Felucian Sanctuary.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
GM Hammer
 GM, 169 posts
Mon 2 May 2011
at 18:15
Felucian Sanctuary
The stranger and the Felucian led you to the village, which appeared to be carved out of the massive mushrooms that dominated the Felucian landscape.  Each mushroom looked old and petrified, making the huts appear far more solid than their still-living counterparts elsewhere in the jungle.

As you walked through the village, some of the smaller Felucians (probably children) approached you cautiously, touched your clothes, and then ran back to their parents.  The adults seemed interested in you, but not overly so.  As you walked, you noticed that though the village area had been cleared, small mushrooms and other plants still rose up from the ground, as though the jungle itself resisted any attempts at civilization.

(Anything you guys want to do (skill checks) as you walk through the village?)

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:09, Thu 19 May 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 50 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 2 May 2011
at 19:38
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #1):

Urb'n glanced about ponderously, investigating as much of the village and its surroundings as he could while carrying the large Felucian.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:01, Fri 13 May 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 170 posts
Thu 12 May 2011
at 21:50
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to Urb'n'ploon (msg #2):
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 51 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 13 May 2011
at 03:20
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n pulled up beside their Human guide and asked quietly, "Are those anguished cries something we should be worried about?  We are carrying in dead and wounded after all, and it's not like they don't suspect we're responsible."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:19, Thu 19 May 2011.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 108 posts
Wed 18 May 2011
at 04:47
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack looked at the village in interest.  Their houses were a true wonder.  It wasn't often something interested him.
GM Hammer
 GM, 171 posts
Thu 19 May 2011
at 00:09
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
(Just to be clear, none of the Felucians are dead.)
Speaking to Urb'n, the guide replied "No the cries have nothing to do with us.  I will have to tell you about it later, right now we need to get these wounded to the chief."

As you reached the center of the village, a number of native Felucians were gathered in a half circle, squatting by a cooking fire and turning to look at you as you entered.  When they saw what you were carrying, they rose; but upon sighting your guide, remained calm.  One of them approached your guide and spoke with him in the guttural Felucian tongue.  The native pointed to a tall mushroom hut on the far side of the cooking fire.

"We must take the wounded into the chief's hut.  He will return soon and heal them." Your guide explained.

(Any actions, questions?)
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 52 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 19 May 2011
at 09:27
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


"Where is the chief now?" Urb'n asked.
GM Hammer
 GM, 172 posts
Fri 20 May 2011
at 22:19
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"They tell me he is out gathering food," the guide replied.  The Felucian with you who was also carrying a fellow native, headed into the hut and placed him on a cot-like bed inside.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 54 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 23 May 2011
at 13:06
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n followed and gently placed his burden beside the other wounded Felucian.  After taking a moment to catch his breath, Urb'n headed back outside.  Being surrounded by a village of unfamiliar and possibly hostile aliens made him nervous.  Staying near the chief's hut, he immediately began scouting an escape route in the event the party suddenly needed to leave.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 109 posts
Tue 31 May 2011
at 21:52
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack toted the Felucian he had been carrying inside as well, setting him down gingerly on an open cot, remembering all the times he had been wounded in combat.  He then joined the rest of the group back outside.
GM Hammer
 GM, 173 posts
Tue 31 May 2011
at 22:10
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
With the wounded delivered, and everyone in one spot outside, your guide decided to make formal introductions.  "I'm sorry I have not yet told you about myself; the need of my fellows was occupying my mind.  My name is Vazus Mandrake.  During the Clone Wars I commanded a mercenary unit for the Separatists here on Felucia.  I was even stationed here long enough to import a small group of kybucks for my mercs to use.  Unfortunately, near the end of the war, we were ambushed by clone troopers; I was the only survivor--well, me and the kybucks.  The native Felucians found me near death, and nursed me back to health.  They even allow me to live in their village with them and keep my kybucks."  He pointed back to an area of the village where you could see a hand-built fence, that corralled the kybucks.

"I am Connus Amersu," your Twi'lek faceman said, stepping forward and offering his hand.  "We certainly appreciate you reviving those Felucians for us.  I believe we would have been in quite a spot here if you hadn't."

