The Destroyer.   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
The Marshall
 GM, 1129 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 12 May 2012
at 10:08
The Destroyer
They topped up the vehicles from the fuel they were given by the Convoy to reach Boise. Then with nothing else needing looking into, they departed.

The crossing of the Ghost Storm was easier this time around. There were no potentially fatal incidents, the Templar named Tasmin didn't need to save Jane's life again, Trejo wasn't there to save Roadkill but thankfully it wasn't needed. Whatever discomfort they felt slowly faded away as they began driving east on the shattered remains of I-84.


Marshall's Note: What order for the vehicles? Any other bikes out other than Jason?

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:01, Sat 12 May 2012.

Tasmin the Templar
Sat 12 May 2012
at 10:17
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #1):

"Good luck and blessed be. Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again!"

Having done her duty in healing the Posse, Tasmin waved and started to ride off. Unlike them, she was heading north (motorcycle packed as if for a long journey).

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:21, Sat 12 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 263 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 12 May 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Destroyer
"Bye! Be safe," Smoker called from his perch, waving to Tasmin as she rode off.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 23 posts
Sat 12 May 2012
at 15:59
Re: The Destroyer
Jason rides along side Tasmin til she leaves. "Safe trip Templar. I will see you when you get back to Boise." With that Jason slides a little in front of the little convoy. Keeping about a minute or two ahead of the lead truck mainly to spot bridge outages and roadblocks.
Roadkill
 player, 442 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 12 May 2012
at 16:01
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #3):

"See ya templars" Roadkill calls out

He really would like a full on assault with a templar haord but with hostages, Guess you have to go in quiet. He looks around the truck to see who is with him.

"Gillies can you drive us. I want to make sure guns and things are ready to go."

He checks the cab to make sure there are no obvious weak points or things to fall or cut people when people they start jumping in for cover. Also he wants to get the feeling of traveling up top at speed.

"Peter mate, Gillies is in front till we get within range and i will take over driving and pull over and you bikers can decide what you want to do. Jason keep clear of the truck, Gillies can sometimes... be dangerous."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:04, Sat 12 May 2012.

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 44 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Sat 12 May 2012
at 16:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #5):

Ian jumps in the cab of Roadkill's rig.  He take over the "shotgun" position.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 25 posts
Sat 12 May 2012
at 16:49
Re: The Destroyer


"Define dangerous please. Like I have to worry about staying out of the way or keep an eye on the truck if it gets close shoot the tanks and light a match dangerous?" Jason almost sounds like he is joking.
Roadkill
 player, 445 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 12 May 2012
at 17:24
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Define dangerous please. Like I have to worry about staying out of the way or keep an eye on the truck if it gets close shoot the tanks and light a match dangerous?" Jason almost sounds like he is joking.


"Nah nothing explosive, just think of Gillies as a blind man wearing lead shoes. You are but a speed bump in the road. It like to go as fast as possible"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 596 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 12 May 2012
at 17:44
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Tasmin the Templar (msg #2):

Rowan bows "may the road and the weather be kind to you, and good fortune ride with you". Rowans hands scetch in formalblessing as once again her fingers glow slightly.
"For my friends life I give you thanks, and respect due to you."
I know full well that i could not have healed the damage she took going through the wall"
Go in peace

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Sat 12 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 26 posts
Sat 12 May 2012
at 18:29
Re: The Destroyer
"Well that's nice Roadkill. Blind man with lead shoes and you trust him with your rig. That's funny man very funny."
Tasmin the Templar
Sat 12 May 2012
at 22:42
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #4):
quote:
"Safe trip Templar. I will see you when you get back to Boise."


Turning around to pace Jason, Tasmin started to ride slowly as the convoy got itself sorted out.

She carefully passed Smoker's radio over to Jason. Trejo had borrowed it to communicate with the rest of the vehicles while out in front, and now Jason had taken over the role of point man.

"You too, noble Squire. Here, take your friend's radio. Trejo said it belongs to the one named Smoker and he forgot to give it back."

As you may have guessed while you waited, with me gone there are now no more Templars at the Temple aside from Simon. This is why he asked for your friends for help. I must be off in the other direction, although I would rather accompany you or else stay to help prepare Boise."


Accepting Rowan's blessing, Tasmin (probably a fellow Neo-Pagan) called back to her, "Rowan! Yes, the Goddess was working through me to help save Jane. If you had not first started her heart, I would not have been able to repair the damage inside to her liver, pancreas, kidneys, lungs, spinal cord. Her life was a gift that was not destined to end there."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:53, Sun 13 May 2012.

Gilles the Driver Bot
 NPC, 7 posts
 AI Autopilot
 Junker Built
Sat 12 May 2012
at 22:42
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Well that's nice Roadkill. Blind man with lead shoes and you trust him with your rig. That's funny man very funny."


Smoker's walkie-talkie (loaned to Jason) crackled.

"Excuse-moi! I am not blind, I see in many spectrum. I am a champion Formula One driver, now stuck be'ind the wheel of dis garbage scow. Per'aps I was a little over-aggressive at first, but now I am resigned to my fate and drive like Roadkill. As if I were a little old lady on 'er way to Church on Sunday in Trois-Rivières."

The robot autopilot took over, moving the rig carefully in front of Peter but behind Jason. This was the last known order of march so until it was changed, Gilles would try to conform to this.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 45 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Sun 13 May 2012
at 02:42
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Gilles the Driver Bot (msg #12):

Ian laughs at the comment from Gilles, "The way you drive I bet that little old lady was a menace to the poor SQ offices."

You can tell he is trying to bring a bit of humor and light up the mood.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:36, Mon 14 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 27 posts
Mon 14 May 2012
at 01:57
Re: The Destroyer
After checking the channel on the loaned walkie Jason switches his headset over and responds. "Hey Gilles pull over I got Smoker's radio. Gotta get it back to him boss' orders. Wanna chat about your Formula One days on frequency 4.2 Baker. Call that Mark II. This will be Mark I." assuming that Gilles pulls over then Jason climbs part way up and tosses the radio to Smoker. "Trejo wanted you to have that back." Jason turns and mounts the bike that he seems to have inherited.
Gilles the Driver Bot
 NPC, 8 posts
 AI Autopilot
 Junker Built
Mon 14 May 2012
at 03:27
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
After checking the channel on the loaned walkie Jason switches his headset over and responds. "Hey Gilles pull over I got Smoker's radio. Gotta get it back to him boss' orders. Wanna chat about your Formula One days on frequency 4.2 Baker. Call that Mark II. This will be Mark I." assuming that Gilles pulls over then Jason climbs part way up and tosses the radio to Smoker. "Trejo wanted you to have that back." Jason turns and mounts the bike that he seems to have inherited.


On his best behaviour, Gilles pulled over to let Jason return Smoker's radio to him. Now all parties were in communication. (Jason with a headset in the lead, the CB in the cab along with Gilles, Smoker on the roof of the trailer and Peter's truck CB and IBS helmet radio.)

As requested, Gilles switched to the Mark 2 channel. "D'accord. I was programmed by using driving algorithms based on a Forumla One driver from Quebec named "Gilles Villeneuve". He was one of the best in the world, very aggressive. Until he died during a race a hundred years ago. A Junker named Misha downloaded part of the AI code from an ancient computer racing simulation to program me.

"I see in visible light and infrared, I have a built-in radio, can listen and of course speak. But I do need to be rechared by a Junker after 10 hours of minimal drain, 4.5 hours with everything on. Right now I am at 92% charge."


In the cab, Roadkill (listening or not) noted the LED display for Gilles' battery was at 9 bars.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 174 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 14 May 2012
at 04:58
Re: The Destroyer
As was usual for their driving order in the past, and true to their current mission, Peter brought up the rear with his technical. He kept distance from Roadkill's rig, just in case of any potential problems or accidents....he didn't want to be running into the back of the rig because he didn't leave himself enough room to manuever. But he kept up and vaguely listened to the radio chatter, mostly tuning it out. For once, he kept his eyes on the road and didn't glance back at Jane at all while he was driving. He seemed focused or determined or maybe just angry. It was hard to tell.
Roadkill
 player, 446 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 14 May 2012
at 09:02
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Gilles the Driver Bot (msg #15):

Sitting up the top of the truck Roadkill thinks
'this isn't so bad, the fresh air the view, the *pufft* "The bugs! Screw this i'm taking the driving seat again"

Before he knows it the truck pulls over and Jason hands over the radio. A good time to get back in the seat. Still wanting a break Roadkill lets Villeneuve drive for the next hour before taking over
The Marshall
 GM, 1135 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 14 May 2012
at 11:46
Re: The Destroyer
1315 Hours

As the Posse left Boise (and Tasmin resumed heading northwards), the clouds overhead became darker and soon, a cold rain was again pouring down on them.

