It's dark...   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 96 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 Dec 2009
at 17:50
It's dark...
The last thing you remember is being grabbed from behind and a rag reeking of chemicals being slapped over your face.

Now you are lying, face-down, on cold, damp stone.  It's pitch black (as far as you know, being nightblind and all) and the only sound is the occasional drip of water somewhere in the distance.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 27 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2010
at 19:41
Re: It's dark...
Roice lies on the floor, stock still for a few moments, fighting off panic.  He takes a deep, long, open-mouthed breath, tasting for the floating dust that would indicate he's still in a mining tunnel somewhere.
Arbiter
 GM, 97 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 2 Jan 2010
at 17:26
Re: It's dark...
It still reeks of dirt, rock, and mineral, but there's no dust.  It's most likely too damp for floating particulates to hang in the air.  The air feels closer, more oppressive.  You don't know if it's due to being deeper underground or something else.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 28 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2010
at 18:28
Re: It's dark...
Roice feels out around him as far as his arms will reach, and if finding nothing, he'll slowly move into a crouch, one hand over his head.
Arbiter
 GM, 99 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 2 Jan 2010
at 19:19
Re: It's dark...
As near as you can tell you're in the clear as far as surrounding obstructions go.  You move up into a crouch without incident.

As soon as you move there's a muffled scraping sound and the hiss of hydraulics.  A shaft of light appears in front of you, growing wider and brighter.  After a second a rectangular opening appears, previously hidden by the darkness.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 29 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:38
Re: It's dark...
Roice squints into the light, tensing to react and trying to remain calm.
Arbiter
 GM, 100 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:50
Re: It's dark...
Nothing seems to be happening.  After a few moments, there's a click followed by a soft voice saying, "Please come forward, Mr. Delfinn.  We've been waiting for you."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 30 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:53
Re: It's dark...
He waits a moment, confused, then slowly stands.

"I get the feeling that this is not typical prison regulation," he says to the speaker.

He walks slowly toward the light.
Arbiter
 GM, 101 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:57
Re: It's dark...
Your eyes adjust to the glare fairly quickly and you see that beyond the opening there's a small, round room.  A bench covered in what look to be quite comfortable cushions circles the chamber.  You hear the click again--which you can now tell is from a speaker turning on--and the voice speaks again, "Please have a seat, Mr. Delfinn."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 31 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 17:18
Re: It's dark...
Not sensing any danger (and glad for the disruption in the monotony of the mines) Roice straightens up and futilely brushes dust from his overshirt.  He puts on his business face and sits on the bench.

"I must admit, my curiosity is piqued."
Arbiter
 GM, 102 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 17:24
Re: It's dark...
The door slides shut, sealing you inside, and the voice says, calmly, "Please remain seated."

The chamber lurches, then you feel the force of acceleration pushing against you as the hum of a repulsorlift fills the air.

The chamber--obviously an elevator--continues upward for what feels like a very long time.  Your ears pop twice during the ascent.  Finally, it slows to a halt and the door opens.  "You may now exit," says the voice.  "Please watch your step and have a wonderful day."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 32 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 17:58
Re: It's dark...
"A wonderful day?  Are you serious?"

He stands and cautiously walks through the door, eyes peeled.
Arbiter
 GM, 103 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:09
Re: It's dark...
You step out into an open foyer that, to your eyes, looks like paradise itself.  There's a waterfall fountain surrounded by lush potted plants, exquisite--and obviously expensive--marble flooring, and an intricate crystalline chandelier hangs down from the ceiling, lighting the room in a warm glow.

Standing beside a door at the other end of the foyer is a silver and blue protocol droid.  It bows and speaks in the voice you were hearing over the elevator's speaker, "Welcome, Mr. Delfinn.  I am TC-9.  My Master is currently occupied and I have been instructed to see to your needs until he is ready to meet with you." the droid eyes your dirty, ragged person witha  disturbingly skeptical eye for something with no facial expressions, "Might I suggest that you take a moment to refresh yourself?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 33 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:33
Re: It's dark...
Figuring arguing and demanding info from the TC unit would be useless, Roice bides his time and takes the opportunity to actually really bathe for the first time in who knows how long.