Vazus took the offered hand as he replied to Connus' comments.  "Don't forget what your young Jedi friend here did."

"Padawan," Talamon corrected Vazus.  "And my name is Talamon Vantika," he said, also offering his hand.

Vazus vigorously shook it.  "As a Separatist, they were all the same to me," Vazus replied.  "Don't worry, as long as you're not trying to kill me, I don't mind either one."
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 55 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 2 Jun 2011
at 11:08
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n'ploon introduced himself with a nod.  "I believe we've met before."
GM Hammer
 GM, 174 posts
Thu 2 Jun 2011
at 16:30
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"That's right," Vazus concurred.  "You said that before, and I think I remember now.  You worked advanced recon for us here for a while, didn't you?  If I remember right, you left before it got messy though."  Vazus shook Urb'n's hand as well.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 56 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 2 Jun 2011
at 17:15
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Things with the Separatists were always messy," replied Urb'n.  "We just didn't realize it at first."

"You obviously trust the Felucians, but considering the hostilities back at the marsh, can we trust them with our safety?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 175 posts
Tue 7 Jun 2011
at 20:46
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I'm sure they are wondering the same thing about you," Vazus replied.  "You did much more damage to them, than they did to you.  Right now they seem to be willing to give you a chance.  And if you're worried about them betraying you to the Empire, I wouldn't."

Vazus looked at Jack, waiting for him to introduce himself.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:47, Tue 07 June 2011.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 110 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2011
at 05:31
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Commander Shepard," Jack said, extending his hand.  "I suppose just Jack Shepard these days."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:16, Wed 08 June 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 176 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 16:45
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Ah yes, I've heard of you," Vazus admitted.  "Youngest commander in the Separatist Army...or what used to be the Separatist Army."  Vazus gave Jack a hardy handshake.

"Now Urb'n, I believe you asked about some disturbing noises as we were walking through the village," Vazus said, changing the subject.  "I'm afraid that several of the younger Felucians have fallen ill recently, many of them deteriorating almost to the point of paralysis.  I'm afraid the cries are coming from these children."
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 57 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 16:48
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #18):

"And what is being done to take care of them?"  Turning to his companions, he said, "This could be an opportunity for us to gain the trust of the Felucians and diffuse any remaining hostilities between us."
GM Hammer
 GM, 177 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 23:46
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I agree," Connus replied readily.  "We need to get as many points as we can with these guys.  They might be able to help us get into that prison facility."

"And it's the right thing to do," Talamon added, glaring at Connus.

"Of course, of course, that too," Connus admitted.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 58 posts
 ex-Jedi
Sat 11 Jun 2011
at 00:22
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I'll take winning points at the moment; it being the right thing is an added bonus," muttered Urb'n beneath his breath.

Aloud, he asked, "May we assist.  At least one member of our party has healing skills and abilities."
GM Hammer
 GM, 178 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 22:47
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I'd be glad if you could assist.  The chief tried to heal the children using the Force," Vazus explained.  "It worked, but only for a short time, the children soon deteriorated again.  It seems they've caught some sort of virus, so without curing the disease, healing does not help.  And it's difficult to treat without knowing more about the disease."
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 59 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 12:46
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I unforunately have no expertise, let alone experience, treating diseases."
GM Hammer
 GM, 179 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 23:48
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Don't look at me," Connus said.

