3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 450 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 00:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The life support systems seem fine at a glance, but it's impossible to tell without taking things apart if the power fluctuations are happening inside the machinery, or somewhere else in the power system.

A cursory examination of the ship suggests that it's safe to get back underway once Q7 returns from repairing the thruster.
Agial'ili
 player, 199 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 12:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
There was not much more to do then to wait for Q7 to return from it's task and Agie spends the time trying to find a comfortable spot for her to sit in.
Arbiter
 GM, 452 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 16:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Q7 returns from outside in short order and reports that the thruster is fixed.  Damage to the ship itself is minimal, but a leak linked to the damaged engine has led to the ship losing a lot of fuel.

According to projected fuel estimates the ship has enough gas to get back to port, but it will require a change of course.  Instead of taking a wider, more indirect route free of Imperial entanglements, the trip back will have to be along a heavily-trafficked hyperspace corridor.  Heavily-trafficked and heavily patrolled...
Agial'ili
 player, 200 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 21:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She listened to the grim news. "So if I understand correctly, we will have to travel through heavily patrolled space with cargo that will doom us the second they spot it?"

She looked around to see what the others thought of this dilemma.

"What do you guys think of the possibility to stash to stuff on a nearby asteroid and collect it at a later time?"


Garret Haskel
 player, 304 posts
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 22:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Would a ship like this have concealed compartments somewhere that could be used? Leaving the stuff on a rock might displease our employer a great deal."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 220 posts
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 23:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"This is exactly the kind of ship that has concealed compartments.  And if I know my uncle, they're good ones.

"Chatterbox, any idea where they are?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 15 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 00:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh sure," Chatterbox replies via headphone and Q7's scratchbuilt portable speaker.  "Master Veran had several extra compartments built into the ship for... interesting cargo he preferred go unnoticed.  "There are five spread around the main cargo hold, 2 in the lounge area, and two more in the engine room.  Q7 should be able to point them out to you.  Each compartment can hold approximately 500 kilos of contraba--err, cargo, if my memory banks are correct."
Agial'ili
 player, 201 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 10:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Thank you chatterbox. I hope you are right about your uncle mr Delfinn. Q7 can you point us where those compartments are so that those of us, still capable of proper movement can hide the cargo that needs to be hidden?"


Roice Delfinn
 player, 221 posts
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 20:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We'll find the best one for this," he motions to the crates of the illicit drug.

He thinks for a moment.  "Chatterbox, do you, Q7 and any of the other dedicated brains on board know the exact location of the hidden holds?"


(Edited to fix droid name... eventually I'll learn them.)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Sun 24 Oct 2010.

Chatterbox
 NPC, 16 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 21:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The droid brain chuckles, "Oh, there's just me in here.  Everything else is a computer--and let me tell you that navicomp is quite the dunderhead...  As for knowledge of the compartment locations, it's just me and Q7 since Master Veran... passed."

Chatterbox shakes off the sudden melancholy and continues, chipper as ever, "If you don't mind the suggestion, I think the compartments in the lounge would be your best bet for keeping this particular cargo as safe as possible.  The ones in the main hold aren't especially well-padded and the ones in the engine room can get a little warm."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 222 posts
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 22:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice winces a little as the droid misses his point.

"Chatterbox, what I mean is...  What is the probability that a clever and industrious CorSec Authority slicer would be able to search your backlog files for exact locations?"
Harry Selous
 player, 101 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 06:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Since we'll be going through heavily patrolled space," Harry said from his spot leaning back against the wall, "You think you could take a look at the forward weapons system? Damn thing wouldn't fire when we were fighting those other patrol ships, and if we get in a tight spot again, which I have no doubt we will, it'd be handy if they were working."
Agial'ili
 player, 202 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 07:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"It did not work? How strange, diagnostics showed no errors when I last checked it out. I even looked at it on our journey on the way in. Of course, you can't thoroughly test every system when you are in hyperspace. We really should have taken our time on that station where we got her from. If not for diligent work of Q7 and Chatterbox we would be facing even more failures."

Garret Haskel
 player, 305 posts
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 16:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Diagnostics can be mistaken sometimes. Is it possible to access the forward laser cannons without going outside?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 17 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 16:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice winces a little as the droid misses his point.

"Chatterbox, what I mean is...  What is the probability that a clever and industrious CorSec Authority slicer would be able to search your backlog files for exact locations?"

"Oh...  OH!" Chatterbox responds.  "Well, it would be boastful of me to say, but," he droid brain affects a prideful sniff of disdain, "There isn't a Slicer yet who's been able to hack me.  Master Veran installed some surprisingly unorthodox cybercombat modules into my processor when he was modifying me for my role as a communications specialist.  And," he adds, "the last person that tried to access Q7's databanks without authorization...  well..."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 24 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 16:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You don't want to know what an arc welder does to the crotchplate of Stormtrooper armor..." the astromech chortles through his speaker.  "But if you're interested, I've got holograms."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 139 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 18:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Chatterbox:
"Oh...  OH!" Chatterbox responds.  "Well, it would be boastful of me to say, but," he droid brain affects a prideful sniff of disdain, "There isn't a Slicer yet who's been able to hack me.  Master Veran installed some surprisingly unorthodox cybercombat modules into my processor when he was modifying me for my role as a communications specialist.  And," he adds, "the last person that tried to access Q7's databanks without authorization...  well..."


Sounds like a challenge to me. Grins Sparks.
Harry Selous
 player, 102 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 18:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'd like to see the Holograms" Harry said, grinning. Whether the diagnostics showed that the system worked or not didn't matter to him. What matters was that they hadn't worked when he'd needed them to.
Garret Haskel
 player, 306 posts
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 18:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I would enjoy seeing a stormie get shocked. Where is the access for the forward firing laser cannons? Aggie and I can take a look at it while we are drifting out here."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 25 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 19:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Some of the systems are accessible through the floorplates of the captain's quarters," Q7 responds, "But the real meat of the turret is EVA.  And since we've got no pressure suits..." the astromech sighs, "Looks like it's all me again..."

He hands the portable speaker to Roice, unplugging it from his power socket.  He beeps and warbles something, then hovers off.
Chatterbox
 NPC, 18 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 19:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ahem, well..." Chatterbox says as Q7 floats away, "I suppose I'll be your tour guide this evening...  The lounge compartments aren't very hard to find.  Both are in the floor underneath the table.  You'll need to unbolt it from the floorplates so you can move it.  Then, each compartment has a release switch hidden under a small triangular piece of decking."
Agial'ili
 player, 203 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 12:54
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Ah", said Agial'ili whiel she offered the appropriate tool to somebody else.

"You do the screwing bit, i'll supervise. The prospect of kneeling on the floor right now seems a bit impractical."
Arbiter
 GM, 454 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
With a bit of elbow grease on the part of the able-bodied members of the crew, you get the two compartments exposed in short order.  Of interesting note is that fact that both hidey-holes have magna-sealed lids (said field released by the hidden buttons).  Unless the buttons are pressed--a function that Chatterbox assures the group can be shut off manually from either the bridge or captain's quarters--it would take a plasma cutter to get into one of these sealed storage units.

Needless to say, the crates will be secure unless someone goes to great pains to get them out.
Agial'ili
 player, 204 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 16:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Now that looks promising" says Agial'ili as she eyes the setup with approval. "This might work after all"
Garret Haskel
 player, 307 posts
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 15:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret goes back to the cargo area and grabs a crate to carry back to the hidden compartment.

"If we keep this stuff hidden and don't do anything to call attention to ourselves we should be fine. Most people wouldn't think that we would already be carrying cargo. We haven't been gone from that place very long."