I-84 was not a pleasant drive. It followed the Snake River Plain in a half circle from Boise down to Twin Falls and clear through to Montana. To the north of the highway are tall mountains, and to the south is the Snake River along with numerous canyons and vast expanses of soggy prairie.

The rain from the mountains washes down through the plateau to the river and constantly warps the highway. The convoy regularly splashes through massive pools of water from backed up drainage culverts blocked by debris.

During more civilized times (that is, before and during the period of all-out war between North and South) Idaho DOT road crews and the US Army Corps of Engineers kept it in good condition. These days, between the water, the ghost-rock craters, and the damage caused by occasional battles of the Last War, it’s more like an obstacle course than a road. It’s 130 or so miles from Boise to Twin Falls. It’s 130 or so miles from Boise to Twin Falls. Daphne made good time on her bike — about five hours, as it’s relatively easy to swerve through the wrecked cars and debris occasionally blocking the Interstate on a 2-wheeler.


Traveling in the technical and rig they wouldn't get there in nearly the same time. In fact, their overall speed was about halved. They would arrive in the morning. For this night, they'd just have to pull off the road and sleep in their vehicles if they couldn't find a convenient building.

Marshall's Note: I need 1 Drivin' roll from each driver. The Rig and the Technical have Handling -1 (so Roadkill and Peter each have a -1 penalty), the bike has a Handling of +3 (so Jason's Drivin' roll is +3). TN is 5 (Fair). Post rolls with IC posts or in the Roll thread.

Smoker, Rowan and Jane can all make Difficult (TN 9) Searchin' checks to locate some kind of structure near (but not too near the road) to camp in, otherwise, it's the vehicles.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:15, Mon 14 May 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 449 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 14 May 2012
at 12:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #18):

"What a place" Roadkill sees the destruction all around and when driving the rig turns and swerves as if he has it on a string.

"I kind of want to be sleeping in this truck and not in a semi destroyed place i think, what you think Ian"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:44, Mon 14 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 28 posts
Mon 14 May 2012
at 12:37
Re: The Destroyer
As the rain sets in it gets harder to see for any good distance. Jason barely slows though winding up nearly ten minutes ahead at one point. He waits until he sees the rig's headlights then continues on slower than before.
Smoker Nix
 player, 266 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 14 May 2012
at 13:38
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker huddles down, pulling his shemagh over his head, and peers through the rain.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 46 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Mon 14 May 2012
at 15:46
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to The Marshall (msg #18):

"What a place" Roadkill sees the destruction all around and when driving the rig turns and swerves as if he has it on a string.

"I kind of want to be sleeping in this truck and not in a semi destroyed place i think, what you think Ian"


Looking at the rain, Ian says, "Ya, at least we know that the cab is dry.  If we are going to rescue the hostages I would like to see every one have some half decent sleep."
The Marshall
 GM, 1140 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 14 May 2012
at 23:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg #22):

Due to a lack of glass, the inside of the vehicle cabs were not particularly dry. The armoured shutters needed to be open wide to see the road and so let in a great deal of rain. Although, it was better than being on the trailer (Smoker), riding (Jason) or in the back of the technical (Jane and Rowan) despite having rain gear.

Peter, dressed in his IBS, was probably the most dry. Roadkill and Sullivan had rain blown into their faces through the vision ports. Rowan and Jane huddled under a rain tarp in the back of the technical but still needed to keep their heads out to keep watch, and Smoker did the same on top of the trailer. Jason was the most wet as he not only had to contend with the torrential rain but massive pools of runoff.

A section of intact roof overhead and a fire would do wonders. Once they stopped and rain wasn't being blown into the vehicle cabs they would provide reasonable shelter. Roadkill's sleeping compartment remained relatively dry as would the inside of the trailer.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 177 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 15 May 2012
at 01:50
Re: The Destroyer
Peter got out and stretched once they found a spot to park for the night. He didn't relish driving at night or in rain, but both was far worse. So he was glad they were stopping, even though it would make them not reach their destination until later.

He looked at Jane and Rowan. "My apologies, ladies. I would install a topper to the back but then we'd have to work something out for the very large gun."
Jane Guin
 player, 166 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 15 May 2012
at 02:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #24):

Jane grinned down at Peter.  "That's ok.  It saves on showers and baby is getting used to it by now."

Jane leaned over the edge of the truck and spoke in a softer tone.  "Besides you'll get to dry me off later."
The Marshall
 GM, 1142 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 15 May 2012
at 19:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #25):

Usually, the convoy would find a structure to camp in, build a fire to dry off. They wanted to spend as much time on the road as possible, so they pushed it until the darkness started to fall. And fall it did, quickly, due to the heavy rain clouds. Dark mountains reared on their left, the Snake river rumbled angrily on their right.

Smoker, Jane and Rowan peered through the rain, looking for trouble (which was  less likely due to the rain) or maybe some shelter. None of the watchers on the vehicles was able to spot a suitable building or structure. The plains between the mountains and river were empty except for the odd ruined town or burned-out farmstead or ranch.

Roadkill and Peter seemed to be in favour of sleeping in their vehicles. This had the advantage of being convenient. The technical would really only sleep 3 at most (2 in the front bucket seats, 1 on the bench in back) and not particularly comfortably as the seats wouldn't allow you to stretch out all that much. As well, the technical was now more bulletproof than waterproof! The rig was more comfortable. The sleeper compartment behind the cab would sleep 1 comfortably, while of course everyone could sleep in the trailer. Unfortunately, you couldn't light a fire in the back of the trailer, or at least not a big one (and the rear doors would have to be open). You could still light a fire beside the vehicles (or in between) and put a tarp over to keep the rain off, but still wet.

Jason had more luck than the other searchers just as the last of the light died under dark rainclouds. Just before Glenns Ferry he spotted a small trailer park in a gully just off the Interstate to the right. Before the war it must have been a pretty sad place to live, with a few dead trees and barren hills with scattered clumps of tough desert grass and salal (bushes). Now everything was all brown and muddy.

There were some intact double-wide trailers that they could hide the vehicles between. Some of the trailers looked intact enough to provide shelter. Typically, bandits liked to tag their turf to show ownership but all the tags and graffiti sprawled on the trailers looked old and weathered, this was not likely the current home of some road gang. Jason didn't see any lights or smell any smoke.

Marshall's Note: It's either the trailer park or the open prairie. Let me know your choice. As mentioned the vehicles are more bulletproof than weatherproof so they probably won't be as comfortable as a building with an intact roof. Of course, buildings might be occupied.

https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.008042,0.013111

This message was last updated by the GM at 19:31, Tue 15 May 2012.

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 47 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Tue 15 May 2012
at 16:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Brother Edgar (msg #26):

Ian looks over the gang tags at the Trailer Park, he quickly checks a note books and not seeing any "known" active gangs on the tags he thinks that there has been no major recent activity there.

The trailers look drier then just sitting in the vehicles over the evening.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 178 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 15 May 2012
at 17:30
Re: The Destroyer
Peter opened his mouth to reply to Jane but then stopped himself. Saying something about her being wet just seemed a bit too on the nose. He snorted in asmuement and then found a pair of trailers to hide his technical behind, picking one that looked sturdy and would provide shelter inside nearby. He would sleep there.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 37 posts
Tue 15 May 2012
at 17:48
Re: The Destroyer
Jason as point man arrived a few minutes before everyone else. As the rest are pulling in to the Pointe Vista Village. He spots a series of trailers that look slightly less shabby than the rest. "Guys I found a trio of trailers a little further in. Two are serviceable but the third is the find. It has a fireplace that has been adapted. It would be nice to be dry tonight." Jason gives directions to the trailers.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 600 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 15 May 2012
at 20:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #29):

Rowan joins the Squire in finding some where for them to sleep, as far as she is concerned the back of the Semi will do fine on the road, next to her bike

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:46, Tue 15 May 2012.

