Arrival at Felucia.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
GM Hammer
 GM, 144 posts
Thu 2 Dec 2010
at 18:22
Arrival at Felucia
As everyone arrived at their stations, the proximity alert sounded and the ship dropped out of hyperspace.  As the blue tunnel of hyperspace faded away, you all got a brief glimpse of the planet Felucia hanging just below your ship.  Crash informed you all that your trajectory was perfect and that you were approaching on a vector that would take you to the planned landing sight.

The Banshee descended through Felucia's outer atmosphere, punching through the clouds.  It was soon easy to see the canyon that would mask your approach.  Sirona started diving toward the canyon quickly.  On the approach you got a good look at the fungal swamps and jungles of Felucia, where towering mushrooms reached up into the air like skyscrapers.  It would probably have been more beautiful if it weren't rushing up at you so quickly.  Sirona dipped the ship beneath the walls of the canyon, and started racing along it.

"Hang on!" she said, "This could get tight really fast."

The walls of the canyon were lined with giant flowers and bloated fungi, which made the canyon much tighter than it had appeared on the map.  Before the ship got very far, it barely bumped one of the mushrooms clinging to the canyon wall.  However that tiny bump, turned into a big problem, when the fungus exploded.


"What the...?" Sirona exclaimed.  The ship was buffeted by the explosion and splattered with biomatter.  You felt a lurch and a sickening dip as the repulsors began to give out.  "Brace!" Sirona yelled.

Sirona pulled hard on the control stick to try and pull the ship out of the dive.  The ship lurched forward, shedding much of the biomatter.  Sirona pointed the nose of the ship clumsily at a soft and large shelf mushroom near the lip of the canyon.  The Banshee arched slightly upward and slid to a screeching halt on top of the mushroom cap.  Everyone's viewscreens were still obscured by a translucent film left by the biomatter from the exploding fungus.

"Crash, status report!" Sirona called out.

"Oh dear, I'm not sure," Crash said.  "I knew something like this would happen.  We should have just flown in open atmosphere."

"Yes, and have the Empire detect us and shoot us down, that would have been so much better," Sirona snapped back.  "Now get me a status report."

"Give me a moment to assess the damage," Crash said, wobbling from his copilot station to move around the ship.

"Everyone report," Captain Okeefe said.  "Any injuries?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:22, Thu 02 Dec 2010.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 24 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 3 Dec 2010
at 17:30
Re: Arrival at Felucia
[edited to remove incorrect information]

"No injuries to report here.  Could have been worse, by the way.  We could have landed in a Hutt sewer."  Looking out the viewport, Urb'n said, "I would have chosen a better place to crash though."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:32, Fri 07 Jan 2011.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 93 posts
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 03:13
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"I'm fine," Jack replied.  He unbuckled his crash webbing but stayed seated.  "But we should get out of here and fast."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:52, Mon 17 Jan 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 25 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 12:33
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Looks like we might need some gear to get down from here.  Does this ship carry syntherope?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 145 posts
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 17:04
Re: Arrival at Felucia

"Yes," Sirona replied.  "The Banshee carries all basic supplies.  I should have enough food and water to last the four of you about a week, though we certainly shouldn't be here that long."  She directed you to where the supplies were, then went outside to assess the damage, while Crash inspected the innards of the ship.

As soon as Captain Okeefe opened the hatch you could all feel the thick, humid air seep into the ship almost immediately.  When she returned, she had less than stellar news.  While the Banshee had survived the landing mostly intact, it wouldn't be taking off any time soon.  "I think Crash and I can make the repairs," she said.  "But I can't give you an estimate of when the work will be done.  Fortunately, the ship is hidden by the jungle canopy, so we should be able to work in relative safety.  You already have the directions to the prison facility on Connus' and Urb'n'ploon's datapads, and now you have the Banshee's location, and the syntherope should be long enough to let you get to the ground, so you can probably go ahead and get going."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:05, Fri 07 Jan 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 26 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 20:23
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urbn went to take stock of the ship's supplies and to gather up some syntherope.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 94 posts
Mon 17 Jan 2011
at 07:03
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Let's get going," Jack said, his rifle already ready.
GM Hammer
 GM, 146 posts
Tue 18 Jan 2011
at 16:45
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Connus tried to climb down the rope first.  He almost slipped right at the get go, but was able to keep his footing--which lasted all of 2 seconds.  He fell the full 9 meters, and landed hard on his rear.  Talamon followed in like manner, never managing to hang on really at all.

