3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Agial'ili
 player, 215 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 9 Dec 2010
at 21:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Captain, I think that we have a window of opportunity between 10 to 15 minutes before I estimate that the Interdictor explodes. You see, they have the improved Deimos circuit breaker on those huge powerplants that slows the reaction down, but even that one cannot last long.", she stopped there, realizing that she was babbling. The Captain would not be interested in her readings of technical journals.
Garret Haskel
 player, 315 posts
Thu 9 Dec 2010
at 21:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Then we better get moving, I'll be at the access ramp to open it the moment we touch down."

Garret unstrapped from the chair and slid down the ladder. He went to stand at the top of the ramp and waited for word to open up for the crew they were rescuing.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 151 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 9 Dec 2010
at 22:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Copy, Imperial Star Destroyer.  Rescue Operations clearance confirmed.  Safe holding distance of 10km confirmed.  Sun Tracker acknowledged.
Arbiter
 GM, 469 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 9 Dec 2010
at 23:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Timothy Strickland
 player, 152 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 9 Dec 2010
at 23:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks prompts the Captain with more information,

Rescue Clearance received.  Interdictor shields are down.  Docking bay access clear.  She's hot, wide open, and ready to blow like a 50 credit pleasure dancer!  When we get out, we can hold at 10km.  Haskel is at the ramp.  Lets do this! grins Sparks from ear to ear!
Roice Delfinn
 player, 231 posts
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 03:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Harry, Haskel..." His voice goes dark and he grins.  "Make sure they know whose ship this is."

He slowly throttles forward and carefully points the nose in the direction of the Interdictor.
Harry Selous
 player, 112 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 04:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry sighed and stood from his seat.

"I'll go to the hanger and make sure they all get on fast." He said, grabbing his blaster and heading for the hanger bay. He wasn't sure how many people they could hold, but he'd be surprised if it was forty. He'd need a blaster if it wasn't, to make sure the imperials they were helping didn't kill all of them.
Agial'ili
 player, 216 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 18:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili did not trust her leg to help in the operation. So she remained where she was. At least from the consoles she might be able to help. If alone for watching any signs that the reactor got more unstable.
Arbiter
 GM, 471 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 19:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The TIE-fighters make way from the Sun Tracker as she noses towards the doomed Interdictor.  The ship is drifting slowly, venting atmosphere and shooting sparks from cracks and gaps in its massive hull.

The little freighter slips underneath to the ventral docking bay and Roice is able to guide it inside the larger ship.  An atmospheric shield flickers to life behind the Tracker as she lands, cuts out, then, after a second aborted start, manages to turn on and hold this time.

Almost immediately a mixed group of Stormtroopers and naval officers flood into the bay, moving quickly towards the ship.

Smoke and flames fill the air and several of the less-disciplined naval officers are waving and shouting at the freighter, calling for the crew to open up.
Garret Haskel
 player, 317 posts
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 19:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The moment the Sun Tracker touches down Garret lowers the ramp. He walks down, waves for everyone to come on board.

"Go up the ramp, and then to the aft cargo area. Weapons are not allowed on the ship."
Arbiter
 GM, 472 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 19:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Pfft! *cough* :D

Yeah, umm, you're going to need to make a pretty good Command roll to convince a couple-dozen Stormtroopers to listen to you... ;)
Garret Haskel
 player, 318 posts
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 19:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC:
Command: rolled 23 ((4, {wild}6(+6+1)6))
How's this?

Arbiter
 GM, 473 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 19:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The 'Troopers look at each other uncertainly for a moment--was this scraggly freighter tramp really presuming to tell them they couldn't bring their blasters?

Just then a huge explosion rips through the bay, knocking several people off their feet, and the soldiers decide that it's not worth the trouble of arguing.  All the Stormtroopers drop their rifles on the deck and group begins to file into the ship.

OOC: OMG, you bastard. :D
Garret Haskel
 player, 319 posts
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 19:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Once the entire group files into the ship Garret raises the ramp.

"Everyone's on, let's get out of here."

OOC: I hope I didn't ruin your plan :D
Harry Selous
 player, 113 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 22:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry stands just inside the cargo bay, with his blaster in his hands to encourage the refugees from the Interdictor to maintain their sense of calm. He let's Garret do the talking and simply watches, hoping that the field holds and that the ship doesn't blow up before they can get off of the drifting hulk of soon to be nothingness.