Jane Guin
 player, 167 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 15 May 2012
at 20:21
Re: The Destroyer
Jane's smile grew wider as she saw Peter's mouth open to say something but then shut.  "I'll stay by Peter and the technical tonight.  You guys can find me there if you need me.  Hopefully I will be dry by then."
Smoker Nix
 player, 269 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 16 May 2012
at 15:33
Re: The Destroyer
"A fire would be nice to dry out, I'm soaked... as usual. Why cannot we live someplace the sun shines?" grumbled Smoker, scrambing down to investigate.
The Marshall
 GM, 1151 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 17 May 2012
at 01:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #32):

There's not much left of the destroyed trailer park.

Smoker and Jason find a parked trailer that's mostly intact and dry inside. It's been used as a camping area before. There's a fireplace in one end with a crude smoke hood, and a separate room for sleeping. Aside from a funky smell (nothing unusual) and considerable mold, it's as dry and comfortable or more than anywhere else.

It was now pitch dark due to the heavy rain. Everyone else had chosen a place to sack out. Jason started a fire, clothes were hung to dry. He settled in next to the fire. Peter and Jane were in the rear sleeping area and he wanted to give them some privacy. Smoker, Rowan and Sullivan were in the rear of the rig's trailer, which was dry if not particularly warm. Roadkill locked himself in the cab and retired to his bed in the sleeper compartment.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:23, Thu 17 May 2012.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 180 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 17 May 2012
at 03:09
Re: The Destroyer
Peter brought a towel out of one of his bags. He gave a very innocent looking smile to Jane when they were alone. "I now you wanted to get dry, so I brought this for you."
Jane Guin
 player, 168 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 17 May 2012
at 03:24
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #34):

Jane grinned as she walked over to Peter.  I thought that you'd help dry me off.  You mean I have to do it all myself?  Besides you owe me a kiss if I remember right."

Jane stood there waiting.  A promise was a promise and this was one that she totally intended to collect on.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 181 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 17 May 2012
at 04:25
Re: The Destroyer
He held the towel out towards her but lengthwise in both hands as if to envelop her in it. He couldn't hold the expression any longer and started chuckling. "Ohhhh I wouldn't be mean enough to make you shiver yourself. Once you are dry, I'll reluctantly share my body heat with you." He smiled at her. "Now strip.....out of the wet clothes so we can get you dry." And maybe wet again. He held off the kiss deliberately while he made her get dry first.
The Marshall
 GM, 1152 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 17 May 2012
at 04:53
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #36):

Over in the rig's sleeper cab, Roadkill slept, tortured by his own dream.

He awoke with a start, hearing some metallic scratching at the rig's passenger side door. The scratching continued as he got his wits about him.


     ^
    /|\
     |
     |
    ---
     N
Interstate 84

                             Semi-Intact Double-Wide Trailer
                         _______________________________________
       _________        | J P    |                      Fire    |
      |         |       |        |                  S           |
      |      MG |       |        ]_____                         |
      |_________|       |        |W/C             |(Living Room)|
       Technical        |________|_____|______   _|_____________|


                 _________________________________________    _____..____
                :    N                          Hoverbike |==| R     \   D
                |            Rt                           |  |        \   D
                |    I                                    |  |        /   D
                :_________________________________________|==|_____  /___D
                                        Rig                       ?``



0          5         10 yds.
|__________|__________|

R = Roadkill
S = Jason Sinclair
J = Jane
P = Peter
N = Smoker Nix
I = Sgt. Ian Sullivan
Rt= Rowan/Trickster

? = ?

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:58, Thu 17 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 271 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 17 May 2012
at 10:32
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker is sprawled on his back, snoring...
Roadkill
 player, 458 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 17 May 2012
at 12:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #38):

Waking up from his dreaming/nightmares he hears the scratching.

"Whaat *yawn* Trickster get!"

He waits a bit and get annoyed at Tricksters annoyance and bangs on the back of the Cab, even though he knows it wouldn't wake Rowan up, it at least made him feel better.

"I am going to blow your puppies head off if you don't get him!"

He checks the shells in his shotgun

This message was last edited by the player at 12:33, Thu 17 May 2012.

Jane Guin
 player, 170 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 17 May 2012
at 12:44
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #36):

Torture works both ways and if Peter was going to make her wait to get dry she would make him wait too.  She slowly peeled out of the wet clothes and moved to hang them up to dry before returning to his arms for drying off and the promised kiss.

"You are so generous to share your body heat.  I'll take you up on that offer."  She grinned and during the night if (when) his nightmares returned she would try to pull him closer to give of her heat.  She had wanted to do this many times for she knew that he didn't sleep well and hoped that having her there would give him a couple more minutes.  She hoped more but then she had already had her miracle today and didn't want to strain any good karma points by asking for more.
The Marshall
 GM, 1154 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 18 May 2012
at 00:00
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #39):

Although the rain had slowed in the predawn hour, it hadn't stopped entirely. This served to muffle sounds more than a few feet away.

Nearby, in the double-wide trailer, Jason awoke to Roadkill's mumbled warning. Eyes closed, Trickster lay beside Rowan but pricked up his ears. Everyone else slept on, if uneasily.

Inside the sleeper, Roadkill realised it couldn't possibly be the shy semi-feral coyote that Rowan befriended when a hand reached through the side window shutter (which he'd locked as a matter of course) and slid  back the bolt on the passenger side door, unsecuring it.

Marshall's Note: Due to a host of factors the rig, like most, is secured by deadbolts, not mechanical or electronic key locks (which are rare after the Final War).

Roadkill and Jason need to make Quickness checks.

Rowan, Smoker, Sullivan, Jane and Peter can make Fair (TN 5) Cognition checks to be awake and aware enough to react next turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:32, Fri 18 May 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1159 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 18 May 2012
at 01:46
Re: The Destroyer
The hand looked human-enough in the darkness. As Roadkill checked his shotgun and decided what to do, the door opened and a bulky man-sized shape swarmed in. A foul smell washed over him, reeking of spoiled meat and decay.

He glimpsed some kind of large autocannon on its back, a gleam of surgical steel held in a rotting hand.

"Your penis and testicles... I neeeeeed them to be complete.... give them to me, pleeeeease....."

The horrifying patchwork figure looked like a man. Or the roughly-matched parts of several men stitched together in a surgical manner. Possibly a woman or two in there, somewhere.

Thing? (Queen)
Sharp Scalpel
At passenger door of rig
2 Actions: Unlock door, climb in and Overawe attempt. Resist using Guts (add +2 for Grit) TN 3.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:41, Fri 18 May 2012.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 184 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 18 May 2012
at 01:56
Re: The Destroyer
Peter laughed and toweled Jane off, then gave her the promised kiss. He snuggled up to her as they slept....but as usual the sleep wasn't good. He hated his subconscious. It always fucked with him as hard as it could.

The beach again. The truck. But this was different. No bodies, bad guys or destroyed wrecks. He wasn't sure but he was fairly certain that he felt more creeped out by it being pleased than he did when it was angry. It had liked what he had said? Its urgings were too familiar to his own. He shuddered.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 38 posts
Fri 18 May 2012
at 03:37
Re: The Destroyer
Waking up to banging from the area of the rig Jason starts to doze back off when he hears Roadkill yelling about a coyote. Damned coyotes always finding a way to survive off of nothing. One less stupid mongrel wouldn't hurt a damned thing. Standing up rather groggily Jason checks the P90c and flicks safety off flashlight on. And prepares to hunt varmint.
Roadkill
 player, 465 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 18 May 2012
at 09:21
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #44):

Roadkill thankful for having his gun already ready throws caution to the wind and fires both barrels at the hulking freak show he sees before him.

With his ears ringing and not giving a hoot about if the beast was standing or not, he went for the door trying to quickly get out of the truck.

Roadkill (Jack: 4 Actions)
Sawed-Off Shotgun (2/2)
Sleeper compartment
1st Action: Fire both barrels at freak
2nd Action: Move to door, open bolt, get the hell out!
3rd Action: Finally open door.
4th Action: Sleeve Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:37, Fri 18 May 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1165 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 18 May 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill triggered both barrels into the thing. The explosion in the close space deafened him. Roadkill: -2 shot shells, weapon is now empty.

Both buckshot charges hit the target in the head, shredding its outer covering of skin and tissue on its face in a spray of hot steel. Exposing the steel underneath. Whatever it was rocked back, clearly affected by the buckshot, but not dead by any means.