Talamon hung his head.  "I'm afraid if the Force will not help, there's not much I can do."
Jack Shepherd
 player, 111 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 22:33
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I'm afraid I don't have any skill in this area either," Jack admitted.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 60 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 13:16
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Well, we can't really give up that easily.  Perhaps we can help stabilize the children, until we are able to come up with a more permanent solution."
GM Hammer
 GM, 180 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 23:58
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I wouldn't worry about it too much," Vazus said.  "It's not like it's your fault they're sick.  And if you hadn't come they would still be sick.  The children are already as stable as they can be, and the degenerative process is so painful, that even the chief stopped healing them after a while so they wouldn't have to go through it again.  Perhaps their treatment calls for a more experienced hand."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:22, Mon 16 Jan 2012.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 61 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 00:01
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"There may be something of use in the military facility.  Medical supplies--or even a medical droid.  Perhaps we can make some type of an agreement with the Felucians, that if they help us get into the facility, we will provide them with some means to help the sick children."
GM Hammer
 GM, 181 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 23:00
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"What facility are you talking about?" Vazus asked.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 62 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 22 Jun 2011
at 13:34
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n mentally smacked his head.  So much for operational security.  "As one of my companions already mentioned--" Urb'n tilted his head toward Connus--"We're interested in an Imperial prison facility in this region.  Do you know anything about such a facility?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:35, Wed 22 June 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 182 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2011
at 23:14
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Vazus' face darkened at the mention of the Imperial prison facility.  He suddenly became much more serious.  "Yes, I know a thing or two about that facility.  I've wanted to destroy that prison for some time, but my new life among the Felucians has cooled my passions somewhat.  That, and I'm not in as good a shape as I used to be," he added, patting his bum leg.  "Why do you want to know about the facility?" he asked.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 63 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 28 Jun 2011
at 08:57
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"We've been asked to secure some information that is being stored inside of the prison."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:58, Tue 28 June 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 183 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 18:08
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
It was obvious that Vazus could tell that Urb'n was holding something back, but he did not pursue that particular matter further.  "Well, if you're going to be infiltrating the prison anyway, I think I may have another way for you to get in good graces with the tribe here.  Follow me."  Vazus started limping off in the direction of his kybuck herd, and supposedly his home.
GM Hammer
 GM, 184 posts
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 15:38
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Connus looked at the rest of you, then shrugged and said "We need the natives help," as he trotted after Vazus.

Talamon soon followed suit.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 64 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 16:48
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n followed as well, pondering his unqualified failure at lying.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 112 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 02:21
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Well this is turning out great," Jack said.  "Just once I want to go on a mission and have everything go according to plan."

Jack followed as well.
GM Hammer
 GM, 185 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 17:03
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
It didn't take long to reach Vazus' mushroom hut.  His kybucks in the pen nearby pawed at the ground anxiously as you approached.  Vazus calmed them, then briefly disappeared inside his home.  He emerged holding a large explosive charge.

"If you want to impress the Felucians, you'll need to show your willingness to do something permanent about the Imperial presence here on Felucia.  If you set this charge in the prison facility's communications center, the blast should be powerful enough to destroy the prison and overload the Imperial communications on Felucia for some time."  Vazus looked at each of you hopefully.  As an afterthought, he added "It may even make your escape easier.  So what do you say?"
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 65 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 17:21
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Been a long time since I've had a fiery finale.  I've some experience with using explosives, so I think it's doable.  So it seems as though you and the Felucians are familiar the facility.  Is there anything you can tell us about its defenses and a safe approach route?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 186 posts
Tue 12 Jul 2011
at 23:49
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Yes, we're familiar with the facility," Vazus said darkly.  "Though I've never been there myself.  That is why you must gain the trust of the chief.  If you do, he will likely provide you a scout who has been there." Vazus paused and looked past you.  "It looks like the chief is back," Vazus said as a slightly smaller Felucian ran up the path towards you.  He spoke briefly to Vazus, then ran back the way he had come.  "The chief wants to speak to you."

(OOC: Any comments before heading off to this meeting?)
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 66 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 01:55
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n did some quick scouting of the area surrounding the chief's hut to see if there were any quick escape routes should they need to take one (e.g. the Felucians up and decide they want some revenge, etc).  Did he notice anything worthwhile regarding an escape route?
GM Hammer
 GM, 187 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 20:46
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Vazus escorted you back to the center of the village.  As you reentered the gathering area, you could see several Felucians gathered around the cooking fire.  An ancient looking Felucian stood near the entrance to the mushroom hut where you had placed the wounded.  The tendrils around the chief's head appeared shrunken and damaged.  His body was covered in scars and one arm looked withered and blackened as though infected with some kind of shriveling disease.

The chief spoke briefly in the guttural native language.  "The chief is grateful that you have returned his scouts to him," Vazus translated.  "He has been able to heal them and no permanent damage has been done, other than scars," he continued.  "But scars here are like badges," Vazus appended on his own.  "The chief will now scrutinize each of you." Vazus explained.

