The Lyceum II (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Olven Wolf
 player, 337 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 10:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf nods his head.  His spear gripped in his right hand, he gently pushes open the door before taking up his spear in a two-handed grip.
Dragondog
 GM, 684 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 12:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes opened the first door slowly and quietly. They found four draconians sleeping in two bunk beds. All of them snoring. A couple of chests were shoved underneath each bed. There were some rubble in the corners and the room didn't look like it'd been cleaned in a long time.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 104 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 11:14
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall regards the sleeping overgrown lizards grimly.  Focusing his magic, another jagged shard of stone appears in his hand.  All in all, dying in one's sleep was not a half bad way to go...

OOC-
04:11, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 9 using 3d6. Stone Missile (19)

Olven Wolf
 player, 339 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 04:57
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven Wolf nods his head curtly and moves to stand over the draconian closest to the door.  He has no compunctions against killing a sleeping foe.

OOC:  Grip Spear two-handed, Reach 1.  Stand above sleeping for with spear tip pointed downward.
Dragondog
 GM, 685 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 09:04
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"We cannot do this," Owain whispered. "This is reprehensible."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 157 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 15:52
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden stands, bow drawn and arrow poised to release. He wavers, lifting his foot to step into the room and then putting it down. Finally, he relaxes, and slowly releasing the tension on the bowstring he lowers the bow. Turning to Owain, he nods once, quietly puts his bow away, and draws the broadsword he's been carrying.
Olven Wolf
 player, 340 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 10:00
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Raising an eyebrow, Olven shrugs his shoulders and motions everyone back.  Then, after giving everyone a few moments to move, he takes a step back towards the door and yells at the top of his lungs, "Hey, dracs!  You have one chance to surrender, or we start gutting you!"
Dragondog
 GM, 687 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 10:31
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes could see all four draconians in the room wake up and look around.

[What do you do?]
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 105 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 22 Jun 2012
at 11:36
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall frowns, but grudgingly complied.  These were twisted creations of corrupted magics.  Honor had no place in dealing with them.  Sighing he relocated and added a little more energy into his jagged stone projectile.  Patiently he waited for them to snatch up their arms and attack...or worse- cowardly surrender and force them to somehow deal with prisoners.
Olven Wolf
 player, 341 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 02:36
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Frowning, Olven Wolf judges the scene before him.  Such were the consequences of journeying with individuals who have differing codes of honor.  But Olven respects Sir Owain, and if the knight wants to do this honorably, then so be it.

"I'm going to count from 10 to 1.  Either put your hands up in the air in surrender or we attack.  10, 9, 8 . . ."
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 158 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 03:46
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden mumbles, "Do they call them hands?" and as Olven counts punctuates each number by jabbing the air with his broad sword. In the meantime, he is singing a little ditty under his breath:
Bravely bold draconians were woke upon their cots
They were not afraid to die, O brave draconians
They were not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, brave, brave, brave draconians
They were not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
Or to have their eyes gouged out, and their elbows broken;
To have their kneecaps split, and their body turned to rock;
And their limbs all broke and shattered, brave draconians!
Their heads smashed in and their hearts cut out
Their liver removed and their nostrils plugged

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 107 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Tue 3 Jul 2012
at 10:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall struggles to keep his stern enigmatic "wizard's mask" on his face.  Years of training tell, and he manages to keep a laugh to a mere twitch of his lips.
Dragondog
 GM, 690 posts
Wed 4 Jul 2012
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The four draconians all drew their swords and moved in on the heroes to attack.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:56, Tue 10 July 2012.

Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 108 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 11:51
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall grimaces in annoyance.  Much more sporting not that they were swinging swords...A flicker of concentration loosens his stoney missile.

OOC-
04:50, Today: Tarhall uth Veyranth rolled 10 using 3d6. Innate Attack (projectile)- 16.
Torso shot to closest draconian

Olven Wolf
 player, 343 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 13:36
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Spear at the ready, Olven Wolf waits for a draconian to attack.  Although he would prefer to kill their foes with as little risk to his and his comrades' lives as possible, he accepts Sir Owain's beliefs in this matter.  Still, things would be a great deal easier if they had just slain the draconians in their sleep.

OOC:  Wait.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 160 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 16:56
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden takes a step towards the draconian to the left of the door and clumsily thrusts his sword at the draconian's belly. The efficacy with which he performs the maneuver proves he is either a decent actor or a lousy swordsman.

OOC: step and feint, made skill roll by 8
11:52, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 6 using 3d6. faking a swing (feint), SL 14.

Dragondog
 GM, 691 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 1

Sarah and Kar ganged up on the first draconian, but it dodged Kar’s attack. Sarah’s swung short staff hit the draconian hard.

