3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Timothy Strickland
 player, 136 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 11:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks thinks about shuting the shields down completely, as this may prevent them from blowing up the next time they're hit [Advice/descretion of the GM would be cool just about now?!"?]

Shields are gone Flight! You're on your own!

12:41, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 2 (5 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,3,{Wild}1. Starship Shields.

Sparks re-focusses the sensors, emmitting a localised bust centered around the ship.  This renders the 'Trackers' sensors blind, but should also prevent any other ships from scanning or targetting the 'Tracker' either.  Should render enermy Fire Control mute!?!
12:41, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 21 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,4,{Wild}5,6. Sensors (Search).
Arbiter
 GM, 439 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 20:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland is unable to reorient the shields, but his sensor jamming seems to be just the thing to keep the ship from being toasted as the two incoming ships fire but miss.  Haskel returns fire, striking one of the ships--caught with its shields down.  The struck ship, a battered old Dianoga-class fighter, takes the hit and drops away, smoke and sparks billowing from the blaster damage.

The Skipray pilot behind is a better shot and closer to his target.  The Last Resort bucks as the pursuing craft nails the freighter in the backside again. The control board goes crazy as the the shields are knocked offline and the engines stutter, the ship losing forward thrust for a moment.

"Umm..." Chatterbox says, fretfully, his normally cheery persona overidden by the fidgety worry of a typical protocol droid, "I don't really know what Q7 is saying, but judging by the amount of smoke and the words I do understand--and choose not to relay; such a dirty mouth on that droid, honestly!  Anyway, I think he might need some help down in the engine room."

"I'm on it..." Bola snarls, seemingly irritated that he has to get off his butt to help save the ship and all aboard.  "Gettin' us to Hyperspace, Delfeen," he growls as he runs off towards the engine room.

OOC: You're now out of the planet's gravity well and free to jump.

New Initiative

Haskel
Strickland
Roice
Patrol ships (3)
Selous
Aggie (if you feel like doing anything other than blacking out again from the pain)

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:26, Sun 03 Oct 2010.

Garret Haskel
 player, 295 posts
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 20:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret tracks and fires at the remaining ship until it travels out his targeting range.

"Hurry and get us out of here before that blast boat disables anything else."

OOC:
16:30, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 22 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}5,6,5. turret damage.
16:30, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 38 using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,4,6,6,5,{Wild}6(+4). turret control.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 217 posts
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 00:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice selects Q7's microjump memory slot from the astrogation computer and says, "Grab onto something, here we go."

He initializes the program by pounding his fist onto the activator, and pushes the hyperdrive throttles to full, waiting for the familiar lurch as the ship navicomputer takes over...
Timothy Strickland
 player, 137 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 13:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks will try to re-initialise the shields AND will continue to focus the scanners on the skiprays to disrupt sensore/targeters.


14:14, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 14 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}2,1,4. Sensors (Jamming).
14:14, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 13 using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}4,3,5. Starship Shields.

Arbiter
 GM, 443 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 22:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel blows the second oncoming ship out of the sky before anyone even has a chance to see what kind it is, the explosion of its fuel core going up lighting the cockpit interior in garish orange.

Strickland gets the shields back up and keeps the pursuing Skipray blind and mute as Roice slams his hand down on the control panel and the ship lurches drunkenly into lightspeed acceleration.

The Last Resort catapults out of the system, shooting through Hyperspace for only five minutes before dropping back out with a groan and a shudder into normal space.

Static crackles across the headset and Bola's voice grates through the interference, "The meekanik, it be takin' 'da engines offline," the Gungan says.  "Weesa ventin' fuel from 'da starboard thruster." The comm line cuts off just as instantly as it activated.  The ship's engine noise dies, leaving things eerily quiet on board.

"Well," Chatterbox chimes in, "That was quite the harrowing escape, huh, guys?"

OOC: Sorry to cut off the remaining actions, but once Roice hit the button, there wasn't anything else to do...

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:10, Mon 04 Oct 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 98 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 02:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"This ship really is a piece of junk." Harry mutters, taking off his headset and climbing out of the forward gunner's seat, giving the console one last kick out of frustration that it was busted.

"If things keep going this way, we're gonna end up suffocated because the life support systems went out while we were floating dead in space, before being found by salvagers, who tare this thing apart for scrap."

He heads for his room, "Call me if we need to shoot anybody on board."
Garret Haskel
 player, 297 posts
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 15:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret put the turret system on standby, then climbed down the ladder. He hoped that the blind jump would enough to lose their pursuers. He went back to Agial's quarters to check on her condition. He was a bit surprised to see her awake so soon.

"I'm surprised your awake already. I've patched you up best I could with what we have on hand. Your leg is secured and you can get out of the bunk if you wish, but you still should take it easy until we can get you to a bacta tank."
Agial'ili
 player, 193 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 16:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"How bad is she?" she asked worriedly.