The chief slowly walked by each of you: Connus first, then Talamon.  When he passed Talamon, you noticed Talamon's nose wrinkle, and saw that Talamon was staring introspectively.  He then slowly walked past Jack, and finally Urb'n.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 67 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 02:01
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n reacted by sending out a telepathic message of his own, communicating to the Chief that he and his friends meant no harm.  Friends, he said over the Force.
GM Hammer
 GM, 188 posts
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 16:47
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The chief gave a small nod, then turned back to the group as a whole and began to speak.

Vazus translated: "Who are you?  Why have you come to Felucia?"

"If I may," Connus said stepping forward.  The chief gave him a small nod.  "We are agents representing a party interested in interfering with the Empire's dealings."

After hearing Vazus's translation of Connus's words, the Chief asked (through Vazus): "And what do you intend to do about the Empire here?"

"We intend to..." Connus made a dramatic pause so his words would have full impact.  "...destroy the Imperial prison facility." Connus indicated that Urb'n should step forward with the explosive device that Vazus had given them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:48, Fri 22 July 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 68 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 02:52
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #43):


Urb'n held out an explosive in one hand, and with the other splayed his fingers out like they were exploding.  "Boom," he said in a somber, dry voice.  Then with more sparkle in his eye, he added, "We'll gut the facility like an overly ripe Hutt."
GM Hammer
 GM, 189 posts
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 20:27
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The Felucians seemed to understand the gesture and cheered.

Connus then turned back to the chief and said, "Of course it would be helpful if we knew all we could about the facility."

The chief motioned for you to sit around the fire.  Vazus translated:
"We call this horrible building the 'Vanishing Place'.  None of us go near it unless absolutely necessary.  Many of our people have disappeared in the area around the 'Vanishing Place'.  We sent a few shamans to find out what had become of them, but they had to leave quickly because they were overwhelmed with pain.  I believe that many of our people who went missing are being held in the building, and that the Empire is causing them great pain.  My shamans tell me that the source of the pain seems most concentrated on the west side of the facility.  I'm afraid that is all that we know."

(OOC: Any questions?)
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 69 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 20:33
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Connus, since the Felucians seem naturally Force-sensitive, this pain they are referring to may be a concern for some of us in the group who are also connected with the Force."
Jack Shepherd
 player, 113 posts
Thu 4 Aug 2011
at 01:42
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I'm worried about your people," Jack said.  "Will any of them be able to show us where the facility is without harming themselves?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 190 posts
Thu 4 Aug 2011
at 23:33
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"The answer to Jack's question," Vazus translated for the Chief, "is that our shamans are very powerful in the Force, and trained to be able to detect our people.  If it affected all of us so, it is doubtful that more than a few would have vanished.  As for Urb'n'ploon's question, I am not sure.  Felucians have a special bond with this planet and with each other that simply cannot be duplicated with those of other species.  So it is unlikely that even strong Force users from other cultures will be affected in the same way."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:37, Mon 08 Aug 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 191 posts
Mon 8 Aug 2011
at 23:51
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
As no one had any more questions, the Chief concluded: "Very well, I will send one of my best scouts to guide you to the Vanishing Place.  There are many dangers in the jungle.  You have certainly already faced some of them in order to reach our village, but I caution you to proceed lightly.  There are still hazards you may have not yet faced.  Your guide will meet you here tomorrow morning."

The Chief then turned around and reentered his hut.  The rest of the crowd dispersed as well.

"I've offered to let you use my kybucks for the trip," Vazus informed you.  "It should make the travel faster.  Come, let's see what they think of you."  As he led you back to his corral, Vazus continued on about his kybucks and how he named them all after his former comrades.  Vazus opened the gate to the corral to allow you to enter and interact with the kybucks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Thu 11 Aug 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 192 posts
Thu 11 Aug 2011
at 20:07
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Suddenly you each heard a low whine coming from just beyond Vazus' hut.  Vazus heard it too, and turned around to see what it was.  Through the foliage you saw a scout trooper on a speeder bike zooming away, headed into the deep jungle.  "Oh no!" Vazus exclaimed.  "He's surely seen the village.  If  he reports the village's location to his superiors, we'll be swarmed by stormtroopers before morning.  Please, take the kybucks.  You must stop him!" He implored.  "He won't be able to report until he reaches a base, because the mushrooms have chemicals in their stalks that block long-range communications."