At that point, however, Roadkill was struggling with the deadbolt and heavy driver side door, trying to get it open. Adrenaline pumping through his veins, he finally succeeded and shot the bolt back while shoving the door with all his might, almost falling into a fast-approaching Jason (carrying a compact SMG with flashlight attached). Ears ringing, Roadkill went to one knee in the mud while Jason skidded to a stop in front of him.

New Turn: Everyone is awake. Those who succeeded their previous Cognition Checks (I think that's only Peter, and maybe Smoker if he makes his roll) can function right away, those who didn't are still awake but must take an Action getting up. Remember, drawing a weapon takes an Action.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:38, Fri 18 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 272 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 18 May 2012
at 15:10
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker struggles awake, wondering what all the racket is about.

"Keep it down out there..." he mumbles, not moving yet.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 51 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 18 May 2012
at 15:29
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #47):

Ian hears the shot gun going off, he shakes himself awake.

He grabs his SMG checks the mag and the flash light on it.  Over the radio in his helmet he calls out, "What is happening?"
Patchy
Sat 19 May 2012
at 08:16
Re: The Destroyer
Silence came from inside the cab. Then a creak as the far passenger door was opened, and a squelch of footsteps in the mud, heading off into the darkness.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 610 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 19 May 2012
at 15:15
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan rolls out of her blankets
"You know trickster one day a good nights sleep will be in Order, what can you sense little friend"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:57, Sat 19 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 275 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 19 May 2012
at 15:53
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker remains sprawled where he is, listening and wishing he could go back to sleep.

Smoker (Six: 1 Action)
No weapon in hand
Rear of rig trailer
1 Action: Sleeve Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:17, Sat 19 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 40 posts
Sat 19 May 2012
at 18:48
Re: The Destroyer
"Everyone hold position please I don't want to shoot you on accident. Something attacked Roadkill. Gonna see what." Jason says into his radio. He quickly climbs to the open cab and then through after the thing.

Jason Sinclair
                 FN P90c (24/24)
                  Action 1 climb into cab
                Action 2 climb out on far side
                Action 3 Hold Action

Peter Firecrow
 player, 187 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 19 May 2012
at 19:10
Re: The Destroyer
Peter doesn't know yet what's going on. He heard what sounded like gun shots, a shotgun shot to be more exact. He reaches down to pull his own auto-shotgun into his hands and looks around. "Jane! Wake up! We got trouble!"

Peter (1 Action)
Auto-Shotgun (15/15 +7 slugs)
Location: Trailer
Action 1 Draw weapon

Jane Guin
 player, 176 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 19 May 2012
at 23:01
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #53):

Jane slowly comes awake, finding that she liked being next to Peter but didn't want to move yet.  His words of "We got trouble" helped her assemble her thoughts fast.

She finally rolled and reached for her SAW.

Jane (1 Action)
Location: Trailer
Action 1 Draw weapon

This message was last edited by the player at 00:51, Sun 20 May 2012.

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 52 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Sun 20 May 2012
at 04:52
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Everyone hold position please I don't want to shoot you on accident. Something attacked Roadkill. Gonna see what." Jason says into his radio. He quickly climbs to the open cab and then through after the thing.

Jason Sinclair
                 FN P90c (24/24)
                  Action 1 climb into cab
                Action 2 climb out on far side
                Action 3 Hold Action


Ian hears that over the radio, and moves over to Rowan to relay the message(OOC, she does not have a radio?)

H&K MP5 (30/30)
Action 1 Draw Weapon
Action 2 Move to Rowan and relay the message quietly.
Trickster
 NPC, 9 posts
Mon 21 May 2012
at 06:59
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan rolls out of her blankets
"You know trickster one day a good nights sleep will be in Order, what can you sense little friend"


The coyote sniffed the air.

"Something smells really bad out there! If it wasn't so rainy out I'd find a safer place to hide, like outside. 'Scuze me." Trickster slunk off to the hoverbike that was parked in the front of the trailer.
The Marshall
 GM, 1172 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 21 May 2012
at 07:12
Re: The Destroyer
The rain still drummed down on the metal roof of the rig and trailer, and the nearby mobile home, slightly less than before but still cold.

Leaving a stunned Roadkill to stand there holding an empty shotgun, Jason climbed into and cleared the rig's cab. It smelled terrible inside, a mix of gunsmoke and rotting flesh. Scraps of tissue and an unidentifiable fluid decorated the passenger seat area, on the inside of the door, on the cracked seat and in the footwell. Then he plunged into the darkness on the other side, feet squelching in the mud. His tac-light beam was swallowed in the night.

Slowly, the rest of the camp came awake. No one other than Jason seemed eager to pursue whatever it was that Roadkill shot at, instead basically holding their positions.

Marshall's Note: New Turn, need Quickness Checks for new Actions.

     ^
    /|\
     |
     |
    ---
     N
Interstate 84

                             Semi-Intact Double-Wide Trailer
                         _______________________________________
       _________        | J P    |                      Fire    |
      |         |       |        |                              |
      |     (MG)|       |       \______                         |
      |_________|       |        |W/C /           |(Living Room)|
       Technical        |________|_____|______   _|_____________|
                                                /

                 _________________________________________    ____ \_____
                :    N                          Hoverbike |==|       \   D
                |            R                      t     |  |        \   D
                |    I                                    |  |        /   D
                :_________________________________________|==|____  _/___D
                                        Rig                     R  /
                                                                  J



0          5         10 yds.
|__________|__________|

R = Roadkill
S = Jason Sinclair
J = Jane
P = Peter
N = Smoker Nix
I = Sgt. Ian Sullivan
Rt= Rowan/Trickster

? = ?

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:04, Tue 22 May 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 470 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 21 May 2012
at 08:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #57):

Roadkill followed through the cab to get his Mossberg 500 with tac light and jumps out the other door behind jason.

"It wanted balls Jas, it wanted may glorious manhood." Roadkill looks to Jason and shrugs "you know how to find it"

Roadkill looks on not having any idea how to find the thing.

Roadkill (three: 1 Actions)
Mossberg 500 (8/8)
Going through cab
1st Action: moving into truck and getting Mossberg 500
2nd Action (Sleeve card): Jumping out and talking to Jason

This message was last edited by the player at 02:30, Tue 22 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 276 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 21 May 2012
at 09:29
Re: The Destroyer
If whatever it was had left, Smoker decided to go back to sleep rather than fret about it.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 188 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 21 May 2012
at 13:51
Re: The Destroyer
"C'mon, let's go see what's goin' on. You better get to the truck in case there's big trouble." He headed outside from the trailer and looked around to see what was going on.

Peter (2 Actions)
Auto-Shotgun (15/15 +7 slugs)
Location: Just outside of Trailer
Action 1: Movement and talking to Jane
Action 2: Looking for what was shot at.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:32, Wed 23 May 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 611 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 21 May 2012
at 17:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trickster (msg #56):

Rowan Chuckles holding her Ak and looking out into the darknesss.
" Can not say I blame you trickste, If you get into the side box on the bike you should be out of sight".

"Every one okay"
she asks of the group?

Rowan (King: 1 Action)
AK (30/30)
Rear of trailer
Action 1: Ready AK while moving to door, talking.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:43, Tue 22 May 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 473 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 21 May 2012
at 17:25
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #61):

"What the fuck are you guys laughing about! Smoker! get your arse up or I will shot you in the the god damned balls you bitch!"

It is beyound him that the fact that something attacks and no one gives a shit. He thinks of Trejo and the Colonial and how it might have been better to be with those that understand that death is staring them in the face.


<OOC  I kind of forgot we are still in combat still. edited down>

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Tue 22 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 277 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 21 May 2012
at 17:47
Re: The Destroyer
"Rats! Whatever it was, it's gone. Is there any threat now?" grumbles Smoker as he scrambles up and looks round blearily.

Smoker (King, 2 Actions)
Unarmed
Rear of Trailer
Action 1: Wait
Action 2: See later post

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:26, Tue 22 May 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 613 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 21 May 2012
at 21:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #63):

rowan contines to Kneal by the door of the truck ( still inside the rear of the semi.)
She looks at Smoker "My little friend coments the badness is still out there"

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:08, Tue 22 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 42 posts
Mon 21 May 2012
at 22:10
Re: The Destroyer
  When Roadkill starts his little rant Jason snorts. "You keep it up I might let whatever it was come back." Jason laughs. He checks his load out turns on the laser sight and starts walking a short way straight in front of him.

