The Lyceum II (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 655 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2012
at 16:40
The Lyceum II (main)
After a refreshing night under the stars, the heroes awoke to a new day of exploration. A drizzling rain, that started not long ago, added to the ambiance.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 138 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 3 Feb 2012
at 20:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden uses the rain to assist in washing out some extra socks while waiting for the others to plan the days events.
Kar Reuel
 player, 93 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Fri 3 Feb 2012
at 20:53
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: With his daily rituals completed Kar began preparations for the day, he spoke to the group. "Are we to head back into the depths again straight away?
Dragondog
 GM, 658 posts
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 17:56
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I think that would be a good idea," Tarhall said. "Unless you have other plans."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 140 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 19:07
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I don't mind the weather, but it might be a bit more comfortable to be inside. Why don't we retrace our previous route to see if anything has changed?"
Dragondog
 GM, 659 posts
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 19:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes returned to the Lyceum by the same route they had entered and left the previous day. In the room with the large statue, where they the previous day had encountered their first spectral being, Jarl stopped and stared at the statue.

"I'm not sure how I missed that yesterday," he said. "But there is a secret passage behind that statue."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 141 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 22:01
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Perhaps it wasn't there, yesterday. If statues can move, why not walls?"
D'aden begins closely examining the statue, and the wall near it, fully expecting it to bite. He goes so far as to give it cautious little shoves, to insure it is immobile.
Kar Reuel
 player, 94 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Tue 7 Feb 2012
at 00:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Kar moved forward to look at the wall and gain a closer inspection. It seemed like a normal wall to him.

"Is there a way to open it? He asked
Dragondog
 GM, 660 posts
Tue 7 Feb 2012
at 09:51
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
When D'aden shoved the statue, it did not move.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 85 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 02:32
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall gravely considers the statue and wall.  "Often it is just a matter of finding the right spot."  He says- mostly to himself.

"Something just a smidge out of place.  A catch.  A depression.  Something loose.  Something discolored."  He muses, as he pokes, prods, and gently runs his hands over the statue and wall.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 142 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 18:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"It's got a little knob, right here. I was attempting to consider our current situation before complicating it further. Unfortunately, nothing really comes to mind."
So saying, D'aden pulls an arrow from his quiver and prods at the offending unevenness in the wall.
Dragondog
 GM, 661 posts
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 20:20
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As D'aden prodded the knob, the statue slid sideways and revealed a short corridor ending in a staircase going down.

[As a reminder, you haven't finished exploring this floor yet. Feel free to explore either floor first.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 143 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 21:19
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden will attempt to apply some source of light to the stairs and see if he can find some indication that the wayward children (we are still looking for the, aren't we?) went this way.

OOC: 15:18, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 10 using 3d6. tracking.
Dragondog
 GM, 662 posts
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 22:03
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes descended the stairs into a vast hall. Maybe 50 feet wide and as high as it was wide, and maybe two or three times as long. The floor was made of highly polished indigo marble that reflected the light the heroes had brought with them. Divided into slabs that were wide enough for two warriors to fight next to each other on each slab. The slabs were then divided by half a foot of what seemed to be a more durable form of mother of pearl.

The walls were covered by carvings that turned and twisted, weaving in upon itself almost as if a living thing. Or as of snakes writhing below the surface. The ceiling was vaulted, supported by gilded plain pillars in the walls every two slabs turning into carved covered arches when they became part of the ceiling. The ceiling itself was of the same indigo marble, but not so polished as the floor.

In the center of the room were three gilded pedestals of curious workmanship. Above each floated a sphere of light unsupported around an object. Closest to the heroes a finely polished black rock was surrounded by a violet ball of light. Over the center pedestal, that was in the very center of the room, floated what looked like am exquisitely cut ruby surrounded by a crimson light. And furthest away was what appeared to be a diamond of purest quality surrounded by a white light. Each of the rocks were about the size of a human fist.

In the left wall, in a straight line from each of the pedestals, was a door. The imagery on the door now something the heroes were quite familiar with, robed wizards whose faces could not be seen because of the hood or the direction they were facing and their closed fist formed the doorknob. Behind the wizards were constellations of the night’s sky, each door with a different constellation than the next.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Thu 01 Mar 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 86 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 10 Feb 2012
at 05:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall examined the curious spheres.  "They seem to be fairly straight forward depictions for the three wizardly orders."  He muses aloud.

Switching his staff to his left hand he stretches forth his right, making a curious gesture he murmers quietly to himself. "Batin corak sihir saya."
Dragondog
 GM, 663 posts
Fri 10 Feb 2012
at 09:48
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
GM passing a message

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:30, Mon 20 Feb 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 87 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sat 11 Feb 2012
at 07:22
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Obviously the orbs are enchanted."  He explains to his less magically adept colleagues.  "The pedestals are as well."  He continues.

"Be careful,"  He warns.  "It looks like they have some form of detection or perhaps a trigger spell upon them of some sort."

