone to maintain her constantly and I've got my manipulators full with the other three ships already."

To Atallo he says, jerking a thumb at Haskel, "Square payment with this guy.  I don't handle payroll." then he's off, back up the ramp into the YV-100.
Garret Haskel
 player, 833 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 20:43
Re: 6: Reunions
"Yes I know her. One second. I need to tell the captain of this ship something then I will be back."

Garret quickly intercepts Roice.

"While you are going after Kaara's father I will track down Aggie. Have Cbox install some secure frequencies I can use to contact you, and let Loogie to know to contact me on the Kaadu."

Garret will wait to hear what Roice has to say then will return to Atallo.
Harry Selous
 player, 642 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 21:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry nodded to Roice's whisper and headed off to the loading ramp. He sat himself down where he could see the new mechanic without being seen by port security, then began unwrapping his delivery. He thought briefly about what he would do if it wasn't the right item, then shook it from his mind. Roice had specifically said not to blow anything up in this particular bolt hole of theirs.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 741 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 22:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Actually, there's been a change of plans," Roice says to Haskel.  "We're all going together.  Aggie first, then Kol, because we'll need all hands on deck.  And I'm hoping," he says quietly, "that Loogie's team will be able to assist."
Garret Haskel
 player, 836 posts
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 22:12
Re: 6: Reunions
"Understood." was all Garret said before walking off, but he was pleased with the plan.

He returned to Atallo.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. What is your fee for working on my ship?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 9 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2013
at 13:12
Re: 6: Reunions
  He gave a slight bow out of respect to the ship's captain. "I believe fifty credits to be a fair exchange for services rendered. It will appease my boss for running late on deliveries, and get me caught up with rent for the next day or two at least."

  He added, "If you or anyone you know needs further assistance, I am available, in Omega District, D'atric Hall, Room 38. Although you might need a loaded blaster to come visit, the neighborhood is sorely lacking in hospitality to guests, or residents for that matter."
Garret Haskel
 player, 838 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2013
at 20:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret hands him 50 credits.

"Sounds fair to me. Would you be interested in joining us?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 10 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2013
at 21:16
Re: 6: Reunions
  Atallo smiled at the offer, showing white teeth with sharp fangs. "Considering the current prospects, it would be most amicable to join your crew. My primary skill is in starship transport repair, but I am also highly skilled in computer programming, or 'slicing' as many call it. I am well versed in repairing starship weapons, repulsorcraft and droids as well."

  He stood proudly to his nearly two meter height. "What is it that you do, and how does your crew get paid? Retainer fees, or some type of profit sharing ?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 839 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2013
at 21:33
Re: 6: Reunions
"We split the profits. You are welcome to join us. You can choose one the bunks in the port side crew quarters. I am Garret, and I am the field medic of the group though I can hold my own in a fight if need be. You wouldn't happen to know if anyone here can quickly convert one of the crew quarters into a fully equipped medical room do you?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 11 posts
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 13:50
Re: 6: Reunions
  Atallo wondered why he avoided the question about what they do, or he was perhaps just preoccupied. At any rate, it couldn't be any worse than what he was doing now. At least the crew quarters on this ship should be in better condition than his apartment.

  He bowed his head, "Please to make your acquaintance, Garret, I am Atallo Danya."

  He answered the question about the med bay conversion. "I've only arrived at this station two standard weeks ago. I believe they have the facilities to accommodate that request as long as you don't need to make any hull structural modifications. As far as the equipment goes, I'm not sure what they carry for medical units."

  "If you show me what you plan to do and give me a list of equipment I can find out for sure. I rigged a port on my datapad to connect to the station's information hub, so I can find the supplies if they are at Farside. I need to finish my deliveries for the day and honor my commitment of work. But after that I will tender my resignation, pack my belongings, and then find out the information for you if that is your wish."

Arbiter
 GM, 1940 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 19:48
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry nodded to Roice's whisper and headed off to the loading ramp. He sat himself down where he could see the new mechanic without being seen by port security, then began unwrapping his delivery. He thought briefly about what he would do if it wasn't the right item, then shook it from his mind. Roice had specifically said not to blow anything up in this particular bolt hole of theirs.

This time the package is correct.  Your shiny new purchase is revealed as you tear away the wrappings.

Roice Delfinn:
Roice stares down the ramp wide-eyed at overhearing the stranger's assessment of the Kaadu.

He looks to Q7.  "See if he can help, and find out if his fees are worth it."

He whispers something to Harry.

"C-Box, let's get Kaara's message sent over to Loogie, secure transfer.  Everybody else continue gearing up, we're struts up as soon as we hear back from Kol."

"Message sent, Captain, and I've received confirmation from Mr. Loobagga that he's begun transmission," Chatterbox chirps.  "Just a matter of time now until we get a response.  Anyone want to play a game of sabaac?  I promise not to cheat this time!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 841 posts
Sat 6 Apr 2013
at 12:05
Re: 6: Reunions
In reply to Atallo Danya (msg # 227):

"I want to upgrade the sickbay equipment I have so that it is the equal of any coreworld medical room. Soon we will be leaving to track down our friend the twi'lek you told us about. I will tell you more later."

Garret pulls out a comlink and 300 credits. He hands Atallo the comlink.

"Use this to contact me if you need to, and could you do me a favor while you are on the way back?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 12 posts
Sat 6 Apr 2013
at 20:59
Re: 6: Reunions

quote:
"I want to upgrade the sickbay equipment I have so that it is the equal of any coreworld medical room. Soon we will be leaving to track down our friend the twi'lek you told us about. I will tell you more later."


   "How much time do I have before you leave?"

 
quote:
Garret pulls out a comlink and 300 credits. He hands Atallo the comlink.

"Use this to contact me if you need to, and could you do me a favor while you are on the way back?"


   He accepts the commlink and credits, though he looks a bit confused about the money. But he ignores it and answers his question. "Since I am going to be in your employ, I will do whatever favor you wish, within my capacities."
Garret Haskel
 player, 842 posts
Sun 7 Apr 2013
at 00:09
Re: 6: Reunions
"On your way back, pick up as many medpacks as you can carry. I want to be sure I am well stocked in case of unexpected troubles. If you do use that comlink, use my callsign, which is Gunner. I don't know how long until we lift off, so finish up as quick as you can. I won't leave until you return."
Atallo Danya
 player, 13 posts
Sun 7 Apr 2013
at 15:57
Re: 6: Reunions
 The Sakiyan gave a slight bow and replied, "Very well Captain, I shall do as you requested with due haste after settling with my employer and gathering my belongings."

  He turned his head and looked over the ship, his new home and then bounded out of the hangar into the station proper.
Garret Haskel
 player, 843 posts
Sun 7 Apr 2013
at 17:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret watched Atallo leave, then returned to Kaadu. He would wait until he was back, but he wanted the ship ready for immediate departure. He brought the entire ship up to standby, and completed pre-flight checks on everything so it could be started quickly.
Harry Selous
 player, 643 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 7 Apr 2013
at 18:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry toyed with his new weapon, then headed to the bridge now that the mechanic was gone.

"Hey cap, what ship you want me on when we blast outta here? I'd prefer the tracker, but if you need me somewhere else, I can do that to."
Arbiter
 GM, 1941 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 13:31
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Harry is carrying a very dangerous-looking gun.  It's obviously not a sporting blaster, but a military-grade rifle.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 743 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 16:34
Re: 6: Reunions
"I, uh...  Hmm."  Roice considers things silently for a second, counting numbers on his fingers.

"Hold that thought."  He goes up to the bridge.

"C-Box, start a ledger file, encrypt it heavily.  Begin assembling an asset list, including the ships, equipment, materials of worth, and..." he sighs.  "And employees."

He browses to the file manager.  "And let's pick one of your company fronts to go by for now, a nice generic one that we can ditch at a moment's notice."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 86 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 16:43
Re: 6: Reunions
"Hahahahahaha, good one, Captain!" Chatterbox guffaws, only to stop and then reply, "Oh wait, you're serious?  Opening file... employees..." he mutters with another quiet chuckle.

"Krayt & Baruhl Imports/Exports is probably a good choice for a dummy front.  I haven't had a chance to use them yet.  And their home office is on Tatooine.  Nobody's going to bother checking there for anything, am I right?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 14 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 17:08
Re: 6: Reunions
  Roughly an hour later, the green-skinned spaceship mechanic returned to the Kaadu, carrying two synth-fiber sacks filled with his belongings.

  He searched around for Garret to report in and gave him three medpacs he just purchased.
Garret Haskel
 player, 844 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 21:58
Re: 6: Reunions
Atallo finds Garret on the bridge; not really doing anything but waiting for the order to depart.

"Welcome back. The medpacks can go in the sickbay next to the refresher, and your stuff can go in one of the crew rooms. I'm in the room nearest the ramp."
Atallo Danya
 player, 15 posts
Tue 9 Apr 2013
at 14:19
Re: 6: Reunions
  Atallo nodded to Garret. "Very well, Captain. I would like to take a detailed look at the ship, your tools and equipment especially in the repair bay area and the medical bay."

  He looked around on his way in and didn't see anyone else, so he was curious "Where is the rest of your crew? I would like to meet them as well. Preferably before they see me snooping around and get a little.. upset, perhaps? From the size of the custom weapons on this ship, I take it they aren't the most peaceful lot."
Garret Haskel
 player, 845 posts
Tue 9 Apr 2013
at 20:23
Re: 6: Reunions
"Its just you and me on this ship actually. Most of the people in our little band crew the Sun Tracker, which I guess you could call our flagship. So feel free to take a look around the ship and see what there is that you can use."

Garret got up, and climbed down to the main deck, then waited for Atallo to join him.
Atallo Danya
 player, 16 posts
Tue 9 Apr 2013
at 20:47
Re: 6: Reunions
  The Sakiyan raised an eye ridge when he mentioned he was the only other crewman. He had about hundred different questions, but decided it was best to just wait until the tour was completed. Hopefully he would get the answers during the walk through.

  He climbed down the ladder and followed Garret to the main deck. "I'll just throw my things down in the other crew cabin."

  He dropped his two sythe-fiber sacks down in the room, then rejoined the Captain.
Metzz
 player, 128 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 13:05
Re: 6: Reunions
Arbiter:
OOC: Harry is carrying a very dangerous-looking gun.  It's obviously not a sporting blaster, but a military-grade rifle.

"Ooooh shiny!  You gonna kill Sparks with that gun, or Haskel." <chuckle>
Harry Selous
 player, 644 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 13:19
Re: 6: Reunions
"Either or." Harry said with a grin, leaning back against a wall and cradling his gun.

"It's a Sorosubb X45. Best sniper rifle my meager pile of creds could buy."
Arbiter
 GM, 1957 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 16:00
Re: 6: Reunions
While the group (minus Haskel and Atallo, who are on the Kaadu) lounge on the bridge, waiting for the message to be delivered, a disturbance down by the ramp draws their attention.

"Hey, yoo can't jus' go in dere!" Everyone hears Y'tes, the hulking Houk cook, growl loudly at someone.

There's a pause, followed by Y'tes replying, tone slightly confused.  "Oh?  You can go in 'dere?  Ya, okay.  Bye, lady!"  This is followed shortly by the sound of footsteps heading up the Tracker's ramp.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 745 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 16:17
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice throws a glance at Selous, and quickly points out of the bridge toward the ramp.

He spins and toggles the ship intercom.  "Stop right there."
Arbiter
 GM, 1959 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 16:27
Re: 6: Reunions
The footsteps stop and a woman's voice replies, "You have nothing to worry about, Roice Delfinn.  I came to talk."
Harry Selous
 player, 647 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 16:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry set down the sorosubb and drew Bola's blaster, better for corridor combat, then stepped out of the bridge toward the ramp, ready for anything. He couldn't think of any other women they'd worked with other then Agi and Zone, so he had no idea who might be on the ship.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 746 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 17:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice mutes the intercom and opens the comm to the Kaadu.

"Turret, cover the Tracker's ramp, stat.  Be careful."

He opens the intercom again.  "Harry, show our guest in please."
Arbiter
 GM, 1960 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 18:54
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous leaves the bridge, only to return momentarily with a tall, slender woman walking alongside him.

She's a Zeltron, with dark red skin and waist-length hair that's either black or so dark red that it might as well be black.  She's dressed in a bright, flowing dress that somehow manages to not be concealing at all, and yet also doesn't reveal anything.

Physically, it's hard to gauge her age.  She has one of those faces that could be anywhere from late teens to mid-forties, but she carries herself with the calm confidence of adulthood.

Her violet eyes scan the group on the bridge, and she gives Kaara the slightest of nods before fixing on Roice.  Her face immediately splits into a sunny smile and she says, "You're just as your uncle always described you, Roice.  I'm so happy to finally get to meet you in person!"
Harry Selous
 player, 648 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 21:19
Re: 6: Reunions
As he stepped through the doorway beside the Zeltron, he stepped aside and returned to his lean back against the wall. As she moved in to the room to speak with roice, his eyes roved up and down her back. He certainly wasn't interested in determining her age.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 747 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 21:34
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice makes a questioning glance at Kaara when the girl does.

He studies her for a moment, searching his memory for any reference Veran made of a Zeltron.

"You have me at a disadvantage, Miss...?"
Nella Duanna
 NPC, 9 posts
 It's on the house!
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 21:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"Nella Duanna," she says, still smiling.  "I'm an old friend of your uncle's and when I heard the Sun Tracker had docked, I had to come say hello."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 748 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 22:04
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice smiles, lopsidedly.  "Really.  Well."  He opens his hands in a welcoming gesture.

"Hello."

He turns his head to the side and says, "C-Box, who--?"

His skepticism drops as he remembers something.  He quickly looks at her.

"You--!"

He straightens up and looks to Selous.  "We're alright.  Continue prepping for launch."

He steps forward and motions out of the bridge.  "Please," he says to the Zeltron, "step into my office so we can chat privately."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:21, Thu 11 Apr 2013.

Nella Duanna
 NPC, 10 posts
 It's on the house!
Thu 11 Apr 2013
at 15:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Nella nods and follows Roice out of the cockpit.
Atallo Danya
 player, 18 posts
Thu 11 Apr 2013
at 16:15
Re: 6: Reunions
  Atallo stowed the medpacs in the medical bay, and looked around. He turned to Haskel and decided he better go ahead and ask questions now. "That YT-100 is your flagship. I see. What are the other two ships that your droid mentioned? How many people are in your group, I would like to meet them prior to debarking, if that is possible."

  The Sakiyan pursed his dark green lips, realizing something else. "Where is it that we are headed anyway?"
Harry Selous
 player, 649 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 11 Apr 2013
at 22:48
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grimaced as Roice told him to prepare for launch, like he knew how to do anything that involved.

"Mettz, prepare for launch." Harry said, waving Bola's blaster vaguely about.

He stepped over to Zone and smirked, "And who was that little lady?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 849 posts
Thu 11 Apr 2013
at 23:14
Re: 6: Reunions
"It's Roice, A'den, Metzz, Harry and Stomper, myself, you, and Kaara for as long as she stays on. Q7 takes care of the Sun Tracker, and A'den's ship I guess. I don't pay much attention to what that droid does."

OOC: I am waiting to give our beloved Arbiter time to make the schematics and determine all of whatever is on the ship before I give the Grand Kaadu Tour.
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 35 posts
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 13:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
He stepped over to Zone and smirked, "And who was that little lady?"

"Some friend of Agial'ili's," she says, rolling her eyes at Selous' smirk.  "Runs a bar on the station or something.  Interesting that she knew Veran," she muses.
Harry Selous
 player, 651 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 13:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry shrugs at the lack of information. He'd expected something more.

"Well, if she knew Roice's old man, she must be older then I woulda guessed. So how's Pops? Still kickin it in the hospital back on whatever that planet was called?" He asked, looking off toward where Roice and his lady friend had gone.
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 37 posts
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 13:48
Re: 6: Reunions
The expression "If looks could kill..." is often used to describe an expression so full of anger and/or disgust that one would assume that, were it weaponized, severe bodily harm would come to the individual that was the focus of said expression.

If one were to make a weapon out of the look on Kaara Zone's face right now...?

Half a quadrant would be vaporized.

"You dumb bastard..." she snarls, storming off the bridge without another word.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 87 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 13:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"Oooo... Ouch!  How's that foot taste, Mr. Selous?" Chatterbox asks once Zone has left the vicinity.
Harry Selous
 player, 653 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 13:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry's smirk disappears under the venomous gaze. As she storms off, he thinks about going after her, then decides better of it.

As C-Box chimes in, Harry looks about, "What? I just asked how Splynn was doing."

He thinks for a moment, then glances up again, "Chatter box, is there something going on here that I should know about? Because that was way worse then just Zone being Zone."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 749 posts
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 15:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice closes the door to his quarters behind Nella, and motions for her to sit at his desk.

"Well now, I must be the luckiest guy on the station."  He leans back and sits on the couter.

"Here I was told to find you, but you found me instead.  Given Veran's flair for the dramatic, I had visions of some crazy archaeological wild goose chase.  But here you stand before me, Painted Lady."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 88 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 17:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
He thinks for a moment, then glances up again, "Chatter box, is there something going on here that I should know about? Because that was way worse then just Zone being Zone."


You can practically hear the droid brain's "gossip mode" activate.

"So, remember how you guys blew up half of Farana trying to escape from that bounty hunter who cornered you at the hospital?  Well, turns out, while you were joyriding through the city throwing bombs at old ladies, that bounty hunter was shifting targets.

"I don't know if you're aware, but the standing bounty for all of you is only part of the deal.  There's also a bounty for the 'safe return' of 'kidnapped' Assistant Vice-Prex Galor Splynn to the loving arms of the Corporate Sector Authority.  So, it looks like while you were all evading lawful pursuit for your many, many wanton acts of terrorism against the Ocsinnin people, the bounty hunter was quietly moving Mr. Splynn to his ship and offworld.

"He sent a personal message to Ms. Zone not long after, showing her that he had her father and was holding him safe without cashing in the bounty.  It seems that all of you put together are worth more than the fee for bringing in Splynn.  So, he's offered a trade: All of you--dead or alive, I might add--for Splynn.

"So, the Captain has cooked up a wacky scheme meant to kill two mynocks with one thermal detonator.  See, Miss Agial'ili is still missing.  We know she came here in the company of Ms. Zone and that Hutt from Gaurick IV.  But, apparently, while on a job for said Hutt, she and her companions went missing and haven't been heard from for a couple of weeks now.

"Naturally, the Captain wants to save her--she's one of us, and we've missed her, especially Q7, although he'll never admit it.  So, we're off to rescue Miss Agial'ili and then," if the droid brain had eyebrows they'd be waggling mischievously, "turn right around and have her group pretend to be a team of bounty hunters hired by Ms. Zone to bring the rest of you to the bounty hunter holding her father for the trade.  With that much muscle and sheer dumb luck on our side, there's no way we can fail!"

Chatterbox pauses momentarily, then exclaims, "Oh!  And Ms. Zone hates all of you with a fiery passion because she blames you for allowing the bounty hunter to make off with her father in the first place.  So, y'know, tread lightly and whatnot?"
Nella Duanna
 NPC, 11 posts
 It's on the house!
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 17:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
Roice closes the door to his quarters behind Nella, and motions for her to sit at his desk.

"Well now, I must be the luckiest guy on the station."  He leans back and sits on the couter.

"Here I was told to find you, but you found me instead.  Given Veran's flair for the dramatic, I had visions of some crazy archaeological wild goose chase.  But here you stand before me, Painted Lady."

"Painted...  Lad-- oh.  Oh!" The Zeltron woman's expression shifts from confusion to sudden realization.  "You're looking for the clues, aren't you!" she exclaims, grinning (you feel literal waves of intense interest tinged with impish glee pouring from her [it's a well known fact that Zeltrons are empaths]).  "I knew Burress would put you on the trail.  It's the half the reason he left you the Sun Tracker in his will."
Harry Selous
 player, 655 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 19:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry listens quietly throughout the gossip, realization of what he'd just said washing over him like a wave. Maybe he was still more drunk then he thought.

"Thanks C-B. Oh, and before I go make that worse by trying to fix it, any idea who the red chick is?" He asked, realizing chatterbox might be far more useful at figuring things out then he'd previously given the program credit for.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 750 posts
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 02:53
Re: 6: Reunions
He inches slightly closer to her.  "I am," he offers slowly, "absolutely dying to hear what you have to say on this subject.  But I'm afraid you've caught us at a bad moment--my rag-tag fleet is about to scramble on a little errand...  Dinner, when I get back?  Surely there's a restaurant on this place with reasonable fare...?"
Arbiter
 GM, 1965 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 18:43
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry listens quietly throughout the gossip, realization of what he'd just said washing over him like a wave. Maybe he was still more drunk then he thought.

"Thanks C-B. Oh, and before I go make that worse by trying to fix it, any idea who the red chick is?" He asked, realizing chatterbox might be far more useful at figuring things out then he'd previously given the program credit for.

"One moment... Ah!  She says she's an old acquaintance of Captain Veran.  I have no record of her, but that may simply be that she's never set foot...  No...  Cross-checking.  Hmm...  There are several memory blocks deleted.  And they circumstantially crosslink with this Nella woman.  Apparently she is someone, but I wasn't supposed to remember.  Odd..." the droid brain muses.  "Captain Veran was typically much better at erasing trace evidence of a memory purge.  Oh well," he says, dismissively, "he was probably in a hurry..."

Roice Delfinn:
He inches slightly closer to her.  "I am," he offers slowly, "absolutely dying to hear what you have to say on this subject.  But I'm afraid you've caught us at a bad moment--my rag-tag fleet is about to scramble on a little errand...  Dinner, when I get back?  Surely there's a restaurant on this place with reasonable fare...?"

"I might know a place," she replies, coyly.  "Look me up once you've returned from your trip." she gets up and heads to the door.  "Aggie can tell you where it is.  And when you find her, let her know drinks are on the house."

With that, she slips out the door.
Harry Selous
 player, 656 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 19:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry's brow furrowed as C-box chattered on. 'He must have been in a hurry' didn't seem like a decent explanation for anything involving the old captain of this ship.

"Alright CB, thanks for the update. I think we might take you for granted around here." He said as he left the bridge to find Zone. He could talk to Roice about what was actually going on later. First he wanted to try and make up with the girl he'd inadvertently pissed off.
Arbiter
 GM, 1966 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 15 Apr 2013
at 21:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry's brow furrowed as C-box chattered on. 'He must have been in a hurry' didn't seem like a decent explanation for anything involving the old captain of this ship.

"Alright CB, thanks for the update. I think we might take you for granted around here." He said as he left the bridge to find Zone. He could talk to Roice about what was actually going on later. First he wanted to try and make up with the girl he'd inadvertently pissed off.

You pass the Zeltron woman on her way out from the crew quarters.  She gives you a warm smile and says goodbye as she leaves the ship.

Zone is hanging out in the lounge.  She notices you come in, but pointedly ignores you, instead focusing on the fluff news piece about some Imperial Moff's wife and her prize-winning pet sapphire-crested something-or-other that's playing on the vidscreen.
Harry Selous
 player, 657 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 15 Apr 2013
at 22:53
Re: 6: Reunions
"So, I figure you either won't say anything or you'll yell at me, but, I'm sorry." Harry said, sitting down close enough to be in reach, but far enough away to keep from being invasive, "I didn't know Splynn got grabbed by Kol. I thought Roice left him in the hospital for a reason."

Harry paused and rubbed the back of his neck, "I promise, if I get the chance, I'll put a laser through Kol's face, and get your dad back, but in the mean time, if you want to punch somebody..." His voice trailed off at the end as he shrugged as if to say 'I'm right here', and then he waited.
Metzz
 player, 129 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 15 Apr 2013
at 23:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Something was bothering Metzz.  A ringing in his antennae. "Shut up Harry!"

Metzz moved towards the Holovid display and concentrated.
00:12, Today: The Operative rolled 25 using 8d6+1 with rolls of 5,3,5,5,2,1,1,2. Comms.

There was something about this harmless news fluff that wasn't right???
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 38 posts
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 01:17
Re: 6: Reunions
"Whatever..." Zone says dismissively to Selous' apology.  But, maybe not completely ignoring the olive branch.  "You smell like a distillery, Selous.  Been huffing rocket exhaust?"


