3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 155 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 13 Apr 2010
at 16:05
3: Taking Stock
In the Mines
The fight against the unseen creature takes a sudden turn for the worse.  It looked for a moment like you were gaining the upper hand, but the creature manages to squirm out from under A'den and turn on him, ripping into his shoulder with wickedly sharp teeth and drawing blood as it savages the Mandalorian.

A single blaster bolt, searingly red in the near-complete darkness, flashes across the cavern and strikes your invisible adversary.  There's a horrid, wailing yelp and then the creature slumps to the ground, a vaguely humanoid shape splatting in the mud beside A'den.

Rocks clatter as someone pulls themselves through the hole at the top of the rockslide.  Backlit by Forem's wan beam from the other side, the figure remains indistinct until he turns on a light built into the targeting sight he's wearing over his right eye.  In the light you see that your rescuer is a burly Gungan with a torn up left ear.  He's dressed in well-worn spacer's fatigues and holding a still-smoking heavy blaster pistol in his hand.

"Yoosa comin' with me," he says in a gravely voice.  "Pick up that meat and be bringin' him along," he indicates A'den, who is still lying in the mud, bleeding.  There's little choice but to follow the taciturn Gungan (if for no other reason than he's got a gun and you don't).  It's difficult getting the injured A'den through the hole in the rock wall, but the three of you manage.  On the other side, Forem is standing, still dutifully shining his spotlight.

"You were able to reach them in time!" the droid says excitedly to the Gungan.  "After what I heard, I was worried that you would be too--"

"Shut up, meekanik!" spits the Gungan with open hostility, shoving Forem roughly aside as he stalks up the corridor.  "Be comin', yoosa three," he says to the rest of you, "or I'll leave you for the guard to find."

"W-well!" Forem splutters like a common protocol droid before recovering his aplomb.  "Here, allow me to assist you in carrying Colonel Nuhaatyc," he offers, stepping in to help.

The group follows the surly Gungan back up the tunnel.  He stops a bit before returning to the worked area of stone and pulls a blinking device from his pocket.  He mutters something into it and there's a scraping sound followed by a brightly lit doorway opening in the side of the tunnel.  Behind the doorway is a small chamber rimmed with benches covered in comfortable looking cushions.  "Inside.  Weesa goin' to meet da boss."

No longer in the Mines
The chamber turns out to be an elevator, which whisks you all up with the soft hum of repulsorlifts.  The Gungan speaks into his handheld device again and you hear him mutter "injury... medical..." before he puts it back.  He's silent for the rest of the trip.

The elevator eventually comes to a stop.  The doors open up with a soft hiss.  You step out into an open foyer that, to your eyes, looks like paradise itself.  There's a waterfall fountain surrounded by lush potted plants, exquisite--and obviously expensive--marble flooring, and an intricate crystalline chandelier hangs down from the ceiling, lighting the room in a warm glow.

"Oh!  Oh dear!" exclaims a fretful, female-analog voice as the blue and silver protocol droid standing in the middle of the room drops the medkit its holding and hurries towards the group.  "You're getting mud everywhere!" it squawks, fluttering its hands in exasperation as you all track thick, stinking mud across the pristine floor.

"Shaddup, meekanik!" the Gungan snarls, knocking the droid aside.  It yelps and falls backwards, striking the floor with a loud, "Klang!"

"Where's da boss?" he glares down at the prone protocol droid.

"I am s-sorry, Master Bola," the droid says, struggling to get back on its feet.  "Master Splynn had to step out to take care of some personal--"

"Shaddup!" the Gungan, Bola, shouts, kicking the droid.  "You meat stay here," he says to the group.  "I go to find out what to do wit' yoosa."

He leaves you standing, holding your injured teammate, in the middle of the foyer as he steps through the ornate double doors and into the next room.

Left to your own devices, you manage to use the discarded medkit to at least patch A'den's wounds.  But he's lost a lot of blood and is unconscious.  Forem helps the protocol droid to its feet and the two chatter in binary.