OOC: Jason Sinclair
   FN P90c (24/24)
   Sleeved card: move and check weapon
    1st Action: Repeat Search check (.  )
    2nd Action: Aim
    3rd Action: Held 

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 55 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Tue 22 May 2012
at 02:13
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #65):

Ian looks over to Smoker and says, "I am not sure if it is gone, cover me when I open the down and check on what is happening in the back of the rig"

Ian opens the back door of the rig and looks around.  He will keep the flash light turned off at this time.

SMG (30/30)
1st action open rig back door while talking
2nd action search the area
3rd sleeve card

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:43, Wed 23 May 2012.

Jane Guin
 player, 180 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 22 May 2012
at 02:25
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #60):

Jane nodded to Peter.  When she can, she makes her way to the truck and check out that things are ok.

Jane (Ten, 4 Actions)
HI SAW (60/60)
Mobile Home
Action 1: Wait (talks to Peter, simple "0 Action")
Action 2: Move to Truck (running, 16 yards). Doesn't quite make it, Picks up Pace (+3 yds).
Action 3: 19 of 20 yards, almost there, picks up pace again (+4 yards).
Action 4: Vaults into truck bed (makes Fair EN5 Nimbleness check)

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:38, Wed 23 May 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 475 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 22 May 2012
at 02:28
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #61):

"What the fuck are you guys laughing about! Smoker! get your arse up or I will shot you in the the god damned balls you bitch!"

It is beyound him that the fact that something attacks and no one gives a shit. He thinks of Trejo and the Colonial and how it might have been better to be with those that understand that death is staring them in the face.


<OOC  I kind of forgot we are still in combat still. edited down>


Roadkill is unsure on what to do. Should he stay or go he thinks.
Looking around he has no idea on what is out there.


Roadkill (Six: 2 Actions)
Mossberg (8/8)
1st action Talking while Searching with via guns light
2nd Action: Sleeve Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:33, Tue 22 May 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 278 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 22 May 2012
at 07:23
Re: The Destroyer
"All right, Ian."

Smoker draws his handgun and peers out dutifully.

Smoker (Five, 1 Action)
.357 Magnum Colt Python (6/6)
Rear of Trailer
Action 1: Waited
Action 2: Move to rear door, draw revolver.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:28, Tue 22 May 2012.

Patchy
Tue 22 May 2012
at 10:29
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #69):

Patchy was pissed at not only missing the opportunity to harvest Roadkill's genitalia, that bastard had shot off his face!

Damn him, he's going to pay!

Running away in shame and anger, he slowed to a walk by a bushes, then stopped and turned around to look back.

With rising anger saw flashlight beams playing around, looking for him. Well, you found me, fuckers!

"YOU LITTLE BITCH, YOU OWE ME A FACE NOW, TOO!"

He deployed his 12mm minigun and aimed at the bobbing flashlights, firing on full-auto. With horror, Roadkill and Jason saw a machinegun opened up at them from close range, a stream of pink (Hellstromme Industries standard) tracers screaming out of the darkness at them. They heard the whine of a minigun's electric motor, bullets whanging off the truck around and behind them...



Patchy (Deuce 2 Actions + Hole Card)
12mm HI Minigun (120/120)
20 yards from truck
Action 1: Draw 12mm Minigun
Action 2: Fire full Autofire (ROF 9) at Roadkill and Jason.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:32, Tue 22 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 43 posts
Tue 22 May 2012
at 12:28
Re: The Destroyer
  As Jason dives behind the rig he yells at Roadkill "If you and me get out of this I will personally shoot you in the butt. Do hear me you blasted Yankee?" his Southern drawl is very pronounced when he says this. As he is diving he kills the flashlight.
Roadkill
 player, 479 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 22 May 2012
at 13:12
Re: The Destroyer
"Did you hea....

Patchy:
firing on full-auto. They heard the whine of a minigun's electric motor, bullets whanging off the truck around and behind them...


Jason was quick but Roadkill was on the back foot and as he turned, something caught the peak of his hat, knocking it to the ground.
Roadkill takes a few quick steps to the cab and jumps inside the truck for cover. Hoping it won't be torn apart by the minigun.

Jason Sinclair:
"If you and me get out of this I will personally shoot you in the butt.


"Why does everyone want to do stuff to my body!"

Roadkill (Dodging)
Taking cover in the trucks cab
Mossberg (8/8)
Dodging

The Marshall
 GM, 1180 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 22 May 2012
at 23:40
Re: The Destroyer
People started to slowly come awake, draw their weapons.

Exiting the mobile home, Peter asked Jane to man the .50. Jane sprinted by him, heading for the technical, vaulting into the truck bed.

Inside the rig's trailer, Sullivan and Smoker drew their weapons and moved to the rear doors and looked out into the darkness. Rowan readied her AK and moved to the door as well, relaying what Trickster (her "pet" coyote) had told her. The red dot of the rifle laser played into the darkness.

Outside by the rig, Jason and Roadkill pursued the mysterious figure back through the cab of the truck. They stood, peering into the darkness. It became terrifyingly obvious that the fight wasn't over when there was a roar of minigun fire and whanging of bullets off the rig's armoured sides as pink tracers streaked towards them in the darkness. As the incoming fire seemed to be primarily aimed at Roadkill, he dove into the open cab door to escape them.


NEW TURN: Please post Initiative.

     ^
    /|\
     |
     |
    ---
     N
Interstate 84

                             Semi-Intact Mobile Home
                         _______________________________________
       _________        |        |                      Fire    |
      |         |       |        |                              |
      |    (MG)J|       |       \______                         |
      |_________|       |        |W/C /           |(Living Room)|
       Technical        |________|_____|______   _|_____________|
                                                /
                                              P
                 _________________________________________    ____ \_____
              --: N                             Hoverbike |==|       \   D
                .  R                                t     |  |        \   D
                .I                                        |  |        /   D
              --:_________________________________________|==|____R _/___D
                                        Rig                        /
                                                                  S





                                                               *
                                                               *
                                                               *

                                                               T


0          5         10 yds.
|__________|__________|

R = Roadkill
S = Jason Sinclair
J = Jane
P = Peter
N = Smoker Nix
I = Sgt. Ian Sullivan
Rt= Rowan/Trickster

T = Patchy

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:46, Thu 24 May 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 615 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 23 May 2012
at 20:17
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #73):

rowan looks at the other two. her hand wavers back and forth, in an uncertainty way as she covers the door hlding her action


Rowan (Ace, 2 Actions)
AK-47 (30/30)
Rear of trailer
Action: Sleeve Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Wed 23 May 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 45 posts
Wed 23 May 2012
at 22:43
Re: The Destroyer
As the rounds from the 12mm tracer rounds start zipping past Jason starts running. He takes cover around the front of the semi. He turns and aims then fires a burst from his P90c.
Jane Guin
 player, 183 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 24 May 2012
at 02:43
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #75):

Jane had her SAW slung over her shoulder as she had climbed into the technical so that she was able to get Baby ready.  Once that was ready she quickly started to search for a target using her flashlight and if she were lucky enough to find one (obviously not one of her party) then she'd be ready to fire a six round burst...otherwise she'd hold.

Jane (3 Actions)
M2HB  "Baby" (93/105)
Location: back of Technical
Action 1: Ready MG
Action 2: Search for Target (with flashlight)
Action 3: Fire 6 round burst if find target, otherwise hold.

Smoker Nix
 player, 281 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 25 May 2012
at 07:48
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker continues to observe from the back of the rig, weapon in hand.

Smoker (Five, 2 Actions)
Colt Python (6/6)
Rear of trailer
Action 1: Search
Action 2: Sleeve Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:18, Fri 25 May 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 483 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 25 May 2012
at 11:53
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #77):

Roadkill thinks about moving the truck or at least getting Gillies to do so. He tries to close the door and then go out the other door to get an idea where everyone is.

Roadkill (Card 5: 2 actions)
Closing door and getting out on the far side of the cab
Mossberg (8/8)
Action 1: carefully close door
Action 2: Get to the other door and reload shotgun

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 58 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 25 May 2012
at 16:51
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #78):

After hearing the mini-gun go off Ian decides to not become a target of it.  He moves up to Smoker and says very quietly, "We need some way to get the team together.  That thing will chew us apart"

Ian (1 action + 1 sleeved card)
M4 (20/20)
Action 1: move and talk with Smoker while keeping an eye out for the attacker.

