3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Jared Verik
 player, 54 posts
Wed 5 May 2010
at 04:49
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Jared rolled over, deep asleep and having a rather pleasant dream the nature of which is simply no one else' business. This was by far the most comfortable he had been in a long long while.....
Harry Selous
 player, 14 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 5 May 2010
at 06:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry shrugged when the droid took so long to get to his room. Now his desire to beat someone had subsided in favor of a desire to sleep and maybe grab some chow before their 'missions' started.
Arbiter
 GM, 202 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 May 2010
at 12:44
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Seeing that Strickland had nothing further to say to the droid, TC-9 leaves the tray and moved on.

It finally delivers the last tray of food to Selous' room.  "Here you are, Mr. Selous," it says, setting down the food and drink.  "Is there anything else I can do for you?  Perhaps you would like some new clothing?" its skeptical disdain of your current outfit is obvious as the protocol droid looks you over.  "I was going to fetch new outfits for Mr. Strickland and Miss Agial'ili as well.  That poor girl is going to catch her death of cold at our destination if she wanders around dressed as she is now." the droid tuts disapprovingly and shakes its head.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:57, Wed 05 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 16 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 5 May 2010
at 17:23
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry sat up and gave a look to the door, but decided to forget about it. HE took a drink from the tray as the droid spoke of clothing.

"Sure, you can bring me new clothes, but nothing to tight or brightly colored. Wouldn't be a good hunter if I couldn't move or blend in a little. As for the Twi'lek, I doubt she'd want to change. That sort of clothing is all I ever see her people wear."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Wed 05 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 203 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 May 2010
at 18:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh, I have just the thing for you!  And I believe it's even in your size!" TC-9 enthuses, rushing out of the room.  As the door closes you can hear it mutter "Well, I'm at least going to get her to wear a jacket!  That much exposed skin is just asking for frostbite."
Arbiter
 GM, 206 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 May 2010
at 17:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
After a day or so of hyperspace travel, Splynn lives up to his word and you are all released and given wider access to the ship.  The plainclothes security guard watches you all like a hawk, but otherwise remains in the background while you enjoy the luxury accommodations on board the yacht.

Another day's travel sees you come out of hyperspace on the outskirts of a system lit by a small, dim red dwarf star.  The ship passes within near orbit of a planet Agial'ili's computer indicates is Malvik VI.  The view out the ship's windows is unpleasant; Malvik VI is a blasted, lifeless rock with a swirling atmosphere of miasmic smog and pollution.  There's a convoy of massive cargo vessels orbiting the planet like a man-made ring, with smaller shuttles ferrying back and forth from the surface.

The ship continues on past this sight and into empty space, Malvik VI fading into the distance behind.  It's several more hours before the ship begins to slow and you catch sight of another planet.  Like the previous world, Malvik V is a dead, polluted ball of rock.  As the ship moves into orbit over the world you can see huge scars on the surface, signs of strip-mining on an almost unimaginable scale.

Ahead, orbiting over the planet, is your destination.  CSA Impound Yard G-574 is a battered old Lucrehulk cargoship--Clone Wars surplus--that's been refit as a space station.  The ship's titanic cargo arms appear to be landing bays, with dozens of freighters and similar-sized ships parked, and a few larger ships tethered to the station by docking tubes.

The yacht slips between the semi-circular docking arms and heads for the spherical habitation/control section in the middle.  A large hatch opens, revealing another docking bay, that the ship slips into and comes to rest in the small, single-ship bay.  There's a brief moment of disorientation as the yacht shuts down and you go from its artificial gravity to the slightly lighter pull of the station's internal gravity.

TC-9 meets you at the exit ramp.  “I have been ordered to give Miss Agial’ili and Mr. Strickland these,” she hands each of you a bundled toolkit.  “Master Splynn would like you to begin examining the Sun Tracker’s systems as soon as you are on board.” It bows to the rest of you, “It has been a pleasure serving you, and I wish you well on your journey.”

The nameless security guard escorts you down the ramp, where you are met by a male Arconan in dirty fatigues.  “You here to pick up or drop off…?” he asks in a disinterred monotone, his gold-colored eyes not bothering to focus on any of you specifically.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 85 posts
Fri 7 May 2010
at 17:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Pick up.  I'm Roice Delfinn, and we're here to retrieve the Sun Tracker."
Arbiter
 GM, 207 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 May 2010
at 18:05
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The reptilian humanoid waves a disinterested hand and mutters, "Pick Up's this way.  Follow me." He trudges off towards an airlock in the back of the bay.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 18 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 7 May 2010
at 18:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock

Sparks will fall in behind Captain Delfinn, following the Arconan..
Garret Haskel
 player, 119 posts
Fri 7 May 2010
at 19:00
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret follows the Arconian as he leads them to the airlock. He looks around, taking in the surroundings, and the various beings in the area.
Agial'ili
 player, 29 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 7 May 2010
at 22:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Checking the bundled toolkit Agial'ili follows the others. Turning to Mr. Strickland she asks: "I think we best start with a check of the Reactor Core before we move to the Impulse and Hyperdrive Engine, do you agree?"
Harry Selous
 player, 17 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 7 May 2010
at 23:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry rolled his eyes. They give the mechanics tools, but no guns for the fighters. What a nice notion. He was sure they could all survive whatever was coming without weaponry.

"Alright, let's get to the ship I guess." He said with a shrug, walking off after the rest of the crew.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 19 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 8 May 2010
at 08:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili:
Turning to Mr. Strickland she asks: "I think we best start with a check of the Reactor Core before we move to the Impulse and Hyperdrive Engine, do you agree?"


Sparks glanced at the Twi-Lek briefly, seemimgly unmoved by her physical attributes...

