Lupus Veritas (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 318 posts
Sat 10 Jul 2010
at 17:39
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Owain read the two documents.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:40, Sat 10 July 2010.

Owain uth Urien
 player, 78 posts
Sat 10 Jul 2010
at 18:51
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Owain finishes his reading then passes one document off to Olven and holds on to the other. "There is little here to enlighten us to Handar's fate unfortunately. At the least our suspicions of foul play on his part have been removed."

Owain holds up the other rolled up document for emphasis. "The king's letter is back in our possession."
Olven Wolf
 player, 140 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 05:38
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf raises an eyebrow in surprise.  "Oh?  Then perhaps Handar isn't the scoundrel I took him for.  All's better, then."

Then, turning to D'aden, Olven says, "The Lyceum is a couple of days' journey outside of the city, a place of former learning that may hold wealth that can help rebuild Kalaman."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 16 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 17:14
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden nods his head, "I thought as much, when the letter was mentioned. Handar made sure I knew it was important."
"If it be the king's business, then I am at your service. It's certain to be more exciting than carrying stone for building."

Dragondog
 GM, 319 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2010
at 17:31
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As everyone got acquainted with D’aden, the girl Kar had brought with him looked at the sky.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 17 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Tue 20 Jul 2010
at 06:11
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"If this place is as distant as it seems, I may be able to assist. I've spent quite a bit of time travelling."
Olven Wolf
 player, 141 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 17:56
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Excellent," Olven says, nodding.  "Sir Owain is the only of us who is mounted, and we had discussed acquiring a wagon.  Your assistance will be greatly helpful.".

With his pack on his back, his gear and weapons, Olven looks like he's about to embark on a long march.  "The Lyceum is a few days' journey from here, but there should be opportunities to rest along the way and reprovision." He looks at his comrades.  "Well?  Does anyone need anything else before we leave?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 19 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 22 Jul 2010
at 05:39
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Dragondog:
As everyone got acquainted with D’aden, the girl Kar had brought with him looked at the sky.

After noting the female's curious glance at the sky, D'aden wonders about the weather and takes his own glance skywards.
Dragondog
 GM, 325 posts
Thu 22 Jul 2010
at 14:36
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I need to pick up my things," Sarah, the female traveling with Kar, said. "But if you pick up the food and the other things we need, I'll catch up with you when I'm done."

[OOC: I'm just making a point. I'm not infering that we need to do the shopping IC.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 20 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 23 Jul 2010
at 00:47
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden mucks about with his backpack and pulls out a light cloak. Then with a grin, says, "I've enough with me to travel a week or so on my own. I'll be happy to share, but I daresay the tent would be awfully crowded."
Olven Wolf
 player, 147 posts
Fri 23 Jul 2010
at 05:50
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
In spite of himself, Olven Wolf grins.  "Thanks for your hospitality," he says, laughing.  "We should find out if this Lyceum has a water source close by.  But as you say, we'll surely find streams or rivers where we can refill our wineskins." He grunts.  "Pity we won't have actual wine."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 21 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 24 Jul 2010
at 04:36
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"If we had a few barrels, we could gather the water as we move. It wouldn't take much to rig something to catch the rain."
Olven Wolf
 player, 151 posts
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 22:43
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven nods his head.  "Excellent idea, D'aden," he says, grinning. "Would that we could rig a moving line to catch fish or rabbits for our dinner, as well." Olven sees about procuring supplies for the group, including some personal items.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 22 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 02:00
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I did think to hunt on the way. Is haste so necessary that I should forego my most favored meals?"
D'aden appears pensive, apparently, he truly enjoys catching what he eats. "I'm afraid I have neither provisions, nor means to acquire them, otherwise."
Olven Wolf
 player, 152 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 05:14
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf frowns and looks concerned.  "I like to live off the land if I can, too, D'aden, but you should always plan for bad days.  At least take enough rations that you'll have one meal a day if the hunting is scarce.  I'm sure we can spare some provisions for you.  But if we get trapped in the Lyceum, you'll need food."  He grimaces. "I wouldn't want to have to resort to eating what we can find in that place."
Dragondog
 GM, 334 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 04:47
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As the heroes were talking, they noted the mayor of the Vingaard ward, a one handed Qualinesti elf, riding towards them with his personal guard.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:35, Tue 10 Aug 2010.

Olven Wolf
 player, 153 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 05:31
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf breaks off his talk with the others and strides forward to meet the mayor and his personal retinue.  "Good day, gentlemen," he says in a friendly manner.  "And how are you, your mayorship?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 23 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 05:37
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)

D'aden greeted the mayor in accordance to Qualinesti traditions.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:02, Sat 07 Aug 2010.

Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 2 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 16:45
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Jarlianthas stops his horse and dismounts.  "Ah a good day to you as well gentlemen.  But please call me Jarlianthas or just Jarl, I am not one to hunger for the glory of titles."

A small smile play across his lips.  He nods to D'aden.

"To meet one known to the customs of my people, it is an honor to meet you.  Well the rebuilding efforts seem to be taking longer than planned, but these things happen.  How do you fare?  May I be of service?"
Olven Wolf
 player, 155 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 20:08
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven Wolf looks at the others, and then at the Ward Master.  "I don't believe so, sir," he answers.  "The king has entrusted us with a mission for the good of Kalaman, and we're preparing for our journey."

He inventories everything on the cart.  "Horses, food, light sources, supplies.  I think that's about everything."
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 5 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 22:48
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Ah goodness,a mission from the King himself... I do believe I have found the right group of travellers then."

Jarl smiles broadly.

"In that case, I should introduce myself as your fellow adventurer.  It seems you need some assistance afterall."

Chuckling to himself, Jarl takes a closer peak at the inventory on the cart.  Nodding at the cart, "I do suppose everything is in order.  Are we ready to depart?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 25 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 04:15
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"To be frank, I don't know. My normal mode of travel does not have the alacrity that the others here have expressed a desire for."
Dragondog
 GM, 339 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 18:05
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"We have already purchased the suggested amount of food for the trip," Tarhall said. "I for one am eager to see what the Lyceum has to offer."
Olven Wolf
 player, 156 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 18:40
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven nods his head.  "As am I," he says.  "Shall we get this show on the road?"
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 7 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 20:02
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
With practiced ease, the Ward Master grasps his horse's mane with the good hand and steps up into the saddle.

"Very good.  Let us be off then, tally ho."