6: Reunions.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Harry Selous
 player, 716 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 21:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous kept gazing out across the horizon while holding on to Chomper's chain or tying it to something more sturdy then his bed frame if he spotted anything.]. He felt it would be a bad idea to shoot at the possibly animal ground before all the crew were back in the ship, and unless something happened that needed killing, there wasn't much for him to do till then.
Arbiter
 GM, 2337 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 21:19
Re: 6: Reunions
Are you taking Chomper outside?
Harry Selous
 player, 717 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 23:23
Re: 6: Reunions
No, I just meant stand in the doorway and peer out across the landscape. If I have to go outside to keep an eye open, then I'll chain him up inside the storage room I initially found him in and then step outside.
Arbiter
 GM, 2338 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 23:28
Re: 6: Reunions
It's about the time that Chomper starts curiously sniffing at the air--the cold, thin air Selous has to wear a mask to stay conscious in--that he realizes that the Sandslasher doesn't seem adversely affected by the stratospheric altitude.  At least not much.

But, given that Chomper's homeworld was a dying, dessicated husk of a planet, perhaps it makes sense that he'd have greater oxygen and temperature tolerances than a squishy human.

The coast remains clear, from what you can see.

OOC: Roll Search
Bulyip
 player, 268 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 03:21
Re: 6: Reunions
Nodding his head, the Aleena looks to see if he can climb further in. He touches the area gingerly to see if he can feel the radiation, or if his skin tingles.

If there's no instant negative action, he'll attempt to go in, and call out, "Me going in, let me see if there anything."
Harry Selous
 player, 718 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 07:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry gazed out over the expanse laid out before him, intrigued by the fact that Chomper didn't seem to be having any difficulty adjusting. He stared at the sand slasher rather then at the possible creatures around him. Maybe Sand Slashers had an extra pair of lungs or something.


OOC- Harry Selous rolled 12 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,6,5. perception.
Arbiter
 GM, 2339 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 19:52
Re: 6: Reunions
Chomper stops sniffing, instead hunkering back and baring his teeth as he gurgles and growls.  You catch the barest hint of movement in the direction the Sandslasher is glaring, the edge of the hull by the opposite thruster where Q7 and Bulyip are currently working.

-------------------------------------

Bulyip crawls forward to the ion injector feeds.  The screen covering the injectors is covered with black, oily gack which smells about as appetizing as it looks.

"Looks like a mynock got flash fried on the screen," Q7 replies when Bulyip reports his find.  "We're gonna lose efficiency if that stuff is left clogging the holes.  Can you try to scrape some of it off?  If enough plasma can get into the chamber it should cook off the rest.  I'm almost done out here.  Just a couple more connections to check."
Harry Selous
 player, 719 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 21:13
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry grimaced at Chomper's clear display of aggression. He drew his heavy blaster pistol and began edging his way toward the movement, ready to fire if anything big and nasty was around the corner.
Bulyip
 player, 269 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 05:33
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking for something to wipe the screen filter with, Bulyip calls back, "Me try to clean it. It look really sticky. Any acid or corrosives in ship?"

Either way, the Aleena will use a rag, or some debris even, such as the body part of a mynock that could be used to scrape the filter somewhat better then it is currently.
Arbiter
 GM, 2340 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 15:57
Re: 6: Reunions
"Just try scraping with the 'spanner," Q7 replies.  "It doesn't need to be spotless, just less... gunky."

-----------------------------

Chomper is pulling hard at his lead, dragging Selous along behind as he scrambles down the ramp.  The growling is gone--which you've learned is a bad sign.  The Sandslasher is definitely after something.

OOC: Make a Strength check to keep your grip on the leash
Harry Selous
 player, 720 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 18:10
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry followed along, focusing more on keeping his grip on Chomper than what might be around the corner.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 15 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,6,3. strength.
Harry Selous rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1. strength wild D.
Total = 16

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Mon 20 Jan 2014.

Arbiter
 GM, 2343 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 17:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous manages to keep his grip, which just means he gets dragged along as Chomper scuttles down the ramp and lunges at the lowered landing strut.  There a crunch and a sickening squeal as the sandslasher latches onto something and starts violently shaking it.

The flailing, dying creature in his jaws turns out to be a mynock (which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone).

The hunter is warned by a squishy thump from overhead, whirling a split second before a second mynock detaches from the inside of the landing gear well and launches itself at him, wings spread.

