Lupus Veritas (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 186 posts
Wed 31 Mar 2010
at 17:31
Lupus Veritas (main)
Three of the king's chosen heroes, Kar, Olven, and Owain headed towards the temple of Reorx. Owain was leading his horse and the three kept a steady pace, no one slowing the other. And less than an hour later, you see a sight that almost stops your heart. It is the Temple of Reorx. Designed and constructed by dwarves, but big enough to accommodate humans. Truly a wonder to behold. But nothing compared to the Temple of Paladine and some rumors persisted that there was more to come.
Olven Wolf
 player, 101 posts
Wed 31 Mar 2010
at 19:47
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
As the groups nears the temple, Olven looks up at the wonder overhead, admiring its beauty.  Truly, the craftsmanship of the dwarves is unmatched.  Though not a religious man, Olven respects the gods, and honoring them is only right to him.

"Well, Sir Owain," Olven says.  "We're here.  Let's see what these priests know of the midnight assailant."
Kar Reuel
 player, 29 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Wed 31 Mar 2010
at 20:06
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Kar stopped in mid-tread.  He was accustomed to Paladine's temple, having been through those portals these last harsh days.  Yet, to look upon the Red Dwarf's stone, brought wonder to his heart.

"Sire, shall we?"

Glancing to his side towards Olven, he mouths, . . . magnificent . . .
Owain uth Urien
 player, 28 posts
Wed 31 Mar 2010
at 21:38
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Owain grins. Mignight Assailant, a fitting name.

He takes in the sight with his companions and comments, "Puts our mission in perspective, doesn't it?".

The knight nods at Kar and ties his mount off somewhere appropriate. Then approaches the entrance to the temple.
Kar Reuel
 player, 33 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Wed 31 Mar 2010
at 21:50
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The monk follows with padded feet.  Upon reaching the doors of the temple, "If I may?" directed at the knight while grasping the white oak stave in both hands.  Kar raps three times upon the door,

. . . RAP . . . RAP . . . RAP . . .

            . . . RAP . . . RAP . . . RAP . . .

then steps back to wait.

Edit: Had to do the echoes ;-D

This message was last edited by the player at 22:37, Wed 31 Mar 2010.

Dragondog
 GM, 191 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 02:11
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
You hear the door slam and a section of the door slid to the side and a face was revealed. “It is after midnight,” the person said. “The temple is closed. Come back tomorrow.”
Owain uth Urien
 player, 29 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 03:41
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"My name is Sir Owain uth Urien. I apologize for the lateness of our visit but this matter is urgent. Please, grant us a moment of your time for lives are at stake."

Owain speaks with a tone of grave urgency and wears a most serious look on his face as he stands forward and addresses the man behind the slider.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:03, Thu 01 Apr 2010.

Dragondog
 GM, 192 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 07:19
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"The temple is closed," the man repeated and you feel the cold hand of his words. "Return in the morning."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:40, Thu 01 Apr 2010.

Owain uth Urien
 player, 30 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 14:17
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The smile returns to Owain's face. It was a forced reaction to stress, adopted through experience and hardship. The very act of the smile soothed his nerves and allowed him to react in a manner fitting his station, despite anything ill thoughts he may be having. His men knew to tread lightly and to respect the smile when it emerged.

"I was not aware that the gods turned deaf ears to those in need due to the lateness of the hour. But I can understand that their mortal servants have their own limitations and needs. Perhaps a charitable donation to the temple can be offered for its servant's faithful efforts?"
Dragondog
 GM, 196 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 18:00
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
“What kind of help do you need,” the man asked as if Owain had said one of the magic words, but all the while he kept each of you under great scrutiny.
Owain uth Urien
 player, 31 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 19:08
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Information only. We seek to consult with the lore of the temple on two matters. One matter is of immediate urgency or we would have waited until the morning. Please may we enter and speak more privately?" asks Owain as he turns his head as if to scan for unwelcome attention.
Dragondog
 GM, 197 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 19:25
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Now is the time for you to be more specific," the man said. "I need to know what you need to know so that I can guide you to someone who can help you and determine the appropriate size of your donation."
Owain uth Urien
 player, 32 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 19:38
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Both matters concern understanding the nature of unconventional beasts and how to overcome them. This night my companions encountered a wolf-like beast who murdered and partially consumed two of his neighbors. He can describe it in more detail. Since the other matter is somewhat related I seek to have it attended to as well. In the near future we expect to encounter ghosts, spectral beings and perhaps elemental creatures. I would like to know about their nature and how one such as myself can combat or ward against such things."
Dragondog
 GM, 198 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 19:44
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
“Something evil’s lurking in the dark then,” the man said. “Night creatures, spirits, and elementals. That requires that you speak with three different priests. This would require quite a substantial donation at this time of night.”
Owain uth Urien
 player, 33 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2010
at 19:57
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
"Just the night creature would suffice for now if it requires the disturbance of so many. I can consult the others in a more timely fashion another day."
Dragondog
 GM, 199 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2010
at 04:33
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
The man slid the lid shut and opened the door to let the trio in. “You’re fighting for your life and the life of others and all that stands between you and the knowledge you seek is that donation you promised.”
Owain uth Urien
 player, 34 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2010
at 05:26
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Owain reaches into his pouch and produces 3 steel dragons. He holds the coins in hand and awaits the priests reaction to the sum before offering them.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Fri 02 Apr 2010.

Dragondog
 GM, 201 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2010
at 12:04
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
“Reorx is most grateful,” the man said and stretched forth his left hand towards Owain, his hand open and the palm upwards. “I can wait here all through the night knight. It is my job after all.”
Owain uth Urien
 player, 35 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2010
at 14:35
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
Owain hands over the coins and says "I think this donation should cover both of your time well. Shall we wait here while you fetch the expert?"
Dragondog
 GM, 202 posts
Sat 3 Apr 2010
at 04:55
Re: Lupus Veritas (main)
“No, come with me,” the man said and started leading the way down one corridor and then another and then another until he started leading them up a staircase that curved to the left as they continued upward through the corridor, passing doors from time to time.

You start to freeze as the temperature in the corridor drops and soon you’re standing before a door at the end of the stairs.

“Wait here,” the man said, knocked on the door, opened it, and went inside alone. To return a little while later to let the heroes inside.

The room beyond the door was quite sparse. It was barely heated and lighted by the few braziers in the room, all on the visitor side of the desk. Behind the desk, on the only chair in the room, sat a dwarf. There were no other furnishings in the room, though another door led to areas unseen, and the walls were all bare and windowless.

Then the door closed behind the heroes as the man who had led them here left them alone with the cleric.

“How can I help you,” the cleric asked.