The Lyceum III (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 766 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 07:18
The Lyceum III (main)
As the heroes returned outside with the swords, they noted that the wagon they had left there, guarded by two of Alexander's servants, wasn't waiting for them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:04, Wed 23 July 2014.

Desidras Rak-Mahl
 player, 9 posts
 Disciple, Order of Majere
 Vagabond Monk
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 15:15
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"Where could they have gone?" said Des, beginning to look around for signs of departure, struggle, etc. "This does not bode well."
Alexander Dross
 player, 5 posts
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 18:02
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Alexander looked around, dropped to a knee as he looked for tracks. "I don't know, I don't see any tracks."
Jeram
 player, 134 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 18:27
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Jeram came out of the place and looked around, hearing the questions of the others his face creased into a frown. "Where is he!?" he said, making a jogging effort to look around the area.

The man was confused and a little disappointed that his company had failed to protect a simple caravan.
Olven Wolf
 player, 392 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 18:42
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"Let's spread out, then.  See if you can pick up any tracks of the missing wagon."  Olven sets the swords he's carrying down outside the entrance and begins to circle the area where they left their wagon.  No tracker himself, he nevertheless hopes that at least one of them will be able to find traces of the missing guards, wagon, and the items they've scavenged thus far from the Lyceum.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 191 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 23:47
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"Don't spread too far, we have to be careful not to obscure the very tracks we wish to find."
D'aden starts thoroughly examining the ground, starting where he knew the wagon was, to figure out where it went.

OOC: 18:45, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 12 using 3d6. tracking (-13) but I might have rolled before, last year sometime.
Dragondog
 GM, 780 posts
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 08:33
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Jeram looked for the wagon, Olven suggested looking for tracks, and both D'aden and Alex did so. Des looked for any signs of a struggle.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:16, Sat 26 July 2014.

Jeram
 player, 135 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 09:53
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Jeram nodded as he wondered around and looked at the ground with some semblance of effort to find where the caravan and his allies had gone. "I'm not really very good at this..." he said, looking around to notice something that might help but taking extra care not to stand on any of the softer ground.



10:53, Today: Jeram rolled 15 using 3d6. observation?
I guess i'm not going to find anything :)


Olven Wolf
 player, 393 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 13:31
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Olven nods his head.  "Good point, D'aden," he says, and steps carefully around, attempting to avoid adding to all the tracks of their arrival.

OOC:  So we have the wagon wheel tracks from where we arrived here.  Do they stop or go anywhere?  Use Tracking at Per default.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 192 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 15:50
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"They appear to have headed back towards the town. We could follow them, but I'm not sure if that would be necessary. On the other hand, if I came out from a barracks and found a good disguise waiting, I might be tempted to head to the nearest enemy encampment using that disguise."
Alexander Dross
 player, 6 posts
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 17:44
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"Again, D'aden makes a good point. Perhaps we should follow the tracks back to town, something feels amiss."
Olven Wolf
 player, 394 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sun 27 Jul 2014
at 00:37
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Grinning wolfishly, Olven says, "D'aden always makes good points.  I agree, let's follow them.  They weren't supposed to leave, and we need the cart to haul back anything we collect from the Lyceum.  Let's hide the swords somewhere and then track that cart down."

He scans around for a good place to stash the swords.

OOC:  Olven will look for someplace to hide the swords, under a bush or undergrowth, and then he will follow the cart tracks.
Dragondog
 GM, 781 posts
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 06:19
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Olven hid the swords and the heroes started back towards town. When they had traveled some distance and were approaching a portion of the road lined with trees, they could suddenly hear nervous horses from among the trees.

And when they came into view, they had found the wagon and their horses, still turned towards the town but not moving. The servants were doing their best to calm the nervous horses.
Jeram
 player, 136 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 06:46
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"What's going on?!" Jeram asked as he jogged closer to the wagon trying to assess the situation. It looked like the horses were a little spooked butthe men should have been able to control skittish horses.

The stern visage crept upon Jeram as he looked over the men that were fooling with the horses.
Dragondog
 GM, 782 posts
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 12:40
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"A number of draconians approached," one of them said. "So we decided to hide. I guess they went inside as they haven't come this way. As for the horses, they were fine until you approached."

[OOC: Just to make things clear. Their reference to "you" talks about the group as a whole, not Jeram specifically.]
Jeram
 player, 137 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 13:46
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Jeram was a little frustrated at the comments of his soldier. "Well, go get them back under control  and then we can haul everything needed back. " he said before turning to the rest of the group
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 193 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 17:16
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
D'aden looks thoughtful for a moment, then says, "If the draconians entered after we did, it's doubtful they were the ones that we faced while inside. That means there are more, and it certainly is beginning to look like an encampment."
Olven Wolf
 player, 395 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 17:33
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"It makes sense to keep the wagon and the horses in a relatively secluded place, especially with more dracs in the area," Olven says, rubbing his chin.  "We can take trips out here as we need to.  If the Lyceum is seeing more traffic, then we should keep our supplies as safe as we can."  He takes a look back up the road toward the Lyceum.  "I'll go fetch the swords and bring them here."

He turns and heads back for where he secreted their captured weapons.
Dragondog
 GM, 784 posts
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 18:15
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Olven left to get the swords. The servants settled the horses, but the horses panicked again as Olven returned with the swords.
Olven Wolf
 player, 397 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 18:43
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"We should have seen about securing some horses that weren't so easy to spook," Olven says, frowning, but then he shrugs his shoulders.  "Alexander, perhaps your men can camouflage the wagon as best as they can?  At least it's not sitting in the middle of the road."

He turns and looks back in the direction of the Lyceum.  "Shall we continue on, then?  Those kids might still be inside, and apparently a small army of dracs is setting up base inside."

OOC:  Olven will wait for the others to do whatever they need to do and then head back to the Lyceum to continue to explore it.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:59, Wed 30 July 2014.

Alexander Dross
 player, 7 posts
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 04:59
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
Alexander nodded, "Yes, do try your best to remain hidden and camouflage the wagon won't you?

We must find the children, if we can.
"
Olven Wolf
 player, 398 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 06:46
Re: The Lyceum III (main)
"Don't forget the task the king set us to," Olven says.  "Yes, I hope we can rescue the children as well, but our primary job here is to secure any resources we can from the Lyceum to rebuild Kalaman."  Making sure the swords are stowed away in the wagon, he says, "All right, shall we get back to it?"  Spear in hand, he heads back toward the Lyceum.