"The magic also seems to be aspected towards each of the respective orders represented..."  He advises.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 88 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sun 12 Feb 2012
at 22:18
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Do we wish to open a door?"  He inquires.  "I can also more closely examine the pedestals to determines exactly what spells are on them, but that will eventually become taxing..."  Tarhall offers.
Olven Wolf
 player, 316 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 18 Feb 2012
at 09:55
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"These could be part of the treasure that would benefit Kalaman," Olven Wolf muses, "but it's sure to be trapped.  Tarhall, if you could lend your magical aid to deciphering what protection they might have, perhaps we can figure out a way to remove them.  From where he stands, Olven looks around the room, careful not to touch anything or walk around.  No telling what kinds of traps are present.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 89 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sat 18 Feb 2012
at 16:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Selecting the diamond like sphere, Tarhall releases his sustained Mage Sight spell and concentrates on a new one.

"Jistrah tagopar Ast moirparann Kini."  He invokes.
Dragondog
 GM, 665 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2012
at 03:29
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall spent an hour casting his spell.
Kar Reuel
 player, 96 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Mon 20 Feb 2012
at 23:48
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: Kar sits patiently attempting to glean what information he could from the surrounding area. An hour he had to spare and he made use of it. Moving back and forward in an attempt to know the area better. Obviously, he kept his distance from any objects likely to be trapped.

He attempted to keep silent so as to not distract Tarhall from his spells.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 90 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 21 Feb 2012
at 00:07
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Interesting."  Tarhall murmurs.  "I could examine this all day...it is layered in magic"  He notes, not unhappily.

"Without further exhaustive analysis, my first guess is that this would appear to somehow provide direction to students."  He continues, indicating the white pillar.  "Whether it shows them to their rooms, or finds a library book, or starts them on their Test...I cannot say with out deeper, tiring, and time consuming examination."  He opines.
Olven Wolf
 player, 317 posts
 Honorable Merc
Mon 27 Feb 2012
at 12:14
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Frowning, Olven looks at the three jewels.  "You know, perhaps we should leave this room for later and continue exploring the floor above.  I'd love to take these gems back to Kalaman, but I'm afraid we won't be able to dislodge them, and the attempt would set off a trap.  Shall we go back upstairs and conclude our exploration up there, poke around on this floor, or try to get these gems off of these pedestals?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 144 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 27 Feb 2012
at 19:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I believe we could do worse than exploring the other rooms, first. There's nothing to indicate anyone has passed this way in quite some time, anything down there should keep. Besides, if this is the only way down it would be a perfect spot to waylay an unwanted explorer."
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 92 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 28 Feb 2012
at 07:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Agreed."  Tarhall said reluctantly, as he pulled his eyes away from the magical constructs.

"Our priority should be finding those children.  Riches can wait...they've waited centuries as it is..."  He suggests.
Kar Reuel
 player, 98 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 17:59
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: Kar nodded his agreement and then spoke "I agree, it is best that we ensure we will not be surprised by anything else. Finding the children should take priority. Even if someone else passes through here, it is unlikely that they will have the time or capacity to unravel the mystery of this magic."

He clutched his staff and paced about, keeping his eyes open to anything out of place.
Dragondog
 GM, 667 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Having determined to return upstairs, the heroes did so.

[Do you intend to go back to the kitchen, where you were last, or are you planning on going somewhere else?]
Olven Wolf
 player, 318 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 2 Mar 2012
at 02:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"OK, fellas, let's finish sweeping this floor.  Maybe those dracs will be here with the missing kids, if it's not too late."  His spear in a two-handed grip, Olven takes point this time.

OOC:  The kitchen is fine.  I'm always a bit lost about where we've been so far and what hasn't been explored yet.  Is the map updated?
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 93 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 07:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Indeed."  The mage agrees.  "Let us return to the kitchen, where we left off last and begin our search anew."  He opines.
Dragondog
 GM, 668 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 19:08
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes retraced their steps from the previous day and where soon outside the kitchen and dining room again.

[OOC: You've been in both the kitchen and the dining room and in both rooms there's a door that leads to the other side of the room.]
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 94 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 08:24
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"So, kitchen or dining room gents?"  Tarhall prompts.
Olven Wolf
 player, 319 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:58
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Let's continue through the kitchen first," Olven Wolf says, stepping inside.  He looks around to see if anything's been disturbed from yesterday before moving to the door at the other end.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 145 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 21:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden continues to shrug, and look ambivalent, "I truly have no opinion as to what we do next. Although if the kitchen was more functional, I might suggest we use it the next time we're hungry."
Dragondog
 GM, 669 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 17:38
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes went through the kitchen, no traces of their activities the previous evening remained.

The door at the other end of the kitchen used the staple hand grabbing handles that was ubiquitous in these halls. On the other side a short corridor led to the right and left, ending in a door to the right. Another door was on the other side of the corridor too.

The corridor looked much like other corridors they had seen did, but this one smelled like a stable and it seemed like the smell originated in the room on the other side of the corridor.
Olven Wolf
 player, 320 posts
 Honorable Merc
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 23:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf sniffs the air.  Quietly, he says, "Does this place smell like horses to you?  Or maybe it's jus the smell of horse manure.  Sir Owain, want to take point?  I'll follow you."  He holds his spear two-handedly.

