3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 155 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 13 Apr 2010
at 16:05
3: Taking Stock
In the Mines
The fight against the unseen creature takes a sudden turn for the worse.  It looked for a moment like you were gaining the upper hand, but the creature manages to squirm out from under A'den and turn on him, ripping into his shoulder with wickedly sharp teeth and drawing blood as it savages the Mandalorian.

A single blaster bolt, searingly red in the near-complete darkness, flashes across the cavern and strikes your invisible adversary.  There's a horrid, wailing yelp and then the creature slumps to the ground, a vaguely humanoid shape splatting in the mud beside A'den.

Rocks clatter as someone pulls themselves through the hole at the top of the rockslide.  Backlit by Forem's wan beam from the other side, the figure remains indistinct until he turns on a light built into the targeting sight he's wearing over his right eye.  In the light you see that your rescuer is a burly Gungan with a torn up left ear.  He's dressed in well-worn spacer's fatigues and holding a still-smoking heavy blaster pistol in his hand.

"Yoosa comin' with me," he says in a gravely voice.  "Pick up that meat and be bringin' him along," he indicates A'den, who is still lying in the mud, bleeding.  There's little choice but to follow the taciturn Gungan (if for no other reason than he's got a gun and you don't).  It's difficult getting the injured A'den through the hole in the rock wall, but the three of you manage.  On the other side, Forem is standing, still dutifully shining his spotlight.

"You were able to reach them in time!" the droid says excitedly to the Gungan.  "After what I heard, I was worried that you would be too--"

"Shut up, meekanik!" spits the Gungan with open hostility, shoving Forem roughly aside as he stalks up the corridor.  "Be comin', yoosa three," he says to the rest of you, "or I'll leave you for the guard to find."

"W-well!" Forem splutters like a common protocol droid before recovering his aplomb.  "Here, allow me to assist you in carrying Colonel Nuhaatyc," he offers, stepping in to help.

The group follows the surly Gungan back up the tunnel.  He stops a bit before returning to the worked area of stone and pulls a blinking device from his pocket.  He mutters something into it and there's a scraping sound followed by a brightly lit doorway opening in the side of the tunnel.  Behind the doorway is a small chamber rimmed with benches covered in comfortable looking cushions.  "Inside.  Weesa goin' to meet da boss."

No longer in the Mines
The chamber turns out to be an elevator, which whisks you all up with the soft hum of repulsorlifts.  The Gungan speaks into his handheld device again and you hear him mutter "injury... medical..." before he puts it back.  He's silent for the rest of the trip.

The elevator eventually comes to a stop.  The doors open up with a soft hiss.  You step out into an open foyer that, to your eyes, looks like paradise itself.  There's a waterfall fountain surrounded by lush potted plants, exquisite--and obviously expensive--marble flooring, and an intricate crystalline chandelier hangs down from the ceiling, lighting the room in a warm glow.

"Oh!  Oh dear!" exclaims a fretful, female-analog voice as the blue and silver protocol droid standing in the middle of the room drops the medkit its holding and hurries towards the group.  "You're getting mud everywhere!" it squawks, fluttering its hands in exasperation as you all track thick, stinking mud across the pristine floor.

"Shaddup, meekanik!" the Gungan snarls, knocking the droid aside.  It yelps and falls backwards, striking the floor with a loud, "Klang!"

"Where's da boss?" he glares down at the prone protocol droid.

"I am s-sorry, Master Bola," the droid says, struggling to get back on its feet.  "Master Splynn had to step out to take care of some personal--"

"Shaddup!" the Gungan, Bola, shouts, kicking the droid.  "You meat stay here," he says to the group.  "I go to find out what to do wit' yoosa."

He leaves you standing, holding your injured teammate, in the middle of the foyer as he steps through the ornate double doors and into the next room.

Left to your own devices, you manage to use the discarded medkit to at least patch A'den's wounds.  But he's lost a lot of blood and is unconscious.  Forem helps the protocol droid to its feet and the two chatter in binary.

The doors open a moment later and Roice, clean and dressed in crisp new clothes, steps out into the foyer.  He looks you over and says. . .
Roice Delfinn
 player, 61 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 14:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Wha- What happened?"  He rushes forward and kneels down beside A'den.

"TC-9."  He looks up at the blue protocol droid.  "This man needs medical assistance, immediately."
Garret Haskel
 player, 74 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 15:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I can patch him up if you bring me supplies. We got ambushed by a creature in the tunnels. If that Gungan hadn't come along we would have had a hard time putting it down. What are they doing here anyway? Which of their bosses has come?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 62 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 15:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That Gungan?  Don't know him, only..."  He stops short and thinks for a moment before continuing, then nods slightly.  "Let's get A'den patched and you lot cleaned up before we broach the issue."

He looks at TC-9.  "I don't suppose there's a meddroid on staff?"

(ETA: minor correction)

This message was last edited by the player at 16:10, Thu 15 Apr 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 75 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 15:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Very well. Where is the med-room?"
Arbiter
 GM, 157 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 05:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
TC-9 breaks from its conversation with Forem.  "Ah, umm, yes," it says, almost bashfully.  "I am afraid that, given your special status, I have strict orders from Master Splynn not to report your presence outside of the prison.  This includes orders not to summon medical personnel.  I am afraid A'den Nuhaatyc will have to be returned to the factory if he is to receive any medical attention."
Garret Haskel
 player, 76 posts
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 18:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm assuming your ship comes with medical supplies. Bring them to me immediately. A'den needs to be stabilized before he is sent back."
Arbiter
 GM, 159 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 18:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The poor protocol droid looks like it's about to short out.  "I apologize, sir, but that is not within my parameters." It indicates the medkit that it dropped earlier, "This was all I was ordered to have ready and should be sufficient to stabilize A'den Nuhaatyc.  I have been told to tell you that the guards will already have been alerted to the activity in the Mines and will send a contingent to investigate Aleph tunnel.  If they are on schedule they will be arriving in less than 10 minutes.  I was also told to tell you that if you take A'den Nuhaatyc back down in the elevator--which has been preprogrammed to deliver you to the tunnel and then return to this office--he will be found and taken to a medical facility."

TC-9 pauses, as if listening to something, then continues, "I have also been ordered to tell you..." the droid pauses, fluttering its hands in that anxious mannerism again and cringing as if an unheard voice is yelling at it.  "I-I have been ordered to tell you that if you do not comply quickly there is nothing stopping that same contingent of guards from being told about a group of escaped convicts who have somehow managed to invade one of the executive penthouses."

The protocol droid shivers, "I am terribly sorry about this.  I hate being the bearer of such awful news..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 77 posts
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 19:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Looks like I have no choice. Nice friends you have Roice."

Garret grabbed the medkit, and took it over to A'den, and tended his wounds with what he had available. He took only 5 minutes to do that, then carefully positioned the man on his back to take down the lift to leave in the tunnel and ride back up the lift before the guard contingent arrives.

15:04, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 27 using 8 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,3,{Wild}4,4,1,5,3,1. first aid
Arbiter
 GM, 160 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 00:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel gets A'den stable enough to move (but he's still unconscious) and takes him into the elevator.  The doors close behind them, leaving the rest of you standing in the foyer.

"Once again, I apologize," TC-9 says.  "There is a lavatory over there where you can clean yourselves.  I have taken the liberty of having clean clothes in your sizes sent up and they will be waiting for you once you have cleansed yourselves..." the droid looks down with obvious dismay at your mud-caked legs. "Please..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 63 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 03:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That's enough, TC-9," says Roice, staring at the lift doors.  "Thank you."

He looks at the protocol droid and pointedly waits for her to leave.
Jared Verik
 player, 48 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 05:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
" getting this guck off me would be nice. lead the way metal man."
Garret Haskel
 player, 78 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 11:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret exits the lift after riding it back up from the tunnel.

"The task is done." Is all he said before snatching up a towel and going into the refresher to get cleaned up.
Arbiter
 GM, 161 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course, Mister Delfinn," the protocol bows and steps out after directing Verik to the fresher.

"Did you know that she works for an Assistant Vice-Prex?" Forem says to Roice.  "Apparently, Captain, we have landed in the midst of something fairly large."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 64 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 16:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yes, I know.  I want you on your toes, Forem.  Full tactical mode.  Come on, I need some help."

He goes and sits on a bench, and while waiting for the others, begins to meticulously search the replacement clothing TC-9 brought for hidden sensors, bugs, or anything else out of the ordinary.

(Dunno if it matters, but I'll give you a Search roll anyhow:
You rolled 7 (13 excluding the wild die) using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system ((4,5,3,{Wild}1)).)

>.<
Arbiter
 GM, 162 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 16:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
You don't find anything odd about the clothes.

And you make a small tear the inner lining of one of the jackets.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:51, Fri 16 Apr 2010.

Bulyip
 player, 53 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 17 Apr 2010
at 13:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Silent, the small Aleena stays behind the others. Allowing himself to remain as unnoticed as much as one possibly can, he looks on as Garret applies aid to their companion.

Raising his upper lip nervously, he stretches his limbs a bit as he starts to get bored. Walking almost aimlessly, he makes a slow circle of the room, and spotting the clothing, Bulyip decides to take some of them after all. Looking for something that fit, or be made to fit, he adds some items to a small pile, and takes them to the refresher that he managed to find in his earlier loop.
Garret Haskel
 player, 79 posts
Sat 17 Apr 2010
at 16:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret emerged from the refresher, walked over to grab the clothes sized for him and put them on. He noticed that the inner lining of his jacket had a slight tear, which didn't bother him since he could guess how the tear was made. It was clear his anger at being forced to abandon a comrade had not cooled yet.
Arbiter
 GM, 163 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 18 Apr 2010
at 16:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The three of you (Haskel, Verik, Bulyip) clean yourselves up a bit and change out of your filthy prison rags and into the clean new clothes.  The clothes fit well and make you feel almost sentient again, although Jared seems to be short a pair of socks and a jacket while Bulyip seems to be wearing one that brushes the floor with sleeves so long his arms only go halfway down.  The balled up socks poking out of the pocket are an especially nice touch to his ensemble.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:52, Sun 18 Apr 2010.

Bulyip
 player, 54 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 18 Apr 2010
at 18:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Quite proud of his new outfit, he holds up his arms to keep the sleeves from dangling onto the floor, and swings them around briefly to get a little waving and spinning action from the excess material.

Seeing everyone looking pretty much ready to move on, he questions, "We can't stay here, can we? Should we go back to mines? It might be time to go back to our rooms and wait for breakfast!" He says the last part, breakfast with a bit of enthusiasm.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 65 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 03:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We're not staying here," says Roice.  "But we're not going back to the mines either."

He stops and thinks for a moment.

"Unless you choose to."
Garret Haskel
 player, 80 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 11:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walks over to Bulyip, takes the extra coat off him and tosses it to Jared.

"I think it's time we met the boss and be let in on whatever plans you have for getting off this rock."
Arbiter
 GM, 164 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 12:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Good, I like a man who gets right to the point," says a voice over a concealed speaker.

"Why don't you all come in and have a seat.  I will join you shortly after I have concluded my business.  If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask TC-9."

The double doors open, leading into an exquisitely appointed office/apartment.  The Gungan, Bola, is inside, slouched in a plush chair, glaring at nothing in particular.
Garret Haskel
 player, 81 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked into the room, and stood behind the gungan.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 1 post
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Be gettin' out from behind meesa back, meat..." Bola snarls without looking at Haskel.  "I don' like folk standin' behind me..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 82 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"As long as you remain calm, and stay in that chair you'll remain unharmed. This is a simple precaution, no need to take it personal."

Garret pointedly remained right where he was, since he would have the advantage if the Gungan tried to do anything.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 2 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 20:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
That's when you notice the blaster barrel that's pointing at you from around the side of the chair, "Yoosa forgettin' I'm the one with the gun, meat?"

He cranes his long neck around to glare at you (apparently it's his only expression), "I'm here to make sure yoosa meat don't pull nuthin' in da boss' office, not the other way 'round, understand?  Yoosa be wise to just go have a seat and get the meekanik to get you a sandwich or somethin' while we waitin'.  You can relax, meat," he attempts something that might be a smile, "I work for da boss, and da boss sayin' that yoosa all to be treated all... poleet.  So, I'm askin' you, all poleet, ta not be standin' behind me, yeah?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Mon 19 Apr 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 83 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 18:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If your going to be polite, the least you can do is use my name and at least tell me yours."

Garret moved so that he no longer stood behind the irritable Gungan, though he declined to sit or request anything from the droid.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 2 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 18:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan grew visibly less tense as Haskel moved to a less confrontational position and the blaster went back in its holster.

"I don't know yoosa names, and don't really be carin'," Bola says.  "Da boss says to watch you, keep yoosa outta his things," he pauses to glare meaningfully at Bulyip, "Then when he be comin' back, he be 'splainin' why we wastin' time on you."

He does that... smile(?) again and says, "But, sure, I'll tell yoosa my name.  Tarsk Bola.  There, now you know whoosa I bein'.  Happy?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 84 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 19:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Somewhat. Your the first Gungan I've seen in since I got conscripted by the Empire. If you were friendlier I'd ask how things have been on Naboo. You can call me Garret."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 66 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 19:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice sits, listening to Bola and Garret's exchange.

This Gungan is going to be a problem, he thinks.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 2 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 20:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ain't been onna Naboo for more years than I care t' be countin'..." Bola says.  "'Dey probably took me same time as they be takin' yoosa.  Only us Gungans, we don't get shiny guns and fancy trainin', no." Bola grits his teeth, "Jus' the slavin' and da workin' 'til we droppin'."

"But shoes onna da other foot now, eh, Garut," he says, smugly, laying back in the chair.  "Now you da one workin' 'til yoosa drop." He chuckles--a very unpleasant, nasty laugh--and grins wickedly, "Now I gettin' the shiny guns and fancy ships while yoosa breakin' your back in da mud."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:14, Mon 19 Apr 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 67 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 20:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh really?" casually intones Roice, pointedly brushing away some lint from his lapel.  "Then perhaps VicePrex Splynn hasn't fully briefed you on our purpose here."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 2 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 20:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh," Bola says, smirking smugly, "I knows all about da ship, rich boy...  The Sun Tracker, she's a beauty.  Mebbe when yoosa meat get killed by pirates or ripped up by gundarks da boss be givin' her to me."

He nods to himself, obviously pleased with the thought of owning the ship--or maybe he's picturing you being ripped to shreds by gundarks, it's hard to say.  "I knows why you, Roice Delfeen, bein' here.  I jus' don't be knowin' why I'm havin' to waste good blaster gas saving th' rest of these useless gooberfish."

Bola's words seem a bit contradictory.  Does he know more than he's letting on?  The smugness in his tone suggests that he might be playing some cards fairly close to his chest.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:14, Mon 19 Apr 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 85 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 20:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Tarsk Bola:
"Ain't been onna Naboo for more years than I care t' be countin'..." Bola says.  "'Dey probably took me same time as they be takin' yoosa.  Only us Gungans, we don't get shiny guns and fancy trainin', no." Bola grits his teeth, "Jus' the slavin' and da workin' 'til we droppin'."

"But shoes onna da other foot now, eh, Garut," he says, smugly, laying back in the chair.  "Now you da one workin' 'til yoosa drop." He chuckles--a very unpleasant, nasty laugh--and grins wickedly, "Now I gettin' the shiny guns and fancy ships while yoosa breakin' your back in da mud."

"Only the storm troopers get shiny new guns. I got stuck in a small room with five other guys and a metal slab to sleep on, just to get into an even smaller room to shoot a turbolaser at any starfighters that attacked or to crawl into an even smaller space to keep the damned thing working. And I didn't even get a choice. Imperials showed up and took me away, if that's not slavery I don't know what is."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 3 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 20:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm not here to be playin' 'swappin' da sob story,' meat," Bola replies nastily.  He reaches over his shoulder and picks up the lifeless shreds of his left ear, "Yoosa show me somethin' worsen den this, den mebbe I don't think you're a useless, pampered human toadling like da rest of yoosa invaders who comin' to Naboo and buildin' your fancy houses and be callin' it yoosa planet."

He stands up and stands threateningly close to Haskel, snarling, "Slaves, dey don't get to go AWOL, meat.  Best yoosa be 'memberin' dat before yoosa comparin' us'n again."

Without another word, he storms out of the office, past TC-9 who is returning with a tray of drinks.  "RARGH!" Bola bellows at the hapless protocol droid, shoving it forcefully and sending it sprawling--tray and drinks flying--with a dismayed squawk to the floor.
Garret Haskel
 player, 88 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 21:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan left Garret looking more surprised than anything at the sudden outburst.

"Wow. That was unexpected."
Arbiter
 GM, 174 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 22:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
TC-9 manages to get to its feet.  "Oh...  Oh dear...  I will," it flaps its hands, "I will be right back gentlemen, please excuse me."

Even though it's not possible, it sounds like the droid might be trying not to cry as it hurriedly shuffles out of the room.

The four of you are now alone in the apartment.

EDIT: The five of you.  Sorry, Forem...

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:09, Mon 19 Apr 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 68 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 23:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice watches the protocol droid leave, then says quietly and quickly, "Alright, gentlemen...  Considering the situation, I understand the tendency to be a little gun-shy about any sorts of dealings that are about to take place...  Let me assure you, Splynn is a dodger at best and a scoundrel at worst, but he's an honest scoundrel, and he wouldn't have ascended to VicePrex status without some sort of consistency.  And what he has to offer..."

He looks around the room.  "Likely this office is being monitored.  Likely everything from here out will be bugged, traced, reported...  I suspect our new Gungan friend is seeing to that...  So for now, be brutally honest; he will be.  What he has to offer, though it may not be definitive liberty, is sweet, sweet freedom compared to busting hump in the mines."

He leans back in the chair.  "Just be open-minded."

After a moment, he says, "And think creatively."
Garret Haskel
 player, 91 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 00:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I will hear what this Splynn has to say."
Bulyip
 player, 55 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 12:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Cringing at the exchange of Bola and Garret, Bulyip didn't like the way that Gungan eyed him up. With the Gungan leaving the room in a huff, he actually voices his concerns, "That be one scary gungan. I think he must be angry all the time."

Not wanting to sit down, the small miner can't resist looking around at the objects in the room. Especially anything small and shiny.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 18 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 13:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm glad to hear you say that, Mr. Haskel," a voice says from the office entrance.  You all turn to see a well-dressed, exceedingly corporate-looking man walk into the room.  You recognize the voice as being the one you heard over the speaker before.

He crosses the room and sits behind the large desk that occupies the back wall.  "I am Assistant Vice-Prex Galor Splynn," he says by way of introduction, "And I already know who you all are.  In fact, you were all hand-picked by me for a particular reason."

"Before we begin, let me apologize for the behavior of my associate, Mr. Bola.  He is one of my most trusted confidants, but he can rub people the wrong way.  Hopefully any future dealings will be more amicable."

He gets up and walks around to the front of the desk.  "Let me get right to the point, as I'm sure Captain Delfinn has already taken the liberty of informing you about me." He casts a quick, wryly amused glance at Roice before continuing, "Each of you bore a substantial financial burden to the CSA.  I have paid those debts.  You are now free of the Corporate Sector Prison Authority.  However, there is still the matter of you each settling your personal debt with me.  All I require for the four of you is that you perform a series of tasks for me, errands left over from when my previous 'facilitator' and I ended our business relationship.  I have determined what I believe to be a fair payment plan contingent upon completion of each mission, and if all goes well, you will be free..." he looks at Bulyip for a moment, his expression mildly confused, "sentients.  And when I say 'free' I mean it.  No strings, no binding contracts, nothing.  You will have your life, your health, and the freedom to go anywhere and do anything within your means to accomplish."

Crossing his arms over his chest, he frowns slightly, mulling something over, before speaking.  "Due to the injury of Mr. Nuhaatyc, your group is smaller than I would have liked.  That being the case, I have selected an individual to replace him.  I also have acquired two others to serve as technical staff for your ship.  I think, with these additions, you will have everything you need to accomplish the errands I will be sending you on.  Now," he smiles, but the expression doesn't quite reach his eyes, "Questions?"
Bulyip
 player, 56 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 13:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Raising his hand to gain some attention, Bulyip asks, "Will there be food?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 93 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 14:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I am wondering what you paid for my release, since I never was in debt to CSA."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 19 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 15:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Well, I certainly wouldn't expect you to work on an empty stomach, Mr. Bulyip," Splynn says, somewhat patronizingly.

The Haskel he says, somewhat cryptically, "Everything in life has a price, and every life has a value.  I simply paid what your life was worth, Mr. Haskel."

Before that conversational thread can continue, he goes on, "But let's not concern ourselves with credit values and economics.  Be happy, my friends, you're closer to freedom than you ever would've been had you remained in Borbilla.  I dare say you wouldn't have lasted another week in the Mines, anyway.  So, take my advice, and let's not delve too deeply into the wheres and whyfors of your change of situation." He smiles that not quite genuine smile again, "It's really better if you leave things where they stand."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:25, Tue 20 Apr 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 94 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 15:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Fine by me. I just hope to avoid any future Imperial entanglements."


Galor Splynn
 NPC, 19 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 15:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"As do I, Mr. Haskel," Splynn replies.
Garret Haskel
 player, 95 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 15:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So, who are these others that you mentioned and what are we flying in?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 20 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 16:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"The rest of your team will be along shortly," Splynn replies to Haskel, "and they can tell you all about themselves, I'm sure.  As for your ship," he waves a hand towards Roice, "Ask Captain Delfinn.  It's his, after all."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 69 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 18:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods.  "The Sun Tracker.  It's a YV-100, a CEC ship.  It's, ah... a family heirloom.  And it's going to need some creative updating."
Garret Haskel
 player, 96 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 18:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If it has weapons you should let me take a look at them."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 70 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 21:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It does.  A pair of front-facing blasters and a dual cannon on a turret.  They're stock, and right at the edge of legal limits, but they'll do for now.  What I'm really worried about is the hyperdrive, which is only class three.  That's the first thing that will need to be replaced, so we'll need someone that knows what they're doing under the engine block."
Garret Haskel
 player, 97 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 21:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I hope one of the people Splynn has coming can handle it. Since we seem to be waiting around I might as well take a look at the weapons systems and see what I can do with them."

OOC: Does the turret and forward firing lasers count as capital class or starship class?
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 21 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 22:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Splynn chuckles, "Well, I'm glad to see that you're at least eager to get started.  However, the ship isn't even on this planetoid.  I think you will all be very surprised to find just how far from inhabited space we are right now.  As for the state of the ship's systems," he returns to his chair behind the desk, "They are perfectly adequate.  And, to be bluntly honest, there isn't the time, you don't have the resources, and I have spent enough on this little business venture.  You'll take the ship as you find it, and you leave in two days.  That will be just enough time for us to get to the impound yards where the ship is kept and send you on your way."

As if on cue, the sound of an arriving elevator can be heard outside.  "And I believe that will be your new team members now."

OOC: If they're stock and legal, they're Starfighter class.  Capital ship weapons on a freighter are a big time no-no.  Doesn't stop some people, though. ;)

This message was last edited by the player at 22:22, Tue 20 Apr 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 98 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 22:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So the ship isn't here yet. I was hoping to at least familiarize myself with the turret's systems. For the moment I will content myself with meeting the others you said were coming to join us."

OOC: If I get my hands on enough creds I will be doing some serious upgrades to the turret and maybe the forward firing lasers. Maybe even add a missile tube or two.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 5 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 22:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland will enter the main lounge, following Mr Selous no doubt.  He will stay close to a wall, observing as much as possible, drinking in the surroundings once more.

23:57, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 16 using 2 dice and +2 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}6(+2). Perception.
Harry Selous
 player, 6 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 00:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As the doors opened, Harry stood to one side of the elevator, not the first one out. It was better to enter new situations warily. He accepted what his senses told him, processed, observed, and listened.

After a few moments, he stepped out of the elevator and moved to raise his hands to shake with the new "team".

"Names Harry Selous, big game hunter. Looks like we'll be working together till we pay off our debts."
Garret Haskel
 player, 99 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 00:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm Garret. Ships weapons specialist and unarmed combat specialist. I'm also the field medic."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 71 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 02:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice turns and glares at Splynn, but doesn't say anything.

He steps in front of the desk and says, "Gentlemen, please come in.  Have a seat if you like.  I'm Roice Delfinn, captain of the Sun Tracker.  You've met Mister Haskel," he motions to Garret.

"May I also introduce Jared Verik and Bulyip."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 6 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 09:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The atmosphere is much more cordial than Sparks expected.  He raises a hand to Roice in greeting.

"Watcha mate!  They call me 'Sparks'.  Glad to see you're a friendly bunch!"

Sparks turns to Garret with a nod, "So you're the Gun Bunny eh?" he says with a grin. "I'm a Comm's Specialist, in Frigates I was. What where you in Garret?"

This guy was obviously navy.  His gait and dameanor could mean little else.  This was going to be an easy gig and Sparks began to relax.
Garret Haskel
 player, 100 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 10:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Interdictor Cruisers."

Garret didn't say anything else, as he didn't want to talk about his Imperial Service.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 7 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 11:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sensing Garret's response, Sparks curses the Empire strongly.

"Yeah, bunch ov @%&*£@!"
Agial'ili
 player, 8 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 12:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She was the last to leave the elevator and she looked around with mild curiosity, they sure looked like a weird bunch of crew. Rather scruffy looking actually and all male. She was all to aware of how she would look to them, dressed up in her dancing outfit. Still she walked in as if she couldn't care less with a false act of confidence that she did not feel and greeted the beings in the room.

"I am Agial'ili, I was selected to help repair the vessel"

From the look on their faces she was sure that nobody was going to believe her. Her race did not have a reputation of being any good with technical stuff.
Garret Haskel
 player, 101 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 12:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"What systems are you familiar with Agialili?"

He was certain he had said the name wrong, though he tried to get it right. He was glad to have something else to talk about that didn't involve his enslavement to the empire.
Agial'ili
 player, 9 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 13:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She was more tense then she had thought and a bit unsure. It was hard to know his status in this enterprise but considering the state of his clothing and the fact that he did not carry a gun she assumed that his predicament was not dissimilar then hers. So she stated the fact without adding honorifics as master and such.

"I have been trained according to the Coruscant Degree of Excellence Program, my specialty is in Starship Repair with side courses of Computer and Droid operation."

She omitted her extracurricular courses in Security protocols, thinking that the less people knew about that part the better.
Garret Haskel
 player, 102 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 14:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Which systems are you familiar with? Hyperdrive, shields, sublight drives, repulsorlift?"
Agial'ili
 player, 10 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 14:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"For repairing them? All of them. I do not have much experience operating them though."
Garret Haskel
 player, 103 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 15:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Interesting. From what captain Roice tells me, the ship is something of an antique. There won't be a shortage of things to upgrade on it. If any of you need medical attention for any reason in the future, let me know. That reminds me, what kind of medical station does your ship have?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 72 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 18:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shakes his head.  "Stock, it's all stock.  Stock autokitchen, stock beds, stock head, think 'off the shelf.'  She's not an old model, but she is, ah, gently used.  There will be things we, uh, I will want upgraded on her," he shoots a look at Splynn, "but we'll work that out later."

He looks over the bunch.  "There are quarters enough for 10 comfortably, though I suspect we'll want to expand the consumable supplies with something more palatable than nutrient paste and bio-bars, especially those of use that have only been eating prison mess hall offerings.

"As for crew," he throws another quick glance at Splynn, "I'm certain we'll fall into respective niches.  Given our backgrounds--and let me clarify that I don't necessarily know your background, nor do I necessarily need to, but considering the source, let's assume that we can use our imaginations--given our backgrounds, the possibility for disagreement and head-butting is high.  I won't demand, nor expect, military precision, but I will run a tight ship.  We've got a job to do, and I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like I've been given a second chance here."

He looks at Splynn.  "I'd had to think that something as petty as personality clashes could endanger that second chance."
Jared Verik
 player, 49 posts
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 19:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
" Sound a might high strung for something that aint happen yet. Figure most of us were in the union so if things were going to come to blood they would have by now. As for the new folks they seem likable enough. And well every one knows they don't make folks more likable then Jared Verik.  That's me for those just joining us" He said with a casual smile and nod to Agial'ili
Timothy Strickland
 player, 8 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 21 Apr 2010
at 20:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Jared Verik (msg #70):

If yer need someone to operate stuff, well, I'm yer man.  Sensors, Shields, Comm's, awl tha' stuff.  I also do a small line in gadgets.  If I could get 'old ov a decent tool kit and some quality spares, well, the worlds yer oysta!

Sparks turns thoughtfullt to Roice,

There wou'n't be a workshop or somefink, on yer ship Cap'n?
Harry Selous
 player, 7 posts
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 02:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
the beginnings of a smile played at the edge of his mouth. All of them seemed to have some sort of skill that would help while on board the ship. Harry just liked killing things.

"I can probably handle one of the weapon systems well enough. Though I'd guess I'm more of an anti-personnel sort of guy myself."

He had a realization and turned to Splynn, "Are we going to get any guns or equipment before we go? Or do you expect us to do everything with just our clothes and a stock space ship?"
Bulyip
 player, 57 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 04:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Smiling with a wide mouth grin, he's rather enjoying all of this. With quite a few new faces, Bulyip isn't too particularly frightened by them since they came in so cordial and even particularly friendly and helpful in their greetings.

Having made a short round of the office, Bulyip ends up walking up to the Twi'lek, saying, "I had a friend who was twi'lek once. But he got eaten by a sarlacc. I was friends with him before he died though." He looks up at her looking her over with some interest.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 9 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 06:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Harry Selous (msg #72):

Yeah, some kit would be good sir
Agial'ili
 player, 11 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 09:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Bulyip (msg #73):

She smiled in a studied shyly manner towards the man who had smiled towards her and made what appeared to be a joke.

Then she looked at the small reptillian who had moved her way and spoken to her with some interest. His was a kind she had not met before. "Eaten by a Sarlac you say? No idea what a Sarlac is but it sounds horrible, I am sorry about your loss. It is always sad to loose a friend."
Arbiter
 GM, 182 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 15:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Splynn stands up and motions for everyone to get up as well.  "This is a conversation you could be having just as easily while we're en route to the ship you are all so eager to check out," he says.  "So, come along, we're leaving."

You follow him out to the foyer, where an elevator is waiting.  It's one of the blank, featureless models like Agial'ili, Selous, and Strickland rode up in.  "All aboard," Splynn says.  His voice loses the conversational tones he was using earlier and he continues, coldly,  "There will be guards waiting to escort you, discreetly, to my ship.  Keep your heads down, make no more noise than you need to, and don't think that our cozy little arrangement gives you carte blanche to start acting like free men.  You are all still prisoners until you're off this rock and indentured to me every second of your time afterwards until our deal is concluded.  I expect you to remember what you all owe me and not disappoint me with uncouth behavior."

He waits for you all to get in the elevator.
Garret Haskel
 player, 104 posts
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 16:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walks along into the elevator. He'll act as requested since it means a free ride off this rock.
Jared Verik
 player, 50 posts
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 17:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Jared stuffs has hands into his pockets and walks onto the elevator.
Agial'ili
 player, 12 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 22 Apr 2010
at 18:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
A prisoner? She? How could she be a prisoner, such was for criminals not for her kind. She glanced at the others. Was anyone here a prisoner except for her? She had heard stories about criminals and the more she learned about this deal, the worse it sounded to her.

But she entered the elevator without complaint. She would obey, she was good at obeying.
Harry Selous
 player, 8 posts
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 02:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry got on the elevator as well, but he didn't remain quite.

"You said we could talk about this while we moved, so let's talk. We gettin any gear?"
Bulyip
 player, 58 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 02:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Repeating the word that Bulyip like, he tries to copy the tone from Harry used, but his much higher pitched voice doesn't quite catch the nuance properly. "Gear." He nods his head up and down, hoping they will get something more as he looks back on the way to the elevator.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 10 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 07:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock

'Sparks' gets into the lift.  "SSDD" he mutters under his breath,
Garret Haskel
 player, 105 posts
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 15:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Wait until we are on the ship and off this rock before asking anymore questions."

Though he spoke quietly, there was the unmistakable note of command in his voice, and from his look he expected this command to obeyed without question.
Arbiter
 GM, 183 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Splynn doesn't get in the elevator with the group.  The continued discussion apparently fall on deaf ears as he turns and strides back towards his office, the elevator door closing between you.

The elevator ride is much shorter than the one that brought you up from the prison.  In short order, the elevator comes to a halt and the door opens on the hustle and noise of a small, private, spaceport.

Six Espos are standing there, blasters raised, obviously expecting you.  "I want you to come out, single-file, hands where I can see them.  No sudden movements.  Any of you.  Understood?" He motions to Roice, "You first."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 11 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 15:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock

"Aye, Aye!" Sparks will comply.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 73 posts
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 18:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice walks out curtly but casually, as if standing in queue at a spaceport terminal.  He doesn't speak.
Agial'ili
 player, 13 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 23 Apr 2010
at 22:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Keeping her hands visible she followed the others. It felt weird though to be considered anything else then a harmless playtoy. The idea that she was in any respect dangerous to armed guards? It was a strange idea indeed and she wondered if she liked it or not.
Garret Haskel
 player, 106 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 01:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked out of the elevator calmly Agial'ili. He guesses this was all part of the plan, so he went along with it. He remained silent as he walked along.
Harry Selous
 player, 9 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 02:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry complied. More men with guns trained on unarmed prey. What cowards. HE shrugged and kept his hands to his side and clear of his hip, not that he had anything to attack with.
Bulyip
 player, 59 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 02:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Scaled hands held up to his side, his little fingers fanning out to show they are empty, Bulyip follows up along in the rear. He watches hopeful that they are just thorough with their jobs.
Jared Verik
 player, 51 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 05:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret Haskel:
"Wait until we are on the ship and off this rock before asking anymore questions."

Though he spoke quietly, there was the unmistakable note of command in his voice, and from his look he expected this command to obeyed without question.