(OOC: What do you do?  And if your answer is jump on a kybuck and chase the scout trooper, then make an Initiative check.  And if you want to try to fast mount, make a Ride check.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:07, Thu 11 Aug 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 72 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 15 Aug 2011
at 04:07
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #50):

Urbn' makes a break for the closest kybuck and mounts it as quickly as he can without startling the animal.

OOC: Initiave roll = 17
Jack Shepherd
 player, 116 posts
Tue 16 Aug 2011
at 21:48
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack was finally back in his element.  He made a quick running jump for the nearest Kybuck.

OOC Ride roll = 20 (no mods)
Init roll = 5 (no mods)

This message was last edited by the player at 17:30, Thu 18 Aug 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 195 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 23:11
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n was the first to reach his kybuck.  Jack wasn't far behind and jumped right on the beast without using any stirrups.  Connus and Talamon soon followed.  As the beasts lurched forward you realized that Vazus wasn't exaggerating: the kybucks would have no trouble keeping up with the speeder bike.  As you streaked out of the village and into the sparse growth, large mushrooms and other huge fungi streaked by faster than the eye could see, and the ground whipped by at an incredible pace.  The kybucks provided a relatively smooth ride, and it was clear they knew the terrain far better than any of you.  Your kybucks leaped, turned, twisted, and dodged between the massive growths of the fungal forest.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 117 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2011
at 01:57
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
OOC Ride: 18 (no mods)
GM Hammer
 GM, 197 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2011
at 18:57
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n startled his kybuck, who nearly bucked him off.    Urb'n tried to calm the mount, but to no avail; he was lucky to keep himself in the seat.    Eventually his mount started off of it's own accord, and Urb'n happened to be along for the ride.

Jack seemed right at home in the saddle, his quick mount made it easy for him to move out.   He seemed to make a special connection to his kybuck and they moved as one.

Connus seemed to make a similar connection with his kybuck as he followed closely behind.  Talamon ably encouraged his kybuck into a dash.

You soon found yourself entering a massive fungal swamp.  Shallow pools of water littered the landscape, and the kybucks sent up huge splashes as their hoofed feet passed through the puddles.  Large, multicolored fungi drooped low over the landscape.  Off the distance you could see huge birds swooping down to scoop up unsuspecting prey.  The swamp was so thick you could hardly see in front of you; it was as if the jungle was closing in on you, though the kybucks seemed to have no difficulty navigating the swampy terrain.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 118 posts
Thu 22 Dec 2011
at 07:27
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


Jack was used to foreign terrain after the war and he took a brief second to enjoy the colors.
GM Hammer
 GM, 198 posts
Thu 22 Dec 2011
at 16:53
Re: Felucian Sanctuary

Urb'n's bad start with his mount did not help in the thick undergrowth of the swamp.    Fortunately Urb'n kept his wits about him, and he was able to notice the path despite all the jostling.   

Jack managed to lead his kybuck out of the fungal swamp with no difficulties. 

Connus urged his kybuck on eagerly, zooming ahead.  Talamon was able to keep up with everyone.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 119 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 02:28
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack noticed a path through a hollowed out tree trunk and took that route.
GM Hammer
 GM, 199 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 05:03
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n decided to go through the hollowed out tree trunk, and Talamon followed along as well.  The three of you found yourselves traveling through a series of hollow logs and natural underground tunnels.  This made things very difficult as these were not designed for riders on mounts, forcing you to lower your heads to prevent scraping the ceiling of these natural passageways.  As the kybucks zipped through the underground tunnels, chunks of moss and other fungi drooped down from above.  Breaks in the "ceiling" allowed occasional rays of light to shine down on you.

(OOC: Pretend your "characters" don't know about the following, but you, as players, may know.  All your characters know is that they can hear blaster fire in the distance.)