OOC:  Two hands, Reach 2.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:37, Tue 13 Mar 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 95 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 07:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Readying his staff Tarhall regards the doors.  "Anyone feeling lucky today?"  he asks.
Olven Wolf
 player, 321 posts
 Honorable Merc
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 07:09
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Never been much for luck myself," Olven says, grinning wolfishly.  "Einee, meinee, miney, moe.  Let's go left first."  Advancing, Olven pushes open the door down the lefthand way of the corridor.

OOC:  Open door on the left.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 146 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 14:58
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden grins, "As an amusing thought, do you think it possible to build a room just off the kitchen and enchant it so that it summons, daily, a beast for slaughter and then preserve it until it is needed?"
He readies his bow and takes a position behind the spear carriers. "Considering the length of time this appears to have been abandoned, it would otherwise smell more like a charnel house than a stable."
Dragondog
 GM, 670 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 08:08
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As the heroes opened the door, they faced an enraged griffon coming at them.

[What do you do?]
Olven Wolf
 player, 323 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 12:59
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Steady, lads.  Wait for him to close."  Olven Wolf waits for the enraged gryphon to approach, his spear at the ready.  Gods, what a brute.  This could get messy.

OOC:  Wait.

So I'm guessing it's not the Enchanted Kitchen, then.  Damn.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 147 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 20:57
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden steps back, takes a bead on the griffin's beak, and says, "Sorry to be so rude, we should have knocked first."
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 97 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 03:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall concentrates for a moment, clearing fear and surprise from his mind...leaving only magic.  "Tanah Anak"  He intones calmly as a jagged chunk of stone forms in his hand.

OOC-  Stone Missile, "launches" at beginning of next round.
20:30, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 11 using 3d6. Innate Attack (projectile)- 16.
20:29, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 11 using 3d6. Stone Missile (19).

Dragondog
 GM, 672 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 15:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Before the griffon reached Olven's braced spear, it stopped and glared at D'aden. Still careful, but not antagonistic.
Olven Wolf
 player, 325 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 16:30
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Well?  What are you waiting for?" Olven asks, surprised when the gryphon halts its charge.  "D'aden, maybe you ought to talk some more, my friend."  Wary of sudden movements, the mercenary keeps his eyes on the creature.

OOC:  Hold the Wait position.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 98 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 18:23
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall blinks in surprise. With a flicker of concentration he continues to hold his stony missile in his hand.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 148 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 19:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden lets the tension from his bow, and addresses the griffin, "We're on a mission to obtain resources for a settlement a few days distant, to this abandoned place. It has occurred to me that we haven't seen evidence of the place being abandoned. I would certainly be angry, myself, if someone knocked down my door and started carting away my stuff."
"So, I was just thinking that before we go on and pillage like there's no tomorrow we should, at least, question whether that's the best way to handle the mission."

D'aden manner is matter-of-fact, almost nonchalant. Whether this is because he's used to having discussions with unusual creatures, or sheer bluff, is questionable.
Dragondog
 GM, 673 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 17:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The griffon squawked and kept glaring at D'aden and the other heroes.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIdZTSKLdBs is the sound of a Bald Eagle, magnify that for size and you'll get pretty close.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 326 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 18:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Uh, anybody speak Gryphon?"  Olven keeps his eyes on the creature, his spear at the ready.   "Look, big guy, we can do this the hard way or the easy way.  Your choice."

OOC:  Continue to Wait.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 99 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sun 1 Apr 2012
at 05:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall cautiously added a little more of his vital energy into spell...but for now he was willing to let D'aden try to communicate.

OOC- add one point of energy to Stone Missile.
Kar Reuel
 player, 100 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Sun 8 Apr 2012
at 16:11
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: Kar thought quietly before speaking. "Perhaps we can communicate using gestures?" It was only a suggestion, as he had never been in the presence of such a creature before. It never really occurred to him that one might fly on the back of this creature, but he had heard of knights on the backs of such winged creatures. What a thrill it might be to ride one of these.

He attempted to settle the winged creature using non-aggressive motions.

(OOC: rolled)
Olven Wolf
 player, 327 posts
 Honorable Merc
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 02:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Good idea, Kar."  Olven briefly considers flipping the gryphon a one-fingered salute, but thinks better of it.  If they could convince the gryphon to leave them alone, they might prevent needless injuries.

In the universal language of gestures, Olven resheathes his spear and holds his hands apart and up to show that he means the gryphon no harm if it backs down.

