The Dragon King (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Nassrin
 player, 24 posts
 Hill Dwarf
 "The Silver Lion"
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 21:56
The Dragon King (main)
"Well that's a good sign. I was worried we would end up dispatching sleeping lizards in every one of these rooms. Shall we check the adjacent room?"
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 483 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 02:09
The Dragon King (main)
"I wonder. If the lizard men came inside as far as they dared, what are we heading towards? Does anyone know what might cow a lizard man?"
Nassrin
 player, 25 posts
 Hill Dwarf
 "The Silver Lion"
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 02:35
The Dragon King (main)
"Good thought. Of course, it could be that they just feel quite safe here and that's why they were all willing to go to sleep without posting a guard.."
Olven Wolf
 player, 765 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 18:56
The Dragon King (main)
"No doubt an even bigger lizard," Olven says dryly. "Those lizards seemed to be guards of some kind, and if they were asleep, there are no doubt others around that are not. Let's keep our guard up."

Olven walks past the second gate to the third door Nassrin sees and checks it. If it seems safe, he opens it.

OOC: Go past the gate to the third door, and if it seems okay, open it.

https://docs.google.com/spread...MFAHUFmgM/edit#gid=0

Nassrin
 player, 26 posts
 Hill Dwarf
 "The Silver Lion"
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 19:08
The Dragon King (main)
Nassrin takes up the same position, ready at point with two swords out to blunt any enemy's attack.
Dragondog
 GM, 1471 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 20:04
The Dragon King (main)
About 20 yards further down from the door, was another door. And just before it another line of columns.

The walls before the first line of columns were decorated with glazed tiles in shades of red and orange. The walls between the two lines of columns used stone tiles in shades of blue and green in wave-like patterns. And beyond the second column line, was only bare stone with the odd shred of rotted fabric.

The bronze gate beyond this door is twice as high as the previous gates and substantially wider too. It was embossed with spiky geometric motifs resembling flames, but it was also dented and bent in several places. And a couple of yards beyond it, this large room ended in another wall.

Alvin checked the door for traps and found one. She attempted to disarm it, but failed and a lot of debris fell down, making a lot of noise when the door was opened. The room beyond the door was like the two previous rooms, including an arrow slit to the empty room between the large gates. These gates were thicker too so there was less room for space between the two gates.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:52, Sat 14 Dec 2019.

Olven Wolf
 player, 766 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 01:12
The Dragon King (main)
When the debris falls, Olven dives out of the way. "More noise," he says, grunting. "But whoever's garrisoning this place hasn't run out to see what's making all the racket."

He notes the third arrow slit and looks up at the gates again. Then he says, "Okay, let's work our way through the other side of the room, shall we?"

OOC: I'm traveling this weekend, so I don't have time to update the map. I'll do so when I get back home.

So that's the final door on this side of the massive chamber? Let's go check the other side now. We can start at the left side of the room and work our way up.

Dragondog
 GM, 1473 posts
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 20:59
The Dragon King (main)
You exited the small room into the large room and followed the line of pillars to the other side of the room, perhaps 50 yards away.

The gate and the door were the same sizes as the gate and door on the other side of the room and they were placed in the same place as they had been on the other side. Before you had the chance to investigate either, four lizardfolk and a robed draconian. Two of the lizardfolk were wielding hatchets and two of them were wielding knobbed clubs. The draconian was wielding a staff.

[What do you do?]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 484 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 23:46
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden assumes the draconian is similar to those he was previously acquainted with, so he drops his torch, and nocks an arrow. He comments, "is it wrong for me to wish that guy was wearing a crown of some sort?"
Nassrin
 player, 27 posts
 Hill Dwarf
 "The Silver Lion"
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 15:32
The Dragon King (main)
Nassrin has her two swords at the ready, but she does not advance forward on her own. She waits at point for the others to be ready so she can advance in formation with them, hoping they remember what she said about protecting them.
Olven Wolf
 player, 767 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 22:52
The Dragon King (main)
"A crown?" Olven asks, puzzled, but chalks it up to one more of D'aden's often obscure references. "The drac looks like a wizard. Let's take him out first." Olven advances, spear and shield in hand.

OOC: Spear in my right hand, shield in my left. Move forward to engage the draconian.

https://docs.google.com/spread...MFAHUFmgM/edit#gid=0

Where are the drac and lizardfolk? Did we see them come out of one of the doors?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Mon 16 Dec 2019.

Nassrin
 player, 28 posts
 Hill Dwarf
 "The Silver Lion"
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 01:16
The Dragon King (main)
Nassrin advances to stay beside Olven as he advances.
Dragondog
 GM, 1474 posts
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 04:28
The Dragon King (main)
Olven moved to the attackers and stabbed at the draconian with his spear, but it avoided the first one. While the second found its way home.

Nassrin stayed beside Olven and was too far away to attack anyone.

The draconian breathed fire at Olven that he wasn't able to avoid, but his armor protected him fully.

The lizardfolk advanced, two of them attacked Olven, but he used his shield to stop the hatched and he avoided the club.

The other two attacked Nassrin, but she avoided both swings.