Urb'n followed next.  He ably climbed halfway down the rope before he slipped, he was able to slow his progress down by scrabbling for the rope, so that he only jammed his legs when he landed.

Jack smiled at the others then hopped out of the ship and broke his fall with a blast from his jet pack.  "It's the only way to fly," he grinned at Urb'n.

"Well, Urb'n" Connus said, getting up and rubbing his behind.  "You're the one who's been here before, we'll let you lead."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:53, Tue 18 Jan 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 147 posts
Fri 21 Jan 2011
at 18:48
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Your first steps onto the soil of Felucia made it clear that this planet was truly alive. Massive mushrooms now towered overhead, their overhanging edges creating a canopy that blocked out much of the planet’s sunlight. Every step on Felucian soil turned up insects and other fungi just beneath the surface. The noise of the jungle was loud and alien, full of the sounds of a hundred insects and animals moving through the mushroom swamps, all part of a living and vibrant ecosystem.

Your first hour of travel you were able to make excellent progress towards the prison facility.
GM Hammer
 GM, 148 posts
Sat 22 Jan 2011
at 21:25
Re: Arrival at Felucia

The next few hours did not go so well.  Within the first hour you seem to have gotten turned around somehow, and during the next hour of trying to get back on track...
GM Hammer
 GM, 149 posts
Mon 24 Jan 2011
at 20:49
Re: Arrival at Felucia
...both Talamon and Connus stopped short, but they did not have time to warn either Jack or Urb'n.  Both of them suddenly felt like they had a mouthful of dust; only it wasn't dust--it was squishier.  When they started feeling the stings, they realized they had walked into an insect swarm.  Fortunately, the swarm was just as surprised by your appearance as you were by theirs, so they didn't do much harm before you had time to react.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:51, Mon 24 Jan 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 32 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 12:50
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n checks his feelings using the Force to determine if moving out of the swarm will simply make matters worse.

UtF check: 28
GM Hammer
 GM, 150 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 21:13
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack quickly moved out of the swarm.  Urb'n, stood there, connecting with the Force.  He realized that indeed it would be better to move out of the swarm.  The swarm, now no longer surprised, attacked Urb'n viciously, while he made his decision.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 33 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 03:04
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n sprang from his position and tried to get out of the swarm as quickly as he could.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 97 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 03:27
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"We need to do something," Jack said, spitting out the foul insects.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 34 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 22:24
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Survival check to know what to do about the swarm: 17
GM Hammer
 GM, 151 posts
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 18:44
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Unfortunately, Urb'n's Survival knowledge was not sufficient enough to know how to handle the swarm.  "How about we just run away from them," Talamon suggested.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 35 posts
 ex-Jedi
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 00:22
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n drew his lightsaber and ignited it.  "Lead the way," he said with a grimace.  It just wasn't his day.
GM Hammer
 GM, 152 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 21:30
Re: Arrival at Felucia
It wasn't too difficult to get away from the swarm.  The insects only chased you for one minute.  Apparently they weren't that interested in pursuing you.  As you continued the trek...
GM Hammer
 GM, 153 posts
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 19:03
Re: Arrival at Felucia
...you almost fell into a sinkhole.  Fortunately you were all able to identify it and avoid the hazard.

Urb'n was able to get the group back on track for another hour, but then struggled for 2 hours to find his way.  Finally, he got his bearings straightened out and they headed successfully in the correct direction for 4 more hours.  Between the hazards and the long marching, everyone was starting to wear down.

Night was starting to fall and the cacophony of noise created by insects and animals made it nearly impossible to hear the splash of your footsteps through the swamp. The open area you walked into resembled a large shallow pool of water with narrow islands rising out of the water, looking like stepping stones that were slightly too far apart to jump across. A faint mist hung over the swampy ground, drifting over the still pool of water. By now, the crazy colors and weird sunlight were tiring your eyes, but you saw something unusual in the distance – something stark and white that appeared to be leaning against a large fungus.