OOC:  Use Gesture as well to communicate to the gryphon that we are not hostile if he is not.
Dragondog
 GM, 674 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 07:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Looking at Kar, the griffon shook its head and tail and moved forward a few steps before stopping, now within striking distance of Olven, looked at the mercenary, and squawked again. Though it sounded different this time.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:24, Sat 21 Apr 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 100 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 10:21
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall continues to husband his magic in the palm of his hand.  Curiously he watches his companions attempt to communicate.  Fascinating.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 149 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 9 Apr 2012
at 14:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden calmly puts his bow and arrows away, and pulls out his mandolin. As he tweaks the instruments tuning, he says, "I would suspect hunger, what with being stuck in here, and I didn't keep any of the fish I caught. But this is similar to a situation I'm somewhat familiar with. We had a large bull, back home, and that dangerous, but not malignant, would get in moods where only a song would calm it."
D'aden plunks a chord or two, but before he starts playing in earnest he mentions, "Of course, it would also get in moods where only a sound blow to the head would calm it."
After this comforting thought, D'aden begins to play through all the calming songs he can remember.
Dragondog
 GM, 675 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 07:40
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The griffon continued forward, moving Olven to the side with his large frame, as it continued into the corridor.

[The griffon is now approximately in the middle of the corridor.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 329 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 12:16
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven stands aside to watch the gryphon pass by.  As it shoulders its way into the corridor, the mercenary scans the room the creature had been living in for anything interesting.
Dragondog
 GM, 676 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 13:57
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
GM passing a secret message
Olven Wolf
 player, 330 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 3 May 2012
at 10:30
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Phew!  This place smells awful!" Olven goes ahead to search through the mess.  Perhaps there is something of value hidden within.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 101 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Thu 3 May 2012
at 10:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall steps to the side, curious to see if it will walk by him as well.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 150 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 3 May 2012
at 15:19
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden continues to play, and retreats. If the creature follows, he'll attempt to guide it completely out of the facility.
He sings an old traveling song he picked up in a tavern frequented by muleskinners,
"You know I'm a dreamer
But my heart's of gold
I had to run away high
So, I wouldn't come home low
Just when things went right
Doesn't mean they're always wrong
Just take this song and you'll never feel
Left all alone
Take me to your heart
Feel me in your bones
Just one more night
And I'm comin' off this
Long and winding road
I'm on my way, I'm on my way
Home sweet home"


OOC: I couldn't resist, sorry.
Dragondog
 GM, 677 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 16:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The griffin continued down the corridor to the door and scratched the door with one of its claws.

At the same time, Olven explored the smelly room.
Olven Wolf
 player, 331 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 3 May 2012
at 16:46
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
His search complete, Olven exits the griffin's stall as quickly as he can.  "OK, I didn't see anything in there," he says.  "Let's continue on, shall we?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 151 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 3 May 2012
at 16:53
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden scratches his head, looks at the griffin, and remarks, "In for a copper, in for a gold." before attempting to open the door for the creature.
Dragondog
 GM, 678 posts
Thu 3 May 2012
at 18:34
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The door opened up onto a large courtyard, open to the sky, and the griffin didn't need anything else but quickly leapt for the sky and freedom.

The once carefully tended herbal garden had long ago succumbed to neglect. Weeds were everywhere and they were as tall as a man. The sky was just about the only thing the heroes could see more than a few feet away.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 152 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 3 May 2012
at 19:55
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As the griffin wings away, D'aden remarks, "In future, I should remember to carry a bridle for such occasions, Although I understand the dismount is problematic."
Standing in the hall, he looks through the doorway and tries to recall what he can of the flora and possible fauna that could be in the courtyard.

OOC: what could he possibly know about a courtyard?
14:53, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 12 using 3d6. naturalist, 13.
14:53, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 14 using 3d6. herb lore, 11.

Olven Wolf
 player, 332 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sun 6 May 2012
at 05:15
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Nice place out here."  Olven Wolf scans the courtyard, looking for anything of interest.  "I know zilch about herb lore.  Any of you want to examine those plants to see if any of them might be of use?"  The mercenary folds his arms and looks skyward.  "This is a useful place, actually.  The King should see about renovating and reopening this Lyceum once Kalaman is secured."
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 102 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 8 May 2012
at 21:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Formal magical teaching is restricted to the Towers of High Sorcery."  Tarhall replies absently.  "Of course, they might be persuaded to open a Tower here with the proper inducement"  He suggests.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 153 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 9 May 2012
at 02:16
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Putting his instrument away and re-organizing his pack, D'aden states, "All formal teaching does not have to concern magic, just think of all we've learned here so far."
Dragondog
 GM, 679 posts
Wed 9 May 2012
at 07:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
GM passing a message
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 154 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 14 May 2012
at 18:01
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"None of the plants look particularly useful, except as tall grass to hide in. If the former meal wasn't the only kender about, they could be having a party in there without being noticed."
Olven Wolf
 player, 333 posts
 Honorable Merc
Mon 28 May 2012
at 16:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf nods his head.  "Fair enough.  All right, let's go back inside.  Perhaps we can find those children today."
Dragondog
 GM, 682 posts
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 21:16
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes went through the dining hall, which showed traces of breakfast that hadn't been cleaned up. Exiting on the other side of the room, they entered a corridor with a number of doors on the left hand side and a corridor leading to their right.

