3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Timothy Strickland
 player, 110 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 19:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks comes off the bridge after 'parking'.  Watching Selous load the swoops.

A lucky find, eh. Did you have some excitement?
Roice Delfinn
 player, 197 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 02:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shouts something from the seat of the speeder, but the wind drowns him out.  He shrugs and hops out, then trots up the ramp.

"We did have some excitement, did you not hear it?  The entire time I was giving a running narration, especially the part where I repeatedly said, 'Last Resort come get us now!'  What the heck was going on here?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 263 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 02:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"At that time I was on the upper hull with Agial while she inspected the ship. We all also met some of the local wildlife while up there. By the time we got back down the gungan had shot the speaker."

He indicated his bandaged leg and arm while speaking.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 111 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 17:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"We did have some excitement, did you not hear it?  The entire time I was giving a running narration, especially the part where I repeatedly said, 'Last Resort come get us now!'  What the heck was going on here?"


I'll explain later.  I suggest we go to plan B: Load the swoops and speeder into the ship & fly directly to the rendevous.  We have wasted alot of time, and made enough noise already!

Whad'yer say?

Agial'ili
 player, 171 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 22:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It is obvious that just using the speeder we can get into trouble as well. Perhaps using the ship will make things go smoother."

She said, though a bit unsure of things. It sounded risky, but so was trusting that the Gungan would behave and he was a known trouble factor.
Harry Selous
 player, 67 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 22:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Not having back up seems like a worse plan to me then taking the speeder." Harry chimed in, "Plus taking all the goods in at once means they can just kill us all and take the stuff and the ship. I say we stick with the plan we had, take in the sample, see how they feel about it, then bring up the rest of the stuff when we've agreed on a price."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 198 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Harry's right, and now with him on a swoop, the two of us can split up if there's danger.  But for sky's sake, be on standby!  This plan does nobody any good if nobody's listening to our broadcast.  Stay buttoned up and be ready to come in blazing."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 112 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"Harry's right, and now with him on a swoop, the two of us can split up if there's danger.  But for sky's sake, be on standby!  This plan does nobody any good if nobody's listening to our broadcast.  Stay buttoned up and be ready to come in blazing."


Sparks turns slowly to stare coldly, and mercilessly at Bola.  Aye, aye Flight.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 29 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yoosa tell 'dat bloody blue bitch ta stop wit' da breakin' da ship, mebbe I come gettin' yoosa next time!" Bola shouts down the ramp.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 199 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice is quiet with confusion for a few seconds, then finally blusters, "Don't anybody break the ship, seriously!"

He marches back down the ramp to the speeder.  "Let's roll, Harry."
Harry Selous
 player, 68 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 07:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry, seated on a swoop, grins as everyone blames everyone else for everything.

"You got it, boss." he says as he fires up the swoop to follow along behind Roice, everything he gathered from the last altercation tucked away in various parts of his clothing.
Agial'ili
 player, 172 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 17:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If you hadn't made such a mess playing who is the boss when we took of then perhaps I would not have to check the ship for damages in the first place!"

She shouted back in an uncharacteristic loud voice. She felt rather angry now and stormed of towards her domain.
Garret Haskel
 player, 267 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 17:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked up to the bridge.

"Should I power up the turret?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 113 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 20:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret Haskel:
Garret walked up to the bridge.

"Should I power up the turret?"


Fill yer boots, mate.  When it kicks off, it'll kick off big time.
Arbiter
 GM, 392 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 21:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Selous take off for the rendezvous, leaving everyone else to return to the ship and seal it to prevent any more of the friendly natives from paying a visit.

After a bit more travel, the speeder and swoop leave the confines of the mesa field, moving out into a broad, open salt flat.

There's a small, dark dot on the horizon which resolves itself fairly quickly into the figure of a scraggly, rag-clad man standing in the whipping wind, seemingly uncaring about the stinging, alkaline grit that pelts his skin.

He watches Roice and Selous approach calmly, not moving a muscle in reaction to their appearance.
Garret Haskel
 player, 268 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 23:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret went back to the access shaft to the turret and climbed the ladder; his injured arm protesting slightly. Once in the seat he strapped in, put on the com headset and powered up the targeting computer, as well as the turret systems.

"Systems online and ready to fire."
Harry Selous
 player, 69 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 01:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry hung back as the speeder came up on the old man. Harry was wary of everything they might run across on this planet, and he wasn't gonna expose himself till they new what was going to happen.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 201 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 02:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Heads up, Last Resort, we're at the rendezvous.  Standby for actions."

Roice slows the speeder to a stop about 25 meters from the man.  He stands up in the seat and holds up one hand for a moment in signal.
Arbiter
 GM, 393 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 12:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The man raises a hand in response to Roice, but stays where he is.  He's shouting something, but neither of you can hear it over the sound of the wind and your respective vehicle engines.
Harry Selous
 player, 70 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 13:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'll go up and see what he wants." Harry says as he pulls up beside Roice, "don't turn off that speeder."

Then Harry moves forward, bringing his swoop to a stop beside the man, but not turning off the engine.

"Repeat that please." Harry says to the man, one hand kept near his new slug thrower.
Arbiter
 GM, 394 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 18:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I SAID!" the man shouts more loudly than is required, then switches to a more normal tone, "shut off those damn engines before the sandslashers hear you!  They know that speeder engines go hand in hand with food."

He looks around nervously, as if expecting these "sandslashers" to simply pop up out of nowhere and attack, but there's no sign of any impending doom.  "I thought you smugglers was s'posed to have a ship?"
Harry Selous
 player, 71 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 22:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We do. It's around. We figured it'd be best to keep some of our cards off the table in case this was a double cross." Harry said as he shut down his swoop, signaling for Roice to do the same.

Harry figured that if they got jumped, they'd be able to start their engines and book it before they could suffer any real damage, and with the distance between them, it'd make it difficult for both of them to get taken down at once.

"Alright, we brought a sample of the merchandise so we can discuss the price before we bring in everything. Go ahead and make your way over to the speeder, and the Captain will handle things from there."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 202 posts
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 02:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice sees Harry's signal, and leans down to the microphone before he cuts the engines.  "Last Resort, go to hover."

He crosses his arms and waits.
Arbiter
 GM, 395 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 15:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The miner nods, visibly relieved as both vehicles are shut down.  He walks over to the speeder.

The man doesn't miss the damage to the speeder and comments, "I thought I recognized that swoop.  Horace and his bunch try to jump you?  Hope you didn't hurt them too bad, we've got a quota to meet."

He unlashes and opens one of the crates--the previously unopened one, which is revealed to contain blankets--and nods approvingly.  "Yeah, looks like your boss got it right." He peeks inside the other crate and smiles, pulling out a pair of sturdy boots.  "Thank god," he says, putting on the footwear and sighing in relief.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 114 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 16:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice sees Harry's signal, and leans down to the microphone before he cuts the engines.  "Last Resort, go to hover."

He crosses his arms and waits.



Bridge Comlink
Sparks to all hands, secure all hatches, power to thrusters, prepare the launch.

17:12, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,2,2,{Wild}4. Starship Piloting.