3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Agial'ili
 player, 44 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 16 May 2010
at 21:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Once inside she quickly found a sturdy box to put under the hatch. The hatch secured she lighted the area with a torch that was in her bag of tools.

"I am inside, going to check the core first, you can let the hatch go now"

With that she moved towards the reactor core and checked out its status.
Harry Selous
 player, 26 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 May 2010
at 22:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry looked back towards the sound of battle droids and decided now was the time to jump in. He moved in to the fight quickly, shoving the pair apart with as much force as possible to put space between the two, then standing in between them to keep the Gungun from shooting Haskell again.

"We've got battle droids coming. You two may want to break it up for now."
Arbiter
 GM, 238 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 06:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: The reactor is on standby, it appears good to go, just dormant.

Haskel and Bola: Bola steps back to avoid your swing, but you manage to tag him in the eyestalk.  His shot goes wild and you feel a burning line of pain draw across your temple.  Both of you stagger back, stunned, just as Selous interposes himself between the two of you and tells you about the droids.

Bola's eyes widen--well, the one that isn't swelling shut--and he puts away his blaster.  "Get onna ship!" he says, "Now!"

He pushes past the two of you, staggering, and ignoring Haskel should he try to continue the fight, and pulls the small device out of his pocket again, pushing a button.

The ship springs back to life at that same instant.

OOC: Haskel and Bola are both Stunned, and Bola seems to be done for now.
Harry Selous
 player, 29 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 17 May 2010
at 07:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry checks to Haskel to see if the man needs any help getting to the ship.

"Let's go pal." He says, making his way to the ship and helping Haskel if need be.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 30 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 17 May 2010
at 11:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #229):

Sparks calls to Agail'ili while turning to Delfinn "Get the power up luv, I'll do the pre-flight checks."  Sparks winks to Delfinn and jerks his thumb towards the cockpit, "Cap'n, lets make like shepperds and get the flock outov'ere!" 
Garret Haskel
 player, 151 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 12:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret ignores the pain in his temple and runs onto the ship. He climbs the ladder up to the gun turret but waits for the ship to launch before powering up the system.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Mon 17 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 101 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 15:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice, oblivious to the ruckus outside, saunters with Sparks back toward the fore.  "Forem, check all lockers for weapons," he says, pointing to the security cases.

"Not that there'll be any," he mutters.

He mounts the steps to the bridge door, and says, "Let's see what we've got here."
Arbiter
 GM, 240 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: The disembodied voice speaks to you again, saying, "Well, hello!  It looks like you've gotten past the door that I could've sworn was locked before that unscheduled power down.  Let me congratulate you on your resourcefulness, friend!  Now.  If you'll please step away from the reactor and over against the wall, it will make things ever so much simpler when the security forces I'm currently calling come to collect you for breaking and entering.  Thanks!"

Haskel: You find a medkit in a cabinet in the crew lounge and rummage through it for some painkillers.

Roice: Forem nods and shuffles off to inspect the security locker while you head back to the bridge door.  The same voice from before the power down greets you.  "I have to say, you all seem to be a great bunch of people and ordinarily I would love to get to know each and every one of you!  But, there's this little matter of trespassing, vandalism, and theft that's getting in the way.  I'm really sorry, buddy, but you and your friends are about to be in serious trouble.  But, hey!  If any of you survive, why don't you come back for a visit after your prison term is up and we can all have a good chuckle over this little misunderstanding.  Doesn't that sound nice?"

Bola storms up the gangplank and joins Roice at the bridge hatch.  His left eye is purple and swelling shut, but that doesn't detract from his glare.  "Open dis door, meekanik!" the Gungan shouts, pounding on the sealed hatch.

The voice responds, "Hey, pal, I'd love to!  But, as I mentioned earlier, I need voiceprint authorization from the captain.  Also, I'd prefer to keep the damage to the interior to a minimum when the security droids come in here, guns a'blazin' and take you all out.  Nothing personal, of course!  But a droid's gotta follow the rules, you know!"