"What's his problem?" She asks as Metzz has a spaz attack.  The HoloNet broadcast has gone on to list acts of atrocity the Rebel Alliance has recently perpetrated on innocent Imperial citizens.
Harry Selous
 player, 658 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 02:40
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grinned at the mention of the smell of alcohol, then looked over at Metzz.

"I don't know, he can hear radio signals or something. Anyway, a 'Gundarks Revenge' will make you smell that way." He answered, head begining to spin.

"I'm gonna take a nap till this wears off. Kick me if anyone attacks the ship." He laid back and closed his eyes. Sleeping seemed like a good idea, but sleeping this messed up in a room with a giant lizard that likes chew toys seemed worse.



OOC - let me know when I can wake up without being at a disadvantage/if any lasers grazing my shoulder wake me up.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 89 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Sat 20 Apr 2013
at 01:49
Re: 6: Reunions
There's no time to ponder Nella's cryptic departure or Metzz's fit of weird bugginess as Chatterbox sends over the shipwide, "Captain and Ms. Zone to the bridge.  Mr. Loobagga is waiting to speak to you."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 751 posts
Sat 20 Apr 2013
at 19:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice comes out of his quarters and nods toward the bridge at Kaara, then turns and heads that direction.

"Want to put odds on whether he bought it or not?" he asks nonchalantly.  "I feel like we could have rehearsed more..."

He throws her a sarcastic sideways glance.
Arbiter
 GM, 1974 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 02:17
Re: 6: Reunions
If Zone noticed Roice's little dig, she didn't give it away as the pair headed for the bridge.

"Patching through," Chatterbox says as soon as Roice sets foot on the bridge.

"Mr. Delfinn, Kaara," Loobagga the Hutt's voice filters over the speaker.  "I received the bounty hunter's reply a short while ago.  Brief, to the point, a simple text transmission," the Hutt chuckles, "'Message received.  Awaiting confirmation.' Not one to mince words, is he?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 752 posts
Tue 23 Apr 2013
at 15:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice nods, and toggles the ships' intercom.  "All hands, ready for launch.  C-Box, start a nav linkup."

He scratches his chin.  "Mister Loobagga, what is your honest opinion of our charade?  You think Kol bought it?"
Loogie the Hutt
 NPC, 35 posts
 Business is my business
Tue 23 Apr 2013
at 16:48
Re: 6: Reunions
"Of course he didn't," the Hutt replies.  "He's a professional bounty hunter.  He makes a living tracking down criminals, thugs, and liars of every kind.  If he took Kaara at her word, he's far too big a fool to have risen to the prominence he's at now.  Even if he believes Kaara's intentions are legitimate--and, honestly, could you have hammed that up any more, woman?  It was like watching a bad holo-drama--there's no way he won't be laying a trap to counter the trap you're laying to counter the trap he's laying... well, you see where I'm going with this?

"In my opinion, your best bet is to continue with your plan and hope that after you've recovered my people you have enough muscle and guns to simply overwhelm Kol and get what you want.  Even if Splynn isn't there when you meet him--he's no fool, as I've said--he's not going to risk his own life over a bounty.  Capture Kol and he'll give you what you want, I guarantee it."
Arbiter
 GM, 1979 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 14:51
Re: 6: Reunions
In short order, the crew is ready to go.  New hire Atallo joins you from the Kaadu.  Y'tes opts to stay behind, muttering something about having seen the crew quarters on the Tracker and not wanting to sleep in a closet.  He agrees to stand guard over the three ships being left behind.

Zone also comes along, saying she wants to be there when you find the missing crew so she can yell at them for screwing up her deal.


SPECIAL EDITION EDIT:
The crew button up the Sun Tracker, Kaadu, and Jai'galaar and prepare for launch.  Y'tes stays behind with the Clear Skies to stand guard and keep the R5 unit from breaking anything.

Zone also comes along, saying she wants to be there when you find the missing crew so she can yell at them for screwing up her deal.

OOC: Thank you, Roice for reminding me you wanted to take more than 1 ship!
I'm assuming Haskel and Atallo are on the Kaadu; A'den is on the Jai; and Roice, Selous, and Bulyip are on the Tracker?

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:36, Fri 26 Apr 2013.

Atallo Danya
 player, 19 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 18:07
Re: 6: Reunions
  Before the tour started in earnest he asked, "How do you pilot this ship, run shields and weapons all on your own? Hopefully I won't have co-pilot duties. Outside of basic speeder piloting, I have very little skill in piloting anything else. I know how to get the auto-pilot set, and engage the hyperdrive. Anything else you need me to do, I'll have to get some training."

  The Sakiyan tech walked around on the tour of Kaadu and took mental notes of everything that he saw. Afterwards he commented. "This is quite the old ship, but whoever did your refurb was very skilled. It also appears the ship has gone through some turbulent times, I can tell I'll have plenty of systems to work on sooner than later."
Garret Haskel
 player, 850 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 23:12
Re: 6: Reunions
"She still needs a lot of work, but yes the mechanic who did the refurb was very good. Anyway this ship doesn't do much fighting; the Jai'galaar and Sun Tracker handle that. If there is any fighting I'll be hanging back as this ship is the only one with functional medical facilities. Let's head to the bridge and I'll teach what I can with what time we have available."

Garret heads to the bridge and gets the ship ready for immediate departure. He gets back on the coms with the Tracker and Jai'galaar.

"Kaadu, ready for departure."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 753 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 23:17
Re: 6: Reunions
"Copy, Kaadu, proceed to waypoint one and await nav linkup.  Jai, at your leisure."

He toggles the Tracker intercom.  "Everybody buckled up?"
Harry Selous
 player, 659 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 22:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry snored, accidentally inhaled spittle, hacked up a lung, rolled on to one side, then went back to snoring, all without waking up. The gundark's revenge had really done a number on him.
Garret Haskel
 player, 851 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 23:36
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret called up the waypoint on his navicomputer and piloted his ship out of the station; after informing and receiving clearance.

Once at the waypoint he would wait, and keep an eye on the sensors so that no one could easily sneak up on him.
Bulyip
 player, 223 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 19:37
Re: 6: Reunions
Still cosied up in his spot underneath the ramp stairs, Bulyip is enjoying his little story he's making up and using his hands like hand puppets. Moving his fingers and thumbs as mouth as he mimics all the positions in his story. In the end, the Aleena Captain saves the princess from the bad emperor.
Arbiter
 GM, 1981 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 13:52
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 129 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 14:09
Re: 6: Reunions
A'den goes through clearances and lifts off.

"Jai away. See you at the checkpoint."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 754 posts
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 16:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice clears the Tracker with control and throttles out to the departure point.

"C-Box, send those coordinates to Haskel and A'den.  Q7, crunch the jump to R'alla, please."

He opens a com to the others.  "Lock these in coordinates."

He turns to Q7.  "What kind of time are we looking at with the Kaadu's class 2?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 47 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 17:40
Re: 6: Reunions
"Three days, give or take," the droid replies, sitting himself down in the copilot seat.  "We'd get there in a day and a half, of course, if we didn't have to wait on Haskel..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 755 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 00:48
Re: 6: Reunions
"Yeah, but the Kaadu's long-range scanners will hopefully make this easy."  He nods to the navicomputer.  "Let's fire it up."

He leans back in the captain's chair.  "You know, this is the first time in I don't know how long that I've made a leisurely jump to hyperspace...  I'm too used to us blasting out or taking untrackable microjumps."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 39 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 03:01
Re: 6: Reunions
"And let me personally thank you for not blasting your way out of Farside," Kaara responds in a mildly mocking tone as she steps into the cockpit.  "I'd like to actually return to my apartment when this is all over.  Also, it's not wise to throw stones at a Tarsian Firewasp nest.  You've got every cutthroat pirate, blood-soaked mercenary, ruthless bounty hunter, and psychopathic killer within a hundred star systems holing up in that rock." She sighs a bit wistfully and plunks down in one of the passenger seats.  "I kinda miss it already..."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 48 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 03:03
Re: 6: Reunions
"On it..." Q7 replies to Roice.  But instead of crossing over to the navicomp, he swivels his beaky head around on its scrawny neck and shouts, "HEY!  YOUR CAPTAINSHIP!  YOU WANNA PUNCH THE HYPERSPACE BUTTON?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 756 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 03:37
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice shrugs and says, "Uh, sure."  He opens the comm again and says, "See you in three days, boys."  He spins his chair around and stands to go push the motivator throttle.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:40, Tue 30 Apr 2013.

Garret Haskel
 player, 856 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 07:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret's ship enters hyperspace shortly after the Tracker does.
Bulyip
 player, 224 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 1 May 2013
at 21:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Pm
Arbiter
 GM, 1987 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 2 May 2013
at 02:02
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Bulyip
 player, 225 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 2 May 2013
at 02:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Opening the box up, and finding his cherished purchase, the blue skinned reptilian quickly pulls it out, and runs with it excitedly towards the bridge. Not having heard the call from Q7, the Aleena makes his way to the navigation seat, and tries to keep his grin from being too big, but he's pretty proud as he brings and sets down the new booster seat he just purchased.

Placing it on the current ship's seating, Bulyip quickly climbs into the booster, and takes a little extra effort at pretending to touch various buttons, and acts like he's so pleased at how much less effort it is for him to reach the buttons, again, and again, and again.

And then finally noticing Kaara, Bulyip stops to give a confused look, looking to Roice, and then back to Karra, as he says, "Hubba hubba. Did we kidnap a Princess? Who are you?"
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 40 posts
Thu 2 May 2013
at 06:50
Re: 6: Reunions
Zone rolls her eyes and makes an annoyed "tchk" noise.  "Delfinn, are you going to push the hyperspace button or not?"

(Bulyip's sudden entrance has blocked Roice from accessing the nav controls)
Harry Selous
 player, 662 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 2 May 2013
at 10:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous, while napping in the lounge, has slowly been sliding further and further down the chair. At this point, his legs are straight out in front, his rear hangs off the front of the seat, his back runs along the seat itself, and his head and neck are pressed up against the back of the chair. This new position does nothing to muffle the sounds of his snoring.
Bulyip
 player, 226 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 2 May 2013
at 14:12
Re: 6: Reunions
"Tchk? That's a pretty unusual name. You know Metzz? he asks, thinking the names are similarly strange. But the mention of hyperspace makes Bulyip realize he is set up to push the button. He asks, "Can I press the button? Watch this!" He's pretty excited and goes to great effort to make it look casual and easy to press the button sequence if given the go ahead.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 757 posts
Thu 2 May 2013
at 19:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice rolls his eyes and reaches over Bulyip to activate the motivators.

"It's not a button," he says haughtily, "it's a throttle."
Arbiter
 GM, 1988 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 3 May 2013
at 12:43
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip stumbles and falls against the navicomp as Roice reaches over him, the little Aleena's head whacking into the motivator switch.

With a lurch, the Sun Tracker rockets to lightspeed and into hyperspace, the Kaadu and Jai'galaar following soon after.

OOC: Okay, I'm calling this the end of part 1.  Will be handing out CP soon.  I'm not closing the thread, but nothing of any substance will be going on while I'm prepping part 2.  On the plus side, you've got 3 days to spend improving skills and what-not. :)
Atallo Danya
 player, 20 posts
Mon 6 May 2013
at 17:44
Re: 6: Reunions
 Atallo strapped himself in next to Garrett as the ship prepared to launch. He watched in wonder as the stars were stretched across the viewscreen, that sight still gives him a sense of profound wonder at the vastness of the galaxy.

 Once in hyperspace, he spoke up once again. He asked before, but never got a response. Once again wondering if humans have trouble answering more than one question at a time. He'll just keep the question simple, though he wanted to ask many things. "Where are we headed, or is that classified?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 857 posts
Tue 7 May 2013
at 16:05
Re: 6: Reunions
"First we are going to pick up an old friend of ours and her crew that got themselves into some trouble, then we are going to free our employer from some bounty hunter scum. The actual planets we are going to don't interest me much. Is there anything you want to learn while we are in hyperspace?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 21 posts
Tue 7 May 2013
at 16:32
Re: 6: Reunions
quote:
"Is there anything you want to learn while we are in hyperspace?"


  The Sakiyan tapped a sharp green finger against his chin as he thought about the question. "I believe the greatest assistance to you would be running the ship sensors or perhaps shields. But I am willing to learn any skill that you deem would most benefit the operation of this ship."
Garret Haskel
 player, 858 posts
Wed 8 May 2013
at 03:42
Re: 6: Reunions
"I'll teach what I can about sensor use, but I'm not the best at it. If time permits, I would like to go through all the systems on this ship that draw power, and see what is not necessary to power while we are in combat."
Arbiter
 GM, 1996 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 May 2013
at 13:03
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Okay, mind refreshed, batteries recharged, back to the action! (well, "action"...)

Everyone earns 5 CP.  You have 3 days in-transit to improve skills or train before arriving in the R'alla system.

Expect a plot-advancing post later today.

Atallo Danya
 player, 22 posts
Mon 13 May 2013
at 13:50
Re: 6: Reunions
  The green skinned humanoid nodded his large head. "As you wish Captain, I am always eager to learn new things, one can never obtain enough knowledge in this vast galaxy."
Garret Haskel
 player, 859 posts
Tue 14 May 2013
at 14:26
Re: 6: Reunions
"Sensors then, and shields. This ship is too clumsy to pull of maneuvers quickly enough to be worth the effort, so piloting is pretty much limited to 'not crashing into anything' like planets or space stations.

OOC: Training Atallo for sensors and shields.

Will also self train for combat (all specializations, knife combat, and knife melee parry) if possible and time permits.

Metzz
 player, 132 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 14 May 2013
at 17:28
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz spends much of his time on the Comm's bay, building his new toy - a Hush 98 Communicator clone.
The Captain also spends alot of time on the Bridge with the two of them often alone together.
Arbiter
 GM, 2001 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 15 May 2013
at 15:40
Re: 6: Reunions
What follows is a typical, boring trip in hyperspace.  The group takes the time to rest up, brush up on some skills and--in the case of Selous--get over the worst hangover in human history.

On the third day Chatterbox announces that the ships have arrived at the R'alla system and that Q7 will be bringing the Tracker out of hyperspace on the edge of the system.  According to common smuggler knowledge, it's dangerous to just pop in on R'alla unannounced.  It's a heavily patrolled system that's home to a key media center in the Corporate Sector.

Not to mention that the highly-prized R'alla mineral water is a valuable commodity.

Fortunately, the droids have made this run a few times under Veran and know where the rabbit holes are.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 90 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 15 May 2013
at 15:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Normally," Chatterbox explains, "We'd want to either have a bribe handy in case we run across a patrol craft or find a patsy to use to draw their attention away from us."

"Ah, the good ol' 'R'alla Bait n' Bail'..." Q7 interjects.  "Now that's some fun, right there!"

"Well, I doubt we'll need to resort to it this time," Chatterbox continues.  "I've taken the liberty of swapping out transponder freqs.  We are now licensed Imperial Courier LV-426, here to pick up a delivery.  Our group also includes a secondary cargo vessel and a licensed bounty hunter hired to defend against pirate attack.  Probably won't hold up under detailed examination, especially since I'm sure the Kaadu and Jai'galaar are on the same watch list as the Sun Tracker.  I'm banking on Kol wanting to keep our identities under wraps for now so no one else will steal his bounty."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 758 posts
Wed 15 May 2013
at 16:24
Re: 6: Reunions
"That's a solid backstory, C-Box," he says, only slightly suspicious.  "One of Veran's SOPs?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 91 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 15 May 2013
at 16:31
Re: 6: Reunions
"My own little twist," Chatterbox replies, smugly.  "Captain Veran usually just bribed his way to R'alla.  But I figured why waste the time?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 24 posts
Wed 15 May 2013
at 17:18
Re: 6: Reunions
 Atallo gazed speculatively as the the lances of white shrouding the Kaadu's transparisteel view port shrunk into small white dots.

  Anxious to find something useful to do he queried, "Anything I need to check on Captain? I can tap into the system's communications networks and find out information on your 'friends', or do you already know where they are?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 860 posts
Wed 15 May 2013
at 17:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret brought the Kaadu out of hyperspace a safe distance from the Tracker, but still close by.

"Let's not do anything that could draw attention to ourselves yet. For now let's use the long range sensors and make sure no one can sneak up on us."

Garret then contacted the Tracker on their secure channel.

"So what's the plan now that we have arrived?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 759 posts
Thu 16 May 2013
at 17:29
Re: 6: Reunions
"Chatterbox, in the future, clear all aliases with me prior to going live with them."

He opens the secure channel to the Kaadu and Jai.  "Short range active for now, Kaadu, but get those long range dishes warmed up.  Jai, start a short patrol sweep around us.  I don't anticipate any issues, but might as well keep up appearances.  C-Box, link our nav displays and call up a system overview.  We need to pick some likely targets."
Atallo Danya
 player, 25 posts
Thu 16 May 2013
at 17:39
Re: 6: Reunions
  Atallo pressed the buttons on the sensors to scan short range active targets.

  He switched the ship to ship comm off, and looked over at the Captain. "How well do you trust the ship's computer on the Tracker. I am an expert in programming and I've never seen a computer or droid take that much initiative. It seems troubling to me, unless you are totally convinced of the nature of his programming is benevolent. Even then, I would not recommend such behavior from a non-sentient."
Garret Haskel
 player, 861 posts
Fri 17 May 2013
at 01:52
Re: 6: Reunions
"Chatterbox? I don't believe his programming is entirely benevolent nor do I fully trust the droid brain. I do trust him more than some of the other crew members on the Tracker. If you're going to worry about a droid, worry about Q7. He's not as nice as Chatterbox and he has a body. Both droids answer to Roice, and he keeps them on a short leash."

Garret doesn't interfere with Atallo's work with the sensors, but he does watch it all the same. Garret turned the comms back on, but muted the mic.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:54, Fri 17 May 2013.

Chatterbox
 NPC, 92 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 17 May 2013
at 13:36
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice Delfinn:
"Chatterbox, in the future, clear all aliases with me prior to going live with them."

He opens the secure channel to the Kaadu and Jai.  "Short range active for now, Kaadu, but get those long range dishes warmed up.  Jai, start a short patrol sweep around us.  I don't anticipate any issues, but might as well keep up appearances.  C-Box, link our nav displays and call up a system overview.  We need to pick some likely targets."

"Sorry, Captain," Chatterbox says, not sounding very chastened, "just trying to help."

A short pause and then, "Linked with the Jai'galaar.  Waiting for authorization from the Kaadu to establish connection.  Wouldn't want to do anything without permission, after all.  That would be rude."
Garret Haskel
 player, 862 posts
Fri 17 May 2013
at 13:50
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret authorized the connection Cbox was requesting while he prepared for a long range sensor scan.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 93 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 17 May 2013
at 14:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Chatterbox connects the sensor information from all three ships and overlays system information from the navicomp for good measure.

After a few minutes of collating data, he comes back with a map of the surrounding space.

"Sorry this isn't more detailed," he says as preamble, "But I'm trying to keep from blaring sensor sweeps all across the sector and alerting every patrol craft within a parsec to our location.

"The R'alla system is fairly standard.  Seven planets.  Four of them terrestrial, the other three various flavors of gas giants.  Only R'alla, the third planet out from this system's primary, is habitable.  The others are either barren rocks or balls of gas.  Of course, this being the Corporate Sector, every chunk of rock with any useful materials is in the process of being strip-mined down to the core.

"That's what makes a Rapids Run so risky: there's a lot of traffic out here.  Not only is the core world, R'alla, a fairly busy media center, but there are mining vessels, prospectors, patrol craft, etc. all buzzing around out here."

As he speaks, the map shifts to illustrate the areas he's referencing.  A series of red dots buzz around the map, labels marking them as ships that have been picked up in passive scans.

"Oh, and smugglers.  So many smugglers.  Most of them are here for the mineral water, of course.  But the mining operations are a big draw for those looking to score raw materials for buyers as well.  A good 75% of the dopes who try to sneak into this system get chased off by patrols or shot out of the sky if they're stupid enough to try and fight their way through.  You either need to be extremely lucky or very, very clever to get to R'alla unscathed.

"Or, y'know, have a sweet bribe ready to give any ship that intercepts you.  After all, Corporate Sector..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 760 posts
Fri 17 May 2013
at 21:52
Re: 6: Reunions
"Is R'alla highly populated?  I'm wondering how a crashed light freighter would go unnoticed there.  If they went down on the core planet, you'd think they'd be able to at least find their way back to some sort of civilization."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 94 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 17 May 2013
at 22:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"That's sort of what I'm getting at, Captain," Chatterbox replies.  Amazingly he doesn't use a tone suggesting he's talking to a small, rather slow child.  "This whole system is so busy and populated--Oh, and R'alla has about a billion inhabitants, they leave the planet mostly fallow so they can shoot commercials and tri-vids there--that there's basically no way a ship could go down anywhere around here.  I'm sorry, but statistically speaking, if it hasn't made the evening news around here--and believe me, I've checked--then they're probably not here."

The droid brain muses for a second, then continues, "Didn't Ms. Zone mention something about a bolt hole that her captain friend would run to if there as trouble?"

"Wasn't me, it was Loogie," Kaara replies.  "But, yeah, Munb usually runs home if things go sour so he can lick his wounds--if you'll pardon the disturbing imagery."  She holds up a datapad, "I have the coords right here, it's a little backwater Sullustan colony world.  Probably would've called if he'd actually made it--Munb isn't the type to take the credits and run, especially with a crewful of goons hired by the people you're splitting the profits with--which means he probably didn't get there.  But," she shrugs, "It's the only concrete thing I can think to contribute."
Harry Selous
 player, 663 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 17 May 2013
at 22:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry stumbled on to the bridge, hand pressed against his temple, eyes barely open.

"Poodoo that drink was a killer." He mumbles as he shuffles over to a seat, "What about any reports from when they were supposed to get here? Any notices about thefts, or violence around that time period? Would be nice to at least figure out if they made it here."
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 41 posts
Fri 17 May 2013
at 22:38
Re: 6: Reunions
"They were supposed to get here about a week ago," Zone replies.

"Cross-referencing," Chatterbox says.  "Hmm...  No, nothing out of the ord-- Oh...!" The droid's voice turns into a little shocked squeak.
Harry Selous
 player, 664 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 17 May 2013
at 23:42
Re: 6: Reunions
"Oh, good. Let me guess. They're in the private jail of the owner of this whole system, because they shot his son in the back, while simultaneously crashing his favorite swoop in to a lake." Harry mumbled at the sound Chatterbox had made.
Garret Haskel
 player, 863 posts
Sat 18 May 2013
at 04:26
Re: 6: Reunions
"I think things are about to get complicated.....again.

Garret activated the mic.

"Well let's hear it Chatterbox. What kind of trouble are we getting into this time?" Garret asked; clearly resigned to adding another planet to the list of planets he never again could go anywhere near.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 761 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 14:39
Re: 6: Reunions
"C-Box...?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 95 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 20 May 2013
at 14:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"Err, we should probably go..." Chatterbox replies.  "I just got telemetry back from the Kaadu's scan and there's a patrol ship inbound.  Quickly inbound.  As in 'headed right for us'.  I guess this spot isn't as secluded as we remember it being, Q7."

Chatterbox pauses briefly, "Receiving a hail.  Patching it through.  You guys are going to want to hear this."

The comm crackles briefly, then an authoritarian voice barks, "-- is the ISD Barricade ordering the three ships at [insert your coordinates here] to stand down and prepare for a boarding inspection.  Your transponders have been registered and any attempt to flee will be considered a crime against the Empire.  Repeat, this is the ISD Barricade ordering--"

"Orders, Captain?" Chatterbox says nervously after he cuts the speaker.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 762 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 15:13
Re: 6: Reunions
"Vector and time to intercept?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 96 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 20 May 2013
at 15:21
Re: 6: Reunions
"How does 'Heading right for us' and 'Soon enough that I wouldn't start reading a novel' sound?"

OOC: You guys need to quickly decide whether you're going to try and bluff your way through an Imperial inspection (yes, I said Imperial, not Corporate Sector) or if you're going to make a run for it.

