3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 413 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 14:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
With Strickland at the helm, the Last Resort does something that looks like its straight out of a movie.

The ship's repulsors thrum loudly and its attitude jets fire as it lifts up and pivots, standing on its nose several meters above the ground,  The remaining crates inside the hold (and any loose objects on the rest of the ship, more on that in a second) go flying.  The crates tumble out the front of the ship, falling to the ground below, where they roll and bump across the salt flat and wind up within reach of the few men who remain above ground.

The vertical move brings the ship's dorsal turret into position to fire, and Haskel--quickly recovering from the confusion of the unexpected stunt--takes the opportunity to blast a hole in the encroaching line of sandslashers, sending more predators flying and the others scattering.  This buys you all another round before they're on you.

Unsecured objects go flying about the ship, this includes people and droids.  Bola grabs onto his chair for dear life, cursing loudly in gutter Gungan as Q7 wails in surprise.  Forem and Agial'ili, still in the hold, are sent tumbling as well.

Thinking and acting quickly, Selous lunges for the two remaining spice crates and slams them up onto the Speeder, most likely pulling something in the process, but muscle aches can wait.

With a groan of overstressed hull and overworked repulsors, the ship begins to change direction, returning to the horizontal with the loading ramp positioned to slide under the speeder.

OOC: This is only the first half of the maneuver, but I'm splitting it and giving you all a chance to post because you've got some rolling to do (If you have character points, this would be a good time to use them).

Aggie: Roll a Dex to grab on to something and not get hurt falling in the hold (Difficult difficulty)

Selous: Make  Swoop Op. roll to get it started and maneuvered fast enough to get alongside the speeder (Moderate difficulty)

Roice: Make a Repulsorlift Op. roll to maneuver the speeder into position to get scooped up by the ramp (Moderate difficulty)

Haskel: You're strapped into the turret, so you're fine, no rolls required.


Special Edition Edit: Oops!  Had the ramp open in the wrong direction.  The scene has been amended with last-minute CG effects.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:27, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 181 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 15:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili just has time for one terrified scream before she gets tossed around in the hold like a ragdol and ends up sprawled in a most undignified position against the wall

OOC: 16:58, Today: Agial'ili rolled 2 (6 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,{Wild}1,3. Vainly avoid getting hurt in the hold. That's a miserable fail. Bring on the hurt.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 208 posts
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 16:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn rolled 15 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,4,6. Repulsorlift ops.

Seeing the crates loaded, Roice powers up the repulsor's engines and yells to Harry, "Go, go, go!"

He rams the control yoke to the side and spins the speeder, pointing its nose toward the ramp.

(OOC: Clarification- the loading ramp, does it egress fore or aft?)
Arbiter
 GM, 414 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 19:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Fore.  The whole front end of the ship is currently falling (hopefully under some sort of control) towards your head.

If I implied otherwise at some other point, chalk it up to there being no official schematics for this ship and me being unable to decipher my own chicken scratch.

Harry Selous
 player, 82 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 19:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
14:36, Today: Harry Selous rolled 25 using 2 dice and +2 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}6(+6+5).

Harry rushes over to the swoop, leaps aboard, turns on the engine, and spins it over beside the swoop, in the hopes of getting everything on to the ship safely and getting the hell off this planet.
Arbiter
 GM, 415 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 20:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The ship rolls and looms over the speeder.  Selous maneuvers expertly alongside the speeder and both he and Roice can't help ducking instinctively as the ship falls towards them.

Inside, both Agial'ili and Forem fail to grab onto anything to hold onto and are tossed violently around inside the hold.  The M3PO unit squawks in machine gibberish as he crashes against the railing of the bridge catwalk and is messily bisected, sparks and bits of metal and wire scattering around as he clatters in two pieces against the bridge bulkhead.

The Twi'lek is only slightly luckier.  She falls into the lounge, slamming bodily into the table bolted to the floor.  While she remains in one piece, there's no mistaking the sound and agonizing pain of her left femur snapping, dragging an involuntary shriek from her lips before she blacks out.