 Jared whispered back in an equally low tone. "not a bad Suggestion there Haskel, just be sure you dont get confused about all of our arrangements here. We aint in the army now brother." and with that he dropped it unless the other man pressed. It wasn't that Jared wasn't a team player he just never took kindly to some one deciding it was their place to command him out of the blue. That was probably what brought him to bounty hunting instead of a more stable military life. Once they were ordered out of the elevator by the armed guards Jared just smiled wryly offered a little shrug then raising his hands a bit and walked off the elevator. He had been in prison way to long for guards to start bothering him now.
Arbiter
 GM, 184 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 06:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
You all march across the hangar floor in a staggered line, Forem marching along dutifully behind.  The Espos are leading you to the only ship in the small hangar space, a SoroSuub 3000 yacht.

For those of you who know something about ships, it's one fancy pleasure boat.  Even those of you who aren't up to speed on ship statistics can tell it's an expensive luxury ship.

The ship's gangplank lowers with a hydraulic hiss and TC-9 shuffles down into view.  "Hello, everyone," it says, cheerfully.  "Welcome aboard the Capital Investment.  Master Splynn has asked that I greet you and see that you are all safely secured in your cabins.  I have been told to inform you that you will be locked in, but that I will be available to bring you food, refreshments, or anything else within reasonable means to make the trip as enjoyable as possible."

The protocol droid moves aside so the Espos can escort you on board.

OOC: SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 3000
http://www.romanorum.net/starw...ps/SoroSuub3000.html

Bulyip
 player, 60 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 07:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Excited that the ship is open, and they are being led to it, Bulyip likes the idea of being aboard such a luxurious ship. While he trailed at the end of the line, he made a dash for the ramp once it's clear it's for them to enjoy.
Agial'ili
 player, 14 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 11:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She led herself be escorted and locked into a room. Not making any hostile moves whatsoever. Just quiet and docile, just what the guards liked.
Garret Haskel
 player, 107 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 11:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret followed a guard into his room and laid down on the bed to get some rest. It certainly was a big step up from the cots they had in the prison.
Harry Selous
 player, 10 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 18:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry allowed the armed guards to escort him to his room, then sat down and looked happy until the guards left, then he promptly stood up and began searching the room, looking for any possible weapons, escape option, or information.

He didn't like not having options if things went south, not to mention that he'd been on a ship like this before as a guide for a hunting trip and it had had a nice little store of weaponry. IF he could get out of the room, he could check to see if this one had any.
Agial'ili
 player, 15 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 19:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
First thing first, finding the bugs and other surveillance systems the room would have to keep track of it's guests. But without making it obvious that she was doing so.

So instead of checking out the room, looking for hidden things, she went looking for rooms as if she was admiring it. Touching fabrics experimentally, playing with the items as if she was seeing this kind of things for the first time. She draped a soft cloth around her body to feel the softness and using the cloth as cover, started to search the room for Security devices.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 12 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 21:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock

Sparks will comply, no fuss.
Jared Verik
 player, 52 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2010
at 22:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You know an armed man has never forced me some where so nice before. few armed ladies have, but well a gentle never kisses and tells" Jared offered off the cuff to the room at large as he was escorted into the ship.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 74 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 00:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Don't get too comfortable," Roice says to Jared.  "The bunks on the Tracker aren't nearly as fancy."  He looks to one of the Espos.  "Anyway, these are still just glorified jail cells."
Arbiter
 GM, 185 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 03:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
After a quick scramble to catch Bulyip before he can get away and make mischief on the ship, you are all marched through the main deck (dining room and a hot tub!?!  Swank!) to the private cabins.  There are only 5 cabins and 8 of you, counting Forem.

Roice, Haskel, and Forem are stuck in one room together.  Agial'ili and Bulyip share another.  Verik, Strickland, and Selous each end up with a private chamber.

Selous immediately starts stalking his room like a caged animal and Bulyip makes himself a nest in the closet as Agial'ili admires the decor.

Shortly after you're all locked into your cabins, the thrum of engines vibrates through the ship and you can see the scenery sliding by outside.  You're finally on you way to freedom.  Maybe.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 75 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 04:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Forem, we need to get that restraint bolt off of you."

He looks around the luxurious cabin.

"Something tells me that hydrospanners don't come standard in these quarters."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:31, Sun 25 Apr 2010.

4-M-3PO
 NPC, 9 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 04:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Indeed, Captain Delfinn," the droid replies.  "A cursory examination of our quarters shows a lack of objects that could have any alternate utilitarian or combat function.  I am not programmed for decorative aesthetics, but it does seem as if some items have been removed.  I would hazard to guess that our new employer doesn't fully trust us."
Agial'ili
 player, 16 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 08:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Satisfied with the knowledge that at least parts of the cabin were well monitored Agial'ili was happy to find out that due to the nature of the setup, there were a few blind spots to the sensors that she could use when needed. Satisfied with the information she turned towards the entertainment center of the cabin.

"What kind of music would you like?" she asked the small lizard.
Harry Selous
 player, 11 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 12:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry gave the door to his room a knock to get someone's attention. The one thing about jail he had liked the least was the bars and locks. He'd been a prisoner in a prison, now he was a prisoner on a luxury yacht. That was rich.

"Hey, somebody said something about food?" He called through the door.

When it opened, if it opened, he'd check to see what kind of security was outside, and if it would be possible to get out and wander the ship.
Garret Haskel
 player, 108 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 13:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You would be wise to not speak so plainly Roice. They will be recording everything we are saying, and are watching us. We can worry about the restraining bolt once we get to your ship."
Jared Verik
 player, 53 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 15:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
 With no one shooting at him, beating on him, or generally trying to make him dead in the last few hours Jared decided to mark today down as not so bad and do what he hadn't been able to do for long then he care to think about. Namely turn in early. So he drifted off to sleep unconcerned with locks or bugs or any such business, the bed really was much more comfortable then the prison's had been.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 76 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 23:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shakes his head.  "You don't get it, do you.  If, right now, I verbally quoted a well-thought out and plausible plan for the prompt assassination of Gaylor Splynn, it wouldn't amount to a single atom of worry for him.  Don't you think he's thought all of this through already?  He's expecting us to try to slide our way out of it somehow."
Garret Haskel
 player, 109 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 23:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course our new employer doesn't trust us droid. The man is quite obviously not a fool. If you really want that bolt removed I suggest using the door. I could use some food and drink anyway."
Bulyip
 player, 61 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 02:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
"What kind of music would you like?"


Catching his attention, Bulyip shrugs his shoulders, asking, "I don't know,...do you sing? I like happy songs. Make my feet dance kind of songs. You sing like that?"
Arbiter
 GM, 186 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 03:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Shortly after Selous knocks, Splynn's protocol droid, TC-9, opens the door.  "Yes, Mr. Selous?  Is there something I can get for you?"

OOC: Selous, make a Perception roll, please.
Agial'ili
 player, 17 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 07:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Bulyip (msg #110):

"Happy dancing songs? No, I dot sing like that, but this machine here does. Wait", she kneeled down in front of the machine twigging with its controls to find some popular happy tunes. Noticing they had music from the famous band R'otahr IBung she selected that one. As reward a fast happy song emerged from hidden speakers, A blend of exotic instruments and a cheery raw voice singing.

She looked back towards the lizard: "This happy enough for you? Does it make your feet dance?"

She stood up, making a sweeping bow towards him and extended one of her hands: "Can I have this dance?"
Arbiter
 GM, 187 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 14:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Selous: You almost instantly notice the large, dark-skinned man standing in the corridor behind the droid.  He's dressed in regular clothes, but everything about the man, from the way he carries himself to his haircut, screams "Security".  There's also a fairly conspicuous holstered blaster hanging from his belt.

He's not looking directly at you, but he's also not ignoring you, either.
Harry Selous
 player, 12 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 13:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry smiles, then looks to the droid.

"I could use a drink and maybe a sandwich." he said to the droid.

When the droid came back with the stuff, he'd see where the guard was, and go from there.

He stuck his head out of the corridor to check for any other guards.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 13 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 15:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Harry Selous (msg #114):

"Is there any tea?" calls 'Sparks' to the droid.
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I think I might just do that," Forem replies to Haskel's comment.  He steps up to the door and knocks.  It opens and the plain-clothes security guard is standing on the other side, staring impassively at the droid.

"What?" he says.

"My Captain and Private Haskel," Forem indicates Roice, "Would like some refreshment and ordered me to go get it for them.  Is this acceptable?"

The guard thinks for a minute, then nods.  "Yeah.  Just ask the Threep where the food is, she'll show you."

"Thank you, sir," Forem says, bowing in his best imitation of a humble protocol droid.  "I will return shortly with your meals, gentlemen," he says.  "Is there anything else you require, Captain?"
Arbiter
 GM, 188 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Selous: "Of course, Mr. Selous," TC-9 replies, bowing stiffly and backing up.  The door closes quickly, but you have enough time to peek out and do a quick scan of the corridor.  It looks like the one guard is the only one in the immediate area.

Strickland: Your door opens and TC-9 says, "I'm sorry, Mr. Strickland, did you need something?  I didn't hear your specific request."
Agial'ili
 player, 18 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 16:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Not making your feet dance does it? Hmmm, let me see how about this one?"

As the little lizard did not seem interested in the excellent dancing music, she tried another song and then another to find some music that the lizard would like. Just something to pass the time.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 14 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 17:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #117):

"TEA mate!  Is there any decent tea?"
Arbiter
 GM, 189 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 18:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yes, Mr. Strickland," replies TC-9.  "The ship's galley is stocked with several excellent varieties.  We have Alderaan Green Mist, Kothunga Grey, a special blend from Neimoidia--a personal favorite of Master Splynn's, and an herbal mix that is good for relaxation.  I am on my way to the galley to fetch refreshment for Mr. Selous and would be happy to brew you a pot of whatever you would like."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 77 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 18:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice waves his hand and mumbles something nonchalantly in Hapanese.
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 18:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course, Captain," Forem nods, then heads off to find TC-9.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 15 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 21:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"a special blend from Neimoidia--a personal favorite of Master Splynn's,"



Anything good enough for Vice Prex Splynn is good enough for me.
Arbiter
 GM, 190 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 21:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: "Very good, sir," TC-9 replies, bowing and stepping back as the door shuts again.  You catch a quick view of Delfinn's M-3PO, Forem, joining the protocol droid and the two of them heading off towards--you assume--the ship's galley.
Bulyip
 player, 62 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 02:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
"Not making your feet dance does it? Hmmm, let me see how about this one?"

Bobbing his head to the beat for a moment, he is rather distracted by the shine given off from a reflection in the room. Slow to respond to her questions, the diminutive Aleena looks back at her, realizing she was talking to him.

"It's good. Really." Understanding that she seems bored, he tries to show more interest in her. "You like to dance? You remind me of a holovid I saw once. Though the Twi'lek was less dancing, and more blue. What do you call those things on your head?" Stopping his rambling, Bulyip goes up towards the player that she's manipulating, and he looks ready to press and twist buttons and dials.
Agial'ili
 player, 19 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 10:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Go ahead, plenty to listen to", she said though didn't bother answering his questions. TH=he lizard did seem to have a very short attention span so why bother telling him something he would have forgotten that he had asked before she had finished speaking.
Arbiter
 GM, 191 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 16:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
TC-9 stops off at Verik's cabin briefly, but sees that he's sleeping and moves on.  The protocol droid and Forem make a final stop at the cabin shared by Agial'ili and Bulyip.

"I am fetching refreshments for your companions," TC-9 explains as it stands in the open door and looks in.  "Is there anything I can get for either of you?"
Agial'ili
 player, 20 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 16:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh yes, I am hungry." With a bit of thought she ordered some food and beverage, curious how far the hospitality would go she ordered some snackfood as well, stuff that would keep and light enough to take with her.
Bulyip
 player, 63 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 02:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Looking up at the opening of their door, Bulyip listens to his Twi'Lek companions choices, and he gets hungry at the hearing of choices she makes. Nodding his head in agreement to her selection, Bulyip taps himself on the chest with his finger a few times, adding, "Me too! Same thing!" He says excitedly about wanting to eat and drink.
Agial'ili
 player, 21 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 06:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She smiles in amusement, the small lizard sure is a feisty little creature.  "What he says, bring him the same"
Arbiter
 GM, 192 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 15:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course," the droid says pleasantly, bowing.  "I will return shortly with your requested items."

The door closes, and in the brief instant before your view of the corridor is cut off, Forem flashes a brief, surreptitious thumbs-up gesture.
Garret Haskel
 player, 110 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 15:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Where do you plan on going once you get your ship back?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 78 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 17:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Exactly what Splynn tells us to do.  He's got his hands in many pots, and I imagine we'll be doing some unofficial stirring."

He plops down on a bed and makes himself comfortable.

"There will be ample opportunity for us to benefit from this as well.  The way I see it, we got our freedom, a chance to, ah, legally pay off our debts, and a potentially lucrative job in one fell swoop."
Garret Haskel
 player, 111 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 17:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm sure we will have some free time while doing this guy's work. I would like to pay Naboo a visit if we ever find ourselves nearby. I don't have any legal debts; except to Splynn of course; that need paying off. I just hope we don't have to go into Imperial Space to do these jobs. I don't think even this guy has the money to make treason and desertion charges disappear."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 79 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 18:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You obviously haven't done much business in the Corporate Sector.  Given the choice, I'd much rather try to bribe an Imperial officer than a CorpSec Authority agent.  Imperials, they'll avoid bureaucracy and tedium if they can help it.  The CSA guys relish paperwork."
Garret Haskel
 player, 112 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 18:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Until I was conscripted I had never been off Naboo. I'm free of my forced service to them and free of that prison. I don't intend to get captured by them a third time."
Bulyip
 player, 64 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 1 May 2010
at 02:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Seeing the droid give a thumb's up, Bulyip finds some amusement in the action, and starts to put his hand in a fist, and slowly bring his thumb out, more to the side than up. Twisting his hand to one side and then the other slowly, Bulyip relaxes his hand, wiggling his little fingers out before looking up at Agial'ili expectantly.
Agial'ili
 player, 22 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 1 May 2010
at 07:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She had no idea what they were using the hand signals for, nor what they meant, so she just shrugged and apologetically and went back to the music console to find some soothing music to help her relax a bit.
Arbiter
 GM, 194 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 May 2010
at 15:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The droids return in short order carrying trays of food and drink.

Agial'ili and Bulyip: As requested, TC-9 brings you food, drink, and a selection of snacks.  There's far more of the latter than you need immediately, perhaps the droid is just happy to be serving people instead of acting as an impromptu warden?

Forem nods to the two of you, then says to his fellow droid, "I will take these to Captain Delfinn and Corporal Haskel." He heads off down the hall with his tray.

"I hope this will do for now," TC-9 says as it hands over the food.  "Since you made no specific requests, I tried to bring you a range of items that I know are palatable for both Twi'leks and Aleena."

OOC: There are snacks and they are tasty.  Feel free to indulge your imaginations.  I didn't have time to do in-depth research of Star Wars snack foods. ;)

Roice and Haskel: Forem enters, the door closing behind him.  He's carrying a tray with some sandwiches and a pair of tall mugs.  Setting the tray down, he picks up the mugs and brings them to Roice, saying something in Hapanese.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 80 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 16:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods and fishes around in the mugs.
Garret Haskel
 player, 114 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 16:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So, what's on the menu?"

He didn't sound very interested, as he doubted the ship had any kind of delicacies that came from Naboo.
Arbiter
 GM, 195 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 May 2010
at 17:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Haskel: Roice pulls a butter knife from one of the mugs.  The other contains a 2-prong serving fork.  Neither are what one would call "weapons"...

"All of the cutlery was secure," Forem explains.  "I managed to sneak out these while TC-9 wasn't looking.  I'm lucky she isn't permanently assigned to this ship.  If she'd had a manifest of galley utensils there's no way I would have gotten anything out of there."

Indeed, there are no Naboo delicacies on the plate.  But the sandwiches are thinly-sliced roast bantha, and there's a bowl of nerf-liver pate with toast points on the side.  It's definitely better than the last prison meal you remember eating.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 81 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 18:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice looks at the droid with chagrin.  "You had to sneak eating utensils out along with a platter of things to eat?  Clever."

He takes the knife and says, "Come here."  He motions to Forem's restraining bolt.  "Let's see if we can pry that thing off."
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 12 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 18:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"There's a reason I brought you sandwiches and pate, Captain," Forem replies, sounding miffed.  But he dutifully steps forward as instructed.  "Please be careful," he asks, "this is definitely not standard operating procedure as described in my owner's manual..."

OOC: Make a Droid Repair roll.  This will be a Very Difficult action (how Very Difficult I'm not going to say :P).

Good luck.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 82 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 21:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Relax, this shouldn't hurt a bit."

Before he does any actual prying, Roice pokes and prods around the bolt for a few minutes, examining it carefully and trying to piece together exactly how it interfaces with the droid control neurology.

(Shall I make a Droid Programming check?)
Arbiter
 GM, 196 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 May 2010
at 21:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Go for it

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:40, Mon 03 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 13 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 3 May 2010
at 22:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry just waited by the door for the droid to come back. He was running thoughts and plans through his head to decide what he should do when it got there.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 83 posts
Tue 4 May 2010
at 00:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
It takes Roice only a few seconds to realize that he's in way over his head concerning improvisational droid surgery, and he rolls his eye as he discards the utensils.

(Yeah, don't even bother looking at the result, unless you're in the mood for a laugh.)
Agial'ili
 player, 23 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 4 May 2010
at 08:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Taking her share of the food, she found a nice spot to sit and started to eat the food with relish. The food was very good and tickled her taste buds in the right places. She enjoyed it enormously, now that was a droid worth having. She didn't touch the snacks, just hid them all over her gear and clothing. Those would be for later use, if needed.

Then her eye fell on a data access port, conveniently close to music console. Considering the locations of the sensors she figured that she could pretend to select and browse the music while accessing the port.

She emerged from her char and said, lets find us some nice music and moved to the music console again. Pretending to browse through the music, she quickly got her pocket computer out and plugged it in. Let's see what you can tell me of our destination my little pet.
Arbiter
 GM, 197 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 4 May 2010
at 17:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: TC-9 brings you a tray with teapot, mug, and cream and sugar.  "Here you are, Mr. Strickland," it says.  "I hope you enjoy it."

Roice: Forem can't help but breathe a synthetic sigh of relief as you back off of your plan to go after his restraining bolt.  "Thank you, Captain," he says, "I was about to tell you the odds of success in your attempt, but I was afraid that would only make your hands shaky."

Agial'ili: You plug the little computer into the dataport and a message appears on your screen.  [GREETINGS, MISS AGIAL'ILI] it says [APPARENTLY THE GUARDS DID A POOR JOB OF SEARCHING YOU WHEN YOU WERE BROUGHT IN FOR OUR LITTLE TALK.  I DON'T BLAME THEM, YOUR OUTFIT WOULD MAKE IT DIFFICULT FOR ANY MALE SAPIENT TO CONCENTRATE ON HIS WORK.  HERE IS THE DATA YOU REQUESTED: . . .]

The screen fills with info on the ship's destination: a CSA ship impound yard orbiting the planet Malvik V.

Once the datafeed is finished, the message returns, only this type it appears as if it's being typed out realtime.

[WHILE I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO CONVEY TO YOUR COMPANIONS--YOU MAY RELAY THIS MESSAGE THROUGH TC-9 IF YOU WISH--THAT WHILE I APPRECIATE HIGH SPIRITEDNESS IN MY EMPLOYEES, I WOULD PREFER IF THEY NOT TEAR UP MY PRIVATE YACHT OR ENGAGE IN ANY FOOLHARDY BEHAVIOR WHILE ENJOYING THE AMENITIES.  REST ASSURED THAT ONCE THE SHIP IS IN FREE SPACE AND CLEAR OF OBSERVATION I INTEND TO GIVE YOU ALL RESTRICTED BUT REASONABLE ACCESS TO THE FACILITIES ON BOARD.  NOW, IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO DISCONNECT YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE SHIP'S SYSTEMS.  ALSO, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE TREATS, TC-9 IS SUCH AN EXCELLENT COOK AND I KNOW IT'S GLAD TO HAVE PEOPLE TO WAIT ON.  SPLYNN OUT.]

The screen goes dark.
Agial'ili
 player, 24 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 4 May 2010
at 18:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She stared at her datascreen, unplugged the pocket computer and made a formal elegant bow to the camera's in a manner that spoke of years of dance training. Then she rang for TC-9.
Jared Verik
 player, 54 posts
Wed 5 May 2010
at 04:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Jared rolled over, deep asleep and having a rather pleasant dream the nature of which is simply no one else' business. This was by far the most comfortable he had been in a long long while.....
Harry Selous
 player, 14 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 5 May 2010
at 06:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry shrugged when the droid took so long to get to his room. Now his desire to beat someone had subsided in favor of a desire to sleep and maybe grab some chow before their 'missions' started.
Arbiter
 GM, 202 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 May 2010
at 12:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Seeing that Strickland had nothing further to say to the droid, TC-9 leaves the tray and moved on.

It finally delivers the last tray of food to Selous' room.  "Here you are, Mr. Selous," it says, setting down the food and drink.  "Is there anything else I can do for you?  Perhaps you would like some new clothing?" its skeptical disdain of your current outfit is obvious as the protocol droid looks you over.  "I was going to fetch new outfits for Mr. Strickland and Miss Agial'ili as well.  That poor girl is going to catch her death of cold at our destination if she wanders around dressed as she is now." the droid tuts disapprovingly and shakes its head.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:57, Wed 05 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 16 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 5 May 2010
at 17:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry sat up and gave a look to the door, but decided to forget about it. HE took a drink from the tray as the droid spoke of clothing.

"Sure, you can bring me new clothes, but nothing to tight or brightly colored. Wouldn't be a good hunter if I couldn't move or blend in a little. As for the Twi'lek, I doubt she'd want to change. That sort of clothing is all I ever see her people wear."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Wed 05 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 203 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 May 2010
at 18:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh, I have just the thing for you!  And I believe it's even in your size!" TC-9 enthuses, rushing out of the room.  As the door closes you can hear it mutter "Well, I'm at least going to get her to wear a jacket!  That much exposed skin is just asking for frostbite."
Arbiter
 GM, 206 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 May 2010
at 17:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
After a day or so of hyperspace travel, Splynn lives up to his word and you are all released and given wider access to the ship.  The plainclothes security guard watches you all like a hawk, but otherwise remains in the background while you enjoy the luxury accommodations on board the yacht.

Another day's travel sees you come out of hyperspace on the outskirts of a system lit by a small, dim red dwarf star.  The ship passes within near orbit of a planet Agial'ili's computer indicates is Malvik VI.  The view out the ship's windows is unpleasant; Malvik VI is a blasted, lifeless rock with a swirling atmosphere of miasmic smog and pollution.  There's a convoy of massive cargo vessels orbiting the planet like a man-made ring, with smaller shuttles ferrying back and forth from the surface.

The ship continues on past this sight and into empty space, Malvik VI fading into the distance behind.  It's several more hours before the ship begins to slow and you catch sight of another planet.  Like the previous world, Malvik V is a dead, polluted ball of rock.  As the ship moves into orbit over the world you can see huge scars on the surface, signs of strip-mining on an almost unimaginable scale.

Ahead, orbiting over the planet, is your destination.  CSA Impound Yard G-574 is a battered old Lucrehulk cargoship--Clone Wars surplus--that's been refit as a space station.  The ship's titanic cargo arms appear to be landing bays, with dozens of freighters and similar-sized ships parked, and a few larger ships tethered to the station by docking tubes.

The yacht slips between the semi-circular docking arms and heads for the spherical habitation/control section in the middle.  A large hatch opens, revealing another docking bay, that the ship slips into and comes to rest in the small, single-ship bay.  There's a brief moment of disorientation as the yacht shuts down and you go from its artificial gravity to the slightly lighter pull of the station's internal gravity.

TC-9 meets you at the exit ramp.  “I have been ordered to give Miss Agial’ili and Mr. Strickland these,” she hands each of you a bundled toolkit.  “Master Splynn would like you to begin examining the Sun Tracker’s systems as soon as you are on board.” It bows to the rest of you, “It has been a pleasure serving you, and I wish you well on your journey.”

The nameless security guard escorts you down the ramp, where you are met by a male Arconan in dirty fatigues.  “You here to pick up or drop off…?” he asks in a disinterred monotone, his gold-colored eyes not bothering to focus on any of you specifically.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 85 posts
Fri 7 May 2010
at 17:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Pick up.  I'm Roice Delfinn, and we're here to retrieve the Sun Tracker."
Arbiter
 GM, 207 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 May 2010
at 18:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The reptilian humanoid waves a disinterested hand and mutters, "Pick Up's this way.  Follow me." He trudges off towards an airlock in the back of the bay.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 18 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 7 May 2010
at 18:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock

Sparks will fall in behind Captain Delfinn, following the Arconan..
Garret Haskel
 player, 119 posts
Fri 7 May 2010
at 19:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret follows the Arconian as he leads them to the airlock. He looks around, taking in the surroundings, and the various beings in the area.
Agial'ili
 player, 29 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 7 May 2010
at 22:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Checking the bundled toolkit Agial'ili follows the others. Turning to Mr. Strickland she asks: "I think we best start with a check of the Reactor Core before we move to the Impulse and Hyperdrive Engine, do you agree?"
Harry Selous
 player, 17 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 7 May 2010
at 23:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry rolled his eyes. They give the mechanics tools, but no guns for the fighters. What a nice notion. He was sure they could all survive whatever was coming without weaponry.

"Alright, let's get to the ship I guess." He said with a shrug, walking off after the rest of the crew.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 19 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 8 May 2010
at 08:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
Turning to Mr. Strickland she asks: "I think we best start with a check of the Reactor Core before we move to the Impulse and Hyperdrive Engine, do you agree?"


Sparks glanced at the Twi-Lek briefly, seemimgly unmoved by her physical attributes...

"You fill yer boots luv.  I'm a flight tech, so I'll start in the cockpit with the avionics."
Agial'ili
 player, 30 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 8 May 2010
at 10:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
"You fill yer boots luv.  I'm a flight tech, so I'll start in the cockpit with the avionics."


If she missed him not glancing at her assets, she didn't show as she was busy going over things in her mind.

"That's fine, I'll try to give you power as soon as I can. But with a cold bootup from a reactor that can take a while. You might consider bringing a powerdroid in the meantime"

Roice Delfinn
 player, 86 posts
Sat 8 May 2010
at 16:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Hearing the others talk ship-tech, Roice inwardly heaves a sigh of relief.  He begins to formulate a couple of questions to ask the bored spacedock worker, but thinks better of it and follows the Arconan in silence.
Arbiter
 GM, 208 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 10 May 2010
at 18:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
You don't encounter anyone else as you follow the dock worker, which strikes you as odd, because a ship/station this big has to have some sort of crew to maintain it, right?

The Arconan leads you through a series of corridors--dirty, shoddily patched and repaired, dimly lit--to a small office that says "Reclamations" on the door.  He enters the office, motioning the rest of you to follow him.  The shabby little room looks--and smells--like it was originally a lavatory that someone pulled the 'freshers out of and slapped in a desk.  Said desk is buried under piles of hardcopy, which the Arconan brushes aside to reveal a small computer terminal.

"What'd you say the ship was named again?  Wait, I remember..." He types a few keys and says, "Sun Tracker, right?  Which one of you is Delfinn?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 20 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 10 May 2010
at 19:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"What'd you say the ship was named again?  Wait, I remember..." He types a few keys and says, "Sun Tracker, right?  Which one of you is Delfinn?"



Sparks jerks a thumb towards Delfinn, "That's yer man mate!"
Arbiter
 GM, 209 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 10 May 2010
at 20:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The dock worker turns his disinterested gaze to Roice, "Gotta note here says the impound and docking fees have already been paid." He hands you a slip of paper with some letter and numbers scrawled on it.  "Dock 2, Slip 1-4-7.  The crew guy you sent ahead with payment's already down there prepping the ship.  Thank-you-and-have-a-nice-day."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:15, Mon 10 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 21 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 10 May 2010
at 20:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock


"Lets crack on boss.  Can't wait to get on wiv it!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 87 posts
Mon 10 May 2010
at 22:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Crew guy?  What crew guy?"

Then it hits him.  Roice's eyes narrow as he thinks of the uncooperative Gungan, "prepping the ship."

He smirks slyly.  "Oh is he now?  We'll see about that."

He thinks for a few seconds, then turns to Strickland and Agail'ili.  "What sort of warm-up time we looking at?  I'm talking bare minimum, from dock-pavement cold to basic maneuvering thrusters?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 120 posts
Mon 10 May 2010
at 22:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That irritable gungan is on the ship? I hope you all weren't expecting a peaceful departure. Just don't sneak up on him, it's a good way to get shot." he warned, seeing the sly look on Roice's face.
Harry Selous
 player, 18 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 10 May 2010
at 23:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry didn't know who they were talking about, but by the sound of it, he might finally get to have some fun. He hadn't hit anything in a while. He smiled.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 22 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 11 May 2010
at 08:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
He thinks for a few seconds, then turns to Strickland and Agail'ili.  "What sort of warm-up time we looking at?  I'm talking bare minimum, from dock-pavement cold to basic maneuvering thrusters?"


"Difficult to say boss.  If she's been standin' idle for months, it could take a few days to get 'er off the deck.  If she's a good girl, she might start up right away.  The 'book' says a complete diagnostic on all systems is required.  Certainly wouldn't want to use the 'yperdrive without testing it first...  When was 'er last overhaul?"

On the other hand, I we don't need to rush off, we might be able to 'salvage' quite a bit of kit from this station before we leave.  Equipment, spares, and stuff like that.  Leaving unprepared might put us at a disa'vantage la'er."


Sparks turns to Agail'ili, "We could just check the primary systems, reactor core, life support, navigation, and hyperdrive?"
Agial'ili
 player, 31 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 11 May 2010
at 09:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
Sparks turns to Agail'ili, "We could just check the primary systems, reactor core, life support, navigation, and hyperdrive?"


Agial'ili looked nervous. Starting up an unknown ship after months of rests sounded really not as a good thing to her.

"At the minimum, we also do not know if there are consumables, fuel aboard as well. But I seriously recommend we take our time, we could wreck the ship and ourselves by being hasty here"

Arbiter
 GM, 210 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 May 2010
at 12:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
On the other hand, I we don't need to rush off, we might be able to 'salvage' quite a bit of kit from this station before we leave.  Equipment, spares, and stuff like that.  Leaving unprepared might put us at a disa'vantage la'er."


Rather than looking alarmed at Strickland's blatant suggestion that they loot the impound yard, the Arconan simply sighs in resignation and mutters "third time this week..."

He sweeps more papers off his desk and hits a conspicuous button, which causes all sorts of mechanical ratcheting and clanking to go on in the wall behind him.  Two panels--up until this point seamlessly concealed in the wall--open up, revealing a pair of B-1 battle droids, each sporting blaster carbines in their skeletal hands.

"See these folks to their ship," the Arconan mutters to the droids, taking a salt stick out of his pocket and idly twirling it in his fingers.  "Dock 2, Slip 1-4-7.  And make sure they don't touch anything on the way."

"Roger, roger!" grates the droid he addresses.  "G'wan, moveit!" rasps the other, making "get moving" gestures with its blaster.
Garret Haskel
 player, 122 posts
Tue 11 May 2010
at 12:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Nice work Strickland."

Garret complied with the armed droids, though he was irritated at having another blaster pointed at him already.
Agial'ili
 player, 33 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 11 May 2010
at 19:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Battle droids, how interesting, as far as she knew armed droids were at the least illegal since their use in the Clone Wars. Interesting though that they seemed to posses a personality. That could mean that they did not rely in a droid control computer. She longed to take one apart to check what trick of programming made them tick. Though, the blaster in its hand did not promise well for that opportunity to appear. So she just moved along, thinking about the problem of getting the ship spaceborne as fast as possible.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 88 posts
Tue 11 May 2010
at 19:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice blinks at the droids.  "This is uncalled for," he says to the dockworker.  "Our technician misspoke--an understandable mindset, coming from his previous mechanic position...  overworked, under-appreciated, underpaid..."  He looks pointedly at the Arconan.  "It's almost like he was unofficially in charge of the entire dock, doing all the hard work while his supervisors sat around drinking coffeine and idly doing paperwork."

He glances at Strickland expectantly.  "Isn't that right, Strick?"

He looks back to the Arconan.  "What he means by 'salvage' is, when you're the strong link in the chain, and you've got limited resources and high expectations piled onto you, you make do with what you've got."  He motions to the battledroids.  "Like having to put up with rusty, hard-to-maintain, second-hand Confederate droids for guards, rather than warm bodies with some actual security acumen."

He nods and looks at the Arconan sympathetically.  "I'm just saying, he doesn't mean that we'll salvage things that don't belong to us...  Just that, you know, if there's a possibility that a crew that needs a speedy turnaround on checkout paperwork and power-up for launch, if there were anything we could possibly do in exchange for that...  Lots of strong arms in this lot...  Oh well."

He gives the dockworker a friendly and knowing pat on the shoulder, and says, "Thanks for your time," shrugging dejectedly, then turns to follow the droids.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 23 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 11 May 2010
at 22:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice blinks at the droids.  "This is uncalled for," he says to the dockworker.  "Our technician misspoke--an understandable mindset, coming from his previous mechanic position...  overworked, under-appreciated, underpaid..."  He looks pointedly at the Arconan.  "It's almost like he was unofficially in charge of the entire dock, doing all the hard work while his supervisors sat around drinking coffeine and idly doing paperwork."

He glances at Strickland expectantly.  "Isn't that right, Strick?"


Yeah, what he said.  If we wanted to kill you and steal your kit, you'd be dead already.  Lets barter awhile eh?  Surely you've got stuff that don't work properly, needs repairing?  Maybe we could fix it for stuff we need.  Some spares for our journey, so lets do a deal...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 89 posts
Wed 12 May 2010
at 02:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
(4D+1 plus 1 CP for a total of 15.

21:03, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 5 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5. +1 CP to Con Roll.
21:02, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 10 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,3,1,{Wild}3. Con roll.)
Arbiter
 GM, 214 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 12 May 2010
at 14:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
For a moment, the Arconan seems to listen, until Strickland adds,
Timothy Strickland:
If we wanted to kill you and steal your kit, you'd be dead already.


He frowns and motions to the battle droids.  "Get these scumbags outta my office and off this station.  If they give you any trouble, shoot 'em."

