3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 191 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 16:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
TC-9 stops off at Verik's cabin briefly, but sees that he's sleeping and moves on.  The protocol droid and Forem make a final stop at the cabin shared by Agial'ili and Bulyip.

"I am fetching refreshments for your companions," TC-9 explains as it stands in the open door and looks in.  "Is there anything I can get for either of you?"
Agial'ili
 player, 20 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 29 Apr 2010
at 16:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh yes, I am hungry." With a bit of thought she ordered some food and beverage, curious how far the hospitality would go she ordered some snackfood as well, stuff that would keep and light enough to take with her.
Bulyip
 player, 63 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 02:12
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Looking up at the opening of their door, Bulyip listens to his Twi'Lek companions choices, and he gets hungry at the hearing of choices she makes. Nodding his head in agreement to her selection, Bulyip taps himself on the chest with his finger a few times, adding, "Me too! Same thing!" He says excitedly about wanting to eat and drink.
Agial'ili
 player, 21 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 06:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She smiles in amusement, the small lizard sure is a feisty little creature.  "What he says, bring him the same"
Arbiter
 GM, 192 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 15:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course," the droid says pleasantly, bowing.  "I will return shortly with your requested items."

The door closes, and in the brief instant before your view of the corridor is cut off, Forem flashes a brief, surreptitious thumbs-up gesture.
Garret Haskel
 player, 110 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 15:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Where do you plan on going once you get your ship back?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 78 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 17:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Exactly what Splynn tells us to do.  He's got his hands in many pots, and I imagine we'll be doing some unofficial stirring."

He plops down on a bed and makes himself comfortable.

"There will be ample opportunity for us to benefit from this as well.  The way I see it, we got our freedom, a chance to, ah, legally pay off our debts, and a potentially lucrative job in one fell swoop."
Garret Haskel
 player, 111 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 17:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I'm sure we will have some free time while doing this guy's work. I would like to pay Naboo a visit if we ever find ourselves nearby. I don't have any legal debts; except to Splynn of course; that need paying off. I just hope we don't have to go into Imperial Space to do these jobs. I don't think even this guy has the money to make treason and desertion charges disappear."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 79 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 18:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"You obviously haven't done much business in the Corporate Sector.  Given the choice, I'd much rather try to bribe an Imperial officer than a CorpSec Authority agent.  Imperials, they'll avoid bureaucracy and tedium if they can help it.  The CSA guys relish paperwork."
Garret Haskel
 player, 112 posts
Fri 30 Apr 2010
at 18:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Until I was conscripted I had never been off Naboo. I'm free of my forced service to them and free of that prison. I don't intend to get captured by them a third time."
Bulyip
 player, 64 posts
 Fear the Bulyip!
Sat 1 May 2010
at 02:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Seeing the droid give a thumb's up, Bulyip finds some amusement in the action, and starts to put his hand in a fist, and slowly bring his thumb out, more to the side than up. Twisting his hand to one side and then the other slowly, Bulyip relaxes his hand, wiggling his little fingers out before looking up at Agial'ili expectantly.
Agial'ili
 player, 22 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 1 May 2010
at 07:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She had no idea what they were using the hand signals for, nor what they meant, so she just shrugged and apologetically and went back to the music console to find some soothing music to help her relax a bit.
Arbiter
 GM, 194 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 May 2010
at 15:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The droids return in short order carrying trays of food and drink.

Agial'ili and Bulyip: As requested, TC-9 brings you food, drink, and a selection of snacks.  There's far more of the latter than you need immediately, perhaps the droid is just happy to be serving people instead of acting as an impromptu warden?

Forem nods to the two of you, then says to his fellow droid, "I will take these to Captain Delfinn and Corporal Haskel." He heads off down the hall with his tray.

"I hope this will do for now," TC-9 says as it hands over the food.  "Since you made no specific requests, I tried to bring you a range of items that I know are palatable for both Twi'leks and Aleena."

OOC: There are snacks and they are tasty.  Feel free to indulge your imaginations.  I didn't have time to do in-depth research of Star Wars snack foods. ;)

Roice and Haskel: Forem enters, the door closing behind him.  He's carrying a tray with some sandwiches and a pair of tall mugs.  Setting the tray down, he picks up the mugs and brings them to Roice, saying something in Hapanese.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 80 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 16:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice nods and fishes around in the mugs.
Garret Haskel
 player, 114 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 16:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So, what's on the menu?"

He didn't sound very interested, as he doubted the ship had any kind of delicacies that came from Naboo.
Arbiter
 GM, 195 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 May 2010
at 17:35
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Haskel: Roice pulls a butter knife from one of the mugs.  The other contains a 2-prong serving fork.  Neither are what one would call "weapons"...

"All of the cutlery was secure," Forem explains.  "I managed to sneak out these while TC-9 wasn't looking.  I'm lucky she isn't permanently assigned to this ship.  If she'd had a manifest of galley utensils there's no way I would have gotten anything out of there."