Selous: You're still outside the ship (haven't gone up the gangplank yet) and you can hear the sound of clattering footsteps growing louder and more numerous.  It's hard to tell due to the acoustics of the area, but what's coming is a hell of a lot more than the previous pair of droids that escorted you here earlier.
Garret Haskel
 player, 153 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock

This message was deleted by the player at 17:19, Mon 17 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 102 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice narrows his eyes at the door.  "I'm the captain of this vessel, Roice Delfinn.  Stand down your admittedly creative security measures, or you'll be the one in serious trouble, with me standing over your mainframe holding a brianwipe module."

He steps close to the com console.  "Now close the gangplank, and open this door."
Agial'ili
 player, 47 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 17 May 2010
at 16:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"For a security droid you are extremely polite" said Agial'ili while started to flip the controls inside Engineering.

"Problem is that you are mistaken and this ship now belongs to us. I am very sorry but I have to disconnect you now"

With that she pulled the plug on the bridge controls. Severing it's connections to all systems. Because the bridge was just another system to do fancy control stunts but without power it was nothing but more dead weight. Then she overrode the security hatches and opened them.

Right, now back to the reactor core. "So my beauty, how have you managed to survive these past months?"
Arbiter
 GM, 241 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: "Security droid?" the voice asks, obviously confused.  "Miss, you obviously have me confused with someone else.  Now, if you'd kindly step away from the switches and knobs, my companion won't have to introduce you to his shock probe."

You hear the spit and crackle and smell the ozone of a high-energy electrical arc behind you.

OOC: And it's a bit more complicated to cut off areas of the ship from power than hitting a couple of buttons...  Especially since you didn't bother to make any sort of skill roll to accomplish your task.

Roice: "Well, why didn't you just say so in the first place!" the chipper voice exclaims happily.  "Welcome aboard, Captain!" The gangplank starts to raise (I'm going to assume Selous hops on.  Whether Bulyip and Verik make it depends on what I end up hearing from them) and the bridge door opens.  "Let me be the first to welcome you aboard the Sun Tracker!" The voice then mutters quietly, "Could you please ask the lovely young lady in the engine room to stop poking things before she breaks something?  Q7 will be extremely annoyed if he has to fix more than the door he's already grumping about.  Also, there's the small matter of the 10,000 volts he's about to put through her to make her stop messing with the ship's systems without permission."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:33, Mon 17 May 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 103 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice toggles the intercom.  "Agaili, Ili, Gail'li, uh, hey, sit still, I think we've got it under control."

He trudges through the door and into the cockpit.  "Droid, what is your designation?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 154 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret came up to the bridge, this time completely ignoring Bola. They had other things to worry about.

"Where do you want me Roice?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 1 post
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Well, that's a bit complicated," the disembodied voice says.  "And, Captain, I'll be more than happy to explain it all to you once we're on our way.  As for a designation, I suppose you can just call me 'Chatterbox,' it's what Captain Veran always called me.  But perhaps we should get underway before that security contingent arrives." Chatterbox sounds embarrassed, "I might have been a trifle overzealous when describing the goings on and called for an excessively large amount of force to deal with you all.  Sorry about that!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 104 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice calls over his shoulder to Haskel, "Gangplank!  Make sure those droids don't get aboard!"

He quickly scans the cockpit controls, and excitedly barks to Sparks, "Repulsors?!"
Garret Haskel
 player, 155 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 17:43
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Do you have anything I can use? I can't fight droids empty handed."

Garret walked towards the ramp and peered down from the side. He wasn't going to stand in full view at the top of the ramp like a recruit fresh out of the academy.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 32 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 17 May 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
He quickly scans the cockpit controls, and excitedly barks to Sparks, "Repulsors?!"


"I'll do my best Boss, but I ain't a pilot yer know."

Sparks jumps into the Co-Pilot chair, racking his brains for his old Academy training.

Activating the internal comlink "Sparks to Agail'ili.  We have control of the ship and power to the bridge.  Please give me main power now, and stand by to give me all the auxillary power you have.  Sparks out."

[ooc - and stop ripping the ship computer apart luv!]

Sparks will start pre-flight checks to the best of knowledge, powering up propulsion and sublight drives.