The Arconan ignores anything else you might have to say as he starts sucking on the salt stick and idly reading through pages of impound orders.

The droids move forward menacingly, and shove you out of the office.  "Move it!" one says.  "Yeah, what he said!" responds the other.

You are goaded back down the corridor you entered and then in a different direction, signs indicating that you're now headed towards Dock Two.  You pass a few bedraggled dock workers of different species, none of them bothering to make eye contact or acknowledge you as they trudge off to whatever duty awaits them.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 90 posts
Wed 12 May 2010
at 16:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
His mouth tight, Roice turns and follows the droids.

"Fill your boots, indeed," he says to no one in particular.
Garret Haskel
 player, 125 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 03:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret follows after the droids to the ship. He shakes his head, completely surprised by Strickland's lack of discretion.
Arbiter
 GM, 216 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 May 2010
at 16:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The group travels silently in the wake of Strickland's failed bon mot, except for the occasional grunt of irritation as one of the battle droids prods someone to pick up the pace by jabbing their rifle barrel into the slowpoke's back.

You're escorted to Dock Two and walk out onto the expansive landing bay that at one time served as a titanic cargo hold for the Trade Federation.  You walk past several transports, shuttles, freighters, and other smallish-starships as you scan for slip 147.

Stepping around a battered old TL-1800, you arrive at your destination and finally get to lay your eyes on the ship you've been hearing about for so long now.

Despite your pessimistic expectations, the Sun Tracker appears, externally, to be in excellent shape.  She's a bit weather-beaten, but she's also well over 20 years old and well-traveled, if the stories "Uncle Burress" used to tell Roice were true.  The long, slender forward section of the ship--hallmark of the YV-100 and all other YV-series ships--sweeps over your heads as you all step around to the front of the ship.

The main gangplank is down and you can hear loud banging and cursing coming from inside.
Garret Haskel
 player, 127 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked into the ship, and followed the banging and cursing to it's source.
Harry Selous
 player, 19 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry stood outside the ship for a few moments, eying the weaponry and deciding how much experience he had with the cannons. He'd been on plenty of ships in worse shape then this one, in fact, this one looked pretty good to his eyes.

He stepped up the gang plank and followed Garret towards the sound of cursing.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 91 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice cringes as he hears what he assumes to be the Gungan performing percussive maintenance on a stubborn component, but can't help but look at his uncle's ship with some sense of nostalgic reverence.

Watching Haskel storm up the ramp, he mutters, "Permission to board granted," and walks with Selous up the plank.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:44, Thu 13 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 217 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The three of you (with the rest following, I assume?) follow the noise and see the Gungan, Tarsk Bola, pounding on the Bridge access hatch with his fist and shouting "I SAID LET ME IN YOU #&*%^&$* MEEKANIK!!!"

A polite, upbeat voice replies over a speaker in the ceiling, "As I've told you, my orders are to only open up to the Captain.  Your voice print doesn't match, my friend, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep the bridge buttoned up for now.  But allow me to once again thank you for your comments and I hope you have a super day!"

Bola bellows, slamming his fists against the door again, then stops, turning his head to glare over his shoulder.  "About time yoosa meat be gettin' here," he snarls, his stalked eyes turning to look at Roice.  "Tell the damn meekanik in there to open this door, Delfeen."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 92 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Stone-faced, Roice blinks a few times at the Gungan, then curtly says, "No."

He turns to the others.  "Let's explore a bit.  Might as well scope out quarters while we're at it."

He saunters into the crew area, looking around at the freighter's layout.
Garret Haskel
 player, 128 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 18:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret casually leans against the bulkhead, preferring to keep the clearly angry gungan under supervision.
Agial'ili
 player, 36 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 13 May 2010
at 20:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili looked with interest at the YV-100. "It doesn't look that bad, but of course you can't tell from the outside. I'll be at the reactor core if you need me"

With that she left, knowing the layout of the ship by heart until she moved towards engineering and started to do a thorough check-up of the reactor core, the very heart of every spaceship. At first glance it looked fine, but looks could be deceiving.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:30, Thu 13 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 221 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 03:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola ignores Haskel "chaperoning" him and stalks after Roice, grabbing the smaller Hapan by the arm and spinning him around.  "Yoosa thinkin' yoosa so smarty, eh?" he says, baring his teeth.  "This ship, it don't be movin' oontil meesa givin' the word, Delfeen."

Agiail'ili: You step lightly around the confrontation in the entry gangway and try to head to the engine room.  However, the access hatch is sealed.  "I'm sorry, miss," a cheerfully chipper disembodied voice says.  "Access to vital areas is restricted until I hear otherwise from the Captain. Sorry for the inconvenience and have just the best day you possibly can!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 94 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 05:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice pulls away from Bola with disdain and glares at him.

He shoots Haskel an incredibly brief glance, then angrily says to the Gungan, "Wrong.  This ship don't be movin' until I give the word, Bola.  And I'll give it when I'm damn good and ready."

He advances a short step.  "I assume Splynn has sent you along to be our little babysitter," he says coldly.  "An unnecessary action, to be sure--I can't imagine what he's thinking.  But I'll tell you what I'm thinking: if you're going to be on this freighter, you're either going to be a cooperative and useful member of the crew, or you're going to stay the hell out of our way while we do the Vice Prex's work."

He takes another short step and leans toward the Gungan.  "I'll promise you this: if you and your surly attitude cause any delays to our operations--I won't hesitate to fry you and throw your fishy corpse out the nearest airlock.  No doubt Splynn will understand exactly why I did it."

He quickly turns and walks back toward the crew area.
Arbiter
 GM, 222 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 05:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The ominous sound of powered systems going down accompanies the failure of the lights and Bola's snickering.  "Yoosa come talk to me when you decide yoosa wanna talk like civilized folks, Delfeen."

The Gungan clomps down the ramp, pausing midway down to say, "And keep da Naboo away from me, he bugs me..."

With that, Bola is gone, leaving you all standing in a dead ship.
Garret Haskel
 player, 131 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 05:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I am really starting to dislike this particular Gungan." he mumbles to himself as he watches Bola walk away from the ship.
Harry Selous
 player, 20 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 May 2010
at 12:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry smiled at the Gungun's antics.

"I don't know, I kinda like him."
Garret Haskel
 player, 132 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 12:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"In case you failed to notice: this ship isn't going anywhere anytime soon because of him."

Garret followed the Bola, intent on getting the device that disabled the ship and giving the gungan the beating of a lifetime.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:58, Fri 14 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 21 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 May 2010
at 12:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So give him what he wants, make him happy, lie, whatever you want. Play the Gungun and you can get the ship started." He shrugged, looking around the crew quarters for an area where he could set up, not that he had anything to set up.

"Send me to talk to him. He clearly already has problems with the two of you. Me however, he seems like my kinda sentient."
Agial'ili
 player, 38 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 May 2010
at 14:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"I'm sorry, miss," a cheerfully chipper disembodied voice says.  "Access to vital areas is restricted until I hear otherwise from the Captain. Sorry for the inconvenience and have just the best day you possibly can!"


Now that was interesting, the ship did have a guard of sorts. So she spoke towards the grille of the speaker, knowing that there was a sensor capable of hearing her as well: "Who is the Captain then so I can ask him to give me aces? I am here to repair things and I cannot do that until I am allowed in.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 95 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 14:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice pauses for a second, and glances up at the flickering lights and nods.

"I have doubts that he'll be cooperative with any of us, but feel free to try.  Find out if he's responsible for this power issue," he says.

After a moment, he adds quietly, "And make sure Haskel doesn't strangle him."

He turns and walks astern, looking for the engineering section.
Arbiter
 GM, 223 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 15:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice finds Agial'ili talking to a sealed door.  There's no reply to her query.

The lights are out and there's no sound of active systems in the ship.  Whatever Bola did on his way out shut the ship down completely.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 97 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 15:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Forem, light please."
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 13 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course, Captain," the droid replies, turning on his spotlight.  The corridor is now brightly lit but that doesn't help with the sealed hatch.
Arbiter
 GM, 227 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel: You head down the gangplank and find Bola leaning against one of the landing struts of the TL-1800 in the neighboring slip.  He's get a small, rectangular device in one hand and his blaster in the other.
Garret Haskel
 player, 136 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Is that the only way you can fight, with a blaster? Why don't you put that toy away, and give me the device so that we can all go our own way."

Garret walked towards Bola the whole time, doing his best to not appear overtly threatening.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 4 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan looks up as you speak and replies, as he brings the blaster up to aim at your torso, "Nobody said weesa fightin', meat.  Unless that be what yoosa sayin' now."

He holds up the device in his hand.  "And this, it be stayin' with me.  Won't work for none of yoosa anyway," he sneers, "Isomorpheec controls, yeah?  'Dese fingers, they be the only ones the buttons recognize."

Bola slips the device back into his pocket and assumes a more aggressive stance, "But yoosa can come try to get it, Naboo.  Weesa gonna have to do this dancin' at some point, yoosa and me, yeah?  Might as well bein' now so I don't be gettin' yoosa blood all over the shiny floors of my new ship."

Haskel: You know enough about Gungans to tell when one is being serious and not just making an idle threat.  Tarsk Bola is being 100% serious.
Garret Haskel
 player, 137 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret doesn't hesitate for one second to attack as he rushes forward to engage Bola before he has time to take full advantage of his greater range.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:04, Fri 14 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 25 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks will find somewhere to sit in the ship(lounge/mess), and wait for the child's play to stop.
Agial'ili
 player, 39 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh", she said in surprise. "This ship got a kill switch" She sat down and got some tools from her backpack and started to open some panels.

"Probably connected to the main core or an override of the computer. Once I am inside I am sure that I can deactivate it."

Having the panels removed, she started to fiddle with the mechanical parts. "Now in a secure environment, the controls for the hatches would be put in a place where you can't reach them. Of course such is not practical on a transport. For one thing you don't expect to have a need for so much security plus those hatches need to be serviced and so I can override them by disconnecting the lock mechanism. Then it is matter of strength to raise the hatch."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 98 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice blinks at her in surprise.

"Ah... so...  You think you can restore power it?"

He motions to the droid.  "Forem, closer, more light."

He looks at he closed bulkhead for a second, hand on his chin.  "That integrated droid wouldn't let Bola into the bridge, it said it needed the captain's voice print...  Odds are then that he wouldn't have proper access to place a remote kill switch..."

He rubs his temples to job his limited ship repair knowledge.  "Is it possible that there's some sort of power disruptor on the exterior?  Stuck to or wired into the hull?"
Harry Selous
 player, 22 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry nodded at the last suggestion to not let Haskel kill the gungun, then turned to go after the hostile being. Unfortunately, by the time he turned around, Haskel was already out of the ship.

Harry sighed inwardly. From what he'd seen already of the pair's interactions, he wouldn't have much time to get there before one of them tried to kill the other.

He made his way off the ship, just in time to see Haskel charge straight at a locked and loaded blaster. He wasn't sure if the man from Naboo was psychotic or just stupid, but there was something seriously wrong with your head to attack a blaster from the front. Harry didn't have a problem fighting armed opponents, but he didn't just bull rush them, that was a last ditch move. He'd killed enough beasts by goading them in to a charge to know that.

He leaned back against some crates to watch. It was to late to stop the fight from starting, but if Haskel managed to reach the Gungun before the weapon fired, he'd be able to pull them off each other.
Arbiter
 GM, 229 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 21:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Agial'ili: The Twi'lek tech expertly removes the plate covering the door's control hydraulics and cuts the feedlines, allowing you to now pry the door open by hand.

OOC: Decide whether you're going to combine your Strength actions to pull open the door (I'll forgo the Command roll).  If so, Roice, roll 3D (I'm fudging this for the sake of convenience).

Haskel and Bola: The fight is kicked off by Haskel charging across the deck at the Gungan, who fires off a shot at the same time.  The shot catches Haskel in the shoulder.
OOC: Haskel, make a Strength roll to resist damage.  Roll high.  Consider using a CP if you need to.  Once whether or not you're injured is resolved, I'll figure out what happens with your attack roll.
Garret Haskel
 player, 139 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 21:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM to Arbiter
Arbiter
 GM, 232 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 15 May 2010
at 14:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Against all expectation, Haskel somehow doesn't die or even sustain serious injury as Bola's shot grazes his shoulder.  He crosses the distance to the shocked Gungan in a flash and deal's a vicious cross-jaw strike to Bola, sending him lurching back.

OOC: Haskel roll for Brawling damage.

New Initiative

Bola (if he's not stunned)
Haskel
Roice Delfinn
 player, 99 posts
Sat 15 May 2010
at 16:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice eyes the heavy engineering bulkhead, and says, "Hey Strickland, come back here and help us try to lift this."
Agial'ili
 player, 40 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 15 May 2010
at 20:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Is it possible that there's some sort of power disruptor on the exterior?  Stuck to or wired into the hull?"

She nodded thinking about the possibility: "That is indeed a good possibility, I will know more when I check the reactor and the wiring. Worst case we need to rewire things to get the ship up and running to circumvent such a device"


"But first I need to get inside, If you lift it high enough Captain then I'll slip in and try to find something to wedge under the hatch."

She looked at Forum. "Can't you help with the lifting bit?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:36, Sat 15 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 28 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 15 May 2010
at 22:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Aye aye Cap'n!"
Sparks will offer some assistance to Delfinn and Agail'ili.  Before putting his shoulder to the bulkhead, Sparks will analyse the problem with the ships power.

You rolled 4 (9 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system ((3,5,{Wild}1)).
Harry Selous
 player, 24 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 May 2010
at 03:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry rubbed his chin as he smiled. Somehow the Gungun had missed, and now he'd suffer for it.

"Just give a yell if either of you want me to step in." He called, the sound of laughter seeping through his words.
Arbiter
 GM, 233 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 May 2010
at 03:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: The problem with the ship's power is that there doesn't seem to be any.

Haskel and Bola: The punch drives Bola back a couple of steps, but he's still in the fight.  It's obvious he's not playing around as he fires another shot from his blaster.
Garret Haskel
 player, 145 posts
Sun 16 May 2010
at 11:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret tries to avoid the second blaster shot, and continues his attacks hoping to end the fight sooner rather than later.
Arbiter
 GM, 235 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 May 2010
at 13:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola's shot hits (there aren't enough CP in the galaxy to boost your dodge high enough to beat his attack).

Roll STR to avoid damage.  And, by my calculations you're out of CP now, so straight rolls only for the rest of the fight.
Harry Selous
 player, 25 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 May 2010
at 14:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry made his way towards the fight, slowly so as not to draw attention. If Haskel went down, he needed to be close so he could keep the gungun from a death blow without taking a blaster round himself.

As he did so he looked around for any loose piece of cargo that he could use as a weapon, which he could grab on his way over without looking suspicious.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:10, Sun 16 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 29 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 16 May 2010
at 14:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #220):

Sparks heaves on the door, with help...
You rolled 11 for Strength using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system (({Wild}3,4,3,1)).
Arbiter
 GM, 237 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 May 2010
at 20:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel and Bola: Somehow you avoid damage from the blaster again.  However, you also fail to land a hit on Bola.

Initiative
Bola
Haskel

Selous: The deck is clear, no pieces of junk or loose tools lying around.

Everyone else: You heave on the door and it opens enough for Agial'ili to squirm through (thank goodness for that dancer's physique...).
Garret Haskel
 player, 147 posts
Sun 16 May 2010
at 20:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret continues to attack, keeping track of where the blaster is pointed and doing his best to stay clear of it's business end. If he'd had time to think, he might have wondered why Harry was still watching the fight.
Agial'ili
 player, 44 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 16 May 2010
at 21:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Once inside she quickly found a sturdy box to put under the hatch. The hatch secured she lighted the area with a torch that was in her bag of tools.

"I am inside, going to check the core first, you can let the hatch go now"

With that she moved towards the reactor core and checked out its status.
Harry Selous
 player, 26 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 May 2010
at 22:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry looked back towards the sound of battle droids and decided now was the time to jump in. He moved in to the fight quickly, shoving the pair apart with as much force as possible to put space between the two, then standing in between them to keep the Gungun from shooting Haskell again.

"We've got battle droids coming. You two may want to break it up for now."
Arbiter
 GM, 238 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 06:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: The reactor is on standby, it appears good to go, just dormant.

Haskel and Bola: Bola steps back to avoid your swing, but you manage to tag him in the eyestalk.  His shot goes wild and you feel a burning line of pain draw across your temple.  Both of you stagger back, stunned, just as Selous interposes himself between the two of you and tells you about the droids.

Bola's eyes widen--well, the one that isn't swelling shut--and he puts away his blaster.  "Get onna ship!" he says, "Now!"

He pushes past the two of you, staggering, and ignoring Haskel should he try to continue the fight, and pulls the small device out of his pocket again, pushing a button.

The ship springs back to life at that same instant.

OOC: Haskel and Bola are both Stunned, and Bola seems to be done for now.
Harry Selous
 player, 29 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 17 May 2010
at 07:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry checks to Haskel to see if the man needs any help getting to the ship.

"Let's go pal." He says, making his way to the ship and helping Haskel if need be.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 30 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 17 May 2010
at 11:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #229):

Sparks calls to Agail'ili while turning to Delfinn "Get the power up luv, I'll do the pre-flight checks."  Sparks winks to Delfinn and jerks his thumb towards the cockpit, "Cap'n, lets make like shepperds and get the flock outov'ere!" 
Garret Haskel
 player, 151 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 12:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret ignores the pain in his temple and runs onto the ship. He climbs the ladder up to the gun turret but waits for the ship to launch before powering up the system.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Mon 17 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 101 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 15:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice, oblivious to the ruckus outside, saunters with Sparks back toward the fore.  "Forem, check all lockers for weapons," he says, pointing to the security cases.

"Not that there'll be any," he mutters.

He mounts the steps to the bridge door, and says, "Let's see what we've got here."
Arbiter
 GM, 240 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: The disembodied voice speaks to you again, saying, "Well, hello!  It looks like you've gotten past the door that I could've sworn was locked before that unscheduled power down.  Let me congratulate you on your resourcefulness, friend!  Now.  If you'll please step away from the reactor and over against the wall, it will make things ever so much simpler when the security forces I'm currently calling come to collect you for breaking and entering.  Thanks!"

Haskel: You find a medkit in a cabinet in the crew lounge and rummage through it for some painkillers.

Roice: Forem nods and shuffles off to inspect the security locker while you head back to the bridge door.  The same voice from before the power down greets you.  "I have to say, you all seem to be a great bunch of people and ordinarily I would love to get to know each and every one of you!  But, there's this little matter of trespassing, vandalism, and theft that's getting in the way.  I'm really sorry, buddy, but you and your friends are about to be in serious trouble.  But, hey!  If any of you survive, why don't you come back for a visit after your prison term is up and we can all have a good chuckle over this little misunderstanding.  Doesn't that sound nice?"

Bola storms up the gangplank and joins Roice at the bridge hatch.  His left eye is purple and swelling shut, but that doesn't detract from his glare.  "Open dis door, meekanik!" the Gungan shouts, pounding on the sealed hatch.

The voice responds, "Hey, pal, I'd love to!  But, as I mentioned earlier, I need voiceprint authorization from the captain.  Also, I'd prefer to keep the damage to the interior to a minimum when the security droids come in here, guns a'blazin' and take you all out.  Nothing personal, of course!  But a droid's gotta follow the rules, you know!"

Selous: You're still outside the ship (haven't gone up the gangplank yet) and you can hear the sound of clattering footsteps growing louder and more numerous.  It's hard to tell due to the acoustics of the area, but what's coming is a hell of a lot more than the previous pair of droids that escorted you here earlier.
Garret Haskel
 player, 153 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock

This message was deleted by the player at 17:19, Mon 17 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 102 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice narrows his eyes at the door.  "I'm the captain of this vessel, Roice Delfinn.  Stand down your admittedly creative security measures, or you'll be the one in serious trouble, with me standing over your mainframe holding a brianwipe module."

He steps close to the com console.  "Now close the gangplank, and open this door."
Agial'ili
 player, 47 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"For a security droid you are extremely polite" said Agial'ili while started to flip the controls inside Engineering.

"Problem is that you are mistaken and this ship now belongs to us. I am very sorry but I have to disconnect you now"

With that she pulled the plug on the bridge controls. Severing it's connections to all systems. Because the bridge was just another system to do fancy control stunts but without power it was nothing but more dead weight. Then she overrode the security hatches and opened them.

Right, now back to the reactor core. "So my beauty, how have you managed to survive these past months?"
Arbiter
 GM, 241 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: "Security droid?" the voice asks, obviously confused.  "Miss, you obviously have me confused with someone else.  Now, if you'd kindly step away from the switches and knobs, my companion won't have to introduce you to his shock probe."

You hear the spit and crackle and smell the ozone of a high-energy electrical arc behind you.

OOC: And it's a bit more complicated to cut off areas of the ship from power than hitting a couple of buttons...  Especially since you didn't bother to make any sort of skill roll to accomplish your task.

Roice: "Well, why didn't you just say so in the first place!" the chipper voice exclaims happily.  "Welcome aboard, Captain!" The gangplank starts to raise (I'm going to assume Selous hops on.  Whether Bulyip and Verik make it depends on what I end up hearing from them) and the bridge door opens.  "Let me be the first to welcome you aboard the Sun Tracker!" The voice then mutters quietly, "Could you please ask the lovely young lady in the engine room to stop poking things before she breaks something?  Q7 will be extremely annoyed if he has to fix more than the door he's already grumping about.  Also, there's the small matter of the 10,000 volts he's about to put through her to make her stop messing with the ship's systems without permission."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:33, Mon 17 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 103 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice toggles the intercom.  "Agaili, Ili, Gail'li, uh, hey, sit still, I think we've got it under control."

He trudges through the door and into the cockpit.  "Droid, what is your designation?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 154 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret came up to the bridge, this time completely ignoring Bola. They had other things to worry about.

"Where do you want me Roice?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 1 post
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Well, that's a bit complicated," the disembodied voice says.  "And, Captain, I'll be more than happy to explain it all to you once we're on our way.  As for a designation, I suppose you can just call me 'Chatterbox,' it's what Captain Veran always called me.  But perhaps we should get underway before that security contingent arrives." Chatterbox sounds embarrassed, "I might have been a trifle overzealous when describing the goings on and called for an excessively large amount of force to deal with you all.  Sorry about that!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 104 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice calls over his shoulder to Haskel, "Gangplank!  Make sure those droids don't get aboard!"

He quickly scans the cockpit controls, and excitedly barks to Sparks, "Repulsors?!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 155 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Do you have anything I can use? I can't fight droids empty handed."

Garret walked towards the ramp and peered down from the side. He wasn't going to stand in full view at the top of the ramp like a recruit fresh out of the academy.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 32 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 17 May 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
He quickly scans the cockpit controls, and excitedly barks to Sparks, "Repulsors?!"


"I'll do my best Boss, but I ain't a pilot yer know."

Sparks jumps into the Co-Pilot chair, racking his brains for his old Academy training.

Activating the internal comlink "Sparks to Agail'ili.  We have control of the ship and power to the bridge.  Please give me main power now, and stand by to give me all the auxillary power you have.  Sparks out."

[ooc - and stop ripping the ship computer apart luv!]

Sparks will start pre-flight checks to the best of knowledge, powering up propulsion and sublight drives.

Sparks rolled general Mechanical of 13 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system (({Wild}5,2,3,3)).

This message was last edited by the player at 18:25, Mon 17 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 243 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 18:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili's not in much of a position to answer.  A spherical droid that looks for all the world like someone stuck two astromech domes together to form a sphere is floating in front of her, brandishing a sparking shock probe and tweedling menacingly.

OOC: Yes, I do realize what I just said. :P
Harry Selous
 player, 31 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 17 May 2010
at 22:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry just managed to get on board as the gang plank raised, then he rushed around the first corner and pinned himself against a wall. If any of the droids did get aboard some how, he might be able to take whatever blasters they have and use it against them. that was assuming it wasn't something nastier then a contingent of battle droids.


"Maybe we should just take off now and forget about proper procedure for the moment!" HE shouts from his position up towards the cockpit, still not hearing the engines coming to life, or feeling the slight shift of take off.
Garret Haskel
 player, 156 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 23:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Since he had seen everyone but the Twi'lek girl, and he had last seen them poking around the door Garret headed back to the door. He found out wedged open and knew it was too narrow for him to fit through, but she might have been able to.

"Agial'ili, report. What is going on in there?"
Agial'ili
 player, 49 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 18 May 2010
at 22:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Making sure she did not make any threatening moves she answered:

"There is a nasty security droid hovering here that does not want me to take any moves and he got a nasty wicked zap thingie aimed at me"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 34 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 May 2010
at 09:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As Sparks watched the indicator lights on the cockpit panels turn from red (power-up?), to flashing amber (standby?), to green (active?) he throws a comment at Delfinn without looking at him,

"Cap'n, as the ships computer now recognises you as its commander, perhaps you should inform the computer of its new crew, and that we are authorised to operate too?"

Sparks notes the occasional flashing red light (fault indicator?) that may signal on the panels.  As long as it ins't a primary system, he'll ignore it for now, mentally logging it for later.

"Computer, recognise Strickland, Timothy, known as Sparks.  Flight Technician of the Sun Tracker.  Assigned to Ships Sensors, Shields, Communications and general electronics."
Garret Haskel
 player, 158 posts
Wed 19 May 2010
at 14:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Hey droid......Forem get over here and tell that security droid to stand down immediately."
Arbiter
 GM, 246 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 May 2010
at 15:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: the disembodied voice (Chatterbox) speaks up again, "I am so sorry for this confusion, miss," he then switches to a chastising (yet somehow still chipper) tone.  "Q7-P10, you leave her alone!  She's with our new captain!"

The hovering astromech swivels its top hemisphere and utters a scathing skirr of binary, "Such language!" Chatterbox gasps.  "I know they broke the door and I'm sure it was just an accident.  But the Captain needs our help getting the Tracker out of here as quickly as possible.  There are an awful lot of battle droids headed this way and you know how long it takes to clean carbon scoring off the hull."

The astromech, Q7, hovers in place for another moment, then his shock probe retracts with a snap and he flies across the engine room to the control panel where Agial'ili had been flipping switches.  He extends a manipulator and turns his lens to glare at the Twi'lek while resetting the switches and blipping and bleeping at her.

"He asked me to tell you to stick to dancing and leave the... 'expletive deleted' buttons in his engine room alone," Chatterbox explains.  "I'm sorry, Q7 is a little... protective of the ship and its systems.  Chalk it up to his wartime programming rearing its ugly head at inopportune times..."

Strickland and Roice: The board lights up all green and the thrum of fully active engines reverberates through the ship.

"Well?" Bola asks, rudely pushing Roice towards the pilot's seat.  "We gonna fly, Delfeen, or yoosa just gonna sit and let the meekaniks blast your pretty new ship to pieces?"

Haskel and Selous: Forem turns to look at you, "Security droids?  I haven't detected a single security unit on board since we got here.  Unless you mean them?" he points behind you, where the now-closed ramp wasn't quick enough to keep a pair of battle droids from skuttling on board.

"Hands up!" they rasp in unison.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:23, Wed 19 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 105 posts
Wed 19 May 2010
at 15:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice snaps his head around and glares at Bola, then flops down in the pilot's chair, deliberately reaches out and snaps the yaw axis repulsor control left and right a few degrees.

"Better grab onto something," he says casually as an afterthought.
Arbiter
 GM, 247 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 May 2010
at 18:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Sun Tracker lifts smoothly on repulsor power, hovering a few feet above the deck.  On all sides a horde--at least 30--B-1 battle droids swarm around the ship.  A few manage to grab hold of the ramp as it closes, but most of them end up losing fingers and arms as it closes and sends them clattering to the deck below.

Chatterbox replies to Strickland's commands, "Hey, great to meet you sport!  'Sparks', huh?  What a great nickname!  By the way, for future reference, the crew manifest is kept on that clipboard to your left.  If the pencil's missing, tell Q7, he's always misplacing that darn thing."

Roice rocks the boat, sending Bola stumbling against the bulkhead.  The Gungan snarls something indecipherably nasty and straps in to the one of the passenger seats.

Outside the ship the droid's begin blasting.  You can hear the reports of the shots striking uselessly against the hull.  Inside the ship, the two droids menacing Haskel and Selous are thrown off balance by Roice's sudden maneuver.

In the engine room, Q7 groans in frustration and leaves the control panel.  "Miss?" Chatterbox asks Agial'ili, "Q7 asks if you could help him with the leftside main engine.  It seems to be malfunctioning."

The spherical astromech splutters and Chatterbox replies, "Left, Port, whatever.  You and your military terminology..."

Q7 exits the engine room and heads out into the cargo deck.

OOC: Haskel and Selous, if you want to jump the droids, this is the time.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:55, Wed 19 May 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 50 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 19 May 2010
at 21:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
There was a reason why Droids had to have their memory wiped now and then. They got uppity and started to do things like threatening live beings. But for now she was stuck with the rude astro droid. Whoever had come upon the idea that astro droids did not need proper language software was not very practical.

So she followed the spheroid droid as it would have more knowledge of the ships system then she had.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 106 posts
Wed 19 May 2010
at 22:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice glances down at the readouts to make sure the ramp is closed, then punches a sequence (he thinks) will engage the environmental seals.

"Here we go."

He slowly eases forward on the repulsorlifts, then has a moment of panic as he eyes the bay exit.

"Sparks, is there a particle shield over the exit?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 35 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 May 2010
at 22:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #253):

"All lights showing green boss." Sparks comments before the Gungan can ridicule Delfinn

Sparks was about to activate the 'Trackers' shields, angleing them for tractor beam countermeasures, but quickly checks sensors too, attempting two actions in a round.

"Checking Sensors now sir!  Our own ships Shields are also coming on-line"

23:49, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 9 using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,3,{Wild}3. Sensors.
23:49, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 5 (11 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}1,6,4. Shields.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:59, Wed 19 May 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 161 posts
Wed 19 May 2010
at 22:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret takes advantage of the ship's sudden movement, got behind the droid and tried to take the blaster away from it.
Arbiter
 GM, 251 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 May 2010
at 23:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Strickland: The ship starts to edge towards the exit, but an alarm and flashing lights indicate that something is seriously wrong.  The shuddering groan that runs through the ship only reinforces the idea.

"Captain," Chatterbox pipes up, "Just thought you'd like to know that Q7 is reporting a problem with the port primary engine.  Buuuut, I guess you probably already figured that out..."

There are shields across the bay, but they're only standard docking shields, nothing that will prevent the ship from leaving.  The engine on the other hand...

Agial'ili: There is indeed a Binary translation program on your minicomp.

Q7 leads you the far side of the Port cargo bay.  He grabs a manual lock built into the wall--which is under a sign that says in big, bold letters, "WARNING! PORT ENGINE ACCESS!  DO NOT OPEN WHILE IN OPERATION!"--and attempts to turn it.  He grunts and strains, but the lock won't move.  He spins his lens to face you and twitters. [HELP ME OUT, LEGS.] your minicomp translates, [WE HAVE TO CLEAR THE BLOCKAGE OR THE TURBINE WON'T SPIN UP.]

Haskel and Selous: Haskel leaps into the fray, and combat is initiated.

Initiative

Haskel
Selous
B-droid 1 (Haskel)
B-droid 2 (Selous)
Roice Delfinn
 player, 107 posts
Wed 19 May 2010
at 23:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice stops forward movement.  "Chatterbox, how long on the sublight engine?"
Agial'ili
 player, 51 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 20 May 2010
at 08:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
Agial'ili: There is indeed a Binary translation program on your minicomp.

Q7 leads you the far side of the Port cargo bay.  He grabs a manual lock built into the wall--which is under a sign that says in big, bold letters, "WARNING! PORT ENGINE ACCESS!  DO NOT OPEN WHILE IN OPERATION!"--and attempts to turn it.  He grunts and strains, but the lock won't move.  He spins his lens to face you and twitters. [HELP ME OUT, LEGS.] your minicomp translates, [WE HAVE TO CLEAR THE BLOCKAGE OR THE TURBINE WON'T SPIN UP.]


She considered the warning for a small second.
Arbiter
 GM, 253 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 20 May 2010
at 13:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Agial'ili
 player, 52 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 20 May 2010
at 16:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 254 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 20 May 2010
at 18:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Agial'ili
 player, 53 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 20 May 2010
at 21:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Making sure that the engine was off and stayed off until she manually put it back online and that there was no radiation danger she started to pull at the hatch which was quite heavy for her slender frame.

"Q7 get out before the engine starts up. Or you will be stuck in there for the remainder of the journey"


She slammed the com and said: "Working on the engine. I will advise you when it is ready to fire."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 108 posts
Fri 21 May 2010
at 15:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"How long?" Roice asks again.

He puts the repulsors into reverse and slowly backs up away from the docking port, back into the bay.
Agial'ili
 player, 54 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 21 May 2010
at 17:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Way sooner then is a wise thing with a ship being inactive for so long, Sir. Maybe a minute maybe a few days", she said almost snapping as she worked on the blasted shutter.
Arbiter
 GM, 259 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 May 2010
at 17:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Strickland: "Hi guys!  I'm receiving a transmission from the station," Chatterbox says.  "You want me to put it through?"

Agial'ili: You heave and strain and manage to get the latch to turn, opening the access port to the main engine.  Q7 darts inside, chirping [THANKS, LEGS].  There's the sound of clanking and skirrs of Binary cursing that your minicomp refuses to translate.  A twisted bit of metal flies out of the hatch and lands at your feet; it's a mangled battle droid arm. [WELL THERE'S YOUR $%&&*^ PROBLEM!] Q7 sputters.  More bits and pieces of droid are thrown out of the hatch as the astromech continues chattering in Binary.  [TELL THEM IT'LL BE A COUPLE OF MINUTES BEFORE I CAN CLEAR ALL THE BITS OF BATTLE DROID OUT OF HERE.  AND WHEN I TELL YOU, I NEED YOU TO HURRY YOUR PRETTY LITTLE BUTT BACK TO THE ENGINE ROOM AND HIT THE STARTUP ROUTINE.  MAIN CONSOLE, SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO FIND.]

