3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Garret Haskel
 player, 122 posts
Tue 11 May 2010
at 12:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Nice work Strickland."

Garret complied with the armed droids, though he was irritated at having another blaster pointed at him already.
Agial'ili
 player, 33 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 11 May 2010
at 19:22
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Battle droids, how interesting, as far as she knew armed droids were at the least illegal since their use in the Clone Wars. Interesting though that they seemed to posses a personality. That could mean that they did not rely in a droid control computer. She longed to take one apart to check what trick of programming made them tick. Though, the blaster in its hand did not promise well for that opportunity to appear. So she just moved along, thinking about the problem of getting the ship spaceborne as fast as possible.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 88 posts
Tue 11 May 2010
at 19:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice blinks at the droids.  "This is uncalled for," he says to the dockworker.  "Our technician misspoke--an understandable mindset, coming from his previous mechanic position...  overworked, under-appreciated, underpaid..."  He looks pointedly at the Arconan.  "It's almost like he was unofficially in charge of the entire dock, doing all the hard work while his supervisors sat around drinking coffeine and idly doing paperwork."

He glances at Strickland expectantly.  "Isn't that right, Strick?"

He looks back to the Arconan.  "What he means by 'salvage' is, when you're the strong link in the chain, and you've got limited resources and high expectations piled onto you, you make do with what you've got."  He motions to the battledroids.  "Like having to put up with rusty, hard-to-maintain, second-hand Confederate droids for guards, rather than warm bodies with some actual security acumen."

He nods and looks at the Arconan sympathetically.  "I'm just saying, he doesn't mean that we'll salvage things that don't belong to us...  Just that, you know, if there's a possibility that a crew that needs a speedy turnaround on checkout paperwork and power-up for launch, if there were anything we could possibly do in exchange for that...  Lots of strong arms in this lot...  Oh well."

He gives the dockworker a friendly and knowing pat on the shoulder, and says, "Thanks for your time," shrugging dejectedly, then turns to follow the droids.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 23 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 11 May 2010
at 22:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice blinks at the droids.  "This is uncalled for," he says to the dockworker.  "Our technician misspoke--an understandable mindset, coming from his previous mechanic position...  overworked, under-appreciated, underpaid..."  He looks pointedly at the Arconan.  "It's almost like he was unofficially in charge of the entire dock, doing all the hard work while his supervisors sat around drinking coffeine and idly doing paperwork."

He glances at Strickland expectantly.  "Isn't that right, Strick?"


Yeah, what he said.  If we wanted to kill you and steal your kit, you'd be dead already.  Lets barter awhile eh?  Surely you've got stuff that don't work properly, needs repairing?  Maybe we could fix it for stuff we need.  Some spares for our journey, so lets do a deal...
Roice Delfinn
 player, 89 posts
Wed 12 May 2010
at 02:04
Re: 3: Taking Stock
(4D+1 plus 1 CP for a total of 15.

21:03, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 5 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5. +1 CP to Con Roll.
21:02, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 10 using 4 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,3,1,{Wild}3. Con roll.)
Arbiter
 GM, 214 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 12 May 2010
at 14:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
For a moment, the Arconan seems to listen, until Strickland adds,
Timothy Strickland:
If we wanted to kill you and steal your kit, you'd be dead already.


He frowns and motions to the battle droids.  "Get these scumbags outta my office and off this station.  If they give you any trouble, shoot 'em."

The Arconan ignores anything else you might have to say as he starts sucking on the salt stick and idly reading through pages of impound orders.

The droids move forward menacingly, and shove you out of the office.  "Move it!" one says.  "Yeah, what he said!" responds the other.

You are goaded back down the corridor you entered and then in a different direction, signs indicating that you're now headed towards Dock Two.  You pass a few bedraggled dock workers of different species, none of them bothering to make eye contact or acknowledge you as they trudge off to whatever duty awaits them.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 90 posts
Wed 12 May 2010
at 16:33
Re: 3: Taking Stock
His mouth tight, Roice turns and follows the droids.

"Fill your boots, indeed," he says to no one in particular.
Garret Haskel
 player, 125 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 03:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret follows after the droids to the ship. He shakes his head, completely surprised by Strickland's lack of discretion.
Arbiter
 GM, 216 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 May 2010
at 16:30
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The group travels silently in the wake of Strickland's failed bon mot, except for the occasional grunt of irritation as one of the battle droids prods someone to pick up the pace by jabbing their rifle barrel into the slowpoke's back.

You're escorted to Dock Two and walk out onto the expansive landing bay that at one time served as a titanic cargo hold for the Trade Federation.  You walk past several transports, shuttles, freighters, and other smallish-starships as you scan for slip 147.

Stepping around a battered old TL-1800, you arrive at your destination and finally get to lay your eyes on the ship you've been hearing about for so long now.

Despite your pessimistic expectations, the Sun Tracker appears, externally, to be in excellent shape.  She's a bit weather-beaten, but she's also well over 20 years old and well-traveled, if the stories "Uncle Burress" used to tell Roice were true.  The long, slender forward section of the ship--hallmark of the YV-100 and all other YV-series ships--sweeps over your heads as you all step around to the front of the ship.

The main gangplank is down and you can hear loud banging and cursing coming from inside.
Garret Haskel
 player, 127 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret walked into the ship, and followed the banging and cursing to it's source.
Harry Selous
 player, 19 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:38
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry stood outside the ship for a few moments, eying the weaponry and deciding how much experience he had with the cannons. He'd been on plenty of ships in worse shape then this one, in fact, this one looked pretty good to his eyes.