They heard snores from behind the doors and a foul stench filled their nostrils.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 156 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 05:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden gets his bow and an arrow out, and stands back from one of the doors. He holds one finger to his lips, then points at the door. Then he readies an arrow.
Olven Wolf
 player, 337 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 10:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf nods his head.  His spear gripped in his right hand, he gently pushes open the door before taking up his spear in a two-handed grip.
Dragondog
 GM, 684 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 12:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes opened the first door slowly and quietly. They found four draconians sleeping in two bunk beds. All of them snoring. A couple of chests were shoved underneath each bed. There were some rubble in the corners and the room didn't look like it'd been cleaned in a long time.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 104 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 11:14
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall regards the sleeping overgrown lizards grimly.  Focusing his magic, another jagged shard of stone appears in his hand.  All in all, dying in one's sleep was not a half bad way to go...

OOC-
04:11, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 9 using 3d6. Stone Missile (19)

Olven Wolf
 player, 339 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 04:57
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf nods his head curtly and moves to stand over the draconian closest to the door.  He has no compunctions against killing a sleeping foe.

OOC:  Grip Spear two-handed, Reach 1.  Stand above sleeping for with spear tip pointed downward.
Dragondog
 GM, 685 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 09:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"We cannot do this," Owain whispered. "This is reprehensible."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 157 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 15:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden stands, bow drawn and arrow poised to release. He wavers, lifting his foot to step into the room and then putting it down. Finally, he relaxes, and slowly releasing the tension on the bowstring he lowers the bow. Turning to Owain, he nods once, quietly puts his bow away, and draws the broadsword he's been carrying.
Olven Wolf
 player, 340 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 10:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Raising an eyebrow, Olven shrugs his shoulders and motions everyone back.  Then, after giving everyone a few moments to move, he takes a step back towards the door and yells at the top of his lungs, "Hey, dracs!  You have one chance to surrender, or we start gutting you!"
Dragondog
 GM, 687 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 10:31
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes could see all four draconians in the room wake up and look around.

[What do you do?]
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 105 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 22 Jun 2012
at 11:36
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall frowns, but grudgingly complied.  These were twisted creations of corrupted magics.  Honor had no place in dealing with them.  Sighing he relocated and added a little more energy into his jagged stone projectile.  Patiently he waited for them to snatch up their arms and attack...or worse- cowardly surrender and force them to somehow deal with prisoners.
Olven Wolf
 player, 341 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 02:36
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Frowning, Olven Wolf judges the scene before him.  Such were the consequences of journeying with individuals who have differing codes of honor.  But Olven respects Sir Owain, and if the knight wants to do this honorably, then so be it.

"I'm going to count from 10 to 1.  Either put your hands up in the air in surrender or we attack.  10, 9, 8 . . ."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 158 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 03:46
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden mumbles, "Do they call them hands?" and as Olven counts punctuates each number by jabbing the air with his broad sword. In the meantime, he is singing a little ditty under his breath:
Bravely bold draconians were woke upon their cots
They were not afraid to die, O brave draconians
They were not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, brave, brave, brave draconians
They were not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
Or to have their eyes gouged out, and their elbows broken;
To have their kneecaps split, and their body turned to rock;
And their limbs all broke and shattered, brave draconians!
Their heads smashed in and their hearts cut out
Their liver removed and their nostrils plugged

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 107 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 3 Jul 2012
at 10:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall struggles to keep his stern enigmatic "wizard's mask" on his face.  Years of training tell, and he manages to keep a laugh to a mere twitch of his lips.
Dragondog
 GM, 690 posts
Wed 4 Jul 2012
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The four draconians all drew their swords and moved in on the heroes to attack.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:56, Tue 10 July 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 108 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 11:51
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall grimaces in annoyance.  Much more sporting not that they were swinging swords...A flicker of concentration loosens his stoney missile.

OOC-
04:50, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 10 using 3d6. Innate Attack (projectile)- 16.
Torso shot to closest draconian

Olven Wolf
 player, 343 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 13:36
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Spear at the ready, Olven Wolf waits for a draconian to attack.  Although he would prefer to kill their foes with as little risk to his and his comrades' lives as possible, he accepts Sir Owain's beliefs in this matter.  Still, things would be a great deal easier if they had just slain the draconians in their sleep.

OOC:  Wait.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 160 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 16:56
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden takes a step towards the draconian to the left of the door and clumsily thrusts his sword at the draconian's belly. The efficacy with which he performs the maneuver proves he is either a decent actor or a lousy swordsman.

OOC: step and feint, made skill roll by 8
11:52, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 6 using 3d6. faking a swing (feint), SL 14.

Dragondog
 GM, 691 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 1

Sarah and Kar ganged up on the first draconian, but it dodged Kar’s attack. Sarah’s swung short staff hit the draconian hard.

Tarhall’s flame wreathed magical rock flew from his hand and into the gut of the same draconian and brought it to the floor. Though it did not turn to stone.

D’aden feinted another draconian.

With one swing Owain cut another in half. Both halves turning to stone on the way to the ground.

