6: Reunions.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 2397 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 16:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Now with some light to guide their way, Roice and Bulyip head out towards the wreckage.

Things become intolerably miserable almost instantly.  The rain is ice cold and both are soaked to the bone despite the ponchos.  The glowrods were a very good idea, because visibility drops to virtually nothing once the pair is outside the radius of the Tracker's landing lights.

Footing is treacherous from rubble and shattered ship components, further hindering travel.  But eventually Roice and Bulyip get to what's left of the other ship.

OOC: Roll Search to locate a way inside.  It's kind of a mess...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 824 posts
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 20:45
Re: 6: Reunions

28 total

15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2. Wild die 3.
15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. Wild die 2.
15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 6 using 1d6 with rolls of 6. Wild die.
15:44, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 14 using 4d6 with rolls of 6,1,5,2. Search check.

Bulyip
 player, 286 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 01:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Bulyip is busy with looking as well. He doesn't mind the darkness all that much. He thinks in a pinch, he'll turn off the glow rod, and hide in the many numerous shadows and dark crevices if need be.
Arbiter
 GM, 2399 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 1 May 2014
at 14:22
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice and Bulyip manage to locate a half-open hatch on the ship's ventral surface--easily accessible since the craft is half-buried in the ground from its crash.  With a bit of effort they pry it open, exposing the near pitch black--but dry--ship interior below.

A quick scramble down the hatch's access ladder and they're inside, glowrods illuminating a battered, off-kilter corridor.
Harry Selous
 player, 739 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 1 May 2014
at 15:26
Re: 6: Reunions
Harry squinted in to the rain and the darkness and realized there was no way he was going to spot anything before it was on the pair outside.

OOC - Harry Selous rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,2,1. perception check.
And that's with me forgetting to subtract 1D for being messed up. I guess the actual total would be a 4

This message was last edited by the player at 15:26, Thu 01 May 2014.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 825 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 20:24
Re: 6: Reunions
"Q7, can you scan for any power signatures?  We're sort of in the dark here."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 58 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 1 May 2014
at 20:41
Re: 6: Reunions
"Ship's dead, Cap'n," the droid replies after a moment.  "Only reason we picked it up is because it's not made of local stuff, so it carries a different EM signature.  I'm not even getting reactor glow. Good salvage, though.  If the guy that called us earlier is dead now, we should mark a claim.  Make a lot of cash off a wreck like this."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 826 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:07
Re: 6: Reunions
Roice toggles the voice-activated broadcast.  "I'd rather not get lost in here.  I'm going to narrate our progress, start a recording."

He shines the light up and down both sides of the corridor.  "Any guess as to which way is the front?"
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 43 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:18
Re: 6: Reunions
Surprisingly, Kaara's voice replies over the comm.  "Delfinn, Captain Munb's ship is a Nella 342.  Don't know if that helps you figure out what's where."
Harry Selous
 player, 740 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:28
Re: 6: Reunions
"Chatterbox..." Harry said. keeping his eyes on the animal as it sauntered away.Afterward he unstrapped himself and started climbing out of the turret, "Are the access ramps and hatches all closed?"

When he managed to stumble out of the turret he made for the ramp that Roice and Bulyip had left from, grabbing Bola's pistol and keeping it ready in case any of the creatures were inside.

"Cap, watch your backs. There's some kind of predator out there with you, and they do not look friendly or stupid." He said in to the comms as he moved, "Kaara, get a gun or something and keep your eyes open. I'm not sure if these things are on the ship or not."


OOC - I'm assuming that Harry keeps Bola's pistol on him at all times, especially on an alien planet full of unknowns.
Arbiter
 GM, 2401 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 1 May 2014
at 22:29
Re: 6: Reunions
OOC: Nobody's heard a peep from Chatterbox since the lightning strike.
Kaara Zone
 NPC, 44 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 23:40
Re: 6: Reunions
Hearing the commotion cause by Selous hobbling his injured self across the ship, Zone pops out of the cockpit.  "What's going on?" she asks.  "What's this about predators?"
Harry Selous
 player, 742 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 3 May 2014
at 05:19
Re: 6: Reunions
"Big harry Fracking Dog things with nasty big pointy teeth." Harry called back as he continued making his way toward the ramp, one ear open to see if he could hear Chomper making any noises, "Just get a gun and keep an eye open."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 827 posts
Sat 3 May 2014
at 15:32
Re: 6: Reunions
Royce curses in Hapani, and switches off the light on his rifle.  He takes the other glowrod and sets it on the deck floor, shining down the corridor away from them.