Meanwhile, Connus headed through the thick foliage.  The path was covered with thick overgrowth, and Connus soon found himself in treacherous terrain, filled with sinkholes and trenches.  His kybuck leaped over the small gorges and chasms with bouncing grace.  As the animal bounded through the area Connus dipped and rose along with the terrain, making it difficult to see very far ahead.  However there was one thing that Connus could see: the tail end of a speeder bike.  He pulled out his heavy blaster pistol and fired, but the ride was too bumpy and all his shot did was warn the scout trooper that he was being pursued.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 120 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 19:04
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
OOC Natural 20, baby!

Jack was on the ball, he moved as one with his Kybuck.
GM Hammer
 GM, 200 posts
Fri 30 Dec 2011
at 23:08
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n, Jack, and Talamon found a way to encourage their kybucks to even greater speed, finally exiting the natural tunnels. 

As you exited, you noticed that Connus rejoined the group, so that whatever path he had followed connected back.  You could also now see the speeder bike far ahead.

Suddenly the ground in front of you erupted!  A giant creature rose up from the dirt and undergrowth.  It was a rancor!  It was trying to snatch one of you and your kybuck for a meal.  As it rose to it's full height, pieces of debris and detritus fell off its body creating a rain of soil and plants that spattered you as you raced past.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 121 posts
Sun 1 Jan 2012
at 20:51
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


Jack urged his Kybuck at full speed, weaving in and out of the debris.
GM Hammer
 GM, 201 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2012
at 17:44
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n had finally really connected with his kybuck.  He was able to maneuver past the rancor without any problems, and without being hit.

Jack also had no problem avoiding both the beast and the accompanying rubble.

Talamon was able to follow with equal skill.  Connus had a little bit more trouble, but he was able to get past unscathed.  After getting past the subsequent falling debris, Connus took another shot at the scout trooper, but the shot just missed.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 122 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2012
at 00:54
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


Jack was quick to move in closer to his prey then fire off a spot on shot.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:40, Sun 15 Jan 2012.

GM Hammer
 GM, 203 posts
Mon 16 Jan 2012
at 22:41
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack's blast ripped off a good chunk of the speeder bike, but the scout trooper managed to hold it together and keep it stabilized.

You started pulling out of the dense fungal growth and moved into a clearing with a small river cutting through it.  Though the river was shallow, it was relatively wide, and the kybucks splashed through the river as it turned north toward a narrow valley.  The scout trooper flew through this area, just above the river, the speeder bike's damaged repulsors (from Jack's shot) split the water and kicked up an odd-shaped wake.  Several large, bulbous mushrooms rose out of the riverbank, like ancient, natural columns.  Unfortunately, it was difficult to enjoy their beauty as they created large obstacles for your group.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 123 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2012
at 04:09
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack continued his highly successful ride of the Kybuck.
GM Hammer
 GM, 204 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2012
at 18:59
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n ably guided his kybuck through the obstacles with no incidents.  Jack's skilled riding made it easier for him to prepare for combat.

Talamon also was able to get his mount to cooperate in order to allow him to prepare for combat.  Connus continued to struggle to ride his kybuck and got himself into a very exposed position.

You rode into an area where several huge mushrooms towered, nearly obscuring the Imperial outpost that stood across a narrow stream.  The stream wound through the middle of a forest clearing, splitting around both sides of a humongous mushroom whose cap hung like an awning over much of the area.  The outpost consisted of little more than a few small barricades and a tall computer system with a rotating satellite dish at its top.

Four stormtroopers were stationed near the communications computers, while two more scout troopers on speeder bikes were ranging out from the computers, scouting the area.  (See Game Map.)

Urb'n was the first to react urging his kybuck closer to the speeder bike they had been chasing (SBC)he brandished and ignited his lightsaber.  But the speeder bike looped around one of the large mushrooms, and fired at Jack and Talamon with autofire.  The shots went wild, splattering around, but not actually doing any damage to the two heroes.

One of the stormtroopers also reacted quickly, pulling out his blaster rifle and firing at the nearest target: Urb'n.  Fortunately the large mushroom in the middle of the creek gave him enough cover: the troopers shot burned the mushroom instead.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:20, Thu 26 Jan 2012.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 124 posts
Fri 17 Feb 2012
at 16:15
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack fired off a wild shot from his gun while still urging on his Kybuck.
GM Hammer
 GM, 205 posts
Mon 20 Feb 2012
at 17:47
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack's shot almost missed, but he had moved in to close range, and the Force was on his side, his shot completely destroyed the bike and killed its rider.

