The Dragon King (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 1404 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 15:27
The Dragon King (main)
The barmaid, stunned by Olven's tantrum, followed him with her eyes as he left the inn and as the rest of them followed.

As they were looking for the Silver Pipe, D'aden performed on the street. Well enough for him to gain a couple of followers.

Tiichi told Roisin about Hanna and though the rest of the group wasn't his target audience, they could still hear what he was saying.




[OOC: Hanna is sort of like Artemis from the ancient Greek pantheon. There are differences obviously, but it works as a quick comparison.]
Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 116 posts
Wed 1 May 2019
at 02:43
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin sighed "I know magic and languages, there's just about exactly nowhere on Krynn that doesn't need some magic working done...and Utrecht and Ochre are both interesting enough that some inns would be more than happy to provide us accommodation in return for them just being inside the door to draw onlookers."

Roisin Sighed as she drew a coin from her pocket "And as for making local coin appear?" she made a series of magical gestures over the coin "Okay, no I don't quite know how to do that, but I'm sure many a farmer might wager in a contest of strength against utrecht."
Olven Wolf
 player, 711 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Wed 1 May 2019
at 06:10
The Dragon King (main)
"Looks like you have some fans, D'aden," Wolf says dryly, casually glancing at the people who have stopped to listen to the minstrel. "Fine Roisin, I'll leave the talking to you. I'm mainly good at hitting things until they stop moving, but I don't mind rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty in exchange for a meal or two."
Dragondog
 GM, 1405 posts
Wed 1 May 2019
at 11:09
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin translated D'aden's request to find out where the Silver Pipe was and Tiichi led them there. And inside it was obvious that it catered to a completely different clientele. High-end furnishings, porcelain plates, silver cutlery and cups, some even drinking from what looked like exquisitely crafted, leaf-thin, elven glassware.

There was a trio of entertainers on a stage, two of them playing instruments you hadn't seen ever before. But your attention was drawn to the dancing female. It seemed like she was wearing nothing but scarfs layered over each other. A single scarf was too thin and fine to be modest. But with layers, she only showed what she wanted to. And as the scarfs were of different colors, it was a spectacle to see.

And she was dancing in a way none of you had seen before. Moving more like a snake on her feet then you had thought was humanly possible.
Alvin
 NPC, 18 posts
 Elven Healer
Wed 1 May 2019
at 11:10
The Dragon King (main)
"A belly dancer," Alvin said questioningly. "I did not expect that."
Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 117 posts
Thu 2 May 2019
at 03:20
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin frowned "She must be cold, poor thing. We should buy her a blanket or some warm clothing to keep from freezing."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 443 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Thu 2 May 2019
at 04:21
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden watches the dancer a moment, "I suspect that would take years to learn; I'm not sure my legs are attached in that fashion."
He listens a bit, and plunks a quiet chord or two in accompaniment to the music. [Language unknown:  Ove at us ainwilfor Omout ter po ofhoan, om m k aieeil tho?]
Olven Wolf
 player, 712 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Thu 2 May 2019
at 04:38
The Dragon King (main)
I can see why this place is popular, Olven says, leaning on his spear and enjoying watching the woman dance. Her graceful steps fascinate Wolf. Buy her a blanket and youd ruin the view, Roisin. Ive never seen anything quite like it. Belly dancing, you say, Alvin? That seems to be a very appropriate name for it. She seems very good.

He glances around the room, the silver, the rich furnishings. No, I liked the other place better, other than the dancer here. This place feels too rich for my tastes. Give me an honest tankard of ale and a rare mutton chop over this hoity-toity display any day of the week. He shakes his head. Lets not linger here long.
Alvin
 NPC, 19 posts
 Elven Healer
Thu 2 May 2019
at 15:48
The Dragon King (main)
"Yes, belly dancing," Alvin said. "Khurish entertainment. And she is very good. I spent some time there, but I'm only a pale imitation compared to her. Probably good enough to earn us some money at the other place, but I'm a better singer. Though not as good as D'aden."

Her beautiful and melodious voice was a sign that she very well could be telling the truth about that, if she had enough training.
Dragondog
 GM, 1406 posts
Mon 6 May 2019
at 15:43
The Dragon King (main)
Rufus burst out from the kitchen and hurried towards you, while still trying to avoid stepping between his guests and the entertainment.

"You changed your mind," Rufus said and Roisin translated. It wasn't a question. "Excellent. How long will you be staying?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 444 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Tue 7 May 2019
at 04:12
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden shrugs. As he continues to desultorily plunk out an uneven accompaniment to the music, he says, "we are free as the wind, clear as the fog, and not liable to change our mind till we've, at least, made it up... once or twice. But while we are here it only seems appropriate to pull our own weight, even if we pull by plucking."
Dragondog
 GM, 1407 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 17:56
The Dragon King (main)
"Good, Good," Rufus said. "Can you have something prepared for when she takes her break and entertain our guests for an hour or two?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 445 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Wed 8 May 2019
at 01:36
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden nods, "[Language unknown:  K sestck ichvirtho anytickordayany k eautinres preardect?]... um.. yes, I can be ready."
"Could you assist my friends for me? They don't have the local currency but could use something to wash the road dust from their throats."