Chatterbox chips in, "I'm glad you can understand him, all that technical mumbo-jumbo goes right over my head."

Haskel and Selous: Haskel leaps at the droid across from him, grabbing its rifle and trying to yank it free of its grip.  But the battle droid manages to keep a grip on the weapon and the two struggle over it.

Selous mirrors Haskel's move, but his opponent apparently has a better avoidance subroutine and ducks aside to avoid the hunter's attempted disarming.

OOC: Next round

Initiative
Haskel
Battle Droid 1 (Haskel)
Selous
Battle Droid 2 (Selous)

Roice Delfinn
 player, 109 posts
Fri 21 May 2010
at 17:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice rolls his eyes.  "Yes, open a channel."

Before anyone can speak, he barks into the com, "Why are we being fired upon!?  Port control, stand down, stand down!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 168 posts
Fri 21 May 2010
at 18:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret tried to yank the blaster from the droid.
Arbiter
 GM, 260 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 21 May 2010
at 18:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Who is this?" the voice on the other end of the comm responds.  "We got an alert about someone breaking into a ship and shots fired down on Dock 2.  If you're the idiots we got called about, you better stand down now!  You've got to the count of 10 to shut down that ship and exit the vessel or I send in the droidekas!"

There's a brief pause, followed by "One!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 110 posts
Fri 21 May 2010
at 18:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice turns around and looks at Bola while saying through gritted teeth, "I'm not sure what idiot fired a shot, but I assure you, we didn't need to break and enter this ship because WE OWN IT.  Now stand down your battledroids!"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 37 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 21 May 2010
at 18:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:50, Tue 25 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 32 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 21 May 2010
at 23:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
((sorry, was in the field the last couple of days))

Harry tries to spin around and grab the droid that dodged his attack. if he can throw the droid to the ground and make him drop the blaster.
Arbiter
 GM, 261 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 22 May 2010
at 18:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Strickland: "Whatever, tell it to the judge," replies the voice, followed shortly by "Two!"

"I would just like to apologize to you guys for this silly little misunderstanding," Chatterbox says.  "Who knew they had droidekas on board, huh?" the disembodied voice chuckles weakly.


Agial'ili: [ALL RIGHT, GO!] Q7 bleeps from inside the engine housing as he tosses out the final bits of broken battle droid.

OOC: Selous, I'm going to need a roll for that attack, please.  Grappling, so Bralwing with a 10 point penalty.  I'll edit in your actions this round once you've posted the rolls.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:32, Sat 22 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 111 posts
Sat 22 May 2010
at 18:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice grabs the com microphone and holds it close to his mouth and says, "Oh... yeah?  Yeah!?  Well, you're the, uh, one that will be talking to the judge, just as soon as I report this unprovoked attack to the proper...  authorities...  and then we'll, uh, aw hell, screw it."

He drops the microphone and noses the Tracker down a bit to get some traction, then throws the repulsor throttle to full speed toward the exit, engines be damned.

"Sparks, I'm not sure we'll have enough momentum to clear their G-field without sublight..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 38 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 22 May 2010
at 20:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Roice Delfinn (msg #275):

Sparks lays a gentle hand on Delfinn's hand, on the throtle controls, and interlocks eyes with the captain...  "Easy boss, I've got an idead, so stay off the mic and keep calm eh?."  Keeping eye contact with Delfinn...

"Compu'er, send the station the pre-arranged all clear code signal, and ask them to stand down.  Any smart subroutine stuff would be cool about now!  And initiate a secure comm's channel via teletype to station security immediately."
Sparks jumps up and sits down at the Nav/Comms console.


"I've picked up a few tricks in me time chasin' pirates and smugglers." winks Sparks.

Sparks begins typing furiously...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 112 posts
Mon 24 May 2010
at 01:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice holds back on the throttle and raises his eyebrows, waiting for some sort of response from the station.
Harry Selous
 player, 33 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 24 May 2010
at 01:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You rolled 16 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system ((1,5,{Wild}5,5))."

so I guess I got a 6 after subtracting the 10?
Arbiter
 GM, 262 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 24 May 2010
at 13:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Strickland: "As a matter of fact, I do know a thing or two about a thing or two," Chatterbox says in response to Strickland.  "Here's your secure line, Mr. Strickland.  And please, call be 'Chatterbox', 'Computer' sounds so formal and inaccurate."

Strickland does whatever he's doing while Chatterbox does likewise and Roice is left with his hand on the throttle waiting to see if either of them can accomplish anything.

Haskel and Selous: Haskel manages to wrench the rifle from the droid's hands, but only because the battle droid decides to change tactics and punch him in the face. (Haskel, roll Strength to resist damage)

At the same time, Selous gets a grip on the other droid's rifle, but the two are stuck struggling for it.  The battle droid rasps, "Hey! Leggo!" and starts firing wildly, blaster bolts striking the ceiling and walls around the pair.

OOC: Let's wait for Agial'ili to get back and post so we don't get too far ahead of her.

Next round Initiative will be Selous, Haskel, Battle Droid 2 (Selous) and Battle Droid 1 (Haskel)

Agial'ili
 player, 56 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 24 May 2010
at 20:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As Q7 emerged from the hatch, she slammed the hatch shut and locked it.

"Ok, start up the engine Cueseven! I think they want to move out"
Arbiter
 GM, 263 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 24 May 2010
at 20:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The astrodroid sticks an arm out of the hatch and blocks you from closing it.  [NO, YOU GO,] he bleeps.  [I HAVE TO PATCH A CONNECTION AND YOU RUN FASTER THAN I FLOAT.  DON'T WORRY, I'LL BE OUT BEFORE THE ENGINE SPINS UP.  LIKE I SAID, MAIN CONTROL PANEL FOR THE STARTUP SEQUENCE, YOU CAN'T MISS IT.]
Agial'ili
 player, 57 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 24 May 2010
at 21:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She looked at the droid fro a long moment. "Even your metal body will be fried when that thing starts up, don't forget to close that hatch though or this hold will be contaminated with radiation"

But she ran of towards the engineering section and the main control panel. As if she could miss that one!
Arbiter
 GM, 264 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 24 May 2010
at 22:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Haskel and Selous, let me know what you're doing and I'll sum it all up. :)
Harry Selous
 player, 34 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 25 May 2010
at 00:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
HArry kept hold of the blaster but tried to kick out with one of his feet to send the battle droid off balance or even to the ground.
Garret Haskel
 player, 170 posts
Tue 25 May 2010
at 00:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret pointed the blaster he had just taken at the droid he had taken it from and opened fire.
Arbiter
 GM, 265 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 25 May 2010
at 13:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Strickland: Something either Chatterbox or Strickland is doing seems to be working, because the voice on the other end of the comm line pauses and says, uncertainly, " Uhh...  Hold on a second."

Agial'ili: You reach the main control board in the engine room and now have to enter the startup sequence.  Give me a Mechanical roll (since you're operating, not repairing) to enter the proper commands.

Haskel and Selous: Virtually simultaneously, the two of you attack the droids.  Haskel's shot cores the droid's torso and it falls to the ground, inert.  Selous' kick slams his droid opponent against the bulkhead with enough force to cause its magnetic joints to give way and it clatters to the deck in a jumble of parts, deactivated.

OOC: I'm not even going to bother having you guys roll damage, B-1's--especially 30-year old war surplus ones--are pitiful opponents in close quarters.
Garret Haskel
 player, 171 posts
Tue 25 May 2010
at 13:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret looked at the archaic weapon for a moment, rather surprised it had worked so well. He had no interest in keeping it.

"Area secured, the droids are scrap metal now. Who wants an antique blaster?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 113 posts
Tue 25 May 2010
at 14:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice spins around in the pilot's chair and looks aft down the bridge corridor.  "Who's--"  He turns back around and shuts off the microphone, then turns back and says again, "Who's firing blasters?!"

He shakes his head and says to Sparks, "You'd think we were having to break out of Kessel or something."
Garret Haskel
 player, 172 posts
Tue 25 May 2010
at 15:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We had a couple battle droids manage to get on board. Both are scrap now, so don't worry. I don't think there was any damage to the ship."
Arbiter
 GM, 266 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 25 May 2010
at 17:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili rushes into the engine room and hits the port engine startup button.  The engine roars to life and, on the bridge, the board is all green.  The ship rises up higher on its repulsor field (B-1's still pointlessly peppering its shields with ineffectual blaster fire) and Roice can almost feel it straining at the bit to be let loose and fly after so many months grounded.

Q7 bobbles into the engine room, looking a little carbon scored.  He whistles something and Chatterbox pipes it to the whole ship, translating, "We're good to go," adding, "And I just have to say that this has been one of the most exciting take-offs I've been a part of in almost 3.45 standard years!"
Agial'ili
 player, 58 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 25 May 2010
at 18:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"This is the first blast off that I ever had a hand in. They thought me how to repair things, but touching things once it was working? No way."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 114 posts
Tue 25 May 2010
at 19:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice toggles the com.  "What's the story, control?  You going to keep assaulting us, or what?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 39 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 25 May 2010
at 22:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #286):

Sparks fingers pause over the keyboard...

"Compu...Cha'erbox, what is the aler' sta'us of the station?  What is going on in that securi'y control?"


Sparks is gambling on this bluff to work, or their in the @%&"!

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:49, Tue 25 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 267 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 25 May 2010
at 22:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Suddenly the dull, repetitive thud of blaster fire outside ceases and the alarms and flashing red lights outside cease.  A nervous, stuttering response of "S-sorry for the trouble.  You are c-clear to depart, Imperial Courier Vessel, Sun Tracker," crackles across the comm as the battle droids ringing the ship below withdraw.

"Well, I guess those mail barge credentials are still good," Chatterbox enthuses, sounding awfully pleased with himself.  "Looks like we're all clear to depart, Captain Delfinn!"

"So weesa goin' or what?" Bola barks from the passenger seat.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 40 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 25 May 2010
at 23:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #294):

Sparks exhails heavily, simply typing 'acknowledged.  Sun Tracker out.' before closing the channel..

"Thanks CB!  That was a pretty smart sub routine!"

Turning to Delfinn,

"Take 'er aout Cap'n, nice 'n' smoove.  No sudden stuff, eh."

Sparks will start scanning with the comm's array immediately, starting with the usual frequencies, trying to detect any out going messages from the station.  Particularly about errant Ambassadors...

00:26, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 23 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,1,6,5,4,{Wild}3. Comm's.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:18, Wed 26 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 35 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 25 May 2010
at 23:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry looks at the blaster and checks it over. Antique was better then nothing.

"I can always use a back up if nobody else wants one." He said with a shrug in reply to Haskell.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 115 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 02:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Ignoring Bola, Roice cuts the comlink with station control and smoothly pushes forward on the repulsors.

"I don't know what you just did," he says to Sparks, "but I like it."

He toggles the intercom.  "Alright everybody, we're moving out."

As soon as the ship is clear of the bay doors, he cuts the floaters and idles up the sublight engines.
Garret Haskel
 player, 173 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 02:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret entered the bridge and stood against the back wall. He still had the rifle, but wasn't aiming it at anyone and his stance was relaxed. He still kept a wary eye on the Gungan.

"Took your time getting the control to shut down the droids. The blaster fire you heard was me shooting one of the droids that managed to get on the ship."
Agial'ili
 player, 59 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 26 May 2010
at 08:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Inside the engine department she noticed that despite her fumbling around, the ship was on its way. Which was good, however she had no idea of the condition of the ship.

So she turned to the floating droid. "Well, we are off. Please inform me what you know of the status of the systems."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 41 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 26 May 2010
at 09:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"I don't know what you just did," he says to Sparks, "but I like it." 


Sparks turns to Delfinn with a smile and a wink,

"If I told yer, I'd hav to kill yer..."
Arbiter
 GM, 268 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 12:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: [SHIP'S IN PERFECT CONDITION,] Q7 twitters, [I'VE HAD NOTHING TO DO FOR THE BETTER PART OF A YEAR THAN PUTTER AROUND IN HERE AND MAKE SURE ALL THE SYSTEMS ARE IN WORKING ORDER.  OF COURSE, THE SUBLIGHTS ARE A LITTLE OUT OF SHAPE FROM LACK OF EXERCISE AND THE HYPERDRIVE HASN'T EVEN BEEN TURNED ON FOR OVER SIX MONTHS, SO WHO KNOWS IF IT WILL GLITCH OR NOT...  WHICH REMINDS ME,] The droid floats towards the door, [IF THEY'RE GOING TO WANT TO JUMP TO LIGHTSPEED, I NEED TO GO PLUG INTO THE BRIDGE.]

He spins his dome to face you as he leaves, [YOU COMIN', LEGS, OR YOU WANT TO HOLD DOWN THE FORT IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG?]

Bridge: After much hoopla and to-do the Sun Tracker finally takes off from the impound dock and moves out into free space.  The ship positively hums with excitement as it gets underway, sublights engaging flawlessly.  The space station recedes in the background, its blip on the sensor panel growing smaller and smaller.

You're now on your way!

"Wow!" Chatterbox exclaims, "What a day!  Who knew getting a new captain and crew would be full of such excitement and danger?  If I hand hands, I'd pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming!  Oh, and pain receptors.  Yes, I'd need pain receptors as well.  But, regardless, what a day!"

The disembodied voice pauses for a moment, then says, "So, fellas, what now?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 174 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 13:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I say we go visit Naboo and return Bola here to his people. It's also a nice place to stay at while upgrading the ship."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 6 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 14:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I say weesa stop back by Borbilla and drop off Garrut before he causin' any more trouble, startin' any more pointless fights, or gettin' one of yoosa killed because his head full of poodoo," Bola retorts.

He turns to glare at the human, "Only reason weesa even havin' all 'dat trouble was 'cuz yoosa though you get all big and brave and go beat on da Gungan..." His tone turns positively acidic, "Jus' what I's 'spectin' from a Naboo...  And an Imp slugsucker ta boot..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 116 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 15:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice punches a handful of keys on the console, bringing the navicomputer online.


"I say, if either one of you interferes with our new occupational duties, which don't include going to Naboo or back to Borbilla, I'll have Forem throw you out the nearest airlock."

He looks back at the two.  "We clear?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 175 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 15:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret ignores Bola, he was getting a bit tired of arguing and was more interested in where they were going.

"Where are we going then?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 117 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 15:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice looks at Bola.  "Coordinates, please."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 7 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 15:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"No."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 118 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 15:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In spite of himself, Roice smiles.  "Very good then."

He reaches over to cut the sublight engines, then zeros out momentum with thrusters.

"Chatterbox, lock out all bridge controls.  Only re-enable through voice command by Strickland or me."

He stands, and brushes off his hands on his pants.  "I'm going to go check out the captain's quarters!" he says cheerily.  "Let us know when you're ready to get underway."

He walks out of the cockpit and down the access steps.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 8 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 16:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The ship goes dark and cants to the side as thrust and gravity control cut out.

"Let me know when yoosa gettin' tired of suckin' stale air..." Bola retorts.
Arbiter
 GM, 269 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 16:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Garret Haskel
 player, 176 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 16:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret just shrugs and leaves the bridge to aimlessly wander the ship.
Agial'ili
 player, 60 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 26 May 2010
at 16:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Engineering

She shrugged, "If the ship is in perfect condition then there is no use staying here, might as well get to the bridge with you" But just as they were about to go there, the ship shuddered and went dead again.

She sighed: "You and me both Q-bal, you and me both. What can you tell me about that rig, perhaps we can disable it before some idiot decides to use it in mid hyperspace jump"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 1 post
 Beedle boop!
Wed 26 May 2010
at 16:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
[IT'S LIKE I SAID,] Q7 chirps, [THIS SHIP HAS A SLAVE RIG.  I TOLD BURRESS A HUNDRED TIMES TO RIP IT OUT, BUT HE LIKED THE CONVENIENCE OF HANDING OVER CONTROL TO PORT AUTHORITIES AND LETTING THEM AUTO-DOCK THE SHIP.  SO, SOME CLEVER MEATBAG HAS FIGURED OUT THE RIGHT BROADCAST FREQUENCY TO SEND THE SHIP INTO HIBERNATION MODE AND CAN SHUT HER DOWN WITH THE PUSH OF A BUTTON.]
Arbiter
 GM, 270 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 16:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: For the record, no power = no gravity.  So, it's more aimless floating than aimless wandering... ;)
No power also = no life support...

Roice Delfinn
 player, 119 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 17:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice grips the railing and sighs.

"So then," he calls into the cockpit.  "No coordinates, now no power...  One might begin to think that you've got some sort of reason to keep us from our job."

He pulls himself down to the deck, and hugs the rail.

"Give the bravado a rest, Bola.  You don't want to be here--fine.  I don't want you here.  This back and forth has gotten old real quick.  Use your little god-box to turn on the power and let us get to work."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 9 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 17:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I am happy to since yoosa askin' so poleet," Bola says, pulling the control box out of his vest pocket and hitting the activation stud.  The ship springs back to life and the scrubbers work quickly to clear out the stale air.

"You and me, Delfeen, let's have us a talk, huh?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 120 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 17:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice marches back into the cockpit and  sits in the pilot's chair.

"Fine.  Talk."

He pushes the throttle back up, putting some more distance between the Tracker and the station.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 10 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 17:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola looks over at Selous and Strickland, "Mebbe yoosa two go help da Naboo with somethin', eh?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 178 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 17:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Since the power had been restored Garret climbed up to examine the turret's systems, and find out just how far towards the aft he could turn it.

OOC: Wow, I don't even have to be on the bridge and Bola still can't resist slamming lol.

Agial'ili
 player, 62 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 26 May 2010
at 18:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She frowned:

"Slave Rigs, I hate the thing already, it must go. Ok, this is what we will do. You got a scanner right? I want you to monitor the device to fins out the frequency so we can undo the hibernation thing. I also want to know where this rig is wired into the systems, how it interferes with the control and what we need to remove to disable it once and for all."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 2 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 26 May 2010
at 19:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
[BELIEVE ME, TOOTS, IF IT WERE POSSIBLE I WOULD'VE DONE IT YEARS AGO.  BUT THE WIRING FOR THE RIG IS INCORPORATED INTO DAMN NEAR EVERY SYSTEM OF THE SHIP.  IT'LL TAKE A MAJOR REFIT TO GET IT ALL OUT AND AT LEAST REMOVAL OF THE CONTROL SYSTEMS TO DISABLE IT FOR NOW.  NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO ATTEMPT IN DEEP SPACE.]

Q7 keeps beeping and he floats towards the exit, [BUT I LIKE YOUR IDEA ABOUT SCANNING AND BLOCKING THE FREQ.  I'LL TALK TO CHATTERBOX AND SEE IF HE HAS ANY CLEVER IDEAS.  HE'S PLUGGED INTO THE COMMUNICATIONS ARRAY, SO HE'S PROBABLY IN A BETTER POSITION FOR LOOKING FOR ERRANT SIGNALS.]

The hovering astromech hits the inoperative engine room doorway with a "Klang!" and a scathing string of Binary epithets that your computer refuses to translate.  Bobbing in irritation and tweelding something about [%*#(* IDIOTS BREAKIN' THINGS...], he heads instead for the port side exit.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 42 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 26 May 2010
at 22:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock


Sparks makes to strap himself into the Comms chair, and turns to Delfinn,

"Would yer like me to stay Cap'n?"
Arbiter
 GM, 275 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 26 May 2010
at 22:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 36 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 26 May 2010
at 23:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry gives the gungun a smile, one of a predator letting the prey think it's getting away.

"I'll be just outside." He says, turning to walk off the bridge, only to lean back against the wall just outside the door, blaster in hand.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 121 posts
Wed 26 May 2010
at 23:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice takes a moment then shakes his head.  "Nah," he says to Strickland.  "I'll be alright."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 43 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 26 May 2010
at 23:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Roice Delfinn (msg #325):

Sparks checks the comm's rig for an emergency locker? Might be one.  Might be a flashlight bin their too.  If so, Sparks takes it to find his way to his bunk for a rest...
Arbiter
 GM, 276 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 27 May 2010
at 15:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
In reply to Roice Delfinn (msg #325):

Sparks checks the comm's rig for an emergency locker? Might be one.  Might be a flashlight bin their too.  If so, Sparks takes it to find his way to his bunk for a rest...

OOC: Power's back on, Sparks. ;)
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 11 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Thu 27 May 2010
at 15:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola leans back in his seat and hits the hatch control, closing the door and sealing himself and Roice off from the rest of you.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 122 posts
Thu 27 May 2010
at 16:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice sits in silence for a few seconds looking at Bola, then finally says with exasperation, "What?"
Arbiter
 GM, 277 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 27 May 2010
at 20:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola and Roice confer behind the sealed hatch for several minutes while the ship continues out of the system on sublight power.

Selous and Strickland hang around outside the bridge, waiting to see if their services are required while Haskel familiarizes himself with the turret controls.

The good news: the dual blaster cannon is in excellent shape and fully charged.  The bad news: you don't have a mynock's chance in a meteor shower of hitting something that's behind the ship.  Even if you were to modify the turret to allow for rearward firing, the chances of hitting one of the oversized main thrusters is far greater than that of shooting down a pursuer.

Agial'ili and Q7 arrive at the main gangway just as the bridge hatchway opens and Bola bellows, "Get that damn floatin' meekanik up here!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 182 posts
Thu 27 May 2010
at 20:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
With his system check completed Garret shuts down the systems and slides down the ladder to the main deck in time to hear Bola yelling yet again. He resisted the desire to shoot the annoying gungan..........again.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 123 posts
Thu 27 May 2010
at 20:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice, expecting an Astromech, sits up in the pilot's chair and says, "Floating?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 44 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 27 May 2010
at 21:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks claps him hands together loudly, and rubs them together...

Right, lets allocate bunks.  I suppose Delfinn gets the Cap'n's cabin, and we all get a cabin each, but who gets the first mates cabin, eh?
Garret Haskel
 player, 183 posts
Thu 27 May 2010
at 21:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I don't care. Any of the bunks on this ship have to be better than the ones in the prison or on an imperial cruiser."
Arbiter
 GM, 279 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 27 May 2010
at 21:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Almost on cue, Q7 floats up onto the gangway.  He pauses and spins his optics around to take in the aftermath of the fight.  His optic flares red and he blats a series of staccato bleeps while bobbing angrily up and down.

"Q7 would like to know what happened and who is responsible for making such a mess of the ship," Chatterbox helpfully translates.

Agial'ili's computer displays a more honest--and colorfully expletive-rich--version of what the droid is really saying.
Garret Haskel
 player, 184 posts
Thu 27 May 2010
at 21:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That would be the remains of the two droids you see. They threatened the ship and so they were destroyed."

The way he said it, made it clear he thought it was obvious.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 3 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 27 May 2010
at 21:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7's "PHHBBT!" needs no translation.

He floats past the group and onto the bridge.  The astromech utters a series of whistles and the co-pilot's chair folds up and slides under the control console.  In its place, a stand with a broad, cup-shaped receptacle on top unfolds and seats itself on the deck.

Q7 settles in the receptacle and plugs into the console with his computer jack.

"Buncha green noobs makin' a mess of my ship..." mutters a gruff, grizzled-sounding voice from the same general area that Chatterbox usually speaks from.  Q7 swivels his optic to look at Roice, "All right, Cap'n, where to?"
Agial'ili
 player, 63 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 27 May 2010
at 22:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I would love to have a room of my own if possible" says Agial'ili a bit shyly as she studies the proceedings. She felt a bit superfluous here. These guys looked so hard and scary and here she was, a mechanic that even the droid treated without any respect. She wondered why they deemed it necessary to bring her along.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 4 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 27 May 2010
at 22:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Hey, Legs," Q7 calls to Agial'ili, "You wanna do me a favor and go monitor the hyperdrive?  I don't trust these noobs to know a hydrospanner from a fusion cutter and I could use the help down there if something glitches when we go to lightspeed."
Arbiter
 GM, 280 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 27 May 2010
at 23:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: As far as bunks go, there are 4 crew quarters, each with two bunks, for a total of 8 main berths (not counting the Captain and First Mate's quarters).  That's pretty much a room for each of you without having to double-up.

I leave the arrangements up to you guys. :)

Timothy Strickland
 player, 45 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 27 May 2010
at 23:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Agial'ili (msg #338):

Yes luv.  6 cabins, 6 crew = a cabin each!  Fill yer boots!
Agial'ili
 player, 64 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 27 May 2010
at 23:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Will do, give me 5 minutes to set up proper monitoring", she says and walks back to the Engineering station to check out the Hyperdrive. Plugging in her pocket computer she calls up all the monitoring signals to compliment the normal gauges of the Hyperdrive.

Then she sends a small binary message to the droid. "Ready"
Garret Haskel
 player, 185 posts
Thu 27 May 2010
at 23:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret goes to the cabin nearest to the laser turret access and claims it for himself.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 47 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 28 May 2010
at 00:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Garret Haskel (msg #343):

Sparks claims the for'ard port (top left) cabin.
Harry Selous
 player, 37 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 28 May 2010
at 00:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry scratched his chin as he listened to the goings on. He certainly didn't need the first mate's bunk. What he needed was somewhere he could store things nearby, hopefully an assortment of weapons that he would steal in the near future.

"I'll take this one." He said, stepping up to the entrance of the most central cabin where he could respond to any emergencies on the ship in the best time.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 124 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 00:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice marvels at the independent and unique droid.

"Cueseven, Bosun Bola's coordinates please; fastest route for the state of your engines--your discretion."

(OOC: I'll coordinate Astronavigation with him--not that it's necessary--not that it matters--but there you go: Mechanical 3D for me.)

He watches the droid's work closely on the nav monitor, trying to make sense of it's speedy calculations.

"ETA?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 5 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 28 May 2010
at 13:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The astromech's calculations fly by so quickly on the screen that they're a blur.  It's obvious that the droid and the ship's computer are well adapted to each other's processes.  It's also clear that the little astromech isn't your average R2 unit, as the few lines of calculations Roice is able to decipher as they whiz past are surprisingly sophisticated.

"ETA in 4 hours to the first set of coordinates, Cap'n" Q7 says with his synthesized voice.  "I figure another 12 hours after that unless some star goes nova while we're between jumps and I have to recalculate.  Oh, and Haskel?" the droid's voice is piped out into the corridor so the others can hear it better.  "I can have you back in your mama's arms in about 2 months, weather permitting..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 188 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 13:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Blasted droids!!"

Garret stormed onto the bridge and put the archaic blaster right against the astromech's metal shell. He didn't like droids at the best of times; and hated them in times like these.
Agial'ili
 player, 65 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 28 May 2010
at 15:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She kept on monitoring the Hyperdrive. There was a troublesome spike earlier that should not have been there when it started up, and she made a note that they replace the plasma motivator as soon as possible but for now it seemed to hold well.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 126 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 15:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice quickly stands from the pilot's chair and pushes the gun barrel away from the droid's "head."

"Haskel!  Get a grip!  What are you thinking?  Put that thing away and get out of the cockpit."
Garret Haskel
 player, 189 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 15:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Thinking about using it for target practice. You can pick up an astromech just about anywhere these days."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 6 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 28 May 2010
at 16:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Fine..." Q7 retorts, completely unphased by the threat of annihilation, "deleting all calculations for hyperlane transit to Naboo.  Find your own way home, nerf herder..."
Agial'ili
 player, 67 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 28 May 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She was shocked and surprised about the volatile crew. Slave Rigs, shooting, hitting each other. She really started to think if this had been a good idea in the first place.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 127 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 18:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice gives Haskel an incredulous look.

"Seriously?!  The droid offended you to the point that you storm into the cockpit ready to shoot?  You need some sleep or something, man.  Get out of here, and take your rifle with you."
Garret Haskel
 player, 190 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 19:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"At least memory wipe the blasted thing."

Garret left the bridge and returned to his cabin.
Arbiter
 GM, 286 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 28 May 2010
at 20:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Awful uppity for hired muscle," Q7 observes as Haskel storms off.

"Be nice, Q7!" Chatterbox admonishes, "They've all had a very rough day!"

"Yeah, tell that to the door I have to go fix, the droid bits I gotta clean up, and that hole in the gangway ceiling I have to patch," the astromech grumbles in return.  "You want my advice, Cap'n?" Q7 asks, then proceeds without being prompted, "Ditch these noobs at the earliest convenience so we can fly free.  Seriously.  This ship runs just fine with me, 'Box, and the Cap'n.  Worked with Veran, it'll work with you, I guarantee it."

"Shut it, meekanik," Bola snaps, "Yoosa just gettin' us'n on our way and stop with all the talkin', eh?"

"Seriously, Cap'n," Q7 reiterates, turning back to look at the console.  "We're ready to go on your order, sir," he says, then waits.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 128 posts
Fri 28 May 2010
at 20:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice opens the intercom and says "Stand by for hyperspace," in his best captain's voice.

"Punch it, Q."

He leans back and watches the show for a few seconds, then says, "All those pain in the servo chores--we're here to help you do those, you know.  Maybe my uncle was a one man show, but this is the way it's going to need to be.  For a while, at least.  So you might as well let us be the Tracker's crew.  That's what we're here for."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 7 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 28 May 2010
at 20:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yeah, yeah..." Q7 grouses.

"Initiating hyperspace jump," he says, and the ship thrums as power builds for the jump to light speed.

"Now!" the astromech declares and the roar of the engines reaches a crescendo that suddenly dies off into a pitiful, declining whine.

The ship floats dead in space, all forward momentum lost.
Arbiter
 GM, 287 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 28 May 2010
at 20:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agiali'ili: Down in the engine room, the growing pitch of powering up engines dies off suddenly and red lights flare in warning as the hyperdrive smokes and spits out a few feeble sparks.  It looks like that power spike you were noticing turned into a problem after all.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:03, Fri 28 May 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 69 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 28 May 2010
at 22:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh frell", she jumped of her seat and grabbed the fire extinguisher in case that the hyperdrive decided to get serious with the fire and smoke thing.
Arbiter
 GM, 288 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 28 May 2010
at 23:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The hyperdrive continues smoking, but seems otherwise inert.  And dead.  Quite dead.

With a mellow drone, the ship's backup drive kicks in and with an almost anticlimactic lurch of acceleration, the Sun Tracker makes the jump to lightspeed.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 8 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 28 May 2010
at 23:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
From his position on the bridge, Q7 curses like a Tatooine sandmonger and rocks back and forth on his pedestal.  "I knew that coupling wasn't going to hold!" he growls in frustration.

"We're on backup now, Cap'n," the astromech reports.  "Our four hour trip just became forty.  I need to stay plugged in up here to monitor our travel and try to avoid anything dragging us out into realspace--the backup hyperdrive is too sluggish to respond on its own.  Maybe someone can go down to the engine room and check on Legs?"
Agial'ili
 player, 70 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 29 May 2010
at 01:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As no more smoke emerges from the Hyperdrive she puts the extinguisher down and diverts all the power from the Hyperdrive.

She mutters something under her breath, something about joyriding in a spaceship without checking it through first.

In the meanwhile she tests the drive for radiation leaks, one of the worst nightmares of the startraveler.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 129 posts
Sat 29 May 2010
at 01:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice hits the intercom button and says, "Forem, head back to engineering and be an extra set of hands for Aggie.  Anybody else thinks they can help, meet you back there."

He stands and toggles it off, then points to the flight console and says to Q7, "You got this?"
Harry Selous
 player, 38 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 29 May 2010
at 04:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry stows his newly acquired weapon away, then leans back on the bunk and shuts his eyes. He didn't know a thing about engines, so he figured he'd just relax and rest up in case there was an emergency that actually required the skills he had.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 49 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 29 May 2010
at 13:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks stays on the bridge to run diagnostics of all power buffers and distributors.  A power surge could wreak havok with the 'electronic' avionics and needed to be locked down.

14:39, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 11 using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}2,2,6. Comp Prog/Rep.
Garret Haskel
 player, 191 posts
Sat 29 May 2010
at 13:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret went back to find out what had happened.
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 14 posts
Sat 29 May 2010
at 18:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"On my way, Captain," Forem replies.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 9 posts
 Beedle boop!
Sat 29 May 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yessir, I got it.  Just keepin' us on our course shouldn't be too much trouble," the little astromech says.
Arbiter
 GM, 289 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 29 May 2010
at 18:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Those of you who head back to the engine room find that the door is still broken...

So, one trip around to the starboard or port access hatch and you're inside.

The chamber is filled with acrid smoke and the reek of ozone, but otherwise everything seems under control.  Agial'ili is quickly moving between control panels and the main hyperdrive, muttering to herself the whole time.

Strickland: Other than whatever took out the main hyperdrive, the power system seems stable.  You detect no anomalous spikes or drains.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 130 posts
Sat 29 May 2010
at 18:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Before he leaves the bridge, he says to Strickland and Q7, "Yell if you need something."

When he reaches the engineering bay, he surveys the scene.

"What's the story?  This fixable?"
Agial'ili
 player, 71 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 29 May 2010
at 21:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I just put out the fire and checked for radiation leaks. According to the monitors we had a cascade of energy in the primary plasma inducer."

She gestured towards her monitors as she rummaged through her tool kit so she she could open up the engine housing.

"As for us being able to repair it? Not sure, depends how much was damaged doing the energy leak" She looked over her shoulder: "I remember saying that it was not a good thing to start putting stress on this ship without a thorough check. Good thing the back-up is still working."
Arbiter
 GM, 290 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 29 May 2010
at 22:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Timothy Strickland
 player, 50 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 29 May 2010
at 23:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Satisfied that the problem is just intermitent at worst, Sparks opens the comlink to the engine room.

"Sparks to Agail'ili.  No abnormal power signatures detected in the distribution nodes.  Power systems seem fine.  Advice you Check the mechanical switch gear.  I will start searching the ship, putting togever a manifest of equipment, supplies, and spares.  Sparks out."

"CB, any idea if and what stuff we have on board?"

Agial'ili
 player, 72 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 30 May 2010
at 08:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She started to open up the Drive, removing the panels covering it so she could get a look inside. Acrid smoke come out the stench of burned wiring and the distinct smell of ozon.