Olven interrupted the last draconian’s attack with one of his own, but the draconian dodged and followed up with a swing of its own sword, which Olven barely dodged as he stepped back.

As the heroes had gotten a good grip on the draconians, the other three doors opened further down the corridor. Out of each of them came another four draconians, all with the swords drawn.

Tarhall -2FP

d1 vs. Tarhall, Kar, Sarah
d2 vs. D’aden
d4 vs. Olven

[At standard move, each door and thus each group of draconians, is about one second away.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 161 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 20:10
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Fairly certain that he has the draconian outmaneuvered, D'aden follows up on his feint with a bit of abandon. Swinging his broadsword in quick arcs, he slashes at the draconian, twice, with no mind towards his own defense.

OOC: All Out Attack, double. Both receive any bonus the feint might have provided (depending on the quick contest resolution).
15:04, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 7,15 using 3d6,3d6. two swings at drac.
15:08, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 6,9 using 2d6+1,2d6+1. possible damage, cutting.

Olven Wolf
 player, 344 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 09:22
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"More of these blighters," Olven snarls, and jabs forward again with his spear at the closest draconian.  They really should have done better recon first, maybe blockaded those doors before they started assaulting the sleeping dracs.  Next time, he reminds himself.

OOC:  Attack the closest draconian.
Dragondog
 GM, 693 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2012
at 09:11
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 2

Kar ended the downed draconian’s life and Sarah turned away from the stone, taking the opportunity to strike a blow from behind at the draconian facing D’aden, whom D’aden then cut to stone.

Olven’s thrust speared a draconian through, but before he had retrieved the spear, the now stone draconian had captured it in its chest.

Owain waited for the next group of approaching draconians and when they were close enough, he downed another one. The remaining three all ganged up on him. One sword missed him entirely. He dodged another. And blocked the third with his shield.

The other two groups of draconians also moved closer.


Tarhall -2FP
d5-8 vs. Owain

[OOC: Unless you decide the smash the stone to bits, the spear will likely be captured for the rest of the combat. It takes 7d seconds for the stone to crumble on its own. I know I've said it took longer before, but I failed to take the longer D&D combat round into account that time.]

[OOC: Owain’s player created him to be able to take and deal a lot of damage.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:23, Tue 24 July 2012.

Olven Wolf
 player, 346 posts
 Honorable Merc
Tue 24 Jul 2012
at 14:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Letting go of his spear, Olven turns next to his axe, sliding it out of its sheath.  He turns to face the next draconian, his expression determined.

OOC:  Let go of spear.  Draw axe.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 162 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 25 Jul 2012
at 04:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden was using the sword more for its threat factor than anything else, so he drops it and gets his bow out.

OOC: I've assumed D'aden is a step or two into the room, and that it might be easier to cover the door than to charge into the pile up that is sure to commence there.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 109 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sun 29 Jul 2012
at 12:18
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall grimaces again.  He seemed to be doing that a lot lately.  An almost effortless act of will summoned another jagged earthen missile.  Careful to not get himself overwhelmed, he takes a step back and keeps the approaching combatants in clear view.
Dragondog
 GM, 698 posts
Thu 2 Aug 2012
at 19:22
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 3
Kar and Sarah moved to the next draconian and though the first hit it with his staff and the other with her short staff, the draconian remained on his feet.

Olven and D'aden swapped weapons and Tarhall summoned another rock in his hand.

Owain made great slicing cut across another draconians torso, but it remained standing.

The golem under Tarhall's command remained in defensive readiness.

One draconian swung its sword at Kar, but he easily avoided it. Two others continued to fight Owain, but the wounded draconian missed and the the knight easily blocked the other with his shield.

The next four draconians tried to grab Owain, but he was somehow able to dance out of their grips. One of them didn't even come close to touching him in the dance.


Tarhall -2FP
d6 vs. Kar and Sarah
d7 vs. Owain
d8-d12 vs. Owain

[OOC The last group of draconians is now one second away.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 163 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 3 Aug 2012
at 01:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden says, "Good, more targets. Hope I brought enough arrows." as he backs up another step and whips an arrow from his quiver. The arrow is quickly nocked and pointed it at the most forward of the second set of draconians.

OOC: moves back another step to get a better range on the targets (step), fast draw to reduce ready time of arrow, and prepare to shoot a draconian during the next round (ready maneuver, fast draw to do it in one second)
Olven Wolf
 player, 347 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 3 Aug 2012
at 04:18
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
His axe drawn, Olven turns to face a new foe, lasing out with deceptive move that looks like it's aiming for the draconian's arm, but changes trajectory at the last moment.  "Sir Owain, do you need some help?", he asks, trying to maneuver towards the knight.

OOC:  Deceptive Attack.
Dragondog
 GM, 699 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 07:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 4
Kar and Sarah continued their battle with the draconian, both of them hitting it, but their opponent was still standing.

D'aden drew and nocked an arrow.

Another swing from Owain and the draconian was down and stone.

Olven cut into one of the draconians with his axe, slowing it down and drawing its attention away from Owain.