"You fill yer boots luv.  I'm a flight tech, so I'll start in the cockpit with the avionics."
Agial'ili
 player, 30 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 8 May 2010
at 10:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
"You fill yer boots luv.  I'm a flight tech, so I'll start in the cockpit with the avionics."


If she missed him not glancing at her assets, she didn't show as she was busy going over things in her mind.

"That's fine, I'll try to give you power as soon as I can. But with a cold bootup from a reactor that can take a while. You might consider bringing a powerdroid in the meantime"

Roice Delfinn
 player, 86 posts
Sat 8 May 2010
at 16:48
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Hearing the others talk ship-tech, Roice inwardly heaves a sigh of relief.  He begins to formulate a couple of questions to ask the bored spacedock worker, but thinks better of it and follows the Arconan in silence.
Arbiter
 GM, 208 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 10 May 2010
at 18:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
You don't encounter anyone else as you follow the dock worker, which strikes you as odd, because a ship/station this big has to have some sort of crew to maintain it, right?

The Arconan leads you through a series of corridors--dirty, shoddily patched and repaired, dimly lit--to a small office that says "Reclamations" on the door.  He enters the office, motioning the rest of you to follow him.  The shabby little room looks--and smells--like it was originally a lavatory that someone pulled the 'freshers out of and slapped in a desk.  Said desk is buried under piles of hardcopy, which the Arconan brushes aside to reveal a small computer terminal.

"What'd you say the ship was named again?  Wait, I remember..." He types a few keys and says, "Sun Tracker, right?  Which one of you is Delfinn?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 20 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 10 May 2010
at 19:31
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"What'd you say the ship was named again?  Wait, I remember..." He types a few keys and says, "Sun Tracker, right?  Which one of you is Delfinn?"



Sparks jerks a thumb towards Delfinn, "That's yer man mate!"
Arbiter
 GM, 209 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 10 May 2010
at 20:14
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The dock worker turns his disinterested gaze to Roice, "Gotta note here says the impound and docking fees have already been paid." He hands you a slip of paper with some letter and numbers scrawled on it.  "Dock 2, Slip 1-4-7.  The crew guy you sent ahead with payment's already down there prepping the ship.  Thank-you-and-have-a-nice-day."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:15, Mon 10 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 21 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 10 May 2010
at 20:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock


"Lets crack on boss.  Can't wait to get on wiv it!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 87 posts
Mon 10 May 2010
at 22:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Crew guy?  What crew guy?"

Then it hits him.  Roice's eyes narrow as he thinks of the uncooperative Gungan, "prepping the ship."

He smirks slyly.  "Oh is he now?  We'll see about that."

He thinks for a few seconds, then turns to Strickland and Agail'ili.  "What sort of warm-up time we looking at?  I'm talking bare minimum, from dock-pavement cold to basic maneuvering thrusters?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 120 posts
Mon 10 May 2010
at 22:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"That irritable gungan is on the ship? I hope you all weren't expecting a peaceful departure. Just don't sneak up on him, it's a good way to get shot." he warned, seeing the sly look on Roice's face.
Harry Selous
 player, 18 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 10 May 2010
at 23:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry didn't know who they were talking about, but by the sound of it, he might finally get to have some fun. He hadn't hit anything in a while. He smiled.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 22 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 11 May 2010
at 08:06
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
He thinks for a few seconds, then turns to Strickland and Agail'ili.  "What sort of warm-up time we looking at?  I'm talking bare minimum, from dock-pavement cold to basic maneuvering thrusters?"


"Difficult to say boss.  If she's been standin' idle for months, it could take a few days to get 'er off the deck.  If she's a good girl, she might start up right away.  The 'book' says a complete diagnostic on all systems is required.  Certainly wouldn't want to use the 'yperdrive without testing it first...  When was 'er last overhaul?"

On the other hand, I we don't need to rush off, we might be able to 'salvage' quite a bit of kit from this station before we leave.  Equipment, spares, and stuff like that.  Leaving unprepared might put us at a disa'vantage la'er."


Sparks turns to Agail'ili, "We could just check the primary systems, reactor core, life support, navigation, and hyperdrive?"
Agial'ili
 player, 31 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 11 May 2010
at 09:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
Sparks turns to Agail'ili, "We could just check the primary systems, reactor core, life support, navigation, and hyperdrive?"


Agial'ili looked nervous. Starting up an unknown ship after months of rests sounded really not as a good thing to her.

"At the minimum, we also do not know if there are consumables, fuel aboard as well. But I seriously recommend we take our time, we could wreck the ship and ourselves by being hasty here"

Arbiter
 GM, 210 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 11 May 2010
at 12:17
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Timothy Strickland:
On the other hand, I we don't need to rush off, we might be able to 'salvage' quite a bit of kit from this station before we leave.  Equipment, spares, and stuff like that.  Leaving unprepared might put us at a disa'vantage la'er."


Rather than looking alarmed at Strickland's blatant suggestion that they loot the impound yard, the Arconan simply sighs in resignation and mutters "third time this week..."

He sweeps more papers off his desk and hits a conspicuous button, which causes all sorts of mechanical ratcheting and clanking to go on in the wall behind him.  Two panels--up until this point seamlessly concealed in the wall--open up, revealing a pair of B-1 battle droids, each sporting blaster carbines in their skeletal hands.

"See these folks to their ship," the Arconan mutters to the droids, taking a salt stick out of his pocket and idly twirling it in his fingers.  "Dock 2, Slip 1-4-7.  And make sure they don't touch anything on the way."

"Roger, roger!" grates the droid he addresses.  "G'wan, moveit!" rasps the other, making "get moving" gestures with its blaster.