And before anyone asks, no you didn't miss anything or fail to do anything.  This ship could only have been this close if it were already in the area and pointed in your direction.

Garret Haskel
 player, 864 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 16:22
Re: 6: Reunions
"Exact time to intercept in actual units of time measurement, and what are we going to do about the imps?"

Garret cut the mic, but left the connection open so he could hear Cbox and Roice.

"Stay calm, but be ready to raise shields."
Atallo Danya
 player, 26 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 16:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret Haskel:
"Stay calm, but be ready to raise shields."

  The Sakiyan's eyes bulged at the mention of the Empire. "But, this is the Corporate Sector's Authorities jurisdiction.." He stated in a daze.

  He shook off the thought and concentrated on his training. He selected the forward shields, and adjusted the weighted ratio, but didn't transfer power yet, as commanded. "Shields standing by." Atallo announced, his voice a bit shaky.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 763 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 17:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice scowls.

"Metzz," he barks and points to the console, "sensor sweep, full search mode--vector and time to intercept.  Jai and Kaadu, point your noses home and start crunching numbers to leave on my order."
Garret Haskel
 player, 865 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 17:24
Re: 6: Reunions

This message was deleted by the player at 03:02, Tue 21 May 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 2007 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 20 May 2013
at 17:55
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Just FYI, Chatterbox isn't required to do a sensor sweep and all the ships have their own independent sensor gear.  So, if anyone feels like running an independent sweep of their own to confirm Chatterbox's readings, by all means do.
Bulyip
 player, 228 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 20 May 2013
at 20:00
Re: 6: Reunions
Wondering why everyone is getting their knickers in a bunch, Bulyip offers, "The Empire not want me, only Hutts have bounty on Bulyip. What the worse that can happen?"

The small Aleena sits back in his booster seat at the helm. But looks around, seeing if anyone pipes up that there is a bounty of them from the Empire.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:01, Mon 20 May 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 665 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 May 2013
at 20:03
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry perked up now that something interesting was happening.

"Do they have any back up? At this point, I wouldn't mind letting them dock and just fighting my way to their bridge." He paused, "I've still got some grenades to if it comes down to it."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:26, Tue 21 May 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 2008 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 20 May 2013
at 20:56
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry perked up now that something interesting was happening.

"What class of ship is it, and do they have any back up? At this point, I wouldn't mind letting them dock and just fighting my way to their bridge." He paused, "unless it's a star destroyer, in which case we should really leave."

OOC: It's a Star Destroyer.

The hail announced the ship as the "ISD Barricade".  While some Victory-class sometimes go by the designation ISD (as opposed to VSD), it's usually only applied to Imperial-I and Imperial-II class Star Destroyers.

I'm mentioning this because it's fairly common knowledge amongst spacers, so you'd all be aware of what's headed your way.

Bulyip
 player, 229 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 21 May 2013
at 00:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
"I've still got some grenades to if it comes down to it."

Shaking his head furiously side to side, Bulyip quickly says, "NO GRENADES! Last time Bulyip stuck on ship forever. Boring!"

He starts breathing hard, worried Harry is going to go through with it anyway. The thought of being cooped up on this ship for so long again has him worried.
Garret Haskel
 player, 868 posts
Tue 21 May 2013
at 03:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret turned the ship and brought up the coordinates for the system they had just left on the navicomputer; preparing the ship to jump the moment the order is given. Garret noticed Atallo was getting nervous.

"Relax Atallo. We'll be fine. We aren't sticking around with that Star Destroyer coming."

Garret turned his mic back on.

"I'm not sticking around with a Star Destroyer coming to capture; or in my case kill; us all."

Garret will leave the channel open until the ship enters hyperspace; which will happen once the navicomputer's work is done.

<orange>
OOC: 13:24, Mon 20 May 2013: Garret Haskel rolled 7 using 4d6+1 ((2,2,1,1)).
Consider this my post edit.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:12, Tue 21 May 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 2009 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 21 May 2013
at 13:25
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Haskel: Is that an astrogation roll?
Garret Haskel
 player, 869 posts
Tue 21 May 2013
at 13:28
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Yes, an old one. Just in case.
Metzz
 player, 133 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Thu 23 May 2013
at 21:19
Re: 6: Reunions
- GM Post -

Roice Delfinn:
Roice scowls.

"Metzz," he barks and points to the console, "sensor sweep, full search mode--vector and time to intercept.  Jai and Kaadu, point your noses home and start crunching numbers to leave on my order."

Metzz works quickly, scanning the surrounding space with the Tracker's sensors.

"Confirmed, Captain, one Imperial Star Destroyer closing fast.  At current speed, approximately 2 minutes to intercept.  Umm..." he checks the screen again, "Approach vector 4?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 97 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 23 May 2013
at 21:21
Re: 6: Reunions
"Like I said!" Chatterbox exclaims, indignantly.  "Do you really need a bunch of technical numbers to know that it's time to leave!?!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 871 posts
Fri 24 May 2013
at 02:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Garret pulled back on the lever to jump his ship into hyperspace. He also cut the com channel to the Tracker.

For him, there was nothing left to say. The others would either leave; or not.
Harry Selous
 player, 667 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 24 May 2013
at 04:52
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry began grabbing his weaponry and suiting up in his new body armor. He also got chomper up and out of the cabin he'd been tied in and sat in the lounge, leash in one hand, Bola's blaster in the other, and his fancy new rifle leaning against the chair beside him. Either the ship would jump, or a lot of imperial storm troopers would need medical attention in the next ten minutes.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 764 posts
Fri 24 May 2013
at 14:29
Re: 6: Reunions
"What the..."  Roice violently shrugs as the Kaadu hypers out.  "What happened to 'on my order', Garret?"

He sighs.  "Jai, go ahead, ten second microjump and standby for orders."

He slumps down in the captain's chair.  "Well this has been a colossal waste of time.  Shields full astern."  He throttles the sublight engines up to full speed and puts the Tracker into a loop, pointing away from the ISD.

"Metzz, if you worked quickly, how long would it take to reconnect those couplers you disabled earlier?"
Metzz
 player, 134 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Mon 27 May 2013
at 18:06
Re: 6: Reunions
"It's not gonna be quick Captain."

19:03, Today: Metzz rolled 15 using 3d6+2 with rolls of 5,6,2. Comms Engineering.  How long will it take GM?
Garret Haskel
 player, 874 posts
Tue 28 May 2013
at 00:48
Re: 6: Reunions
Safely in hyperspace Garret turns Atallo.

"You alright?"
Atallo Danya
 player, 27 posts
Tue 28 May 2013
at 01:32
Re: 6: Reunions
  The Sakiyan was unusually quiet during the escape, and just sat back in reflection. He was startled at the question as if coming out of a revery.

  "Yes. I am well. I just am reflecting on things. I left my family, friends and my people because I wanted to get away from the Empire. Now, all is for naught. They are here in the Corporate Sector." He made a burbling sound, which was probably some kind of sigh.
Garret Haskel
 player, 875 posts
Tue 28 May 2013
at 01:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"I'm glad you're all right. The Empire isn't every where, and it is possible to get away from them. There are people fighting them, and there has to be places where the Empire does not dare to go."
A'den Nuhaatyc
 player, 130 posts
 I'm a bit busy right now
Tue 28 May 2013
at 19:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Got it.....jumping now."
Arbiter
 GM, 2017 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 28 May 2013
at 20:57
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Metzz: Now that you know what wires go where, it won't take longer than about 5 minutes to hook everything back up.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 765 posts
Wed 29 May 2013
at 02:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Go do it!"

He glances at the navicomp readout and adjusts the yaw trim.  "Q7, ten second burst!"

He throttles up to full and says, "Ready, and, go!"

He punches the motivator.
Arbiter
 GM, 2018 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 29 May 2013
at 13:22
Re: 6: Reunions
The Kaadu already long-gone on a pre-set 3-day trip back to Farside station, the other two ships wheel about and make a run for it.  And not a moment too soon, as the looming bulk of an Imperial Star Destroyer moves into view.

The Jai and Tracker both launch to lightspeed as the Imperial warship fires a few turbolaser blasts their way.  None of the shots hit, but it's obvious they were meant more as an "AND STAY OUT!" message than an actual attack.

Ten seconds later, the two freighters drop back to normal space, far out from the R'alla system in deep space.

"Mini-jump complete," Q7 reports.  "If the Imps really want to chase us, though, it won't take long for a Star Destroyer to sniff us out."  He wheels the Tracker about, the R'alla system's primary becoming visible as a larger point of light amidst the rest of the celestial backdrop.  "We're not that far away."

"Did you see the readings on that thing?" Chatterbox interjects, a note of panic in his voice.  "That wasn't some broken down, surplus Victory Class, or an old Imperial-I.  That was a brand new Imperial-II ship of the line!  The Empire is sending real warships out to the boondocks!?!  What's up with that!?!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 766 posts
Wed 29 May 2013
at 14:42
Re: 6: Reunions
"We're going to find out.  Jai, clear the lane and stand by for new coordinates."  He hops up and goes over to the navicomp.

"Q7, plot a vector that will take us out at a tangent to the system.  He points to a random spot on the map.

"And land us at about a 30 minute jump back to the outskirts of R'alla."  He traces a sawtooth-shaped path away from the system from their current position, and back toward it.

He looks at Kaara.  "I want to try something."

He toggles the intercom.  "Metzz, shout when the antenna is back online.  And make it snappy, they may or may not be following us."
Harry Selous
 player, 670 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 29 May 2013
at 22:08
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry sagged ever so slightly when he felt the ship jump to hyperspace, then stood from the lounge and headed back toward the bunk to tie up Chomper and unload his gear again.
Atallo Danya
 player, 28 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 14:39
Re: 6: Reunions
 Once safely in hyperspace, Atallo relaxed a bit more leaning back into the co-pilot's seat. He turned to the captain. "Well, that was obviously not in the plans. What now? Are we headed back to Farside station? How do we get in contact with the other ships, if they even made it out before the Imperials snared them?
Garret Haskel
 player, 878 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 15:22
Re: 6: Reunions
"Now we need to find a nice place to lay low, and no running into an ISD was not part of the plan. Fort the time being, Roice and the others will have an easier time snooping about without this ship slowing them down.

Anyway, here is a project I've been wanting to start."


Garret brought up an image of the Scurrg H-6 prototype bomber.

"This ship was designed by Nubian for Naboo. Only the government in power decided not to purchase any, and the only prototype was pirated. I want to find this ship, and claim it. I don't know where to start looking though, nor do I have the skills to track ships through computer databases."
Atallo Danya
 player, 29 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 15:54
Re: 6: Reunions
  The Sakiyan titled his bulbous head as he examined the ship displayed with an appraising gaze. "An interesting looking ship. I would imagine that I need to tap into a pretty extensive database in order to find references to where one of those might be found. A worthy challenge."

  "Do you know of the best place to go that might have such a database? If not, I'll just have to do some research. Does your ship's computer contain detailed information of planets within the Corporate Sector?"

Garret Haskel
 player, 879 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 16:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"I haven't gone through the computer systems to see what data is there. Start with Nubian Design Collective's database. They will have records of the ship and maybe even who pirated it."
Atallo Danya
 player, 30 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 16:44
Re: 6: Reunions
  The green skinned humanoid turned and began accessing data on the computer terminal. "Let's see what information we can find here about your Scurrg prototype."

<orange>OOC: Atallo will create a complex query searching for references to Scurrg and thefts of prototype ships. Cross referencing all the databases the ship has access to.

11:41, Today: Atallo Danya rolled 29 using 6d6+1 with rolls of 6,2,5,6,4,5. computer programming/slicing.
Arbiter
 GM, 2026 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 Jun 2013
at 13:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz gets the antenna reconnected well within the five-minute window he calculated.  A quick diagnostic by Chatterbox--confirmed by Metzz--shows the hypercomm transceiver once again functioning at 100%.

While Metzz is busy reconnecting wires in the comm system, Chatterbox says to Roice, "Captain?  Do you have time for a private word?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 767 posts
Mon 3 Jun 2013
at 14:33
Re: 6: Reunions
"Eventually, yes."

He slides back over to the pilot's chair.  "Metzz, keep monitoring, as we discussed.  Q7, that vector ready?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 49 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 3 Jun 2013
at 15:19
Re: 6: Reunions
"Roger roger!" Q7 replies, followed by a muttered, "dammit!"

"Just say when and I'll hit the button, Cap'n."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 768 posts
Mon 3 Jun 2013
at 15:48
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright."  He sits back and his eyes dart back and forth for a few seconds as he takes a mental tally.

"Q7, flush that astronav buffer and re-enter the coordinates exactly as before.  Chatterbox, send those coordinates over to the Jai."

He turns and gives Metzz a meaningful look, nodding nonchalantly at the console with the hypercomm.
Metzz
 player, 136 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 19:43
Re: 6: Reunions
Metzz dutifully monitored the Hypercom frequencies...

20:41, Today: Metzz rolled 30 using 8d6+2 with rolls of 1,2,6,5,4,3,2,5. Comms.
Arbiter
 GM, 2031 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 Jun 2013
at 19:10
Re: 6: Reunions
Q7 sends the Tracker on another short hop, the Jai following right behind.

The ships pop out of hyperspace, the Verpine tech listening intently with both his ears and his antennae to the hypercomm signal.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 769 posts
Wed 5 Jun 2013
at 19:19
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright, crunch from here back to the edge of the R'alla system."

He does some datapad calculations on what the ISD's travel time from the Tracker's previous point to the upcoming point would be.

14:18, Wed 05 June 2013: Roice Delfinn rolled 8 using 3d6 ((3,4,1)).
Arbiter
 GM, 2033 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 Jun 2013
at 19:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Gamma waves in this sector of space create marginal navigation probabilities, however...

Anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour is about the best you can narrow it down to.

OOC: Free CP to anyone who can spot the reference.  No fair using Google!
Roice Delfinn
 player, 770 posts
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 19:59
Re: 6: Reunions
(OOC: Fine I'll claim it, I was going to let someone else have it, but since nobody jumped: tfwiki.net/wiki/Perceptor_(G1))

"Alright, stand down, we're going to give it 30 minutes.  Q7, go ahead and calculate the jump from here, load it up and send it over to the Jai.  Active scanners to full, and be ready to jump at a moment's notice if anything hypers into our neighborhood from any vector."
Arbiter
 GM, 2040 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 12:37
Re: 6: Reunions
What follows is 30 very tense minutes of staring intently at sensor readouts, waiting for even the slightest hint of something appearing on the screen.

But, after the allotted time has expired, no ship has shown itself.

OOC: +1CP to Roice for being a fellow TF nerd. ;)
Roice Delfinn
 player, 771 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 14:54
Re: 6: Reunions
"Battlestations."

He straps himself into the seat and motions for Q7 to energize the motivators.

"At your leisure, Jai.  Be ready for anything, and rendezvous back home if we get separated."

He pushes the throttles up.
Arbiter
 GM, 2041 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 15:08
Re: 6: Reunions
The Tracker zips to lightspeed and into hyperspace, the Jai right behind.

Selous mans one of the turrets (dorsal, ventral, you pick), ready for anything when the ship pops back out into realspace.


Both ships arrive back on the fringe of the R'alla system, but in a different location than last time.

Chatterbox pops up a map of the local area visible on passive scanning.  Several angry red dots are uncomfortably close to the green ones indicating the Tracker and Jai.  "Captain, I'd recommend either running very quietly or very loudly.  Those patrol ships are close enough to see the whites of your eyes, so to speak."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 772 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 15:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice grips the control surface angrily, his knuckles going white.

He barks out orders quickly.  "Shields up, ready to screen as we come about--Q7, plot us a course out of here, any direction, 15 second burst, and forward it to A'den--Turret, fire freely--and everybody hold on!"

He puts the Tracker into a tight curve, trying to vector away from the closest patrol ships.

(OOC: Are they ISDs?)

This message was last edited by the player at 15:19, Fri 07 June 2013.

Arbiter
 GM, 2042 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 15:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice wheels the Tracker around, A'den sticking close by in the Jai.  The sudden movement seems to attract the attention of at least a couple of the patrol craft, as the red dots start to drift in your direction.

Q7 is busy calculating a new micro-jump.  "Cap'n, you need to lay off the hyperdrive!  All these microjumps are going to burn out the motivators!"

OOC: Passive scan doesn't indicate.  You'll have to ping the ships directly to get any idea of what they might be.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 773 posts
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 17:02
Re: 6: Reunions
He continues his 180 away from the picket.  "Slag it, scan them.  What are they?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 98 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 17:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Brief silence, then, "Looks like a Skipray Blastboat and a Firespray-class Interceptor are headed our way to investigate and, Oh!" Chatterbox's voice piques with interest, "A Lancer-class frigate?  That's an awful lot of firepower for system patrol.  But, then, I suppose there's enough traffic in the system to warrant some bigger guns.

"The Skipray's hailing us, Captain.  They pinged us when I pinged them.  Put them through or are we just going to run for it and call it a day?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 774 posts
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 19:24
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice shrugs and says, "Why not?" but doesn't let off the throttle.  "Harry, hold your fire.  C-Box, let's see what they have to say."
Harry Selous
 player, 671 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 19:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, now seated in the turret, sat idly as the ship jumped back and forth between the same sectors. Once again, he had no idea what was going on, or what the plan was.
Arbiter
 GM, 2045 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 19:39
Re: 6: Reunions
"Hey, are you receiving?" an irritated voice crackles over the speaker.  "What the hell?  You're ten thousand klicks off the approach lane and the Impies are looking for any excuse to blow ships out of the water."

There's a brief pause, then the voice says, "Wait, you're a contract courier, right?  I don't need my mouth getting me in trouble with the Impies again..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 775 posts
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 20:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice lets out a sigh of relief and pulls off on the throttle.

He punches over to the secure channel to the Jai.  "Come around and go into a protection posture around me.  Keep scanning for any other incoming ships."

He switches back to the open channel.  "Sorry, you wouldn't believe the morning we've had--we're a little on-edge over here."  Not a lie.
Arbiter
 GM, 2046 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 22:07
Re: 6: Reunions
"Tell me about it," the Skipray pilot grouses.  "I had to press my uniform, stand for inspection, and then wear the damn thing all day because the Impies are in town!  Then they go barging around in those big flying grasser cheese wedges, busting up our patrol routes..." He makes a noise of disgust.

"Anyway, you're off the route.  Ten thousand klicks thataway, all right?  I commed ahead and called off the hounds, so you're free to get back on course."

The sensor screen shows the approaching Firespray turning away.

"You boys watch out.  The Impies have run off most of the usual smugglers and scum that are lurking around here on any given day.  But the ones still hanging about are either tricky, desperate, or both.  Have a nice day."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 776 posts
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 22:38
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice catches him before he signs off.

"Wait--any idea what's got them so riled up?  I want to make sure my boys don't step on any toes if we get pressed."
Arbiter
 GM, 2047 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 Jun 2013
at 22:48
Re: 6: Reunions
"You're kidding, right?" The pilot replies.  "There's a war on, man!  Those damn Rebels have the entire Imperial Navy buzzing like a bunch of mynocks!  Just last week they staged a raid on some Incom lab, stole a bunch of experimental fighters.  It was all over the HoloNet.  Not two days later, cheese wedges start showing up all across the Sector like they own the place.

"My advice," he adds in a conspiratorial tone, "Keep your head down, don't give the Impies an excuse to shoot at you, and they'll be gone once they're done chasing off all these damn Rebels."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 777 posts
Wed 12 Jun 2013
at 14:23
Re: 6: Reunions
"Understood.  Good luck today."  He cuts off the line and throttles up toward their entry lane.

"C-Box, as soon as you've got a clear signal to the system holonet, start scouring for references to our downed ship."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:30, Wed 12 June 2013.

Chatterbox
 NPC, 99 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 12 Jun 2013
at 14:42
Re: 6: Reunions
"On it," he replies.  "Oh, hey!" he exclaims after a moment, "A HuttNet node's not too far from here, either.  That's where the real news will be.  Cross-referencing."

A brief silence as the droid brain does what he does best, acquire information.

"Nope, no mention.  Sorry, guys.  However, we're not the only one who's been shot at by a Star Destroyer lately.  Seems anyone who doesn't come into the system on an approved vector is considered fair game.  The Imperial ships are patrolling some of the more well-known smuggler hotspots--so, umm, yeah, that was my fault, sorry about that--and running off anyone who shows up.  The local patrols are a bit more lenient, more willing to ask before shooting.  And, of course, open to bribery if there's no ISD close enough to notice what's going on.  Actually, from the sound of it, some of these guys are letting unregistered ships slip past them just to spite the Empire.

"If Ms. Zone's friend entered the system using one of his familiar sneaky spots, it's logical to assume that there was an ISD waiting to greet him.  If he were smart--unlike, say, us--he probably would've run at the first sign of trouble.  A holdful of mineral water isn't worth the risk of being caught by the Empire."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 778 posts
Thu 13 Jun 2013
at 18:51
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice shrugs and motions at Kaara.  "Let's load it up."

He kicks in the autopilot at their current heading and checks the sensors again to make sure the patrol ships aren't following.

"We'll go at your word, Q7.  Just long enough for the motivators to cool down."

He goes over to the comm station.  "Anything?" he asks Metzz.
Metzz
 player, 137 posts
 Verpine Engineer
 and best Tech in the CSA
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 12:53
Re: 6: Reunions
- GM Post -

"I'm still getting that static every time we jump," the verpine reports.  When we were doing full-length trips through hyperspace it seemed like normal hypercomm interference.  But I'm noticing the exact same pattern even on microjumps."

"He's right, Captain," Chatterbox adds.  "I can't deny it, this is obviously a signal of some sort."

"Strickland..." the comm tech and droid brain snarl simultaneously.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 780 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 21:19
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright, same as before: physically disable the antenna, but don't try to stop the signal.  Keep recording its output and try to decode it, if it's possible.  Think Imperial rotating cyphers...  If it's some sort of tracking program, then there is probably an encoder code string hidden in some subsystem.  And droids- let's see if we can get a trace on what info it's piggybacking.  If we can figure out a way to somehow spoof the broadcast, even better."

He goes over to the navicomp.  "Next stop...  Where is this exactly?" he asks Kaara.
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 42 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 22:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Zone shrugs, "Some little backwater Sullustan colony world out by the Thandon Nebula," she says.  "I've never been.  But Munb seemed to like the place," she smiled, "The fact that his wife lives there might be one reason."

"I've run the numbers, Cap'n," Q7 interjects.  "It's about a day from here, tops.  We can leave whenever you're ready."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 781 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2013
at 01:31
Re: 6: Reunions
"As soon as the hypercomm antenna is disabled, send the coords over to A'den and let's go."
Arbiter
 GM, 2071 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 Jun 2013
at 12:30
Re: 6: Reunions
Now that Metzz is an old hand in selectively breaking really expensive communications equipment, the antenna is deactivated quickly.

That done, Q7 is clear to jump the Tracker to hyperspace, the Jai following right behind.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 782 posts
Fri 21 Jun 2013
at 14:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice goes to his quarters.
Arbiter
 GM, 2106 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 17:39
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Skipping ahead a bit...

The trip to the Sullustan colony is uneventful.  The ships land at the backwater spaceport and Kaara hires a taxi to take the group out to a small farming town a few kilometers from the port.

You're greeted at the door of a modest pre-fab farmhouse by a short Sullustan man and, after a few words from Kaara find yourselves sitting around the family table.  A Sullustan woman who introduces herself as "Ula Munb" greets the group and explains that Sien Munb is one of her co-husbands (the guy who greeted you earlier being another).  She also says she hasn't heard from him lately.  He was supposed to come home for a while after running a smuggling job--most likely the one Aggie and her group accompanied the him on--but is overdue for a check-in.

Basically, the conversation ends there.  Ula has no ideas of where he might be but seems confident that he's still alive (no explanation why, she just "knows" it).

You all return to the ship, no more reliable information than when you arrived.

"Well, that was a bust..." Zone sums up succinctly.
Harry Selous
 player, 674 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 27 Jul 2013
at 03:35
Re: 6: Reunions
"So," Harry asked, sitting down in a chair, "anything between here and the other place that they might have dropped out and crashed on?"