On the bridge, the ground rushes up towards the front viewport.  Strickland yanks hard on the control yoke, pulling the ship out of its fall as Q7 wails in shock and Chatterbox nearly blows out the headset earphones with his own shriek.  At the last instant, the ship levels out, scooping up the speeder, swoop, and a copious amount of dirt.  There's a groaning sound of protesting metal and the control board goes from all green with a few yellows to a whole lot of red.

Slamming his hand onto the panel, Strickland activates the ship's shield, surrounding it in a translucent bubble of force.  He kicks in the repulsors and lifts the ship a hundred meters into the air, stopping at that height and waiting for everything to stabilize.

OOC: That was insane.  Welcome aboard, Roice and Harry... ;)
Timothy Strickland
 player, 125 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 20:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks remains in the cockpit, motionless, silent, with not so much as a bead of sweat on his head, with a 1000 yard stare...
Garret Haskel
 player, 279 posts
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 21:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret whips off the headset and tasks the targeting computer with an auto-shut down sequence before unstrapping and sliding down the ladder. He had heard her scream sometime when the ship was anything but level and his first concern was to find her and assess her condition. He quickly searches the cargo holds before finding her in the lounge. Without moving Agial'ili, he examines her as best he can for injuries.
Harry Selous
 player, 84 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 21:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry shuts down the swoop as everything stabilizes. He grins and dismounts, checking to make sure all the spice crates are on board. It wouldn't do to come back without the goods. They were more important then any crew member on board.

Then, seeing Haskel taking care of the twi'lek, he made his way to the cockpit.

"Ballsy move." He says when he gets inside, "I liked it."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:24, Mon 06 Sept 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 416 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 12:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Oh, you don't need to be House to diagnose this patient... ;)

Aggie has numerous large bruises from her fall through the hold.  Also, her right lekku has a fairly substantial slash in it that's oozing blood.  Her left leg is bent at an angle that... well, let's just say legs aren't supposed to bend mid-thigh...  It's a good thing she's unconscious, because she'd be in severe pain otherwise.

Your first aid skill is not enough to determine if she has any internal injuries.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 209 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 01:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shuts off the speeder and jumps out.  He begins frantically looking through the rubble strewn about the cargo bay for a medpack.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 126 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 08:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks stares at the boards.  A systems check.  Sparks wills the red lights to disappear.  He checks Sensors to make sure there are no beasties in/on the ship.

Harry Selous:
"Ballsy move." He says when he gets inside, "I liked it."

"Like one shepperd said to the other, Let's get the flock outta here."
Afterwars, Sparks will venture outside to survey the damage in the hold.  Check the ramp for hydraulic damage, does it close?

It is only then that Sparks notices the injury to Agail'ili, asnd the damage to 4M.
Garret Haskel
 player, 281 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 13:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Not finding anything useful in the kit he brought from the medbay Garret scrounged the hold for anything useful. He quickly found a tool set, but he disregarded it, not wanting to use those unless all else failed. When his search turned up only a set of aged clothes made out of a light material, he went back and grabbed two of the longer tool and went back to Aggie.

He tore the old clothes into long strips, and wrapped two layers of the strips around each of the tools, then placed one on each side of her broken leg. He took out the last roll of bandage cloth and wrapped it around her broken leg to firmly hold the tools to it; silently cursing the lack of proper supplies all the while. He cut off the end portion of the bandage and wrapped it over the cut on her lekku as well. With that finished he went to the bridge.

"As soon as your done with diagnostics, set course for the nearest inhabited planet that has proper medical facilities. One of you come with me, I need help moving Agial to her bunk."
Harry Selous
 player, 85 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 13:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry had followed Strickland out of the cockpit and in to the cargo hold. At Haskel's words, he had to say something.

"Hang on. Our first and foremost objective is to complete the job. We go to wherever we're supposed to take this spice, and we get it off loaded. If our 'boss' allows it, then we can go to a medical center. Anyway, setting down on a inhabited planet with a bunch of illegal obtained spice might not be the smartest plan if we don't want to end up in the lock up again. That splint should be fine for now. She just needs some rest. Where as we need to finish our job and not get caught by any body."