The doors open a moment later and Roice, clean and dressed in crisp new clothes, steps out into the foyer.  He looks you over and says. . .
Roice Delfinn
 player, 61 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 14:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Wha- What happened?"  He rushes forward and kneels down beside A'den.

"TC-9."  He looks up at the blue protocol droid.  "This man needs medical assistance, immediately."
Garret Haskel
 player, 74 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 15:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I can patch him up if you bring me supplies. We got ambushed by a creature in the tunnels. If that Gungan hadn't come along we would have had a hard time putting it down. What are they doing here anyway? Which of their bosses has come?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 62 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 15:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That Gungan?  Don't know him, only..."  He stops short and thinks for a moment before continuing, then nods slightly.  "Let's get A'den patched and you lot cleaned up before we broach the issue."

He looks at TC-9.  "I don't suppose there's a meddroid on staff?"

(ETA: minor correction)

This message was last edited by the player at 16:10, Thu 15 Apr 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 75 posts
Wed 14 Apr 2010
at 15:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Very well. Where is the med-room?"
Arbiter
 GM, 157 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 05:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
TC-9 breaks from its conversation with Forem.  "Ah, umm, yes," it says, almost bashfully.  "I am afraid that, given your special status, I have strict orders from Master Splynn not to report your presence outside of the prison.  This includes orders not to summon medical personnel.  I am afraid A'den Nuhaatyc will have to be returned to the factory if he is to receive any medical attention."
Garret Haskel
 player, 76 posts
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 18:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm assuming your ship comes with medical supplies. Bring them to me immediately. A'den needs to be stabilized before he is sent back."
Arbiter
 GM, 159 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 18:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The poor protocol droid looks like it's about to short out.  "I apologize, sir, but that is not within my parameters." It indicates the medkit that it dropped earlier, "This was all I was ordered to have ready and should be sufficient to stabilize A'den Nuhaatyc.  I have been told to tell you that the guards will already have been alerted to the activity in the Mines and will send a contingent to investigate Aleph tunnel.  If they are on schedule they will be arriving in less than 10 minutes.  I was also told to tell you that if you take A'den Nuhaatyc back down in the elevator--which has been preprogrammed to deliver you to the tunnel and then return to this office--he will be found and taken to a medical facility."

TC-9 pauses, as if listening to something, then continues, "I have also been ordered to tell you..." the droid pauses, fluttering its hands in that anxious mannerism again and cringing as if an unheard voice is yelling at it.  "I-I have been ordered to tell you that if you do not comply quickly there is nothing stopping that same contingent of guards from being told about a group of escaped convicts who have somehow managed to invade one of the executive penthouses."

The protocol droid shivers, "I am terribly sorry about this.  I hate being the bearer of such awful news..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 77 posts
Thu 15 Apr 2010
at 19:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Looks like I have no choice. Nice friends you have Roice."

Garret grabbed the medkit, and took it over to A'den, and tended his wounds with what he had available. He took only 5 minutes to do that, then carefully positioned the man on his back to take down the lift to leave in the tunnel and ride back up the lift before the guard contingent arrives.

15:04, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 27 using 8 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,3,{Wild}4,4,1,5,3,1. first aid
Arbiter
 GM, 160 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 00:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel gets A'den stable enough to move (but he's still unconscious) and takes him into the elevator.  The doors close behind them, leaving the rest of you standing in the foyer.

"Once again, I apologize," TC-9 says.  "There is a lavatory over there where you can clean yourselves.  I have taken the liberty of having clean clothes in your sizes sent up and they will be waiting for you once you have cleansed yourselves..." the droid looks down with obvious dismay at your mud-caked legs. "Please..."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 63 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 03:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That's enough, TC-9," says Roice, staring at the lift doors.  "Thank you."

He looks at the protocol droid and pointedly waits for her to leave.
Jared Verik
 player, 48 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 05:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
" getting this guck off me would be nice. lead the way metal man."
Garret Haskel
 player, 78 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 11:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret exits the lift after riding it back up from the tunnel.