The Marshall
 GM, 1193 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 27 May 2012
at 10:20
Re: The Destroyer
Closing the passenger door, Roadkill exited out the far side. Jason was nearby, leaning around the front of the rig, protected by the engine block and ram plate.

Everyone seemed to be in a degree of cover, as far as Roadkill could see. Peter was behind the truck, Jane was in the back of the technical, manning the Ma-Deuce and sweeping the darkness with her flashlight. Rowan, Sullivan and Smoker were hidden in the back of the trailer. Jason, of course, was beside him.

In the light of his flashlight, Jason saw a figure in rags standing about 20 yards away. Holding a minigun, steam hissing off the barrels as rain struck it. It appeared to be missing it's head. A wisp of smoke curled up from the stump of the neck, as well as the odd spark.

Marshall's Note: Okay, now combat's over.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 48 posts
Sun 27 May 2012
at 11:41
Re: The Destroyer
"Shooter is down guys. Repeat Shooter is down." Jason walks over to the body keeping it covered with the P90c until he gets close enough to be sure it didn't have a second head or something.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 191 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sun 27 May 2012
at 13:47
Re: The Destroyer
Peter looked around but didn't see what was causing the disturbance. He was about to call out to ask what the hell was going on. That was about the time the minigun went off. Peter hit the deck, knowing the difference between his own machinegun and that thing firing their way. But it wasn't shooting at him. He got back up into a crouch and the thing was dead by the time he brought his gun up to bear again.

"I'm gettin' too old for this shit."
Jane Guin
 player, 185 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 27 May 2012
at 14:20
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #82):

Jane chuckled at Peter's comment.  "That's ok.  I'm sure there will be more opportunities for you to shoot things.  Besides, out here?  Dead does not always mean dead."
Roadkill
 player, 485 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sun 27 May 2012
at 14:38
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Shooter is down guys. Repeat Shooter is down." Jason walks over to the body keeping it covered with the P90c until he gets close enough to be sure it didn't have a second head or something.


Roadkill looks towards Jason.
"What, are you kidding? Who fired? who killed it?"

Roadkill looks around again confused.

"It just fired that gun, did it shoot itself?"

Roadkill heads towards the front of the truck and points his gun at 'the thing' to help light on it.
Jane Guin
 player, 186 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 27 May 2012
at 14:45
Re: The Destroyer
Jane doesn't immediately stand down.  She hadn't been kidding when she had told Peter that in the area they were at some things weren't dead when they appeared to be.  It was better to stay on guard longer just in case.  Besides, she was still pissed off for them waking her up when she had been snuggled so nicely into Peter.  That by itself was grounds to want to shoot something.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 49 posts
Mon 28 May 2012
at 01:03
Re: The Destroyer
  "Yeah no idea Roadkill it is missing it's head and it had one when it shot at us. It has sparks as well as blood shootin out of his neck. No idea what it is at the moment. The minigun is Hellstrome Industries. His head is just gone. Not shot off plain ol' gone."
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 59 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Mon 28 May 2012
at 02:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #86):

Ian hops out of the trailer looks around.  "I hope that was the only one around here.  Anyone heard of anything like this?"
Roadkill
 player, 486 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 28 May 2012
at 04:21
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg #87):

replying to Ian

"no idea. It wanted body parts and can handle a shotgun blast from point blank"

roadkill keeps his moss pointed at the figure as he moves towards it

"i got this side Jason"

Still wary he makes sure to arch to his left so as not to be walking directly towards the mini guns current firing position.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:48, Mon 28 May 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 619 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 28 May 2012
at 05:13
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  "Yeah no idea Roadkill it is missing it's head and it had one when it shot at us. It has sparks as well as blood shootin out of his neck. No idea what it is at the moment. The minigun is Hellstrome Industries. His head is just gone. Not shot off plain ol' gone."


Head banger going off is Rowans opinion
The Marshall
 GM, 1195 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 28 May 2012
at 05:28
Re: The Destroyer
There didn't appear to be any more of what it was out there.

Whatever it was... it was wearing rags for clothes. With waxy white skin gleamed in the rain. Aside from the smoking 12mm Minigun clutched in its dead hands, there were no other visible weapons. The linkless auto-feed ammo belt fed under his left arm to a backpack. Some sort of stubby boxlike shape peeked over the left shoulder.
Smoker Nix
 player, 283 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 28 May 2012
at 09:26
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker hops down and comes over, cautiously. There might be something worth scavenging, after all.
The Marshall
 GM, 1196 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 28 May 2012
at 17:25
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #91):

Smoker approached the eerily-frozen figure. The man appeared to be an automaton underneath the patchwork human skin.

It's head was there, it had just had just tipped back and fallen off, laying behind it's feet. Aside from the minigun it had a box-like grenade launcher sticking up behind the left shoulder, from the ammo backpack.
Smoker Nix
 player, 284 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 28 May 2012
at 18:14
Re: The Destroyer
Fascinating... what kind of control mechanisms does it have? Smoker's curiousity got the better of him as he took a closer look.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 60 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Mon 28 May 2012
at 20:07
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #93):

Ian, using his flash light is looking around as well.  He is making sure that what ever it was was alone.
Jane Guin
 player, 187 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 28 May 2012
at 20:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg #94):

Jane still stays with Baby although it is uncertain if it is because Peter was there, Baby was there and a bigger gun than the SAW, or she just didn't want to go looking at anything creepy right now.  They were all valid reasons and she could even add on to it that she didn't trust something not to jump out at them.  In the end she still kept searching with the flashlight and stayed on watch while the others decided if it was safe(r) or not.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 50 posts
Tue 29 May 2012
at 02:16
Re: The Destroyer
"Well that's nice. It's a Tin Man. A rogue Combine Automaton that grafts body parts onto itself. Means the gear is likely chipped. Jane can you come get it? At the very least the ammo. I don't want a big thump going off and alerting the bastards that we are coming." Jason shifted his focus from the dead bot to the woods around him.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 61 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Tue 29 May 2012
at 05:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #96):

"What are the chances that there is more then one of them around here?"
Roadkill
 player, 487 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 29 May 2012
at 10:22
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg #97):

Looking at the mini gun and then at the top of the truck

"Damn that would look good up top there. What has to be done to dechip these things as a mini gun would be totally worth it"

Roadkill goes over to Jason and give him a friendly punch to the shoulder

"Put it on your bike even"
Smoker Nix
 player, 285 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 29 May 2012
at 11:36
Re: The Destroyer
"It won't be a trivial task to dechip them," muttered Smoker, checking to see if they were indeed chipped.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 193 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 29 May 2012
at 14:14
Re: The Destroyer
Peter made a face. A rogue automaton grafting human parts on to it? Disgusting, even for the Wasted West! He shook his head but couldn't help himself from moving towards it when he saw Scavenger Smoker going. He stopped when the discussion of Black Hat chips was brought up. He moved back to the technical.

"Stupid delusional would-be conqueror booby-trapping everything."
Roadkill
 player, 489 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 29 May 2012
at 16:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #100):

"Ok ok ok. Lets sort this shit out. Scavenge away and I will check with Gillies to see what time it is. Get going Smoke"

Roadkill walked over towards his truck. He stopped and turned to everyone and  spoke.

"The time we have now is the last time we will all be together. Do not fool yourself. Make your peace with your friends as this"
He points to the automation "can pin us down and make us ineffective, therefore me, you, all of us will die."
He looks at Rowan, Jane and Peter
"Those that you seem to love will die"

He looks to smoker and nods
"And those you know and trust. Those that we can clearly trust. "
He looks at Ian and Jason, pointing as he says Jason's name. The one man that came to his aid, The new Templar.

Tomorrow and the next day will be like no other"

Roadkill turns and heads back to the truck and says one last thing that he would never usually say

"Thank you Jason, You are a good man"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 620 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 29 May 2012
at 19:07
Re: The Destroyer
<quote Roadkill>


Rowan inclines her head.
"But in the end it is the one thing we have that the Terror of the west can not match our love for one another".
"Lets be on our way shall We?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 194 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 30 May 2012
at 02:37
Re: The Destroyer
"Bitter much, Roadkill? That kind of talk is what turns folk into road gangers intent only pleasing themselves until their short lives end, making a short life shorter and end in violence and self-loathing."

