An offer you can't refuse...   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 165 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 12:43
An offer you can't refuse...
Each of you is brought to a dark room by a pair of Espos and sat down in a chair.  You each see each other as you enter, one by one.  Selous is first, followed by Agial'ili and finally Strickland.

After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, the lights come up and you see that a well-dressed, middle aged man, human, has been sitting across from you behind a desk.  He's watching you all with an appraising look, fingers steepled in front of his face.

"I will make this quick and simple: As of this moment, I own all three of you.  You are going to work for me until you have repaid the debts I bought that got you out of your..." he glances askance at the Twi'lek, "situations."

He leans back in his chair.  "I have a ship and a crew assembled and waiting, but due to some difficulties I find my merry little band sans technical crew and minus one experienced hunter.  I selected each of you personally for this task.  Do well and work with the others to complete the missions I'll be giving you and we'll be rid of each other soon enough, all debts paid in full, leaving you each a free being to pursue your goals as you see fit.  Fail me..." he shrugs, "and you go right back where I pulled you from.  So," the man smiles icily, "questions?"
Harry Selous
 player, 2 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 13:17
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
Harry slouched in the chair he was given and looked slowly over the other two as they came in the room.

He hadn't really had a problem with where he'd been. Granted, he hadn't been hunting big game like he wanted to be, but then again, prison had provided him with plenty of opportunities to hurt things, and he liked hurting things.

Then again, he didn't really have a problem with where he was now. Life gave you what it wanted to, and it was best to make do with what you got.

"Where are they, when do we leave, whats the end goal for your team, and who the hell are you?" He asked simply. The one thing he didn't like, was not having information.
Agial'ili
 player, 2 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 13:34
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
The lithe blue skinned Twilek sat in the chair in a pose of attentiveness. Her attire a strange mix of the usual almost clothing of a dancing girl and a bewildering assortment of tools hanging from a belt that rested on her hips.

She looked at the man behind the desk and knew that her days of freedom had not yet arrived. If at all. Was she going from one master to another, it sure looked like it. Her only chance was in the contract. The contract would be binding to any court, even her kind had some rights. Not many but the rights she had she would use.

"I like to see the details of the contract you are offering. The stipulations, the clauses, the debt I must pay and the ways for me to pay it back and at what rate for each job I do for you."

She didn't care much for the nature of the work. As if she had a choice in the matter. As long as she was property, the master ordered and she obeyed.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 16 posts
 It's just business...
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:23
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
The man nods at Selous, "Good, quick acceptance and attention to detail.  I knew you were right for this job."

To Agial'ili he says, "There is no contract, no legal document, no bill of sale.  Your mother borrowed the money from me with the agreement that you would work off the debt in a timely manner.  I do consider myself to be a man of my word and your mother obviously trusted me enough to go through with the deal.  I'm afraid, my dear, you will have to simply have faith that I will do as I say."

He then says to all three of you, "As for who I am, my name is Assistant-VicePrex Galor Splynn.  I have assembled this crew--the remainder of which you will meet shortly--to take care of a few pressing business deals that my previous... facilitator left unfinished before we parted company.  I can guarantee that, unless something goes wrong, all of you will be considered debt-paid by the end of the fourth mission.  Do a good job and you might even find a few bonuses.  Happy employees are hard working ones, after all."

Splynn stands up, "Now, if there are no further questions, I have to go chat with the remainder of your group." He waits to see if anyone else has anything to say.
Agial'ili
 player, 3 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 15:52
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
She smiled meekly as she had learned to do from day one. Never argue, obey and wait for your chance.

No contract meant two things. She would be his to command as long as he liked and she had no longer any trust in the so called goodness of beings. She knew what to do, most masters feared a little education. Her education though was a thing to be feared indeed. She would look for a way out of this deal. Her time would come, she knew how to be patient and smile.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 2 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 19:20
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
"I'm in Mister A V-P sir!  Anyfink t' get me aout of this dump."

So that was the deal... 4 missions and feedom.  This guy was certainly confident in his own authoirity, ginin' name and rank and all.  Strickland liked confident leaders.  It encouraged confident crews and removed doubt.
Harry Selous
 player, 3 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2010
at 23:37
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
Harry laughed a little in his head at the lawyer like questions coming from the Twi'lek. He hadn't ever known one that seemed to be that aware of legal matters. She did have the same physical appeal as all the others he'd known though.

Then there was the other man, dirty overalls. Some sort of mechanic or technician when considered with the fact that the older gentleman had made a comment of two techs and a hunter. He knew which one he was.