"Agial'ili to Sparks. Please do and if you find a spare plasma coupler, that would expedite repairs if it is what I think is wrong with the drive"

Then to the others watching her after having them help her remove the housing of the drive: "If we are lucky, it is just one of the plasma couplings that has blown. Repairable but very very time consuming."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 131 posts
Sun 30 May 2010
at 16:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods and goes to the intercom on the wall.  "Chatterbox, Q7, extra plasma couplers?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 51 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 30 May 2010
at 17:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock


Sparks starts catalogging the inventory (such as it is) with the help of CB (Chatterbox)...
Arbiter
 GM, 291 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 30 May 2010
at 19:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: "I'll be happy to fetch you a copy of the manifest, Mr. Strickland!" Chatterbox says, and in moments you see the woefully brief list of onboard equipment and spare parts.  On the plus side, there is a plasma coupler listed.

Engine Room: Q7 replies to Roice, "There's a spare coupler in the tool locker down there, but we're short a few of the tools you're going to need to pull the drive apart to replace it.  I'm going to need someone up here to take over monitoring our flight so I can come down and lend a hand."

"I can fly, meekanik," Bola admits grudgingly.  "Yoosa go, gettin' the damn thing fixed so weesa be onna da way faster.  I don't wanna spend any longer onna this ship with these losers than I gotta."

"Okay then," Q7 replies.  "Problem solved, apparently.  I'll be right down to help Legs with the repair work."

Forem turns to Roice, "Captain Delfinn, if you don't mind I think I would be better served helping Lieutenant Strickland put together a supply manifest.  Materiel acquisition and cataloging is one of my primary functions after all."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 52 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 30 May 2010
at 20:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
Strickland: "I'll be happy to fetch you a copy of the manifest, Mr. Strickland!" Chatterbox says, and in moments you see the woefully brief list of onboard equipment and spare parts.  On the plus side, there is a plasma coupler listed.


Sparks will check all actual inventory compared with listed manifest, and find the power coupling for Agail'ili.

Arbiter:
Forem turns to Roice, "Captain Delfinn, if you don't mind I think I would be better served helping Lieutenant Strickland put together a supply manifest.  Materiel acquisition and cataloging is one of my primary functions after all."


(ooc - It seems I've been promoted!:o)
Roice Delfinn
 player, 132 posts
Mon 31 May 2010
at 01:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Fine, go," says Roice to Forem.

"Aggie, keep at it.  Haskel, help me go sort through these lockers and bins."

(OOC: Forem's running malfunction is he refers to everybody, regardless, in some random military rank.)
Agial'ili
 player, 73 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 31 May 2010
at 07:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Just as I thought, the plasma coupler is blown and made a mess of things. Good thing we have a spare. It would have been a challenge to repair the blown one."

She started to remove burned and melted components from the drive. Noting that the drive was anything but stock, its previous owner had been replacing parts at an alarming rate.

"It will still take a few hours to repair though, there is quite a lot of secondary damage that needs to be rewired."

Garret Haskel
 player, 192 posts
Mon 31 May 2010
at 10:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garrret walks over to help Roice find the parts he is looking for.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 53 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 31 May 2010
at 21:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Having checked the inventory (quickly), Sparks will go back to the bridge.

Sitting at the Comms station, Sparks thinks up the next plan...


"CBox, set me up a secure folder at this station.  I'll write my own encyption subroutine."  Sparks pauses for Cbox to acknowledge...  and then begins typing a very long data encryption subroutine.


"Cbox, I'll be entering some frequencies and bandwidths into my secure folder.  I want you to monitor these channels and record all transmissions intercepted.  Don't try to decipher them, I'll do that later."
Arbiter
 GM, 292 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Jun 2010
at 18:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Engine Room: Roice and Haskel root through the maintenance locker and eventually come up with the spare plasma coupler.  In the meantime, Q7 has come in and begins helping Agial'ili disassemble the hyperdrive.  At the rate they're going, it's obvious that it's not going to be done quickly or soon.

Strickland: As Bola sits down in the pilot's seat, Chatterbox responds, "Ooo, a challenge!  Sounds like fun, Mr. Strickland!  Just the sort of thing to help while away the time as we limp towards our destination.  Although you needn't worry about cracking codes.  I assure that my slicing subroutines are state of the art and there isn't a code written I can't break!  Well, except for that one...  But that wasn't my fault!  Q7 tricked me by having a drunken Trandoshan write backwards and upside down with his feet!  Anyway," the droid voice continues, "Folder created and I'll be happy to keep an eye out for those frequencies."
Agial'ili
 player, 74 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 1 Jun 2010
at 18:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Working together with such a sophisticated droid was a first thing for her. It was as if you got a pair of extra intelligent hands and that made the work go fast. Still so many parts that needed to be replacing To be honest she was enjoying herself as she worked on the repairs.

"Do we have enough spare parts to make it a proper fix or do we need to 'kit bash'? I prefer the first, but I think we can jury rig things if need be. What do you think?", she asked the floating droid.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 10 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 1 Jun 2010
at 18:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 blips and skirrs, unable to talk intelligibly when unhooked from the ship.  "He says that he can fabricate the damaged wiring from existing stores, so the coupler will be the only serious issue to fix on the drive," Chatterbox translates.

Q7 beeps a bit more before going silent and delving into the drive casing with his manipulator, "That is," Chatterbox continues, "if we can get into the..." the droid pauses, "Well, that's definitely the most colorful description of a hyperdrive outer casing I've ever heard!"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 54 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Jun 2010
at 22:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #384):

Sparks completes encrypted test codes and saves them in his encrypted folder.

"O.K. Cbox, lets see how good you are.  Decipher what I just saved."


While waiting, Sparks turns idly to the Gungan for a little chat...

Mister Bola, I know we have to perform some tasks for the VP, to 'pay off our debt'.  I have some ideas that may either pay off this debt quicker, or generate some funds for us while we serve our new master.  Are you interested?
Arbiter
 GM, 293 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 2 Jun 2010
at 12:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: Chatterbox is silent for an inordinately long time, finally coming back with a confused, "Are you sure this is a code?  Hmm...  No, wait, let me take another crack at it!" and goes silent again.


Bola turns in the pilot's seat to look you over, sneering, "Splynn ain't my master, meat," he says, smugly, "Heesa my Boss.  Heesa payin' da bills and keepin' me around to fix little problems that be comin' up.  Problems like the buncha yoosa."

The Gungan shrugs, "But, hey, it's gonna be long-o trip, yeah?  Yoosa tellin' me yoosa little gettin' rich quick scheme.  Mebbe it pans out.  Mebbe it gives me a reason to be 'splainin' to Splynn why I throwin' yoosa out da airlock..."

That last part might have been a joke?  It seemed to amuse Bola at least...

Engine Room: From the look of things the two techs are going to be working on the hyperdrive for the rest of the "day".  There's probably not much else that can be done by non-technical folks except offer moral support.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 55 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 2 Jun 2010
at 22:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Re-assured by his own superiority, Sparks allows a smile to play across his lips.

Arbiter:
The Gungan shrugs, "But, hey, it's gonna be long-o trip, yeah?  Yoosa tellin' me yoosa little gettin' rich quick scheme.  Mebbe it pans out.  Mebbe it gives me a reason to be 'splainin' to Splynn why I throwin' yoosa out da airlock..."

That last part might have been a joke?  It seemed to amuse Bola at least...


I used to Imp Navy see, workin' on Nebulob B Frigates.  They got the best Comm's rig goin'.  Same rigs used on the Destroyers see.  Yer get to pick up a lot of stuff as a Comm's operator, alot of stuff that's 'Top Secret' and encryped and stuff like that.  Alot of tricks of the trade too, especially when huntin' pirates.

I got CBox scanning low level Imp and CSA Merchant shipping bandwidths.  Where and when certain ship stop in deep space for their hyperspace recalc, what their carrying, when their escort leaves them, stuff like that.  Easy pickin's for the right kind of motivated people.  People yer might know?  People just waiting to undercut the opposition?  This kind of information could be worth alot, about 15% of the haul maybe, to the right people of course.

Garret Haskel
 player, 193 posts
Wed 2 Jun 2010
at 22:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret stays out of the way, but remains in the room in case the two mechanics need help. The fact that the gungan is on the opposite end of the ship is another reason.
Agial'ili
 player, 75 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 2 Jun 2010
at 22:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Forgetting all other things around her she kept on working. Distributing piles of parts that were broken beyond repair, things that could be salvaged and stuff that could be replaced without a hitch.

"I figure that we need 3 of these broken components fixed. Can you do those Q7 while I start to reassemble this giant jigsaw until it resembles a working Hyperdrive again?"
Arbiter
 GM, 294 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 16:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: "Yoosa talkin' sellin' info to pirates, yeah?" Bola says more than asks.  "Yoosa just be keepin' that poodoo to yoosa self, Imp," the Gungan scowls.  "Was pirates that takin' me from my family, sellin' me to the Imps for slavework.  It's pirates that be raidin' CorpSec ships and runnin' off with da Boss' high-priced merchandise.  It's 'cuz of pirates that da Boss be hirin' little ships like diss'n and crews of scum like yoosa lot to run goods." He twists his eyestalks to glare at you, "I catch yoosa sendin' signals to any pirates, Strickland, yoosa be joinin' da Naboo in suckin' vacuum."

The fact that the "goods" Splynn runs are typically contraband doesn't seem to trip Bola's irony sensors...

Engine Room: Q7 blips and Chatterbox translates, "He says 'I'm on it'!"

OOC: The repair work really is going to take almost all of the 40 hour transit, so everyone give me a "I'm doing X" post and I'll skip things ahead a bit.  No point in drudging through the whole trip. ;)
Timothy Strickland
 player, 56 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 21:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
Strickland: "Yoosa talkin' sellin' info to pirates, yeah?" Bola says more than asks.  "Yoosa just be keepin' that poodoo to yoosa self, Imp," the Gungan scowls.  "Was pirates that takin' me from my family, sellin' me to the Imps for slavework.  It's pirates that be raidin' CorpSec ships and runnin' off with da Boss' high-priced merchandise.  It's 'cuz of pirates that da Boss be hirin' little ships like diss'n and crews of scum like yoosa lot to run goods." He twists his eyestalks to glare at you, "I catch yoosa sendin' signals to any pirates, Strickland, yoosa be joinin' da Naboo in suckin' vacuum."


"So you don't want a cut then?  O.K. forget it..." Sparks blanks the Gungan for the rest off the trip.

During the next 2 days Sparks will settle into his birth, get plenty of rest, carry out further diagnostic tests for Agail'ili and otherwise continue with his 'Station X' hobby with CBox.
Agial'ili
 player, 76 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 22:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili spends X time repairing the Hyperdrive and getting to know the droids and the ship better. She even activates the door again. She remains a bit distant from the other crew, fearful that she is getting involved in their endless squabbles.
Garret Haskel
 player, 195 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 23:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret retreats to his quarters, and studies the ship's schematic; thinking of possible ways to eliminate the ship's large kill zone.
Harry Selous
 player, 40 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 13:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Selous mostly sleeps, maintains his new blaster to try and make sure it doesn't fail when he fires it, and exploring the ship, checking for any hidden compartments and areas that would be easily defended if things came to an on ship battle.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 133 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 15:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice will take some time to study the hyperspace coordinates to try to figure out our destination, and perhaps any nearby systems on the way that could be used as a stopover to fix the hyperdrive.

Otherwise, he tries to make himself comfortable in his quarters and will spend some time getting familiar with the ship layout.
Arbiter
 GM, 297 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 16:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The time passes uneventfully for the most part.  Bola sets himself up in the first mate's cabin right off the bridge and is a looming presence whenever someone tries to do anything with the ship's controls or systems.

Forem and Chatterbox spend the time exchanging stories and learning about each other's capabilities.  They seem to work together all right although both confide in Roice on separate occasions that they find the other to be a bit annoying.

Q7 stays hard at work assisting Agial'ili in the repair of the hyperdrive.

Strickland: You and Chatterbox manage to intercept several signals, you're obviously navigating along a well-traveled hyperlane.  Nothing spectacular, just chatter and guidance telemetry.  It does strike you as odd that a freighter has comm gear sophisticated enough for you to monitor all these frequencies.

Agial'ili: You spend your time mostly on the hyperdrive, although Q7's assistance gives you freedom to take a break and fix the main engine room door.

Chatterbox is kept pretty busy with Strickland's project and talking with Forem, but he manages to squeeze you in to his active social calendar.  Q7 is more accessible--if more difficult to talk directly to--and happy to chat while the two of you work.  You learn a few new curse words you didn't know existed in your time getting to know the crusty little astromech.  He also regales you with some exciting war stories from his days serving in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.

OOC: Please give me a Starship repair roll to cover the time you've spent working on the ship.

Haskel: Short of installing some rear-facing weapons (which still would have blind spots thanks to the massive, side-mounted main engines), there's no way to fully compensate for the ship's tactical deficiencies.  But, then, it's a freighter, not a frigate...

Selous: The antique blaster rifle is a piece of garbage.  You aren't sure if the thing will fall apart or burn the flesh off your hands if you have to fire more than a couple of shots.  But, you clean it up the best you can (grimacing, no doubt, at the chips of polycarb that flake off the blaster as you work on it).

As for hidden/defensible areas, the ship doesn't really have any.  It's a fairly open floorplan, not designed for repelling boarders (flight, not fight, is the tramp freighter motto after all).

Roice: You finagle the destination out of the computer, coming up with a stark numerical designation: FD-857.  Cross referencing that with Holonet searches suggests that you're probably headed for a CSA refueling station.  They're usually set up in deep space to provide rest stops for long-haul convoys.  And your research confirms that there are no nearby systems--at least not close enough to warrant changing course--so you're truly out in the wilds now.

OOC: I'll wrap up this exciting spaceflight after I make sure the techies don't break the ship any more than it already is. ;)
Arbiter
 GM, 298 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 19:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili and Q7 manage to repair the main hyperdrive and get it reassembled in about 30 hours, 10 or so hours less than originally projected.  However, dropping out of hyperspace just to restart the main hyperdrive is counterproductive, so you finish your trip limping along on the backup.

It's been a long, tedious, boring couple of days cooped up in the ship.  There's nothing to eat except emergency rations and you're too far out to get any decent Holonet programs, only old movies and the ever-present Imperial propaganda pieces that have flooded the 'net since the inception of Emperor Palpatine's New Order.

So, it's with great relief that you watch hyperspace morph back into realspace as the Tracker drops back to sublight on approach to Fuel Depot FD-857.  The station consists mostly of latticework holding titanic fuel containers ringed around the small habitat section.  There are a few cargo haulers and a Corellian corvette docked at the station, space workers and droids flitting about their hulls like insects.

"YV-100 on approach, this is Control, please respond," drones a voice on a hailing frequency.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 134 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 19:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice picks up the com headset but before answering, looks at Bola expectantly.

"What's the story?  Are we really us, or what?"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 12 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 19:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan nods.  "We got some cargo waitin' for us."

He turns to glare at anyone else on the bridge, "And weesa better be leavin' this place without any shootin' and crashin', yeah?  From this'n point weesa flyin' quiet, understood?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 135 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 19:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Eight-five-seven control, YV-100, designate Sun Tracker, checking in."
Arbiter
 GM, 300 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 19:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Roger that, Sun Tracker," replies Control.  "We have you on our schedule as two days overdue.  You guys run into some trouble?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 136 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 20:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Main drive problem, solved now.  Hope to have a quick turnaround.  Anything we can do to help that happen?"
Arbiter
 GM, 301 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 20:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Don't order lunch..." Control replies, deadpan.  "Open your slave circuit and we'll route you to your docking slip.  You've got a prepaid refueling chit here, so we'll take care of that while you come pick up your cargo.  I'll transmit the remote code once you acknowledge you're open.  Control out."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 137 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 20:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice makes a few keystrokes with Strickland.  "Control, slave set to auto and our hands clear, bring us in."

He turns to Bola, his eyes wide.  "That was really easy.  Splynn obviously has some clout."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 13 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 20:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan doesn't say anything, but leans back comfortably in the co-pilot's seat, smirking smugly.

The Sun Tracker moves under automatic control to the designated docking space.  It docks directly with the habitation module instead of to the external superstructure like the larger ships.  The ship lands on the docking pad and comes to rest with a sigh.  The board is all green as the freighter returns to manual control and Bola begins the shutdown sequence.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 58 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 20:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
/Arbiter:
...the ever-present Imperial propaganda pieces that have flooded the 'net since the inception of Emperor Palpatine's New Order.


Sparks will pay special attention to the 'Propogander', checking for hidden messages, subversive, subconscious stuff like that.  You can't be too careful...
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 15 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 20:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Looking out the front viewport, Forem tilts his clam-shaped head quizzically.  "Captain Delfinn," he asks, "How are they expecting us to retrieve our cargo without pressure suits?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 138 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 21:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm not certain."

He picks up the microphone.  "Control, Sun Tracker; we are in position and awaiting further instructions."
Arbiter
 GM, 302 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 22:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
/Arbiter:
...the ever-present Imperial propaganda pieces that have flooded the 'net since the inception of Emperor Palpatine's New Order.


Sparks will pay special attention to the 'Propogander', checking for hidden messages, subversive, subconscious stuff like that.  You can't be too careful...

There's no detectable subliminal signal in the PR pieces, just cheesy, overblown melodrama and bad acting disguised as patriotic pablum.

Control comes back to Roice's question with, "Huh?  What, don't you have suits or something?"
Agial'ili
 player, 78 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 23:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The good thing aboard an old Freighter like this that as Engineer you never had a dull moment. After the Hyperdrive was finished she had spend time to get to learn the ship better and check out other systems that had been a long while wasting away when the ship was mothballed. It was easier to do now that Q7 had been learning to not consider her to be somebody who could only break things. She was mighty glad of her pocket computer though. It helped the communication drastically.

Right now she was at a viewport watching the fueling station and following the docking procedure. Kinda exciting really.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 139 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 00:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice winces.  "Negative control," he says.  "Negative on pressure suits, standby."

He toggles off the com and says to Bola, "Our pickup--what is it?  Big, bulky, numerous, what?"
Harry Selous
 player, 41 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 05:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry comes out of his bay and prepares for the worst. Regardless of what the ywere picking uo, he'd try and be ready for any hostile moves.
Garret Haskel
 player, 196 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 11:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret stands at the top of the ramp, waiting for the landing bay to be pressurized so they can load the cargo and be on there way.
Arbiter
 GM, 303 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 14:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola shrugs, "Beat'n me..." he says.  "Just some stuff yoosa need'n to lug to the place weesa goin'."

The voice on the comm sounds less monotone and more irritated now, "No suits?  C'mon, seriously?  Look, I got, like, 10 crates and a speeder with your name on it sitting here in the cargo lock and they don't pay us to haul cargo.  So, you need to figure something out, Sun Tracker.  I don't have all day."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Sat 05 June 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 140 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 17:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Control, we're sending over a representative now, to survey the cargo.  Standby."

He turns around and shouts down the gangway.

"Forem, Q7!  Airlock, now."

He looks out the viewpane at the station.  "Sparks, check out the passive scans and see if you can tell if there's a dock big enough for us, or if they're just giving us grief for some reason."

He's silent for a second, then says, "And Chatterbox, put 'vac suits' on our shopping list."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 59 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 17:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks, who is usually at the Comms station, conducts a Passive Sensor Scan of the Depot as requested.

18:49, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 12 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,{Wild}2,1,3. Passive Sensors.
Arbiter
 GM, 304 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 19:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: There are no docks inside the habitation module, this station is meant for refueling stops, not commerce.  The only way to the cargo lock is walking, and the only route is through hard vacuum.

"Hey, guys!" Chatterbox chimes in, "Just thought you might like to know that the loading ramp won't deploy in a vacuum without first evacuating air from the main cargo area.  So, you guys might want to find yourselves some nice, sealed compartments to sit inside, because Q7 really gets gripey when he has to clean organs and bodily fluids off the bulkheads!  That means you, Misters Selous and Haskel."

The droids wait at the top of the ramp, Q7 bobbing impatiently.

OOC: Every room with a door (bridge, engine room, crew quarters, galley, and 'fresher) can seal airtight.

Garret Haskel
 player, 197 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 19:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret heads to the bridge since that's where all the excitement seems to be and because he wants to see what they are bringing on the ship.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 141 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 20:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Alright CB, as soon as everyone is clear, seal the bulkheads then go ahead and vent."

He slumps in the pilot's chair, waiting.  "An inauspicious start..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 198 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 20:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Weren't there vac suits on the ship when it was put into long term storage?"
Agial'ili
 player, 80 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 20:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Another great feature of the ship that could have been better thought out. Closing all doors around the cargo bay, not much living space is left. After making sure that all the seals are green she contacted the droids.

"All locks secured and showing there are no leaks, you can vent the air from the cargo hold now"

Here she was, prisoner of her own little compartment, Engineering.
Harry Selous
 player, 43 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 20:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Selous went back in to his room. He'd stay in there till it was clear to come ouy, then he'd get to see what they were bringing on.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 142 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 20:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret Haskel:
"Weren't there vac suits on the ship when it was put into long term storage?"


"That's a good question.  CB, did uncle do all his loading himself?  Even if he didn't, surely he had a vac suit for repairs and emergencies, no?"
Arbiter
 GM, 305 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 21:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Emergency lights flash and warning alarms chime as the ship sucks up the excess atmosphere from the cargo area and opens the ramp.  In a matter of seconds those of you on the bridge can see Forem and Q7 headed towards the cargo lock, which is cycling open to allow them access.

Chatterbox replies to Roice, "What super questions, Captain!  Master Veran didn't do any loading he didn't have to, something about having a bad back, or a bad knee, or was it a bad shoulder?  I could never tell, but whatever it was, it always seemed to kick in right when cargo needed loading.  Luckily, a few credits in the hands of your average dock worker would usually be sufficient to get the cargo on board.  As for requiring a pressure suit for repairs, Master Veran always sent Q7 to do any EVA work.  Emergencies..." the droid's typically upbeat voice changed, becoming almost sad, "Yes, he kept a suit for emergencies.  In fact he was wearing it when...  When..." Chatterbox trails off and is silent for a moment, then he speaks up again, tone once more chipper, "Well, suffice it to say, Captain, that there's no suit on board right now!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 199 posts
Sat 5 Jun 2010
at 22:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We should acquire new ones at the soonest opportunity, and we should make the ones we get are rated for combat."
Jared Verik
 player, 56 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 06:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
 After his extended holiday in the labor mines Jared had been enjoying a bit of undue but in his mind at least deserved R and R since coming aboard the freighter. Locked in the crew quarters to avoid a grisly death from exposure he lounged idly.


((sorry for vanishing things got a little exciting. its better now.))
Roice Delfinn
 player, 143 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 18:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice sits in silence for a few moments, and doesn't press for any details about Veran's death.

Finally, he opens the comlink channel and says, "What's it looking like, boys?"
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 16 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 18:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Just as they said, Captain," Forem replies.  "I count ten mid-sized crates.  Weight estimate approximately 50 kilograms apiece.  And the speeder is a SoroSuub XP-38.  Nothing too terribly spectacular.  In fact, I think it's probably used..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 144 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 19:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Can you load the crates onto the speeder and drive it over?"
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 17 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 19:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Negative, Captain," Forem replies.  "The speeder's repulsors will work in a vacuum, but the thrusters need an atmosphere.  I suppose that, with some help, I could push the speeder onto the ship.  But that would require at least two others to help."
Arbiter
 GM, 306 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 19:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Control chooses that moment to cut in, "Hey, Sun Tracker, you guys got that cargo moved yet?  The refueling droids are getting antsy and want to get started."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 145 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 21:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice ignores the control traffic.  "Q7, you got a camera?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 11 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 21:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 twitters something which Chatterbox helpfully translates as "Nope." There's a brief pause and the astromech chirps again, "I can tell you, though, that the cargo lock's got plenty of air.  Maybe if a couple of you guys ran fast enough you could get here and--"

Chatterbox cuts off the translation and says, sheepishly, "He's joking, of course!  Just a little levity to brighten to day!  Definitely not an attempt to get any of you fine organic types to take a walk through hard vacuum!"
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 18 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 21:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Q7's odd sense of humor aside," Forem chimes in, "I can confirm that the lock does have a stable air pressure."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 146 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 03:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice leans close to the microphone.  "Forem, Q7, I want you to look closely at the crates.  Take a good couple of minutes to examine them, carefully.  And make sure the refueling droids see you doing it.  Got it?"
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 19 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 13:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Affirmative, Captain," Forem responds.  Q7 bleeps in the background.
Arbiter
 GM, 307 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 13:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The droids take their sweet time staring at the crates, enough time that Control starts to get antsy again.  "Hey, Sun Tracker, you got that stuff loaded yet?  You're holding up the line, and the air shield's not cheap to run, you know."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 147 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 14:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice puts some irritation in his voice and says, "Stand by, control," then slams the hook.

He looks to Bola.  "So there's no manifest, invoice, anything?"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 14 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 15:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Why?" the Gungan says, reclining comfortably in the bridge's passenger seat,  "Yoosa wanna know what's inna da boxes?  Yoosa ever thinkin' mebbe yoosa just askin' me?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 148 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 15:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"No, I don't care what's in the boxes.  As far as we care, the boxes could be full of mynock splay, and we'd still deliver them without question or concern."

He points out at the station.  "The simple solution would be to have their crew load it for us, which they're not going to do for free now, are they.  So unless you've got a stash of credits somewhere you're willing to part with--we certainly don't, considering our previous port of call--you need to help me pull off this bluff."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 2 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 15:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Pardon the interruption, fellas!" Chatterbox interjects, "But that's not entirely true, Captain.  Remember when they mentioned that we had a prepaid refueling chit?  Well, that's just a pile of credits set aside to pay for filling up.  I'll bet they'd happily repurpose some of that money for another task, especially if it gets us out of their hair sooner.  It couldn't hurt to ask, at any rate..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 60 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 21:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock

Sparks will be on the ?Comms station the whole time, monitoring stuff passively etc... Intercepting transmissions and recording them and stuff...  Any other YV100 class ships pass by recently?

22:37, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 17 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,2,6,3,2,{Wild}3. Comm's.
Arbiter
 GM, 308 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 04:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: Nothing of any great interest to report.  No signs of any YV-100s passing through recently.  You do hack into the frequency the refueling droids are using to talk to each other and learn that you guys and your delays are really starting to tick them off.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 61 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 10:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock

"Let's wind this up guys.  The refuelling droids are getting angry now."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 149 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 17:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice takes a breath.  "Okay."

He toggles the comlink to the droids.  "Forem, keep your mouth shut.  Only translate what Q7 might say.  Q7, go with me here."

He opens the channel to the station, and puts a little irritation in his voice again.  "Control, Sun Tracker.  We're going to need you to dial out your magcom field to our ramp to accommodate this transaction, copy?"
Arbiter
 GM, 309 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 17:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You kidding me?" Control responds, now fully annoyed.  "You know what it costs us in power to run that thing, and you want me to expand the field?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 150 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 18:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Whatever.  I'm not taking possession of those crates until I can inspect them visually first, control.  So either reel out the air, or ready up a docking sleeve."
Arbiter
 GM, 310 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 18:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We don't have-- this isn't--!" Control splutters, finally coming back with an irritated, "Fine!  But I'm taking the cost out of your refueling tab."

The comm cuts off and you can see the iridescent bubble of the shield balloon out from the station to surround and seal the forward portion of the ship.  After another minute of waiting, the vacuum alarms shut off and Chatterbox says, "Pressure normalized, folks!  You're now free to move about the cabin!"

OOC: You can all come out now, the big, mean vacuum is gone.;)
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 20 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 18:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Captain?" Forem comms, "Relaying a message from Q7: He says that he can pull up the speeder now if you'd like, but that it's going to take some manpower to move these crates on board."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 151 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 18:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Stand by, Forem, we're coming over."

He unlocks the bulkheads and opens the intercom.

"We need a few strong arms to help with these boxes."  As an afterthought, he says, "Bring a jacket."
Agial'ili
 player, 81 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 19:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
After checking that there is indeed air behind the engine room door she opens it and moves quickly towards the docking bay. It was indeed cold, very cold as a matter of fact. Taking some rags with her she moved outside to help haul the cargo, because she had no intention to touch anything with her bare hands.

Walking out she passed some of the rags to others as well in steamy fog as her breath condensates immediately:

"Better not touch things with your bare hands, I expect things to be very very cold"
Garret Haskel
 player, 200 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 19:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret grabbed a jacket and some gloves from a locker then joined the others at the bottom of the ramp.

"Let's get these loaded so we can get out of here."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 62 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 21:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks thinks about helping, but then stays on the bridge performing his passive scans and comms monitoring.   Just in case something happens...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 152 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 02:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
On his way out of the bridge, Roice says, "Sparks, you better stay here on the bridge and keep doing passive scans and monitoring the comms.  Just in case something happens..."

(OOC: =D)

He stands at the relative warmth at the top of the loading ramp, looks at the others and says, "Alright, keep it moving.  That's pretty much open space out there.  Well, except for the air and the gravity..."

(OOC: Who is going across?)
Garret Haskel
 player, 201 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 02:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret started walking towards the cargo they were supposed to load onto the ship.

OOC: Me; and how big are the boxes we are supposed to be getting? Can they be carried by hand?
Jared Verik
 player, 57 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 07:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
 Jared deciding he cant slack off for ever makes his way from the crew quarters to cargo bay to pitch in.
Arbiter
 GM, 313 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 12:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Those of you going outside proceed across the landing pad, enclosed in a translucent bubble of forcefield.  Outside the field, a pair of refueling droids, spidery and utilitarian constructs trailing fuel hoses, float in the vacuum, watching you go by.  One of them makes an impatient "HURRY UP!" motion with one of its tool arms.

Forem and Q7 are waiting for you in the cargo lock.  Q7 is behind the wheel of an older model speeder that looks as if it's seen better times.  But its repulsorlift hums quietly and its engines idly in a healthy sounding manner.

Forem is standing beside a stack of ten smallish cargo crates.  The crates are of manageable size--and weight if the droid's estimate was correct--but there's no way the 2-seater speeder can carry them all, nor can your group get them all in one trip (one box per person)
Agial'ili
 player, 82 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 12:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
It was to cold and nasty here to stay out for a long time, nor had she any intention of walking more then was absolutely necessary.

"Lets load a couple up in the speeder and carry the rest aboard", she suggested as she loaded one of the boxes inside the speeder and then picked up another one to get inside as soon a s possible.
Arbiter
 GM, 314 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 13:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: In the lowered gravity of the cargo lock and landing pad, the 50 kilo weight of the crate is not too hard to handle.  But you know there's no way you're getting it inside the ship.

OOC: the crates weigh a bit over 100 lbs. in a full G.  You guys are at probably half a G right now, so no jumping around. ;)

Garret Haskel
 player, 202 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 15:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret places one of the boxes on top of another, then picks them both up with seeming ease and walks back to the ship at a steady pace.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:33, Fri 11 June 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 44 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 12 Jun 2010
at 06:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry comes out of his cabin with a jacket and grabbed some left over rags. He had his new blaster with him, since you could never really trust anybody, especially frustrated station control operators that controlled the air bubble which kept you from life and empty nothingness.

He made his way to the boxes and picked one up, then started to take it back to the ship. He noted the speeder and smiled. He liked speeders. Maybe there would be some decent weaponry in these boxes.
Agial'ili
 player, 84 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 12 Jun 2010
at 08:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She put the box down at the ramp when she realized that she would never be able to hold it in the gravitational settings the ship  was currently in.

"Chatterbox, Please lower the gravity inside the cargo bay and loading ramp. These boxes are to heavy to move otherwise."



OOC: was not meant to be a private post.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:30, Sun 13 June 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 315 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 12 Jun 2010
at 12:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 drives the speeder and a couple of crates up into the ship while the rest of you start moving the remaining cargo.  The gravity variance really does become an issue for those who try to take their load up into the ship.

OOC: STR check from everybody who wants to just march right on board with their load.
Garret Haskel
 player, 203 posts
Sat 12 Jun 2010
at 14:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Noticing the increased gravity aboard the ship Garret sets down one of the crates and carries the other to the cargo bay.
Harry Selous
 player, 45 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 12 Jun 2010
at 19:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
You rolled 12 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system ((2,{Wild}4,6)).
Agial'ili
 player, 85 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 13 Jun 2010
at 08:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"What a super idea, miss Agial'ili!" Chatterbox replies.  "But I'm just part of the communications array and don't have direct control over the ship's systems.  Because, oh boy, let me tell ya, if I did that thermostat would be set quit a bit lower, ha ha!  The environmental controls are in the engine room if that helps any."


"Thanks Chatterbox", seeing that Q7 was busy with speeder she hurriedly walked into the engine room towards the environmental control to adjust the gravity settings.
Arbiter
 GM, 316 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 14 Jun 2010
at 02:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
With a bit of muscle and sweat and thanks to Agial'ili's helpful modification of the ship's internal gravity, you manage to get the crates piled into the crew stowage across from the galley and 'fresher.  Q7 pulls the speeder up the ramp and maneuvers it into the portside hold.

Once all the crates are loaded, Agial'ili returns the ship's gravity to normal (as the system is tied into the ship's inertial compensators and best left at factory-recommended settings).

Q7 resumes his position on his stand as co-pilot and closes the loading ramp.  Once the ship is sealed, station control retracts the shield, giving the two impatient refueling droids access to the ship.  The float over hurriedly and attach their hoses to the fuel ports.  You can hear the clunking against the hull as they work.  In short order they've finished their task and depart.

Control contacts the bridge, "All right, Sun Tracker," the voice on the other end has resumed its bored monotone, "Looks like you guys are clear to take off now."
Agial'ili
 player, 86 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 14 Jun 2010
at 06:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She helped secure down the cargo properly, studying the crates to see if their was a manifest of what was inside it or a manifest saying what has to be done with the cargo.

"So, any idea what we need to be doing with these?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 153 posts
Mon 14 Jun 2010
at 15:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Excellent question," says Roice.  He looks to Bola.  "What's next?"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 15 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 14 Jun 2010
at 18:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yoosa gonna fly to the next set of coordinates," Bola waves a hand in the general direction of "Out there", "then weesa see how good you meat bein' at fast-talkin' patrol ships."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 65 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 14 Jun 2010
at 20:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Tarsk Bola (msg #472):

Sparks turns to Delfinn,

"Don't ask whats in the crates, you probably don't wanna know.."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 154 posts
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 03:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Right."  He opens the intercom.  "CB, Q7, boot up the next waypoint and fire it up when ready.  Aggie, stand 'em by for hyperspace.

