The Lyceum II (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 144 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 27 Feb 2012
at 19:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I believe we could do worse than exploring the other rooms, first. There's nothing to indicate anyone has passed this way in quite some time, anything down there should keep. Besides, if this is the only way down it would be a perfect spot to waylay an unwanted explorer."
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 92 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 28 Feb 2012
at 07:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Agreed."  Tarhall said reluctantly, as he pulled his eyes away from the magical constructs.

"Our priority should be finding those children.  Riches can wait...they've waited centuries as it is..."  He suggests.
Kar Reuel
 player, 98 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 17:59
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
IC: Kar nodded his agreement and then spoke "I agree, it is best that we ensure we will not be surprised by anything else. Finding the children should take priority. Even if someone else passes through here, it is unlikely that they will have the time or capacity to unravel the mystery of this magic."

He clutched his staff and paced about, keeping his eyes open to anything out of place.
Dragondog
 GM, 667 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Having determined to return upstairs, the heroes did so.

[Do you intend to go back to the kitchen, where you were last, or are you planning on going somewhere else?]
Olven Wolf
 player, 318 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 2 Mar 2012
at 02:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"OK, fellas, let's finish sweeping this floor.  Maybe those dracs will be here with the missing kids, if it's not too late."  His spear in a two-handed grip, Olven takes point this time.

OOC:  The kitchen is fine.  I'm always a bit lost about where we've been so far and what hasn't been explored yet.  Is the map updated?
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 93 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 07:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Indeed."  The mage agrees.  "Let us return to the kitchen, where we left off last and begin our search anew."  He opines.
Dragondog
 GM, 668 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2012
at 19:08
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes retraced their steps from the previous day and where soon outside the kitchen and dining room again.

[OOC: You've been in both the kitchen and the dining room and in both rooms there's a door that leads to the other side of the room.]
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 94 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 08:24
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"So, kitchen or dining room gents?"  Tarhall prompts.
Olven Wolf
 player, 319 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:58
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Let's continue through the kitchen first," Olven Wolf says, stepping inside.  He looks around to see if anything's been disturbed from yesterday before moving to the door at the other end.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 145 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 21:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden continues to shrug, and look ambivalent, "I truly have no opinion as to what we do next. Although if the kitchen was more functional, I might suggest we use it the next time we're hungry."
Dragondog
 GM, 669 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 17:38
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes went through the kitchen, no traces of their activities the previous evening remained.

The door at the other end of the kitchen used the staple hand grabbing handles that was ubiquitous in these halls. On the other side a short corridor led to the right and left, ending in a door to the right. Another door was on the other side of the corridor too.

The corridor looked much like other corridors they had seen did, but this one smelled like a stable and it seemed like the smell originated in the room on the other side of the corridor.
Olven Wolf
 player, 320 posts
 Honorable Merc
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 23:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf sniffs the air.  Quietly, he says, "Does this place smell like horses to you?  Or maybe it's jus the smell of horse manure.  Sir Owain, want to take point?  I'll follow you."  He holds his spear two-handedly.

OOC:  Two hands, Reach 2.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:37, Tue 13 Mar 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 95 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 07:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Readying his staff Tarhall regards the doors.  "Anyone feeling lucky today?"  he asks.
Olven Wolf
 player, 321 posts
 Honorable Merc
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 07:09
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Never been much for luck myself," Olven says, grinning wolfishly.  "Einee, meinee, miney, moe.  Let's go left first."  Advancing, Olven pushes open the door down the lefthand way of the corridor.

OOC:  Open door on the left.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 146 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Mon 19 Mar 2012
at 14:58
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden grins, "As an amusing thought, do you think it possible to build a room just off the kitchen and enchant it so that it summons, daily, a beast for slaughter and then preserve it until it is needed?"
He readies his bow and takes a position behind the spear carriers. "Considering the length of time this appears to have been abandoned, it would otherwise smell more like a charnel house than a stable."
Dragondog
 GM, 670 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 08:08
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As the heroes opened the door, they faced an enraged griffon coming at them.

[What do you do?]
Olven Wolf
 player, 323 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 23 Mar 2012
at 12:59
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Steady, lads.  Wait for him to close."  Olven Wolf waits for the enraged gryphon to approach, his spear at the ready.  Gods, what a brute.  This could get messy.

OOC:  Wait.

So I'm guessing it's not the Enchanted Kitchen, then.  Damn.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 147 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sun 25 Mar 2012
at 20:57
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden steps back, takes a bead on the griffin's beak, and says, "Sorry to be so rude, we should have knocked first."
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 97 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 27 Mar 2012
at 03:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall concentrates for a moment, clearing fear and surprise from his mind...leaving only magic.  "Tanah Anak"  He intones calmly as a jagged chunk of stone forms in his hand.

OOC-  Stone Missile, "launches" at beginning of next round.
20:30, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 11 using 3d6. Innate Attack (projectile)- 16.
20:29, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 11 using 3d6. Stone Missile (19).

Dragondog
 GM, 672 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 15:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Before the griffon reached Olven's braced spear, it stopped and glared at D'aden. Still careful, but not antagonistic.
Olven Wolf
 player, 325 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 16:30
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Well?  What are you waiting for?" Olven asks, surprised when the gryphon halts its charge.  "D'aden, maybe you ought to talk some more, my friend."  Wary of sudden movements, the mercenary keeps his eyes on the creature.

OOC:  Hold the Wait position.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 98 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 18:23
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall blinks in surprise. With a flicker of concentration he continues to hold his stony missile in his hand.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 148 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 29 Mar 2012
at 19:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden lets the tension from his bow, and addresses the griffin, "We're on a mission to obtain resources for a settlement a few days distant, to this abandoned place. It has occurred to me that we haven't seen evidence of the place being abandoned. I would certainly be angry, myself, if someone knocked down my door and started carting away my stuff."
"So, I was just thinking that before we go on and pillage like there's no tomorrow we should, at least, question whether that's the best way to handle the mission."

D'aden manner is matter-of-fact, almost nonchalant. Whether this is because he's used to having discussions with unusual creatures, or sheer bluff, is questionable.
Dragondog
 GM, 673 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 17:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The griffon squawked and kept glaring at D'aden and the other heroes.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIdZTSKLdBs is the sound of a Bald Eagle, magnify that for size and you'll get pretty close.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 326 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 31 Mar 2012
at 18:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Uh, anybody speak Gryphon?"  Olven keeps his eyes on the creature, his spear at the ready.   "Look, big guy, we can do this the hard way or the easy way.  Your choice."

OOC:  Continue to Wait.