Sparks rolled general Mechanical of 13 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system (({Wild}5,2,3,3)).

This message was last edited by the player at 18:25, Mon 17 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 243 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 May 2010
at 18:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili's not in much of a position to answer.  A spherical droid that looks for all the world like someone stuck two astromech domes together to form a sphere is floating in front of her, brandishing a sparking shock probe and tweedling menacingly.

OOC: Yes, I do realize what I just said. :P
Harry Selous
 player, 31 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 17 May 2010
at 22:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry just managed to get on board as the gang plank raised, then he rushed around the first corner and pinned himself against a wall. If any of the droids did get aboard some how, he might be able to take whatever blasters they have and use it against them. that was assuming it wasn't something nastier then a contingent of battle droids.


"Maybe we should just take off now and forget about proper procedure for the moment!" HE shouts from his position up towards the cockpit, still not hearing the engines coming to life, or feeling the slight shift of take off.
Garret Haskel
 player, 156 posts
Mon 17 May 2010
at 23:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Since he had seen everyone but the Twi'lek girl, and he had last seen them poking around the door Garret headed back to the door. He found out wedged open and knew it was too narrow for him to fit through, but she might have been able to.

"Agial'ili, report. What is going on in there?"
Agial'ili
 player, 49 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 18 May 2010
at 22:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Making sure she did not make any threatening moves she answered:

"There is a nasty security droid hovering here that does not want me to take any moves and he got a nasty wicked zap thingie aimed at me"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 34 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 May 2010
at 09:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As Sparks watched the indicator lights on the cockpit panels turn from red (power-up?), to flashing amber (standby?), to green (active?) he throws a comment at Delfinn without looking at him,

"Cap'n, as the ships computer now recognises you as its commander, perhaps you should inform the computer of its new crew, and that we are authorised to operate too?"

Sparks notes the occasional flashing red light (fault indicator?) that may signal on the panels.  As long as it ins't a primary system, he'll ignore it for now, mentally logging it for later.

"Computer, recognise Strickland, Timothy, known as Sparks.  Flight Technician of the Sun Tracker.  Assigned to Ships Sensors, Shields, Communications and general electronics."
Garret Haskel
 player, 158 posts
Wed 19 May 2010
at 14:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Hey droid......Forem get over here and tell that security droid to stand down immediately."
Arbiter
 GM, 246 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 May 2010
at 15:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili: the disembodied voice (Chatterbox) speaks up again, "I am so sorry for this confusion, miss," he then switches to a chastising (yet somehow still chipper) tone.  "Q7-P10, you leave her alone!  She's with our new captain!"

The hovering astromech swivels its top hemisphere and utters a scathing skirr of binary, "Such language!" Chatterbox gasps.  "I know they broke the door and I'm sure it was just an accident.  But the Captain needs our help getting the Tracker out of here as quickly as possible.  There are an awful lot of battle droids headed this way and you know how long it takes to clean carbon scoring off the hull."

The astromech, Q7, hovers in place for another moment, then his shock probe retracts with a snap and he flies across the engine room to the control panel where Agial'ili had been flipping switches.  He extends a manipulator and turns his lens to glare at the Twi'lek while resetting the switches and blipping and bleeping at her.

"He asked me to tell you to stick to dancing and leave the... 'expletive deleted' buttons in his engine room alone," Chatterbox explains.  "I'm sorry, Q7 is a little... protective of the ship and its systems.  Chalk it up to his wartime programming rearing its ugly head at inopportune times..."

Strickland and Roice: The board lights up all green and the thrum of fully active engines reverberates through the ship.

"Well?" Bola asks, rudely pushing Roice towards the pilot's seat.  "We gonna fly, Delfeen, or yoosa just gonna sit and let the meekaniks blast your pretty new ship to pieces?"

Haskel and Selous: Forem turns to look at you, "Security droids?  I haven't detected a single security unit on board since we got here.  Unless you mean them?" he points behind you, where the now-closed ramp wasn't quick enough to keep a pair of battle droids from skuttling on board.

"Hands up!" they rasp in unison.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:23, Wed 19 May 2010.