One of the other stormtroopers (ST4) took another potshot at Urb'n, but missed.  He then disappeared behind the mushroom he was standing next to.

Talamon's lightsaber was quickly out and he was riding into battle, following Urb'n.

Another speeder bike came zooming towards Jack, firing away.  The shot ripped through Jack, nearly killing him

Connus fired past Jack at the attacking speeder bike, punching a hole through the vehicle's fuselage.  Connus then followed Jack to help him out.

Urb'n and Talamon could hear another speeder bike zooming in on their position from around one of the mushrooms nearby, but apparently it couldn't move fast enough to bring it's blaster to bear.

One of the stormtroopers (ST2) shot at Talamon, but some sort of local fauna must have distracted him because his shot hit nothing (not a mushroom, not anything).  The last stormtrooper seemed to be working something on the equipment panel in front of him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:48, Mon 20 Feb 2012.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 76 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 23 Feb 2012
at 17:38
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n spurs the kybuck forward at breakneck speed to close the distance between himself and the group of stormtroopers.

Urb'n takes two move actions and moves 24 squares to the left of his current position.  Also, I see that Urb'n is down to 8 hp, is that number correct?
GM Hammer
 GM, 207 posts
Thu 23 Feb 2012
at 22:08
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Swooping around the mushroom to his left, Urb'n ended up just north of the narrow stream.

The stormtrooper closest to Urb'n (ST1) took advantage of this new unimpeded, closer position and fired at him, but he still missed.

Jack wasn't going to let a nearly deadly hit keep him down.  He gritted his teeth and taking a deep breath he urged his Kybuck on. Bringing his blaster back out he fired off another shot, doing even more damage to the speeder bike. 

The stormtrooper who had hidden behind the mushroom (ST4) came out from behind the mushroom to take a clear shot at Talamon, but he practically tripped over his own boots, and sent a wild shot up into the air.

Talamon payed him no mind, instead changing course and heading off after the speeder bike he had heard coming.  As soon as he got within sight of the speeder bike, he used a Force Slam, which scraped the bike into the ground, but did no major damage, except to the mushroom that they were next to, whose stalk shredded slightly.

Meanwhile, the other speeder bike fired at Jack again, but missed, so he tried to zoom away, off towards Talamon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:11, Thu 23 Feb 2012.

GM Hammer
 GM, 208 posts
Fri 2 Mar 2012
at 22:35
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
As the speeder bike (SB2) zoomed around him, Jack noticed an extra opportunity to attack him and fired his blaster rifle (with it's folded stock).  He hit the speeder bike's engine, causing it to explode.

Seeing that things were handled on that side, Connus ran off to help Talamon with the other speeder bike (SB1).  When he got within sight of the speeder bike, he fired, shooting right under Talamon's elbow, damaging one of the bike's steering vanes.

The speeder bike fired at Talamon, but the damage to the steering vane cause his aim to be off, and fired into the ground at Talmon's left.  Then the speeder bike continued his course around Talamon.

One of the stormtroopers (ST2) fired at Urb'n, but again missed.  The last stormtrooper seemed to still be working on something at the console in front of him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:41, Fri 02 Mar 2012.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 78 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 15:01
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I could really use a blaster right now," Urb'n mutters, urging his mount to continue closing the distance between them and the stormtroopers.  He makes sure that his lightsaber is ignited.  Looking at the stormtrooper who continues to ignore the battle, Urb'n gets a sinking feeling that whatever the trooper is doing won't bode well for him and his party.

Urb'n uses two move actions to cross the river and place himself in the square adjacent to ST1 (up and to the left of the guy).
GM Hammer
 GM, 209 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 18:09
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The stormtrooper (ST1) startled and fired at the now point blank range Urb'n...
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 79 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 20:20
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n employs deflecting slash to protect himself from being hit by the blaster bolt.

UtF roll: 17+8=25.  Urb'n spends a force spent to negate all damage to himself from the attack.