He began disassembling his new sniper rifle, which he'd decided to call Audrey, "Don't get me wrong, I'm all for floating around at sub-light and checking every planet we come across for traces of twi'lek and sullustan life forms, but at some point it might be easier to just kill the hunter on our own and wait for Agi to pop up somewhere."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 50 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 29 Jul 2013
at 20:22
Re: 6: Reunions
"I've been chatting with the astronav while you guys were busy," Q7 says.  "We're out in the boondocks, even for the Corporate sector," As he speaks, he brings up a holo of the surrounding sector of space.  The starmap is dominated by a glowing cloud labeled 'Thandon Nebula'.  "This nebula is listed as devoid of habitable planets.  But, I suspect that's Corporate Sector doublespeak for 'we found worlds we want to strip mine in here'.  A lot of worlds were listed as 'uninhabitable' or 'lacking intelligent life' when the CSA did its survey to fulfill their petition for autonomy from the Republic.  Typically, this was, like I said, because they wanted to strip them down to their cores for materials, have easy access to slave labor, and build poison-spewing factory worlds without worrying about Galactic environmentalists barking down their exhaust pipes."

The view changes, zooming into the orange cloud to show several points of light.  "Just querying the Holonet, I was able to find a half dozen protostars within spitting distance.  But this," he points to a larger light, a star bearing only a number designation instead of a name, "is what I would say is our likeliest choice.  It's sort of far off the path, but," The view zooms out to show R'alla, the Sullustan colony world, and the nebula.  A green line extends from R'alla to the colony world.  "This is the ship's most likely course.  It wouldn't take much of a miscalculation to throw off the trail," a red line now extends from R'alla, stretching to intersect the nebula, "and send the ship into the nebula.  The star is the only mass shadow in the vicinity big enough to pull a ship out of hyperspace, so, statistically speaking..." the droid shrugs his skeletal metallic shoulders.
Harry Selous
 player, 675 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 5 Aug 2013
at 18:41
Re: 6: Reunions
"Well," Harry mutter, looking around and realizing no one else was on the bridge, "lets go there then. Umm, get to work computers slash droids slash droid brains."
Bulyip
 player, 232 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 7 Aug 2013
at 00:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his elongated head up and down for an affirmative answer, Bulyip offers excitedly, "The Bulyip can find it! Astrogation is one of me special-al-ties. Are you going to let me pilot too? Everyone else away. Big special excitement for everyone when they get up from nap, and we in right spot!"

Bulyip is running for the astrogation seat as soon as he finishes, the one with his booster seat in it. Not waiting for a response from Harry, he starts flipping buttons, and tapping the console to get things going.
Harry Selous
 player, 677 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 7 Aug 2013
at 14:54
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, unsure if bulyip was a good pilot, was pretty sure bulyip was a better pilot than he was, and so say back to let the little alien do the work.
Arbiter
 GM, 2138 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 13 Aug 2013
at 13:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip runs calculations on the navicomp, quickly plotting a course for the designated area inside the nebula.  Since the cloud of gas and protostars is mostly empty space, it's a relatively simple straight shot from the Tracker's present location.

Q7 joins Selous and Bulyip shortly and takes the pilot's seat.  "Looks like everything's set," he says.  "Cap'n's given the go-ahead, so I guess we're off."

The droid hits the throttle and the Tracker rockets into hyperspace.

Once the ship is safely on its way, Q7 gets up and gestures to Selous, "Hey, the Cap'n has an idea he thinks you might like, come on back to the engine room and I'll show you the schematics I'm working on." He looks at the little Aleena.  "You're in charge, uh, 'Captain' Bulyip.  Please don't touch anything."
Harry Selous
 player, 680 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 13 Aug 2013
at 14:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry gave a shrug and store from his seat to follow the droid back to the engine room.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 51 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 13 Aug 2013
at 14:58
Re: 6: Reunions
"So, Chatterbox is in the process of quitting," Q& explains as he walks alongside Selous down the length of the ship.  "That's what has him and the Cap'n so wrapped up right now.  You might have noticed CB's not exactly cut out for combat sensor operation.  Cap'n Delfinn thinks we need a real, live operator at that station, one who can react quickly and with tactical precision.  At the same time, we're short-handed--aren't we always?--and someone's got to man the guns as well."

At the control console in the engine room, a series of wireframe schematics are looping on the main screen.  They depict a grouping of linked monitors all set at what looks like the sensor-op station on the bridge.

"This is a little something I came up with based on available spare parts.  It's crude, and would look better with interactive holodisplays, but we aren't exactly at a repair yard or rolling in credits right now.  So, we make do..."

The droid points at the schematics, "This is the plan for our new Tactical station.  It integrates weapons, shields, and sensors into one station.  Sort of a catch-all, 'oh no, we're being shot at!' thing.  We'll need someone with a good head for fighting to man the station and the Cap'n wants you.  I figured since this would be your station, I'd get your input and set it up as best I can to maximize usability based on your hand-eye coordination, reflexes, ergonomic tolerances, etc.  Whatcha think?"
Harry Selous
 player, 681 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 13 Aug 2013
at 17:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"A fancy seat of my very own huh? And better still, no steering wheel involved." Harry said, looking over the schematics, "sounds like a plan. What do you need from me, and what exactly am I gonna have to practice to run all this stuff?"
Bulyip
 player, 236 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 05:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Liking the droid calling him Cptain, Bulyip raises his scaly lips into a smirk. Giving the droid a wink, he looks out at the star maps, and then sits back and relaxes.
Arbiter
 GM, 2141 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 14 Aug 2013
at 13:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
"A fancy seat of my very own huh? And better still, no steering wheel involved." Harry said, looking over the schematics, "sounds like a plan. What do you need from me, and what exactly am I gonna have to practice to run all this stuff?"

"Tactical is going to combine weapons--I'm linking the dorsal turret and the chin lasers to the station--shield control, and sensors.  So, you'll need to at least be able to push buttons and move a joystick or two.  I plan to constantly tweak the system and add improvements as parts and time are available.  It's not a perfect solution--the Tracker's not a warship--but I think it'll work for our purposes."

OOC: in game terms you'll need to start putting points into Sensors, Starship Shields, and Starship Gunnery to effectively use the station.  As long as you're running on your basic MECH stat to compensate for lacking these skills, all Tactical rolls will be treated as performing multiple actions (so -1D to each roll).

And this will be true for anyone else trying to use the new station.  If you don't have points in all three skills, you'll be -1D to all rolls.

Arbiter
 GM, 2147 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Aug 2013
at 12:45
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Q7 wants to start working on the Tactical station right away.  But the modifications will take a few days, even with him working around the clock.

You'll reach your destination in about 2 days.  So, I leave it up to you guys whether he should begin now or wait until there's less chance of imminent explodings.

With a couple of days at your disposal, you're free to improve skills a bit (per the usual rules).  Might be a good time to get some practice on ship systems?

Harry Selous
 player, 682 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 20 Aug 2013
at 16:31
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC - Well, if him working on it means we can't access those systems if combat happens, then I'd say hold off till we get to s port or something. I'd rather have some defensive capabilities when we get to where we're going then none.
Arbiter
 GM, 2165 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 13 Sep 2013
at 14:38
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Don't worry guys, we'll get back to you soon.  Trying to synch up group 2.
Arbiter
 GM, 2179 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 18 Sep 2013
at 18:59
Re: 6: Reunions
"Hey guys!" Chatterbox's chipper voice pops in over the speaker.  "So, first, let me apologize for waking you all up in the middle of the night.  But it's not like you've had anything worth saving your energy for over the last few days anyway, am I right?"

There's a pause.  "Where was I?  OH!  Right.  So, I've been monitoring standard emergency frequencies while Q7's been piloting us through this system and I think I've got a hit.  It's weak, but it's definitely a standard rescue hailer and--"

Another pause.

"Umm, make that two signals!  Well, well, what a day/night/whatever, huh?  Captain? Q7 is asking if he should start heading in that general direction."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 784 posts
Fri 20 Sep 2013
at 17:17
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice sits up in his bunk.  "What's the nature of the signal?  Er, signals?
Chatterbox
 NPC, 100 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 20 Sep 2013
at 18:28
Re: 6: Reunions
"Emergency rescue beacons on the frequencies commonly used by SoroSuub transmitters," Chatterbox replies.  "We're still too far out for me to be able to tell much more.  But they do seem to be coming from the same rough location and there is a planet--fourth in the system out from the primary--in that direction."
Bulyip
 player, 238 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 21 Sep 2013
at 14:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Waking and stirring from his nest, Bulyip attempted to curl back up into a ball, but the voices continued. It took him a few moments, and then his tired mind could process the words and get that someone needed help.

Jumping out of his nest of scavenged items, and cushions, he starts to make his way to the bridge, but then turns back, remembering his Captain's hat. Grabbing it, and putting on his head, it sits balanced on his long cranium.

After that, he's on the way to the bridge, announcing verbally by a loud yell, "I'm on way, make way for Captain!"

And once he's at the bridge, he'll jump into his favorite chair, saying "Let's go rescue those civilians."
Harry Selous
 player, 684 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 21 Sep 2013
at 16:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, sitting at his new station and cleaning his new rifle while everyone else had been asleep, shrugs at bulyip's entrance and begins prepping himself for operation.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 785 posts
Sat 21 Sep 2013
at 16:49
Re: 6: Reunions
"If we reroute, how long to intercept of the planet at current speed?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 52 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 24 Sep 2013
at 13:11
Re: 6: Reunions
"We had to come out of hyperspace to navigate around this system's mass shadow anyway," Q7 chimes in.  "No wonder the CSA surveyors just gave up and classified this whole nebula as lifeless.  It's like navigating a minefield--except the mines are protostars, asteroid fields, gravitational anomalies, and random chunks of rogue stellar matter.  I'd say a couple of days if we want to conduct a proper triangulated signal survey.  Six or seven hours if you want to take our usual approach of barging straight in and blundering around until we somehow manage to stumble onto what we're looking for."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 786 posts
Tue 24 Sep 2013
at 15:56
Re: 6: Reunions
"No reason to change up the strategy that's worked so well for us in the past.  Reroute, and fire up the long range sensors and the focus dish."
Bulyip
 player, 239 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 02:56
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his head at the suggestion of blundering in,  Bulyip likes the sound of that. He calls out, "Blunder!", adding a fist pump for effect. And immediately he starts looking for the engine firing sequence of buttons. He wants to make sure that their ship will be the first ship to arrive on the scene. If they can get there and offer some help, one more possible friendly never hurts.

"How you teach Bulyip for use ship for ship communications again?" He asks the droid.
Arbiter
 GM, 2188 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 15:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Q7 slaps Bulyips hands away from the engine controls and points to the comm station.  "Since Metzz is in the 'fresher, how about you and Chatterbox monitor the comms?  He can explain what you need to do.  Harry?" the droid swivels his beaky head to where Selous is lounging at this station, "I could use a scan or two.  Err..." Q7 looks at Roice, body language sheepish, "With your permission, Cap'n..."

OOC: "Blunder!" is the perfect catchphrase for Bulyip. :D
Roice Delfinn
 player, 787 posts
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 18:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice nods.  "Might as well."

He adds quietly, "Careful."
Harry Selous
 player, 685 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 05:52
Re: 6: Reunions
"I'll see what I can do, but no promises pal." Harry grunted, sitting up and going about scanning things, a task he had never before attempted. Back when he was hunting big game, droids, computers, or employees did all this technical stuff.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 10 using 2d6+2 ((2,6)).
Bulyip
 player, 240 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 12:51
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his head, the Aleena pops up and moves over to comms, figuring it's another skill that will come in handy.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 101 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 17:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"Hello there, Captain Bulyip!" Chatterbox says cheerily.  "I've taken the liberty of sliding the beacon signals to an alternate channel so you can perform an active scan for any other communications going on in this system.  Now, you're gonna want to push that button.  No.  No, the othe--No, wait!"

Static hisses over the ship's PA, but is quickly squelched.

"Okay, let's try again?  See the button labeled 'active frequency scan'?  Push that and the comm will start scanning through every frequency, listening for intelligent signals.  I'll filter out background noise from the planets and this system's primary.  But you'll need to actually manipulate the scanning range or else the comm system will just start at one end of the spectrum and go to the other.  And we don't have five thousand years to sit around and wait for it to check every possible comm band someone could be using."

OOC: Anyone with any comm skills will recognize that the sophistication of the Tracker's communications scanning is far beyond what you'd expect to find in a common freighter.

Bulyip: Make a MECH roll to try and follow CB's instructions.

Arbiter
 GM, 2191 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 17:29
Re: 6: Reunions
In the meantime, Selous attempts to run a sensor sweep of surrounding space.  Thanks to the practice he's been putting in learning the Tracker's systems, it's not as difficult a task as he fears.

A quick scan returns a massive amount of data--again, for the savvy, more than one would expect from standard ship equipment--most of which goes over Selous' head.  But, the important bit, that there are no ships or hazardous objects in the vicinity or moving on an inbound vector, is easy enough to figure out.
Harry Selous
 player, 686 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 18:14
Re: 6: Reunions
"No incoming vessels." Harry said with a shrug, "what now?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 788 posts
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 20:37
Re: 6: Reunions
"C-Box, open a reply channel matching the distress signal."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 102 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 20:59
Re: 6: Reunions
"I will if you want, Captain," he says, skeptically, "But they're automated signals, standard 'HELP! HELP! HELP!' distress hailers, no voice transmission."

"Let's just land and get this over with," Q7 chimes in.  "Once we get a good lock on the signals, I can triangulate position of the beacons."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 789 posts
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 21:54
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright, take us in, easiest entry window for this approach.  Keep active sensors on full scan.  Harry, might as well take the turret and get us another set of eyes on the horizon."
Harry Selous
 player, 689 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 03:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry shrugged, again, and got up from his station. He grabbed his fancy rifle and headed for the turret. Whatever needed doing, he guessed he could do it.
Bulyip
 player, 241 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 04:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Grinning a large toothy smile, Bulyip has no problem with repetition. Pressing the sequence as best he can remember, he's taking some enjoyment from the efforts. "Okay, okay. Going...me thinking...okay."
Arbiter
 GM, 2196 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 8 Oct 2013
at 12:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice takes Selous' spot manning the scanners as the hunter heads for the turret.  Bulyip, against all expectation, actually proves fairly adept at following Chatterbox's instructions (once he gets past the "push all the shiny buttons!" phase) and soon the comm is crackling through comm bands, looking for any signals beyond the incoming cries for help.

Q7 gooses the throttle, sending the Tracker in-system towards the unnamed planet the signals are coming from.  It's been a long time coming, but it seems that part one of the rescue of Galor Splynn is finally nearing an end.

OOC: Yes, I said part 1.
Arbiter
 GM, 2211 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 17:13
Re: 6: Reunions
After roughly 6 hours transit in-system, Chatterbox comes back over the speakers, "Definitely two signals coming from the planet," he confirms.  "Both transmitting SoroSuub frequencies and close enough together that I'd wager they're connected.  Oh, and not receiving any other comm traffic in this system.  As far as I can tell, it's just us and whoever's calling for help below."

The scanners have remained similarly empty, not even decent-sized space junk has wandered into range.

The approaching planet looks fairly standard for a habitable world, various smudges of green, brown and blue spread across the globe.  More landmass than open ocean, but numerous large freshwater bodies scattered across the land.

Huge cloud banks swirl and ebb around the planet, many of them sparking and flashing with lightning.

So, habitable, probably, but even from high orbit it looks like a fairly damp and dreary place.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 791 posts
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 18:15
Re: 6: Reunions
"Q7, make for orbital entry.  Bul, keep scanning, and Harry start screaming if you see anything.  C-Box, open a full spectrum channel and turn the receiver gain up as high as it will go.  If someone down there sneezes in response to this, I want to hear it."

He sits and toggles the comm.  "Attention the surface, attention the surface.  We are receiving your distress call, can you copy?"
Harry Selous
 player, 692 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 19:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, who's view from the turret was spectacularly bland, grunted affirmation of the order and looked out across the horizon, scanning for any hostiles.
Bulyip
 player, 242 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 19 Oct 2013
at 04:05
Re: 6: Reunions
With an amount of time to pass that seems like several days, the Aleena has taken to playing with some sweet cured meat he found earlier. Pretending the meat was alive, he talked as if it were upset and reluctant about being eaten, while he takes one slow bite after another.

"Oh no, don't eat me! Ow! Ow! Wait, don't! Not again! AHHHH!"

Drawn out of his snack, Roice's voice gets him back into focus onto the sensors. "Righto, scanning. I'll have it back on screen sooner than a Hutt can call for seconds!"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 103 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 23 Oct 2013
at 03:11
Re: 6: Reunions
"I...  Umm... I think..." Chatterbox sounds confused.  "One of the beacons is acting strangely all the sudden.  Umm, Captain Bulyip, can I get you to sweep these bands (a series of frequencies pop up on the screen) while I narrow in on this signal?  They're standard ship comm freqs.  It's a long shot, but I figure if what I'm seeing is someone monkeying around with the signal to get our attention, they might be trying to call us through other means as well." The droid brain's implied "it can't hurt, right?" shrug is obvious in his tone.

OOC: Roll well, Cap'n Bulyip. ;)
Bulyip
 player, 243 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 23 Oct 2013
at 04:00
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his cranium up and down for an affirmative, Bulyip quickly runs his short little fingers across the board, trying to dial it in. When things don't come as quickly as he expected, he hits the buttons several times, mashing them in frustration.

"PPFFFTTT!" He sticks his forked tongue out and gives an Aleena raspberry. "This not right."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 104 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 22:09
Re: 6: Reunions
"What the!?!  I don't even--" Chatterbox's inner protocol droid is starting to show as he gets more flustered.  "You just knocked the whole comm system out of alignment!  How does that even--  CAPTAAAAAAIIIIN!!!" Chatterbox wails at Roice.  "I can't work like this!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 792 posts
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 04:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice reaches over and pulls Bulyip's hands away from the console.  He looks up at the bridge holo-eye and fights the urge to point at it and angrily shout, "YOU asked for this, droid!" but instead says, "How long to reset it?"
Arbiter
 GM, 2214 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 05:15
Re: 6: Reunions
"Couple a minutes..." Chatterbox replies in a churlish, almost childish tone.

Q7 spins his beaky head around to look at Roice and says, "You want me to continue heading in?  Kinda need to decide if we're going to orbit or enter the atmosphere here pretty quickly."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 793 posts
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 15:07
Re: 6: Reunions
"Take us down.  Shields full forward, scanners dialed out as wide as possible."
Arbiter
 GM, 2218 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 12:53
Re: 6: Reunions
"Roger, rog--BLAST IT!" Q7 continues to curse in language blue enough to make a Coynite blush as he sets the Tracker to descend towards the planet.

Meanwhile, Chatterbox continues muttering "under his breath" as he works at resetting the comm array to resume scanning frequencies.

"Oh, this isn't good..." Q7 pauses in his cursing long enough to comment.  "Cap'n, I thought I could squeeze us in ahead of the leading edge of that storm that's covering half the continent below, but it's moving faster than I calculated.  I can change vectors if you want me to avoid it, but it'll cost us time and I've got to do it--"

"NO!" Chatterbox exclaims.  I'm getting something!  Weak, lots of interference from the storm, but I'm getting a message!  I could lose the signal if you move to far off course.  Here, putting it through."

A static-filled transmission, barely decipherable over the interference, hisses over the speakers.  "--bound ship, 'dis -- Nail.  --sting imm--.  Repeat, req--"

"That's it, but it's an active transmission.  Someone down there is waiting for us to reply, Captain."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 794 posts
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 17:13
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice blanches and freezes in place.

After a moment, he blinks, and shakes his head.  "I...  Hmm."

He drops into the pilot's chair, and starts fastening the restraints.  "I thought I recognized that voice, for a second," he mutters to nobody in particular.

"Stay on course--take us straight in."  He initializes the console.  "C-Box, keep scanning.  Everybody buckle up, this is probably not going to be a pleasant ride."
Bulyip
 player, 246 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 01:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Getting his hands smacked away from the controls, Bulyip looks at Roice like he was rather annoyed, but doesn't say anything. He just crosses his arms, and waits.

Listening to the mention of storm, and than a voice transmission, Bulyip offers his own thoughts. "Hmmm, me think they said, 'inbound ship, dismal, something sting imminent, repeat, request.'. Or at least Bulyip imagine was what they were trying say."

And with the ship going deeper in, Roice mentions this could be an unpleasant ride. The comm's officer grabs onto his seat, and watches closely for what comes up on the screen, and control panels.
Harry Selous
 player, 693 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 03:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry checked his buckles. hazing out from his turret bubble, he began to think that as much as he hated space flight, atmospheric flight was probably worse. At least in space you couldn't see all the things you could run in to or any references for how fast you ere going.

"They probably said something like inbound ship, this is a trap, but you'll come in hot anyway because you're idiots. We've got twelve pirate ships, three hutt barges, and an imperial cruiser hiding from you using new invisibility tech. Requesting immediate hurrying up of your approach. Repeat, you're all a bunch of slagging idiots." He muttered under his breath while still managing to speak in to the microphone.
Arbiter
 GM, 2229 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 20:08
Re: 6: Reunions
"You want me to reply to transmission, Captain?" Chatterbox asks.  "The channel's still open..."

At the same time, the Tracker hits the upper atmosphere, bucking a bit as the megastorm below sends turbulence even up to the boundaries of the planet's atmosphere.

"I don't think it needs saying, but, this is gonna be a bumpy trip," Q7 says, hands gripping tightly on the control yoke that's already starting to shudder and buck as he fights the storm.

"Oh, umm," Chatterbox adds, "Mr. Nuhaatyc sent a message.  One word: 'Nope'."

On the scanners, the blip representing the Jai peels off short of reentry and parks in orbit instead.  Looks like A'den isn't willing to brave the storm with his shiny new ship.

Harry Selous:
Harry checked his buckles. hazing out from his turret bubble, he began to think that as much as he hated space flight, atmospheric flight was probably worse. At least in space you couldn't see all the things you could run in to or any references for how fast you ere going.

The view is limited but spectacular.  The entire field of view is filled with towering thunderheads surrounded by seas of shelf-like clouds, completely obscuring the ground below.  Lightning arcs between the pillars of vapor and races through the cloud cover like giant serpents of light chasing down prey.  It would be an amazing thing to watch from the safety of low orbit.  Unfortunately, the Tracker is headed right for it.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 795 posts
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 23:21
Re: 6: Reunions
"Send a reply: message illegible but carrier detectable; continue broadcast for triangulation."

Roice activates his control console and helps Q7 hold the ship steady as it dives.  "I hope nobody had a big breakfast."
Arbiter
 GM, 2237 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 22:20
Re: 6: Reunions
"Will do!" Chatterbox replies.

Meanwhile, Q7 has maneuvered the Tracker down closer to the clouds, skimming over the horizontal covering layer while flying between the canyon-like spaces between the thunderheads.

Even the roar of wind and engines can't drown out the overwhelming rumbles of thunder as lighting bolts jump above, around, and under the ship.

After a particularly close call leaves everyone's ears ringing from the deafening thunderclap, Q7 makes a point of noting that the ship is a large, charged lightning rod flying above one of the worst storms the droid has ever seen.

"Not so bad as long as it's this cloud to cloud stuff," he comments.  "We've actually been hit several times so far without even warming the shields.  But we get caught in a cloud to ground bolt, we're fried.  But we're going to have to go through this storm if we're going to land at the transmission point, so, just say when, I guess."

"The electromagnetic interference is already playing merry hell with the scanners," Chatterbox adds.  "If we're actually going down in there, we'll be flying blind."
Bulyip
 player, 247 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 20:07
Re: 6: Reunions
With his eyes going wide, the Aleena lets everyone know what's going on, whether they can all see it or not.

"Ohhh boy! This looks worse up close. Electrical storm is trying to give us a hug, and not in a good way. We should fly in now, get down there and see what's going on. Now or never!"

He's excited, and not feeling too threatened. He's a very confident the ship will turn out fine.
Arbiter
 GM, 2239 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 18:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Without warning and right on the tail end of Bulyip's excited exclamation about heading into the storm, several staccato reverberations rattle through the hull.  Immediately following, a salvo of blaster fire from the upper turret streaks down into the clouds below, vanishing amidst the swirling clouds and lightning.
Bulyip
 player, 248 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 19:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Double checking the sensors, and the view screen, Bulyip doubts the blaster fire he just saw.