"Alright Mr. Splynn, four missions, then I do as I please. We comin with you now to meet them, or waiting here for something?"
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 17 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 12:36
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
Splynn seems momentarily distracted, head turned as if listening to something, but he snaps out of it when Selous talks to him.  "The three of you wait here for now.  My associates," two Espos you didn't even know were there step out of the shadows to flak you in your seats, "Will escort you to my office when I am ready to introduce you."  He stands up, "Now, if you'll excuse me."

He leaves without another word, walking perhaps a little too quickly for someone without any worries.

OOC: You are now free to move about the cabin.  Just remember the guards with the guns standing right next to you... ;)

Agial'ili
 player, 5 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 15:52
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
She looked behind her and saw the goons and their guns. Of course, there always were goons and guns as if they were bred or something. She curled up luxuriously in the chair, at least the chair was comfortable, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Then she looked around studying the other volunteers. one seemed to be a goon of sorts but the other seemed to be more interesting, he looked like a technician. A colleague or a competitor?
Timothy Strickland
 player, 3 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 16:22
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
Strickland will survey the room, drinking in the detail.  He does not speak and only moves slightly to absorb the interior.
Arbiter
 GM, 178 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 16:29
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
PM
Harry Selous
 player, 4 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 17:07
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
Harry didn't care about the room. He figured it was bugged or monitored. What he cared about were the guns and the men holding them. He sized them up, deciding he could take them if he wanted to, but then they were the guards of his new boss, and how would it look if he started his new job by beating the other employees to death?

"You really need the guns?" he asked, indicating that he was unarmed.

He stood and made his way over the the desk that Splynn had been sitting behind, plopping himself down in the big man's chair.
Arbiter
 GM, 179 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 17:18
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
"Yeah, we do." the Espo on the left replies succinctly.

The one on the right puts his hand briefly to the side of his helmet, then says, "All right, on your feet, you three.  Splynn says he's ready for you."

The Espos get you to stand up and start marching you down the corridor.

OOC: Just a couple more posts in the main thread and I'll drop you guys in.  You can still do stuff while you're walking if you'd like.
Harry Selous
 player, 5 posts
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 17:28
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
Harry chuckled to himself. These two were probably pushovers. He stood from the chair with a gesture that said they were the bosses, then glanced at the desk to see if there was anything interesting on it as he walked out and in to the corridor.

As they walked he looked for anything on the walls or ceiling, as well as trying to get an idea of how this place was laid out. Just because he accepted that he was working for the guy, didn't mean he thought for one second that Splynn couldn't possibly be pulling something shifty over on them.
Agial'ili
 player, 6 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 17:41
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
She noticed that the goons were busy with their elaborate dance of dominance. It was a dance she had seen before and it usually ended with the death of the one who performed worst. And they said that her kind was only good for dancing and looking pretty. In the end everybody danced.

When she was ordered to move she emerged from the chair with the grace and ease one would expect from her kind and followed the man into the corridor.
Arbiter
 GM, 180 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 18:04
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
The table, like the room, is blank and non-descript.  The whole place looks fairly featureless and industrial, as one would expect from a complex that serves as both a factory and a prison.

The Espos hustle the three of you along the empty, dimly lit corridor.  The two of you who have actually been incarcerated in Borbilla have never seen this section of the prison before.  Agial'ili, of course, is totally unfamiliar with the surroundings.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 4 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 18:49
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
In reply to Arbiter (msg #16):

Strickland takes his cue from the Espo's and leaves.  Feeling an affiliation with the Twi-Lek, he walks with her.

"Lets make like shepperds eh? And ge' the flock outaf'ere."  His delivery is dead pan and without humour.
Agial'ili
 player, 7 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 19:31
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
She blinked and looked at the man with surprise and a bit of confusion. Was she supposed to smile or be angry perhaps. Finally she asked:

"Excuse me? I do not understand what you try to say?"
Arbiter
 GM, 181 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 20 Apr 2010
at 22:20
Re: An offer you can't refuse...
The Espos stop you at an elevator door.  "Here we are," one of them says.  The door opens and he points at you to enter.  "Express car straight to the top," he says.  "Just step out when the doors open and don't cause and trouble."

The doors close behind you and the elevator takes off.  It's a featureless metal box, no buttons, not even any handrails.  It's obviously designed for transporting things and/or people who don't need to be messing with buttons.

The trip takes a while, but eventually, the lift comes to a stop and the doors open.  Outside is an opulent foyer with a set of ornate double doors at the far end.  Standing in the middle of the room is a silver and blue protocol droid, who bows and motions to you, "This way, please," it says in a female analogue voice.  "Master Splynn and the others are waiting inside."

OOC: And that's your cue to move to the main thread. :)