3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Roice Delfinn
 player, 75 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 04:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Forem, we need to get that restraint bolt off of you."

He looks around the luxurious cabin.

"Something tells me that hydrospanners don't come standard in these quarters."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:31, Sun 25 Apr 2010.

4-M-3PO
 NPC, 9 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 04:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Indeed, Captain Delfinn," the droid replies.  "A cursory examination of our quarters shows a lack of objects that could have any alternate utilitarian or combat function.  I am not programmed for decorative aesthetics, but it does seem as if some items have been removed.  I would hazard to guess that our new employer doesn't fully trust us."
Agial'ili
 player, 16 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 08:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Satisfied with the knowledge that at least parts of the cabin were well monitored Agial'ili was happy to find out that due to the nature of the setup, there were a few blind spots to the sensors that she could use when needed. Satisfied with the information she turned towards the entertainment center of the cabin.

"What kind of music would you like?" she asked the small lizard.
Harry Selous
 player, 11 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 12:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry gave the door to his room a knock to get someone's attention. The one thing about jail he had liked the least was the bars and locks. He'd been a prisoner in a prison, now he was a prisoner on a luxury yacht. That was rich.

"Hey, somebody said something about food?" He called through the door.

When it opened, if it opened, he'd check to see what kind of security was outside, and if it would be possible to get out and wander the ship.
Garret Haskel
 player, 108 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 13:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You would be wise to not speak so plainly Roice. They will be recording everything we are saying, and are watching us. We can worry about the restraining bolt once we get to your ship."
Jared Verik
 player, 53 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 15:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
 With no one shooting at him, beating on him, or generally trying to make him dead in the last few hours Jared decided to mark today down as not so bad and do what he hadn't been able to do for long then he care to think about. Namely turn in early. So he drifted off to sleep unconcerned with locks or bugs or any such business, the bed really was much more comfortable then the prison's had been.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 76 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 23:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice shakes his head.  "You don't get it, do you.  If, right now, I verbally quoted a well-thought out and plausible plan for the prompt assassination of Gaylor Splynn, it wouldn't amount to a single atom of worry for him.  Don't you think he's thought all of this through already?  He's expecting us to try to slide our way out of it somehow."
Garret Haskel
 player, 109 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2010
at 23:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course our new employer doesn't trust us droid. The man is quite obviously not a fool. If you really want that bolt removed I suggest using the door. I could use some food and drink anyway."
Bulyip
 player, 61 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 02:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
"What kind of music would you like?"


Catching his attention, Bulyip shrugs his shoulders, asking, "I don't know,...do you sing? I like happy songs. Make my feet dance kind of songs. You sing like that?"
Arbiter
 GM, 186 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 03:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Shortly after Selous knocks, Splynn's protocol droid, TC-9, opens the door.  "Yes, Mr. Selous?  Is there something I can get for you?"

OOC: Selous, make a Perception roll, please.
Agial'ili
 player, 17 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 07:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Bulyip (msg #110):

"Happy dancing songs? No, I dot sing like that, but this machine here does. Wait", she kneeled down in front of the machine twigging with its controls to find some popular happy tunes. Noticing they had music from the famous band R'otahr IBung she selected that one. As reward a fast happy song emerged from hidden speakers, A blend of exotic instruments and a cheery raw voice singing.

She looked back towards the lizard: "This happy enough for you? Does it make your feet dance?"

She stood up, making a sweeping bow towards him and extended one of her hands: "Can I have this dance?"
Arbiter
 GM, 187 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 26 Apr 2010
at 14:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Selous: You almost instantly notice the large, dark-skinned man standing in the corridor behind the droid.  He's dressed in regular clothes, but everything about the man, from the way he carries himself to his haircut, screams "Security".  There's also a fairly conspicuous holstered blaster hanging from his belt.

He's not looking directly at you, but he's also not ignoring you, either.
Harry Selous
 player, 12 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 13:46
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry smiles, then looks to the droid.

"I could use a drink and maybe a sandwich." he said to the droid.

When the droid came back with the stuff, he'd see where the guard was, and go from there.

He stuck his head out of the corridor to check for any other guards.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 13 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 15:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Harry Selous (msg #114):

"Is there any tea?" calls 'Sparks' to the droid.
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I think I might just do that," Forem replies to Haskel's comment.  He steps up to the door and knocks.  It opens and the plain-clothes security guard is standing on the other side, staring impassively at the droid.

"What?" he says.

"My Captain and Private Haskel," Forem indicates Roice, "Would like some refreshment and ordered me to go get it for them.  Is this acceptable?"

The guard thinks for a minute, then nods.  "Yeah.  Just ask the Threep where the food is, she'll show you."

"Thank you, sir," Forem says, bowing in his best imitation of a humble protocol droid.  "I will return shortly with your meals, gentlemen," he says.  "Is there anything else you require, Captain?"
Arbiter
 GM, 188 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 15:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Selous: "Of course, Mr. Selous," TC-9 replies, bowing stiffly and backing up.  The door closes quickly, but you have enough time to peek out and do a quick scan of the corridor.  It looks like the one guard is the only one in the immediate area.

Strickland: Your door opens and TC-9 says, "I'm sorry, Mr. Strickland, did you need something?  I didn't hear your specific request."
Agial'ili
 player, 18 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 16:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Not making your feet dance does it? Hmmm, let me see how about this one?"

As the little lizard did not seem interested in the excellent dancing music, she tried another song and then another to find some music that the lizard would like. Just something to pass the time.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 14 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 17:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #117):

"TEA mate!  Is there any decent tea?"
Arbiter
 GM, 189 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 18:07
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Yes, Mr. Strickland," replies TC-9.  "The ship's galley is stocked with several excellent varieties.  We have Alderaan Green Mist, Kothunga Grey, a special blend from Neimoidia--a personal favorite of Master Splynn's, and an herbal mix that is good for relaxation.  I am on my way to the galley to fetch refreshment for Mr. Selous and would be happy to brew you a pot of whatever you would like."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 77 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 18:16
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice waves his hand and mumbles something nonchalantly in Hapanese.
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 18:20
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course, Captain," Forem nods, then heads off to find TC-9.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 15 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 21:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"a special blend from Neimoidia--a personal favorite of Master Splynn's,"



Anything good enough for Vice Prex Splynn is good enough for me.
Arbiter
 GM, 190 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 28 Apr 2010
at 21:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: "Very good, sir," TC-9 replies, bowing and stepping back as the door shuts again.  You catch a quick view of Delfinn's M-3PO, Forem, joining the protocol droid and the two of them heading off towards--you assume--the ship's galley.
Bulyip
 player, 62 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 02:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
"Not making your feet dance does it? Hmmm, let me see how about this one?"

Bobbing his head to the beat for a moment, he is rather distracted by the shine given off from a reflection in the room. Slow to respond to her questions, the diminutive Aleena looks back at her, realizing she was talking to him.

"It's good. Really." Understanding that she seems bored, he tries to show more interest in her. "You like to dance? You remind me of a holovid I saw once. Though the Twi'lek was less dancing, and more blue. What do you call those things on your head?" Stopping his rambling, Bulyip goes up towards the player that she's manipulating, and he looks ready to press and twist buttons and dials.
Agial'ili
 player, 19 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 10:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Go ahead, plenty to listen to", she said though didn't bother answering his questions. TH=he lizard did seem to have a very short attention span so why bother telling him something he would have forgotten that he had asked before she had finished speaking.