Lupus Veritas (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 388 posts
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 07:52
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Thank you," the stable boy said and placed the fish on some straw. "I'll take this home tonight."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 46 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 03:41
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"This seems like a nice little place. We're going on to something called the lyceum. Have you ever heard of it?"
Dragondog
 GM, 389 posts
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 04:17
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I have not," the stable boy said.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 47 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 03:47
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Oh, well, I hadn't either. It's supposed to be an adventure."
D'aden begins to plunk on the mandolin and sing,
"My horse is eatin grass, goin down the road
Somebody says, how long you gonna be gone Joe
You know the pass gets clogged with snow
You don't care, I know.
Out on the highway, in the sunshine
The days are longer, the nights are stronger than moonshine
It's time to go, I know
With the free wind blowing through your hair
The days seem filled with daylight there
Seasons pass with no despair
And we pass the time with lilting airs."

Other than plunk away and watch the wagon, D'aden will do little else. Despite the mundanity of the small village, he thinks someone should be on guard and watch their gear. That is what he has decided to do.
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 30 posts
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 19:55
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"We are on a journey, do you know how much further to the Lyceum?"
Dragondog
 GM, 390 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 16:02
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I have not heard of that place," the innkeeper said.

[OOC: The team has the directions to the Lyceum, though not the exact distance.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 174 posts
Mon 8 Nov 2010
at 15:11
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Five copper pennies, eh?" Olven Wolf fishes around in his purse and withdraws a silver crown, laying it down on the counter.  "Any other news?" he asks.  "Ruins, that kind of thing near town?  Strange attacks at night?  Peddlers?  Gleemen?"
Dragondog
 GM, 391 posts
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 06:26
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Things have been quiet around for a while," the bartender said as he gave them their drinks. "Peddlers, gleemen, and bards do travel through here once in a while."

"I haven't seen any ruins, but I don't travel much outside of town either. Too much to do here, you understand."
Dragondog
 GM, 393 posts
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 19:04
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
[As no one else said anything, I'm moving the group out and on their way.]

Having refreshed themselves and asked a few questions, the heroes continued on their journey.

They rode back over the bridge and turned south. With the largest of the three hills to their left and soon they entered farm land, with a farmer's home on each side of the road. And behind one of them, up on the hill, was an elegant home quite unlike anything else they'd seen in the village.
Olven Wolf
 player, 175 posts
Sat 27 Nov 2010
at 07:40
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf stays loose, his senses alert for danger.  "Must take a lot of dragons to build a manor like that," he says, musing.  "I hope we get to the Lyceum before dark, so we'll have a fresh day to explore it.  Should we set up camp outside it, or camp within its ruins?"
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 32 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 02:23
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I hope so too, friend.  I should think that camping our first night outside it would be wise.  If after exploring a day we think it safe, we should then move camp inside."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 49 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 05:55
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Am I the only one that finds it unusual the villagers did not mention this? Surely one of them would have remarked on it as, in the least, a landmark. It could be they are afraid of something that lurks within, and have assigned enough intelligence to it that they fear mentioning it."
Dragondog
 GM, 394 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 06:01
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Suddenly a door opened on one of the buildings to the heroes' left and a farmer exited. The buildings were about 15 yards away and the farmer yelled "Wait!", waved his arms and came running towards them.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 50 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 06:05
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Regardless of the actions taken by the others, D'aden never refuses the request of the simple farmers. The wagon stops, and waits.
As the farmer reaches him, he responds, "Happy to wait a bit. What can I do for you?"
Dragondog
 GM, 395 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 06:35
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Have you by chance seen my children," the farmer asked. "A 17 year old boy and girl. Blond hair and blue eyes. The boy is my height and the girl about a head shorter."

[OOC: The only one you've seen since you left Kalaman that fits this description was one of the maids in the inn, but she was obviously the innkeeper's daughter.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 176 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 11:15
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"No, we haven't," Olven Wolf says.  He sits in the saddle and looks quizzically at the farmer.  "Is something wrong?"
Dragondog
 GM, 396 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 16:48
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I haven't seen them since supper last night," the farmer said. "Their beds are untouched and though I have spent as much time as possible looking for them this morning, I have not been able to find them."

"Some of my hands have seen draconians sneaking about. I hope they haven't been captured by them. It was bad enough during the war. And according to the treaty they should have left us alone already."
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 33 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 18:36
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Why we'd be happy to help yoou find them."  Jarlianthas looks around to his companions, "I don't think anyone would mind a brief detour in our journey."
As long as the others agree or nod agreement, he continues.  "We will do our best to find your children."
Dragondog
 GM, 397 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 20:00
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Thank you!" the farmer said. "I've heard whispers that the draconians may be hanging around the Old Place. It's about two hours south of here by horse." The farmer then pointed in the direction the heroes were already traveling.

[OOC: This coincides with the directions the King gave to the Lyceum.]
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 34 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 21:58
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
OOC: Did you mean Old Place or Old Palace?
Dragondog
 GM, 398 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 22:09
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
OOC: I meant Old Place.
Olven Wolf
 player, 177 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 03:57
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"We'd certainly be willing to look for your children," Olven Wolf says, focusing on the old man.  "Could you tell us more of this Old Place?  And what of the draconians?  Why do you suspect them?"
Dragondog
 GM, 399 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 06:02
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I don't know that much," the farmer said. "It's evil, no one ever goes there. We wouldn't either, if we didn't need to work nearby. And it's been there forever."

"Who else would take children? There are no bandits here."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 51 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 06:21
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden smiles at the man, and reassures him, "Where did you last see them? And what are their names, and yours? We will need to be able to reassure them we mean them no harm when we find them."
Dragondog
 GM, 400 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 06:40
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"The last time I saw them was at home," the farmer said and pointed towards the buildings he had come from. "I'm Christopher and my children are Garth and Merilyn."