"What? Did you just see...This was rescue mission, no?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:02, Mon 11 Nov 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 694 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 19:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Sorry flight." Harry spoke in to the comms, "thought I saw something big and nasty in the clouds, but it's gone now, and no sign I hit anything. Just keep your eyes open."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 796 posts
Tue 12 Nov 2013
at 18:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice continues to strain against the control surfaces.  "As in, a biological signature?"
Harry Selous
 player, 695 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 12 Nov 2013
at 19:36
Re: 6: Reunions
"As in, I'm sitting here staring out a window and when the lightning flashed I saw a big shape in the clouds roughly the size of a star destroyer, though I'm not saying it is a star destroyer, and so I shot at it to try and get it to expose itself in case there were imperials waiting in ambush."
Arbiter
 GM, 2240 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 12 Nov 2013
at 21:45
Re: 6: Reunions
The Tracker is drawing closer to the clouds, more flashes of lightning illuminating the storm.

And... something inside the clouds.

"Uh," Q7 states succinctly a millisecond before the cloud cover erupts in a swirling vortex of black, winged forms that come streaking towards the incoming ship.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" Chatterbox wails in absolute panic and Q7 yanks so hard on the control yoke that he breaks off one of his metal fingers and yanks the co-pilot controls straight out of Roice's hands.

The Tracker lurches to the side, desperately fighting momentum to follow Q7's commands, engines and thrusters roar as the repulsors whine and groan trying to aid the maneuver.

But it's no use.  The swarm of creatures envelops the ship, wheeling around and slamming into the hull with the sound of a hailstorm.

As the creatures splatter across the hull and viewport you all get a good look at what is assaulting the ship.

Mynocks.

More mynocks than any of you have seen in your entire lives.
Harry Selous
 player, 696 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 13 Nov 2013
at 01:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry opened up with the weapon, firing almost blindly in to the swarm that was slamming in to the ship. This was gonna end poorly.


OOC -
Harry Selous rolled 21 using 5d6+1 with rolls of 6,3,2,4,5. Fire 1
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. Wilde die for Fire 1.
Total = 22

Harry Selous rolled 23 using 5d6+1 with rolls of 6,3,4,3,6. Fire 2.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. Wild die for Fire 2.
Total = 28

This message was last edited by the player at 05:59, Wed 13 Nov 2013.

Bulyip
 player, 249 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 13 Nov 2013
at 04:44
Re: 6: Reunions
"Huh?" He can barely question before it's too late. The ship adjusting angle suddenly was a large clue things weren't going as expected. But having the ship covered in Mynocks, Bulyip looks around, asking, "Why Mynocks send out distress hail?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 797 posts
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 19:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"Shields full front!" shouts Roice.

"Everybody grab onto something," he barks, and quickly whips the ship into a tight corkscrew, in an attempt to spin some of the mynocks off.
Arbiter
 GM, 2244 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 19:28
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Up or down?  And that'll be a piloting check, please.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 798 posts
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 19:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Up, as in like a snap barrel roll.

31 total.

13:40, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. and a Wild Die.
13:39, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 26 using 6d6+3 with rolls of 6,4,2,2,4,5. Piloting check, corkscrew.

Arbiter
 GM, 2245 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 20:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Up in the turret, Selous opens up with the blaster cannon, tearing a burning hole through the wall of mynocks surrounding the ship.

Roice takes the controls as Q7 scrambles to angle the shields, pulling the ship into a spinning climb and punching through the opening made by Selous.  More clunks and thuds echo through the hull as mynocks are flung clear.  The sudden maneuver also propels the freighter clear of the cloud of flying parasite.

But it sounds like there are still plenty clinging to the ship.

"Sensors are back!" Chatterbox exclaims.  "I'm reading a major increase in stati--"

*BOOM*

A lightning bolt spears up from below, striking the ship in its unshielded hindquarters

The freighter immediately goes dark, Chatterbox cut off in mid-exclamation and every console light shutting down.  Backups kick in a millisecond later and most systems come back, but the amount of red lights on the console is disturbing to say the least.

The ship groans and slows, decelerating as gravity has its way with the unpowered vessel.  There's a feeble clunk and whir from the engines as they try to restart, but they are unable to spin up.

Stomachs lurch as the Tracker reaches the apex of its climb and noses over, headed back towards the storm and the ground below.

"GOTTAGOGOTTAGOGOTTAGO!" Q7 shouts, scrambling out of his seat and climbing towards the hatch like a giant spider.  "Repulsors are still online!" he cries, his voice receding as he clambers down the corridor, "Try to level us out while I get the engines restarted!"

Silver lining: the Tracker is falling through a descending cloud of blasted and charred mynock corpses.  So, that's one less thing to worry about.

OOC: I realized on the drive into work this morning that I totally forgot Harry's contribution to the fight!

Consider the issue resolved. ;)

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:49, Fri 15 Nov 2013.

Bulyip
 player, 250 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 03:29
Re: 6: Reunions
With his eyes going wide, the Aleena doesn't like the way things are flickering off and on, and the sound of humming of the engine cutting out. He holds onto his seat, trying to keep himself in place.

"Bulyip press buttons?" He asks, looking ready to mash the buttons again.
Harry Selous
 player, 698 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 04:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry closed his eyes as the ship began to roll over and fall toward the earth. Yes, atmospheric flight was definitely worse than space flight.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 799 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 16:58
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice dials out the repulsors to full altitude, and strains against the controls to keep the keel pointed downward.


10:57, Thu 21 Nov 2013: Roice Delfinn rolled 26 using 6d6+3 ((1,5,6,3,4,4)).  The wild die giveth and the wild die taketh away.
Arbiter
 GM, 2254 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 17:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Using only repulsors, with no assistance from the main thrusters or attitude controls, Roice slowly manages to pull the Tracker out of her nose dive.  The ship levels off, much to everyone's relief, but it quickly becomes apparent that yet another problem has reared its ugly head.

The ship has lost almost all its forward momentum, sluggishly gliding forward at a set altitude, slowing even as the group takes notice of the change.

"Repulsors are stuck," Q7 comms from the engine room by way of explanation.  "When the engines cut out, they went into emergency landing mode and I can't get them to unlock.  I think the lightning's fused some fairly important controls back here, but I can't do a full inspection until we're on the ground.  Still working on getting the engines turned back on, but it'll be moot if we can't get the repulsors to adjust.  Suggest we just drop straight down from here by dialing down the power until we touch down?  It'll be bumpy, but at least once we're on solid land I can get out and figure out what all is broken or not."

As the ship continues to slow, the buffeting from high-altitude winds kicked up by the storm is starting to become stronger, making the Tracker feel less like it's flying and more like it's floating on roughening seas.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 800 posts
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 15:40
Re: 6: Reunions
(Is the wind coming from a single direction, or just whipping around erratically?)
Arbiter
 GM, 2257 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 15:49
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Without active meteorological scanning, there's no way to know for sure just what the wind is up to out there.

Well, short of hopping onto the hull and checking yourself.  Bring a parachute.

Give me a KNO roll +1D for Planetary Systems.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 801 posts
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 15:53
Re: 6: Reunions
09:52, Fri 22 Nov 2013: Roice Delfinn rolled 15 using 4d6+1 ((2,6,2,4)).

Arbiter
 GM, 2259 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 17:50
Re: 6: Reunions
As the ship continues to slow and the buffeting gets worse, Roice has a thought.

OOC: Which I will not share with the peanut gallery. :P
Roice Delfinn
 player, 802 posts
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 15:27
Re: 6: Reunions
"This is not going to be fun."

Roice engages the retro thrusters and starts pulling buoyancy out of the repulsors, taking the Tracker down into the cloud cover.

"Expect to be hit by lightning again.  And everybody keep up your visual scanning--we're going to need to find a smooth ground to sit down.  Uh, and, we're going to need to know for certain where the ground is."
Arbiter
 GM, 2263 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 15:29
Re: 6: Reunions
As the Tracker begins sinking into the storm below, it occurs to everyone that they haven't heard from Chatterbox in a while...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 803 posts
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 19:09
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Aaaah, peace and quiet.
Bulyip
 player, 251 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 02:58
Re: 6: Reunions
<blue>"Me think we should find safe place. Caves are safe. Look for cave to land in."</blue. Bulyip chirps up. His eyes are scanning furiously for somewhere to land.
Arbiter
 GM, 2264 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 04:13
Re: 6: Reunions
Since the Tracker is sinking straight down, horizontally oriented, there's really not a lot to see.

If someone were to go to the ventral turret, they'd have a better view.
Harry Selous
 player, 699 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 07:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry thought about moving to the other turret. For a moment he hesitated, thinking that being closer to the ground when the ship crashed would be worse. Than he decided that he'd probably die either way, and headed to the other side of the ship.
Arbiter
 GM, 2271 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 2 Dec 2013
at 16:09
Re: 6: Reunions
The ship drops rapidly, but in a controlled fashion, dipping into the cloud cover and vanishing from sight.

Harry clambers down into the ventral turret, head swimming a bit as the gravity changes orientation so that he's now "looking up" at the ground.

The ground...

The Tracker is still several kilometers above where the ground should be.  So, seeing the vast expanse of dark, lumpy surface that appears below the descending ship comes as something of a surprise to Selous.

There's no time for him to alert anyone before the ship, already in emergency landing mode, blats out a warning of its own, auto-extending the landing gear to meet the surface below.

There's a jarring thud that shakes everyone in their seats.  Bulyip is saved from being thrown about the cockpit only because his new booster seat comes with a seatbelt.

"Have we landed already!?!" Q7 comms from the engine room.
Harry Selous
 player, 700 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 2 Dec 2013
at 17:23
Re: 6: Reunions
"We landed on something." Harry called from the ventral turret, "don't know what, but it's solid enough."

He stared out of the turret at the ground 'above' him and climbed back 'down' so that he'd be right side up again. another thing he hated about space.

"What now?" He asked.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 804 posts
Tue 3 Dec 2013
at 02:58
Re: 6: Reunions
Surprised, Roice pulls his hands off the controls and shouts, "Everybody freeze!"

He dials into the attitude gauges and stares at them closely.
Arbiter
 GM, 2274 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 3 Dec 2013
at 15:24
Re: 6: Reunions
The vast expanse of lumpy, cracked surface spreads out from the landing zone in all directions.  There's enough of it that even from the vantage point of the cockpit it's visible.

The storm rages all around, winds howling as they buffet the ship, but whatever it is the Tracker has come to land on seems virtually undisturbed by the weather.

Roice stares intently at the attitude indicators.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 805 posts
Tue 3 Dec 2013
at 19:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice quickly glances out the viewport and squints at the terrain.

"Stay at battlestations--assume we've parked on a biological.  Q7, get engines back online ASAP.  Harry, you know of any animals that look like," he motions out the window futilely, "this?"
Harry Selous
 player, 701 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 3 Dec 2013
at 20:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry rolled his eyes and climbed back in to the turret.

"Could be something like a Beldon. Big floating bags of gas found mostly on Bespin. Not usually dangerous unless we get wrapped in its tentacles underneath.... Assuming it's a Beldon that is. Might explain any issues with the ships sensors of course. Beldons generate an electric field to sense predators. Put enough of them in a cluster and it could cause some real trouble for our electronics."

Harry fiddled about with the turret controls, "If it is a Beldon, we might be able to pop the thing and ride it down to the surface of the planet."
Bulyip
 player, 252 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 4 Dec 2013
at 03:51
Re: 6: Reunions
Unbuckling, Bulyip gives an excited holler. Glad to have a landing they can walk away from, he lets his friends know that it sure looks strange out there. He has to stretch for half as good a view as his taller companions.
Arbiter
 GM, 2281 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 4 Dec 2013
at 15:24
Re: 6: Reunions
There's a boom of nearby thunder (although no visible lightning strike) and the entire surface ripples, sending Roice and Bulyip stumbling for something to hold onto.  But the movement quickly subsides.

Q7 comms from the engine room, again, to ask, "Seriously.  Have we landed?  Because I'm going to need to go outside to replace some control circuitry that got fried."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 806 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2013
at 18:32
Re: 6: Reunions
"What do you think Harry, do we risk it?"
Bulyip
 player, 253 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 04:58
Re: 6: Reunions
"This not ground. Who nutty enough to go out there?"
Harry Selous
 player, 703 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 11:04
Re: 6: Reunions
'Honestly?" Harry asked from the turret, "If this ship can't fly itself down, I say we try popping this thing with a blast from the nose cannon, keep an eye out for more mynocks, and hope it's big enough for a nice slow ride down to the actual surface."

He paused as he thought through the plan, "Otherwise we pop the thing and go plummeting down like a hutt in a lake and explode when we hit the planet, or I guess the mynocks could eat us if there's enough of them, or this could not even be a Beldon, but at this point, I say we go for it. Can't possibly be the stupidest thing we've done."
Bulyip
 player, 254 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 13:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Shaking his head side to side, Bulyip protests, "No, bad idea! Bad idea! Don't shoot at creature keeping us alive!"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 53 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 14:50
Re: 6: Reunions
"I would recommend against it as well," Q7 says, walking onto the bridge.  "At least until I can get the repulsors unstuck.  Cap'n," he turns to Roice, "I need to go outside, it's the only way I can get us running again.  Engines will start, but we have no maneuverability.  Repulsors are stuck so we can only move up, down and forward in a straight line.  No pitch or yaw.  Give me 10 minutes and we'll be back online and fully functional.  That is," he says, turning to Bulyip, "If you're willing to lend me a hand?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 807 posts
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 16:27
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice starts the interior atmosphere equalizer sequence and unlocks the loading ramp.

"Q7 go out, Bul help him.  Both of you tether up to the ramp rigging--the wind will be bad and if we need to make a hasty liftoff, I don't want to leave you behind.  Harry, arm up and cover them from the ramp...  Who knows what may happen when they're out there.  Breathmasks, everybody, and make it snappy."
Harry Selous
 player, 704 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 17:36
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry climbed out of the turret once again and moved to equip himself. Best case scenario there were only mynocks out there,and he'd only have to blast a couple of them. Worst case scenario,something bigger was using this creature as a home.

He grabbed one of his Stormtrooper 2s and put his helmet on, keeping an eye on the infrared motion sensor to get a bit of advanced warning on where any animals might be coming from through the mist and fog.

"Ready when you fellas are." he said, standing at the ramp, ready to open up.
Bulyip
 player, 255 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 6 Dec 2013
at 01:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip looks at Q7, clearly surprised by the request to go outside.

"Outside? Bulyip go outside? But something bad out there. Whatever we're on, bad. Look, more Mynocks! You see? Do we have time go out, and be back before they get here?"

Bulyip points to where he saw Mynocks in the distance. But he can't help think if they don't go now, it'll be too late. So he jumps out of the chair, and rushes for the loading ramp, donning the gear as fast as he can manage.

"Come on! Go faster! We do this."
Arbiter
 GM, 2293 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 6 Dec 2013
at 17:39
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous and Bulyip get geared up, putting on safety harnesses and breathing masks to protect against the cold, thin air whipping around inside the high altitude storm.

Q7 also clips a safety line to his chassis, then lowers the ramp to the outside.

Immediately, screaming winds start whipping through the hold, kicking up minor cyclones mostly composed of Bulyip's discarded candy wrappers.

"Hoo boy..." Q7 grouses in his squawky battle droid voice.  Checking to make sure his tool bandoleer is secure across his chest, the droid shouts to be heard over the storm, "Okay, I guess it's now or never!".

Struggling against the cyclonic wind, the droid slowly starts down the ramp.
Harry Selous
 player, 705 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 6 Dec 2013
at 18:07
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry checked all his straps and ties to make sure nothing on his person would go flying in the wind, then stood at the top of the ramp and gazed out across the expanse before him.


OOC- Harry Selous rolled 10 using 3d6 ((2,5,3)).

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Fri 06 Dec 2013.

Bulyip
 player, 256 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 8 Dec 2013
at 02:09
Re: 6: Reunions
Clipping his line in securely, Bulyip gives a test pull to make sure this is going to hold. But he's a bit disappointed when some of his things are being yanked away by the pesky wind. He tries reaching ineffectively to the quickly moving debris, and slumps his shoulders when he realizes it's a lost battle.

Grumbling under his breath, "Stupid Mynocks. The Princess that left the distress signal had better be happy at cost of this rescue mission." Which ignores the fact that the damage to the ship is far most costly then his precious wrappers being lost to the weather.

Bulyip heads down the ramp as well, screaming into the wind, "Do you think this beast can taste our feet when we walk on it?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 808 posts
Mon 9 Dec 2013
at 15:24
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice keeps his eyes on the attitude gauges, watching for any kind of hidden drift in their position.
Arbiter
 GM, 2294 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 9 Dec 2013
at 18:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Q7, Selous, and Bulyip struggle down the ramp, Selous keeping his eyes peeled for anything coming their way.


Stepping out on the "ground" is like trying to stand on a waterbed.  The ground rolls under your feet, but seems relatively stable as long as no one tries to move too quickly.  The wind, on the other hand, is a different story.  It's relentless and cuts to the bone, chilling the Human and Aleena in a matter of seconds.

Whatever else, the organics won't be able to stay outside long before hypothermia becomes an issue.

But the cold is the least of their concern.  The speed and power of the wind makes staying upright a real fight.  It's impossible to brace in a single direction as the wind keeps changing directions randomly.

"Over here!" Q7 shouts to be heard over the roaring air.  "We need to get into the port main engine!"

The droid makes his way wobbily towards the portside engine.

OOC: Make a Dex check to stay on your feet, por favor.
Harry Selous
 player, 706 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 03:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry stood against the whipping winds. Lesser men might have been daunted by the howls of the air rushing at him from different directions, but not Harry. He stood as a bulwark, as if it was but an offending breeze.




OOC - Harry Selous rolled 21 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,5,6,4. balance check.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. balance wild die.
Total = 26

Bulyip
 player, 257 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 03:51
Re: 6: Reunions
The little scaly skinned wanna be pilot hates the chill it gives him, but the twisting and violent breeze keeps him on his toes. Forced to adjust his footing, and body to keep his feet below him, he does his best to move to Q7.

"Hurry, before we freeze!" He shouts to Harry in order to encourage a speedy response.
Arbiter
 GM, 2297 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 17:14
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip and Selous keep up with the droid, staggering around the ship to the damaged thruster.

"I need to access attitude control systems out here while you," the droid points at Bulyip, "get up in there and make sure what I'm doing is actually working.  Also, I need you to inspect for internal damage.  I wouldn't be surprised if we sucked up a mynock or two earlier."

"You got my back, right?" Q7 asks Selous.  "Last thing I need is any surprises while I'm trying to work in this wind."
Harry Selous
 player, 707 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 18:37
Re: 6: Reunions
"Yeah yeah." Harry muttered, waving the two techs to get to work, "Don't want to be out here all day."
Bulyip
 player, 258 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 11 Dec 2013
at 03:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his head, Bulyip moves in to climb up where it was pointed to. He's no expert on mechanicals, and repairs, but he understands enough to get by.If someone were to tell him what to look for, and what tool is needed, the Aleena could handle it easily.


ooc-Attitude control? Sweet, the ship has an attitude control. Set it to happy! ;)
Arbiter
 GM, 2300 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 11 Dec 2013
at 16:07
Re: 6: Reunions
Q7 removes a hull plate, dropping it to the ground with a dull thunk.  The space is just big enough for Bulyip to wiggle through and get deeper into the engine.  It's actually quite comfortable inside, as the metal still retains some working heat.  The little Aleena squirms into a service duct and can go no further.  But beyond, can see the engine's thrust vectoring fins among other technobabble-y bells and whistles.  This is what Q7 wanted him to keep an eye on.

Meanwhile, outside, the droid climbs halfway into the same hatch, pulls a hydrospanner from his tool pouch and gets to work.

Selous is left standing in the wind and the cold, scanning for signs of movement.

Once, in the distance, he spots a lightning bolt strike a peculiar, conical structure jutting up from what everyone is now assuming is a giant creature of some sort.  The bolt hits the mound with no sign of ill effect, but the structure glows dully for a moment and several wheeling Mynocks drop from the sky to eagerly clamber across to it and latch on with their sucker mouths.

Once the glow fades (after about a minute), they detach and go back to circling wobbily in the turbulent air.
Harry Selous
 player, 708 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 05:45
Re: 6: Reunions
"Just so you are all aware, I don't know of anything on a Beldon that would do that." Harry said in to the comms, "I could go check it out, have a closer look."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 54 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 14:48
Re: 6: Reunions
While Selous is busy staring at glowing things, Q7 gets to work on the burned out control relays.

"Can you look around for any other obvious signs of damage?" he asks Bulyip.  "We might've sucked up a mynock or two during the fight earlier.  I don't want to spin up the engine only to have it fly apart because there's a barbecued wing stuck in an impeller or something."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 809 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 15:43
Re: 6: Reunions
"Better stay close," Roice says over the intercom.  "We may need to make a hasty retreat.  Just keep a close watch."
Arbiter
 GM, 2312 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 17:14
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Selous, roll Search, please
Harry Selous
 player, 709 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 00:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"There's another one just on the other side of the ship, Cap. I'd like to check it out. I doubt the mynocks in the area are interested in us. They seem more focused on the cones and the lightning." Harry said in to the comms. He'd taken a moment to look everywhere rather than just out and away from the ship, and he'd noticed a second cone just across from him.
Bulyip
 player, 260 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 03:47
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking about for damage and mynock pieces, the reptilian captain does his best to try and figure out if there's anything amiss. "Yes, yes, looking for toasty mynock bits. Can I keep em if I find some?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 55 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 14:10
Re: 6: Reunions
"I guess...?" Q7 replies to the Aleena.  "If you want to die from silicon toxicity.  Although," there's a spang of metal separating as the droid frees a burnt out relay, "I've seen what you eat normally and it can't be much worse for you than mynock..."

Bulyip peers deeper into the engine interior and, after a moment, spots... something that doesn't look like ceramet or durasteel or any of the other funny words they use to describe the stuff ships are made out of.

With a little twisting and wriggling it is possible to get deeper into the interior of the engine.  But it will require utmost delicacy to avoid pulling wires that look very, very important.
Bulyip
 player, 261 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 18:05
Re: 6: Reunions
"Think me found something. Hold on, Bulyip try and squeeze in more." He says as he tries to move in deeper, confident that this piece he found must not belong there.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 810 posts
Tue 24 Dec 2013
at 15:45
Re: 6: Reunions
"Check it out, but be careful."
Harry Selous
 player, 713 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Dec 2013
at 18:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry nodded and headed around the ship to investigate the cone.


OOC - How tough would it be to go under the ship as opposed to around, and would that be any faster?
Arbiter
 GM, 2320 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 26 Dec 2013
at 17:06
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: The Tracker sits up almost 2 1/2 meters on her gear, so there's ample room to maneuver under there once you get past the huge main thrusters on the side of the ship.  So, no worries there.

Bulyip manages to wriggle past the wires and conduits without dislodging anything, popping out into the turbine compartment proper (a baaaaaad place to be if someone decides to spin up the engine).  He clambers across the inside of the engine, headed for the bit of detritus he spotted wedged into the primary ion impeller.

Meanwhile, Selous ducks under the thruster and crosses beneath the ship to investigate the other nearby mound.  The structure is a rough cone, about 2 meters tall.  It's made of the same substance as the rest of the creature (or whatever it is), but the texture is smoother, shinier, with a metallic sheen.  From his position propped against the hull to avoid getting blown away by the fierce storm winds, he can see more mounds, randomly scattered across to the "horizon", each with an attendant flock of wheeling mynocks.

Inside the damaged engine, Bulyip crawls over to the bit of gunk stuck in the impeller.  The little Aleena ducks his head around the equipment for a better look and is shocked to discover it's actually a (mostly) intact mynock!  The tip of one of its wings is jammed between the impeller blade and the engine casing.  The creature itself appears to be inert, but its wing is going to cause trouble when it's time to try and spin the engine up.
Harry Selous
 player, 714 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 27 Dec 2013
at 17:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry realized he didn't have a knife, so instead of cutting the ground to see if it bled, he headed back toward the ramp of the ship.