He backs up a few meters the other direction, and kneels, the rifle at the ready, looking back down the corridor in the same direction as the rod he left on the floor.

"Keep your light pointed behind me, and keep your eyes open for any movement," he whispers to Bulyip.
Arbiter
 GM, 2409 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 May 2014
at 19:16
Re: 6: Reunions
The ship seems dead and empty.  The corridor runs left to right, leading to the cockpit on the left, and deeper into the cargo area/engine room on the right.

---------------------------------

Selous approaches the ramp.  Chomper is waiting there for him, tattered shreds of restraining harness hanging around the reptomammal's neck.  He's glaring at the closed ramp, body tense, uttering the high-pitched gurgling noise you've come to recognize as the sand slasher's equivalent of a growl.

Chomper spares a quick glance at the hunter, and it doesn't take a protocol droid to translate the animal's thoughts.  Open this thing up now, there's stuff out there for me to kill!

"Hey," Zone calls down from the gangway, not daring to come down and get close enough to be within Chomper's reach, "Are you going out there?  You can't be serious!"
Harry Selous
 player, 743 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 9 May 2014
at 19:51
Re: 6: Reunions
"Of course I'm not going out there!" Harry called back as he grabbed a length of chain and began trying to use it to get Chomper back toward his bunk, "I just wanted to make sure the ramp was closed and none of those things were in here. See if you can run any scans for life signs in the area so we can get a count of the hostiles."
Arbiter
 GM, 2412 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 May 2014
at 17:31
Re: 6: Reunions
There's nothing handy for collaring the agitated sand slasher.  And, honestly, you know better than to get in his business when he's like this.  Best just to leave him pacing at the ramp for now until he either calms down or you see the need to let him loose to eat something's face.

From her perch up on the gangway, Zone gripes, "I don't know how to run any of that spizz!  I can barely fly one of these ships, I sure as hell am not up to doing all that 'space explorer' holo-vid 'to boldly go' nonsense.  Don't you people have droids for that sort of thing?  What happened to that one that always yaps through the speakers?"
Harry Selous
 player, 744 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 12 May 2014
at 19:39
Re: 6: Reunions
"Well," Harry said with a shrug, giving up on trying to control Chomper, "We got struck by lightning and I haven't heard a peep since, so he's either dead, or experiencing a computer version of a drug trip."

Harry turned and headed back up toward the bridge.

"You stay here and keep an eye on Chomper and shout if those things start bashing on the hull. I'll go check the scanners."
Arbiter
 GM, 2417 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 13 May 2014
at 16:44
Re: 6: Reunions
Zone doesn't reply with words, but she nods, while staring nervously at Chomper.  She draws her blaster pistol and holds it loosely in her hand.

"What?" she says defensively as Selous passes her, "It's on stun."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 828 posts
Tue 13 May 2014
at 17:51
Re: 6: Reunions
"There's no movement in here," Roice says quietly.  "We're going to sit tight for a few minutes.  Advise on the situation when you can."
Harry Selous
 player, 745 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 13 May 2014
at 18:24
Re: 6: Reunions
"You gotta do what you gotta do, but if the ones out there get in, you'll be glad if Chomp is awake and kicking, so to speak." Harry said to Zone as he passed before keying up his comm, "Will do boss. Not sure where they went, but if they aren't on your trail I'd be surprised."
Arbiter
 GM, 2422 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 May 2014
at 20:39
Re: 6: Reunions
PM
Bulyip
 player, 287 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 15:23
Re: 6: Reunions
- GM POST -

Bulyip tugs on Roice's sleeve and points down the corridor in the direction of the cargo bay.  "Heard something," he stage whispers.  "Maybe a groan?  Maybe someone hurt?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 829 posts
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 19:04
Re: 6: Reunions
"Alright, slowly and carefully."

Roice turns his rifle's light back on and reverses direction, looking down the corridor where Bulyip pointed.

"Go pick up my other glowrod," he says, motioning over his shoulder with this chin, but keeping his eye on the illuminated hallway.
Arbiter
 GM, 2429 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 16:17
Re: 6: Reunions
The Aleena scurries back to retrieve the glowrod.

Roice, focusing in the direction of the hold, now hears something.  Not a groan, but a weak, rhythmic thumping on what sounds like hollow metal.