He shook his head and walked slowly around his truck, inspecting it for any damage the automaton might have done.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 622 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 31 May 2012
at 05:22
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #103):

Rowan climbs down out of the truck and walks towards the Autominatum,, curious to know what made it go, then hearing the warning about boby traps apruptly alters course to the pick up, and takes cover behind it
The Marshall
 GM, 1202 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 31 May 2012
at 09:43
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker began carefully examining the headless automaton.

Examining the inside, he realised that the unit was booby trapped! It could go off at any moment.
Smoker Nix
 player, 289 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 31 May 2012
at 10:05
Re: The Destroyer
"Drat! This thing is booby-trapped!!!" says Smoker, backing away.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 51 posts
Thu 31 May 2012
at 10:56
Re: The Destroyer
"Back away slowly. Anything could set this thing off at this point." Jason says walking backwards slowly. Waiting just waiting to hear the sound of an explosion then nothing.
The Marshall
 GM, 1202 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 31 May 2012
at 12:10
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #106):

There are times to back away. Then there are times to run like the devil is at your heels.

Smoker started to back up, a very slow procedure. There was a white flash, then nothing.

Everyone else saw an explosion flash in the darkness, Smoker flying through the air.

This message was last updated by the GM at 12:10, Thu 31 May 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 623 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 31 May 2012
at 17:56
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #108):

Rowan waits for the crunch knowing she will have work to do soon
Jane Guin
 player, 189 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 31 May 2012
at 18:50
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #108):

Jane winced when she heard/saw the explosion.  That's why I'm why I didn't stay there."  Jane looked around and noticed that Rowan was watching also and know thew that she would be ready to give assistance.

"If I can help you with anything Rowan, let me know."
The Marshall
 GM, 1203 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 31 May 2012
at 19:24
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #109):

The air stank of explosives and vapourised lubricant and solvents, sharp as gunpowder and brimstone.

Explosion ringing in her ears, Rowan reached Smoker, saw he was in very poor shape. There were serious wounds to his head, upper chest, lower body and left leg. She couldn't find any vital signs (no pulse, respiration, pupil dilation).
Rowan Dawson
 player, 624 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 31 May 2012
at 20:47
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #111):

"Grab my bag jane pleasE". Rowan runs over and starts CPR
The Marshall
 GM, 1204 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 31 May 2012
at 21:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #112):

Rowan professional experience told her that the patient was flatlined, with head trauma in addition to multiple chest wounds. Whether she understood or not, emotionally, was another question.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 625 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 31 May 2012
at 21:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #113):

her mutter would be damn it not another one, she will get his heart started with the shocker and then start treating wounds
The Marshall
 GM, 1205 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 31 May 2012
at 21:38
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #114):

Nothing works, the patient is completely unresponsive. He has no pulse, shocking his heart will not start it again.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 626 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 31 May 2012
at 21:52
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #115):

Rowan keeps trying long after it is obvious that smoker has gone.
She is damned if she will give up
"Templar get over her and use your healing"
She yells
Jane Guin
 player, 190 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 31 May 2012
at 23:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #112):

Jane does as Rowan asked and after handing it to her stands by to help if she can.  Personally she didn't think anything could be done but then weirder things had happened.  The best she could do was to follow directions and help protect Rowan if anything came for her.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 52 posts
Thu 31 May 2012
at 23:55
Re: The Destroyer
With great sorrow Jason walks over and puts a hand on Rowan's shoulder. "Rowan I'm only a Squire I can't heal him. I will try but do not put a great amount of hope in it." Jason bends down and starts to go into himself to bring forth the power of the Saints like he was taught. His hands grow a little bright, but .....

This message was last edited by the player at 01:15, Fri 01 June 2012.

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 62 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 00:55
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #118):

Ian hears the explosion and her rushes back to see what happened.  Hearing of Smokers death his expression hardens up.

"Why is always it always the young ones." he mutters under his breath.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 195 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 02:28
Re: The Destroyer
Peter flinched when the explosion went off and he crouched down instinctively. He then turned towards it, in time to see Smoker's body hit the ground. He winced visibly, then he slowly straightened back up with a heavy sigh. "Damn. Why did he have to go near it?"
The Marshall
 GM, 1207 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 03:27
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker wasn't responding, and Rowan knew in her heart that Smoker was a goner. She flashed to Michaela, Arthur. Then further back to before the war, mostly traffic accidents, some shootings along the Maryland Turnpike and in the clubs and bars and convenience stores. Jason took over and Rowan and Jane stepped aside to let him work.

Now, Jason was not a Templar. He had not been blessed by Simon, not been welcomed into the knighthood. Yet, the Saints worked in mysterious ways, they already subverted the laws of time and space. They bestowed their blessings however they chose, and it seemed they chose Jason.

His hands began to glow, something they'd never done before. They got so bright it was like he had two spotlights in his hands shining down on Smoker's wounds. After a moment they could smell burned hair and ozone, see feathers of static electrical bolts strobed down onto the body beneath him.

Life returned into Smoker's lifeless body. The wounds on his head and torso were healed. His left leg was still hurt (Heavy Wound) and Rowan was now out of healing poultices, but he was alive!
Roadkill
 player, 490 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 06:39
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #121):

Roadkill sits in the truck, trying to get the remains of the thing out and then the explosion went off. He sat there, somewhat in shock as Rowan and Jason managed to save Smoker.

*sigh* "lets just get out of here, we are expected elsewhere"
His tone was dejected as he started the engine. it was early morning and sleeping for another hour or two would do little.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 627 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 07:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #121):

Rowan watches in astonishment as the wounds heal
and as she and the Templar finish work she turns, and does something the party have never seen her do before,
She kneels and bows her head touching the ground.
" I give thee thanks Lord, I do not know what Power worked through you, but clearly your superiors should be made aware of it.
"So Shall i do, this my word on it I Rowan Dawson Servant of the Green way so Swear."


Rowan recites clearly from memory

Ever Mind The Rule Of Three
Three Times Your Acts Return To Thee
This Lesson Well, Thou Must Learn
Thou Only Gets What Thee Dost Earn1


"Lets get him in the back of the pick up and made comfortable, and then I need to scavenge for some herbs and other things and make some healing poultices up."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:54, Fri 01 June 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 53 posts
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 07:29
Re: The Destroyer
  Jason looks at his hands as they just did something that he was always told would never happen. "That was strange. Good, but a little strange."
Smoker Nix
 player, 291 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 07:43
Re: The Destroyer
"Uerghhhh...."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 628 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 07:53
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #124):

Rowan Smiles "helping and healing always feels good to me Jason"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 629 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 07:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #125):

Rowan
looks at Smoker.
"Idiot" she says in a firm but friendly voice.
"Say thank you to Jason, he just saved your life, and you oue him big time"

Now lets get you in the back of the Technical where you can be kept an eye on
Smoker Nix
 player, 292 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 09:02
Re: The Destroyer
"Feel like I have been chewed up and spat out," says Smoker. "Thank you to Jason, though... it might have been even worse... Where do you want me?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 630 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 09:28
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #128):

Rowan "Back of the Pick up Smoker."
"Need to keep an eye on you for a few hours friend"

Smoker Nix
 player, 293 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 10:02
Re: The Destroyer
"Everything was dark... then I saw a light up ahead. Warm and dry... felt safe. Then I opened my eyes... never been so glad to see your ugly faces! But I think I could sleep for a week."

Smoker struggled up, yelped and lurched. "Could I have a hand, please?" he asked, clutching on to the nearest object for support.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 54 posts
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 10:07
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #126):

"I was a Ranger before al of this Rowan. That was helpin' what I just did was somethin' totally different. I can only hope that you and I have some sort of destiny to warrant that kind of attention Smoker." Jason said as he gathered his things and got the bike ready to go. "Your welcome by the way and it wasn't me it was the Saints."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 631 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 10:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #130):

The miniute Smoker tries to stand, Rowan is helping him.
"Some one bring the Technical over here please and lets get him loaded on toghter shal we"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 632 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #131):

Rowan fingers flicker brifly as she acknowledges the above help in her own way.
She looks at Jason "well I was a paramedic and that is what I still am, just with a few extra skills".
"As to destiny, who knows!"
"All i really want is for peace to come again."