"Let me know when you two are finished. I need to test something, but we should probably all be inside when I do." Harry said in to his comms as he moved beneath the ship.
Bulyip
 player, 263 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 27 Dec 2013
at 17:38
Re: 6: Reunions
"There's a mynock caught here!" He calls back to the droid. Wiggling closer, Bulyip tries to push on the engine to spin the it enough to release the wing tip.

"It's okay little Mynock. Bulyip save you. You get free, maybe tell other mynock buddies we helped you, an we not bad."

Bulyip tries to move the engine part with as much effort as he can muster.
Arbiter
 GM, 2323 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 20:45
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip gingerly tugs on the dead mynock's wingtip, then applies more force in an effort to dislodge it.  But the creature is wedged too tightly under the impeller fan blade.  Perhaps some sort of tool would be helpful?

Selous heads back up the ramp, witnessing several more silent lightning strikes on the creature's surface, each immediately followed by a parasitical mynock swarm.

And, of course, there are plenty of good, old fashioned noisy lightning bolts still cascading all around.  The storm is showing absolutely no sign of slowing down any time soon.
Bulyip
 player, 264 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 05:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking around for a tool, he considers what he has in his pockets, and pouches. But there's not much that would be significant there.

And then he considers the blaster pistol on his hip. Getting a bright idea, he says, "Stand back, I'll try shooting this mynock out of here!" as he draws his blaster and aims at the wing tip.

ooc-giving Q7 the chance to stop him before he pulls the trigger. Though maybe it's too noisy out there, and Bulyip has time to fire before the announcement registers.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 56 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 14:00
Re: 6: Reunions
Luckily, Q7 has his head stuck in the engine, so he can hear Bulyip's grand plan and try to stop him before he cripples the ship.

"NONONO!" he shouts, actually attempting to scramble up inside to stop the Aleena.

"Here," the droid grumbles, tossing a hydrospanner into the engine compartment.  "Try this instead.  We're trying to fix the ship.  Fix," he reiterates, as if giving a command to an unruly pet.

----------------------------------------

Speaking of unruly pets...

Chomper comes bounding out into the hold to greet Selous, bowling him over.  The burly reptomammal has gotten bigger, even more so than his full grown kin back on Xedfa.  Regular meals and not having to fight for survival every second of every day probably has a lot to do with that.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:24, Tue 31 Dec 2013.

Harry Selous
 player, 715 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 19:44
Re: 6: Reunions
With a Grimace, Harry patted chomper on the head and attached his leash. he still needed to stay and watch over the duo outside till they were done, but he hoped there was something left of his room when he did get a chance to take chomper back.
Bulyip
 player, 265 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 06:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking from hydrospanner to his blaster and back again, Bulyip mubles his disappointment. "That seem like less fun."

He'll put away his blaster, and pick up the tool, and attempt to do so but using the added leverage that using the tool can provide.
Arbiter
 GM, 2329 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 3 Jan 2014
at 17:36
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous leashes up Chomper, who follows along gamely enough.  Of course past experience says that should he choose otherwise, the reptomammal can become an irresistible force or an immovable object in the blink of an eye.

------------------------------------------

Q7 hesitates for a moment, but then, cautiously optimistic that Bulyip isn't about to blast any holes in the engine, goes back to his repairs.

Meanwhile, the Aleena uses the hydrospanner as a lever, bracing against the side of the thruster wall and trying to unwedge the mynock wing from the ion impeller.  Bulyip grunts and heaves, then finally the creature's wing pops free, the charred mynock tumbling aside.
Bulyip
 player, 267 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 03:18
Re: 6: Reunions
"Whooo! Got it!" He exclaims mightily as he fist pumps with hydrospanner in his hand.

With that repair done, he gives the propeller a test push to see if it can move more freely now. If successful, he'll gives a smile and nod of his head at satisfaction in doing the job well. If not, he frown, and ask Q7 what might he need to do.
Arbiter
 GM, 2335 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 17:11
Re: 6: Reunions
The impeller is locked while the engine is unpowered, so that doesn't do anything.  But Q7 assures Bulyip that it's not supposed to move.

"Since you're in there anyway," the droid says to the Aleena, "Can you crawl up towards the injector feeds and see if there's anything else stuck in there?  Don't worry," he reassures Bulyip, "there's minimal risk of radiation exposure with the engines having been offline this long."

OOC: Selous?  Whatcha up to?
Harry Selous
 player, 716 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 21:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous kept gazing out across the horizon while holding on to Chomper's chain or tying it to something more sturdy then his bed frame if he spotted anything.]. He felt it would be a bad idea to shoot at the possibly animal ground before all the crew were back in the ship, and unless something happened that needed killing, there wasn't much for him to do till then.
Arbiter
 GM, 2337 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 21:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Are you taking Chomper outside?
Harry Selous
 player, 717 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 23:23
Re: 6: Reunions
No, I just meant stand in the doorway and peer out across the landscape. If I have to go outside to keep an eye open, then I'll chain him up inside the storage room I initially found him in and then step outside.
Arbiter
 GM, 2338 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 23:28
Re: 6: Reunions
It's about the time that Chomper starts curiously sniffing at the air--the cold, thin air Selous has to wear a mask to stay conscious in--that he realizes that the Sandslasher doesn't seem adversely affected by the stratospheric altitude.  At least not much.

But, given that Chomper's homeworld was a dying, dessicated husk of a planet, perhaps it makes sense that he'd have greater oxygen and temperature tolerances than a squishy human.

The coast remains clear, from what you can see.

OOC: Roll Search
Bulyip
 player, 268 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 03:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his head, the Aleena looks to see if he can climb further in. He touches the area gingerly to see if he can feel the radiation, or if his skin tingles.

If there's no instant negative action, he'll attempt to go in, and call out, "Me going in, let me see if there anything."
Harry Selous
 player, 718 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 07:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry gazed out over the expanse laid out before him, intrigued by the fact that Chomper didn't seem to be having any difficulty adjusting. He stared at the sand slasher rather then at the possible creatures around him. Maybe Sand Slashers had an extra pair of lungs or something.


OOC- Harry Selous rolled 12 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,6,5. perception.
Arbiter
 GM, 2339 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 19:52
Re: 6: Reunions
Chomper stops sniffing, instead hunkering back and baring his teeth as he gurgles and growls.  You catch the barest hint of movement in the direction the Sandslasher is glaring, the edge of the hull by the opposite thruster where Q7 and Bulyip are currently working.

-------------------------------------

Bulyip crawls forward to the ion injector feeds.  The screen covering the injectors is covered with black, oily gack which smells about as appetizing as it looks.

"Looks like a mynock got flash fried on the screen," Q7 replies when Bulyip reports his find.  "We're gonna lose efficiency if that stuff is left clogging the holes.  Can you try to scrape some of it off?  If enough plasma can get into the chamber it should cook off the rest.  I'm almost done out here.  Just a couple more connections to check."
Harry Selous
 player, 719 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 21:13
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grimaced at Chomper's clear display of aggression. He drew his heavy blaster pistol and began edging his way toward the movement, ready to fire if anything big and nasty was around the corner.
Bulyip
 player, 269 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 05:33
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking for something to wipe the screen filter with, Bulyip calls back, "Me try to clean it. It look really sticky. Any acid or corrosives in ship?"

Either way, the Aleena will use a rag, or some debris even, such as the body part of a mynock that could be used to scrape the filter somewhat better then it is currently.
Arbiter
 GM, 2340 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 15:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Just try scraping with the 'spanner," Q7 replies.  "It doesn't need to be spotless, just less... gunky."

-----------------------------

Chomper is pulling hard at his lead, dragging Selous along behind as he scrambles down the ramp.  The growling is gone--which you've learned is a bad sign.  The Sandslasher is definitely after something.

OOC: Make a Strength check to keep your grip on the leash
Harry Selous
 player, 720 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 18:10
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry followed along, focusing more on keeping his grip on Chomper than what might be around the corner.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 15 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,6,3. strength.
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. strength wild D.
Total = 16

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Mon 20 Jan 2014.

Arbiter
 GM, 2343 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 17:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous manages to keep his grip, which just means he gets dragged along as Chomper scuttles down the ramp and lunges at the lowered landing strut.  There a crunch and a sickening squeal as the sandslasher latches onto something and starts violently shaking it.

The flailing, dying creature in his jaws turns out to be a mynock (which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone).

The hunter is warned by a squishy thump from overhead, whirling a split second before a second mynock detaches from the inside of the landing gear well and launches itself at him, wings spread.

--------------------------------------------

Bulyip does as instructed, scraping the goopy carbo-sillicate remains off of the grill.  The little Aleena works diligently, but fortunately isn't so engrossed in his labor that he misses the flash of movement out of the corner of his eye.

The seemingly burned to a crisp mynock apparently isn't as dead as you were lead to believe.  It's pulling its charred, bloated body across the turbine floor on tattered wings, sucker mouth gaping.

OOC: Gentlemen, combat time.

Initiative order
1. Selous
2. Outside mynock

3. Inside mynock
4. Bulyip

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:44, Wed 22 Jan 2014.

Harry Selous
 player, 721 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 17:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous raised his blaster pistol and fired at the mynock with deft and practiced aim.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6 with rolls of 6,1,6,5,1,5. shooting.
 Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. shooting wild die.
total = 27

Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 1,1,5,4,5,6. damage roll
Total = 24

the other two rolls I made were from accidentally hitting enter instead of shift when trying to type in the +2.

Bulyip
 player, 270 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 24 Jan 2014
at 03:58
Re: 6: Reunions
Screaming in fear of the undying Mynock, Bulyip uses the hydrospanner covered in ooze to club the creature away. ooc-Though the weak Aleena couldn't get any worse of a roll.


"AHHHHH! Zombie Mynock! It's going to kill meeeeeeeeeee!" He screams as he flails the tool back and forth ineffectively. "Run!"
Arbiter
 GM, 2349 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 27 Jan 2014
at 17:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous blasts the Mynock off the hull with a quick, precise shot, the creature's body flopping to the "ground" with smoke pouring from the blaster wound.

But it becomes immediately apparent that this was just the prelude, as two more mynocks stick their ugly sucker-faced heads around the side of the thruster and screech angrily.  They immediately start clambering across the underside of the ship at Selous.

Bulyip screams and flails ineffectually at the mostly-dead mynock, the hydrospanner flying out of his hands to clank and clatter back towards the impeller fan the monster was originally stuck under.

(i.e. the mynock is now between Bulyip and his improvised club)

The scorched mynock is within leaping distance, but can't seem to muster the strength (most likely due to being half-barbecued).  It continues its slow advance towards the now-spannerless Aleena.

Inside the ship, the sounds of clumsy movement along the outer hull are unmistakable.  That, accompanied by the dull thwump of Selous' blaster suggests that all might not be going well outside.

OOC: New round.

Initiative order
1. Outside Mynock 1
2. Selous
3. Outside Mynock 2

4. Bulyip
5. Mynock a l'orange

Harry Selous
 player, 722 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 27 Jan 2014
at 17:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry tried to put a round in both of the advancing mynocks before they could reach him, sending two shots toward the creatures.

OOC -
First shot
Harry Selous rolled 15 using 5d6 with rolls of 1,4,5,4,1. First Shot .
Harry Selous rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. CP for first shot.
total = 19 with a 1 on the wild

Second shot
Harry Selous rolled 17 using 5d6 with rolls of 1,5,6,1,4. second shot.
total = 17 with a 1 on the wild

Damage first shot
Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 2,3,5,6,5,1. damage 1.

Damage second shot
 Harry Selous rolled 17 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 1,5,1,1,3,4. damage 2.


Bulyip
 player, 271 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 03:45
Re: 6: Reunions
Figuring the Mynock is going to try and get revenge on him for the perceived threat of hitting at him, and mistaking him as the pilot that flew the ship into the path of him in the first place. Bulyip starts backing out the way he came.

He tries to sooth the mynock with, "Bulyip sorry, you not bad mynock. Just misunderstanding."


Bulyip will keep backing out, ideally leading the mynock to the outside, and to safety.
Arbiter
 GM, 2356 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 16:32
Re: 6: Reunions
The two mynocks launch from the underside of the ship, flinging themselves at Selous.  He manages to snap off shots at each--killing one outright and winging the other--but this only has the effect of turning the now-flying monstrosities into a pair of organic missiles.

The dead one hits him in the chest, knocking him off his feet.  The still-living mynock flaps and flails, screeching in anger and pain.  It's damaged wing catches Selous' outflung hand, knocking the blaster out of it to land a meter or so away on the ground.

Selous is now on his back, a dead mynock weighing down his chest while the injured one starts to clamber up his legs.

--------------------------------------------

Bulyip scoots away from the burned mynock, trying to talk it out of its decision to do grievous bodily harm to him.  He backs up to the nest of cables and conduits he maneuvered through earlier to get into the engine compartment.

(OOC: Dex check to get back through)

"What's going on in there?" Q7 squawks, craning his beaky head into the service hatch.  "I got the last relay replaced.  Did you clear out the mynock bits yet?  I think I heard Selous shooting at something, we may need to get back on board pretty quick!"

OOC: new round

Initiative order
1. Winged mynock
2. Selous

3. Bulyip
4. Mynock jerky

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:27, Wed 05 Feb 2014.

Harry Selous
 player, 723 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 18:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry tried to push the dead mynock off of his chest while also kicking out at the one crawling up his legs.

"Chomper! Here!" He called, probably ineffectually. The sand slasher was probably busy eating the one he'd jumped first.

OOC - I rolled the strength roll twice cause the first time I forgot to subtract the 1D, however, I got a better roll the second time, and the wild die was a 1 the first time, so whichever roll floats your boat.

Harry Selous rolled 6 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,2. Correct strength rool (forgot the -1)
total = 6

Harry Selous rolled 13 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 5,1,6. kicking the mynock.
Total = 13

and then I think damage for brawling is just straight strength, so,

Harry Selous rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,3,4. damage for the kick.
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. damage wild die.
total = 16
(do damage rolls have a wild die?)

Bulyip
 player, 273 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 05:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking at the maze of wires, Bulyip is confident he could get throw those fast enough, but he looks back at the mynock, and considers there is no way this poor creature is going to do anything other than get caught up in them and rip and tangle up the wires if it gets into them.

Thinking about drawing his blaster, he calls back to Q7, "One of them mynocks not dead like supposed be. Me need fire blaster at it, an kill it."

Pulling his blaster out, he'll fire to finish the poor beast off. He'll risk a point blank shot to prevent a ricochet on the metal engine. Stun is always the safe option.
Arbiter
 GM, 2358 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 14:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip:
Stun is always the safe option.

So, you're firing a stun bolt?
Bulyip
 player, 274 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 12 Feb 2014
at 06:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Yep, let's stun it. (hopefully)
Arbiter
 GM, 2360 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Feb 2014
at 18:53
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip fires point-blank into the mynock's ugly face.  Stun bolt or no, the half-dead thing is now officially out of the fight.  And probably all the way dead now.

Outside, Selous manages to get partially out from under the stinking corpse of the dead mynock, enough to lash out with a free leg at the one crawling on him.  It's like kicking a bag of wet sand.  The mynock screeches again, but doesn't really go anywhere.  Instead, it wraps its wings around the hunter's legs and rears back with its sucker mouth to take a chunk out of him.

The attack is cut short by the timely arrival of Chomper, who grabs the mynock's head in his jaws and wrenches it off Selous, snapping its neck with a sickening pop.  Unfortunately, the attack also dislocates Selous' hip with an equally sickening pop.  The sandslaher drags the flailing, wheezing mynock off the human, who is left, half-covered by the dead mynock, lying on the ground as agony sears through his right hip.

OOC: Selous, you're Wounded, -1D to all skill rolls until you can get medical treatment.  Also, you're not going to be moving at more than a shuffle any time soon.

Bulyip, you're now left with a very dead, very gross mynock stuck in the engine housing.  But starting up the ion drive will probably take care of that for you.

How the ship hasn't been struck by lightning yet while you guys have been basically sitting on top of a lightning rod structure boggles my mind.  You can thank the dice, I suppose.

Anyway, ship's fixed.  I recommend getting back on board quickly.

Harry Selous
 player, 724 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 Feb 2014
at 20:17
Re: 6: Reunions
"Good boy Chomper, good boy." Harry mutters as he tries once more to shove the dead mynock off him. He needed to get the mynock off and get him and Chomper back on the ship.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 7 using 2d6 with rolls of 3,4. strength.
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. strength CP.
Total = 10

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Fri 14 Feb 2014.

Arbiter
 GM, 2361 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 14:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous manages to lever the dead mynock off himself, despite the pain of his leg.  At his call, Chomper ambles over, blue-green mynock blood dripping from his snout.  The sandslasher sniffs him, then sneezes mightily, spraying slobber and mynock bits all over his face.

Delightful.

Seemingly unconcerned by his owner's predicament, Chomper starts rubbing his face on the ground, trying to scrub off the mess.
Harry Selous
 player, 725 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 17:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grabbed Chomper's chain leash and gave the sand slasher's face a quick wipe with his sleeve before heading for the ramp at a lumbering pace and urging Chomper to follow.
Bulyip
 player, 275 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 15 Feb 2014
at 04:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Glad to see that it stops moving, there's still a little remorse for the pitiful creature. "Die bad way, poor mynock. Very bad choice come after me."

The Aleena kicks it over with his boot to get it cleared even further out of the way before turning and making his way through the maze of wires. Without the rush to make it this time, he'll not be in a panic to make it through in a flash.

Then he'll look about for Selous, and if he isn't seen, will head back into the ship. If seen, he'll wave and Selous, and yell at him, "All done? We go now?"
Arbiter
 GM, 2362 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 18 Feb 2014
at 13:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip comes clambering out of the engine compartment, much to Q7's relief.  "I swear, if that shot of yours just undid all the work I just went through..." he grouses, but helps the Aleena back down to the ground anyway.

The pair carefully make their way back around the ship, fighting the powerful storm winds (remember those?) and meet Selous doggedly hobbling his way back up the ramp.  He's dragging one leg behind him, obviously unable to put his weight on it, and looks like he's gone a couple of rounds with an annoyed Wookiee.
Harry Selous
 player, 726 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 17:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry gave a small wave to the duo of repair men as he continued to make his way toward the ramp to board the ship, tugging Chomper along behind. They needed to get off this thing, whatever it was.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 811 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 18:37
Re: 6: Reunions
"Roll call--everybody accounted for?" shouts Roice over the intercom.
Bulyip
 player, 276 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 19:01
Re: 6: Reunions
The ALeena gives a smile at Selous, and a fist pump into the air, assuming that all is well for them again.

Hoping up the ramp, Bulyip hears the intercom of Roice checking for everyone aboard. "We're back on board! Me got rid of Mynock in engine. Bad mynock! Tried eat Bulyip. But all good now, Me an Selous back in ship! Let's get off this thing, whatever it is!" Her rattles off excitedly.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 812 posts
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 20:14
Re: 6: Reunions
"Q7, we good to spark the turbines?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 57 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 21:08
Re: 6: Reunions
"Yessir," the droid responds, clambering into the co-pilot seat.  "If you don't mind the smell of charbroiled mynock."

The droid flips some switches and checks some readouts, then nods, "On your order, Cap'n."

OOC: Selous and Bulyip, you guys make in on board without further incident.  Selous, I would recommend heading for sickbay...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 813 posts
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 21:26
Re: 6: Reunions
"Everyone watch your step, the wind is still out of control."

He dials the repulsors to clear the surface of the large beast below them, then slowly throttles up the engines.

"Shields, full spread, as soon as we're clear of the, uh, 'ground.'"
Harry Selous
 player, 727 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 22:04
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry headed to the med bay. He needed somebody to check out his injuries before he was needed again.
Arbiter
 GM, 2365 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 22:39
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
Harry headed to the med bay. He needed somebody to check out his injuries before he was needed again.

OOC: Your only medic left the crew weeks ago. ;)
But, painkillers don't need a diagnostic.

Harry Selous
 player, 728 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 23:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, after reaching the med bay, realized there was nobody on the ship to look at the damage for him, so he just grabbed a couple pain killers and popped them in to his mouth.
Arbiter
 GM, 2366 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 23:29
Re: 6: Reunions
The medication makes Selous' leg less of a "screaming world of agony" and more of a "shouting continent of suffering".  A definite improvement.  But the dislocated joint will require actual medical attention from a certified doctor at some point.

In the meantime, Roice carefully lifts the ship as Q7 toggles the shields.  The big main thrusters sputter to life, then, with a loud, belching roar (Mmm...  Vaporized mynock...) clear all obstructions and settle into normal operation.

All around, mynocks scatter, startled by the noise and motion.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 814 posts
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 16:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice slowly turns the nose back toward the wind and adds a few dozen meters of altitude, then throttles up to clear the floating beast.
Arbiter
 GM, 2367 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 14:04
Re: 6: Reunions
The Tracker rises slowly, wobbling in the storm winds, but otherwise moving smoothly.  As the ship climbs, the angle makes it impossible to see the creature (or whatever) below, until an especially strong downburst catches the ship and pitches the cockpit forward.

Visible through the clouds and haze is easily half a kilometer of dark, mottled "skin", lightning rod bumps scattered randomly across its surface.  Several are struck by lightning, each immediately set upon by mynocks as soon as the bolts disperse.

The fleeting glimpse passes as the ship levels out, and Roice is once again confronted with the seemingly endless storm.

For now, things seem relatively safe.  The lightning-attracting nature of the creature below seems to be sparing the ship from any further strikes.  And the mynocks--not having been riled by a volley of blaster fire like before--seem content to remain on the back of their giant, floating meal ticket.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 815 posts
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 22:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Anyone want to put odds on that thing having giant grabby tentacles on its underside?"

Without the creature in sight, he liberally pushes upwind to give a wide berth, then continues the descent.
Harry Selous
 player, 729 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 27 Feb 2014
at 01:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Ten to one in favor of grabby tentacles." Harry muttered as he stumbled his way toward a chair in the lounge before falling in to it and finding a spot where his leg is in the least amount of pain.
Bulyip
 player, 277 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 20:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip is grinning. Happy to be back on the ship, and for the most part, alive and well enough to keep going, he heads to the cockpit.

Certain he will be needed to act as navigator or co pilot, the Aleena hops back to his seat.

"We should get out of here, try an figure out the source of the signal for distress."
Arbiter
 GM, 2370 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 Mar 2014
at 19:55
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice steers the ship clear as Bulyip settles in the comm station and Selous tries to find a way to lie down in the lounge that doesn't result in searing pain.

Chomper isn't helping.

As the Tracker flies into the turbulent storm winds, frequent bursts of lightning within the clouds reveal that their previous landing pad isn't the only one of its kind floating amongst the clouds.  A second creature, this time visible in all its bizarreness, comes into view.  Unlike the Beldon that Selous originally drew his comparison from, these creatures are flatter, more like a gigantic, irregular organic disc hovering serenely in tempest.

As predicted by Roice and Selous, there are indeed dangling tentacles beneath the creature, but they seem to just hang passively, waving about in the wind instead of actively moving to snatch objects out of the air.  And, like the creature earlier, lightning bolts play across its upper surface, concentrating on the glowing nodes.

But this isn't a xenobiological field trip.  There's a rescue mission to mount!

OOC: Bulyip, make a MECH roll, please.
Bulyip
 player, 278 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 06:39
Re: 6: Reunions
"Whoa, we landed on one of those? What in the blue moons of Alderaan is it?"
Arbiter
 GM, 2372 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 13:54
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Bulyip
 player, 279 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 05:17
Re: 6: Reunions
Getting excited, the little Aleena works the dials, and the sense of satisfaction is clear.

"Whhaaaa hoooo! We got our beacons! Both of them. We can try and angulate them!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 816 posts
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 15:25
Re: 6: Reunions
"Good!  Starting a sweep--tell me when it peaks!"

Roice makes a sharp left, and then slowly yaws the ship back around to the right, struggling against the wind.
Arbiter
 GM, 2373 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 19:41
Re: 6: Reunions
The signals are still too distant to separate fully.  The Tracker will need to get closer to the ground to get a firmer sense of where they're being broadcast from.  Unfortunately, that will mean leaving the relative safety of the clouds for the horrendous, torrential tempest racing across the land below.