"Everyone else, let's meet in the bay one and brainstorm up a proper cover story.  We'll need to forge a manifest, ready a spoofed transponder, and come up with a backup plan in case things go sour."

He shuts off the phone and stands.  "Care to join us?" he asks the Gungan.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 16 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 03:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The normally gruff and angry Gungan seems to be actually amused as he shrugs and gets to his feet.  "Sure, why not..." he chuckles, making a show of gesturing for Roice to precede him out of the cockpit.
Jared Verik
 player, 58 posts
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 05:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Once the crates were loaded Jared knuckles his back a bit from the work and heads down to the mess area for a bit of food and to wait for what ever was to come up next.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 66 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 09:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In the  brainstorming....

"A fake transponder code is easy for me, <winks> you can half half a dozen, but if we want one that'll stick, get us past patrol ships maybe <glance at Bola> we need to find a BoSS terminal.  Then we can hack a few real YV100 transponder registrations."

"If we got same model, same transponder code and same registration as other YV100's, then we'd pass any scans." <Turning to Delfinn> "We just need to be cool and calm over the Comm's and we're fine. Nothing short of a physical inspection of our chassic & engine number would rumble us.  Besides, me and Cbox got a few more tricks to pull, like at the depot. <Grins>
Chatterbox
 NPC, 3 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 15:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It's funny you should mention that, Mr. Strickland," Chatterbox says.  "This ship actually has a few standard 'alternate identities' on file that I use whenever we enter areas where we don't want people knowing who we are.  Alternate registration and transponder frequencies on file include Last Resort, Queen Martika, Lonely Run, Gundark, Steamrunner, and Imperial Courier LV-426."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 155 posts
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"And those are all clean identities, CB?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 204 posts
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 15:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret went to the cargo bay. He had a couple ideas that could eliminate the ship's kill zone.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 4 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 16:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Clean as a whistle, Captain!" the droid replies.  "In fact, Master Veran used to use the courier credentials to pick up extra money running packages when regular work was a little light.  Delivering mail is dull, but it pays the bills!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 156 posts
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 17:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice smiles maliciously.  "Excellent.  Sparks, let's set up profiles for each of those and familiarize ourselves with them.  It wouldn't hurt to come up with some airtight aliases for us either, considering where we just came from."

He regards the crates and the speeder.  "In the meantime, let's see what we've got here."

He does a thorough visual inspection of the boxes and the speeder, looking for anything out of the ordinary that may draw an inspector's unwanted attention to them.
Arbiter
 GM, 317 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 17:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The boxes are just standard shipping crates.  Four of them are vacuum locked, usually a sign of perishable contents.  But there's no outward sign that there's anything unusual about the crates.

The speeder also is fairly nondescript.  You'd expect to see it's type on any number of frontier worlds and it looks like its seen its fair share of miles.

OOC: For those of you wondering, this is the model speeder that Luke laments drove the price of his own down when he has to sell it in Episode 4...
Agial'ili
 player, 87 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 15 Jun 2010
at 23:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Aye aye captain", she moved into the engine department giving the engines another checkup. Hoping that their repairs would hold up when stress was put on them. It would be a bad show if the thing blew on her watch.
Harry Selous
 player, 46 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 05:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry was there, and listened as the others spoke. He wouldn't really be able to help in any of this until they landed planet side or if something went wrong during a check of the ship.

"So none of this is for us?" He asked, "Maybe a crate of weapons, or protective gear? I'll be alright picking weapons off of kills, but starting off with a good blaster rifle would make things much easier when it finally comes time for me to pull my weight. I'm surprised our employer has let us go this far without entrusting us with some kind of equipment."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 17 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So far?" Bola grunts incredulously.  "Yoosa meat hasn't even been finishin' the first job!  Yoosa don't rate guns and toys, yoosa just hired hands.  Prove to da Boss that yoosa not worthless--or, better yet, yoosa provin' to me that this isn't just a wastin' of time, then maybe we see about gettin' you meat some stuff.  Only reason I let you and da Naboo keepin' da meekanik blasters is 'cuz yoosa more likely to be hurtin' yoosa selves with 'em.  I don't trust yoosa with anything real or dangerous 'cuz I don't trust yoosa meat any further than the nearest airlock."

He turns his eyestalks to glare at you each in turn, "And be keepin' yoosa filthy hands off those crates, meat.  Theysa for your clients, yeah?  Theysa not bein' so happy if theysa stuff get messed with, then maybe the deal, it bein' off.  Da Boss, he won't be happy if this deal falls through."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 157 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 18:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice puts up a hand to Bola.  "Relax, nobody is going to open the cargo.  But we will need to measure the crates, weigh them, and describe them and the speeder to forge a proper manifest."

He looks over the stack of boxes.

(OOC: Are all the boxes the same make/model and/or shape/size?  I'm specifically asking to see if we can make the ones that aren't vacuum sealed appear as if they are--just one more reason to not open them for an inspector.)
Q7-P10
 NPC, 12 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 18:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 chooses that moment to chime in over the comm.  "Hey, Cap'n?  I've been cross-referencing this second set of coordinates with my charts and..." the astromech pauses, then continues, his synthesized voice uncertain, "Did you know we're headed for Hutt-controlled space?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 205 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 21:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret leaned back against the wall. Content to watch what was bound to be a battle of sorts between Delfinn and Bola.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 158 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 21:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice goes over to an engineering terminal and calls up the projection.

He looks at it for a moment.  "You're finding that odd.  Was it uncommon for Uncle Veran to come this far through the Meridian Sector?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 13 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 22:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Not really," Q7 replies, "he did most of his business through CorpSec and the Core Worlds, maybe a trip to the Rim every once in a while.  We didn't do business with the Hutts if we could avoid it.  Those slugs're nasty."
Agial'ili
 player, 88 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 16 Jun 2010
at 22:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As everything seemed to work just fine this time and their repair of the Hyperdrive looked to be a successful one, Agila'ili walked to the main room and couldn't help overhearing the conversation.

"I heard bad things about Huts. It would be wise to be prepared for trouble right?"

She shrugged and said: "I can take a look at those droid blaster if you like to make them less hazardous to use."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 159 posts
Thu 17 Jun 2010
at 02:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It means that instead of official trouble, we'll have to look out for trouble trouble."  He thinks for a few moments.

"Just for the sake of completion, let's go ahead and ready a manifest."

He looks to Bola.  "Who should we say is taking delivery?"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 18 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Thu 17 Jun 2010
at 12:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola shrugs, "Not knowin'...  And I betcha the Hutts, they not knowin' a single name of a single worker in the Mines, neither.  Just makin' somethin' up if yoosa really thinkin' you need to do this..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 160 posts
Thu 17 Jun 2010
at 20:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shrugs back.  "No reason to not start using some standard operating procedure.  Let's numerate the crates and address them to 'Master Lorga Lynsp.'  Think you can pretty us up an official-looking doc, Sparks?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 67 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 17 Jun 2010
at 21:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice shrugs back.  "No reason to not start using some standard operating procedure.  Let's numerate the crates and address them to 'Master Lorga Lynsp.'  Think you can pretty us up an official-looking doc, Sparks?"


I'll have a go Cap'n, but I ain't got no decent kit.  The docs would be standard Imp/CSA, but only fit for 'first glance', if you get me?"

Sparks will spend a few hours putting some stuff together, badly as it happens...

10:02, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 6 (11 excluding the wild die) using 4 dice and +2 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}1,6,3. Forgery?.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:04, Fri 18 June 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 319 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 18 Jun 2010
at 12:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
It doesn't take long to cobble together a reasonable looking false manifest, even though you still have no idea what's in the crates.  Bola "helpfully" provides the information that they contain "generic trade goods and perishable foodstuffs" which seems as good a description as any.

The speeder has no obvious sign of ownership, no paperwork, etc.  But the three droids, working together, are able to create a plausible ownership title and lay a shell over the speeder's startup sequence that give it the appearance of legitimacy.

"So," Chatterbox says once the bulk of the programming is done, "Which name are we going to use for our little clandestine adventure in Hutt Space?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 68 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 18 Jun 2010
at 13:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM]
Garret Haskel
 player, 206 posts
Fri 18 Jun 2010
at 14:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
With the work on the cargo list finished Garret walked up to Roice.

"Captain, I'd like to discuss that large kill zone that is the entire aft section of the ship."
Agial'ili
 player, 89 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 18 Jun 2010
at 17:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"So," Chatterbox says once the bulk of the programming is done, "Which name are we going to use for our little clandestine adventure in Hutt Space?"


During the trip she had been amusing herself with 'improving' one of the droid blasters. Mainly making sure that the thing was properly insulated against overheating so that it was less dangerous to operate. Though for a really good repair she needed to inject new gas and replacing the focusing mirrors that had gone a bit out of alignment. Unfortunately none was available and it remained a poor weapon. But at least it was less likely to hurt its shooter now.

On the question about the ownership of the crates she suggested:
"How about we use a Huttish sounding name? We might even use an existing one like Jabba. I hear he is notorious and fortunately pretty far away from here so he won't bother us. But nobody in his right mind would like to make him angry so they probably keep us alone right?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 161 posts
Mon 21 Jun 2010
at 19:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice surveys the paperwork and cargo.  "Might as well start at the top of the list.  Switch out signals and ready the transponder for when we're back in realspace.  Lady and gentlemen, we're now officially the Last Resort.

"For the time being, at least."

He looks to Haskel.  "What do you have in mind?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 207 posts
Mon 21 Jun 2010
at 19:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"One idea is we upgrade the turret so that it has full rotation, and we put a program in the firing computer that prevents the system from firing if it detects that doing so would cause this ship damage."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 162 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 16:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Chatterbox, did you catch that?  Is that even possible?  If so, we should explore the option."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 5 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 17:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Well, I gotta say that it's a super idea, Mr. Haskel has, Captain!" Chatterbox enthuses.  "But, well, I wouldn't know a hydrospanner from an alluvial damper.  Tech stuff isn't my area of programming, neither is combat logic.  In fact, Master Veran erased that little bit of my programming to add more modules related to Communications.  Speaking of which," the droid voice turns conspiratorial, "Did you know that we're in range of the Hutt's underground Holonet feed now?  Can I interest anyone in the latest illegal pod race results?  Or perhaps you gentlemen might like to watch a live feed from the dressing room of Jabba Desjilic's slave girls?  I hear it's a highly rated program on the HuttNet!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 208 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 17:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"The pod races sounds interesting. Call those up."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 163 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 17:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shakes his head and waves his hand.  "No, that's...  Hmmm, pod races?"  He thinks about it for a second then shakes his head again.  "No, we don't have any money to bet anyway.

"Q7, first chance you get, go up to the turret with Haskel and see if you can track what he's proposing.

"CB, what's our ETA?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 14 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 17:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
A disgusted "PHBBBT!" fairly succinctly encapsulates the astromech's feelings about that particular order
Chatterbox
 NPC, 6 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 17:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Great question, Captain!  I'll ask Q7!" There's a momentary silence, then Chattebox comes back with, "Looks like it'll be another couple of days.  We're avoiding the main hyperspace lanes and taking a few 'back routes' to our destination since Q7 suspects that what we're up to is... less than legal."
Garret Haskel
 player, 209 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 17:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret goes to the ladder and climbs up to the turret.

"Move it droid, and I better not see even the tip of your shock arm."
Arbiter
 GM, 321 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 18:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 is currently on the bridge flying the ship
Timothy Strickland
 player, 69 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 18:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
While the others dissappear to watch pod porn in the lounge, Sparks stays on the bridge...

"Cbox, I'd like to customise my Comms console so that I can perform some comms functions directly, at short notice.   This may allow you to perform other functions more quickly.  Think of me as a slave processor, what do yer fink?"

Sparks is thinking of programming some macro's, or hot keys, to shortcut some complex commands, like full spectrum active scanning, sensor and/or comms jamming, and selecting transponer frequencies, for example.  He'll spend some considerable time setting up menu's, sub menu's etc, to reduce his 'combat response times'.


"By the way, great for detecting the Hut Holonet.  Can you do me a favour and scan the holonet carrier wave for anomolous frequencies.  Save them to my station and I'll analysis them later..."


"Oh and CBox,  any results from the other frequencies you were scanning for me?
Chatterbox
 NPC, 7 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 19:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Well, I certainly wouldn't mind the break," Chatterbox replies.  "Since you're logged as the ship's comm officer, you can make yourself a customized program in the ship's computer.  Just recognize that anything that will send up a red flag gets reported to me by the Tracker and I'm obligated to report malicious tampering to the Captain.  Otherwise, knock yourself out!"

There's a brief pause following your request, then the droid brain says, "If I had a credit for every anomalous frequency sliding between the cracks on the HuttNet...  Well, let's just say I'd buy myself a shiny new body and a whole army of service droids to keep my lubricated!  But I think I can narrow the selection down to those that are actually interesting, not just Hutt money laundering transactions and other run of the mill, boring, criminal activity."

There's another pause, then, "I wasn't picking up anything on the frequencies you had given me, but that's not surprising because we truly were out in the woods.  Now we're moving closer to civilized space and I've gotten a few hits.  I'll send you what I've got and hope it's good enough."
Agial'ili
 player, 90 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 19:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The problem with long journeys in a spaceship that was not malfunctioning was that it started to get boring very soon. Even her side project of 'improving' the old blasters had not taken much time to be honest. Just cleaning the stuff up, re-aligning the lenses and adding insulation to the overheating problem. she just did not have the components to repair the blasters to proper working order.

However Haskel's idea about the turret, well she could look into it.

"Why don't you let me have a look at that turret. Q7 is busy with his hyperdrive thing and I know a thing or two about starships and have repaired turrets before"

OOC: What about my idea of acting as if we work for an important Hutt?
Arbiter
 GM, 322 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 19:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Oh yeah, forgot to mention the guns...  Agial'ili has added a layer of insulation to the rifle barrels, alleviating--to some degree--the overheating problem inherent in the mass-produced short-barrel carbines.  Previously, if you'd tried to fire more than a couple of shots in a row, the heat from the blasts would've burned your hands.  But thanks to her, you can now get more shots in before the guns become too hot to handle.  It's not a perfect solution, but it's a definite improvement.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 70 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 20:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock


"...and it's the final lap in the Tatooine 500, the WeeQuay champion is in the lead..."  There is a loud pop from the cockpit, a puff of ozone smoke, and the Holonet feed goes off line...  "Oh frag!  That wasn't supposed to happen.  Just give me a minute boys..."

Sparks is under the Comms station, panel off, feet sticking out, swearing loudly...  Ironically, reparing damage youv'e just caused is easy, but designing spanking new systems from a sows ear aint!


The holonet feed comes back on -line after a few moments "... and now a word from our sponsor..."
Arbiter
 GM, 323 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 20:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The holo-emitter in the center of the lounge table goes dead for a moment, followed by Strickland's shouted apology, but he has it working again in short order.
Garret Haskel
 player, 210 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 20:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret heard Agial'ili say something, and he managed to catch the word turret.

"You'll need to speak louder or come to the bottom of the ladder so I can hear you Agial'ili." he yelled down the shaft so his voice would reach her.
Agial'ili
 player, 91 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 20:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She walked to the entrance with the turret once there she looked up and yelled back at him:

"Let me have a look, to see what the possibilities are to improve the fire arc of your turret"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 71 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 20:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Garret Haskel
 player, 211 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 20:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I can do that part myself, thanks for the offer. I need someone who can put a program into the computer that will prevent the turret from firing if the shot would hit this ship."
Arbiter
 GM, 324 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 21:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Agial'ili
 player, 92 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 21:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I can program but before I alter any software locks preventing you from blowing parts of the ship I'd like to see for myself what the limits ought to be"

"You can double check my numbers if you like but I do not know you enough to trust your judgment yet"

Garret Haskel
 player, 212 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 21:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If you want you can help me, but I will be deciding the limits since it will be me who will be using it when someone decides we are better off dead."
Agial'ili
 player, 93 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 21:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If you disagree with my assessment you can take it up with the captain okay?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 213 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2010
at 22:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret slid down the ladder and landed lightly at the bottom.

"Go check the hyper drive. You know how to fix but not use a laser turret, thus you have no idea how your repairs or upgrades will affect it."

OOC: Let's have some fun with this.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:07, Thu 24 June 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 94 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 06:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"When you can repair a hyperdrive, the simple mechanics of a turret is not a daunting task and I have done so more then once at the yards I used to work. Repairing, improving, replacing." She said defiantly.

OOC: Okay but don't expect much of a quarrel. Agial'ili is not accustomed to arguing.
Garret Haskel
 player, 214 posts
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 10:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Did you test the repairs and upgrades to be certain they performed exactly as you intended them to, or did you simply do the repair job then move onto fixing something else?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 72 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 10:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks is listening to the loud conversation between Agail'ili and Haskel with some irritation.


"Will you keep it quiet out there!  I'm busy doin' stuff 'ere that requires some thought!"
Agial'ili
 player, 95 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 13:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"No I did not test them, I was not allowed the controls" She said softly.

"But nobody ever has complained about us doing a bad job either"
Garret Haskel
 player, 215 posts
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 14:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It's not the quality of your skills that concern me. The turn rate, the firing rate, the depression rate, the control calibrations; those are a few of the things that I am concerned with. This ship isn't made for fighting, so if we are to have the best chance at coming out on top in a fight this turret has to be set to the same limits as the turrets I was trained to operate."

He lowered his voice so as to not further disturb Timothy.
Agial'ili
 player, 96 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 16:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"And I am concerned that people shoot the tail out of our ship and that would be a very bad thing. The attacker might miss but at point blank range, the damage wouldbe devastating. Remember that you will not always be the person shooting it"

"So let me make the measurement, then you look them over and only after we concede over the matter I write the program. Deal?"

Garret Haskel
 player, 216 posts
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 16:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Very well. You have skill in computer programming?"
Agial'ili
 player, 97 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 16:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yes, and in a few other engineering fields as well. It is not my main field of expertise but I am quite competent at it"
Garret Haskel
 player, 217 posts
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 17:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Let's see what you can do then."

He stepped out of the way of the ladder. "After you."
Agial'ili
 player, 98 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 23:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She climbed up and into the turret and waited for Garret to enter as well. "Okay, tell me what you have in mind"
Garret Haskel
 player, 218 posts
Fri 25 Jun 2010
at 23:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret climbed up after her. "My biggest concern is accidentally shooting the engines, which rise pretty far up from the hull."
Harry Selous
 player, 47 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 07:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry sat in the cockpit watching the holo-net till it went out and sparks had to climb underneath and fix it.

He to heard the argument and spark's response and chuckled softly. "concentration? All I see is you fiddling with the pod race view. I'll bet you a weeks worth of whatever chores you need to do that the guy in last place now ends up winning."

Harry liked long shots. They were always far more impressive when they paid off then the sure bets, and he didn't have a problem with losing.
Agial'ili
 player, 99 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 10:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
They talked shop for awhile and took some measurements.

"Ok, as I see it, we have two things we need to adjust, one is the mechanical part where we will have to do work on the turret itself. I am not sure if we can do all of those while we are still in space though. After that I can override the current programming. Then we can make proper measurements with a low wattage laser to make sure that the bolts stay a few inches above the hull plating."

She started to remove different panels and took a look at the mechanisms.

"Please hand me a hydrospanner will you?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 73 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 12:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry Selous:
Harry sat in the cockpit watching the holo-net till it went out and sparks had to climb underneath and fix it.

He to heard the argument and spark's response and chuckled softly. "concentration? All I see is you fiddling with the pod race view. I'll bet you a weeks worth of whatever chores you need to do that the guy in last place now ends up winning."


Sparks crawls out from under the panel and grins at Selous "I'll take that bet!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 219 posts
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 12:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret takes a hydrospanner out of the tool box and hands it to Agial'ili.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 164 posts
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 18:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice goes to his quarters to continue work on the supplies list.

"CBee, continue catalog.  Uh, pause catalog.  Is there a securable weapons locker near the loading ramp?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 8 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 21:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Well, I wouldn't know about that, Captain," Chatterbox replies.  "There are a couple of equipment lockers on board, but nothing dedicated to weapon storage.  We're not a warship, after all, and Master Veran only carried the one blaster; for self-defense, of course.  The Crew Storage across from the First Mate's cabin that Mr. Bola is staying in has several lockers that were originally intended for personal effects of the crew.  Master Veran just used them for additional cargo storage since it was only the three of us unless he was hauling passengers."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:23, Sat 26 June 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 325 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 21:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:27, Sat 26 June 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 100 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 21:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
After a hour of so of checking things out Agial'ili shook her head in defeat, her tails whipping around as they spoke of impossibility of task. She spoke softly but decisively:

"Well, I now know what need to be done to enhance this turret but as I feared, we cannot do it right here and we need quite a few replacement parts. Even then, it would be a major refit. We can't do it now. I am sorry but for now we cannot do a thing."

With that she put the plating back. Her body stiff and prepared to receive whatever punishment was becoming. It was never good to tell bad news.
Garret Haskel
 player, 220 posts
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 21:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I knew from the beginning we would need more parts. Did you figure out which parts we will be needing to upgrade the turret?"

He noticed her stiffness, and wondered at it.

"Hey relax. You did well."
Arbiter
 GM, 326 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 21:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:04, Sat 26 June 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 101 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 21:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Noticing her own reaction she berated herself and tried to relax and sound sure of herself:

"Yes, I know what we need but it is probably easier to just replace the whole turret or add another."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:04, Sat 26 June 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 221 posts
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 22:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Even if we did put in a rear firing turret on the bottom hull of the ship it would not really solve our problem. A smart pilot would soon learn to stay above and behind the ship, remaining out of the firing range of the lower turret while having his squadron do attack runs from beneath and in front of the ship so that they would remain out of range of the upper turret."
Agial'ili
 player, 102 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 27 Jun 2010
at 08:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"As we have just one turret right now at the top side, that same smart pilot would try to get at us from underneath right now anyway. But, as we have no parts, or a dock with access to the parts we need, the question for now is moot. We will have to work with what we got and for now that means we can't do a thing."

With a last apologizing shrug she lowers herself back into the main hull and to other duties.
Arbiter
 GM, 328 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 19:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The next couple of days pass without incident--other than you all getting on each other's nerves since you're cooped up in a tin-can in space and the HoloNet is stuck showing reruns of "Everbody Loves Kurglach" interspersed with live feeds from the gladiatorial tournament on Nar Shadda (a horrendously bloody affair that only psychos like Selous and Haskel would find entertaining).

On the second day of hyperspace transit, Q7 reports that you're nearing the destination listed in the coordinates, the Virbu system, which is under the control of Berbog the Hutt (a fact gleaned by Chatterbox and Strickland snooping the HuttNet).

The only even remotely habitable planet in the tiny, three-planet system is called Xedfa, a blasted, hostile world of wind, sand, and rock.  Chatterbox says that the listing for Xedfa in the galactic atlas states that during the days of the Old Republic it was a relatively pleasant little planet, but that sometime shortly before the Great Hyperspace War it suffered an ecological collapse of unknown cause.

Now the only thing the planet is good for is serving as a spice mine for Berbog.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 15 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 19:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 brings the ship out of hyperspace close to the ring of asteroids that surround the outer perimeter of the system, slowing the ship to a stop and shutting down several active systems.

"Cap'n?" he comms, "Can you come up to the bridge for a minute?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 165 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 20:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Be right there," he says into the intercom, then to the entire ship, "We're on realspace approach.  Game faces on, people."

He makes his way up to the bridge.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 16 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 21:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 spins his dome to face Roice as he enters the bridge, "Cap'n," he says in his synthesized voice, piped in over the PA system, "I knew this wasn't no milk run..."

The little droid's holoemitter springs to life and a virtual representation of the Virbu system floats in midair between the two of you.  In the space around the orbit of the planet Xedfa, there are several red dots moving purposefully around in space.  It doesn't take a tactical genius to notice that they're flying in patrol patterns.

"I picked them up on the long range sensors right after we dropped out of hyperspace and I've been passively tracking 'em since I stopped the ship.  Patrol boats, probably a good dozen of 'em."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 166 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 21:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice opens the intercom and says, "Bola, get up here, Sparks too, everybody else at stations and standby while we figure out if these are good guys or bad guys."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 19 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 21:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola slouches into the cabin and flops comfortably into the passenger seat, smirking wryly at Roice.

"Whassamatta, Delfeen?" he asks, innocently.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 167 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 21:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You tell me," he says, pointing at the scanner field.  "Since you're the only one with the delivery details, maybe you can tell if these are friend or foe."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 74 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 21:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks jumps in the Comms chair and logs on with his password...

I'm spinning up 'The Last Resort' transponder code Cap'n.  I have the fake papers ready to transmit, and am standing by with the counter measures..
Garret Haskel
 player, 222 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 21:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret climbs up the ladder into the turret, but leaves it powered down. He puts on the headset so he can communicate with the bridge.

"Haskel reporting. In the turret and waiting for orders."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 20 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 22:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh, so now weesa gonna ask da Gungan all dese questions, yeah?" Bola sneers.  "It never occurin' to yoosa that mebbe I could be tellin' yoosa everything yoosa wantin' to know if yoosa just askin'?  I know everything 'bout this whole mission, Delfeen.  It's all here in my head," he points accordingly, "all it's takin' is yoosa sayin' 'da magic words..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 75 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 29 Jun 2010
at 10:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Tarsk Bola (msg #559):

Please can you tell us what we need to know.  Plus anything else that might be usefull to know about Berbog the Hutt?

]
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 21 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Tue 29 Jun 2010
at 13:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan shrugs, "Sure, since yoosa be askin' so nice..."

He sits up straighter in his seat, "Xedfa is a spice mine, yeah?  The Hutt, heesa bringin' 'da slaves and 'da indentures to this place and makin' them dig up the stuff.  His ships, 'dey comin' to get it, and take it to 'da factory where theysa makin' Neuron Pixie outta 'da spice.  Bad stuff, that Pixie," Bola says, shaking his head, "It gonna mess you up more than wrestlin' with a gundark.  But the idiots, theysa payin' through the snout for it and da Boss, he knows a deal when he sees it."

He points out the forward viewport, in the direction of the as-yet unseen world, "So yoosa job is sneakin' past the patrol ships and landin' onna 'da planet.  There's a group of miners, theysa gonna meet you and make sure 'da cargo is good, then yoosa makin' 'da trade: what yoosa got in 'da hold for crates of 'da raw Neuron Pixie.  Weesa get 'da stuff and head off to rendezvous with one of 'da Boss' ships to offload the stuff.  They be takin' it from there."

OOC: Not only are you being asked to run a Hutt blockade and possibly end up on the wrong side of a crime lord, but also to carry crates of Neuron Pixie, one of the most illegal narcotics in the galaxy!  Anyone caught trafficking it isn't going to get fined by Imperial customs agents, they'll be arrested and thrown in a hole so deep it'll make Borbilla look like an Alderaanian bed and breakfast.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 168 posts
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 04:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice thinks for a few moments, then toggles the intercom.

"Alright guys.  Not only are we being asked to run a Hutt blockade and possibly end up on the wrong side of a crime lord, but we're also being asked to carry crates of Pixie dust, which as you know, is one of the most illegal narcotics in the galaxy.  If we're caught trafficking it, we won't be get fined by the Imperials, we'll be arrested and thrown into a hole so deep it'll make Borbilla look like an Alderaanian bed and breakfast."

(OOC: Sorry.  8D)

"Sparks, keep the transponder quiet for now, but keep the jammers in standby.  CBox and Cue7, put us in elliptical orbit at our current distance, and start a log of this passive sensor scan.  Any one of those blips sneezes, I want to know."  He scratches his head.  "Actually, Sparks, pipe this feed to every free screen in the joint, and everyone start scrutinizing.  The more eyes on this the better."

He leans close to the scan.  "We're looking for a gap in their patrol queue.  Any information that might help us find a spot to slip through.  And probably the sooner the better."
Agial'ili
 player, 105 posts
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 06:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock

This message was deleted by the player at 10:29, Wed 30 June 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 106 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 06:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Hearing what the captain said made her gulp. She had no idea what the stuff was but it sounded bad, very bad. She wanted to have nothing to do with it but what could she do? They had all the blasters and they had her mother as hostage. She realized that she had no choice. For all practical purposes she was still as she had always been, a slave.

So she looked at the screens, finding them puzzling. This was not working for her.

"Chatterbox can you run some calculations and track those ships? Put them in a 3d matrix and show the vectors as well. We are looking for patterns here. Patterns are math, you excel at math."

With that she started to tackle problem as if it was just another math exercise and she had a computer to deal with the equation. A computer and the knowledge to create programs.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 76 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 09:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Tarsk Bola:
The Gungan shrugs, "Sure, since yoosa be askin' so nice..."

He sits up straighter in his seat, "Xedfa is a spice mine, yeah?  The Hutt, heesa bringin' 'da slaves and 'da indentures to this place and makin' them dig up the stuff.  His ships, 'dey comin' to get it, and take it to 'da factory where theysa makin' Neuron Pixie outta 'da spice.  Bad stuff, that Pixie," Bola says, shaking his head, "It gonna mess you up more than wrestlin' with a gundark.  But the idiots, theysa payin' through the snout for it and da Boss, he knows a deal when he sees it."

He points out the forward viewport, in the direction of the as-yet unseen world, "So yoosa job is sneakin' past the patrol ships and landin' onna 'da planet.  There's a group of miners, theysa gonna meet you and make sure 'da cargo is good, then yoosa makin' 'da trade: what yoosa got in 'da hold for crates of 'da raw Neuron Pixie.  Weesa get 'da stuff and head off to rendezvous with one of 'da Boss' ships to offload the stuff.  They be takin' it from there."


Sparks spins in his chair to round on Bola...
"So, If we're smuggling illegal class A off a secret mine run by the Hutts, we need to know as much information as possible.  Don't you be holdin' out on us Bola, or we'll all be dead!  This stuff that we're carryin, whats it worth?  How much Pivie Dust can we expect to get for it, in a fair deal?"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 22 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 13:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"'Dere ain't no fair deal, Strickland," Bola replies, watching the hologram closely.  "Yoosa gonna haggle with theysa and get as much as yoosa can.  This isn't the first time weesa dealt with these miners, theysa knowin' 'da score.  Most other guys, theysa not dealin' with 'da miners so good as da Boss.  And yoosa won't be picking up 'da dust, just raw spice.  On its own, it'sa bein' mostly worthless, toxic as hell to boot, yeah?  Yoosa gotta mix it just right to get 'da Pixie.  But, if 'da dealin' is goin' like before, yoosa probably gettin' a couple of crates of spice, 'bout as big as 'da boxes inna hold.  That much spice, it makes enough Pixie to keep da Boss' friends happy for a while."

The Gungan sneers at Strickland's attempt at frightening him with threats to his own personal safety, "And I'm not so worried 'bout myself.  I'm gonna be stayin' onna da ship.  Yoosa meat get yoosa asses shot off, I gettin' me a free ship and a one way ticket home..."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 9 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 13:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"A math problem!  What a fun little exercise!" Chatterbox replies to Agial'ili.  "Let me just run some calculations and see what I can figure out."

The view on the screen changes to a 3D representation of the area in question and motion lines begin plotting out behind the dots as CBox begins charting the patrol ship's movements mathematically.
Arbiter
 GM, 331 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 14:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Anyone who's interested in trying to figure out a hole in the patrol pattern make a Perception roll.  If you've got a skill you think might give you an edge (i.e. a bonus to your roll) in deciphering the pattern, pitch it to me and we'll see if I agree. ;)
Timothy Strickland
 player, 77 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 15:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #568):

Sparks will revert to type and monitor the passive scans,
16:06, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 14 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}5,2,5. Passive Sensor Scan.

and then monitor their ships communications.
16:10, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 12 (18 excluding the wild die) using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,2,4,{Wild}1,5,3. Comm's Snoop/Decipher.

They are probably patrolling seperate vectors each.  I'll be very surprised if they cross over and double back.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 169 posts
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 16:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
11:52, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 19 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,6,{Wild}5,3.
Garret Haskel
 player, 225 posts
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 17:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret sat in the turret, waiting for the order to power up and start shooting.
Agial'ili
 player, 107 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili was working with chatterbox, lettint the computer do the number crunching While she added detection ranges if the ship went in cold or when it went in hot. Expected intercept times and the like. It was indeed a puzzle and chatterbox an enthusiastic puzzler.
Arbiter
 GM, 332 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 5 Jul 2010
at 20:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: Your comm monitoring picks up mostly standard telemetry and the occasional bit of bored chatter between the patrol pilots.  It's pretty clear they're flying standard patrols and not expecting any trouble.

Agial'ili: Chatterbox finishes his analysis and comes back with the results.  "While I'd hardly consider myself an expert, I think I see a few places where we could slip through their net unnoticed."  Four green dots appear on the screen, marking the holes in the patrol patterns.

Roice: You see a good half-dozen locations that a careful or clever pilot could fly a ship the size of the Tracker through without being tagged.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:30, Sat 29 Jan 2011.

Agial'ili
 player, 108 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 5 Jul 2010
at 20:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Thank you chatterbox, could you display these results on the pilots screen?"

With that she walked to the cockpit and offered her calculated solution to the pilot.

"These are our best calculated solutions to slip through their patrol nets. Based on sensor ranges, patrol ship movements and interception times"


Timothy Strickland
 player, 78 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 5 Jul 2010
at 21:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bridge

Sparks reports his intel to Delfinn, probably confirming the Captains thoughts about 'blind spots'.
"We should go in slow and quiet.  We have some counter measures available Cap'n, but these are only to be used after we've been rumbled, and to facilitate a quick exit...  Stuff like Comm's and Sensor Jamming don't make us invisible, but we can't be analysed or ID'ed easily."

Sparks records the operating comms and scanner frequencies of these patrol boats in the Counter Measures sub-routine.
"CBox, how much range can you give me with full power comms and sensor jamming?"

Sparks pings the internal comm "Sparks to Agail'ili.  Do we have an auxillarily power buffer in engineering?  If so, can you charge it."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:38, Tue 06 July 2010.