--------------------------------------------

Bulyip does as instructed, scraping the goopy carbo-sillicate remains off of the grill.  The little Aleena works diligently, but fortunately isn't so engrossed in his labor that he misses the flash of movement out of the corner of his eye.

The seemingly burned to a crisp mynock apparently isn't as dead as you were lead to believe.  It's pulling its charred, bloated body across the turbine floor on tattered wings, sucker mouth gaping.

OOC: Gentlemen, combat time.

Initiative order
1. Selous
2. Outside mynock

3. Inside mynock
4. Bulyip

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:44, Wed 22 Jan 2014.

Harry Selous
 player, 721 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 17:31
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous raised his blaster pistol and fired at the mynock with deft and practiced aim.


OOC - Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6 with rolls of 6,1,6,5,1,5. shooting.
 Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. shooting wild die.
total = 27

Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 1,1,5,4,5,6. damage roll
Total = 24

the other two rolls I made were from accidentally hitting enter instead of shift when trying to type in the +2.

Bulyip
 player, 270 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 24 Jan 2014
at 03:58
Re: 6: Reunions
Screaming in fear of the undying Mynock, Bulyip uses the hydrospanner covered in ooze to club the creature away. ooc-Though the weak Aleena couldn't get any worse of a roll.


"AHHHHH! Zombie Mynock! It's going to kill meeeeeeeeeee!" He screams as he flails the tool back and forth ineffectively. "Run!"
Arbiter
 GM, 2349 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 27 Jan 2014
at 17:20
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous blasts the Mynock off the hull with a quick, precise shot, the creature's body flopping to the "ground" with smoke pouring from the blaster wound.

But it becomes immediately apparent that this was just the prelude, as two more mynocks stick their ugly sucker-faced heads around the side of the thruster and screech angrily.  They immediately start clambering across the underside of the ship at Selous.

Bulyip screams and flails ineffectually at the mostly-dead mynock, the hydrospanner flying out of his hands to clank and clatter back towards the impeller fan the monster was originally stuck under.

(i.e. the mynock is now between Bulyip and his improvised club)

The scorched mynock is within leaping distance, but can't seem to muster the strength (most likely due to being half-barbecued).  It continues its slow advance towards the now-spannerless Aleena.

Inside the ship, the sounds of clumsy movement along the outer hull are unmistakable.  That, accompanied by the dull thwump of Selous' blaster suggests that all might not be going well outside.

OOC: New round.

Initiative order
1. Outside Mynock 1
2. Selous
3. Outside Mynock 2

4. Bulyip
5. Mynock a l'orange

Harry Selous
 player, 722 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 27 Jan 2014
at 17:42
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry tried to put a round in both of the advancing mynocks before they could reach him, sending two shots toward the creatures.

OOC -
First shot
Harry Selous rolled 15 using 5d6 with rolls of 1,4,5,4,1. First Shot .
Harry Selous rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4. CP for first shot.
total = 19 with a 1 on the wild

Second shot
Harry Selous rolled 17 using 5d6 with rolls of 1,5,6,1,4. second shot.
total = 17 with a 1 on the wild

Damage first shot
Harry Selous rolled 24 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 2,3,5,6,5,1. damage 1.

Damage second shot
 Harry Selous rolled 17 using 6d6+2 with rolls of 1,5,1,1,3,4. damage 2.


Bulyip
 player, 271 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 03:45
Re: 6: Reunions
Figuring the Mynock is going to try and get revenge on him for the perceived threat of hitting at him, and mistaking him as the pilot that flew the ship into the path of him in the first place. Bulyip starts backing out the way he came.

He tries to sooth the mynock with, "Bulyip sorry, you not bad mynock. Just misunderstanding."


Bulyip will keep backing out, ideally leading the mynock to the outside, and to safety.
Arbiter
 GM, 2356 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 16:32
Re: 6: Reunions
The two mynocks launch from the underside of the ship, flinging themselves at Selous.  He manages to snap off shots at each--killing one outright and winging the other--but this only has the effect of turning the now-flying monstrosities into a pair of organic missiles.

The dead one hits him in the chest, knocking him off his feet.  The still-living mynock flaps and flails, screeching in anger and pain.  It's damaged wing catches Selous' outflung hand, knocking the blaster out of it to land a meter or so away on the ground.

Selous is now on his back, a dead mynock weighing down his chest while the injured one starts to clamber up his legs.

--------------------------------------------

Bulyip scoots away from the burned mynock, trying to talk it out of its decision to do grievous bodily harm to him.  He backs up to the nest of cables and conduits he maneuvered through earlier to get into the engine compartment.