Maybe it wasn't the nicest thing to say, but someone had to be practical, and not pissing off the law or the outlaws was very important to the survival of the crew, where as their mechanic not walking with a limp was not.
Garret Haskel
 player, 282 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 13:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"The ship didn't have any materials for making a splint. I used a pair of mechanic's tools wrapped in cloth strips to make it."

Garret went back to where he had left Aggie to wait for someone to come help.
Harry Selous
 player, 86 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 17:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"right, which makes a makeshift splint. That'll be fine so long as she keeps off her feet till we get these crates delivered. That should be priority number 1." Harry replies.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 128 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 18:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock

O.k boys, lets get Agail'ili to her cabin.  I had some medical training at the Academy, so will keep an eye on her.
Sparks will help Haskel to carry Agail'ili.

I'll double check if we have any medical supplies left
Arbiter
 GM, 417 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 13:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel sets and splints Agial'ili's leg to the best of his ability (fortunately for her, she stays unconscious through the procedure).

As you all stand and argue over your next course of action, Bola speaks up from the bridge gangway.  "Yoosa gonna bicker all day or yoosa ready to finish yoosa job, huh?"

The Gungan grunts in annoyance as Q7 pushes past him on the narrow gangway and hovers down to join the rest of you.  "Why don't you guys get Legs to her room," he says.  It's only then that you notice the speaker and collection of wires clutched in the droid's manipulator arm and plugged into one of his sockets.

"Is she all right?" Chatterbox's voice filters from the speaker.  "It's too bad we don't have a bacta tank on board," the droid brain  says.  "But I think there might still be a medkit or two in the crew stowage area."

"I'll get the kits," Q7 offers.  "Then I think I've got me some work to get to down in the engine room." He spins his optic to take in the shattered remnants of Forem.  "If one of you guys wants t'bring him down in a box or something, I'll see about gettin' him put back together, too."

The little droid floats off towards Crew Stowage without waiting for a reply.  The sound of irate muttering, something about "Only one around here that does any real work..." can be heard coming from Q7's makeshift speakerbox as he leaves the Lounge.
Garret Haskel
 player, 283 posts
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 14:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walks around and slips his hand under Aggie's shoulders and prepares to lift then carry her to her room.

"Let's get this done, and keep the broken leg as still as you can."
Arbiter
 GM, 418 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 15:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Between them, Haskel and Strickland carefully lift the injured Twi'lek, carrying her to her cabin.

Bola is leaning against the bridge door bulkhead, watching and smirking.

Q7 returns quickly with a pair of medkits, which he hands to Roice.  "That's the last two on board, Cap'n," the astromech says, then leaves to start trying to assess how much stuff Strickland broke.  At least, that's what he's grumbling about as he hovers away.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 210 posts
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 02:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Holding the medpacks, Roice stands for a moment in the relative quiet of the now empty but supply-strewn cargo bay.

He looks at the speeder, laden with containers of spice.  "Alright then," he says to nobody.

He starts walking toward Agial'ili's quarters when he does a quick crew tally in his head, then says, "Slag!" and rushes toward the empty cockpit.
Arbiter
 GM, 419 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 16:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Just as Roice reaches the cockpit, warning alarms blare and the ship rocks, loud concussions echoing through the cargo hold.

The sudden lurching movement sends those on their feet stumbling.

A second salvo of blaster fire peppers the upper shields and strikes the ground around the cockpit as a ship flies by overhead.
Garret Haskel
 player, 284 posts
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Hearing the laser blasts hit the ship's shields Garret recovers from his stumble and rushes out of Agial's quarters, then climbs back up the turret shaft. He climbs into the seat, straps in and then puts on the com headset while reactivating the targeting computer.

"I need eyes on target, get us moving."

OOC:
I am assuming the enemy ship is now outside the turret's field of fire.

Garret Haskel
 player, 286 posts
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 16:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 87 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 16:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry makes a move as well, going in to the cockpit to take control of the laser cannons at the front. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten about the patrol ships they'd had to sneak past to get to the planet in the first place.

"If we go right for him, I think we can probably take him down with both weapon systems." He says as he jumps on the controls.