He stepped up the gang plank and followed Garret towards the sound of cursing.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 91 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:40
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice cringes as he hears what he assumes to be the Gungan performing percussive maintenance on a stubborn component, but can't help but look at his uncle's ship with some sense of nostalgic reverence.

Watching Haskel storm up the ramp, he mutters, "Permission to board granted," and walks with Selous up the plank.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:44, Thu 13 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 217 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:52
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The three of you (with the rest following, I assume?) follow the noise and see the Gungan, Tarsk Bola, pounding on the Bridge access hatch with his fist and shouting "I SAID LET ME IN YOU #&*%^&$* MEEKANIK!!!"

A polite, upbeat voice replies over a speaker in the ceiling, "As I've told you, my orders are to only open up to the Captain.  Your voice print doesn't match, my friend, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep the bridge buttoned up for now.  But allow me to once again thank you for your comments and I hope you have a super day!"

Bola bellows, slamming his fists against the door again, then stops, turning his head to glare over his shoulder.  "About time yoosa meat be gettin' here," he snarls, his stalked eyes turning to look at Roice.  "Tell the damn meekanik in there to open this door, Delfeen."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 92 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 17:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Stone-faced, Roice blinks a few times at the Gungan, then curtly says, "No."

He turns to the others.  "Let's explore a bit.  Might as well scope out quarters while we're at it."

He saunters into the crew area, looking around at the freighter's layout.
Garret Haskel
 player, 128 posts
Thu 13 May 2010
at 18:15
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret casually leans against the bulkhead, preferring to keep the clearly angry gungan under supervision.
Agial'ili
 player, 36 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 13 May 2010
at 20:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Agial'ili looked with interest at the YV-100. "It doesn't look that bad, but of course you can't tell from the outside. I'll be at the reactor core if you need me"

With that she left, knowing the layout of the ship by heart until she moved towards engineering and started to do a thorough check-up of the reactor core, the very heart of every spaceship. At first glance it looked fine, but looks could be deceiving.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:30, Thu 13 May 2010.

Arbiter
 GM, 221 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 03:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola ignores Haskel "chaperoning" him and stalks after Roice, grabbing the smaller Hapan by the arm and spinning him around.  "Yoosa thinkin' yoosa so smarty, eh?" he says, baring his teeth.  "This ship, it don't be movin' oontil meesa givin' the word, Delfeen."

Agiail'ili: You step lightly around the confrontation in the entry gangway and try to head to the engine room.  However, the access hatch is sealed.  "I'm sorry, miss," a cheerfully chipper disembodied voice says.  "Access to vital areas is restricted until I hear otherwise from the Captain. Sorry for the inconvenience and have just the best day you possibly can!"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 94 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 05:10
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice pulls away from Bola with disdain and glares at him.

He shoots Haskel an incredibly brief glance, then angrily says to the Gungan, "Wrong.  This ship don't be movin' until I give the word, Bola.  And I'll give it when I'm damn good and ready."

He advances a short step.  "I assume Splynn has sent you along to be our little babysitter," he says coldly.  "An unnecessary action, to be sure--I can't imagine what he's thinking.  But I'll tell you what I'm thinking: if you're going to be on this freighter, you're either going to be a cooperative and useful member of the crew, or you're going to stay the hell out of our way while we do the Vice Prex's work."

He takes another short step and leans toward the Gungan.  "I'll promise you this: if you and your surly attitude cause any delays to our operations--I won't hesitate to fry you and throw your fishy corpse out the nearest airlock.  No doubt Splynn will understand exactly why I did it."

He quickly turns and walks back toward the crew area.
Arbiter
 GM, 222 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 05:24
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The ominous sound of powered systems going down accompanies the failure of the lights and Bola's snickering.  "Yoosa come talk to me when you decide yoosa wanna talk like civilized folks, Delfeen."

The Gungan clomps down the ramp, pausing midway down to say, "And keep da Naboo away from me, he bugs me..."

With that, Bola is gone, leaving you all standing in a dead ship.
Garret Haskel
 player, 131 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 05:29
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"I am really starting to dislike this particular Gungan." he mumbles to himself as he watches Bola walk away from the ship.
Harry Selous
 player, 20 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 May 2010
at 12:18
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry smiled at the Gungun's antics.

"I don't know, I kinda like him."
Garret Haskel
 player, 132 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 12:25
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"In case you failed to notice: this ship isn't going anywhere anytime soon because of him."

Garret followed the Bola, intent on getting the device that disabled the ship and giving the gungan the beating of a lifetime.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:58, Fri 14 May 2010.

Harry Selous
 player, 21 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 May 2010
at 12:57
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"So give him what he wants, make him happy, lie, whatever you want. Play the Gungun and you can get the ship started." He shrugged, looking around the crew quarters for an area where he could set up, not that he had anything to set up.

"Send me to talk to him. He clearly already has problems with the two of you. Me however, he seems like my kinda sentient."
Agial'ili
 player, 38 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 May 2010
at 14:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Arbiter:
"I'm sorry, miss," a cheerfully chipper disembodied voice says.  "Access to vital areas is restricted until I hear otherwise from the Captain. Sorry for the inconvenience and have just the best day you possibly can!"


Now that was interesting, the ship did have a guard of sorts. So she spoke towards the grille of the speaker, knowing that there was a sensor capable of hearing her as well: "Who is the Captain then so I can ask him to give me aces? I am here to repair things and I cannot do that until I am allowed in.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 95 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 14:53
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice pauses for a second, and glances up at the flickering lights and nods.

"I have doubts that he'll be cooperative with any of us, but feel free to try.  Find out if he's responsible for this power issue," he says.

After a moment, he adds quietly, "And make sure Haskel doesn't strangle him."

He turns and walks astern, looking for the engineering section.