As you approached it, you realized it was stormtrooper armor, stuck on a stake in the ground.  You didn't have to travel much farther to see a scout trooper helmet with a stake poking all the way through it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:04, Tue 01 Feb 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 154 posts
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 19:08
Re: Arrival at Felucia
As you stand on an island in the middle of the swampy area, you each notice two humanoid-shaped beings lying prone on a pair of islands in front of  you (see the map for your party's location and the location of the two beings).  The beings have mud and other foliage plastered to their bodies as camouflage, making them difficult to see against the backdrop of the swamp.  Connus and Talamon seem aware of at least one of the beings.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:12, Mon 07 Feb 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 155 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 19:41
Re: Arrival at Felucia
The two beings seemed not to realize that they had been spotted, remaining still.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 39 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 10:31
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n drew his lightsaber, ignited it, and moved 3 squares to the right, and one forward.
GM Hammer
 GM, 156 posts
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 19:51
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Suddenly, another being (F3) stood up on one of the islands behind you, and reached his arm out towards Urb'n.  Both Urb'n and Talamon could feel the weak use of the Force in the action but nothing happened.  Now that one of them was standing up, you could see that they were tall, muscular bipedal beings.  In their hands, they held the long, slender form of a rancor's jawbone.  Their bodies were barely covered by a leafy loincloth.  A tangle of tendrils around their faces made it impossible to see their eyes.

The being that Urb'n had moved towards (F2), stood up as well, realizing that he had been discovered.  He started to close in on Urb'n.

Connus drew his heavy blaster pistol and shot the being who had tried to attack Urb'n.  He hit him in the chest, and the being went down hard.

Another being (F4) popped up on the other island behind you and reached out his arm towards Connus.  Again, nothing happened.

Talamon quickly drew his lightsaber and moved gracefully through the water (he succeeded on his Acrobatics check to move at normal speed through difficult terrain) towards the being who had tried to attack Connus.

(NOTE: Sorry I forgot to tell you, but the water is difficult terrain, so 2x movement cost.  We won't worry about it for Urb'n's movement, because it was only off by 1 sq.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 101 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 04:18
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack stood his ground, pulled out his blaster rifle and fired at one of the beings (F1).

OOC Sorry for the delay guys, crazy days at the Hammerquist home.
GM Hammer
 GM, 157 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 18:43
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack found it difficult to hit the being, as he was still lying prone: Jack's shot went well over the being's head.

The being at which Jack shot, finally arose, and started moving towards Jack, raising his skullblade as he came.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 40 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 19:28
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n rolled a 17 for his K(life sciences) check.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 41 posts
 ex-Jedi
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 12:56
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n moves one square to the right diagonally and attacks F2 with his lightsaber.  (He rolls a 10.)
GM Hammer
 GM, 158 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 17:59
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Had Urb'n been at full strength, he would have barely hit the Felucian.  As it was, he was a little too slow and the being sidestepped the swing.  The Felucian parried, swinging with a heavy hand, nearly cutting Urb'n in half. 

Connus fired at the only Felucian that he didn't have to shoot through one of his allies to hit (F1).  He nailed the poor fellow in the chest, killing him instantly.

One of the Felucians (F4) and Talamon closed in on each other, and Talamon swung his lightsaber, making deep cuts into the being, but not quite killing him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:59, Mon 07 Mar 2011.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 102 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2011
at 20:59
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack took his time and aimed at shot at the Felucian fighting Talamon.
GM Hammer
 GM, 159 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2011
at 22:21
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack nailed the Felucian (F4), finishing him off.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 42 posts
 ex-Jedi
Sun 13 Mar 2011
at 12:32
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n, bloodied by his experience thus far on Felucia, pulled inward and assumed a defensive posture.  He fought defensively, electing not to attack at all.

"Take a shot!" he told his comrades.  "Don't worry about hitting me."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:46, Fri 25 Mar 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 160 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 18:16
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Before anyone else could get off a shot, the Felucian again swung his blade, but Urb'n's defense was too much--he parried the blow with his lightsaber.

Connus moved slightly to get a better angle on the Felucian, then he fired, but missed.

Talamon tried to come over to help, but was sluggish through the water.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 103 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 01:09
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack took Aim at the final Felucian and fired.
GM Hammer
 GM, 161 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 19:42
Re: Arrival at Felucia

Jack was able to carefully shoot around Urb'n and hit the Felucian.  Jack's shot took the Felucian down.

Suddenly a man's voice echoed through the swampy area.  "Peace! Please, stop fighting!"
Jack Shepherd
 player, 104 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2011
at 04:49
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Who's there?!"  Jack shouted, keeping his rifle at the ready.  "Show yourself!"
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 43 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 19:57
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n looked to see where the voice came from.
GM Hammer
 GM, 162 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2011
at 19:15
Re: Arrival at Felucia
A middle-aged Human with a scarred face and stringy gray hair came running out of the fungal forest.  He had his hands wide so that you could see he was unarmed.  His running in the knee-deep water caused large splashes.

