3: Taking Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 223 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 15:08
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice finds Agial'ili talking to a sealed door.  There's no reply to her query.

The lights are out and there's no sound of active systems in the ship.  Whatever Bola did on his way out shut the ship down completely.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 97 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 15:34
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Forem, light please."
4-M-3PO
 NPC, 13 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Of course, Captain," the droid replies, turning on his spotlight.  The corridor is now brightly lit but that doesn't help with the sealed hatch.
Arbiter
 GM, 227 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:28
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel: You head down the gangplank and find Bola leaning against one of the landing struts of the TL-1800 in the neighboring slip.  He's get a small, rectangular device in one hand and his blaster in the other.
Garret Haskel
 player, 136 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:36
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Is that the only way you can fight, with a blaster? Why don't you put that toy away, and give me the device so that we can all go our own way."

Garret walked towards Bola the whole time, doing his best to not appear overtly threatening.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 4 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 16:47
Re: 3: Taking Stock
The Gungan looks up as you speak and replies, as he brings the blaster up to aim at your torso, "Nobody said weesa fightin', meat.  Unless that be what yoosa sayin' now."

He holds up the device in his hand.  "And this, it be stayin' with me.  Won't work for none of yoosa anyway," he sneers, "Isomorpheec controls, yeah?  'Dese fingers, they be the only ones the buttons recognize."

Bola slips the device back into his pocket and assumes a more aggressive stance, "But yoosa can come try to get it, Naboo.  Weesa gonna have to do this dancin' at some point, yoosa and me, yeah?  Might as well bein' now so I don't be gettin' yoosa blood all over the shiny floors of my new ship."

Haskel: You know enough about Gungans to tell when one is being serious and not just making an idle threat.  Tarsk Bola is being 100% serious.
Garret Haskel
 player, 137 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:01
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret doesn't hesitate for one second to attack as he rushes forward to engage Bola before he has time to take full advantage of his greater range.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:04, Fri 14 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 25 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Sparks will find somewhere to sit in the ship(lounge/mess), and wait for the child's play to stop.
Agial'ili
 player, 39 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Oh", she said in surprise. "This ship got a kill switch" She sat down and got some tools from her backpack and started to open some panels.

"Probably connected to the main core or an override of the computer. Once I am inside I am sure that I can deactivate it."

Having the panels removed, she started to fiddle with the mechanical parts. "Now in a secure environment, the controls for the hatches would be put in a place where you can't reach them. Of course such is not practical on a transport. For one thing you don't expect to have a need for so much security plus those hatches need to be serviced and so I can override them by disconnecting the lock mechanism. Then it is matter of strength to raise the hatch."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 98 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:41
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice blinks at her in surprise.

"Ah... so...  You think you can restore power it?"

He motions to the droid.  "Forem, closer, more light."

He looks at he closed bulkhead for a second, hand on his chin.  "That integrated droid wouldn't let Bola into the bridge, it said it needed the captain's voice print...  Odds are then that he wouldn't have proper access to place a remote kill switch..."

He rubs his temples to job his limited ship repair knowledge.  "Is it possible that there's some sort of power disruptor on the exterior?  Stuck to or wired into the hull?"
Harry Selous
 player, 22 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 14 May 2010
at 17:58
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry nodded at the last suggestion to not let Haskel kill the gungun, then turned to go after the hostile being. Unfortunately, by the time he turned around, Haskel was already out of the ship.

Harry sighed inwardly. From what he'd seen already of the pair's interactions, he wouldn't have much time to get there before one of them tried to kill the other.

He made his way off the ship, just in time to see Haskel charge straight at a locked and loaded blaster. He wasn't sure if the man from Naboo was psychotic or just stupid, but there was something seriously wrong with your head to attack a blaster from the front. Harry didn't have a problem fighting armed opponents, but he didn't just bull rush them, that was a last ditch move. He'd killed enough beasts by goading them in to a charge to know that.

He leaned back against some crates to watch. It was to late to stop the fight from starting, but if Haskel managed to reach the Gungun before the weapon fired, he'd be able to pull them off each other.
Arbiter
 GM, 229 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 May 2010
at 21:13
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice and Agial'ili: The Twi'lek tech expertly removes the plate covering the door's control hydraulics and cuts the feedlines, allowing you to now pry the door open by hand.