"Let's go, let's go, we ain't got all day." He says calmly, leaning against the inside of the cargo area.
Arbiter
 GM, 474 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 22:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The refugees file into the ship in short order.  Since the Sun Tracker's holds are empty, there's more than enough room for everyone to fit.
Agial'ili
 player, 218 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 10 Dec 2010
at 23:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
From her console she saw the energy spikes on the interdictor as one of the gravity wells failed spectacularly: "Better get out Captain, she is about ta blow!"

OOC: Someone had to say it.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 154 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 11 Dec 2010
at 00:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks gets back on the horn,
Roger that Gunner. [flick channel]  Sun Tracker to Imperial Star Destroyer,  We have loaded the survivors and are heading for 10km safe distance.  Sun Tracker standing by for further instructions.
Then spins in his chair for a quiet word with Delfinn,
PM

Sparks jumps out the chair, and into the cargo bar.  Scanning the Navy officers, he tries to indentify the senior officer on board,
23:59, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 21 using 4 dice and +2 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,6,{Wild}3,5. Beaurocracy (Imperial). then walks up to greet him.

"Excuse me [insert rank], sir.  Maybe you would be more comfortable on the bridge?  The captain is anxious to make sure that you are alright." Sparks stimulates the officers natural superiorty complex and ushers him to the bridge.
00:04, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 14 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,{Wild}5,4. Con.
Harry Selous
 player, 114 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 11 Dec 2010
at 02:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry simply maintains an over watch position in the cargo hold. He didn't hate imperials, but that didn't mean he trusted them. It was just to bad he couldn't have grabbed one of their blaster rifles.

He thinks of something and looks to see if any of the storm troopers are standing off on their own, or perhaps in a pair, where he can talk to them without being heard by the others.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 232 posts
Sat 11 Dec 2010
at 02:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods noncommittally at Sparks as he slowly rotates the ship around and noses it back toward the exit.  "See what you can do."

As he guides the Tracker out of the bay, he says, "Shields full astern, C-Box, let me know as soon as we're clear of their grav well."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 155 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 11 Dec 2010
at 07:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Roice Delfinn (msg #996):

"What grav well?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 321 posts
Sun 12 Dec 2010
at 01:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret headed aft, stopping just inside the now crowded cargo area to keep an eye on the Imperial crew members they had rescued.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 233 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 01:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"What grav well?"

Sorry, I should have known this would be confusing--I was just trying to technobabble it up a little, without thinking that it was an Interdictor and talk of gravity wells would have a double meaning.

I meant to refer to the ship's personal gravity field.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 156 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 14:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Careless talk sinks ships!
Arbiter
 GM, 475 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 14:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Commander Jensen," the Imperial officer nods to Strickland, accepting his offer to be escorted to the bridge.  "I want to thank you for coming to the rescue of my men.  None of the rest of those spacer trash made such an offer.  Even that frigate took off at the earliest opportunity."

The remaining naval officers and Stormtroopers split into two groups along Navy/Infantry lines.  One Stormtrooper, holding onto his arm in obvious discomfort, leans against the outer wall of the bay and lowers himself to a sitting position on the floor, leaning his helmeted head back to rest.

Roice takes off, moving the ship out of the Interdictor's bay and back away from the dangerous situation.  The random power arcs across the damaged hull are growing worse and the sensors indicate that the instability in the ship's reactor is reaching a critical point.

"Freighter Sun Tracker," one of the Star Destroyers broadcasts, "You are ordered to head to these coordinates to rendezvous with a rescue ship to offload the men you rescued.  You have done your Emperor a great service today and it will be noted in the logs."

The broadcast switches to open frequency.  "All ships are free to leave.  Do not--repeat, DO NOT plot a hyperspace vector that passes the Interdictor.  It's reactor is about to explode, so all ships must evacuate immediately."

The detained ships don't have to be told twice.  They immediately scatter, heading in all directions--except towards the damaged cruiser--and make a run for it.  The two Star Destroyers wait long enough to retrieve the shuttles and TIE-fighters, then they, too move off.

OOC: Post 1000, so I'm opening up a sub-thread for the rest of this adventure.