"Of course, lead the way."
Arbiter
 GM, 105 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:40
Re: It's dark...
The droid leads you to a side door concealed behind a large potted tree of some sort.  Inside is an elegantly appointed washroom.  There's no shower, but there's a sink and plenty of hand towels if you want to clean yourself up a bit.

"I will wait outside for you finish," TC-9 says.  "Would you like a drink?  I could fetch one while you are cleaning up."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 34 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:45
Re: It's dark...
"Yes, please, anything is fine."

He goes into the washroom, but before the droid can leave, he says, "You wouldn't be able to tell me what this is all about, would you?"
Arbiter
 GM, 106 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 13 Jan 2010
at 14:03
Re: It's dark...
"I am sorry, Mr. Delfinn," TC-9 replies, "I am not privy to information relevant to your presence.  Now if you'll excuse me, I will go get that drink for you."

The droid shuffles out, leaving you to get cleaned up.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 35 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2010
at 01:06
Re: It's dark...
Roice washes many weeks of grime from his hands and fingernails, then quickly hand-bathes as efficiently as possible in the sink.

When he steps out of the refresher, he asks the protocol droid, "Would you mind lowering the lights a bit?"
Arbiter
 GM, 109 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 18 Jan 2010
at 18:53
Re: It's dark...
The droid is waiting for you with a tray holding a tall glass of what appears to be fruit juice.

It bows at your request and replies, "Of course, Mr. Delfinn.  I understand your eyes are probably not used to normal radiance levels after so long underground."

After you take your drink, the droid shuffles over to touch a panel on the wall.  The light level lowers to a comfortable "twilight" level (which is practically panic-inducing darkness to you).

"I hope this suits you better," says the droid.  "Please let me know if you require anything else.  I'm sure my Master will not keep you waiting much longer."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 36 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2010
at 18:56
Re: It's dark...
Not the response he was looking for, Roice winces in the dark and waves his hand.  "Too low, bring it back up please, thank you."

He carefully makes his way over to a bench in the strange chamber.

"What was your master's name again?"
Arbiter
 GM, 111 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 18 Jan 2010
at 19:00
Re: It's dark...
TC-9 fixes the lights then answers your question.  "My Master's name is Assistant-VicePrex Galor Splynn, Head of Managerial Acquisitions and Resource Negotiations," it rattles off the official title with practiced ease.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 37 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2010
at 19:02
Re: It's dark...
Roice furrows his brow.  "Head of Managerial and Re... and Re...  Head of what exactly?"
Arbiter
 GM, 112 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 18 Jan 2010
at 19:12
Re: It's dark...
TC-9 repeats "Head of Managerial Acquisitions and Resource--"

"Negotiations," interrupts a voice over the intercomm. "Thank you, Nine, you can show Mr. Delfinn in now." The voice is male, with a Coruscanti accent.

"Yes, Master," replies the droid.  "Right this way, Mr. Delfinn," it says, indicating for you to follow.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 38 posts
Tue 19 Jan 2010
at 16:45
Re: It's dark...
Roice shrugs and follows, trying to put on a business face.
Galor Splynn
 NPC
 It's just business...
Tue 19 Jan 2010
at 17:04
Re: It's dark...
TC-9 leads you through a set of double doors into a brightly lit and opulently appointed office.  Seated at a desk made of some brightly polished crystalline substance is a middle-aged man, human, with salt and pepper hair, an expensive-looking suit, and the air of someone who's used to being in charge (reminds yuo a bit of your father, actually).

He smiles as you enter and raises a hand in greeting.  "Ah, Roice, how good to finally meet you!" he says, enthusiastically.  He stands up and crosses the room, reaching out to shake your hand.  "A real pleasure.  Please, come in, make yourself comfortable.  We have much to discuss." He indicates a nearby couch and takes a seat in the plush armchair across from it.

"Can I get you anything?  I see you have a drink already, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind a bit to eat, hmm?  I was just about to order lunch myself."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:04, Tue 19 Jan 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 39 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 03:37
Re: It's dark...
Roice follows along with the pleasantries with dumbfounded shock.

