Lupus Veritas (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 376 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 10:09
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As they continued onward, they could see some children playing on the grass to the left. Before reaching a walled in shrine on the same side.

As they crossed the river on a stone bridge, they came to the stable, as seen by the corral with a few horses.

And then they came to the Blue Dragon Inn, perhaps a remnant from when the Dragon Armies had control over this area.
Olven Wolf
 player, 170 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 14:28
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf nods toward the inn.  "What say we take a break from the road?" he says, nodding toward the Blue Dragon.  Inside the village, he relaxes his guard a bit, though he still stays sharp, just in case.
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 25 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 17:18
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Jarlianthas nods in agreement and dismounts.  "It would seem a decent place.  Sam would you tie my horse up to the post, please?"

OOC: Yes I've named my bodyguard Sam... MUAHAHAHA
Dragondog
 GM, 378 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 17:28
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Of course," Sam said and dismounted. He then tied both horses to the post in question.

But he didn't get further than that before someone came out from the inn.

"You can't leave your horses there," he said. "You'll have to take them to the stable across the street." And pointed in the direction the heroes had come.
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 26 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 17:38
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Oh?"  Jarl asked with a raised eyebrow.  "My apologies, we'll head over there right away.  By the way, I am Jarlianthas Erethriel... may I make your aquaintance?"  He asked with his hand outstretched in the Human fashion for hand-shaking.
Dragondog
 GM, 379 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 17:54
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I'm Marcus Morningstar," the man said and shook Jarl's hand. "My brother owns the inn. And though we have a small stable for our guests, there's too many of you. And the stable is the only place that can take care of that many."
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 27 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 18:37
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Well met Marcus.  After we see to our steeds at the stable, we shall be in the inn."  With a nod at the crew, Jarl leads his horse to the stables assuming everyone with follow.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 39 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 05:04
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden drives tje wagon to the stable, but leaves the horses hitched. He busies himself with straightening the packed materials to account for their in transit shifting, then pulls out his mandolin and plucks a few desultory notes before trying his hand at a tune.

On the road again
Here I am out on the road again
The life I love is going where I haven't been
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again

Dragondog
 GM, 380 posts
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 19:59
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The heroes backtracked, opened the gate to the corral, and led the horses in. One of the lads working there pointed to a building where they could park the wagon. When D’aden started singing one of the lads working there started to unhitch the horses from the wagon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:01, Sat 16 Oct 2010.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 40 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 16 Oct 2010
at 05:07
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden addresses the boy unhitching the horses, "There may be no need of that, lad. I'm not sure how long we'll be here. Do you get many travellers coming through?"
Perhaps he can learn something from the stable boys, especially if everyone through has to tie their horses in the same stable.
Dragondog
 GM, 381 posts
Sat 16 Oct 2010
at 07:01
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"We get a few," the boy said. "If the inn's capacity if filled. And if you're not staying, you're better of parking your wagon on the other side of the inn where there is room to keep your horses hitched. But no one is watching over them there."

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:03, Sat 16 Oct 2010.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 41 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 17 Oct 2010
at 01:48
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Perhaps the horses would be better off unhitched, then. Since that would mean staying a while, how's the fishing in the river?"
Although he begins with a question about the river, D'aden is engaging the lad in conversation to see if there is anything about the village, or the inn, that his companions should be aware of.
Olven Wolf
 player, 171 posts
Sun 17 Oct 2010
at 14:15
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf stays behind a moment to watch the ostlers with the horses, then, satisfied, turns to the rest.  "Anyone care for a drink while we rest a bit?" he asks, nodding his head over toward the inn.  "If so, I'm buying."
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 28 posts
Sun 17 Oct 2010
at 23:24
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Jarlianthas grins broadly, "One never refuses a free drink, friend."  That said, he follows Olven into the inn.
Dragondog
 GM, 383 posts
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 15:23
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"The fishers fish in the sea," the boy said. "And the fishing's good there, but I don't know about the river."


The heroes headed over to the inn, making sure that D'aden knew where they had gone. There was a staircase up to the second floor balcony right outside the door to the inn.

Inside the quiet was broken only by the fire in the fireplace, though it was not yet burning as it would in the evening, and of bartenders and barmaids preparing for the evening where they could be seen and lesser noises from the unseen kitchen.

The first rectangular table was right in front of them when they entered, but the inn quickly turned to the right to reveal two more tables, another staircase leading upward, and the bar. Further along and to the left, the inn twisted again, reveling more tables and another fireplace.

There were two benches at most of the tables and six stools at the bar. The man behind the bar, must be the owner, Marcus’ brother. And the two maids wiping the tables had to be his daughters, one in her late teens and the other in her early twenties. Likely taking after their mother, as they where neither short nor stocky.

“What can I do for you,” the man behind the bar asked.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 42 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 23:21
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden takes his line and hooks from the packed wagon, smiles at the lad, and says, "I'll let you know."
Taking his mandolin and quarterstaff as well, he ambles towards the river. Attempting to avoid stepping on anyone's garden.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:22, Mon 18 Oct 2010.

Dragondog
 GM, 384 posts
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 15:42
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The closest way to the river took D'aden past the mill and what likely was the miller's house. And after some time fishing, he pulled up a fish about a foot long.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 43 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 05:06
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
After looking closely at the fish, D'aden returns the way he came. He walks along whistling a completely unrecognizable tune as he considers where the fish could be properly prepared. Perhaps the boy at the stable would know, he wants to show him that the fishing isn't bad in the river anyway.
Dragondog
 GM, 385 posts
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 08:40
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Returning the way he came, he soon was back at the stable.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:09, Mon 25 Oct 2010.

Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 29 posts
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 03:07
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I am Jarlianthas of Kalaman.  Have you any news good innkeeper?  I would have an elven wine, if you have any."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:46, Tue 26 Oct 2010.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 44 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 05:38
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden returns to the wagon, hoping the stable boys will be around and would like some fish (nobody properly tips stable boys). Knowing that it would be more likely that they find him than he find them, he goes to the wagon and pulls his mandolin from its resting place. While waiting for the stable boys, he tunes his instrument, and begins to play some simple melodies.
Olven Wolf
 player, 173 posts
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 16:15
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Right.  I'll pay for his drink," Olven Wolf offers.  "And I'll take an ale." 

As Olven leans against the bar, he looks around casually.  "We ran into a giant on the way here last night," he says.  "He said the war had made it hard for his people to thrive anymore.  Any giants around here lately?"
Dragondog
 GM, 386 posts
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 18:23
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"That's 5 copper pennies," the bartender said, clearly wanting to be paid before he poured the drinks. But showing a bottle of elven wine, to establish that he had the stuff.

"I didn't even see any giants during the war when the dragon armies were in control. And now that they're gone, I don't expect to see any during my life time."
Dragondog
 GM, 387 posts
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 18:24
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As soon as D'aden returned to the stable, he saw that the stable boy already was there.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 45 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 06:06
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden will give the fish to the stable boys, and then plunk out tunes on his mandolin as he relaxes with the wagon. Not being much for crowds, he is considering sleeping in the stable.