"The task is done." Is all he said before snatching up a towel and going into the refresher to get cleaned up.
Arbiter
 GM, 161 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course, Mister Delfinn," the protocol bows and steps out after directing Verik to the fresher.

"Did you know that she works for an Assistant Vice-Prex?" Forem says to Roice.  "Apparently, Captain, we have landed in the midst of something fairly large."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 64 posts
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 16:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yes, I know.  I want you on your toes, Forem.  Full tactical mode.  Come on, I need some help."

He goes and sits on a bench, and while waiting for the others, begins to meticulously search the replacement clothing TC-9 brought for hidden sensors, bugs, or anything else out of the ordinary.

(Dunno if it matters, but I'll give you a Search roll anyhow:
You rolled 7 (13 excluding the wild die) using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system ((4,5,3,{Wild}1)).)

>.<
Arbiter
 GM, 162 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 16 Apr 2010
at 16:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
You don't find anything odd about the clothes.

And you make a small tear the inner lining of one of the jackets.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:51, Fri 16 Apr 2010.

Bulyip
 player, 53 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 17 Apr 2010
at 13:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Silent, the small Aleena stays behind the others. Allowing himself to remain as unnoticed as much as one possibly can, he looks on as Garret applies aid to their companion.

Raising his upper lip nervously, he stretches his limbs a bit as he starts to get bored. Walking almost aimlessly, he makes a slow circle of the room, and spotting the clothing, Bulyip decides to take some of them after all. Looking for something that fit, or be made to fit, he adds some items to a small pile, and takes them to the refresher that he managed to find in his earlier loop.
Garret Haskel
 player, 79 posts
Sat 17 Apr 2010
at 16:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret emerged from the refresher, walked over to grab the clothes sized for him and put them on. He noticed that the inner lining of his jacket had a slight tear, which didn't bother him since he could guess how the tear was made. It was clear his anger at being forced to abandon a comrade had not cooled yet.
Arbiter
 GM, 163 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 18 Apr 2010
at 16:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The three of you (Haskel, Verik, Bulyip) clean yourselves up a bit and change out of your filthy prison rags and into the clean new clothes.  The clothes fit well and make you feel almost sentient again, although Jared seems to be short a pair of socks and a jacket while Bulyip seems to be wearing one that brushes the floor with sleeves so long his arms only go halfway down.  The balled up socks poking out of the pocket are an especially nice touch to his ensemble.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:52, Sun 18 Apr 2010.

Bulyip
 player, 54 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sun 18 Apr 2010
at 18:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Quite proud of his new outfit, he holds up his arms to keep the sleeves from dangling onto the floor, and swings them around briefly to get a little waving and spinning action from the excess material.

Seeing everyone looking pretty much ready to move on, he questions, "We can't stay here, can we? Should we go back to mines? It might be time to go back to our rooms and wait for breakfast!" He says the last part, breakfast with a bit of enthusiasm.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 65 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 03:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We're not staying here," says Roice.  "But we're not going back to the mines either."

He stops and thinks for a moment.

"Unless you choose to."
Garret Haskel
 player, 80 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 11:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walks over to Bulyip, takes the extra coat off him and tosses it to Jared.

"I think it's time we met the boss and be let in on whatever plans you have for getting off this rock."
Arbiter
 GM, 164 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 12:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Good, I like a man who gets right to the point," says a voice over a concealed speaker.

"Why don't you all come in and have a seat.  I will join you shortly after I have concluded my business.  If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask TC-9."

The double doors open, leading into an exquisitely appointed office/apartment.  The Gungan, Bola, is inside, slouched in a plush chair, glaring at nothing in particular.
Garret Haskel
 player, 81 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked into the room, and stood behind the gungan.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 1 post
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Be gettin' out from behind meesa back, meat..." Bola snarls without looking at Haskel.  "I don' like folk standin' behind me..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 82 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"As long as you remain calm, and stay in that chair you'll remain unharmed. This is a simple precaution, no need to take it personal."

Garret pointedly remained right where he was, since he would have the advantage if the Gungan tried to do anything.