Tarhall’s flame wreathed magical rock flew from his hand and into the gut of the same draconian and brought it to the floor. Though it did not turn to stone.

D’aden feinted another draconian.

With one swing Owain cut another in half. Both halves turning to stone on the way to the ground.

Olven interrupted the last draconian’s attack with one of his own, but the draconian dodged and followed up with a swing of its own sword, which Olven barely dodged as he stepped back.

As the heroes had gotten a good grip on the draconians, the other three doors opened further down the corridor. Out of each of them came another four draconians, all with the swords drawn.

Tarhall -2FP

d1 vs. Tarhall, Kar, Sarah
d2 vs. D’aden
d4 vs. Olven

[At standard move, each door and thus each group of draconians, is about one second away.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 161 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 20:10
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Fairly certain that he has the draconian outmaneuvered, D'aden follows up on his feint with a bit of abandon. Swinging his broadsword in quick arcs, he slashes at the draconian, twice, with no mind towards his own defense.

OOC: All Out Attack, double. Both receive any bonus the feint might have provided (depending on the quick contest resolution).
15:04, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 7,15 using 3d6,3d6. two swings at drac.
15:08, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 6,9 using 2d6+1,2d6+1. possible damage, cutting.

Olven Wolf
 player, 344 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 09:22
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"More of these blighters," Olven snarls, and jabs forward again with his spear at the closest draconian.  They really should have done better recon first, maybe blockaded those doors before they started assaulting the sleeping dracs.  Next time, he reminds himself.

OOC:  Attack the closest draconian.
Dragondog
 GM, 693 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2012
at 09:11
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 2

Kar ended the downed draconian’s life and Sarah turned away from the stone, taking the opportunity to strike a blow from behind at the draconian facing D’aden, whom D’aden then cut to stone.

Olven’s thrust speared a draconian through, but before he had retrieved the spear, the now stone draconian had captured it in its chest.

Owain waited for the next group of approaching draconians and when they were close enough, he downed another one. The remaining three all ganged up on him. One sword missed him entirely. He dodged another. And blocked the third with his shield.

The other two groups of draconians also moved closer.


Tarhall -2FP
d5-8 vs. Owain

[OOC: Unless you decide the smash the stone to bits, the spear will likely be captured for the rest of the combat. It takes 7d seconds for the stone to crumble on its own. I know I've said it took longer before, but I failed to take the longer D&D combat round into account that time.]

[OOC: Owain’s player created him to be able to take and deal a lot of damage.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:23, Tue 24 July 2012.

Olven Wolf
 player, 346 posts
 Honorable Merc
Tue 24 Jul 2012
at 14:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Letting go of his spear, Olven turns next to his axe, sliding it out of its sheath.  He turns to face the next draconian, his expression determined.

OOC:  Let go of spear.  Draw axe.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 162 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 25 Jul 2012
at 04:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden was using the sword more for its threat factor than anything else, so he drops it and gets his bow out.

OOC: I've assumed D'aden is a step or two into the room, and that it might be easier to cover the door than to charge into the pile up that is sure to commence there.
Tarhall uth Veyranth
 player, 109 posts
 White Robe Wizard
Sun 29 Jul 2012
at 12:18
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Tarhall grimaces again.  He seemed to be doing that a lot lately.  An almost effortless act of will summoned another jagged earthen missile.  Careful to not get himself overwhelmed, he takes a step back and keeps the approaching combatants in clear view.
Dragondog
 GM, 698 posts
Thu 2 Aug 2012
at 19:22
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 3
Kar and Sarah moved to the next draconian and though the first hit it with his staff and the other with her short staff, the draconian remained on his feet.

Olven and D'aden swapped weapons and Tarhall summoned another rock in his hand.

Owain made great slicing cut across another draconians torso, but it remained standing.

The golem under Tarhall's command remained in defensive readiness.

One draconian swung its sword at Kar, but he easily avoided it. Two others continued to fight Owain, but the wounded draconian missed and the the knight easily blocked the other with his shield.

The next four draconians tried to grab Owain, but he was somehow able to dance out of their grips. One of them didn't even come close to touching him in the dance.


Tarhall -2FP
d6 vs. Kar and Sarah
d7 vs. Owain
d8-d12 vs. Owain

[OOC The last group of draconians is now one second away.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 163 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 3 Aug 2012
at 01:35
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden says, "Good, more targets. Hope I brought enough arrows." as he backs up another step and whips an arrow from his quiver. The arrow is quickly nocked and pointed it at the most forward of the second set of draconians.

OOC: moves back another step to get a better range on the targets (step), fast draw to reduce ready time of arrow, and prepare to shoot a draconian during the next round (ready maneuver, fast draw to do it in one second)