Chatterbox
 NPC, 10 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 01:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Hey, awesome suggestion, Mr. Strickland!" Chatterbox says, "But if you're looking for milspec jamming gear, I'm sorry to say you'll be a little disappointed in our setup.  However, if you can keep the array targeted on one pursuer, we'll achieve a better result than if you have to set up an omnidirectional field."

OOC: Aggie's in the cockpit, talking to Q7 about her discovery.
Bola's in the cockpit
Roice is in the captain's quarters
Selous is still sleeping. ;)
Verik might as well be...
And Haskel's desperately hoping he gets to kill something soon.

Agial'ili
 player, 109 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 06:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bridge

Hitting the comm in return she said: "Yes I'll see what I can do, but lets not be hasty. Better to make sure that everybody is here and we discuss how we are going to do this."

OOC:
PS: You forgot Strickland, where is he?
PPS: Lets put in bold above our posts where we are in the ship, might be easier for all.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 79 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 15:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
Bridge

Hitting the comm in return she said: "Yes I'll see what I can do, but lets not be hasty. Better to make sure that everybody is here and we discuss how we are going to do this."

OOC:
PS: You forgot Strickland, where is he?
PPS: Lets put in bold above our posts where we are in the ship, might be easier for all.



Sparks hit the comlink "Cap'n to the Bridge, we have the vector approach patterns for yer sir."

turning to Agail'ili,
"We have everyone we need luv.  You, me, Cbox, Q7, and Delfinn, when he arrives.  Haskel won't be needed, coz we'll be clean through, the other are dead weight.
Once we've got the route sussed, can you take Q7 to engineering.  Make sure there's now spurious energy spikes or radiation leaks that could give us away.  Keep everything on green luv."

Roice Delfinn
 player, 170 posts
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 17:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Be right there."

Roice locks the door and heads up to the bridge.

"Anybody feeling lucky today?"

He drops into the pilot's chair and readies the controls, then calls up the sensor readout.  "Mister Strickland, pick us a hole."
Arbiter
 GM, 333 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 17:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Sorry for the confusion, but Chatterbox's reply was in response to Strickland, so I didn't see the need to tell him where he was. ;)

Also, the only access to the comm system in on the bridge, so, if you see him doing comm things (which is pretty much always), that's where he is. ;)

Let me know when you guys are ready to move and I'll tell you what needs a'rollin'...

Timothy Strickland
 player, 80 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 19:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Aye Aye Cap'n.  Sensor readings show that the patrols boats are running a standard zonal vector pattern, with the potential to overlap sensor nets.  Comms traffic indicates they are NOT in an alert status at all.  Based on telemetry, the Chick with the Spanners [winks at Agail'ili] has written a logarithm, predicting flight paths and potentila sensor nets.  CBox has prosessed this data, and there are at least half a dozen holes to squeze through.  They should be on your flight computer now.

[Smiles arrogantly, leans back in chair]

"Agail'ili may be should be able to control engine emissions, I'll run on passive - It'll be a midnight run for yer.."
Agial'ili
 player, 110 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 20:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili was smiling happily with all the praise and had to resist the urge to make a little celebration dance.

"We'll see what we can do about our emissions. O7 can you lend me a hand? We wouldn't want a leak now or all our effort is wasted"

She quickly retired to the engine room to check out the latest status of the engines and the emissions they projected.

"Perhaps we should make an outer hull inspection of our emissions Q7? Is your frame vacuum rated?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 171 posts
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 21:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice puts a hand up.  "Belay that, Aggie.  Maybe in the future if we ever need to go full silent, but this will work for now.  Excellent work everybody."

He targets on of the null sites and idles up the sublight engines.  "CB and Cue7, backtime a vector and speed that will put us right on the dot.  Passive sensors only, and all eyes on the display.  If any of those ships so much as sneezes, sound the klaxon and standby for orders."

He puts his hands on the control surfaces, and takes a deep breath.

"Sound off."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 81 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 22:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Q7-P10
 NPC, 17 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 22:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Which is is, Cap'n?" Q7 asks.  "You want me up here at the helm or down in the engine room?  Once the vectors're put into the computer even that big dummy can hit the target if we're going slow enough.  So, I might be better off down there with Legs, helping her watch for leaks.  Although," the little droid's synthesized voice sounds skeptical, "We're running on rear-facing ion thrusters and we leave an emissions trail in a pretty straight line, not a lot of leakage like a frigate or one of those big Corellian jobs.  The only way someone'd sniff out our trail is if they came in behind us and were looking for ion emissions.  Those short circuits out on the patrol ships are probably asleep at the wheel and just letting their auto-pilots fly 'em around."
Arbiter
 GM, 334 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 6 Jul 2010
at 22:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 172 posts
Wed 7 Jul 2010
at 23:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I want you here for now; I'd rather have you at the helm with me if things go south.

"Let's do it.  Everybody squared away?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 18 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 8 Jul 2010
at 02:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ready, Cap'n," Q7 replies.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 11 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 8 Jul 2010
at 02:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Good to go, Captain!" Chatterbox pipes up.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 23 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Thu 8 Jul 2010
at 02:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ready when yoosa bein'..." Bola says, mockingly, slouched in the passenger's seat.
Garret Haskel
 player, 226 posts
Thu 8 Jul 2010
at 02:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Haskel ready for action."

He reported over the radio, though he sounded thoroughly bored. The turret provided a nice view, but at the moment gave him nothing to do.
Agial'ili
 player, 111 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 8 Jul 2010
at 06:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ready in the engine room" Agiali'ili said as she took control of her shared domain. Keeping a good eye on the various dials that monitored the engine's functioning properly. If she had made a mistake in her calculations or if the old engine radiated more energy then they should or if the patrol boats suddenly chose another vector.

She stopped there, worried enough already, worrying more would not make her do her job any easier.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 173 posts
Fri 9 Jul 2010
at 03:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice throttles up and carefully watches the position indicator, matching up speed with the waypoint calculation that will put them right into the empty zone.

"Two in front of us and two behind us...  Everybody keep your eyes peeled."
Arbiter
 GM, 335 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 9 Jul 2010
at 21:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice: I need two piloting checks.  Roll well.

Agial'ili: Give me a Starship repair roll to cover your monitoring of the ship's emissions.

Strickland: Give me a Comm roll.

Haskel: Make a Starship Gunnery roll just to see if you flub it and bring a hornet's nest down on everyone's head. (not very likely, but I like a little chaos in tense situations)

Selous and Verik: You guys can continue napping... ;)
Agial'ili
 player, 112 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 9 Jul 2010
at 21:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She sat there like a spider in her web, looking after every engine component, making sure that the engines ran smoothly and without causing trouble, finetuning them where needed.

23:34, Today: Agial'ili rolled 15 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,3,5,1,{Wild}4,1. Starship Repair for monitoring.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 82 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 9 Jul 2010
at 22:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
This was gonna be a midnight run for Sparks.  He'd been here before, many times, got the t-shirt, the bazeball cap, and the service stripes...

23:40, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 30 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,{Wild}6(+1),3,6,6,5. Comm's.
Garret Haskel
 player, 227 posts
Sat 10 Jul 2010
at 00:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret relaxed in the chair, but scanned what space he could see with his eyes since he left the targeting computer shut down.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 174 posts
Sat 10 Jul 2010
at 01:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roll 1:
20:04, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 9 using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}2,4,2.2CP: ELEVEN PLUS...
20:05, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 2 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}2. 1CP: 9 plus...
20:05, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 14 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}6(+6+2).

25 total.

(Ok yes, a little overkill, but not my fault)

Roll 2:
20:06, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 12 using 3 dice and 1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}2,5,4.
20:07, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 4 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}4. 1CP: 12 plus...

16 total.
Arbiter
 GM, 336 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 10 Jul 2010
at 06:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Tense minutes slip by as Roice guides the Tracker between the patrolling ships.  Strickland and Agial'ili keep close watch on their respective systems, looking for any trace that their position might be given away.

But, finally, almost anticlimactically, the ship sails effortlessly through the hole in the observation net and Q7 takes over from Roice to guide the ship to a landing on the surface below.

The ride's a bit bumpy as you cross from space to atmosphere, but the astromech seems to have everything in hand.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 19 posts
 Beedle boop!
Sat 10 Jul 2010
at 06:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We should reach the landing coordinates in about 10 minutes," Q7 informs you all.
Arbiter
 GM, 338 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 13:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Which is my way of saying "prepare for final approach, and get your $#!% together because you're being given this time to plan how you're going to do the job..." ;)
Garret Haskel
 player, 230 posts
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 13:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret slid down the ladder, and went to retrieve his not-so-shiny new old blaster from his quarters then went to wait by the ramp. The weapon hung from a strap and sat just over his shoulder (just like the battle droid) so that it wouldn't get in his way.
Arbiter
 GM, 339 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 13:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Agial'ili
 player, 116 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 15:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili maintained in the engine room, her domain even when she shared it with the droid.

"So what is the plan captain?"

Timothy Strickland
 player, 85 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 17:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
OOC: Which is my way of saying "prepare for final approach, and get your $#!% together because you're being given this time to plan how you're going to do the job..." ;)


"Right Boss, shall we have a team meeting by the exit ramp?"
Sparks gets up and heads out that way.

Sparks takes a quick roll call in his head...  Me, Delfinn, Haskel, and Bola.  Agail'ili, Selous and Jared are missing.

"Cbox, please inform all crew to muster at the exit hatch, immediately..."

Sparks will wait a couple minutes for these guys to show up.  "Oh Frag! My tools!"  Sparks runs back onto the bridge.

Sparks returns to the exit ramp with his tool kit.

O.K guys, I've listened in on plenty of smuggling busts in my time to know the score 'ere.  Bola tells us that Splynn has done this gig before right?  Therefore we should act cool, expectant, almost blarsey.  NO NAMES! We call people by the job ONLY,
Bola is Boss, Delfinn is Flight, Agail'ili is Engines, I am Comms, Haskel is Gunner, Selous is SecOps1, and Verik is SecOps2.
You won't need these codenames coz you'll be keeping the chit-chat to a minimum
[pointed stare at Delfinn]  We don't get spooky, nervous, or touchy right. [pointed stare at Haskel & Selous]  We give these crates to the miners, they give us the same number and size crates of Pixie raw in return, we get off this rock.

[pointed stare at Bola] Now we are expecting you, the company man, to facilitate this meeting nice and smooth eh?
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 24 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 17:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan throws his head back and laughs, "I ain't doin' nuthin', Streeklan'," he says, grinning nastily.  "I'm here to make sure yoosa meat don't run out onna yoosa debt to da Boos.  Yoosa screw this'n up an' be survivin' to talk about it, well, that's that much longer yoosa have t'work for da Boss until yoosa free.  No skin offa his nose if yoosa fail.  He'll just be sendin' someone competent to pick up the spice next time..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 231 posts
Mon 12 Jul 2010
at 21:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Fine Bola stay here. I say we leave Agial'ili on board to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Shall we do this?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 177 posts
Tue 13 Jul 2010
at 03:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice punches the button to lower the loading ramp.

He motions to Strickland and says, "Sparks," then walks down toward the bottom of the ramp.  "Everybody else, sit tight for a second."
Garret Haskel
 player, 232 posts
Tue 13 Jul 2010
at 03:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Understood."

Garret stands just out of sight of anyone who would be looking up the ramp into the ship.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 87 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 13 Jul 2010
at 09:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice punches the button to lower the loading ramp.

He motions to Strickland and says, "Sparks," then walks down toward the bottom of the ramp.  "Everybody else, sit tight for a second."


Sparks follows on, tool roll in hand...

"Good move Flight, too many cooks an' that.."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 178 posts
Wed 14 Jul 2010
at 03:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM


He points up the ramp, back into the cargo bay.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 88 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 14 Jul 2010
at 13:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM

Sparks nods at Delfinn's comments, scratching his chin.

]

This message was last edited by the player at 13:07, Wed 14 July 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 179 posts
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 02:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Agial'ili
 player, 117 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 06:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Seeing that everybody was just very busy she returned to the engine room when a sudden piece of inspiration struck her. The gungun wasn't the only one capable of making sure that the ship couldn't move.

"Sorry Qusea, but I don't trust the nasty one one inch"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 89 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 09:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM




Sparks walks back up the ramp,

Lets load the speeder guys, 2 crates, back seats only...  Selous, your on shotgun.  Flight wants to take a 'sample' to the miners and we'll fly in after to seal the deal.  Everyone else back to yer stations.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:20, Thu 15 July 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 233 posts
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 09:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret went back to the turret, and just sat in the chair with the com headset on.

"Notify me if anything with guns notices us."
Arbiter
 GM, 340 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 12:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The plotting and scheming complete for now, Q7 brings the ship in for a landing on the blighted, barren surface.  The Tracker touches down with a slight bump and the engines cycle down, their noise replaced almost immediately by the howl of the wind outside.

Haskel: From your vantage point in the turret you get a good view of the surrounding area, and it's not a pretty sight.  The ground is bare bedrock with wisps of dust and sand blowing across it.  Towering mesas dot the landscape, but they do little to break up the colorless waste that is the outside terrain.  It's as if someone came along and stripped every last millimeter of living soil from the face of the planet, leaving not even enough behind for algae or lichens to cling to.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 90 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 12:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #617):

Sparks will help someone else (2 perosn lift) to load 2 crates (1 on each back seat I presume) before heading back to the bridge.

Sitting in his seat, Sparks puts on his headphones and starts monitoring ground comms.

"CBox, increase the noise and static filters!  I can't hear squat down hear mate!"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 12 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 12:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Rightey-o!" Chatterbox replies, compensating for the outside noise.  Once he's done compensating, the comm is basically dead, except for the occasional skirr of static.  "If you'd like," the droid brain offers, "I could increase the gain on our receiver, but that might make us noticeable to anyone doing an active scan of our area."
Agial'ili
 player, 118 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 12:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sitting on a crate with her shapely legs dangling in the air she just watches the proceedings. Having no idea what to do next.

"So what will happen now? Could you explain to us what you have planned?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 91 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 15 Jul 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Chatterbox (msg #619):

"Damn!"   
Spark jumps up and runs to the speeder, where he hopes to find Selous in the passenger seat [ooc - although he hasn't responded yet]

"Selous mate, open a channel on the speeder comms.  Give me a test message please."
Sparks runs back to the bridge

"O.K. CBox, show me on screen the bandwidth of the speeder comm unit."  Sparks checks the data.  "Give me the tightest, narrowest bandwidth carrier signal you can muster, on that frequency."

"Right, now based on current noise loss, estimate noise loss over 20 km, and adjust the gain to compensate...   Now that should do it."
Sparks assists were necessary,
19:18, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 21 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,2,4,1,6,{Wild}5. Comms.


Sparks call out to Delfinn, "You'll have to crank the comms on full to talk to us, but you'll light up on sensors like a Festive Tree when you do.  The wind affects the comms too much yer see!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 180 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2010
at 02:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice settles into the speeder, and toggles the comlink.  "Copy Last Resort, setting gain to full."  He pauses for a moment, then transmits some clearly misinformative banter.  "Wings One and Two stick to your sweep waypoints.  Wing Three, full scans, and watch for that Star Destroyer in case it doubles back.  We're good to go, Sparks."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 92 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 16 Jul 2010
at 17:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Roice Delfinn (msg #622):

Sparks shouts from the bridge "Keep your transmissions to a minimum!  And use short concise sentences!"
Agial'ili
 player, 119 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 16 Jul 2010
at 21:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Well, she had no need to make any transmission. Nor did she wanted to. However, there was little that she could do right now. Except for one thing. During the travel she had worked like a bee to learn about the ship, but she not yet been of the outside of it. There was plenty to check, on those sides. Perhaps she could learn more about that awful slave circuit. It had to go as soon as she was able and had the time to do so.

So picking up her bag of tricks she waited for the ramp to move down so that she could start her inspection of the hull and the systems there.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 181 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 03:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice smirks, and says, "Aye aye, Admiral!" into the com.

"Let's go," he says to Selous, and points out to the horizon.

(OOC: Harry's last login--June 30.  Not lookin' good.)
Harry Selous
 player, 48 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 15:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry finishes lashing the two crates to the back of the speeder and nods to Roice.  "Good to go," he says, securing himself in the passenger's seat and checking the load on his appropriated droid blaster.
Arbiter
 GM, 342 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 16:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: You head down the ramp while the others are still preparing the speeder for its trip.  As soon as you step out of the protection of the ship you're buffeted by the wind, which is blowing grit and sand around in a stinging  barrage.

You actually find the howling wind and barren landscape mildly comforting in an odd way, it reminds you a lot of your childhood on Ryloth before you were sold into slavery.

One thing that's different, however, is the smell.  The air smells... "dead" is the best way to describe it, as if it's devoid of any live-giving processes.  Judging from what the place looked like from orbit it's not much of a stretch to imagine that every living thing on the planet died off a long time ago and any oxygen left is merely residual, unreacted gas left in the atmosphere from a time when plants would have been pumping it into the air as a byproduct of photosynthesis.
Garret Haskel
 player, 234 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 16:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret remained in the turret, visually scanning the ground and skies for signs of movement.
Agial'ili
 player, 120 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 20 Jul 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
There are so many systems that she needs to check. But even if the wind feels natural, she realizes that exposing the circuitry to the gritty stuff would not be a good idea. Better to wait until the wind dies and restrict herself to a visual inspection only.

Still it is good to be outside again and she can't help to hum a little song while she works.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 182 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 02:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
(OOC: Oh, I'm driving?  =D  Okay!)

Roice slowly powers up the repulsors and eases her forward.  He gives Selous the coordinates to enter into the speeder's wayfinder.
Arbiter
 GM, 345 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 05:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As Agial'ili begins her visual inspection of the hull, Roice and Selous move out in the speeder.  Q7 detaches from his post on the bridge, leaving Strickland and Bola behind, to join the Twi'lek tech in her work.

Agial'ili: The hull itself appears fine on the underside.  There are a couple of superficial carbon burns where a lucky blaster shot from one of the droids managed to sneak past the shields during the "daring escape" from the impound yard.

Given the trouble the trouble the ship had with its portside main engine during that fiasco this would be the prefect time to give it an external examination just to be sure there aren't any lingering problems with the drive.

Roice: You and Selous fly out across the blighted landscape, passing from relatively open terrain to a narrower area where the giant mesas begin closing in around you.  It's all relative, of course--you still have ample room to drive--but your path isn't as free as it was a few minutes before.
Agial'ili
 player, 121 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 06:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She walked in again activated the intercom: "I will be checking the drives while I have the chance. Don't panic and shoot when you see me please Mr Haskel. Also please do not touch the engine controls or you could end up frying me. Q7 can you assist me?"


Timothy Strickland
 player, 94 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 07:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
She walked in again activated the intercom: "I will be checking the drives while I have the chance. Don't panic and shoot when you see me please Mr Haskel. Also please do not touch the engine controls or you could end up frying me. Q7 can you assist me?"


 Roger that Engines...
Garret Haskel
 player, 235 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 12:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"The turret doesn't point aft yet, and I am leaving it powered down so we can't be easily detected on sensors. If you need an extra set of hands for anything let me know."
Agial'ili
 player, 122 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 13:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I wouldn't mind some help. Some of those panelings are heavy so if you would like to help me, please mr Haskel"

She was glad with the offer, it would make her work so much easier.
Garret Haskel
 player, 236 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 13:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret slid down the ladder then exited the ship through one of the top side hatches. He walked to the engines.

"Let me know what to do."
Agial'ili
 player, 123 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 14:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I need your help with lifting these panels. So I can inspect the engines for damages. Keep them aimed against the wind though or grit will find it's way in"

Agial'ili pointed at the panels she needed removed for her to access the engines properly.

"I am worried about damage they could have sustained when we failed the first hyperdrive jump"
Garret Haskel
 player, 237 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 15:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret opened up a panel then turned around and braced it against his back to hold it against the wind.

OOC: I am assuming the winds are strong and that the panels are not small. If I am right, Garret will be able only to hold open a single panel at a time.
Arbiter
 GM, 346 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 15:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: The wind's pretty strong, yes, and Q7 doesn't have the mass or traction to be much help holding them up.  But Aggie can get the access she needs with you holding individual panels, it'll just be a tighter fit.
Garret Haskel
 player, 238 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: she's a skinny twi'lek; I'm sure she can manage the tight space.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:26, Wed 21 July 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 124 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 18:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Indeed, when Garret lifted the panel she had no problem crawling under the paneling. Oblivious to the dangers she started to check the engines for any sign of damages.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 183 posts
Thu 22 Jul 2010
at 03:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice slows to a conservative cruising speed, keeping a watch for any hazards in the path or trouble on the horizon.
Arbiter
 GM, 348 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 23 Jul 2010
at 18:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: The wind continues to howl and spit grit in your faces as Aggie squirms into the hole provided by the open maintenance hatch.  The engine looks all right, a few superficial nicks from chewed up droid bits rattling around, but otherwise all right.

Speeder: Grit and gravel ping off the windscreen as the wind picks up, making irritating rattling noises as they bounce off.  What sounds like a couple of larger pebbles hitting the screen turns out to be something else entirely as a particularly loud "KRAK!" follows the appearance of a hole through the screen.

There are several more loud reports and the sudden sound of whining engines assaulting your ears as a group of men on swoops rush in from all sides and move to surround the speeder.

You can see the whooping, hollering group of men are all dirty and shabbily-dressed.  You can also see that more than one of them are carrying what appear to be handmade slugthrowers--a suspicion confirmed by one of them putting another hole in the speeder's windscreen.
Agial'ili
 player, 125 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 00:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
While she was busy removing droid bits from the engine properly. She freezes and crawls back from under the panel. She looks to Garret in alarm.

"There are people inside the ship. I don't think they belong in there", she whispers to the man.
Garret Haskel
 player, 239 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 00:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Bola is on the ship, hopefully he will put those heavy blasters of his to use shooting at them instead of me. Crawl out from under there so I can close this up."
Agial'ili
 player, 126 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 12:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She did as he requested, quickly making sure that the panels were close properly. She grabbed her bag of tools and removed from it an arm long metal hydrospanner. Looking questioningly towards Garret "Just in case, you good with hitting things? This should make an excellent club"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:19, Sat 24 July 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 240 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 13:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret pulled the archaic blaster from the shoulder holster he had fashioned for it and handed it to Agial'ili before accepting the large tool.

"You know how to shoot one of these right?"
Agial'ili
 player, 127 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 14:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She suddenly eyed the blaster with another look. Never before had somebody given her a blaster with the intention that she would use it. Blasters were not for the likes of her. Sure she had done arcade practicing playing with 'blasters' and she had learned how to fieldstrip one in the field. Gut shooting at somebody? She looked at the thing with barely contained fright.

"I, I guess so", she said with some hesitation.
Garret Haskel
 player, 241 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 14:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Don't take it unless you know you can use it effectively. If you cannot use a weapon effectively in a fight, then having that weapon has no meaning or purpose."

Garret held the blaster out.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 184 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 16:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Without slowing or otherwise making any threatening maneuvers, Roice tries to get a good look at a swoop: are they equally shabby, held together with twine and hope, or well-cared for and maintained?
Agial'ili
 player, 128 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 17:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I, I never fired one against a living target. But I have practiced" She gripped the blaster and tried to look competent.

"Lets see what is going on"
Arbiter
 GM, 350 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 17:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: Your preparations to commence locking and loading are cut short as a large, dark creature slams into Haskel from behind and sends him sprawling to the deck, gun skidding to a stop at Agial'ili's feet.  Q7 utters a startled blat of Binary.

Chittering snarls fill the air as you see more creatures moving towards you from all across the upper hull, surrounding you in a circle.  They look like a horrid cross between a giant rodent and a gila monster, viscous yellow drool dripping from their fang-filled muzzles.

The one that bowled over Haskel quickly regains its feet and joins the circle of 5 (so, 6 total) predators as they continue to close the ring around the three of you.

Speeder: The four swoops are dirty and battered, but in reasonable repair.  There's no way, you quickly recognize, that you could outrace them in a fully-loaded speeder.

Selous sets the blaster in his lap but keeps it out of view of the bandits for now.  "If these are the guys we're supposed to meet, they have an odd way of starting negotiations," he shouts over the wind and noise.

"PULL IT OVER!" bellows one of the swoop riders, firing another shot over your heads and glaring menacingly at you.
Agial'ili
 player, 131 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 18:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
It was wonders what being faced with a pack of hunting predators and the sight of a blaster in front of your face does to any nervousness one could have about shooting living creatures.

She grabbed the blaster and pointed it towards a predator that was conveniently in front of the barrel.

VEEEPOOWWW!!!
Garret Haskel
 player, 243 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 19:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret regained his feet, and moved to stand behind Agial'ili so that they were back to back. He readied his tool-weapon to strike at the first thing that attacked.

OOC: Let me know if I should roll now or when something attacks.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 185 posts
Mon 26 Jul 2010
at 02:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice reaches forward and adjusts a few controls, nonchalantly turning on the com to continuous broadcast as he pulls the throttle down to idle.

As the speeder slows to a stop, he says loudly to the swoop pilot that shouted, "I'm sorry officer, was I speeding?"
Arbiter
 GM, 355 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Jul 2010
at 04:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: Agial'ili's shot scores the hull right at the feet of one of the oncoming predators, who hops back, but doesn't flee.  None of the animals seem phased by the blaster report, a sure sign that they're either used to being shot at or too hungry to care.

Q7 joins Haskel and Aggie, his welding arm spitting arcs of electricity as he prepares to fight alongside you.

Initiative order
Agial'ili
Haskel
ROUSes (6)
Q7

OOC: If you want to divide them up, 1-3 are in the arc facing Haskel and 4-6 are in the arc facing Aggie.

Speeder: The swoops slow down around you and three of the men get down, the fourth staying mounted.

The apparent leader, the one who ordered you to stop, mutters, "Get the stuff," to the other two men, who immediately scramble to the back of the speeder and start working on unlashing the crates.  He keeps his slugthrower trained on you both and says, either missing or refusing to rise to Roice's quip, "You two just sit still and keep your hands where I can see them," (he still hasn't spotted the blaster in Selous' lap), "Maybe this'll teach you smugglers to quit sneakin' down here to take our Spice and cut into the Hutt's bottom line."
Agial'ili
 player, 135 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 26 Jul 2010
at 06:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The deafening report of the blaster nearly stunned her but to her dismay the beasts were to agile to get hit properly. Scrambling to her feet she shot again sending another bolt of energy towards the menacing beasts.
Garret Haskel
 player, 245 posts
Mon 26 Jul 2010
at 12:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Droid, send a message to Strickland that we have some unwanted company up here, and guard Agial's back."

Garret charges the center of the animals directly opposite him, and swung the tool at the one in the middle.

OOC:
Target: animal 2
You rolled 5 (12 excluding the wild die) using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system ((6,2,3,{Wild}1)).
This is gonna hurt.

Agial'ili
 player, 136 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 26 Jul 2010
at 15:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Just incase I hit: 17:17, Today: Agial'ili rolled 16 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,1,{Wild}5,4,4. dam
Roice Delfinn
 player, 186 posts
Tue 27 Jul 2010
at 00:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice laughs out loud.  "The Hutt?  Ha!  You don't know who you're robbing, do you."  He shrugs.  "Go ahead, take it.  See if The Hutt notices it missing from his manifests.  It'll be easy enough for Berbog to trace it back to a quartet of greedy roughnecks doing too much thinking."  He gives Selous a knowing look.

"Anyway, there's more where this came from, right?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:01, Tue 27 July 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 357 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 27 Jul 2010
at 01:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: The predators scatter as Haskel charges, but only move back far enough to avoid his swinging (all dodge).  The three facing Aggie and Q7 lunge, one taking the twi'lek's blaster bolt in the leg and uttering a pained yelp.  The other two attempt to bite and claw at Q7, but the little droid hovers out of the way of their attack, unfortunately taking him up too high to retaliate.

The astromech chatters in Binary, followed shortly by a crackle of static and Strickland's voice, "What's going on?  Cbox says yer inna mess up there?"

New initiative
Haskel
Q7, Aggie (simultaneous)
Predators (6)

The one Aggie shot is limping on an injured foot, but still in the fight.

Speeder: The miners working at the packing straps hesitate, looking uncertainly at their leader, but he just sneers at Roice and pulls a knife out of his pocket, moving around to the crate behind Selous, "Right, like that fat slug cares enough about us to send us this," he slashes the strap and sends the crate crashing to the ground in one movement, causing it to break open and spill out a jumble of... shoes?

Yes, the crate is filled with shoes, slippers, and boots of various sizes.

"They look so comfortable!" the thug on the swoop mutters, staring greedily at the footwear (its at this point that you notice that the men are all wearing tattered, ill-fitting remnants of footwear, or even just rags wrapped around their feet.

OOC: All four men are momentarily distracted by the reveal of the crate's contents.

Garret Haskel
 player, 246 posts
Tue 27 Jul 2010
at 01:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret tuned towards the left-most animal and continued swung the tool at it.

"Some of the local predators have paid us a visit."

OOC:
21:53, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 19 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}6(+2),2,4,4. damage.
21:53, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 11 using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}5. melee strike.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:30, Tue 27 July 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 137 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 27 Jul 2010
at 06:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We got hostile vermin here!" She shouts when she fires again at the limping one. Hoping that by killing it, its mates will give up for an easy meal.

OOC:
08:04, Today: Agial'ili rolled 17 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,{Wild}6(+2),1,4. firing.08:04
Today: Agial'ili rolled 17 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,1,6,2,{Wild}3. damage. 

Arbiter
 GM, 358 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Jul 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: Strickland's reply from the bridge is cut off as the sounds of a scuffle emanate from Q7's speaker.

"Hey!  This is not the time or place, guys!" Chatterbox can be heard interjecting.

But that's not your problem right now...

Haskel's swing lands this time, and he sends one of the creatures flying.  It lands on the hull and scrabbles weakly on the slope, but can't get a grip.  It slides off to the ground below, out of the fight.

The predator Aggie shoots at tries to get out of the way, but can't dodge in time.  It yelps and slumps to the hull, unmoving.

The others aren't deterred, though, and lunge at the human and the Twi'lek (Q7 is still out of reach).

The two facing Haskel leap at him, one biting his leg, the other slashing at his outstretched (weapon-carrying) arm with its sharp claws.

The two facing Aggie lunge.  The first misses, leaping past and behind her while the other swipes clumsily at her with its claws.

Q7 swoops down to jolt the ROUS that missed Aggie, but his aim is off and the shock probe doesn't hit.

OOC: Haskel and Aggie, roll Strength to resist damage.

Speeder: I'll give you until tomorrow, then move along.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 187 posts
Wed 28 Jul 2010
at 17:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice rolls his eyes and give an exasperated look at Selous, as if to say, do it.
Harry Selous
 player, 49 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 28 Jul 2010
at 17:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
GM Post:

The speed the big man moves almost defies reality as he leaps out of the speeder and brings the barrel of his blaster level with the bandit leader's temple.

"I can't believe I'm saying this," he grunts, "But you need to step away from the shoes.  Please."
Arbiter
 GM, 359 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Jul 2010
at 17:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: I'll wait for Haskel and Aggie's rolls, then move everyone along.
Agial'ili
 player, 138 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 28 Jul 2010
at 18:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili tries to jump way from the nasty predators as she feels them bite her. Then she just screams in pain as the creatures tear into her flesh.

OOC:
Trying to first dodge from them if you don't mind. Not that she managed to do that properly.

20:01, Today: Agial'ili rolled 8 using 2 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,{Wild}4. resist damage.

20:03, Today: Agial'ili rolled 9 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}2,1,3,2. Dodge


Roice Delfinn
 player, 188 posts
Wed 28 Jul 2010
at 22:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice sits up in the seat, but doesn't get out of the speeder.

"You better listen to him, he's been itching to test out that blaster on something able to scream.  And drop the slugthrower."

He taps his fingers on the dash, waiting for them to comply.
Harry Selous
 player, 50 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 07:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry smiles at Roice's comment.

"I really, really have. You know what I'd really like, for you to not step away from the shoes. That way I'll have an excuse to put a hole through your boss's head and then beat the rest of you to death with my bare hands."

There isn't a hint of sarcasm or misdirection in Harry's voice.
Arbiter
 GM, 361 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 12:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: The two ROUSes attacking Haskel rip into him, slashing bloody gouges into his leg and forearm (but you retain your grip on your weapon).  The ROUS that swiped at Aggie swats her thigh hard enough to send her stumbling and rips off a patch of her coverall, but the scratches are superficial thanks to the clothing's padding (gonna be a heck of a bruise from the feeling of it, though).

The four predators regroup and face the three of you as a cohesive team, snarling and stalking their now-injured prey.  Q7 hovers protectively in front of both you, skirring and spitting angrily in Binary.

From behind, you hear the unmistakable sound of Strickland's voice, "Oy!" he says, "What's goin' on up here?"

Initiative
Q7
Aggie
ROUSes (4)
Haskel

OOC: Agial'ili: Your damage status is now Stunned, you have a -1D penalty to all rolls this round.

Haskel: Thanks to your double-mauling, you're Wounded and suffer that -1D until you can get some healing.


Speeder: The four men freeze, the leader dropping his knife and putting his hands up.  The moment teeters on a knife's edge.  Three of the men are out of anyone's reach and still armed with slugthrowers, but Selous has the bandit leader dead to rights and simply can't miss at this range.

OOC: Both of you make an appropriate Perception skill check (Con, Command, etc.) to see how your statements were handled by your new friends.  Let me know what skill (or just basic stat) you're rolling against.
Agial'ili
 player, 139 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 13:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun tracker

Desperately Agial'ili fires the blaster again, screaming in pain and fear before murmuring prayers to the God of winds that he may make her spirit soar to the sky when the predators eat her alive.

15:01, Today: Agial'ili rolled 17 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}4,1,5,2,5. dam. 15:01, Today: Agial'ili rolled 11 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,{Wild}4,3. Veepow.
Harry Selous
 player, 52 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 03:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
22:47, Today: Harry Selous rolled 11 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,{Wild}2,5.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 189 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 04:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn rolled 16 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,{Wild}5,2,5. Persuasion-ing at the thugs.