"I'm sorry, uh, VicePrex, is it?" he finally manages to spit out, gawping at the ornate office.  "I must have hit my head or something.  Are we still on Borbilla?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 1 post
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 16:11
Re: It's dark...
"Assistant VicePrex," Splynn chuckles, "I wouldn't want it getting out that I'm putting on airs.  And, in answer to your question, yes, we are still in Borbilla.  Well, more correctly, we are above it." He points to the office's large picture window, which looks out on a sweeping moonscape and a vast starfield above.  "This is part of the facility that makes use of what the... employees of the factory produce.  Where we are is the executive suite, an office set aside for any administration personnel that drop by for an inspection, which is what I am doing right now.  At least," he says in a conspiratorial tone, "that's my official reason for being here..."

He leans back and claps his hands.  TC-9 obediently shuffled over.  "Nine, I'd like some lunch.  Order me up a bantha steak, rare, and ask the kitchen to send up their best bottle of Ithorian wine, will you?  How about you, Delfinn?" he asks you, "You look like you could use a steak, hm?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 40 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 16:34
Re: It's dark...
Roice wanders over to the window and gapes at the view.  "I've been eating nothing but nutrient paste in vitamin slurry for the past few months...  Anything with flavor would be welcome."

He looks down, trying to pick out the upper levels of the mining center on the surface.  "Please pardon my confusion sir, but I must assume that it isn't normal for visiting administrators to bring up random employees from the mines just to have lunch."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 2 posts
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 16:56
Re: It's dark...
Splynn laughs, "Very astute, boy.  There's nothing random about this meeting at all.  When I found out that you were here in Borbilla I pulled as many strings as I could, but in the end that little stunt you and your friends pulled made it rather impossible to leverage an early release.  So, I had to take a more direct approach to arranging a meeting."

He stands and joins you at the window, "But we're not ready for that part of the discussion yet.  First, I'd like to ask you: what do you want?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 41 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 18:10
Re: It's dark...
Roice looks at the man with narrowed eyes.  After a moment, he says, "I assume you don't mean what do I want for lunch.  How is it that you're in a position to offer me anything?  I haven't done the math recently, but last I calculated, I still a few years toil for my late uncle's debts."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 3 posts
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 18:16
Re: It's dark...
"There's more than one way to work off a debt, my boy..." Splynn replies ambiguously.  Before he continues, TC-9 returns with the food.  "Ah, but enough business, let's eat!"

You return to your seat on the couch and a table rises up from the floor, adjusting to a comfortable height.  A second surface does likewise for Splynn, who is back in the cushy chair.  The smell of the food is so overwhelming you're almost sickened by it, but the brief wave of discomfort is replaced by a gnawing hunger.  Splynn is already tucking into his steak.  "Please, enjoy," he says, waving his knife at your plate.  "Only the best for friends and family, my boy."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 42 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 18:36
Re: It's dark...
Roice abruptly stops.  "Family?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 4 posts
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 19:34
Re: It's dark...
"Your uncle was an associate of mine for many years," he says.  "It's a pity that he's gone, but when I found out that you had run afoul of the mess he left behind, I had to make sure that I set things right.  I know there's no blood relation between you, your 'uncle', or myself, but he was a good friend and I want to honor his memory by ensuring that you got a chance to live the dream he'd intended for you.  He always said you were like a son to him, and I'm sure his intentions were legitimate in leaving the Sun Tracker to you in his estate."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 43 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 19:40
Re: It's dark...
Roice regards Splynn with renewed interest.

"The Tracker..." he finally manages to say, "The Sun Tracker wasn't confiscated in my payoff reposessioning.  It's in storage impound here, waiting for my release."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 5 posts
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 19:49
Re: It's dark...
Splynn nods, "I told you that I've been pulling strings..." He smiles and takes a drink of wine.  "After all, with no ship your entire trip to the Corporate Sector would have been a waste.  And we can't have that, now can we?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 44 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 20:36
Re: It's dark...
Roice puts down his fork and thinks for a moment.

"I know I'm not in any position to bargain, so I won't even try."  He glances out the window.

"What is it that I need to do to get out of here?  What will get me out of the center and back into space?  Say it, and it's done."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 6 posts
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 20:53
Re: It's dark...
"Well," Splynn says, grinning as he wiped the corners of his mouth with his napkin. "And here I was with an entire speech prepared about family and honoring the wishes of the dearly departed and enticing you with an offer you can't refuse."

He pushes his plate aside and TC-9 dutifully collects it.  The table retracts back into the floor as he picks up his wine glass and stands.  "Walk with me, son," he says.

