Felucian Sanctuary.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 67 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 02:01
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n reacted by sending out a telepathic message of his own, communicating to the Chief that he and his friends meant no harm.  Friends, he said over the Force.
GM Hammer
 GM, 188 posts
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 16:47
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The chief gave a small nod, then turned back to the group as a whole and began to speak.

Vazus translated: "Who are you?  Why have you come to Felucia?"

"If I may," Connus said stepping forward.  The chief gave him a small nod.  "We are agents representing a party interested in interfering with the Empire's dealings."

After hearing Vazus's translation of Connus's words, the Chief asked (through Vazus): "And what do you intend to do about the Empire here?"

"We intend to..." Connus made a dramatic pause so his words would have full impact.  "...destroy the Imperial prison facility." Connus indicated that Urb'n should step forward with the explosive device that Vazus had given them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:48, Fri 22 July 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 68 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 02:52
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #43):


Urb'n held out an explosive in one hand, and with the other splayed his fingers out like they were exploding.  "Boom," he said in a somber, dry voice.  Then with more sparkle in his eye, he added, "We'll gut the facility like an overly ripe Hutt."
GM Hammer
 GM, 189 posts
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 20:27
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
The Felucians seemed to understand the gesture and cheered.

Connus then turned back to the chief and said, "Of course it would be helpful if we knew all we could about the facility."

The chief motioned for you to sit around the fire.  Vazus translated:
"We call this horrible building the 'Vanishing Place'.  None of us go near it unless absolutely necessary.  Many of our people have disappeared in the area around the 'Vanishing Place'.  We sent a few shamans to find out what had become of them, but they had to leave quickly because they were overwhelmed with pain.  I believe that many of our people who went missing are being held in the building, and that the Empire is causing them great pain.  My shamans tell me that the source of the pain seems most concentrated on the west side of the facility.  I'm afraid that is all that we know."

(OOC: Any questions?)
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 69 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 20:33
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"Connus, since the Felucians seem naturally Force-sensitive, this pain they are referring to may be a concern for some of us in the group who are also connected with the Force."
Jack Shepherd
 player, 113 posts
Thu 4 Aug 2011
at 01:42
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"I'm worried about your people," Jack said.  "Will any of them be able to show us where the facility is without harming themselves?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 190 posts
Thu 4 Aug 2011
at 23:33
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
"The answer to Jack's question," Vazus translated for the Chief, "is that our shamans are very powerful in the Force, and trained to be able to detect our people.  If it affected all of us so, it is doubtful that more than a few would have vanished.  As for Urb'n'ploon's question, I am not sure.  Felucians have a special bond with this planet and with each other that simply cannot be duplicated with those of other species.  So it is unlikely that even strong Force users from other cultures will be affected in the same way."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:37, Mon 08 Aug 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 191 posts
Mon 8 Aug 2011
at 23:51
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
As no one had any more questions, the Chief concluded: "Very well, I will send one of my best scouts to guide you to the Vanishing Place.  There are many dangers in the jungle.  You have certainly already faced some of them in order to reach our village, but I caution you to proceed lightly.  There are still hazards you may have not yet faced.  Your guide will meet you here tomorrow morning."

The Chief then turned around and reentered his hut.  The rest of the crowd dispersed as well.

"I've offered to let you use my kybucks for the trip," Vazus informed you.  "It should make the travel faster.  Come, let's see what they think of you."  As he led you back to his corral, Vazus continued on about his kybucks and how he named them all after his former comrades.  Vazus opened the gate to the corral to allow you to enter and interact with the kybucks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Thu 11 Aug 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 192 posts
Thu 11 Aug 2011
at 20:07
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Suddenly you each heard a low whine coming from just beyond Vazus' hut.  Vazus heard it too, and turned around to see what it was.  Through the foliage you saw a scout trooper on a speeder bike zooming away, headed into the deep jungle.  "Oh no!" Vazus exclaimed.  "He's surely seen the village.  If  he reports the village's location to his superiors, we'll be swarmed by stormtroopers before morning.  Please, take the kybucks.  You must stop him!" He implored.  "He won't be able to report until he reaches a base, because the mushrooms have chemicals in their stalks that block long-range communications."

(OOC: What do you do?  And if your answer is jump on a kybuck and chase the scout trooper, then make an Initiative check.  And if you want to try to fast mount, make a Ride check.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:07, Thu 11 Aug 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 72 posts
 ex-Jedi
Mon 15 Aug 2011
at 04:07
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
In reply to GM Hammer (msg #50):

Urbn' makes a break for the closest kybuck and mounts it as quickly as he can without startling the animal.

OOC: Initiave roll = 17
Jack Shepherd
 player, 116 posts
Tue 16 Aug 2011
at 21:48
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack was finally back in his element.  He made a quick running jump for the nearest Kybuck.

OOC Ride roll = 20 (no mods)
Init roll = 5 (no mods)

This message was last edited by the player at 17:30, Thu 18 Aug 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 195 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2011
at 23:11
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n was the first to reach his kybuck.  Jack wasn't far behind and jumped right on the beast without using any stirrups.  Connus and Talamon soon followed.  As the beasts lurched forward you realized that Vazus wasn't exaggerating: the kybucks would have no trouble keeping up with the speeder bike.  As you streaked out of the village and into the sparse growth, large mushrooms and other huge fungi streaked by faster than the eye could see, and the ground whipped by at an incredible pace.  The kybucks provided a relatively smooth ride, and it was clear they knew the terrain far better than any of you.  Your kybucks leaped, turned, twisted, and dodged between the massive growths of the fungal forest.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 117 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2011
at 01:57
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
OOC Ride: 18 (no mods)
GM Hammer
 GM, 197 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2011
at 18:57
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n startled his kybuck, who nearly bucked him off.    Urb'n tried to calm the mount, but to no avail; he was lucky to keep himself in the seat.    Eventually his mount started off of it's own accord, and Urb'n happened to be along for the ride.