Attack roll: 8+2=10 pffffft, yeah like that does a lot of good.
GM Hammer
 GM, 210 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 18:07
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The shot was headed over Urb'n's shoulder, but he deflected, trying to use his momentum to slash at his attacker.  Urb'n's aim was a little off though, and he missed the trooper.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 126 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2012
at 17:46
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack rode closer to the communications array (up to the edge of the shore line) and fired at ST2.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Mon 12 Mar 2012.

GM Hammer
 GM, 211 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2012
at 18:25
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack's shot blasted a hole right through the stormtrooper's chest, killing him instantly.

ST4 continued to sneak around the mushrooms to come up behind Talamon.  He fired a shot that turned into a warning shot, as it narrowly missed Talamon.

Talamon was able to keep from being distracted however, and moved in closer to the speeder bike, slashing at it with his lightsaber.  He chopped off a good section of the steering vane.

Connus faked out the scout trooper on the speeder bike, making him think he would cross his path, causing him to be flat-footed.  He then fired at the speeder bike and fortunately, the Force was on his side, allowing him to finish off the speeder bike.  He then rode towards the communications array to stop ST3 from doing whatever he was doing, since he was continuing to work away at the console.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 80 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 15:02
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n takes a swing at the nearest stormtrooper.

Attack roll: 20+2=22  Oh yeah!
Damage: 12x2=24  This can't end well for the stormtrooper

That makes up for the powder puff roll for deflecting slash.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:20, Tue 13 Mar 2012.

GM Hammer
 GM, 212 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 18:12
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n's blade sliced neatly through the stormtrooper's torso, his body slumped to the ground, nearly halved.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:20, Fri 16 Mar 2012.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 127 posts
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 16:33
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack fired at ST3, blasting him in the head and killing him.  He then moved towards ST4 (going straight down through the water).
GM Hammer
 GM, 214 posts
Fri 16 Mar 2012
at 18:09
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The last remaining stormtrooper continued his assault on Talamon moving closer to get a better shot.  He fired, but missed again.

Talamon turned around and rode towards the stormtrooper, hoping to end the conflict, but he couldn't quite reach him yet.

Connus rode forward to get a clear shot at the stormtroooper. Connus almost missed, but the Force was with him again and he finished off the last stormtrooper.  "Jack, you might want to check what that stormtrooper was doing on the console," Connus suggested.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:09, Fri 16 Mar 2012.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 128 posts
Sun 18 Mar 2012
at 22:05
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #88):

"Right," Shepard said.  He jumped off his Kybuck and started in the the terminal.
GM Hammer
 GM, 215 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 20:35
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
OOC: Letting Jack know how he did.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 129 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 06:02
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Realizing he wasn't quite up to backtracking, Jack turned his skills in another direction and attempted to tune the Imperial Communications over to the same frequency of the local plant life.
GM Hammer
 GM, 217 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2012
at 17:02
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
You are rewarded by hearing only static coming from the comm station.

Talamon joined the rest of you and stepped down from his kybuck.  "Let me see if I can heal some of everyone's wounds," he said gently.  He softly touched Connus' forehead first, using the Force to heal him.  He then moved on to Urb'n.  Urb'n felt the familiar feel of the Force flowing through him from Talamon, repairing his body.   Finally came Jack, who could feel his blaster wounds knitting together.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:15, Fri 13 Apr 2012.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 130 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 03:14
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Thanks," Jack said.  "What now, team?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 219 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 17:14
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"We head back to the village," Connus said.  "Even with Talamon's healing, we still need to rest up before we go barging into a secret Imperial prison facility."
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 84 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 7 May 2012
at 17:45
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n nodded in agreement.  "We can rest and discuss our next move more carefully."
GM Hammer
 GM, 220 posts
Fri 4 Apr 2014
at 15:25
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Your return to the Felucian village was uneventful.  The chief thanked you, and even healed you as much as he could.  Between that and your restful night, you were all healed up by the morning.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:53, Fri 02 May 2014.

GM Hammer
 GM, 221 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 19:59
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
OOC: Continued in new topic: Imperial Prison Facility

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:07, Fri 02 May 2014.