The Lyceum II (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 655 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2012
at 16:40
The Lyceum II (main)
After a refreshing night under the stars, the heroes awoke to a new day of exploration. A drizzling rain, that started not long ago, added to the ambiance.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 138 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 3 Feb 2012
at 20:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden uses the rain to assist in washing out some extra socks while waiting for the others to plan the days events.
Kar Reuel
 player, 93 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Fri 3 Feb 2012
at 20:53
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: With his daily rituals completed Kar began preparations for the day, he spoke to the group. "Are we to head back into the depths again straight away?
Dragondog
 GM, 658 posts
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 17:56
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I think that would be a good idea," Tarhall said. "Unless you have other plans."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 140 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 19:07
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I don't mind the weather, but it might be a bit more comfortable to be inside. Why don't we retrace our previous route to see if anything has changed?"
Dragondog
 GM, 659 posts
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 19:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes returned to the Lyceum by the same route they had entered and left the previous day. In the room with the large statue, where they the previous day had encountered their first spectral being, Jarl stopped and stared at the statue.

"I'm not sure how I missed that yesterday," he said. "But there is a secret passage behind that statue."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 141 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 6 Feb 2012
at 22:01
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Perhaps it wasn't there, yesterday. If statues can move, why not walls?"
D'aden begins closely examining the statue, and the wall near it, fully expecting it to bite. He goes so far as to give it cautious little shoves, to insure it is immobile.
Kar Reuel
 player, 94 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Tue 7 Feb 2012
at 00:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Kar moved forward to look at the wall and gain a closer inspection. It seemed like a normal wall to him.

"Is there a way to open it? He asked
Dragondog
 GM, 660 posts
Tue 7 Feb 2012
at 09:51
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
When D'aden shoved the statue, it did not move.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 85 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 02:32
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall gravely considers the statue and wall.  "Often it is just a matter of finding the right spot."  He says- mostly to himself.

"Something just a smidge out of place.  A catch.  A depression.  Something loose.  Something discolored."  He muses, as he pokes, prods, and gently runs his hands over the statue and wall.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 142 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 18:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"It's got a little knob, right here. I was attempting to consider our current situation before complicating it further. Unfortunately, nothing really comes to mind."
So saying, D'aden pulls an arrow from his quiver and prods at the offending unevenness in the wall.
Dragondog
 GM, 661 posts
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 20:20
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As D'aden prodded the knob, the statue slid sideways and revealed a short corridor ending in a staircase going down.

[As a reminder, you haven't finished exploring this floor yet. Feel free to explore either floor first.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 143 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 21:19
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden will attempt to apply some source of light to the stairs and see if he can find some indication that the wayward children (we are still looking for the, aren't we?) went this way.

OOC: 15:18, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 10 using 3d6. tracking.
Dragondog
 GM, 662 posts
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 22:03
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes descended the stairs into a vast hall. Maybe 50 feet wide and as high as it was wide, and maybe two or three times as long. The floor was made of highly polished indigo marble that reflected the light the heroes had brought with them. Divided into slabs that were wide enough for two warriors to fight next to each other on each slab. The slabs were then divided by half a foot of what seemed to be a more durable form of mother of pearl.

The walls were covered by carvings that turned and twisted, weaving in upon itself almost as if a living thing. Or as of snakes writhing below the surface. The ceiling was vaulted, supported by gilded plain pillars in the walls every two slabs turning into carved covered arches when they became part of the ceiling. The ceiling itself was of the same indigo marble, but not so polished as the floor.

In the center of the room were three gilded pedestals of curious workmanship. Above each floated a sphere of light unsupported around an object. Closest to the heroes a finely polished black rock was surrounded by a violet ball of light. Over the center pedestal, that was in the very center of the room, floated what looked like am exquisitely cut ruby surrounded by a crimson light. And furthest away was what appeared to be a diamond of purest quality surrounded by a white light. Each of the rocks were about the size of a human fist.

In the left wall, in a straight line from each of the pedestals, was a door. The imagery on the door now something the heroes were quite familiar with, robed wizards whose faces could not be seen because of the hood or the direction they were facing and their closed fist formed the doorknob. Behind the wizards were constellations of the night’s sky, each door with a different constellation than the next.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Thu 01 Mar 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 86 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 10 Feb 2012
at 05:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall examined the curious spheres.  "They seem to be fairly straight forward depictions for the three wizardly orders."  He muses aloud.

Switching his staff to his left hand he stretches forth his right, making a curious gesture he murmers quietly to himself. "Batin corak sihir saya."
Dragondog
 GM, 663 posts
Fri 10 Feb 2012
at 09:48
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
GM passing a message

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:30, Mon 20 Feb 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 87 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sat 11 Feb 2012
at 07:22
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Obviously the orbs are enchanted."  He explains to his less magically adept colleagues.  "The pedestals are as well."  He continues.

"Be careful,"  He warns.  "It looks like they have some form of detection or perhaps a trigger spell upon them of some sort."

"The magic also seems to be aspected towards each of the respective orders represented..."  He advises.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 88 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sun 12 Feb 2012
at 22:18
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Do we wish to open a door?"  He inquires.  "I can also more closely examine the pedestals to determines exactly what spells are on them, but that will eventually become taxing..."  Tarhall offers.
Olven Wolf
 player, 316 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 18 Feb 2012
at 09:55
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"These could be part of the treasure that would benefit Kalaman," Olven Wolf muses, "but it's sure to be trapped.  Tarhall, if you could lend your magical aid to deciphering what protection they might have, perhaps we can figure out a way to remove them.  From where he stands, Olven looks around the room, careful not to touch anything or walk around.  No telling what kinds of traps are present.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 89 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sat 18 Feb 2012
at 16:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Selecting the diamond like sphere, Tarhall releases his sustained Mage Sight spell and concentrates on a new one.

"Jistrah tagopar Ast moirparann Kini."  He invokes.
Dragondog
 GM, 665 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2012
at 03:29
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall spent an hour casting his spell.
Kar Reuel
 player, 96 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Mon 20 Feb 2012
at 23:48
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: Kar sits patiently attempting to glean what information he could from the surrounding area. An hour he had to spare and he made use of it. Moving back and forward in an attempt to know the area better. Obviously, he kept his distance from any objects likely to be trapped.

He attempted to keep silent so as to not distract Tarhall from his spells.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 90 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 21 Feb 2012
at 00:07
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Interesting."  Tarhall murmurs.  "I could examine this all day...it is layered in magic"  He notes, not unhappily.

"Without further exhaustive analysis, my first guess is that this would appear to somehow provide direction to students."  He continues, indicating the white pillar.  "Whether it shows them to their rooms, or finds a library book, or starts them on their Test...I cannot say with out deeper, tiring, and time consuming examination."  He opines.
Olven Wolf
 player, 317 posts
 Honorable Merc
Mon 27 Feb 2012
at 12:14
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Frowning, Olven looks at the three jewels.  "You know, perhaps we should leave this room for later and continue exploring the floor above.  I'd love to take these gems back to Kalaman, but I'm afraid we won't be able to dislodge them, and the attempt would set off a trap.  Shall we go back upstairs and conclude our exploration up there, poke around on this floor, or try to get these gems off of these pedestals?"