Lupus Veritas (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 360 posts
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 22:26
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
With time the heroes and the giant went to sleep, having eaten and taken cared of the horses.

[OOC: If there's anything you want to do during the night, please let me know in private.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 162 posts
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 17:42
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Olven beds down comfortably for the night, on the far side of the camp from the giant.  He has agreed to wake before dawn for the last watch of the night, and in the meantime, he sleeps.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 32 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 06:06
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As the sun began to crest the horizon, D'aden felt it was time to wake the others. After a drink of water to clear his dry throat, he pulled his mandolin from it's place in his pack. In his mind, there was nothing like a brisk tune to start the day.
After a few chords, he began to sing,
"He was a poor boy, raised in a small family
He kinda had a craving for somethin' no one else could see
They said that he was crazy,
In a way that no man should be
He ran out to the city and wandered around in the street
He wants to fly,
He wants some wings,
He wants to see the lightning flash and listen to the thunder ring

He met on a corner
Like it was some new kind of man
He watched him talking, and waving round a crystal wand
They went back to a tower,and practiced for days without rest
And then one day he felt it,
He knew he could stand with the best

He got respect,
Almost like a king,
And it's a certain kind of fool
That likes to hear the sound of his own name

A posting on a storefront, the image of a wanted man
He got a reputation for spreading fire through the land
It wasn't for the power, at least it didn't start that way
It wasn't for the runnin' , but now he's runnin' everyday"


Anyone that wasn't woke by his song would have been a heavy sleeper indeed.
Dragondog
 GM, 367 posts
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 10:23
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
15 Reapember 353 AC
The heroes awoke to a new day, though both Sarah and Kar were already awake and ready, despite the fact that neither of them had had the last watch. Kar's wide brimmed hat hid his face about as well as a wizard hiding in the hood of his robe.

The heroes had breakfast and got ready for the trip.

[OOC: If there's anything else you want to do before the group leaves, please post it. And please post something in any case.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 33 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 03:28
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
While they ready to rejoin the road, D'aden will approach each of his fellow travelers separately. The inquire are all the same, but he endeavors to insure that none have to respond before another member of the group. He has learned, the hard way, that likes and dislikes in regard to music can be as divisive as money.
Therefore, each one is approached and asked, "I wasn't thinking this morning, and realize that some may have found my singing to be disturbing. Please let me know if I've offended you, that I may apologize and endeavor to avoid repeating my error."
Olven Wolf
 player, 163 posts
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 07:33
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Well, I wasn't going to say anything," Olven Wolf says seriously, trying to keep a straight face.  "But your singing was positively repulsi-hahahaha!"  The mercenary can no longer keep up the charade and bursts into laughter.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, he grins and says, "Lovely song, sir.  I just trust you don't take to singing at three in the morning."

If Olven is bothered by Kar and Sara, he doesn't say anything, and he proceeds to pack up his gear for the day's travels.
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 20 posts
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 08:13
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Jarl chuckles lightly.  "Indeed, well played young man... do remind me to add a bonus to your pay." With a smile and a chuckle, it's difficult to tell if the elf is jesting or not.
Dragondog
 GM, 368 posts
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 09:24
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The giant woke up from the singing too, he didn't mind it either, and he ate his breakfast.

"Thank you for the information about Kalaman," he said as he waded out into the sea and dove under the surface. After some time he returned to the surface and threw the fish to land and dove again.

The three feet long fish landed near the heroes and it had no chance getting back to the water on its own.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 34 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 04:19
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden gapes at the fish, and shaking his head with a moan, avoids seeing it again.
"Perhaps it's fortunate that I was looking forward to fishing, I can't imagine what would have shown up if I had wanted to hunt."
Everything else is getting packed, but his mandolin stays out. Apparently he intends to practice his picking on the trail.
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 21 posts
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 06:09
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
With the help of his assistant, Jarlianthas packed up his belongings and prepared for the remainder of the journey.  A good start, he thought to himself, a very good start.
Dragondog
 GM, 369 posts
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 20:17
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I have a couple of things to do before I leave," Kar said. "So we'll catch up with down the road."
Olven Wolf
 player, 164 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 15:51
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Shrugging his shoulders, Olven Wolf says, "Sounds okay to me.  We won't be too far down the road."  The mercenary makes sure his gear is stowed on the wagon, then climbs up, ready to begin the day's travels.
Dragondog
 GM, 370 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 16:46
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I'll need you to go far enough to be out of sight," Kar said. "Otherwise I'll just wait until you do. This needs to be done in privacy."

