3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Chatterbox
 NPC, 19 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 15:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Just a thought, guys," the ever-helpful Chatterbox adds.  "Given everyone's rather mangled state, the general disarray of the ship, and our complete and utter lack of obvious cargo, you could probably pitch a sob story about a pirate attack to any Imperials that pull us over.  It would certainly jibe with the blaster damage to our backside."

OOC: As aside, even though medpacks may have done the job on the worst of the injuries, Haskel and Aggie look pretty rough.  Roice and Selous look fairly gritty, disheveled and windblown from their activities outside.  Only Strickland seems free of dirt, dust, and/or injury.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 140 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 16:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Chatterbox (msg #927):

Not forgetting 4M, who is in pieces, scattered around the hold.
Arbiter
 GM, 455 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 16:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
Not forgetting 4M, who is in pieces, scattered around the hold.

OOC: Yeah...  Poor guy...
Agial'ili
 player, 205 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 19:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"We need some papers to prove that and some false data on our sensors to show them the signatures of the pirates vessel. But it would be obvious why we fly around in a damaged vessel with a badly hurt crew and no cargo. So who will make the false signatures?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 308 posts
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 19:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"If we are going to use a sob story, we'll need to explain my injuries. Some help with these crates would be nice as well."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 141 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 08:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
"We need some papers to prove that and some false data on our sensors to show them the signatures of the pirates vessel. But it would be obvious why we fly around in a damaged vessel with a badly hurt crew and no cargo. So who will make the false signatures?"


Don't you worry yer pretty head about the details luv.  Leave that to me and CBox, that stuff's easy anyway. 
Harry Selous
 player, 103 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 12:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry started lifting the crates off the vehicles and putting them in to the secret compartments.

"We got hit by pirates and got out alive without any dead pirate bodies on board? Guess it's a better story then nothin." He said with a shrug, as he set down a crate, "Though anybody who works this area as a figure of authority can't be to bright."
Agial'ili
 player, 206 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 15:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"No, the original idea is good enough. We got out alive because after a few warning shots we surrendered and let them have the cargo"

"Not every pirate kills of their victims, it is easier to make people surrender to you when they get out alive in the process. You want survivors telling that when you cooperate they will only rob you"
Harry Selous
 player, 104 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 15:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry smiled. If he were a pirate, he wouldn't want survivors telling people he was out there.

"Whatever you say. I'm just muscle in this outfit." he said, setting down another crate.
Arbiter
 GM, 456 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 17:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In short order the crates are stashed in the compartments and the lounge put back together.  Q7 returns not long after to report on the laser cannons.  Apparently they're bent and filled with dirt--the astromech casts a glaring optic towards Strickland--and will require actual drydock time to get back into shape.

So, until you can find a repair yard, the ship's down to only one weapon system.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 142 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 18:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks can't supress a grin from sprouting across his , then returns to the bridge to start forging log entries etc.
Garret Haskel
 player, 309 posts
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 18:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Since the forward firing lasers are useless, we should redistribute the power to the shields. This ship has taken enough damage. When we get to the dry dock we need to upgrade that turret to full 360 degree rotation. I'll be near the turret access if anyone needs me."

Garret planned to be near the turret as much as possible so he could respond faster to attacks. He didn't like it that he had to rely on a turret with such a limited fire zone to defend the ship with. Nor was he pleased with being the only defense that it had.

He left to sit next to the turret access ladder.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 223 posts
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 16:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"'Dry dock,'" Roice mutters to himself as he sweeps the floor of the cargo bay.  "Sure thing.  We'll just pop into the nearest dry dock facility and put the ship up on hoists."

He casually inspects the speeder for damage.

"CBox," he says into the headset, "Begin a electrical and mechanical diagnostic and plot a handful of spots on the underhull that would be appropriate for a retractable proton torpedo launcher housing.  Clearance fore and aft...  We want to shoot them both directions.