Indeed, there are no Naboo delicacies on the plate.  But the sandwiches are thinly-sliced roast bantha, and there's a bowl of nerf-liver pate with toast points on the side.  It's definitely better than the last prison meal you remember eating.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 81 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 18:19
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice looks at the droid with chagrin.  "You had to sneak eating utensils out along with a platter of things to eat?  Clever."

He takes the knife and says, "Come here."  He motions to Forem's restraining bolt.  "Let's see if we can pry that thing off."
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 12 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 18:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"There's a reason I brought you sandwiches and pate, Captain," Forem replies, sounding miffed.  But he dutifully steps forward as instructed.  "Please be careful," he asks, "this is definitely not standard operating procedure as described in my owner's manual..."

OOC: Make a Droid Repair roll.  This will be a Very Difficult action (how Very Difficult I'm not going to say :P).

Good luck.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 82 posts
Mon 3 May 2010
at 21:39
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Relax, this shouldn't hurt a bit."

Before he does any actual prying, Roice pokes and prods around the bolt for a few minutes, examining it carefully and trying to piece together exactly how it interfaces with the droid control neurology.

(Shall I make a Droid Programming check?)
Arbiter
 GM, 196 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 3 May 2010
at 21:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
OOC: Go for it

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:40, Mon 03 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 13 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 3 May 2010
at 22:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry just waited by the door for the droid to come back. He was running thoughts and plans through his head to decide what he should do when it got there.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 83 posts
Tue 4 May 2010
at 00:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
It takes Roice only a few seconds to realize that he's in way over his head concerning improvisational droid surgery, and he rolls his eye as he discards the utensils.

(Yeah, don't even bother looking at the result, unless you're in the mood for a laugh.)
Agial'ili
 player, 23 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 4 May 2010
at 08:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Taking her share of the food, she found a nice spot to sit and started to eat the food with relish. The food was very good and tickled her taste buds in the right places. She enjoyed it enormously, now that was a droid worth having. She didn't touch the snacks, just hid them all over her gear and clothing. Those would be for later use, if needed.

Then her eye fell on a data access port, conveniently close to music console. Considering the locations of the sensors she figured that she could pretend to select and browse the music while accessing the port.

She emerged from her char and said, lets find us some nice music and moved to the music console again. Pretending to browse through the music, she quickly got her pocket computer out and plugged it in. Let's see what you can tell me of our destination my little pet.
Arbiter
 GM, 197 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 4 May 2010
at 17:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: TC-9 brings you a tray with teapot, mug, and cream and sugar.  "Here you are, Mr. Strickland," it says.  "I hope you enjoy it."

Roice: Forem can't help but breathe a synthetic sigh of relief as you back off of your plan to go after his restraining bolt.  "Thank you, Captain," he says, "I was about to tell you the odds of success in your attempt, but I was afraid that would only make your hands shaky."

Agial'ili: You plug the little computer into the dataport and a message appears on your screen.  [GREETINGS, MISS AGIAL'ILI] it says [APPARENTLY THE GUARDS DID A POOR JOB OF SEARCHING YOU WHEN YOU WERE BROUGHT IN FOR OUR LITTLE TALK.  I DON'T BLAME THEM, YOUR OUTFIT WOULD MAKE IT DIFFICULT FOR ANY MALE SAPIENT TO CONCENTRATE ON HIS WORK.  HERE IS THE DATA YOU REQUESTED: . . .]

The screen fills with info on the ship's destination: a CSA ship impound yard orbiting the planet Malvik V.

Once the datafeed is finished, the message returns, only this type it appears as if it's being typed out realtime.

[WHILE I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO CONVEY TO YOUR COMPANIONS--YOU MAY RELAY THIS MESSAGE THROUGH TC-9 IF YOU WISH--THAT WHILE I APPRECIATE HIGH SPIRITEDNESS IN MY EMPLOYEES, I WOULD PREFER IF THEY NOT TEAR UP MY PRIVATE YACHT OR ENGAGE IN ANY FOOLHARDY BEHAVIOR WHILE ENJOYING THE AMENITIES.  REST ASSURED THAT ONCE THE SHIP IS IN FREE SPACE AND CLEAR OF OBSERVATION I INTEND TO GIVE YOU ALL RESTRICTED BUT REASONABLE ACCESS TO THE FACILITIES ON BOARD.  NOW, IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO DISCONNECT YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE SHIP'S SYSTEMS.  ALSO, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE TREATS, TC-9 IS SUCH AN EXCELLENT COOK AND I KNOW IT'S GLAD TO HAVE PEOPLE TO WAIT ON.  SPLYNN OUT.]

The screen goes dark.
Agial'ili
 player, 24 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 4 May 2010
at 18:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
She stared at her datascreen, unplugged the pocket computer and made a formal elegant bow to the camera's in a manner that spoke of years of dance training. Then she rang for TC-9.