Stepping quietly to one side, he begins to tune his instrument. Occasionally he glances at the dancer, but his only interest appears to be deciding when she's finished.
Dragondog
 GM, 1408 posts
Thu 9 May 2019
at 08:22
The Dragon King (main)
"Of course, of course," Rufus said, gave them a table, and sent a barmaid to get their orders. A petite female in her early 20s with long, luxurious, raven black hair.
Olven Wolf
 player, 713 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:02
The Dragon King (main)
Olven takes a seat and lounges back, casually watching the rest of the room. Were wasting our time, he grumbles. We should be heading out to the palace, or at least look for it, instead of lollygagging in taverns. At least the view is good. He continues to watch the dancer with interest.

When the lass with the lovely tresses comes to take their order, Olven requests a glass of wine.
Dragondog
 GM, 1409 posts
Sat 18 May 2019
at 09:33
The Dragon King (main)
You get what you ordered and soon the dancer comes to a break in her routine. The crowd applauded and some of them threw coins up on the stage, which the troop quickly picked up. When they had cleared the area, Rufus steps up.

"It is now our honor to witness a unique performance of the Foreign Virtuoso," Rufus said. Looking straight at D'aden and applauding, joined by applauds from the crowd.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 446 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Sat 18 May 2019
at 18:21
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden smiles, and steps to the stage area. As he begins to pluck a familiar tune from his instrument, he says, "I think it's great that we can enjoy the world's diversity without condemnation."
Then he begins to sing:
[Language unknown:  Latounble moil ckwholfich thano ta ure tamoon ck
Elus ni teon wertraund mo motr, Ma alltinman anreai'asta
Atwa ca iosta hi riyin iohaiv k ss cengce i cehodi il,
Fosamo, ingersate, tostch, erathiain earinghouhisstr
Nc korll ekpo a ave urekon ti ationehas be re ceoume rere ur din,
Sa ss whe tedratest ma ashain een, alha eiertr shehissom santraore
Se rutne peilse dierivai oretertra, li ivasom rom aswhni u penaul
Eauil ounhasast anyionvor ofst onssanons res veresshouons, hindpl sommanundarerea!
Manotr lafoee eauanyain i aihe lestheall setardtin sti noman
Iveatewhe llheri estartshe tane ateineion sonwitonsoul simoos
Noisic nti essstrven ss netare essni itpr
Derouseve eenareencain etmoio ughpr loomcaan
Ioarne, seticaure, werstiest, ughtedhou laelasriri.
]


Although it wasn't maginificent, it WAS a fairly competent performance.
OOC: 13:26, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 8,12,15,13 using 3d6,3d6,3d6,3d6.  Musical Composition 12, Mandolin 12, Singing 15, Performance 13.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:31, Sat 18 May.

Dragondog
 GM, 1410 posts
Tue 21 May 2019
at 07:47
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden performed for about an hour and a half or so. The guests obviously liked his performance, which they indicated with cheers and applauds. And at the end of his performance, with coins thrown up on the platform. Without knowing how much the coins were worth, it was difficult to determine how much he had made, but it seemed to be more than a competent performance would normally have made him. And Rufus had promised dinner, breakfast, and lodgings for the group on top of that.
Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 118 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 02:53
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin grimaced as D'aden rejoined them at the table. "I mean....honestly, I think I might have done a little better. By your standards that was...perfectly mediocre."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 447 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 05:08
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden squints at Roisin, "now that's just not true. I think I would have known if either of my parents had any ogre blood, and especially if they had a medium amount."
"Still, we have some coins, now. Where should we look, next.?"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:09, Tue 18 June.

Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 119 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 02:35
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin raised an eyebrow "Why, I think it might be perfectly obvious to all where you're looking." she said as Ochre shifted on her shoulder to look at the dancer. She sniggered "Yes, I agree"
Alvin
 NPC, 20 posts
 Elven Healer
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 15:55
The Dragon King (main)
"Unless Tiichi knows," Alvin started. "I would agree that the dancer would likely be our best option to find out where we need to go."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 450 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 16:26
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden nods, somewhat thoughtfully. "Then I suppose the first issue will be to discover some way to communicate with her. To be honest, I hope it involves speaking. I've been considering it and I'm quite certain my legs aren't attached to the rest of me in a way that would permit moving in that fashion."
"I know they say dancing is a language all its own, but I'm definitely not fluent."

Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 120 posts
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 05:25
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin rolled her eyes. "I find it rather droll that for you being an entertainer and one that needs to communicate to have your message be passed on, you have a poor understanding of modern languages." She looked towards the dancer. "I'm pretty sure the application of currency might resolve any issues you may have in translation"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 451 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 06:13
The Dragon King (main)
With a half smile, D'aden merely says, "[Language unknown:  mirese oveoutourfor evethoour not iein andtintio u bleos thelesenc ticse]."
"Besides, we've no idea what languages are known by those we wish to communicate with. That just makes it a bit more... touchy, and takes a bit more effort."
"Some of us don't have the even features and alluring smile that persuades others to efforts at understanding us; we have to work at it from the other side of the coin. But I would be terribly surprised to hear that you know what that's like."