He leads you back to the window and sweeps a hand across the view, "What do you see?  Stars, right?  Those stars have worlds, Roice, and on those worlds are people--good, hard men and women of the Corporate Sector--with needs.  My job as Assistant VicePrex is to see that those people get what they need so that they can continue living happy, productive lives.  But not everything the people want is available in the Sector--especially for those who have... premium tastes.  I make sure those people get what they want, too.  And I charge them a pretty credit for the service."

He turns to look at you, "Your uncle was a... procurement specialist in my employ, bringing in those specialty goods that, for one reason or another," he waves his hand dismissively, "aren't to be found in the open marketplace."

Splynn looks back out at the landscape, "I want to offer you his job, my boy."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 45 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 21:24
Re: It's dark...
Knowing that there's a market for everything in the Corporate Sector, Roice isn't the least bit surprised to hear that there are government "sanctioned" smuggling operations.

Sensing impending freedom, he says, "Again, I am in no position to bargain--even if I was, I'd be a fool to decline.  I'll take it."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 7 posts
 It's just business...
Wed 20 Jan 2010
at 21:46
Re: It's dark...
Splynn takes your hand and shakes it, "Excellent.  Pragmatic and to the point, you'll do well, my boy.  Now," crossing over to his desk, he sits down and waves you towards one of the seats across from him, "We need to discuss the terms of our arrangement.  As I'm sure you understand, this deal does come with some strings..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 46 posts
Thu 21 Jan 2010
at 17:29
Re: It's dark...
Roice comes over and sits.  "No doubt.  I am compelled to ask, however: This... delivery service...  Does Uncle's trouble with the ESPOs and my subsequent incarceration to repay his debts have anything to do with the..."  He struggles for the right word.  "Ah, misunderstood legality of such an endeavor?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 8 posts
 It's just business...
Thu 21 Jan 2010
at 17:40
Re: It's dark...
"That's a different matter entirely," Splynn replies, his expression darkening, "And one I am not at liberty to discuss.  But let me lay your fears to rest: if you do as you're instructed, nothing bad will happen to you as long as you're under my protection.  At least," he shrugs, "from a legal standpoint.  The galaxy is a dangerous place after all."

He leans back in his chair, tenting his fingers in front of his face, "I propose a deal between you and I, an arrangement that I think will suit us both.  I have purchased your debt from the CSA, meaning that you are no longer a prisoner of Borbilla.  You are, however, indentured to me for as long as that debt remains unpaid.  How about we come to an agreement on payment that will leave you a free man, with a ship and perhaps even a crew, in relatively short order.  Said agreement will also serve my purposes, as I've been desperately needing a procurement specialist since the loss of your uncle.  My secondary channels are... unsatisfactory and sporadic.  I prefer having a direct link between what I need and who I send to get it."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 47 posts
Sat 23 Jan 2010
at 17:18
Re: It's dark...
"Short order?"  Roice smiles, wryly.  "What's to say I won't want to keep doing this after our accounts are settled?"

He glances outside again, his face resigned but hopeful.  "Draw it up.  I'm not like my parents.  I'm easy, I'll sign it.  The only thing I request is full knowledge of exactly what is expected of me.  In my experience, short though it may be, I've learned that gray areas are dangerous and should be avoided."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 9 posts
 It's just business...
Sat 23 Jan 2010
at 21:25
Re: It's dark...
"Whether or not we continue doing business together will be a matter for later discussion," Splynn replies.  "What's important right now is determining the manner in which the debt I hold over you is to be repaid.  And this is purely a handshake agreement.  I'd rather not have a traceable paper trail, if you understand."

He smiles and continues, "As for what is expected of you, I've already told you.  I tell you where to go and what to get, you do as you're told and bring it to where I tell you.  Depending on the nature of your cargo, that could be directly back to me or delivery to any number of secondary contacts."

"I am happy to hear that you're willing to consider long-term employment.  Trust me when I say that this business can be quite lucrative.  But for now all profits earned during you employment will go towards paying off your debt--minus cost of operations, supplies, ship fueling and maintenance, things like that.  But don't count on having any pocket money to spend on shiny baubles, my boy.  Every credit you earn will be mine until I've been repaid for freeing you from incarceration."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 48 posts
Sat 23 Jan 2010
at 21:43
Re: It's dark...
Roice waves his hand as if to say, perish the thought, but his mind is already racing, putting together basic banking strategies, not to mention simple account-routing and money-laundering techniques learned from observing his parents.