Roice shrugs.  "We really don't want to kill anybody...  Maybe, seeing how we have something that you may want..."  He shrugs again.  "Maybe you've got something I might want.  Who knows?  Maybe instead of acting like savages," he spits, "we can strike some sort of a peaceful deal like civilized businessmen."

He leans over and looks at the pile of spilled boots, then says smoothly, "After all, that certainly is a lot of footwear.  I'm sure we might be able to spare three or four pairs for the right price, what do you think Harry?"
Arbiter
 GM, 363 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 16:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Sun Tracker: I forgot to say that Strickland's voice was coming from the direction of the now-open top hatch.  My bad for trying to keep track of all this when I'm half-asleep.

Aggie, you can redo your post to take this info into account if you want.

Garret Haskel
 player, 249 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret fell back to Agial'ili and prepared to defend himself against the next attack.

Agial'ili
 player, 140 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 18:21
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: can I scramble through the open hatch fast enough then?
Arbiter
 GM, 364 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 18:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Fast enough, yes.  Scrambling?  Well, that depends...
Since it's not that far to the hatch, you can move at "cautious" speed, (5 meters/round), which is a free action and will allow you to do something else.  Like, say, take "Full Reaction Dodge" as your only action this round.  Basically, you'll be trying to avoid all attacks while backing for the hatch.

Agial'ili
 player, 141 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 19:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Okay, redo my action then.

Agial'il shouted: "Garret, we got to get out of here" while she moved back towards the access hatch, using the hated dancing skills to good effect trying to confuse the predators long enough to get to safety.

OOC: Okay, move to hatch and use tat full reactionary Dodge you were talking about.
Arbiter
 GM, 368 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 19:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Go ahead and roll your Dodge, please.
Agial'ili
 player, 142 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 20:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC 22:11, Today: Agial'ili rolled 22 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}6(+5),1,4. full reactive dodge at -1D for stun.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 96 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 1 Aug 2010
at 22:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks has been taking in the patinae this round, and quickly adapts to the situation.

Shouting to Agail'ili, Give me the blaster and get below!
Arbiter
 GM, 369 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 2 Aug 2010
at 18:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: Agial'ili manages to avoid any further attack and scramble back to the hatch.  Haskel, standing his ground, fends off one of the predators while avoiding two of the others.  The fourth, however, latches onto his thigh and bites.  Hard. (<-- you will want to make a really good strength roll to resist this)

It's attack is brief, however, as Q7 electrocutes the creature with his shock prod, sending it writhing and shrieking off the hull as the voltage cooks the animal.

The sudden sound of the ships engines trying to spin up momentarily distracts all of you from the screams of the dying predator.

Initiative
Haskel (pending his resist roll)
Strickland
ROUSes (3)
Aggie
Q7

Speeder: You are both very convincing individuals (the blaster helps).  The bandit leader keeps his hands up and nods to the two men standing at the rear, "Drop th' guns, boys.  There's no easy meal here, and I don't want to see anyone get hurt." He turns to look at Roice as he continues, "I'm sorry for this, really.  We're just desperate, y'know?  The Hutt, he gives us barely enough to survive, and I just thought maybe we were due a cut of the stuff you smugglers bring for the others.  But it ain't worth it, not if it means my boys gettin' hurt.  We'll just go and--HURK!"

The leader's words are cut off in a surprised gasp as a whipcrack of gunfire sounds, followed by a bloody hole appearing in the center of his forehead.  He falls to the ground, lifeless as the bandit still astride his swoop aims the smoking barrel of his slugthrower at Selous and says, "We're takin' the stuff.  Now drop your blaster or you're next."
Harry Selous
 player, 53 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 2 Aug 2010
at 18:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
After the initial surprise, Harry smiles.

"Very nice. I like the cut throat attitude you got there. Now, I was just wonderin,why settle for just shoes and whatever comes in the Hutt's next shipment?"

He turned his blaster on Roice. At the moment, Harry and Roice no longer had the drop on these thugs. If Harry could get himself in to their group, then he'd have a chance to give their new leader a hole in his head to match the other dead guy.

"See, we've got a ship. You could always take that and become real thieves. You gotta think bigger then shoes with a ship though." His eyes staid on the bandit, but his gun stayed on Roice, "Now, this ship needs this man's voice print to fly, but I'm sure that can be fixed at any decent port. We just need to keep him alive till then."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 190 posts
Tue 3 Aug 2010
at 04:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice stares at Selous, expression unreadable, then his face flashes fear.

"You traitorous slease."  He reaches his hands up slowly and places them where they all can see, on the dashboard of the idling speeder.  (Near the control sticks.)

"D-don't hurt me, Harry... I'll do anything you say... Just tell me what you want, anything, just say it, I'll do it..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 98 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 3 Aug 2010
at 10:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock


Give me the blaster, now! And get to the engine room, Bola is trying to abort the mission!

Sparks will defer his action, to relieve Agail'ili of the blaster as she climbs down the hatch.  Sparks will stay in the hatchway.  More than enough room for Agail'ili to squeeze through.
Arbiter
 GM, 370 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 3 Aug 2010
at 13:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Haskel: Not good, my friend.  The ROUS tears into your thigh before being forcibly dislodged by Q7.  You're now Wounded Twice (-2D to all rolls until healed), dragged to the deck (knocked prone) and lose your action this round.

Proceed with the round, Sun Tracker folks, Haskel has to sit this one out.

Speeder: I'm gonna need some Con rolls for this little "turncoat scenario" routine, fellas.  Unless, of course, you're not pulling a fast one, Selous... >;)

Harry Selous
 player, 54 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 3 Aug 2010
at 14:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
09:44, Today: Harry Selous rolled 12 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}2,6,4
Agial'ili
 player, 146 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 3 Aug 2010
at 16:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"But Garret is hurt!", she says seriously distressed by this fact. But obediently she hands him, the blaster.


"Careful, it is starting to heat up". Then she wiggles down the access hatch inside the bowels of the hip.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 191 posts
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 02:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 12 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,1,3,{Wild}5. Bluffing the thugs.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 100 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 08:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
"But Garret is hurt!", she says seriously distressed by this fact. But obediently she hands him, the blaster.

"Careful, it is starting to heat up". Then she wiggles down the access hatch inside the bowels of the hip.


As stated, Sparks will take the blaster from Agail'ili, allowing her eggress throught he hatch, and shoot at the nearest creature [double action -1D].

09:20, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 4 using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}3. Blaster.
09:19, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 (15 excluding the wild die) using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,3,4,{Wild}1,4. Damage.

Arbiter
 GM, 371 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 22:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: Strickland's shot misses the leaping ROUSes, but scatters them, preventing any further attacks.  Aggie makes it inside the ship and is now in the starboard cargo bay.  Q7 hovers protectively over the prone Haskel, who is lying on the deck, clutching his ripped-open thigh.

OOC: Technically it shouldn't happen in this order, but, meh...

Initiative
Strickland
Aggie
Q7
Haskel (getting up is an action)
ROUSes (3)

Speeder: The gunner's eyes light up at the mention of a ship.  "Yeah, I think that sounds like a good plan," he mutters.  "You two," he waves the slugthrower barrel at the other bandits, "Pick up that crap and get on your swoops, you're gonna help."

"No way!" one of the men declares.  "Yeah!  Forget this!" exclaims the other.  The men run for their swoops and the gunner starts shooting wildly after them.

One of them men drops immediately, but the other keeps running.  "Get back here, you $^%#ing coward!" the gunner shouts, manically, still shooting.
Harry Selous
 player, 55 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 22:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry uses the distraction of the fleeing bandits to swing his blaster to point at the new leader and fire. This amateurs had no idea how to go about real thieving.

to hit - 17:41, Today: Harry Selous rolled 19 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,4,2,5,2,{Wild}2.

damage - 17:41, Today: Harry Selous rolled 20 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,3,5,3,{Wild}3.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:42, Wed 04 Aug 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 147 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 23:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agia ran straight towards the storage where she had seen the medipacks. Opening the closet she picked up the pack and moved back to the hatch so she could start healing Garret.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 192 posts
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 23:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice casually throttles up the speeder and drives it over in front of the parked swoops.
Garret Haskel
 player, 252 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 00:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret got his feet under himself, but didn't stand. He was careful to keep his weight off the injured leg as he slowly backed towards the open hatch.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 101 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 00:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock


"Bola is trying to take off, so if you don't have magnetising plates get below now!  Move yer ass Haskel!"

Sparks shoots again at the creatures..."Frag!"

01:00, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 2 (6 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,{Wild}1,2. Blaster.
00:59, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 21 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}6(+3),3,2,2,5. Damage.

Arbiter
 GM, 372 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 04:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sun Tracker: Haskel crawls back to the hatch, where Strickland has positioned himself to prevent anyone coming up or going down without his permission.  He misses with his shot, but the remaining predators seem to be done.  They back off cautiously until they reach the body of the ROUS that Aggie shot.  The three animals grab their fallen packmate in their jaws and start yanking and pulling at it, tearing it to pieces and dragging the carcass off.

The engines falter and die, then start to spin up again.

Speeder: Selous takes advantage of the gunner's manic distraction to drop the man with a single expertly-fired shot.  The remaining bandit jumps on his swoop and races off as fast as his vehicle will take him.

Roice pulls the speeder around next to the three now-ownerless swoops.
Harry Selous
 player, 56 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 04:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry picks up one of the slug throwers, pockets it, and then makes his way over to the swoops.

"Well," he says with a grin "One of these is mine. Think we could get those other two back to the ship without driving them? Maybe rope em behind the speeder and turn em on and just pull em?"
Agial'ili
 player, 148 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 07:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili grinned as the engines went dead. Good thing that she had put in her own 'off switch'. Problem was how to deal with that when the gungan was going to use force.

"Get down, so I can start patching mr Garret up."
Garret Haskel
 player, 253 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 13:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret climbed down to the deck, then sat against the side of the corridor to avoid aggravating his injuries more than he already had. When they reached a civilized planet he was going to sell that antique blaster and get some decent armor.
Agial'ili
 player, 149 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 14:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Sit down so I can get this thing to work on you"

Alial'ili kneeled beside the man and started to work on his injuries.

"About us taking off, that is impossible as the engines are down for the repair Iwas doing. Hate to be the one who has to tell him though"
Garret Haskel
 player, 254 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 14:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
I'm sure he is about to figure that out, if he doesn't know already. Don't give him the chance to pull out his blasters, no matter what."
Arbiter
 GM, 373 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili makes a slightly fumbled attempt at patching up the more serious of Haskel's injuries.  Fixing people isn't as easy as fixing ships...

But, at least most of the bleeding has stopped.

OOC: Haskel, you're back up to Wounded Once, -1D to all rolls until you have time for R&R and/or someone else gives you some first aid.


The empty cargo bay reverberates with the cycling engine.  Bola obviously hasn't given up trying to get the ship moving yet.  Q7 floats down from the open hatch, squeezing past Strickland.  He blips and floats off towards the bridge.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 102 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 17:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock

Sparks will secure the hatch, and remove his harness without comment, then heads for the (locked) bridge.

CBox, please inform the First Mate that the crew is secure and the situation is normal.
Agial'ili
 player, 150 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 18:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Okay, you are good as new. Well sorta. Thank you for rescuing me up there", with that Agial'ili gives Garret a kiss on the cheek.

Then she looked around for Q7: "What sort of fire suppression do we have for the bridge area?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 255 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 18:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Your welcome Agial. Be careful when confronting the gungan. He knows how to shoot."

Garret leans back against the wall and rests; worn out by the fight and the injuries he sustained.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 193 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 23:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods.  "Take that one, but if we get into trouble, I don't want the bother of us towing the other two.  It's probably a better idea," he says, tilting his head forward and putting his mouth in front of the open microphone, "TO HAVE THE SHIP COME AND GET THEM...  MAYBE.  HELLO?"

He picks up the handheld and says, "I hope our little encounter made for some good drama.  Good thing there weren't more of them.  Hello?  Copy, Last Resort?"
Arbiter
 GM, 374 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 00:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Speeder: Chatterbox's voice crackles through the comm, "Hey, Captain!  Great to hear your voice, I have to say!  Would it be too much trouble for me to ask that you maybe have a chat with Mr. Bola and explain to him that--"

Bola's voice cuts across the circuit, "Delfeen, you tell that damn meekanik floaty ball to go be fixin' whatever theysa be breakin' inna da engines!" the Gungan practically bellows, obviously not in the best of moods.

Chatterbox interrupts, "I already explained to Mr. Bola that Q7 says several ignition relays have been physically removed and--"

The sound of blaster fire and Chatterbox's startled cry immediately precede the channel going dead.

Sun Tracker: "As much as I would love to convey your message, Mr. Strickland," Chatterbox replies, "Mr. Bola isn't exactly in the mood to listen.  In fact--" the droid's voice cuts out and you can hear Bola's muffled shouting behind the door, followed by Chatterbox saying "Honestly, I don't know what you think you're going to do with that blaster--SKKZT!"

The unmistakable sound of a blaster bolt fired from behind the door is followed by the ship's speakers going dead.

Less than a second later, the bridge hatch opens and a very irate Gungan stands framed in the doorway.  "Streeklan'," he mutters, darkly, glaring at the tech.  "Go tell the blue bitch an' that floaty meekanik to fix the engine.  NOW."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 103 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 09:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
Sun Tracker: "As much as I would love to convey your message, Mr. Strickland," Chatterbox replies, "Mr. Bola isn't exactly in the mood to listen.  In fact--" the droid's voice cuts out and you can hear Bola's muffled shouting behind the door, followed by Chatterbox saying "Honestly, I don't know what you think you're going to do with that blaster--SKKZT!"

The unmistakable sound of a blaster bolt fired from behind the door is followed by the ship's speakers going dead.

Less than a second later, the bridge hatch opens and a very irate Gungan stands framed in the doorway.  "Streeklan'," he mutters, darkly, glaring at the tech.  "Go tell the blue bitch an' that floaty meekanik to fix the engine.  NOW."


Aye, aye First Mate.... Sparks steps up close to the Gungan, standing to attention and saluting.  The crew is all present and situation is normal'ish.  I would like to get back on the comm's and check in with the Capt'n. Im' sure the engines will be on-line momemtarily.
Agial'ili
 player, 151 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 12:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She flinched when she heard the blaster shot. The gungan was insane shooting at their computer! If it got damaged beyond repair, then they would be stranded here, unable to calculate the Hyperdrive.

She went into the engineroom with Q7 in tow. She needed to get rid of the lunatic before he got them all killed. Inside the room she pondered about their options.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 25 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 15:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Comm's fine," Bola snarls.  "I just shot out the damn speaker so I don't have to be listenin' to the meekanik jabber on and on."

He steps aside so Strickland can enter the bridge.  "Yoosa tell Delfeen the next time he wants to be playin' tricks, heesa better make sure heesa hidin' my guns..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 104 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 16:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Tarsk Bola:
"Comm's fine," Bola snarls.  "I just shot out the damn speaker so I don't have to be listenin' to the meekanik jabber on and on."


Or anyone else...

Tarsk Bola:
He steps aside so Strickland can enter the bridge.  "Yoosa tell Delfeen the next time he wants to be playin' tricks, heesa better make sure heesa hidin' my guns..."


Bridge
Sparks resumes his statoin on the bridge
I'll tell him right now...

Grabbing a headset mic, Sparks plugs into the Comm's old-style.
CBox, copy over.......  Triangulate any transmissions from the Capt'n with the Direction Finder and plot an intercept course.  Play back these recordings please.

Engines, we are situation normal.  Please give me atmos thrusters a.s.a.p.  Comm's out.

Agial'ili
 player, 152 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She was hoping that he knew what he was doing. She keys the comm and said: "Roger, I'll restore power to the engines. Be advised though that the engine plates are still loose and could shake loose by fast maneuvers."

A couple of minutes later she says: "Power to the engines is restored"
Harry Selous
 player, 57 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 18:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry sighed at the sound of the comm traffic. He was getting tired of the gungun not being able to control himself. He'd have to mention that to Splynn, A handler who couldn't keep a cool head would just get everyone killed.

"So whats the plan?" he asked, climbing on to the speeder that appeared to be in the best shape, "Break the other two? take em to the ship? Wait for the ship to come to us?
Timothy Strickland
 player, 105 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 20:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
She was hoping that he knew what he was doing. She keys the comm and said: "Roger, I'll restore power to the engines. Be advised though that the engine plates are still loose and could shake loose by fast maneuvers."


Bridge
Oh, I forgot about the plates.  Just a short atmos trip, which in this weather might be rough.  Do you need some help to fix them? (ooc - thought you had done that already)
Arbiter
 GM, 375 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 21:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: They were kinda jumped by hungry lizard-rats before they had the opportunity. ;)

Giving Roice a chance to catch up before moving along.

Agial'ili
 player, 153 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 00:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"if you two keep those lizards of my back then sure I can reattach them quite fast. If not then we better wait for the Captain to return." she said answering the comm. Feeling not in a hurry to get up there again with those bloodthirsty killer beasts.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:03, Sat 07 Aug 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 194 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 03:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice grits his teeth and frowns at the microphone.

"Last Resort, converge on our position for a pickup.  Now, please.  Copy."

He shakes his head.  "What in the world are they doing?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 106 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 07:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bridge
Sparks will perform a life form (search) scan about the ship, detecting any creatures still present.

08:20, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 15 (21 excluding the wild die) using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,6,{Wild}1,6,4,3. Sensors (Search).

Scanning for lifeforms now, Engines.  Stand by to open hatch and wait for my all clear.
switching channel,
Stand by Flight, technical problem here. ETA 5 minutes. Comms out
Arbiter
 GM, 376 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 17:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Down in the engine room, Q7 chirps to Agial'ili and heads off, exiting the starboard engine room door.

The engines appear to be running fine and all lights are green on the bridge console.

A scan of the area indicates a few, scattered life signs, but nothing nearby.  It looks like the ROUSes have moved off.
Agial'ili
 player, 155 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 13:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She mused that she really should learn binary at the nearest opportunity. But she had a job to do. Tools ready and with a rope around her waist, she carefully looks up from the manhole. Then only once she is sure that the beasts were gone she quickly blots the panels down and gets inside as quick as she can.

You never know when those beasts would return or the crazy Gungan would try to fly away again. Only after she is safely inside the ship again does she uses the vox.

"Plates are secure, you can start flying"
Harry Selous
 player, 58 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 14:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry sets himself up on one of the swoops and waits for the ship to arrive. He didn't like waiting, but he did like having all these new swoops, and scavenging was definitely a worthwhile course of action.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 107 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 16:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
Only after she is safely inside the ship again does she uses the vox.

"Plates are secure, you can start flying"


comlink Roger, Engines.  Rendevouz with flight now.

CBox, patch direction finder co-ordinates of Flights position to the co-pilot station  switching channel,

Comms to Flight.  We are en-route. ETA 2 minutes.  Comms out

Sparks jumps in the co-pilot chair and, using his academy training, nurses the tracker towards the others  on aero thrusters only.
17:54, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 5 (9 excluding the wild die) using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,{Wild}1,2,3. Starship Piloting.    Doh!
Arbiter
 GM, 378 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 17:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili finds Q7 has already secured the plates (probably what he was blipping about earlier) and both head back into the ship as Strickland lifts the ship into the air with a distinct wobble and list to one side (not the prettiest liftoff in starship history, but also not a crash).

Bola has resumed his seat on the bridge, snickering at Strickland's less than expert launch.

The Sun Tracker/Last Resort hovers slowly towards Roice and Selous' signal.

In the meantime, Chatterbox is filling Strickland's ear with an irate litany of complaints about Bola and his treatment of the equipment, the crew, himself, etc. while taking a moment to apologize for not being able to carry out Strickland's request.  The droid brain is part of the comm system, not the nav system.  That's Q7's job, apparently.

But it's not hard to figure out which button to push. ;)
Arbiter
 GM, 379 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 15:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
It doesn't take long for the ship to rendezvous with the Speeder, Strickland bringing it in for a shaky landing that makes both Roice and Agial'ili cringe.

Bola hops up from his seat on the bridge and ambles out to the main deck, lowering the ramp.
Agial'ili
 player, 157 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 16:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili moved to the bridge to find Strickland there.

"I think that Bola is going to try something violent. Perhaps it is time to make sure that if he does so. He won't bother us any more. I think we need to cover the Captain just in case"

Garret Haskel
 player, 258 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 19:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret gets up from the floor near the hatch and goes to the medical bay to bandage his arm and replace the bandages on his leg.


Timothy Strickland
 player, 108 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 19:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
Agial'ili moved to the bridge to find Strickland there.

"I think that Bola is going to try something violent. Perhaps it is time to make sure that if he does so. He won't bother us any more. I think we need to cover the Captain just in case"


I think you're right...
comlink
Comms to SecOps1.  Fire Order!  Boss possible X Ray.  Comms en-route.

Sparks will go off to the top-hatchway,   attempting to be subtle about it.
20:51, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,{Wild}2,4. Sneak.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Wed 11 Aug 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 381 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 20:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel: After another application of bandages and bacta patches you're back to a reasonable approximation of ambulatory.  But take it easy.  Those wounds will still require time to mend completely and could reopen if you are too active.
Agial'ili
 player, 160 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 20:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Time for the next level of defense. Making sure that her Pocket Computer was on she asked:

"Q7, are you by chance equipped with a fire extinguisher?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 20 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 21:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
[YEAH,] Q7 chirps back.  [BUT IF YOU'RE THINKING WHAT I THINK YOU'RE THINKING, LEGS, I GOT 20,000 VOLTS OF PERSUASION THAT WORK BETTER THAN COMPRESSED CO2.]
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 26 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 21:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola ignores you all as you mill and mutter, heading down the ramp towards the speeder, hand resting on the butt of his heavy blaster.
Agial'ili
 player, 161 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 21:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Through her pocket computer she translated her conversation to Q7 in binary.

"Can you aim your fire extinguisher at a blaster? To clot the lens and make it fail to fire? Think of it as pre-emptive fire extinguishing. Just in case the Gungan tries to kill somebody with his weapon."

Turning to chatterbox she said: "Stay alert to any signals as we discussed earlier, I expect that the slave rig will be activated soon and we want to learn the code this time"
Harry Selous
 player, 60 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 23:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry keeps his blaster in hand as he straddles his one swoop. He'd finally gotten to kill someone, and he very much enjoyed it. He hoped there was more trouble. Trouble almost always meant violence.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 195 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 02:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice watches Bola stride down the ramp.  "Do I even want to know?"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 27 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 04:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ehh..." The Gungan shrugs, tossing a credit chip to Roice, "Lost meesa head, blowin' out da speakers to shut up 'dat squawkin' meekanik.  This'n oughtta cover 'da repair.  Sorry..."

He kneels next to the dead man beside the Speeder, "Yoosa gettin' jumped, eh?"
Harry Selous
 player, 62 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 07:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yeah, knocked over that one crate on accident and the shoes distracted em long enough to take care of em." Harry replied from his swoop. He figured Bola would see the open crate regardless, so Harry thought it best to just tell him. However, based on how Bola reacted, Harry might be able to see whether or not Bola knew about it before hand, whether he wanted all the bandits dead, or if he would have preferred they survive, without revealing what actually happened.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 28 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 13:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola nods, digging through the dead man's pockets as he replies, "Dis'n why I havin' yoosa land away from 'da meetin' place.  Yoosa showin' up in a shiny ship, with all those crates...  Probably be startin' a fight or two."

He stands up and looks over the swoops.  "Nice rides.  I'm thinkin' yoosa earned a lil' somethin' for yoosa troubles.  Yoosa keepin' 'da swoops and I won't be tellin' nobody 'bout 'dem."

He points to the fallen crate.  "Now yoosa better get this'n cleaned up and get back on yoosa way.  'Da ones yoosa supposed to be meetin', theysa still waitin' 10 clicks down 'da road."

Bola turns to head back to the ship, pausing momentarily to mutter something to Selous as he passes.
Garret Haskel
 player, 262 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 13:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret was leaning against the wall half a dozen steps from the landing ramp, the tool Agial'ili loaned him was in his jacket's right pocket; which was not visible to anyone entering the ship.
Agial'ili
 player, 166 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 13:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The nerve. He hadn't done anything except trying to run away when the rodents hit and now he was telling them to keep the swoops after he rolled the corpse?

She walked outside, admiring the Swoops. they looked old and badly maintained but servicable. When she came close to Roice she murmured something to him.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 109 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 17:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 387 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 18:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 63 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 19:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry nodded at Bola's words and climbed off the swoop. He started taking the bodies and dragging them anywhere that provided some modicum of concealment, whether it was behind rocks or in ditches. They didn't need to piss anybody else off until they were off planet.

When he was done with that, he'd start moving the swoops on to the ship.
Arbiter
 GM, 388 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 19:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 65 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 23:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 196 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 23:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice picks up the pile of shoes and stows the crate back onto the speeder.

He hops into the driver's seat then holds up the credit chip to Selous.  "Imagine that.  Our first payment was from Bola."
Harry Selous
 player, 66 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 03:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Nice," Harry said to Roice as he examined the cred chip, "Payment is always good. You wanna take the speeder, and I'll follow a bit behind on a swoop, or should we ride in together?"
Agial'ili
 player, 167 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 06:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She shrugged and went inside the ship again. Determined not to get out before they reached a proper port. She had no inclination to meet another of those big rodents again.
Arbiter
 GM, 389 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 12:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The seemingly tense confrontation with Bola reduced to a brief, anticlimactic exchange, the group prepares to move on.  The three swoops are loaded into the hold but the speeder and its cargo--relashed with new packing straps--remain outside pending a decision on how things are to proceed.

Bola mentions, disinterestedly, that the worst is probably over, there might not be more trouble and the group of miners waiting for their arrival should just conduct the deal and everything come out all right.  But, he does roll the ship's cutoff switch around in his hand while giving his less than reassuring reassurance, so make of that what you will.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:27, Mon 16 Aug 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 169 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 15:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She acted as if nothing interesting had happened: "Did the gang that attacked you only have one swoop? If not then perhaps we should try to recover the other ones. We could sell them for a nice profit"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 110 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 19:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks comes off the bridge after 'parking'.  Watching Selous load the swoops.

A lucky find, eh. Did you have some excitement?
Roice Delfinn
 player, 197 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 02:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shouts something from the seat of the speeder, but the wind drowns him out.  He shrugs and hops out, then trots up the ramp.

"We did have some excitement, did you not hear it?  The entire time I was giving a running narration, especially the part where I repeatedly said, 'Last Resort come get us now!'  What the heck was going on here?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 263 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 02:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"At that time I was on the upper hull with Agial while she inspected the ship. We all also met some of the local wildlife while up there. By the time we got back down the gungan had shot the speaker."

He indicated his bandaged leg and arm while speaking.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 111 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 17:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"We did have some excitement, did you not hear it?  The entire time I was giving a running narration, especially the part where I repeatedly said, 'Last Resort come get us now!'  What the heck was going on here?"


I'll explain later.  I suggest we go to plan B: Load the swoops and speeder into the ship & fly directly to the rendevous.  We have wasted alot of time, and made enough noise already!

Whad'yer say?

Agial'ili
 player, 171 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 22:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It is obvious that just using the speeder we can get into trouble as well. Perhaps using the ship will make things go smoother."

She said, though a bit unsure of things. It sounded risky, but so was trusting that the Gungan would behave and he was a known trouble factor.
Harry Selous
 player, 67 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 22:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Not having back up seems like a worse plan to me then taking the speeder." Harry chimed in, "Plus taking all the goods in at once means they can just kill us all and take the stuff and the ship. I say we stick with the plan we had, take in the sample, see how they feel about it, then bring up the rest of the stuff when we've agreed on a price."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 198 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Harry's right, and now with him on a swoop, the two of us can split up if there's danger.  But for sky's sake, be on standby!  This plan does nobody any good if nobody's listening to our broadcast.  Stay buttoned up and be ready to come in blazing."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 112 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"Harry's right, and now with him on a swoop, the two of us can split up if there's danger.  But for sky's sake, be on standby!  This plan does nobody any good if nobody's listening to our broadcast.  Stay buttoned up and be ready to come in blazing."


Sparks turns slowly to stare coldly, and mercilessly at Bola.  Aye, aye Flight.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 29 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yoosa tell 'dat bloody blue bitch ta stop wit' da breakin' da ship, mebbe I come gettin' yoosa next time!" Bola shouts down the ramp.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 199 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice is quiet with confusion for a few seconds, then finally blusters, "Don't anybody break the ship, seriously!"

He marches back down the ramp to the speeder.  "Let's roll, Harry."
Harry Selous
 player, 68 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 07:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry, seated on a swoop, grins as everyone blames everyone else for everything.

"You got it, boss." he says as he fires up the swoop to follow along behind Roice, everything he gathered from the last altercation tucked away in various parts of his clothing.
Agial'ili
 player, 172 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 17:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If you hadn't made such a mess playing who is the boss when we took of then perhaps I would not have to check the ship for damages in the first place!"

She shouted back in an uncharacteristic loud voice. She felt rather angry now and stormed of towards her domain.
Garret Haskel
 player, 267 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 17:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked up to the bridge.

"Should I power up the turret?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 113 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 20:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret Haskel:
Garret walked up to the bridge.

"Should I power up the turret?"


Fill yer boots, mate.  When it kicks off, it'll kick off big time.
Arbiter
 GM, 392 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 21:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Selous take off for the rendezvous, leaving everyone else to return to the ship and seal it to prevent any more of the friendly natives from paying a visit.

After a bit more travel, the speeder and swoop leave the confines of the mesa field, moving out into a broad, open salt flat.

There's a small, dark dot on the horizon which resolves itself fairly quickly into the figure of a scraggly, rag-clad man standing in the whipping wind, seemingly uncaring about the stinging, alkaline grit that pelts his skin.

He watches Roice and Selous approach calmly, not moving a muscle in reaction to their appearance.
Garret Haskel
 player, 268 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 23:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret went back to the access shaft to the turret and climbed the ladder; his injured arm protesting slightly. Once in the seat he strapped in, put on the com headset and powered up the targeting computer, as well as the turret systems.

"Systems online and ready to fire."
Harry Selous
 player, 69 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 01:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry hung back as the speeder came up on the old man. Harry was wary of everything they might run across on this planet, and he wasn't gonna expose himself till they new what was going to happen.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 201 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 02:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Heads up, Last Resort, we're at the rendezvous.  Standby for actions."

Roice slows the speeder to a stop about 25 meters from the man.  He stands up in the seat and holds up one hand for a moment in signal.
Arbiter
 GM, 393 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 12:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The man raises a hand in response to Roice, but stays where he is.  He's shouting something, but neither of you can hear it over the sound of the wind and your respective vehicle engines.
Harry Selous
 player, 70 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 13:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'll go up and see what he wants." Harry says as he pulls up beside Roice, "don't turn off that speeder."

Then Harry moves forward, bringing his swoop to a stop beside the man, but not turning off the engine.

"Repeat that please." Harry says to the man, one hand kept near his new slug thrower.
Arbiter
 GM, 394 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 18:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I SAID!" the man shouts more loudly than is required, then switches to a more normal tone, "shut off those damn engines before the sandslashers hear you!  They know that speeder engines go hand in hand with food."

He looks around nervously, as if expecting these "sandslashers" to simply pop up out of nowhere and attack, but there's no sign of any impending doom.  "I thought you smugglers was s'posed to have a ship?"
Harry Selous
 player, 71 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 22:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We do. It's around. We figured it'd be best to keep some of our cards off the table in case this was a double cross." Harry said as he shut down his swoop, signaling for Roice to do the same.

Harry figured that if they got jumped, they'd be able to start their engines and book it before they could suffer any real damage, and with the distance between them, it'd make it difficult for both of them to get taken down at once.

"Alright, we brought a sample of the merchandise so we can discuss the price before we bring in everything. Go ahead and make your way over to the speeder, and the Captain will handle things from there."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 202 posts
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 02:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice sees Harry's signal, and leans down to the microphone before he cuts the engines.  "Last Resort, go to hover."

He crosses his arms and waits.
Arbiter
 GM, 395 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 15:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The miner nods, visibly relieved as both vehicles are shut down.  He walks over to the speeder.

The man doesn't miss the damage to the speeder and comments, "I thought I recognized that swoop.  Horace and his bunch try to jump you?  Hope you didn't hurt them too bad, we've got a quota to meet."

He unlashes and opens one of the crates--the previously unopened one, which is revealed to contain blankets--and nods approvingly.  "Yeah, looks like your boss got it right." He peeks inside the other crate and smiles, pulling out a pair of sturdy boots.  "Thank god," he says, putting on the footwear and sighing in relief.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 114 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 16:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice sees Harry's signal, and leans down to the microphone before he cuts the engines.  "Last Resort, go to hover."

He crosses his arms and waits.



Bridge Comlink
Sparks to all hands, secure all hatches, power to thrusters, prepare the launch.

17:12, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,2,2,{Wild}4. Starship Piloting.
Agial'ili
 player, 173 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 17:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Engineering comlink

"Engineering ready for take off."
Harry Selous
 player, 72 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 18:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry looks for any sort of high ground or look out position that might provide them with a little advanced warning if anything were going to happen. If he sees any, he turns on his swoop, moves up on to it, and then shuts down his swoop again.
Arbiter
 GM, 396 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 18:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry Selous:
Harry looks for any sort of high ground or look out position that might provide them with a little advanced warning if anything were going to happen. If he sees any, he turns on his swoop, moves up on to it, and then shuts down his swoop again.

OOC: Nope.  It's called a "salt flat" for a reason. ;)

On the plus side, except for the mesa field behind you, you've got a basically uninterrupted view up to the horizon in all directions.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 203 posts
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 02:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"There's more than this," Roice says to the man.  "It's all yours, when we get all ours."
Arbiter
 GM, 397 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 12:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The man nods, "Fair enough.  I've seen yours," he puts his dirty fingers into his mouth and blows a piercing whistle.

All around the area hatches--previously concealed by a coating of sand and dirt--pop open and men of various species clamber out of the hidden holes.  In moments, a ring or miners--approximately a dozen or so--surround the area.  Like the bandits from before, several are carrying handmade slugthrowers.  A few others haul