So, good luck with that!
Harry Selous
 player, 730 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 01:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry stood and tried to wrestle Chomper in to a chair with a seat belt of some kind before he sat back down to put on his own safety restraints. If they were in for another crash, he wanted to be sure he and his attack lizard got through it with as little injury as possible.


OOC - not sure if that would be an animal handling or a strength check, and also not sure if I still have -1D for being wounded after those pain meds.
Arbiter
 GM, 2375 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 04:09
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Animal handling will work.  And, yeah, -1D until you get actual medical treatment.  You're down a leg and in substantial pain.
Harry Selous
 player, 731 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 05:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Gotchya, rolled it with 2 CPs cause I figure it'll be a tough roll and want to make sure my dog is safe.

Harry Selous rolled 6 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,2,1. Animal handling.
Harry Selous rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. cp animal handling.
Harry Selous rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5. cp animal handling 2.
Total = 15

Roice Delfinn
 player, 817 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 18:29
Re: 6: Reunions
"Everyone sound off when strapped in.  Keep shields at full spread," he says as he throws a glance at Q7, "and ignore me if I suggest otherwise."
Arbiter
 GM, 2376 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 18:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous manages to get Chomper secured in an acceleration couch.  The Sandslasher gets into the seat amiably enough, but doesn't like the restraining straps at all.  It takes Harry several very stern rebukes and an even sterner punch in the skull to get Chomper to quit trying to shred the belts.

Just in time, too, as Roice starts slewing the ship around, sending Selous tumbling back to his own seat with many an exclamation of pain (and perhaps a few choice words about the pilot's parentage?).

The ship's path takes it lower into the turbulent, rain-filled atmosphere.  Flying is becoming increasingly difficult and even the roar of the engines can't drown out the concussive thunder blasts all around.

Q7 chuckles and nods at Roice, making sure the ship is surrounded by a bubble of protective energy on all sides.
Harry Selous
 player, 732 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 19:46
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry continues to curse as he straps himself in.
Arbiter
 GM, 2378 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 19:54
Re: 6: Reunions
As the Tracker descends, the two beacon signals differentiate further.  Soon Bulyip is able to report that the two signals are separated by roughly 100 kilometers, one relatively close in the middle of a large swampy area.  The second appears to be deep in the looming mountains to the north.

This second signal is the one that, earlier, had an accompanying audio broadcast.

Roice's advice to Q7 about shield distribution pays off several times as lightning wraps around the shield bubble.  Without a charge differential to follow, the bolts continue on their path to or from the ground, not lingering to blow out any more vital ship components.

But the static charge build up is playing merry hell with the sensors and communications equipment.  Much longer and the ship will be flying blind.
Bulyip
 player, 280 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 19:08
Re: 6: Reunions
Shaking from the nervous energy the Aleena has about all of this, the turbulence is making it difficult to observe the extra movement of Bulyip.

Making his own best guess, he voices his opinion, "What do ya think? Go with the audio signal? That's the repeater voice? Maybe the origin, and the other is a booster? Two groups both needing help, but using different gear? We should pick one soon before we are sensor blind."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 818 posts
Wed 26 Mar 2014
at 19:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"We can't put down in a swamp, especially in this weather.  Zero in on the other signal."
Arbiter
 GM, 2381 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 Apr 2014
at 17:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Triangulation complete, the Tracker is set on course for the more distant signal in the mountains.

The distant peaks, lit by hellish bolts of lighting dancing around their summits, loom closer in the darkness.  Updrafts making flying more and more treacherous the closer the ship gets to the mountains.

OOC: Roice, fly or die...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 819 posts
Thu 3 Apr 2014
at 20:13
Re: 6: Reunions
15:12, Thu 03 Apr 2014: Roice Delfinn rolled 26 using 6d6+3 ((2,5,6,3,3,4)).
Harry Selous
 player, 733 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Apr 2014
at 04:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry closed his eyes and clenched his fists around the safety belts that secured him to his chair. Damned air ships. every day he was more and more certain they'd be the death of him.
Arbiter
 GM, 2382 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 19:53
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice maintains control through the dangerous updrafts and windshears as the storms slam against the mountain range.

The Tracker cautiously slips in between the massive granite peaks, which rise up out of the surrounding terrain as if they were dropped in the middle of the surrounding swampy forest.

Sensors and communications clear up as the mountains serve as lightning rods, clearing some of the static out of the air.

Immediately, scanners ping on numerous detected objects that don't jibe with the surrounding stone.  Refined metals and plastics, weak electromagnetic signatures.  It's clear that you're approaching the site of a crashed spaceship.
Bulyip
 player, 281 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 04:17
Re: 6: Reunions
Jaw dropping open, Bulyip leans on the dash to get as close as he can to the window and view screens. "Looks like they crashed. How big of a debris field we have going? One ship, a bunch of escape pods? That could have been us if you didn't fly this ship so well in all of that storm and mynocks. We'd better land this thing safe, as not many others will come after us I bet."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 820 posts
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 18:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice scans the sensors and viewport for anyplace that might provide some semblance of protection from the fierce winds.

He toggles the ship intercom.  "Hey Kaara, wakey-wakey," he says loudly.  "Come see if you can make out anything of this debris."

He shuts it off and rolls his eyes.  "Can't believe she slept through the last hour."
Arbiter
 GM, 2385 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 15:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice manages to find some brief respite under a rocky overhang that cuts the turbulence down to merely "almost completely unmanageable".

Not long after his message, Zone stumbles onto the bridge.  To put it simply, she looks like poodoo.  The normally well-groomed and stylish woman is a mess.  Her hair looks like she's been sleeping in a turbine, her face is pale and devoid of its usual artful application of makeup, and her clothes are rumpled.

"Asleep?" she groans?  "How could you expect me to *urp* sleep through...  Oh gods!"

One hand clutching her stomach and the other clamping over her mouth, she runs off back down the corridor without another word.

The scanners have finished their analysis and there's a larger collection of debris not far ahead.  Enough, by the computer's best estimate, to account for most of the mass of a small ship.

It's also in that direction that the beacon signal is now pining quite strongly.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 821 posts
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 19:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice muscles the Tracker through the wind to the concentrated debris field, and looks for a place to put down.

"Harry, can you make it to the turret?  Not that there's anything down there necessarily that could shoot at us, but better safe than sorry."
Harry Selous
 player, 734 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 20:09
Re: 6: Reunions
"Sure." Harry said in to the comms, rolling his eyes and unbuckling himself, grunting in pan as he stood.

"Stay." He commanded Chomper as he began to limp his way toward the turret.
Arbiter
 GM, 2386 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 16:50
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Poor Selous.  Boy, I bet you wish that Tactical station was done, huh? ;)

As Harry limps laboriously towards the gunwells, Roice tries to find a place to park the 45-meter freighter.  Fortunately, the other ship crashed in a broad gully, probably as a last ditch attempt on the part of the pilot to wind up somewhere they could be found and rescued.

Roice is able to bring the Tracker down a few dozen meters from the crash site.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 822 posts
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 16:57
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice unbuckles.  "Keep scanning," he says to Q7.  "Bul, you're with me."

He goes toward the loading ramp.  "We've landed, if you noticed," he shouts to Kaara.  "Feeling up to some fresh air?"

He unlocks the munitions locker at the top of the ramp, and gets out his personal ST2.  He tosses a holdout pistol to Bulyip.

Thinking twice, he grabs a polymer poncho and throws it over his head.  He toggles his earpiece.

"Radio check."
Harry Selous
 player, 735 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 17:18
Re: 6: Reunions
"Check", Harry confirmed, finally strapping himself in to the turret, "I'd probably be of better use out there with my X45 than in here on the turret." He added, despite knowing that would require him to get up again and limp around the ship some more.
Bulyip
 player, 282 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 18 Apr 2014
at 19:33
Re: 6: Reunions
Catching the blaster, the Aleena is happy to tuck it into his belt as he joins Roice for another excursion outside of the ship. Seeing the poncho pulled out by Roice, Bulyip copies the man, and grabs one for himself. He even copies the same mannerisms of Roice in fixing the poncho in place, and rushing to walk beside him. The shorter Aleena needs to hurriedly move his legs in order to keep pace.

"Loud and Clear!" Bulyip replies to Roice, though doesn't use the radio, just speaking beside the man.

"Let's go and check this out. I wonder how long that has been here broadcasting?"
Arbiter
 GM, 2393 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 22 Apr 2014
at 13:43
Re: 6: Reunions
Everyone as ready as they're going to be, Roice lowers the Tracker's ramp.  Before it's even all the way down, the Hapan and the Aleena are assaulted by wet, stinging gusts of rain-laden air lashing into this new, unexplored territory.  It's a good thing both thought to put on ponchos as their exposed faces are almost instantly soaking wet.

Nothing for it but to go, Roice and Bulyip head carefully down the now-wet ramp while Selous covers them from the ship's ventral turret.  Outside of the aura of the ship's landing lights it's practically pitch black outside--even though time-wise it's midday--only the flashing lightning illuminating further out.

A large, dark mound--the shattered remains of a small freighter--lies ahead, a trail of debris leading from the Tracker's landing site to the cracked, torn hull.
Bulyip
 player, 285 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 24 Apr 2014
at 03:35
Re: 6: Reunions
Walking forward, Bulyip comments, "Lightning looks bad. Maybe we should bring one of them droid's along act as a lightning rod."

Taking a step onto the ground, he tests to see just how solid it is before letting his full weight down on the surface.

Calling out as he advances towards the freighter mound, Bulyip offers, "We here for helping! Any survivors need helping?!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 823 posts
Thu 24 Apr 2014
at 21:25
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice pauses at the top of the ramp and looks out at the dark terrain.

"Uh...  Hang on."

He turns and trots back to the supplies locker and grabs a pair of glowrods.  He fixes one to his collar, and the other to the barrel of the rifle, then turns them both on.

He grabs another and brings it to Bulyip.
Harry Selous
 player, 738 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 24 Apr 2014
at 22:53
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry, without orders to do otherwise, remained in the turret, looking out over the top of the ship and scanning in all directions, hoping not to get caught unawares.
Arbiter
 GM, 2397 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 16:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Now with some light to guide their way, Roice and Bulyip head out towards the wreckage.

Things become intolerably miserable almost instantly.  The rain is ice cold and both are soaked to the bone despite the ponchos.  The glowrods were a very good idea, because visibility drops to virtually nothing once the pair is outside the radius of the Tracker's landing lights.

Footing is treacherous from rubble and shattered ship components, further hindering travel.  But eventually Roice and Bulyip get to what's left of the other ship.

OOC: Roll Search to locate a way inside.  It's kind of a mess...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 824 posts
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 20:45
Re: 6: Reunions

28 total

15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. Wild die 3.
15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. Wild die 2.
15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. Wild die.
15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 14 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,1,5,2. Search check.

Bulyip
 player, 286 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 01:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip is busy with looking as well. He doesn't mind the darkness all that much. He thinks in a pinch, he'll turn off the glow rod, and hide in the many numerous shadows and dark crevices if need be.
Arbiter
 GM, 2399 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 1 May 2014
at 14:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice and Bulyip manage to locate a half-open hatch on the ship's ventral surface--easily accessible since the craft is half-buried in the ground from its crash.  With a bit of effort they pry it open, exposing the near pitch black--but dry--ship interior below.

A quick scramble down the hatch's access ladder and they're inside, glowrods illuminating a battered, off-kilter corridor.
Harry Selous
 player, 739 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 1 May 2014
at 15:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry squinted in to the rain and the darkness and realized there was no way he was going to spot anything before it was on the pair outside.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,2,1. perception check.
And that's with me forgetting to subtract 1D for being messed up. I guess the actual total would be a 4

This message was last edited by the player at 15:26, Thu 01 May 2014.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 825 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 20:24
Re: 6: Reunions
"Q7, can you scan for any power signatures?  We're sort of in the dark here."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 58 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 1 May 2014
at 20:41
Re: 6: Reunions
"Ship's dead, Cap'n," the droid replies after a moment.  "Only reason we picked it up is because it's not made of local stuff, so it carries a different EM signature.  I'm not even getting reactor glow. Good salvage, though.  If the guy that called us earlier is dead now, we should mark a claim.  Make a lot of cash off a wreck like this."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 826 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:07
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice toggles the voice-activated broadcast.  "I'd rather not get lost in here.  I'm going to narrate our progress, start a recording."

He shines the light up and down both sides of the corridor.  "Any guess as to which way is the front?"
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 43 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Surprisingly, Kaara's voice replies over the comm.  "Delfinn, Captain Munb's ship is a Nella 342.  Don't know if that helps you figure out what's where."
Harry Selous
 player, 740 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:28
Re: 6: Reunions
"Chatterbox..." Harry said. keeping his eyes on the animal as it sauntered away.Afterward he unstrapped himself and started climbing out of the turret, "Are the access ramps and hatches all closed?"

When he managed to stumble out of the turret he made for the ramp that Roice and Bulyip had left from, grabbing Bola's pistol and keeping it ready in case any of the creatures were inside.

"Cap, watch your backs. There's some kind of predator out there with you, and they do not look friendly or stupid." He said in to the comms as he moved, "Kaara, get a gun or something and keep your eyes open. I'm not sure if these things are on the ship or not."


OOC - I'm assuming that Harry keeps Bola's pistol on him at all times, especially on an alien planet full of unknowns.
Arbiter
 GM, 2401 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 1 May 2014
at 22:29
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Nobody's heard a peep from Chatterbox since the lightning strike.
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 44 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 23:40
Re: 6: Reunions
Hearing the commotion cause by Selous hobbling his injured self across the ship, Zone pops out of the cockpit.  "What's going on?" she asks.  "What's this about predators?"
Harry Selous
 player, 742 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 3 May 2014
at 05:19
Re: 6: Reunions
"Big harry Fracking Dog things with nasty big pointy teeth." Harry called back as he continued making his way toward the ramp, one ear open to see if he could hear Chomper making any noises, "Just get a gun and keep an eye open."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 827 posts
Sat 3 May 2014
at 15:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Royce curses in Hapani, and switches off the light on his rifle.  He takes the other glowrod and sets it on the deck floor, shining down the corridor away from them.

He backs up a few meters the other direction, and kneels, the rifle at the ready, looking back down the corridor in the same direction as the rod he left on the floor.

"Keep your light pointed behind me, and keep your eyes open for any movement," he whispers to Bulyip.
Arbiter
 GM, 2409 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 May 2014
at 19:16
Re: 6: Reunions
The ship seems dead and empty.  The corridor runs left to right, leading to the cockpit on the left, and deeper into the cargo area/engine room on the right.

---------------------------------

Selous approaches the ramp.  Chomper is waiting there for him, tattered shreds of restraining harness hanging around the reptomammal's neck.  He's glaring at the closed ramp, body tense, uttering the high-pitched gurgling noise you've come to recognize as the sand slasher's equivalent of a growl.

Chomper spares a quick glance at the hunter, and it doesn't take a protocol droid to translate the animal's thoughts.  Open this thing up now, there's stuff out there for me to kill!

"Hey," Zone calls down from the gangway, not daring to come down and get close enough to be within Chomper's reach, "Are you going out there?  You can't be serious!"
Harry Selous
 player, 743 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 9 May 2014
at 19:51
Re: 6: Reunions
"Of course I'm not going out there!" Harry called back as he grabbed a length of chain and began trying to use it to get Chomper back toward his bunk, "I just wanted to make sure the ramp was closed and none of those things were in here. See if you can run any scans for life signs in the area so we can get a count of the hostiles."
Arbiter
 GM, 2412 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 May 2014
at 17:31
Re: 6: Reunions
There's nothing handy for collaring the agitated sand slasher.  And, honestly, you know better than to get in his business when he's like this.  Best just to leave him pacing at the ramp for now until he either calms down or you see the need to let him loose to eat something's face.

From her perch up on the gangway, Zone gripes, "I don't know how to run any of that spizz!  I can barely fly one of these ships, I sure as hell am not up to doing all that 'space explorer' holo-vid 'to boldly go' nonsense.  Don't you people have droids for that sort of thing?  What happened to that one that always yaps through the speakers?"
Harry Selous
 player, 744 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 12 May 2014
at 19:39
Re: 6: Reunions
"Well," Harry said with a shrug, giving up on trying to control Chomper, "We got struck by lightning and I haven't heard a peep since, so he's either dead, or experiencing a computer version of a drug trip."

Harry turned and headed back up toward the bridge.

"You stay here and keep an eye on Chomper and shout if those things start bashing on the hull. I'll go check the scanners."
Arbiter
 GM, 2417 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 13 May 2014
at 16:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Zone doesn't reply with words, but she nods, while staring nervously at Chomper.  She draws her blaster pistol and holds it loosely in her hand.

"What?" she says defensively as Selous passes her, "It's on stun."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 828 posts
Tue 13 May 2014
at 17:51
Re: 6: Reunions
"There's no movement in here," Roice says quietly.  "We're going to sit tight for a few minutes.  Advise on the situation when you can."
Harry Selous
 player, 745 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 13 May 2014
at 18:24
Re: 6: Reunions
"You gotta do what you gotta do, but if the ones out there get in, you'll be glad if Chomp is awake and kicking, so to speak." Harry said to Zone as he passed before keying up his comm, "Will do boss. Not sure where they went, but if they aren't on your trail I'd be surprised."
Arbiter
 GM, 2422 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 May 2014
at 20:39
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Bulyip
 player, 287 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 15:23
Re: 6: Reunions
- GM POST -

Bulyip tugs on Roice's sleeve and points down the corridor in the direction of the cargo bay.  "Heard something," he stage whispers.  "Maybe a groan?  Maybe someone hurt?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 829 posts
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 19:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright, slowly and carefully."

Roice turns his rifle's light back on and reverses direction, looking down the corridor where Bulyip pointed.

"Go pick up my other glowrod," he says, motioning over his shoulder with this chin, but keeping his eye on the illuminated hallway.
Arbiter
 GM, 2429 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 16:17
Re: 6: Reunions
The Aleena scurries back to retrieve the glowrod.

Roice, focusing in the direction of the hold, now hears something.  Not a groan, but a weak, rhythmic thumping on what sounds like hollow metal.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 830 posts
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 21:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice rises to his feet and slowly moves in the direction of the noise, scanning the hallway as he walks.

"I've got some sort of a noise in here," he says quietly over the comm.  "Going to investigate, standby."
Harry Selous
 player, 746 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 01:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry sat down at the sensor station on the bridge and rolled his eyes as he plugged away at the console in a manner that he felt sure as ineffectual.

"I don't know how to run any of that Spizz." He said, mimicking Zone's refusal to do it earlier. As if he, the professional hunter, turned prisoner, turned slave labor, turned kidnapper, turned would be rescuer, had ever had the chance or need to operate a complex sensor system.
Arbiter
 GM, 2434 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 17:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Despite much head-scratching and random button pressing, Selous is able to get the sensors configured to register life sign readings in the immediate vicinity.

The storm is still playing merry hell with readings, but amongst all the noise he picks up a group of blips moving with purpose towards the crashed ship.  Six...  No, Eight?  Wait, maybe four?  There's too much interference to tell exactly.

------------------------------------

Inside the ship, Roice heads carefully to the cargo bay.  The large open space is canted at an angle, the ceiling torn open in several places and open to the sky.

It's dark except for the light provided by random flashes of lightning.  Rain streams down from the holes in the roof, splattering on the deckplates below.

Large, bulky storage tanks are scattered across the deck, having broken free of their restraints in the crash.

Roice follows the sound, only to discover that it's being created by a loose strap buckle swinging in the wind, banging rhythmically against the side of the battered, dented tank.
Harry Selous
 player, 747 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 20:45
Re: 6: Reunions
"Boss, you definitly have a group of these things comin at ya. No clue on the numbers though, these sensors are completely frelled." Harry called in to his comm as he started at the flickering lights on the screen.

He could step outside to help, and he and chomper might even take down a couple of the things, but with no way of knowing how smart they were, or how many of them were just waiting outside the ship, that activity could range anywhere from a walk in the park to suicide.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 831 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 21:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice curses, and grabs the glowrod from Bulyip.  "Get back, hide, don't make a sound!" he hisses.

He quickly moves up to the hanging strap, and ties it around the glowrod, then lets it go so it swings in the breeze.

He then powers off the glowrod on his rifle, and goes to take position in the corner of the bay.
Arbiter
 GM, 2447 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 14:52
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice gets into position just in the nick of time.  Almost before he's managed to hide, a shadow blocks the flashing lightning from outside.  The shadow disappears as quickly as it appeared, the soft *thump* of a heavy body landing on the deck below audible above the noise of falling water and thunder.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 832 posts
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 15:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice kneels and sights in on the hanging glowrod with his rifle scope.  He flips the barrel to stun setting.
Arbiter
 GM, 2451 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 25 Jun 2014
at 22:06
Re: 6: Reunions
In the dim light of the glowrod, Roice spots a dark, hulking figure moving slowly through the derelict cargo bay.  The creature is moving cautiously, sniffing the air.  The movement of the glowrod catches its attention and it sidles over.

In the light its easier to see the large, muscular frame and shaggy, wet black coat of the large predator.  It's also easier to see the rows of wickedly sharp carnivorous teeth in its muzzle as it snarls in puzzled confusion at the swaying light.

The predator sniffs the light, knocking it swinging with its snout, then pauses.

It starts sniffing the air again, its snout slowly turning in the direction Roice is currently hiding.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 833 posts
Wed 25 Jun 2014
at 22:28
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice exhales and lets off two quick shots in succession.

Shot 1
17:24, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. and again.
17:24, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. and again.
17:23, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. and +1 CP.
17:23, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 17 using 5d6+1 with rolls of 1,6,4,3,2. Shot #1.

Shot 2
17:25, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 10 using 4d6+1 with rolls of 1,1,6,1. Shot #2.
>.<  Not even going to bother wasting a CP on that one.
Arbiter
 GM, 2452 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 25 Jun 2014
at 22:44
Re: 6: Reunions
The first shot catches the predator by surprise, the blue stun bolt striking it in the ribs.  The predator roars, a sound more of indignation than pain and shakes its shaggy head.

But it doesn't go down.

It completes its turn as Roice fires a second shot, but a sudden flash of lightning causes him to blink and jerk involuntarily, the shot going wide.

The creature glares at Roice with blood-red, hate-filled eyes (you just made a big, toothy thing very mad at you) and roars again, this time loud enough to leave the Hapani's ears ringing.

That's not the bad part, though.

It's the several roars from outside the ship that rise up in reply, that's the bad part.

The creature doesn't charge directly at Roice, instead slowly stalking back and forth, glaring at him with frightfully intelligent eyes.  He can't help but feel like he's being sized up and scrutinized by something that is by no means just a dumb animal.
Harry Selous
 player, 749 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 15:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry watched the sensors for a bit longer, then decided the best course of action was to go back in to the turret. He began to hobble his way toward the weapons system as quick as he could.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 834 posts
Thu 3 Jul 2014
at 17:02
Re: 6: Reunions
"Bulyip...  RUN."

Roice pushes up from his kneeling position and makes a break for the door.
Arbiter
 GM, 2457 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 Jul 2014
at 17:19
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Make a Running check, por favor
Roice Delfinn
 player, 835 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 01:54
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice makes a determined dash for the door he came in, rushing in the direction he came from (toward the fore of the ship).

20:53, Mon 14 July 2014: Roice Delfinn rolled 11 using 3d6+1 ((4,3,3)).
Arbiter
 GM, 2470 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 16:39
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice makes a break for it, hurtling headlong back down the corridor, towards the cockpit and away from the cargo bay.

The sudden, fleeing movement triggers the big predator's prey response and it come barreling after the Hapani, roaring angrily as it pursues.

Roice has no choice but to keep running straight as the burly but surprisingly swift creature closes ground rapidly.  At the last second, as he's contemplating what it will feel like to run face first into a sealed hatch shortly before being eviscerated and devoured while still kicking and screaming, the cockpit hatch opens just wide enough for a hand to reach out, grab him but he shoulder, and haul him inside.

"You call 'dis a rescue?" Roice's savior grouses in a thick Sullustan accent.