"First things first: hardware.  I assume that the Tracker, outfitted as it is, will be the primary means of delivery?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 10 posts
 It's just business...
Sat 23 Jan 2010
at 22:30
Re: It's dark...
Splynn nods, "Yes, the ship will be ready and waiting for you.  It's your property but I have a lien on it through one of my front companies.  Just so there's no misunderstanding, until I'm sure that we see one hundred percent eye to eye you won't be set loose without a leash.  I will be keeping an eye on you, my boy, until I'm convinced you're a... team player."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 49 posts
Sat 23 Jan 2010
at 22:56
Re: It's dark...
"Unsurprising and practical, however I will still assure you that you've nothing to fear.  I am not one to leave business unfinished."

He thinks for a moment, mentally surveying his Uncle's ship.

"The Tracker will require a minimal crew, to supplement my admittedly meager piloting skills.  What do you suggest?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 11 posts
 It's just business...
Sun 24 Jan 2010
at 00:30
Re: It's dark...
"I'd like to keep this 'in the family' for now.  Burress ran the ship by himself with a pair of droid assistants.  But for what I will be sending you for, you'll need some muscle--and perhaps someone who knows how to use a blaster.  I was hoping you might have made a few 'friends' during your time in the factory who might be interested in an early release as well."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 50 posts
Sun 24 Jan 2010
at 06:34
Re: It's dark...
Roice thinks of the others.  "I wouldn't go so far as to consider them 'friends,' but there are a handful that might do for such purposes.  Desperate, unsavory types with nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Perfect candidates.  As for their remaining balances...?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 12 posts
 It's just business...
Sun 24 Jan 2010
at 15:33
Re: It's dark...
The executive waves his hand dismissively, "This will be a package deal, of course.  I'll buy their contracts and they'll work off their debts.  If the arrangement proves unworkable I can always get a refund from the factory and they will be returned to their incarceration, minus any portion of their debt they manage to work off.  So, it's a win-win for everyone, I would think."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 51 posts
Mon 25 Jan 2010
at 06:21
Re: It's dark...
Roice nods.  "And your 'leash'?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 13 posts
 It's just business...
Mon 25 Jan 2010
at 16:08
Re: It's dark...
"I'll be sending along an observer to keep tabs on you and your crew.  He will report directly to me and any information I have for you will be relayed through him back to you."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 52 posts
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 04:24
Re: It's dark...
Roice cringes inwardly at the thought of a babysitter, but shows no sign of discomfort.

He stands.  "Well, I'm sure there are dozens of questions that will pop up, but rather than waste your valuable time trying to suss out the details, I'd prefer to get underway and shore things up as we go.  I'll retrieve my retinue in the manner you deem easiest.  I assume you have some sort of preliminary assignment to assess your decision's wisdom?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 14 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 13:37
Re: It's dark...
"I'm glad to see that you're ready to get right to work," Splynn smiles, "I figured you for a smart businessman and I'm pleased to see my instincts were correct.  As for your friends, don't worry.  In anticipation of our agreement I sent an associate to fetch them.  So why don't you just relax for a bit, enjoy your new found freedom.  Care for something else to drink?  Perhaps a snack?  I know you've got to be pining for something other than nutrient paste and water."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 53 posts
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 16:04
Re: It's dark...
"Actually, a terminal with HoloNet access would be most welcome...  I've been dying to look at the ISE and Corporate Sector tickers to see what shape the Arm's economy is in."  A lie; he couldn't care less, but was anxious to see how his family's holdings were doing, even if they didn't care about his well-being.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 15 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 17:11
Re: It's dark...
"Of course," Splynn says, pushing a button on his desk.  The table rises up from the floor in front of the couch again.  "Nine, go fetch Mr. Delfinn a datapads, will you?"

The droid shuffles out and returns momentarily with the portable computer.  "Here you are sir," it says, handing you the datapad.

"I'll leave you to your browsing," Splynn says, standing up.  "I have a few private matters I need to take care of, so if you'll excuse me.  Please, make yourself comfortable and if you require anything, simply ask Nine and she'll fetch it."