Tarhall and the golem held their ground.

One draconian hit Kar (4hp) with its broadsword. Another tried to return Olven's favor, but its wound worsened its swing.

The four remaining close draconians tried to grapple Owain again. He held one at bay with his shield, another with his sword, and he stepped out of the grasp of another.
But one of them managed to get a grip.

The final four draconians joined the fight, but none of their swings connected.



Tarhall -2FP
Kar -4hp
d6,d13-d14 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8, d15 vs. Olven
d9-d12, d16 vs. Owain
Olven Wolf
 player, 348 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 09:16
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Be careful, everyone," Olven calls out.  "Fall back if you need to."

Cheered by his success, he follows up his attack with another swing, seeking to fool the draconian again with a tricky attack.  He once more strikes out, seeming to attack the draconian's arm before changing his axe's trajectory at the last moment.

OOC:  Attack drac injured last round.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:42, Wed 22 Aug 2012.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 164 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 17:02
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden looses his arrow at the late-arriving opponents. Before he has seen the result of his shot, he is reaching for another arrow.

OOC: just shooting an arrow, nothing fancy
11:51, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 11 using 3d6. shoot a drac (bow 16).
11:58, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 5 using 1d6+2. possible damage (impaling).

Dragondog
 GM, 700 posts
Fri 17 Aug 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Sarah and Kar continued to pommel the draconian they had been fighting with, both of them connecting with their weapons.

Olven tricked the draconian he was fighting with, got a good gash across its abdomen, and brought it unmoving, yet alive, to the ground. Letting go of his sword in the fall.

D'aden losend an arrow and it stuck in the chest of one of the draconians.

With a quick yank, Owain managed to pull himself free.

Tarhall ordered the golem onward to aid Owain. It moved forward, but the fist missed its target.

Tarhall summoned another rock wreathed in flame to his hand.

The three draconians that faced Kar and Sarah all focused on Sarah, but two of them missed and she avoided the third.

A draconian attacked Olven, but he was able to avoid being hit.

The four draconians facing Owain, tried to grapple him again. One of them missed. He intercepted one with his shield and stepped away from the other two.


Tarhall -4FP
Kar -4hp
d6,d13-d14 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8, d15 vs. Olven
d9-d12 vs. Owain
d16 vs. D'aden
Dragondog
 GM, 701 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2012
at 07:47
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
OOC: At some point after I posted yesterday, my computer stopped working. Now I can only use safe mode no matter what I've tried. And because of the fixed resolution, I couldn't even post in the OOC thread.

Hopefully I'll have this sorted soon.
Olven Wolf
 player, 350 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 22 Aug 2012
at 02:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As his target falls to the floor, Olven shifts to face the next draconian.  Wolf's blood is pumping now, and he's beginning to enjoy himself, a smile starting to spread across his face.  Once more, he lashes out with his axe, the blade sweeping through the air toward its target, at the last millisecond changing trajectory.

OOC:  Attack new target, whichever's closest.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:07, Sat 17 Nov 2012.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 167 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 06:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Realizing that the draconians were becoming a bit too close for his bow, and recognizing that he had injudiciously dropped his sword earlier, D'aden takes a step back and switches from his bow to his staff. Under his breath, he adds to his previous ditty, singing softly through his clenched teeth,
Their heads smashed in
And their hearts cut out
And their livers removed
And their bowels unplugged


OOC: step and weapon trade
Dragondog
 GM, 707 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 12:10
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Sarah and Kar brought one of the draconians they had been fighting to the ground.

Olven continued his axe assault on the next draconian in reach, severing its right arm, which fell to the ground still holding the sword.

D'aden swaped his bow for his staff.

Owain cut down another draconian that ended up stone on the floor.

The golem punched one of the draconians.

Tarhall threw his flaming rock on the draconian with one of D'aden's arrows sticking out of it and brought it to the ground.

The two draconians that faced Kar and Sarah kept attacking the female and she continued to evade them.

The draconian that just had lost his arm, stood there looking at his stump.

With only two draconians attacking him now, Owain was able to use his shield judiciously in keeping them away.


Tarhall -4FP
Kar -4hp
d6 (down),d13-d14 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8 (down), d15 (one armed) vs. Olven
d11-d12 vs. Owain
d10 vs. golem
d16 (down) vs. D'aden
Olven Wolf
 player, 354 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 04:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Smiling grimly at his handiwork, Olven Wolf swoops in again with another axe slice, again aiming at the draconian he's fighting.  Just because the creature was now one-armed didn't mean it wasn't still a threat.

OOC:  Attaaaaack!
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 168 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 08:12
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden ambles forward bring the nearest draconian into his reach, and swats at it with his staff.

OOC: Move and attack, step to within two yards of the nearest draconian and swing the staff at it. 02:10, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 10,8 using 3d6,2d6+2. attack (SL 9) and possible damage.
Dragondog
 GM, 711 posts
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 19:05
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Sarah and Kar moved to one of the remaining two draconians attacking Sarah and  double teamed it.

