3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Timothy Strickland
 player, 119 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 00:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7-P10:
Chirping and blipping sullenly to himself for a moment, the astromech makes more straightforward-sounding noises, followed by Chatterbox's explanation.  "He says that at their present speed they will reach the area the Captain is waiting in approximately 10 minutes.  At our present rate of speed, we will reach that same area in approximately 2 minutes."


Bridge via Ships Comlink
Comms to all hands, ETA 2 minutes.  Stand by to exchange cargo immediately we land.  Boss, Sec Ops 2 (Verik?), and Engines get the crates by the ramp now please.  We got 9 minutes to get off this rock.
External comms to Speeder
Comms to Flight.  We've got 9 minutes to seal the deal safety.
Garret Haskel
 player, 273 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 00:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If you line up the shots I can try slowing them down while the crates are unloaded."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 206 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 01:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice relays the ETA to the miners, even if they heard it.  "Nine minutes!"

He heaves a box off the speeder.  "Then something's going to happen," he mumbles.
Agial'ili
 player, 176 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 07:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
With the take off, she had moved closer to the cockpit to learn what was happening this time. Then she heard arriving in 2 minutes and the 10 minutes of the nasty critters. They would have to hurry to unload things in time.

"Everyone who can be spared come to the cargo bay so we can get the cargo of and on quickly. I'll lower gravity inside to make it easier from our side."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 22 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 15:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7's strident beeping is followed by Chatterbox's translation via headset: "Q7 politely requests that you don't fiddle with the gravity while we're on a planet, please.  He's saying something about repulsor settings and..." the droid brain sighs. "I have no idea what you're saying, you silly sphere!  Yeah, yeah, so's your programmer...  Anyway, I think it's probably a bad idea to fiddle with our gravity settings right now..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 120 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 16:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bridge
Leave the gravity settings, just haul ass Engines!  Guns, bringin' the guns to bear...

Sparks will bring the ship around in an arc, landing close to the speeder, with the guns bearing towards the beasties behind them.  The ramp will be lowered as the ship lands.
17:25, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 17 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,1,{Wild}5,6. Starship Piloting.
Agial'ili
 player, 178 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 17:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She vowed to go with Q7 over the whole ship, making sure that no more surprises were hidden anywhere. She hated working in the blind.

"Okay okay, but then I need everybody here to get these crates moving, they are heavy."
Arbiter
 GM, 409 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 17:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The ship comes in for a landing, kicking up dust and grit as it settles close to the speeder.

Outside, the miners shift nervously, waiting for the signal to proceed.

Inside, Chatterbox points something important out to Strickland.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 13 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 17:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Just thought you'd like to know that the chin lasers are controlled from the bridge and...  How did you describe it, Q7?  Nevermind, I remember.  They're fixed, the turret doesn't traverse.  So, you can only shoot in a straight line."
Agial'ili
 player, 179 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 19:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Uhm point the nose in the dirction where we expect the critters to come from?"

She opened the loading ramp. "Hurry we got 8 minutes before it gets interesting"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 121 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 20:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Chatterbox:
"Just thought you'd like to know that the chin lasers are controlled from the bridge and...  How did you describe it, Q7?  Nevermind, I remember.  They're fixed, the turret doesn't traverse.  So, you can only shoot in a straight line."



Bridge
Comms to Guns.  We've got one shot, before they scatter out of our fire arc.  I'll wait for your mark.

Sparks activates the targetting computer and gets a bead on the approaching beasties, using ships sensors.
Harry Selous
 player, 80 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 20:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry moves, waiting for the ramp to drop, then going inside to start unloading the crates. He keeps his blaster on the top of the crates that he is carrying, just in case the miners want to play tricks, or the animals show up early.
Garret Haskel
 player, 274 posts
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 14:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Understood comms. Two, one, mark."

Garret opened fire when he said mark, hitting as many of the animals as he could.