-----------------------------------------

Selous is in the process of hobbling back out of the cockpit when the passive sensors sound an alert.  Something's piqued their interest.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:24, Mon 21 July 2014.

Harry Selous
 player, 753 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 17:04
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry rolls his eyes and hobbles back in to the cock pit.

"Spaceships." he mutters under his breath.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 836 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 17:23
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice leans backwards onto the bulkhead, out of breath.

"No, I call it wandering around aimlessly until we find something interesting."

He turns on his glowrod and looks around the cockpit.
Garret Haskel
 player, 1025 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 17:30
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: impersonates C-3PO until someone tells me how I got here.
Arbiter
 GM, 2478 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 23:05
Re: 6: Reunions
Outside the cockpit of the downed spaceship, there's the tooth-itching squeal of razor-sharp claws on metal following by loud snuffling sounds as the creature outside probes at the sealed hatch.

"Don' worry," the Sullustan says, flopping down into the pilot's seat with a grimace as he grabs involuntarily at his crudely splinted and slinged right arm.  "'Dey don' know how ta get in here.  Smart monstahs, but dey can' figger out a door knob," he chuckles, tiredly, "at least so far..."

He looks Roice up and down with a slightly disapproving, skeptical eye.  "You mus' be dat Delfinn boy, huh?  Kaara, she don' nevah shut up about you.  Can't tell if she wants yah dead or is plannin' on marryin' yah.  Sien Munb," he says by way of introduction.  "former captain of th' former For Want Of A Nail.  Am I right in assumin' yah brought a ship?"

-----------------------------------------------

As he mentally calculates the sheer number of kilometers he's logged wandering back and forth between the turret and the bridge, Selous is stopped by Zone (who's still carrying her blaster).  "Hey," she says, tense, "I thought I heard some more noise out on the upper hull.  You think there are more of those things out there?"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 12:57, Wed 30 July 2014.

Harry Selous
 player, 754 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 01:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Probably. The sensors picked something up as well. I'm gonna look at those. Pop in to the turret and see if you can spot anything." Harry said as he continued toward the cockpit.
Arbiter
 GM, 2482 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 13:00
Re: 6: Reunions
Zone nods and heads for the turret while Selous limps back to the cockpit.  The sensor screen is showing a rapidly approaching blip, mechanical, not organic.  Looks to be about the size of a small aircraft or a large speeder.  Storm interference makes anything more definitive hard to tell.
Harry Selous
 player, 755 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 14:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry rolls his eyes as more unknown variables show up. Hopefully it's friends, but he doubts it.

"Boss, if you're still alive out there, we've got a vehicle of some kind incoming." He calls in to his comm.
Arbiter
 GM, 2490 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 18:47
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous sends out his message and notices as he does that a secondary comm channel seems to be open and active.
Harry Selous
 player, 756 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 22:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Incoming aircraft," Harry calls in to the second comm channel, "identify yourself or prepare to be fired upon."
Arbiter
 GM, 2493 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 00:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Against all expectations, Selous receives an answer.  Static-filled and broken by interference, but an answer none the less.

"How--! --Warning before shooting!  Hello -- crew of the -- ship.  My name--!  I hear you -- pesky varmints--.  -- like us to deal with -- you?"
Harry Selous
 player, 757 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 02:53
Re: 6: Reunions
"Your transmission is garbled. If you asked if we wanted you to get rid of the ape creatures than the answer is yes." Harry calls in to the comms.

Harry leans back in his seat and rubs the bridge of his nose. For all he knew the question was 'would you like us to deal with you?' Which would have been a crappy question to say yes to.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 837 posts
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 17:23
Re: 6: Reunions
"Well, I wanted to walk, but Kaara insisted on flying.  We've been all over this damn system in the past weeks looking for... anything."

He reaches into his satchel and tosses the Sullistan a medpack.  "Glad we finally found something.  What's the story?"
Arbiter
 GM, 2496 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 01:17
Re: 6: Reunions
"Heh," Munb chuckles as he cracks open the medkit and grabs some painkillers.  "We were onna water run, you probably know the details from Kaara, yes?  I got cocky, thought I'd try to pull a Gambit and get rid of some competition.  Outta nowhere, a full-blown ISD shows up an' starts shootin'!  We barely made it outta there in one piece.  I tried ta get us to a safe world, but m' jump was off--I was havin' a bad day--an' we popped out here, hundreds of lightyears off course, middle of nowhere.  Didn't know it at the time, but the lateral power couplin's were ready ta blow.  Gettin' yanked outta hyperspace by 'dis place's mass shadow was too much for 'em.  Power system blew an' it was all I could do to get the ship down in relatively few pieces.  Had 'da others hit the lifepods while I rode 'er down to the ground.  I'm honestly surprised I survived!

"Aftah that, I just tried to survive.  Took me weeks ta get enough wiring patched ta get 'da comms working.  Woulda been fastah, but," he gestures towards the door, "'Dey've been stalkin' me since almost the day I crashed.  Damn monstahs!  Luckily, 'dey're nocturnal.  'Dey avoid bright lights.  Or, at least 'dey did.  Damn smart creatures stopped bein' scared of my spotlight after a few days.  'Dey actually figured out to go where the light was, because that's where I was.  So, nighttime, I lock 'da door an' wait for 'dem to leave." The injured Sullustan blows an exasperated sigh, "I t'ink 'dey're playin' a game wit' me at 'dis point..."

He visibly relaxes as the painkillers start to take effect.  "'Da others?" he asks.  "Ya foun' 'dem yet?  Heard anything?  I noticed another transponder signal 'day matched my beacon, figgered it was 'dem."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 838 posts
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 17:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice shakes his head.  "We pinged it, but the weather was bad, and it was safer to put down here first.  Does the wind ever let up?"
Arbiter
 GM, 2497 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 20:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Captain Munb shakes his head, "Not 'dat I've seen.  Planet's a hellhole, Delfinn.  Nuthin' but bad weather and bad attitudes.  No wonder nobody lives here."

There's a loud thud and scratching sound against the hatch.

"Go suck onna Hutt, ya sleemo!" Munb shouts, which elicits a series of frenzied scratching and snarling that lasts for almost a minute before the creature on the other side gives up again.

"One time one 'a 'dem damn monsters actually slept against the hatch.  Almost voided my tanks when I opened it in 'da mornin' and stepped right on 'im.  Damn monsters..."
Arbiter
 GM, 2499 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 22:34
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous: Despite the storm's best attempt to interfere with the reply from the inbound vehicle, you get two things: 1) They agree that yes, their aim is to help, and b) Chatterbox apparently would like to be repaired.
Harry Selous
 player, 758 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 22:53
Re: 6: Reunions
"Thank you very much." Harry says in to the comm before leaning back in his chair.

"Of course you'd like to be repaired chatterbox." He says aloud, "but it's not as if we can really do that at the moment."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 59 posts
 Beedle boop!
Sat 16 Aug 2014
at 22:59
Re: 6: Reunions
"What was that about a repair?" Q7 asks, sticking his beaky face into the bridge.  "I was just coming up to ask if you were noticing any system irregularities.  Did you find something?"
Harry Selous
 player, 759 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 17 Aug 2014
at 00:06
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry turned to Q7, "Yeah, chatterbox wants to talk again. Is that a problem that doesn't require you to leave the ship or buy new parts?" He asks the droid.
Arbiter
 GM, 2501 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 17 Aug 2014
at 15:01
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous: That incoming vehicle is getting pretty close now.  Are you going to let them land or start shooting?  Might want to let them know.  Maybe hitch a ride?

"It has been kinda quiet around here lately, hasn't it?  I've been so busy patching up all the stuff blown out by the lightning strike that I kinda forgot about CB.  Oh man, he's gonna be mad!"

It's hard to tell due to the fairly flat tone of the battle droid's vocoder if Q7 sounds concerned or is gloating.

"I'll go down to the engine room and run some diagnostics.  Could take a while.  Hours, or even days..."

Gloating.  He's definitely gloating.
Harry Selous
 player, 760 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 17 Aug 2014
at 16:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Do what you can." Harry says, standing from his chair. Once again he began hobbling toward the cargo hold. He'd need to chain up chomper if they were having guests.

"Land your ship close to ours if you can manage. I've got no clue how many of those creatures are out there, and the less time we expose ourselves the better." He calls in to the comm to the other ship.

Harry paused at the ladder to the turret that Zone was supposed to be in. "There's a ship incoming. Let it land and wait for my signal in case we need to blast it."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 839 posts
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 00:28
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright, well, gather your..."  He looks around the ragged room.  "...Gear, and we'll arrange some sort of distraction to give us a minute to make it to the ship."

He toggles his radio and transmits to Harry.  "Hey Deck, how's the weather?  I've got a survivor in here."
Harry Selous
 player, 761 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 19 Aug 2014
at 03:08
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry switches comm channels and replies to Roice, "the incoming vessel seems to want to help. I've got no clue who they are, but were just waiting for them to land so I can get more details about the plan. Zone is in the turret, so if it's that bounty hunter or Imps than we'll deal with it."
Arbiter
 GM, 2510 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 11 Sep 2014
at 22:41
Re: 6: Reunions
The speeder slowly approaches the parked Tracker, coming to land a short distance away.  There's no outward sign that anyone inside is intending anything hostile.  The cargo speeder doesn't even have any visible external weaponry.
Harry Selous
 player, 762 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 12 Sep 2014
at 04:45
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry checks to make sure Chomper is locked securely in his bunk. Once that was done, he commed the unknown vehicle outside.

"Hey speeder, you got any idea if the immediate area outside is safe? I'd hate to step out to talk and get eaten by those nasty predators." He said, hoping the interference would be cut down a bit now that the speeder was so close to him.
Dackson Kulname
 player, 250 posts
 Arm Ripped Off By Wookie,
 All I Got Was A T-Shirt.
Fri 12 Sep 2014
at 05:01
Re: 6: Reunions
   Dackson shares  Harry's hopes, if not their optimism. "Well, it looks safe.  But so far that has meant the dangerous stuff is just waiting for you.  I'm expecting those creatures you mentioned to show up once we are halfway to the ship."
Harry Selous
 player, 763 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 13 Sep 2014
at 21:30
Re: 6: Reunions
"As long as we can open and shut the hatch to this ship before that." Harry replies on the comm.

"Karaa, I'm going out! Come close the door behind me!" He shouts up in to the ship as he makes his way to the ramp, grabbing two thermal detonators, Bola's pistol, and one of the Storm Trooper 2 rifles. He had a feeling his new sniper wouldn't be much good to him on this planet.
Gurlack
 player, 255 posts
 Saurton Muscle
 Lord of the Spidermen
Sun 14 Sep 2014
at 01:59
Re: 6: Reunions
Gurlack continued sleeping, covering his earhole with an arm and grumbling. He yawned, sitting up and stretching a bit.

"Hm. Some storm, eh?"
Maverick
 player, 281 posts
 Master of Stealth
 Holder of Grudges
Mon 15 Sep 2014
at 07:28
Re: 6: Reunions
Maverick just got ready to bolt. He's in no mood to fight monsters unless they can actually die. Should he find out Harry has thermals, the man may become a new close friend of Maverick's.
Arbiter
 GM, 2512 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 16 Sep 2014
at 02:21
Re: 6: Reunions
The ramp on the YV-100 lowers, floodlights kicking on to illuminate the underside of the ship and streak out into the pouring rain beyond.

A scruffy-looking human comes limping down as the ramp descends, by the grimace on his face and the way he's moving, it's clear that one of his legs pains him, badly.

[Shall I open the outer hatch?] DD chirps, her manipulator moving to hover over the door control.

OOC: Heh.  Selous is "scruffy looking"... ;D
Harry Selous
 player, 764 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 16 Sep 2014
at 03:02
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry limps toward the vehicle, Bola's blaster at the ready in case any of those creatures decided to take the chance and jump him while he was exposed.
Mittens
 player, 331 posts
Tue 16 Sep 2014
at 05:11
Re: 6: Reunions
"Absolutely, DD!" Mits says, "Let's not dally!  Dangerous storm and monsters about.  Gurlack if you would be so kind as to carry DD when the door opens, please.  I'm expecting the terrain to be astromech unfriendly."
Arbiter
 GM, 2517 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 17 Sep 2014
at 15:04
Re: 6: Reunions
The cargo speeder's back hatch lowers, the light from inside streaking out to mingle with the Tracker's floodlights.

Several figures shift around inside, but no shots fired.

Yet.
Harry Selous
 player, 766 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 17 Sep 2014
at 16:39
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry wobbles up the hatch, "I'm comin in." he calls as he approaches.
Maverick
 player, 282 posts
 Master of Stealth
 Holder of Grudges
Wed 17 Sep 2014
at 16:43
Re: 6: Reunions
Maverick's readied action activates! Well OK, so he thought better of running outside because he heard the rescuers are trigger happy. He simply walks down to Harry, looking up at him once they are closer. The boy can't be any older than 10. He is currently wearing a cloak to cover himself entirely. Well, except his face.
Mittens
 player, 332 posts
Wed 17 Sep 2014
at 21:24
Re: 6: Reunions
"Just securing our droid for transport!" Mits hollers out to Harry.

The armored soldier walks down the ramp carefully, watching from behind her helmet's visor for any sign of hostiles.  She's holding her rifle in a modified low ready position.

"Formerly Private First Class Mittens at your service," she reports to Harry, "High likelihood your hostiles are energy resistant.  I'll be switching to vibroblade if they get within cutting distance."
Harry Selous
 player, 767 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 18 Sep 2014
at 00:55
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry stops and frowns as the young boy steps out of the vehicle. He keeps frowning as he looks toward Mittens.

"Harry Selous." He speaks by way if introduction, "Energy resistant? Beautiful.  Got an extra blade?"

He turns toward the young boy, still frowning, "I guess you aughta get on board the Tracker and hang tight till we get back. Don't go in my bunk."
Gurlack
 player, 256 posts
 Saurton Muscle
 Lord of the Spidermen
Thu 18 Sep 2014
at 12:30
Re: 6: Reunions
Gurlack, six feet tall and nearly as wide, picked up the droid with little effort. He looked down the hatch, hoping there weren't spiders or pixies or something worse. He started down behind Mittens, sure to keep an eye on Maverick- predators would go straight for the poor kid, and dangit, that was not going to fly.

"Hi there, I'm Gurlack, and this is DD, Mittens, Maverick, and Dackson. I should warn you about the spiders I guess, but they're a decent enough sort when you get to know them. One of them gave me some handicrafts made of bones from their prey."
Dackson Kulname
 player, 251 posts
 Arm Ripped Off By Wookie,
 All I Got Was A T-Shirt.
Fri 19 Sep 2014
at 01:08
Re: 6: Reunions
  The guy in the less impressive combat jumpsuit follows along,  "Stunning the spider people lasts all of thirty seconds before it wears off."  That's a gross exaggeration, it was at least 75 seconds.

  "This is likely too much to hope for, but have you found anyone else?  The captain of the ship went down with it to give us more time."
Harry Selous
 player, 768 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 19 Sep 2014
at 14:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry rubs the bridge of his nose before replying, "our captain found somebody, but they're surrounded and trapped. The thing is, I havnt even seen any spiders. I've been worrying about the large, gorilla/dog pack predators that tried to jump us earlier."

He turned toward Roice's location, "If I could be so bold as to suggest taking your speeder to the crash site, our landing didn't go all that smoothly."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:02, Fri 19 Sept 2014.

Arbiter
 GM, 2518 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 19 Sep 2014
at 14:42
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Selous, you're walking on a dislocated hip.  Hobbling up and down ship ramps is one thing.  But you're not making the walk from the Tracker to the crash site on foot, even if it is relatively close by.

I recommend taking the van.


This message was last edited by the GM at 14:24, Thu 09 Oct 2014.

Mittens
 player, 333 posts
Sun 21 Sep 2014
at 01:23
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Due to RL, Maverick unable to post.  So posting this for him with his permission:

Maverick just nods to Harry. The boy isn't frowning, just has a cold look about him. He looks at the others then back to Harry. Maverick is clearly not one to talk. For now, at least, he stays quiet.



"Huah!" Mittens cheers, pumping her fist, "Mittens had a feeling Cap'm Munb survived!  Sorry, I don't have a spare blade.  As for attempting a rescue among hostile monsters, might I suggest that unless your friend and Munb are in any immediate danger that we do the sane thing and we wait till the monsters wear themselves out....

"Ah who am I kidding?!  I can't wait to get started kicking this planet's tail!  Sure!  We can all go in this speeder!"

She turns to Mav.  "If you want to sit this one out, or come along, I'll understand."
Dackson Kulname
 player, 252 posts
 Arm Ripped Off By Wookie,
 All I Got Was A T-Shirt.
Wed 24 Sep 2014
at 02:06
Re: 6: Reunions
  "As much as I would like to suggest Maverick stay behind with ship mounted guns between him and wildlife, I think by now we are all in agreement that splitting up more than has already happened is not a good thing."
Gurlack
 player, 258 posts
 Saurton Muscle
 Lord of the Spidermen
Wed 24 Sep 2014
at 17:18
Re: 6: Reunions
"I, for one, vote we use the Speeder to rescue Munb, run over as many things as possible, and try to set the planet ablaze from orbit."

He glared at the environs.

"It's the only way to be sure."
Maverick
 player, 283 posts
 Master of Stealth
 Holder of Grudges
Thu 25 Sep 2014
at 07:05
Re: 6: Reunions
Maverick nods to Dackson. "Yeah. I'm coming with."
Arbiter
 GM, 2530 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 14:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Decision made, Selous joins the group in the cargo speeder.

The droid in the driver's seat (a model of astromech Selous has never seen before) tootles something to itself as it closes the hatch and lifts slowly and carefully back into the torrential rain and tearing winds ripping through the canyon.

[I have a lock on the distress beacon,] the droid says to those who can translate Binary.  [With this windshear, we will take approximately 10 minutes to reach our destination.]

The speeder bucks suddenly, lurching to one side and dropping several meters before righting itself.

[Make that 12 minutes...]
Chatterbox
 NPC, 110 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 14:32
Re: 6: Reunions
"Is that Mr. Selous?" Chatterbox's voice pipes in over the speeder's comm speaker.
Harry Selous
 player, 770 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 16:13
Re: 6: Reunions
"Hey CB, yeah it's me. There's a few folks here that, as far as I can tell, must have been on the ship Roice is at now when it crashed." Harry calls in to his comm before having a thought and turning to the people inside the speeder.

"Hey, any of you guys know anything about a twi'lek mechanic?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 111 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 16:29
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry Selous:
"Hey CB, yeah it's me. There's a few folks here that, as far as I can tell, must have been on the ship Roice is at now when it crashed." Harry calls in to his comm before having a thought and turning to the people inside the speeder.

"Ah," the droid brain replies, tone miffed.  "Would one of you please inform Mr. Selous that I am not speaking to him?  Thank you."
Harry Selous
 player, 771 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 19:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry frowns at the ship's statement. He isn't sure what he did to bother Chatter box, but he shrugs and replies, "Suit yourself CB. I'll let you know when we save Roice and are headed back to the ship."

He couldn't be bothered with a childish computer program right now. He was wounded, outside of the ship, and surrounded by strangers and predatory animals. He had far more to occupy his time at the moment.
Dackson Kulname
 player, 253 posts
 Arm Ripped Off By Wookie,
 All I Got Was A T-Shirt.
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 21:50
Re: 6: Reunions
  "Miss Agial'ili, unfortunately seems to have gone crazy and locked herself in a laboratory convinced the fate of the galaxy is involved.  We did not want to end up hurting her trying to blast our way inside with what little explosives Mittens has left, and we did not even discover speeder was stashed away the whole ******* time we were there until we promised not to bother her."  Dackson! Language!  That's highly unprofessional.

 He doesn't bring up the fact the lab is possibly haunted, or apparently used to create cannibal spider people.
Arbiter
 GM, 2531 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Oct 2014
at 13:07
Re: 6: Reunions
[I have already apologized for that, Mr. Kulname,] the astromech bleeps, a tad indignantly.  [I was under orders, and I cannot violate my programming.  Perhaps if someone had done more for the two weeks they were stuck in the facility than sleep and eat our food, they might have discovered the hangar sooner...]

This is the sassiest T1-DD has been since you met her.  It's quite possible that trying to pilot the speeder in the storm might be frazzling her circuits a trifle.

OOC: Or she's just sick of everyone's complaining. ^_-

You'll be arriving soon, so get out your exposition now.  There'll be things to shoot (yes, Selous, you finally get to shoot things) when you land. ;)

Maverick
 player, 285 posts
 Master of Stealth
 Holder of Grudges
Fri 10 Oct 2014
at 23:15
Re: 6: Reunions
Maverick looks to DD. In a soft tone, Maverick says, "It is not you who needs to apologize, DD. Don't take Dackson's anger personally."

He looks up at Harry, but since Dackson answers, Maverick doesn't need to.
Mittens
 player, 336 posts
Mon 13 Oct 2014
at 02:12
Re: 6: Reunions
Mits chuckles to herself about a droid named Chatterbox threatening the silent treatment.  For being ignored.  Yeah.  That's gunna work.  Sarcasm!

"Long story," she expounds for Harry, "Suffice to say it's a sensitive topic."

To DD she smiles and says, "Mittens goes stir crazy easy.  I can assure you that every accessible inch of that ship was searched and researched several times over in our stay there by yours truely.  You did a marvelous job keeping the place maintained, by the way.  And your piloting in a tempest skills are very impressive.  So I have no doubt that you are not the object of anyone's ire.  If somehow you ever are, know that you have friends now who will defend you.  Ok, DD sweetie?

"I love this droid."

Arbiter
 GM, 2533 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 14 Oct 2014
at 20:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Droids can't blush, but DD utters the binary equivalent of clearing her throat and resumes concentrating on flying.

After several tense, turbulent minutes of flight, the speeder finally lands again.

[We have arrived at the crash site,] DD chirps.  [I am unable to get a reading on life forms due to storm interference and residual radiation from the ship's reactor.  Nothing dangerous,] she assures the group.  [However, if you see any glowing residue, I would avoid touching, stepping on, or staring overly long at it.]
Harry Selous
 player, 772 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 15 Oct 2014
at 01:44
Re: 6: Reunions
"Ok, quick breif, My captain is in here with another sentient being. Last reports had them under attack by large, gorilla/dog pack predators that do not seem to like us. I am a bit injured, so it's probably safest if one of you takes point." Harry says quickly before anyone can open the doors. He was hoping this little excursion wouldn't turn in to as big of a poodoo show as some of his other adventures.
Mittens
 player, 337 posts
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 03:13
Re: 6: Reunions
"Acknowledged," Mits answers both DD and Harry.

She heads for the door and checks her rifle.  Then draws and activates her vibro-sword.  When it looks like the group is ready, she'll open the door and head out.

Meanwhile, she sings, "Gunna rescue Captain One, doo-dah.  Doo-dah.  Gunna rescue Captain Two, oh doo-dah-day.  Worth a thousand points!  Double combo bonus!  Monsters worth 100 each, oh doo-dah-day."
Dackson Kulname
 player, 254 posts
 Arm Ripped Off By Wookie,
 All I Got Was A T-Shirt.
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 03:32
Re: 6: Reunions
  "You were stuck with orders anyways, DD.  I'm no stranger to doing stupid things because your employer says to."  Note to self, trying to discourage spider people from deciding to try and eat you again later was just sitting around being lazy... Of Course, that wouldn't be much of a worry for a droid anyway.

  Dackson nods to Harry,  "Well, hopefully you can hit something from here if needed." that said he follows after Mittens.
Maverick
 player, 286 posts
 Master of Stealth
 Holder of Grudges
Tue 21 Oct 2014
at 00:48
Re: 6: Reunions
Maverick smirks as Mittens sings. On one hand, he's not going to make light of the situation. On the other hand... it is nice to think positively and in a silly way if just to keep your sanity.

........even if singing about that sounds pretty crazy.
Harry Selous
 player, 773 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 21 Oct 2014
at 01:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry frowns as one of the newcomers started singing. If there was one thing he wouldn't have done while hunting, it was singing. Harry decides to wait on the vehicle, peering out of the door with his storm trooper 2 at the ready. He'd wait to see if the predators cam out to investigate the noise.