OOC: Decide whether you're going to combine your Strength actions to pull open the door (I'll forgo the Command roll).  If so, Roice, roll 3D (I'm fudging this for the sake of convenience).

Haskel and Bola: The fight is kicked off by Haskel charging across the deck at the Gungan, who fires off a shot at the same time.  The shot catches Haskel in the shoulder.
OOC: Haskel, make a Strength roll to resist damage.  Roll high.  Consider using a CP if you need to.  Once whether or not you're injured is resolved, I'll figure out what happens with your attack roll.
Garret Haskel
 player, 139 posts
Fri 14 May 2010
at 21:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
PM to Arbiter
Arbiter
 GM, 232 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 15 May 2010
at 14:37
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Against all expectation, Haskel somehow doesn't die or even sustain serious injury as Bola's shot grazes his shoulder.  He crosses the distance to the shocked Gungan in a flash and deal's a vicious cross-jaw strike to Bola, sending him lurching back.

OOC: Haskel roll for Brawling damage.

New Initiative

Bola (if he's not stunned)
Haskel
Roice Delfinn
 player, 99 posts
Sat 15 May 2010
at 16:03
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Roice eyes the heavy engineering bulkhead, and says, "Hey Strickland, come back here and help us try to lift this."
Agial'ili
 player, 40 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 15 May 2010
at 20:32
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Is it possible that there's some sort of power disruptor on the exterior?  Stuck to or wired into the hull?"

She nodded thinking about the possibility: "That is indeed a good possibility, I will know more when I check the reactor and the wiring. Worst case we need to rewire things to get the ship up and running to circumvent such a device"


"But first I need to get inside, If you lift it high enough Captain then I'll slip in and try to find something to wedge under the hatch."

She looked at Forum. "Can't you help with the lifting bit?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:36, Sat 15 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 28 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 15 May 2010
at 22:50
Re: 3: Taking Stock
"Aye aye Cap'n!"
Sparks will offer some assistance to Delfinn and Agail'ili.  Before putting his shoulder to the bulkhead, Sparks will analyse the problem with the ships power.

You rolled 4 (9 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system ((3,5,{Wild}1)).
Harry Selous
 player, 24 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 May 2010
at 03:27
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry rubbed his chin as he smiled. Somehow the Gungun had missed, and now he'd suffer for it.

"Just give a yell if either of you want me to step in." He called, the sound of laughter seeping through his words.
Arbiter
 GM, 233 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 May 2010
at 03:55
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Strickland: The problem with the ship's power is that there doesn't seem to be any.

Haskel and Bola: The punch drives Bola back a couple of steps, but he's still in the fight.  It's obvious he's not playing around as he fires another shot from his blaster.
Garret Haskel
 player, 145 posts
Sun 16 May 2010
at 11:11
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret tries to avoid the second blaster shot, and continues his attacks hoping to end the fight sooner rather than later.
Arbiter
 GM, 235 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 May 2010
at 13:42
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Bola's shot hits (there aren't enough CP in the galaxy to boost your dodge high enough to beat his attack).

Roll STR to avoid damage.  And, by my calculations you're out of CP now, so straight rolls only for the rest of the fight.
Harry Selous
 player, 25 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 16 May 2010
at 14:09
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Harry made his way towards the fight, slowly so as not to draw attention. If Haskel went down, he needed to be close so he could keep the gungun from a death blow without taking a blaster round himself.

As he did so he looked around for any loose piece of cargo that he could use as a weapon, which he could grab on his way over without looking suspicious.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:10, Sun 16 May 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 29 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 16 May 2010
at 14:56
Re: 3: Taking Stock
In reply to Arbiter (msg #220):

Sparks heaves on the door, with help...
You rolled 11 for Strength using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system (({Wild}3,4,3,1)).
Arbiter
 GM, 237 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 16 May 2010
at 20:45
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Haskel and Bola: Somehow you avoid damage from the blaster again.  However, you also fail to land a hit on Bola.

Initiative
Bola
Haskel

Selous: The deck is clear, no pieces of junk or loose tools lying around.

Everyone else: You heave on the door and it opens enough for Agial'ili to squirm through (thank goodness for that dancer's physique...).
Garret Haskel
 player, 147 posts
Sun 16 May 2010
at 20:59
Re: 3: Taking Stock
Garret continues to attack, keeping track of where the blaster is pointed and doing his best to stay clear of it's business end. If he'd had time to think, he might have wondered why Harry was still watching the fight.