It's dark...   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 96 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 Dec 2009
at 17:50
It's dark...
The last thing you remember is being grabbed from behind and a rag reeking of chemicals being slapped over your face.

Now you are lying, face-down, on cold, damp stone.  It's pitch black (as far as you know, being nightblind and all) and the only sound is the occasional drip of water somewhere in the distance.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 27 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2010
at 19:41
Re: It's dark...
Roice lies on the floor, stock still for a few moments, fighting off panic.  He takes a deep, long, open-mouthed breath, tasting for the floating dust that would indicate he's still in a mining tunnel somewhere.
Arbiter
 GM, 97 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 2 Jan 2010
at 17:26
Re: It's dark...
It still reeks of dirt, rock, and mineral, but there's no dust.  It's most likely too damp for floating particulates to hang in the air.  The air feels closer, more oppressive.  You don't know if it's due to being deeper underground or something else.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 28 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2010
at 18:28
Re: It's dark...
Roice feels out around him as far as his arms will reach, and if finding nothing, he'll slowly move into a crouch, one hand over his head.
Arbiter
 GM, 99 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 2 Jan 2010
at 19:19
Re: It's dark...
As near as you can tell you're in the clear as far as surrounding obstructions go.  You move up into a crouch without incident.

As soon as you move there's a muffled scraping sound and the hiss of hydraulics.  A shaft of light appears in front of you, growing wider and brighter.  After a second a rectangular opening appears, previously hidden by the darkness.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 29 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:38
Re: It's dark...
Roice squints into the light, tensing to react and trying to remain calm.
Arbiter
 GM, 100 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:50
Re: It's dark...
Nothing seems to be happening.  After a few moments, there's a click followed by a soft voice saying, "Please come forward, Mr. Delfinn.  We've been waiting for you."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 30 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:53
Re: It's dark...
He waits a moment, confused, then slowly stands.

"I get the feeling that this is not typical prison regulation," he says to the speaker.

He walks slowly toward the light.
Arbiter
 GM, 101 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 16:57
Re: It's dark...
Your eyes adjust to the glare fairly quickly and you see that beyond the opening there's a small, round room.  A bench covered in what look to be quite comfortable cushions circles the chamber.  You hear the click again--which you can now tell is from a speaker turning on--and the voice speaks again, "Please have a seat, Mr. Delfinn."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 31 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 17:18
Re: It's dark...
Not sensing any danger (and glad for the disruption in the monotony of the mines) Roice straightens up and futilely brushes dust from his overshirt.  He puts on his business face and sits on the bench.

"I must admit, my curiosity is piqued."
Arbiter
 GM, 102 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 17:24
Re: It's dark...
The door slides shut, sealing you inside, and the voice says, calmly, "Please remain seated."

The chamber lurches, then you feel the force of acceleration pushing against you as the hum of a repulsorlift fills the air.

The chamber--obviously an elevator--continues upward for what feels like a very long time.  Your ears pop twice during the ascent.  Finally, it slows to a halt and the door opens.  "You may now exit," says the voice.  "Please watch your step and have a wonderful day."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 32 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 17:58
Re: It's dark...
"A wonderful day?  Are you serious?"

He stands and cautiously walks through the door, eyes peeled.
Arbiter
 GM, 103 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:09
Re: It's dark...
You step out into an open foyer that, to your eyes, looks like paradise itself.  There's a waterfall fountain surrounded by lush potted plants, exquisite--and obviously expensive--marble flooring, and an intricate crystalline chandelier hangs down from the ceiling, lighting the room in a warm glow.

Standing beside a door at the other end of the foyer is a silver and blue protocol droid.  It bows and speaks in the voice you were hearing over the elevator's speaker, "Welcome, Mr. Delfinn.  I am TC-9.  My Master is currently occupied and I have been instructed to see to your needs until he is ready to meet with you." the droid eyes your dirty, ragged person witha  disturbingly skeptical eye for something with no facial expressions, "Might I suggest that you take a moment to refresh yourself?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 33 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:33
Re: It's dark...
Figuring arguing and demanding info from the TC unit would be useless, Roice bides his time and takes the opportunity to actually really bathe for the first time in who knows how long.

"Of course, lead the way."
Arbiter
 GM, 105 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:40
Re: It's dark...
The droid leads you to a side door concealed behind a large potted tree of some sort.  Inside is an elegantly appointed washroom.  There's no shower, but there's a sink and plenty of hand towels if you want to clean yourself up a bit.

"I will wait outside for you finish," TC-9 says.  "Would you like a drink?  I could fetch one while you are cleaning up."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 34 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2010
at 18:45
Re: It's dark...
"Yes, please, anything is fine."

He goes into the washroom, but before the droid can leave, he says, "You wouldn't be able to tell me what this is all about, would you?"