Kar's hat shielded his face and he did not make eye contact with Olven or any of the others, though he was facing Olven.

Though there were a few hills in the area, it was mostly flat and doing as Kar wanted would take the rest of the team quite some distance away.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 35 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 04:53
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden calmly waits for everyone to start, offering only one comment, "Perhaps the best thing for us to do would be to go far enough that we're out of sight and then await you re-joining. I've been toying with the idea of riding ahead, a little, to scout. We really should have seen the giant coming. He's much too tall to miss, wouldn't you say?"
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 22 posts
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 06:01
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I agree, scouting ahead isn't a bad idea.  By the way please don't dawdle too long, Kar."

After double-checking that everything is packed securly, Jarlianthas begins the day's travels.
Dragondog
 GM, 371 posts
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 07:28
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As Kar and Sarah waited at the camp, the rest of the heroes rode out. And waited about a mile or so away. About half an hour later, the duo caught up with them.

[OOC: Is someone scouting? Am I misremembering or is D'aden still driving the wagon?]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 36 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 05:35
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"When I traveled with the gypsies, and I still don't know what that means, they would have their younger boys run ahead of the wagons to scout for trouble. After the boy ran enough to be tired, they would wait until they could see the wagons and wave to them. When they saw the boy waving on the road, ahead, they would send another boy to run down the road until he was tired."
"We could use a similar method, send one rider to scout an hour or so ahead, then when we catch up to the rider, send another. That way we won't do in the horses, and shouldn't be surprised by any more giants."

Olven Wolf
 player, 166 posts
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 09:09
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"I'd be happy to serve as a scout," Olven Wolf offers, inclining his head.  He looks off in the distance, and then back at his companions.  "We wouldn't want our scout to overextend himself, however.  Your plan sounds like a good one, D'daden."

Seeing Kar and Sara return, he gives them a smile.  "Welcome.  The two of you made good time.  Now, let's press on.  I'm eager to reach the Lyceum."
Olven Wolf
 player, 168 posts
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 10:43
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Around lunchtime, Olven returns from scouting to report what he's seen.  "There's a village up ahead," he tells the others.  "I'm guessing it's the same village that's near the Lyceum.  We're almost there."
Dragondog
 GM, 374 posts
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 10:17
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The heroes continued forward and soon arrived at the village. Most buildings were on the left, or ocean, side of the road. Though some buildings were on the hill side to the right too. And straight ahead, on the other side of town, and on top of a hill (not quite as high as the one to the right) was a tower.

The third and last hill in the village was on the far side, but to the left. All hills were covered by trees. There were some fields in the village too, as well as gardens near almost every building.
Jarlianthas Erethriel
 player, 23 posts
Sun 10 Oct 2010
at 01:33
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Excellent, we have made better time than I expected."  The ward master offered as the group continued it's trek toward the Lyceum.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 37 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 10 Oct 2010
at 05:23
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"It probably wouldn't hurt if someone stopped in yonder village. Both the tenor of the townsfolk, and their tales, could give us information about the local area we might be able to use. Besides, if we discover that the villagers will barter for provender we might be able to spend more time investigating."
Although he offers the suggestion, nothing in his driving of the wagon indicates he is choosing any course other than that set by the others in the group.
Olven Wolf
 player, 169 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 09:42
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Nodding his head, Olven Wolf says, "Excellent suggestion, D'daden.  We could use some refreshment after our ride, as well.  Should we stop over in the village for the night, or press on to the Lyceum?  Either way, let's stop and see what tales we can catch."
Dragondog
 GM, 375 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 11:39
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The heroes entered the village. They heard the sounds of a working blacksmith behind the first house to the left and a road that lead to the left between the first two houses.

A little further along, another street branched to the right and went up the side of the hill to a number of buildings located on the side of the hill.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 38 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 05:33
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
D'aden looks for people, finding none would be as telling as anything people they actually find might say. If possible, he will drive the wagon to an inn or something similar. If there is none, the wagon can sit in the road while he watches it.