OOC: You rolled 17 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system ((5,1,{Wild}2,3,6)).
Timothy Strickland
 player, 122 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 15:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Garret Haskel (msg #814):

Sparks opens fire on the command 'mark'.


16:11, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 16 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,3,6,{Wild}4,1,1. Starship Gunnery.
Arbiter
 GM, 410 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 18:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
As Selous, Forem, and Agial'ili scramble to move the remaining 8 crates to the bottom of the ramp, Haskel--in the turret--and Strickland--on the bridge--open fire on the oncoming horde of lizard-rats.

Strickland's long-range shot hits the pack dead-center, sending several predators flying as the ground explodes beneath them.  Haskel's shot arcs uselessly through the air, the turret unable to depress its fire arc enough to fire at the ground.

The animals scatter, spreading wide to avoid the ship and its deadly beams of light, but keep coming.  It's hard to gauge their number at their current distance, but it's a lot.  Their screeching, grunting calls along with the rumble of their running feet permeate the air as the close in.

"'Slashers!" the lead Miner shouts, sending the others running for the disguised underground hatches in a panic.  "Not all a' you, idiots!" he bellows.  "Turvo, Raeks, Hanson, grab some guys and come get these damn crates!"  Three of the miners reluctantly stop fleeing and, grabbing a few more men, rush over to the ship to pick up the crates as the crew brings them down.

"Get back on your ship as soon as you can," the miner says to Roice, "Them 'Slashers are out for blood and the only way your safe is to be above or below 'em." He lifts the crate by his feet (the initial inspection spice crate) into the passenger seat of the speeder and nods to Roice, "Good luck, and thanks for the boots..." Then he's off, running to help one of his men carry a crate towards a hatch.

OOC: Two rounds until the sandslashers get here.
Garret Haskel
 player, 275 posts
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 18:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Comms, retract the front landing gear so that I can get a firing angle."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 23 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7's incredulous blat needs no translation, but Chatterbox chimes in via headseat with "WHAT!?!"
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 30 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 18:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola, still slouched in the passenger's seat (but with his heavy blaster conspicuously at the ready in his lap), throws his head back and guffaws.
Garret Haskel
 player, 276 posts
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 19:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Do you want me to kill those things while they are outside or should we wait for them to get inside the ship first? Retract the damn landing gear!" Garret almost yelled through the intercom.
Arbiter
 GM, 411 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 19:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: 1 of the 3 spice crates is loaded on the speeder, the other two are nearby.

Between the two brought by Roice and Selous, and the offload by the crew, the miners have retrieved 5 of the 10 boxes.  5 more are still on board.

Tip: the remaining 5 crates don't have to be gently offloaded...

Timothy Strickland
 player, 123 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 22:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
OOC: Two rounds until the sandslashers get here.


Hang on a minute!  We has seven minutes 1 post ago, now we got 2 rounds! Naughty Arbiter!!!!

Bridge to Speeder Comlink
Get everything and everybody on the speeder now! Stand clear of the ramp or you'll be a permenant resident on this rock.
Bridge to Turrent comlink
Stand by to fire....<Wait.  Give them a few seconds to get on the speeder.  Wait.> Mark!

PM
Agial'ili
 player, 180 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 22:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Seeing that the miners were running all over the place, she stopped offloading the crates. Those were unimportant. The other crates however were. Though there was no way that she was going outside with these things. So she ran to the panel, ready to close the blastdoors the second the ROA's were going to try to get aboard.

"Put those crates into the speeder and fly away, we will follow you!" She shouted to those still outside.
Garret Haskel
 player, 278 posts
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret tightened the straps holding him into the seat then aimed the turret slightly up from the hull.

"Understood comms, ready to execute."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 207 posts
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 01:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 81 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 05:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry drops the crate if he was still carrying it, grabbed his blaster, and ran for the spice crates. He tried to load them as quickly as possible on to the speeder, focusing on nothing else unless he was attacked by the dogs, or the crates were finished getting loaded.

If he finished quickly, he would jump on his swoop and follow the speeder.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:13, Sat 04 Sept 2010.