"This is all a misunderstanding.  Quickly, help me revive them or it will be nearly impossible to convince the natives to trust you."  The newcomer said as he moved toward one of the fallen bodies.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:07, Wed 30 Mar 2011.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 105 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2011
at 05:42
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack lowered his gun and nodded to the others.  He had no training in healing.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 44 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 1 Apr 2011
at 18:28
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n took the opportunity provided by the precipitous break in the battle to collect and regain himself.  He then moved toward the nearest fallen Felucian.  "Does anyone have a med pack?"  he asked.
GM Hammer
 GM, 163 posts
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 17:20
Re: Arrival at Felucia


Unfortunately nobody had a medpac, but Talamon spoke up "I can heal through the Force."

"Then take care of that Felucian," the stranger said pointing to the being that Connus had shot at the beginning of the fight.  Meanwhile, he worked on the second one that Connus had shot.

"These young Felucians are scouts for the nearby village," the stranger explained.  "There have been problems recently with Imperial agents capturing their scouts, so they're even more wary of outsiders than they were during the war.  That's why they put up the effigies," he said, referring to the stormtrooper armor scarecrow and the scout trooper helmet on a pike.  "They were hoping to scare people away.  I can see you're obviously not agents of the Empire, but the Felucians can't tell the difference.  Still, they usually do not attack unprovoked.  Did any of you attack them first?"
Jack Shepherd
 player, 106 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 05:56
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"I'm afraid so," Jack said, looking over at Urb'n.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 45 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 13:49
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"If you call responding to a potential ambush provocation," replied Urb'n, "then yes."
GM Hammer
 GM, 164 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 21:21
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Ambush?" the stranger asked.  Then after looking around at the position of the bodies, he said "I guess they did have you surrounded.  I don't think that was intentional.  They're a young group and probably overly curious and ambitious, but usually they just hide and observe."

The stranger stared at Urb'n for a while.  "Don't I know you from somewhere?" he asked.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 46 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 22:45
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Yes," said Urb'n.  Motioning to the fallen natives, he quickly changed the subject.  "There must be a settlement nearby.  If we hurry these wounded there, we may stand a better chance of saving their lives."
GM Hammer
 GM, 165 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2011
at 18:29
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"There is a village nearby," the stranger replied.  "It's where I've been living ever since the natives nursed me back to health.  But three of these Felucians are about to die, and we don't have time to move them."

The stranger continued to pull healing herbs out of his pouch and apply them to the first Felucian.  Soon he was done.  "There.  He's alive now, but unconscious."  He silently moved to the next Felucian.

Meanwhile Talamon used the Force to heal the one Felucian that wasn't quite on the point of death.  The Felucian slowly opened his eyes.  Upon seeing Talamon, he started to get up quickly.

The stranger briefly stood up and spoke to him in guttural language.  The Felucian seemed to calm down after that, and gave a slight nod to Talamon, thanking him.  He then approached the stranger who had gone back to work on the second mortally wounded Felucian.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:30, Wed 06 Apr 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 47 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 7 Apr 2011
at 01:33
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"You referred to those Stormtroopers as effigies," said Urb'n, pointing toward one of the poles with his unignited lightsaber.  "What kind of Imperial activity occurs in this area?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 166 posts
Wed 13 Apr 2011
at 16:03
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Basically it's just patrols that pass nearby," the stranger explained.  "But any Felucian they come upon, they try to capture them.  We're not yet sure where they're taking them, though we have an idea."

As he talked, he continued to attend to the Felucian before him.  Soon he announced "He's ready now too." He then moved on to the last Felucian.
GM Hammer
 GM, 167 posts
Mon 18 Apr 2011
at 23:41
Re: Arrival at Felucia
After a short time, the stranger had finished with him too.  "Now, we need to get back to the village.  I just hope I can explain the misunderstanding to the chief."  He sighed, and then pointed to two of the Felucians.  "Why don't you two," he said indicating Jack and Urb'n (you two are the strongest), "carry them back to the village.  Our scout here will take the other."   The recovered Felucian picked up one of his fallen comrades.  "I would help, but my leg hasn't been the same since my unit was ambushed by clones during the War."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:57, Tue 31 May 2011.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 107 posts
Thu 28 Apr 2011
at 04:07
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Alright," Jack said, then helped to heft the bulky plant/life-form.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 49 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 2 May 2011
at 16:39
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n walked over and helped Jack lift the Felucian.  "We'll follow you," he said.
GM Hammer
 GM, 168 posts
Mon 2 May 2011
at 18:05
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Just to be clear, you're each carrying one Felucian by your self.  You see, there were three Felucians that needed to be carried.  The Felucian that was conscious is carrying one, and you two are each carrying another.

Adventure continued in "Felucian Sanctuary"...