With another swing of the axe, Olven was able to bring another draconian to the ground.

With his attack, D'aden's was able to draw one of the attackers away from Sarah and Kar, but his staff was parried while still at a medium distance away from the draconian he now faced.

Owain continued making stone out of draconinas. While the golem missed its mark.

One remaining draconian swung his swords at Sarah and this time he connected.

The other swung at D'aden, but due to D'aden's movement he was unable to connect.

The last draconian was unable to do anything to the golem, despite hitting it.

Tarhall -4FP
Kar -4hp
Sarah -3hp
d6 (down),d13 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8 (down), d15 (one armed, down) vs. Olven
d12 vs. Owain
d10 vs. golem
d16 (down), d14 vs. D'aden
Olven Wolf
 player, 356 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 14:07
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven steps back and looks down as his last draconian falls to the ground, then looks around the room at how the rest of his companions were faring.  Axe in hand, he moves to attack the next closest draconian he can see.

OOC:  Attack!
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 169 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 7 Dec 2012
at 04:31
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Apparently D'aden decided if the drac wants to parry, it should have every chance to do so as he begins to hammer away, swinging as fast as he can.

OOC: all out attack: double
22:30, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 13,8 using 3d6,2d6+2. attack (SL 14) and damage first swing.
22:30, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 6,6 using 3d6,2d6+2. attack (SL 14) and damage second swing.

Dragondog
 GM, 713 posts
Fri 7 Dec 2012
at 13:01
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As Olven and D'aden teamed up on the draconian, it was unsuccessful in defending itself from the onslaught and went down.

Sarah and Kar dealt with theirs. Owain sliced another one and the golem brought the final draconian to the ground too.

The heroes were surrounded by sixteen dead or otherwise downed draconians littering the floor.
Olven Wolf
 player, 357 posts
 Honorable Merc
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 14:10
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven looks around at their handiwork, the broken draconians scattered around them.  He disarms them of their weapons.  "More for the kingdom," he says, though he knows Kalamar needs more valuable resources than these.  "Shall we bundle everything back to the wagon and then return to continue our exploration?" he asks.  "And I wonder if we'll catch the scent of those missing kids."

OOC:  DD, do we have a map of what we've explored already?  What else remains on this floor?  I know we discovered a staircase to the floor below, but I'd like to make sure this floor is cleared of enemies first.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 170 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 05:21
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden looks at the downed creatures, and attempts to salvage as many arrows as he can. As he does so, he notes the similarity of dress and over-all martial nature of their foes. "You know, this has all the appearance of a barracks, with a number of off-duty guards in it. If that's the case, wouldn't we expect to find them guarding something valuable? Perhaps we should look in the rooms they came from, for some indication of what that would be."
Olven Wolf
 player, 358 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 05:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I'm glad one of us is thinking," Olven Wolf says, grinning.  Once he's gathered up the draconians' armaments, he begins exploring the rooms they were sleeping in.  Once this area is secure, they can always haul out the weaponry.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 172 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 04:21
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden retrieves the loaner broad sword, his staff, and any arrows he can find. "Considering the number of these lizard soldiers we've run in to, I would wonder if they are forming an outpost here. If they did so, it could be more of a danger to the kingdom than a lack of funds."
Dragondog
 GM, 717 posts
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 19:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes searched the rooms they had seen the draconians come from. They were all the same as the first one they had already been inside. Two bunk beds, some chests, all of them more or less empty, except clothes and personal items belonging to the draconians. Nothing that seemed of value or that might indicate why they were here.

They did note though, that the middle door, which no draconian had exited, led to the open area where they had liberated the griffon.

Which left them only with two options. Going back or going down the corridor opposite the door to the open area.

[Their armor could probably only be used by another draconian, while their swords are more useful for other races.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 361 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 13:02
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Let's haul these weapons outside, and then come back and explore that other corridor," Olven says, rubbing his chin.  He sheathes his axe and picks up his spear.  "You're right about there being a lot of dracs around.  They might very well be planning another invasion.  The king will definitely need to know about what we've uncovered here, anyway."

OOC:  Olven will vote for carting the weapons back to the wagon and then following the corridor.  We can probably just leave the armor here, unless it can be salvaged.
Dragondog
 GM, 733 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 19:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes brought the swords with them outside. When they got there, they noted that the carriage they had left outside no longer was there.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 177 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 01:49
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden cocks his head to one side, and tries to figure out which direction the carts went. "Do you think we're fortunate enough for the guys with the cart to have gone back for more food?"
Olven Wolf
 player, 368 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 04:51
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
When the exit the Lyceum to find the cart and Jarlianthias' guard gone, Olven's mouth gapes.  "Gods above, what happened here?  Come on, let's find out what happened to Jarlianthas' guard!"  He immediately begins searching around the area, hunting for their missing cart and the mayor's personal guard.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:36, Wed 23 July 2014.

Dragondog
 GM, 901 posts
Tue 3 Feb 2015
at 20:43
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Each of you earn 2 CP for your participation in this thread.