"C7, start a final check of hyperdrive health and get the engines reprimed.  I'll get coordinates from Bola."
Agial'ili
 player, 207 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 21:02
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili hinked to the nearest couch to lie down again. She did not want to put her leg at more risk then was needed and the painkillers were starting to wear off.
Arbiter
 GM, 457 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 03:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In short order everything's squared away and the ship is back on course.  The jump to hyperspace goes off without a hitch (for once) and it looks like smooth sailing.

Bola gives up the final coordinates for rendezvous and Q7 makes the necessary course corrections.  The problem looming ahead is the Imperial checkpoint at Graphibia Beta.  While it's possible that the Last Resort could sneak around the checkpoint, the likelihood of being yanked out of hyperspace by an interdiction patrol is also fairly high.
Harry Selous
 player, 105 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 09:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry returned to his quarters and again maintained his weapons. There was little to do in space flight for hired muscle, and even less for a big game hunter. Now was the time for sleep and preparation for whatever might be coming.
Garret Haskel
 player, 310 posts
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 20:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret had set out a folding chair and was lightly dozing in it. If the situation changed he would be immediately awake and ready to act. He had shut down the turret completely before the ship had returned to hyperspace.
Agial'ili
 player, 208 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 19:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
There was not much to do except resting and making sure that her leg was jostled as little as possible. So she stayed in her bunk, studying the ships schematics on her datapad. After all, they wanted to remove that awful kill switch shortly. She now had the time to make up a plan how to do that.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 224 posts
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 20:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Sparks," Roice says as he enters the Bridge, "Make sure to file those logs under Sun Tracker.  I don't want to risk something we missed sending up a red flag with Imperial Security.  Also, no telling if someone monitoring chatter has picked up on a ship registered as Last Resort shooting its way out of a Hutt spice mine.  Chatterbox, get our transponder and registration codes put back like they're supposed to.  And for crying out loud," he settles himself in the captain's chair and throttles up the engine, "Everyone behave themselves in front of the Imps..."

OOC: GM post
Arbiter
 GM, 460 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 20:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The engines cycle up without any major complaints and Roice sets the ship to jump to Bola's coordinates.

Chatterbox reports shortly after entering hyperspace that the ship's transponder and registration codes have been reset for the Sun Tracker.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 144 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 21:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks gets on with falsifying the flight log, cargo manifest etc in preparation for Imperial interdiction.

21:08, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 9 using 2 dice and +2 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,{Wild}5. Forgery?.
Arbiter
 GM, 462 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 16:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The ship streaks through hyperspace, heading towards the inevitable run-in with the law.  It isn't too long before Chatterbox reports picking up hyperwave beacon broadcasts informing all ships to drop back to normal space at a set of coordinates and prepare for mandatory Imperial inspection.

"Put on your game faces, folks," Roice mutters.  He cuts the hyperdrive at the proper coordinates and the star field of regular space returns.

Except where it's blocked by the trio of Star Destroyers and the line of about a dozen ships ranging in size from common freighters to a massive Nebulon B frigate.  "YV-100 freighter, designation Sun Tracker," a voice crackles over the headsets (I'm assuming everyone is still wearing), "Join the queue and await the inspection team.  If you have a reason you need priority inspection or if you have a clearance code to bypass, transmit now."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 145 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 20:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks responds in his usual cool, calm and uber professional manner
"Copy Imperial Star Destroyer.  Sun Tracker heaving too and standing by."

Sparks switches to INTERNAL comlink for the rest off the crew only.
"Don't worry guys.  This IS a much larger interdiction than we would normally be expecting.  Just means they are looking for someone and will have little or no interest in us.

We just need to keep cool, keep our mouths shut, wait in line and the Imp's will let us go without any problems.  I know how they think, don't forget"

Harry Selous
 player, 108 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 21:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Unless it's us they're looking for." Harry said with a shrug, since whatever they did wouldn't change the outcome of this situation.
Agial'ili
 player, 211 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 21:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Here it comes", mutters Agial'ili as they get hailed by the ships. Glancing at the sensors she was amazed at the numbers of ships out there. So many and so huge. She could not imagine something threatening a single Star Destroyer. Three of those, it looked to her like a waste of resources.

"I hope that your story will be up for it's task Captain, or else we will be back at that prison planet."