She was obvious in considerable pain but with a look of determination on her face:
"If you can give me some painkillers and assistance to move around, then I might be of help repairing her"
Garret Haskel
 player, 298 posts
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 18:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Unfortunately, I used up the last of what we had earlier. You'd be in worse pain now if I hadn't used anything to reduce the pain. The ship is pretty beat up right now, I heard Bola mention we are venting fuel from the starboard engine aws I took the headset off."

Garret picked up the crutch that was leaning against the wall, and stepped over to help Agial get up.

"Don't put any weight on the broken leg or I'll have to set it again, and take it easy. Rest when you get tired and don't try picking anything up that takes more than a single hand."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 218 posts
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 01:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shuts down all nonessential systems, but keeps scanners at passive, just to be safe.

He zeros out the console numbly and sits in silence at the pilot's station for a moment.

"Well.  I... guess it could have been much worse."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 31 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 04:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Not long after shutdown, Bola comes out of the engine room, wiping grease from his hands with a rag.  His gravelly voice echoes up the gangway, audible up in the bridge.  "Weesa losin' a lot of fuel," he says.  "The ship's gonna fly, but yoosa won't be takin' the scenic route if yoosa wantin' to make the delivery and not end up stranded inna deep space.  That damn meekanik's still workin' onna engines.  Had about all I gonna stand of it.  One a yoosa meat go helpin' it," he snarls, tossing the rag over his shoulder and heading to his cabin.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 14 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 04:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Chatterbox speaks to Roice over his headset.  "Captain Delfinn," he says, "Q7 asked me to tell you that we're close to a main hyperspace lane.  He says it's the most direct route back to where we came from.  He says he'll be too tied up to calculate the jumps himself, but that the navicomp--dumb as that decrepit old thing is--should be able to plot at least two or three transfer coordinates.  After that he should have enough time to plug in down at his console and modify the route for maximum fuel efficiency."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 138 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 07:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice shuts down all nonessential systems, but keeps scanners at passive, just to be safe.

He zeros out the console numbly and sits in silence at the pilot's station for a moment.

"Well.  I... guess it could have been much worse."


Got out with the cargo, everyone alive, and got some kills under our belt - could've been much worst!

Sparks scans the sensors briefly before leaving the cockpit,

I'll ckeck on Agail'ili, see if I can help...
08:50, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 14 using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,3,5. First Aid.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 219 posts
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 03:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods at Strickland, then says into the intercom, "Understood Q7, I'll bring it online and let it start calculations.  Chatterbox, the bridge is going to be unmanned, so sound a klaxon if there's so much as a piece of space dust pinged on the scanners."

He stands and makes his way down to the cargo bay, intent on securing the "delivery."
Arbiter
 GM, 445 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 04:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: The sensors are clear.  No sign of pursuit or any other ships within scanning range.  Looks like you've all got some breathing room for now.

You leave the bridge and find Haskel helping the battered Twi'lek out of her room.

Roice: The hold is a mess, loose objects scattered about from Strickland's crazy maneuver back on the planet.  The speeder and Selous' swoop are right where you left them parked, however, and the crates of spice appear to be undamaged.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:40, Mon 11 Oct 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 99 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 13:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry heads towards his room to stash all the various things he had already collected. He laid out his multiple weapons, and objects of interest, and the began to strip and clean them. Proper maintenance allowed for proper functioning, and that was what he needed, especially considering what had happened with the last mission. Proper functioning, and a whole lot of luck.
Agial'ili
 player, 195 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 15:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Using Garrets shoulder as crutch, Agial'ili hops towards the engine room and looks around for the little droid, this time not forgetting the utility to trnaslate the droids whistles.

"Update me Q7, what is the status?"
Arbiter
 GM, 446 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 16:51
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The engine room is in surprisingly good shape considering everything that's gone on.  The chamber reeks of ozone and oily smoke, but there are no obvious signs of major damage.  Or of Q7.
Agial'ili
 player, 196 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 19:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Okay, now where is he?", instead of searching for the droid she hobbled to the console and set down on a stool. "Never mind, lets check out the diagnostics instead"
Arbiter
 GM, 449 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 19:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Aggie: The board is a mess.  It's clear that the shields will need to be recalibrated.  Life support is showing sporadic outages--nothing major or long-lasting enough to be noticed, but it could be a problem later.  And almost 2/3 of the ship's fuel is gone, most likely hemorrhaged out into space via a leak caused by turbolaser damage.
Agial'ili
 player, 197 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 22:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Right now there was one thing to do. Check to see if the damage control had been effective. To see if there are more leaks, if fuel can be saved. In her current state there was no way that she could move around to fix things and she hoped that little droid was working on that.

"Where is Q7? Chatterbox, anybody?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 302 posts
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 22:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Chatterbox said the droid was outside the ship patching the leak."
Agial'ili
 player, 198 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 22:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh that would make sense. Help me will you, I got to check our lifesupport to see the damage on that unit"
Garret Haskel
 player, 303 posts
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 23:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret helped Aggie get up and then held out a single crutch.

"Use this to get around. I'll stay nearby in case you need anything heavy to be carried around."