[Olven vs. hatchet and club
Nassrin vs. hatchet and club
Draconian at range]

[OOC They came from behind. You didn't note them until now.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 768 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 05:31
The Dragon King (main)
"Fire-breathing. That's new," Olven says as he jabs out with his spear again. The previous draconians in the Lyceum didn't have breath attacks, but they weren't magic users, either.

OOC: Attack!
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 485 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 07:02
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden focuses on the draconian, ensuring his aim is true. He mumbles, "[Language unknown:  Vorun urie venhisyin virni undoutfor.]" for reasons that even D'aden couldn't articulate, breathes, and looses his arrow.

OOC: at least one aim maneuver before a determined attempt to skewer the draconian with an arrow (skill 16, aim maneuver one turn adding 3 for ACC of weapon, then all-out attack adding 1 for maneuver), strike by 9 (00:44, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 11 using 3d6.  shoot draconian with arrow.) which would hit a human-sized target at 70 yds.
He may do some damage (01:01, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 3 using 1d6+2.  impaling damage).
Why am I not surprised?

Dragondog
 GM, 1475 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 06:15
The Dragon King (main)
The draconian expertly avoided Olven's first thrust. And he tried to parry the second, but his staff barely missed the spear, and instead, he ended up skewered. And slid down to the ground unmoving.

D'aden aimed his bow at the hatchet-wielding lizardfolk attacking Nassrin.

Olven blocked the hatchet swung at him and stepped away and out of the swing of the club.

Both lizardfolk attacking Nassrin missed with their attacks.
Olven Wolf
 player, 769 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 23:31
The Dragon King (main)
The draconian falls, and Olven feels a sense of relief that the creature had fallen so easily. Its fire attack had unnerved the baron, but fortunately, that was no longer an issue.

Smoothly, he shifts his attention to the lizardfolk attack him, once again jabbing out with his spear.

OOC: Attack the closest lizardfolk.
Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 127 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 03:48
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin walked forward, with the lumbering form of Utrecht following behind her. Smudge was standing on her shoulder back arched, very alert at the presence of the draconians.
"No...absolutely not. I forbid it. Go hide somewhere. You won't be any use when I melt their faces off." she mentioned to the world at large as smudge jumped lithely to the floor.

Roisin tilted her head to one side. "Hmm draconians. Direct magic not so good." She shrugged her shoulders, as she moved forwards into the fray. "Can we not all be reasonable? You'll die rapidly unless you put your weapons down." She asked herself rhetorically as she sent a lightning bolt towards a draconian.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Wed 08 Jan.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 486 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 05:20
The Dragon King (main)
After shifting his aim to the lizardfolk, D'aden looses the arrow without fully drawing a bead on their scaly adversary.

OOC: using the same 'determined attack' as before (and the same roll)
Dragondog
 GM, 1478 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 13:07
The Dragon King (main)
Olven thrusted his spear at one of the hatchet-wielding draconians and it failed to parry before the spear ran it through and brought it to the ground.

The second draconian was able to parry Olven's thrust.

Roisin unleashed a bolt of lightning on the club-wielding lizardfolk near Nassrin which hit it straight in the torso. And it started shaking involuntarily.

D'aden fired his arrow at the hatchet-wielding lizardfolk and it penetrated its torso.

The club-wielding lizardfolk near Olven swung at him, but the baron interposed his shield.

The hatchet-wielding lizardfolk moves around Nassrin and continues towards the ranged attackers.

[What do you do?]

[OOC
Olven vs club
Hatchet. Injured. He is close to D'aden and Roisin and will be close enough to attack next turn.
Nassrin vs. club. Stunned and injured.

]
Olven Wolf
 player, 771 posts
 Former mercencary
 Now Baron Wolf
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 00:51
The Dragon King (main)
"Nice work!" Olven Wolf calls out as he shifts his attention to the last lizardman attacking him. Attempting to pierce the lizard's defenses, Wolf stabs out again with his spear.

OOC: Attack!
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 487 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 05:59
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden doesn't like the lizard coming towards them, so he steps forward and sticks a boot onto the critter To shove him away.

OOC: move and attack, push kick skill 11 rolled 10, rolled two for damage so knockback as if four damage but no damage done
Dragondog
 GM, 1479 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 03:53
The Dragon King (main)
Olven pierced the lizardfolk wielding the club twice and brought him to the ground.

D'aden push kicked the lizardfolk, but not hard enough to actually move him.

The lizardfolk swung it hatchet at D'aden in return, but D'aden stepped out of the way.

The stunned lizardfolk recovered and swung his club at Olven, but Olven knocked it away with his shield.


[What do you do?]

[OOC
Hatchet. Injured. He is close to D'aden and Roisin and will be close enough to attack next turn.
Olven vs. club. injured.

]
Roisin uth Bannatar
 player, 128 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 05:34
The Dragon King (main)
Roisin didn't really want to get close enough to the draconian to get hurt. She thought she might try to make it easier for Olven to finish it off and took a swing at it as it moved, looking to try to catch it off guard and draw its attention.

OOC: Feint

23:33, Today: Roisin uth Bannatar rolled 5 using 3d6.  Staff target of 12

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 488 posts
 Average wandering
 troubador, maybe.
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 12:03
The Dragon King (main)
D'aden whips out his sword and swings it at the lizardman with the hatchet.

OOC:
06:02, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 7,14 using 3d6,3d6.  fast draw (sword) -15, small sword (-14).