(OOC: Dex check to get back through)

"What's going on in there?" Q7 squawks, craning his beaky head into the service hatch.  "I got the last relay replaced.  Did you clear out the mynock bits yet?  I think I heard Selous shooting at something, we may need to get back on board pretty quick!"

OOC: new round

Initiative order
1. Winged mynock
2. Selous

3. Bulyip
4. Mynock jerky

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:27, Wed 05 Feb 2014.

Harry Selous
 player, 723 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 18:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry tried to push the dead mynock off of his chest while also kicking out at the one crawling up his legs.

"Chomper! Here!" He called, probably ineffectually. The sand slasher was probably busy eating the one he'd jumped first.

OOC - I rolled the strength roll twice cause the first time I forgot to subtract the 1D, however, I got a better roll the second time, and the wild die was a 1 the first time, so whichever roll floats your boat.

Harry Selous rolled 6 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,2. Correct strength rool (forgot the -1)
total = 6

Harry Selous rolled 13 using 3d6+1 with rolls of 5,1,6. kicking the mynock.
Total = 13

and then I think damage for brawling is just straight strength, so,

Harry Selous rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 6,3,4. damage for the kick.
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. damage wild die.
total = 16
(do damage rolls have a wild die?)

Bulyip
 player, 273 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 05:41
Re: 6: Reunions
Looking at the maze of wires, Bulyip is confident he could get throw those fast enough, but he looks back at the mynock, and considers there is no way this poor creature is going to do anything other than get caught up in them and rip and tangle up the wires if it gets into them.

Thinking about drawing his blaster, he calls back to Q7, "One of them mynocks not dead like supposed be. Me need fire blaster at it, an kill it."

Pulling his blaster out, he'll fire to finish the poor beast off. He'll risk a point blank shot to prevent a ricochet on the metal engine. Stun is always the safe option.
Arbiter
 GM, 2358 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 14:49
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip:
Stun is always the safe option.

So, you're firing a stun bolt?
Bulyip
 player, 274 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Wed 12 Feb 2014
at 06:16
Re: 6: Reunions
Yep, let's stun it. (hopefully)
Arbiter
 GM, 2360 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 Feb 2014
at 18:53
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip fires point-blank into the mynock's ugly face.  Stun bolt or no, the half-dead thing is now officially out of the fight.  And probably all the way dead now.

Outside, Selous manages to get partially out from under the stinking corpse of the dead mynock, enough to lash out with a free leg at the one crawling on him.  It's like kicking a bag of wet sand.  The mynock screeches again, but doesn't really go anywhere.  Instead, it wraps its wings around the hunter's legs and rears back with its sucker mouth to take a chunk out of him.

The attack is cut short by the timely arrival of Chomper, who grabs the mynock's head in his jaws and wrenches it off Selous, snapping its neck with a sickening pop.  Unfortunately, the attack also dislocates Selous' hip with an equally sickening pop.  The sandslaher drags the flailing, wheezing mynock off the human, who is left, half-covered by the dead mynock, lying on the ground as agony sears through his right hip.

OOC: Selous, you're Wounded, -1D to all skill rolls until you can get medical treatment.  Also, you're not going to be moving at more than a shuffle any time soon.

Bulyip, you're now left with a very dead, very gross mynock stuck in the engine housing.  But starting up the ion drive will probably take care of that for you.

How the ship hasn't been struck by lightning yet while you guys have been basically sitting on top of a lightning rod structure boggles my mind.  You can thank the dice, I suppose.

Anyway, ship's fixed.  I recommend getting back on board quickly.

Harry Selous
 player, 724 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 Feb 2014
at 20:17
Re: 6: Reunions
"Good boy Chomper, good boy." Harry mutters as he tries once more to shove the dead mynock off him. He needed to get the mynock off and get him and Chomper back on the ship.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 7 using 2d6 with rolls of 3,4. strength.
Harry Selous rolled 3 using 1d6 with rolls of 3. strength CP.
Total = 10

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Fri 14 Feb 2014.

Arbiter
 GM, 2361 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 14:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Selous manages to lever the dead mynock off himself, despite the pain of his leg.  At his call, Chomper ambles over, blue-green mynock blood dripping from his snout.  The sandslasher sniffs him, then sneezes mightily, spraying slobber and mynock bits all over his face.

Delightful.

Seemingly unconcerned by his owner's predicament, Chomper starts rubbing his face on the ground, trying to scrub off the mess.