He shakes your hand, "Glad to have you on board, son.  I think we're going to do good business together."

Then he's gone, leaving you to your own devices.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 54 posts
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 18:38
Re: It's dark...
Roice takes a few minutes to survey the datapad's security shell, and tries to put it into a non-traceable mode.

(Computer Program, I'll prepare for it, which gets me 3D.

You rolled 3 (8 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system ((3,{Wild}1,4)).

>.<  So it begins.)
Arbiter
 GM, 118 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 18:56
Re: It's dark...
The datapad's code is unfamiliar to you.  The Hapan system is different than the Imperial Standard used as the base for the security programming.  You can probably figure it out if you take some time to reconcile the differences in how they do things outside of the Consortium.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 55 posts
Tue 26 Jan 2010
at 19:19
Re: It's dark...
Cursing silently, Roice decides to just play it safe and keep to inconspicuous public feeds.  He calls up a stock ticker for Delfiniti Inc. and surrounding subsidiaries, and in another window starts a simple search for "Galor Splynn".
Arbiter
 GM, 121 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 4 Feb 2010
at 22:31
Re: It's dark...
Delfiniti seems to be chugging along at an even keel, like always.  Or, at least, as it has been since the rise of the Empire.  The Hapanese, haven chosen not to cast their lot directly in with Palpatine's New Order, have seen a decline in business thanks to increased, and often unwarranted, tariffs, and restrictive border legislation.  Doing business under the Empire is by no means easy.

Your search on Splynn brings up a seeming ocean of glowing praise, publicity images, and other such propagandic fluff.  As an Assistant-VicePrex, he's part of a rarified elite and often in the public eye.  And it seems that the public has nothing but good things to say about him.

Or the CSA censors its media...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 56 posts
Sat 6 Feb 2010
at 18:59
Re: It's dark...
Roice shakes his head.  The CorpSec Authority had its issues, but at least they had somehow gotten the inside track with the Empire and had thus far managed to stay out of Palpatine's reticule.  CSA officials knew how to take a bribe; Imperials were much more sticky about it.

Out of idle curiosity, Roice searches for appearances of his own name on public HN feeds.
Arbiter
 GM, 127 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 9 Feb 2010
at 23:36
Re: It's dark...
You find no trace of your own name.  "Joyce Delfinn" is apparently a mildly successful real estate agent operating in Coruscant's upscale "Starview Heights" sector, though.

And "Delfino Ferr" won the last podrace on Malastare before the Emperor ordered the dangerous sport banned within Imperial borders.

Also, "Roo'ic Xebuu" will be performing his famous aria next week when he visits Alderaan's royal palace.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 57 posts
Tue 16 Feb 2010
at 16:21
Re: It's dark...
Nonplussed, Roice does a broad search on the names of his soon-to-be crewmates.
Arbiter
 GM, 133 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 17 Feb 2010
at 20:29
Re: It's dark...
There's not much, which is odd.  You'd at least expect to find arrest records, trial information, something.  But aside from a few tidbits of personal data there's nothing on Haskel, Verik, or A'den.  You're not terribly surprised to discover a lack of info on Bulyip seeing as he was a penniless stowaway drifter...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 58 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2010
at 21:47
Re: It's dark...
Roice calls up as much info as he can find on the YV-100, specifically weapon load-outs and ways of slipping past Imperial regulations on starship armament.
Arbiter
 GM, 134 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 19 Feb 2010
at 19:26
Re: It's dark...
Of course, looking up anything actually illegal on the Holonet is a good way to find yourself right back in prison.  But you find many pages devoted to the YV-100 and customization.  By no means as versatile as the YT-series, the YVs still have a faithful following and are well-liked by many small-time cargo runners (and, by extension, smugglers).

You have no idea what Veran has done to the Tracker in the form of upgrades, after-market alterations, etc.  But, if the ship-modders out there are any indication, the ship will most likely be fairly tricked out.

As for weapons, the YV-100 wasn't designed to be a gunboat.  It comes with minimal weapons emplacements--and even those are well below the restricted limits placed by Imperial Law.  Whether the Tracker is as limited in this department remains to be seen.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 59 posts
Tue 23 Feb 2010
at 19:07
Re: It's dark...
(Ok, I'll just wait until the other thread catches up.)