Jack seemed right at home in the saddle, his quick mount made it easy for him to move out.   He seemed to make a special connection to his kybuck and they moved as one.

Connus seemed to make a similar connection with his kybuck as he followed closely behind.  Talamon ably encouraged his kybuck into a dash.

You soon found yourself entering a massive fungal swamp.  Shallow pools of water littered the landscape, and the kybucks sent up huge splashes as their hoofed feet passed through the puddles.  Large, multicolored fungi drooped low over the landscape.  Off the distance you could see huge birds swooping down to scoop up unsuspecting prey.  The swamp was so thick you could hardly see in front of you; it was as if the jungle was closing in on you, though the kybucks seemed to have no difficulty navigating the swampy terrain.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 118 posts
Thu 22 Dec 2011
at 07:27
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


Jack was used to foreign terrain after the war and he took a brief second to enjoy the colors.
GM Hammer
 GM, 198 posts
Thu 22 Dec 2011
at 16:53
Re: Felucian Sanctuary

Urb'n's bad start with his mount did not help in the thick undergrowth of the swamp.    Fortunately Urb'n kept his wits about him, and he was able to notice the path despite all the jostling.   

Jack managed to lead his kybuck out of the fungal swamp with no difficulties. 

Connus urged his kybuck on eagerly, zooming ahead.  Talamon was able to keep up with everyone.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 119 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 02:28
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack noticed a path through a hollowed out tree trunk and took that route.
GM Hammer
 GM, 199 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 05:03
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n decided to go through the hollowed out tree trunk, and Talamon followed along as well.  The three of you found yourselves traveling through a series of hollow logs and natural underground tunnels.  This made things very difficult as these were not designed for riders on mounts, forcing you to lower your heads to prevent scraping the ceiling of these natural passageways.  As the kybucks zipped through the underground tunnels, chunks of moss and other fungi drooped down from above.  Breaks in the "ceiling" allowed occasional rays of light to shine down on you.

(OOC: Pretend your "characters" don't know about the following, but you, as players, may know.  All your characters know is that they can hear blaster fire in the distance.)

Meanwhile, Connus headed through the thick foliage.  The path was covered with thick overgrowth, and Connus soon found himself in treacherous terrain, filled with sinkholes and trenches.  His kybuck leaped over the small gorges and chasms with bouncing grace.  As the animal bounded through the area Connus dipped and rose along with the terrain, making it difficult to see very far ahead.  However there was one thing that Connus could see: the tail end of a speeder bike.  He pulled out his heavy blaster pistol and fired, but the ride was too bumpy and all his shot did was warn the scout trooper that he was being pursued.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 120 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 19:04
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
OOC Natural 20, baby!

Jack was on the ball, he moved as one with his Kybuck.
GM Hammer
 GM, 200 posts
Fri 30 Dec 2011
at 23:08
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n, Jack, and Talamon found a way to encourage their kybucks to even greater speed, finally exiting the natural tunnels. 

As you exited, you noticed that Connus rejoined the group, so that whatever path he had followed connected back.  You could also now see the speeder bike far ahead.

Suddenly the ground in front of you erupted!  A giant creature rose up from the dirt and undergrowth.  It was a rancor!  It was trying to snatch one of you and your kybuck for a meal.  As it rose to it's full height, pieces of debris and detritus fell off its body creating a rain of soil and plants that spattered you as you raced past.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 121 posts
Sun 1 Jan 2012
at 20:51
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


Jack urged his Kybuck at full speed, weaving in and out of the debris.
GM Hammer
 GM, 201 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2012
at 17:44
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Urb'n had finally really connected with his kybuck.  He was able to maneuver past the rancor without any problems, and without being hit.

Jack also had no problem avoiding both the beast and the accompanying rubble.

Talamon was able to follow with equal skill.  Connus had a little bit more trouble, but he was able to get past unscathed.  After getting past the subsequent falling debris, Connus took another shot at the scout trooper, but the shot just missed.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 122 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2012
at 00:54
Re: Felucian Sanctuary


Jack was quick to move in closer to his prey then fire off a spot on shot.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:40, Sun 15 Jan 2012.

GM Hammer
 GM, 203 posts
Mon 16 Jan 2012
at 22:41
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack's blast ripped off a good chunk of the speeder bike, but the scout trooper managed to hold it together and keep it stabilized.

You started pulling out of the dense fungal growth and moved into a clearing with a small river cutting through it.  Though the river was shallow, it was relatively wide, and the kybucks splashed through the river as it turned north toward a narrow valley.  The scout trooper flew through this area, just above the river, the speeder bike's damaged repulsors (from Jack's shot) split the water and kicked up an odd-shaped wake.  Several large, bulbous mushrooms rose out of the riverbank, like ancient, natural columns.  Unfortunately, it was difficult to enjoy their beauty as they created large obstacles for your group.

(OOC: Make a Ride check.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 123 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2012
at 04:09
Re: Felucian Sanctuary
Jack continued his highly successful ride of the Kybuck.