Rowan smiles as she settles down beside Smoker so she can continue his care

"John Denver had it right you know"


Its hard to tell the truth
When no one wants to listen
When no one really cares
Whats going on
And its hard to stand alone
When you need someone beside you
Your spirit and your faith
They must be strong

What one man can do is dream
What one man can do is love
What one man can do is change the world
And make it young again
Here you see what one man can do

Peter Firecrow
 player, 196 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 14:05
Re: The Destroyer
Peter had gotten into the technical was preparing to move out as Roadkill had "ordered". He saw an odd glow coming from one side but it didn't last long. He blinked a few times. What was that? Someone messing with a flashlight over there?

Rowan called out for the technical and he frowned. Were her legs broken? He sighed and shook his head as he turned it on and then backed slowly up towards her. He stopped and looked lazily out to see if she would get in. Then he saw Smoker. Smoker wasn't dead. Smoker was being helped into the back of his truck. His jaw dropped open and he stared for a long moment.

He finally shook himself and coughed. "Odd fucking way to start the day."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 633 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 14:17
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #134):

"Jane could some one tell road kill I will need to stop and find some incredients durring daylight hourse, that is if he wants smoker fighting fit"
Rowan gets Smoker settled and covered against the night chill with his leg elevated, slightly
Jason Sinclair
 player, 55 posts
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 14:55
Re: The Destroyer
"While I feel Smoker should be healed as best as we can we can only spare a little bit to search for the herbs Rowan. Every minute puts someone closer to death. If need be I will go ahead of all of you to make sure that we make our meeting with the scouting group. Too much is at stake to bungle this." Jason says as nicely as possible.
Smoker Nix
 player, 294 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 16:07
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker was barely settled before he nodded off...
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 63 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 16:28
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #137):

Ian is thankful that Jason was able to find his faith and was able to bring Smoker back.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 634 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 16:28
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #136):

Rowan nods understandingly, "I know Jason. But if I can find the ingreients I can make a politce that will heal his damage, and get him fighting fit"
Jane Guin
 player, 191 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 21:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #139):

"I'll go with you Rowan.   If you show me what to look for then I'll be all the more knowledgeable.  At the very least I can try to help keep guard and/or protect you."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 635 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jun 2012
at 22:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #140):

"Thank you Jane, Better check with Road kill I think he wanted to move out"

Jane Guin
 player, 192 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 02:24
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #141):


Jane grumbled but called out for Roadkill.  "Hey Roadkill.  We got time for Rowan to get some herbs?  She needs to restock and we need all the help we can get for healing.  I would go with her and we'd try to make it short."
Roadkill
 player, 491 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 03:04
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #141):


Jane grumbled but called out for Roadkill.  "Hey Roadkill.  We got time for Rowan to get some herbs?  She needs to restock and we need all the help we can get for healing.  I would go with her and we'd try to make it short."


"Are you guys joking?"

Roadkill turns the trucks lights on and then off again.

"How bout we travel on and wait a few hours for" he pauses "the sun, look I got to take a piss so you quickly look and when I'm back we go"

"When we out of here Jason stay back or ride out front, up to you, Gillies has got it in the dark"
Jane Guin
 player, 193 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 03:12
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #143):

Jane chuckles and then looks over at Rowan.  "You heard him.  Want to look now or wait for the sun to come up?  I've heard that some herbs and stuff should be gathered in the dark but never knew if that was one of those wives tales or truth.  Your call Rowan."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 636 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 08:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #144):

Rowan
Thanks Jane.
"I think day light would be better and less stressful."
"I really do not want to meet one of those creatures in hte dark"
"Hopefuly with tricksters senses and m our searching we can get enough to make several poltices"
The Marshall
 GM, 1208 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 2 Jun 2012
at 10:31
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill took his piss, then mounted up his truck. It seemed they would not spend the several hours necessary to find ingredients for Rowan's healing poultices. It would be futile in the pitch darkness, anyways.

Using the driver bot's night vision, they slowly moved out onto the Interstate. It was slow going, and dangerous. Gilles muttered in French. Peter followed the tail lights of the rig, trusting that whatever the more massive vehicle could avoid, the smaller pickup would avoid as well. Still, they traveled at about half speed at best.

Dawn broke and the sun rose ahead of them an hour later, revealing the angry Snake River to the right, dark mountains to their left. It was time to decide to stop for breakfast or keep going. The rain started to slack off, so there was that, and it did leave a clean smell in the air.
The Marshall
 GM, 1211 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 3 Jun 2012
at 11:33
Re: The Destroyer
They took a short break for a cold meal, then back on the road as dawn broke. Gilles switched off to conserve power. Driving by low-light really took it out of him and he needed Ghost Rock to recharge.

A few hours after dawn travelling along I-84, they sighted the ruins of Twin Falls ahead. The city was across the Snake River on the wide soggy prairie, mountains rising on either side.

The Interstate here was littered with wrecks and they needed to slow down and drive carefully. It looked like the people of Twin Falls had been caught in the middle of evacuating the city when the bombs fell. Rigs were flipped and jackknifed across lanes of crushed traffic, cars were squashed beneath and between SUVs, then caught fire and exploded. A burned bus still held charred skeletons.

Rusted-open and split suitcases and luggage spilled rags onto the cracked and crumbling concrete. Tires crunched over smashed safety glass.

Marshall's Note: I need Drivin' rolls from both Roadkill and Peter. TN 5 for the technical, TN 7 for the rig. Both vehicles have a -1 penalty for poor handling.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 637 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 3 Jun 2012
at 14:09
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #147):

Rowan looks out over the wasteland.
The sight of mans stupidity depressing her.
She turns to Smoker and Jane, " Some where I read that it would take a thousand years to recover from world war 3"
Jane Guin
 player, 194 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 3 Jun 2012
at 14:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #148):

Jane, in her usual spot by baby, had been looking for anything that might spelled trouble when she heard Rowan speak.  "Yeah, I heard that somewhere but does anyone ever recover from a war. Part of me says I hope not.  Not to sound negative about it, or positive, but I sometimes think that if we can recover then they will just have another one later one.  Maybe if we don't recover or as fast they'd think harder about starting one to begin with.  Or perhaps we should just take those in charge and put them on the front line.  Think that might change their opinion?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 198 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 03:04
Re: The Destroyer
Peter was glad they weren't staying around for the girls to go flower picking and herb searching. Any place you were attacked at by a rogue automaton wanting men's genatalia (even if they were Roadkill's) was a place to be away from as soon as possible!!

He ate in the cab, door shut, not feeling safe after both the dream and the attack. He was relieved to be driving once more when they left. He wasn't excited about the terrain they were driving over, but beggars could rarely be choosers he had found. He kept his eyes out for danger...and salvage!
The Marshall
 GM, 1215 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 05:58
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #150):

As they neared the off-ramp and interchange that would lead south over the bridge over the Snake River and then towards the ruins of Twin Falls, they slowed as the abandoned and destroyed vehicles got thicker. Overhead on a partially-collapsed overpass, a wrecked semi balanced precariously. This was one of the "hover-tractors" that were becoming more common before the war. Luckily, it didn't topple over and remained there, precariously.

The vegetation, where not scorched or dead, seemed stunted, barely surviving or recovering.

It turned out their contact procedures were not needed. Across the river, they could see the city. At that time, the CB radios crackled.

"Romeo Kilo, this is Jaeger. I authenticate "Sour"."

These were the call signs they'd arranged with Schaeffer. "Jaeger" was Schaeffer, Romeo Kilo was Roadkill. The sign was "sour" and Roadkill would reply "kraut" to complete authentication. By each having a piece of the "puzzle", they knew who the other was.
Roadkill
 player, 495 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 10:51
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #150):

As they neared the off-ramp and interchange that would lead south over the bridge over the Snake River and then towards the ruins of Twin Falls, they slowed as the abandoned and destroyed vehicles got thicker. Overhead on a partially-collapsed overpass, a wrecked semi balanced precariously. This was one of the "hover-tractors" that were becoming more common before the war. Luckily, it didn't topple over and remained there, precariously.

The vegetation, where not scorched or dead, seemed stunted, barely surviving or recovering.

It turned out their contact procedures were not needed. Across the river, they could see the city. At that time, the CB radios crackled.

"Romeo Kilo, this is Jaeger. I authenticate "Sour"."

These were the call signs they'd arranged with Schaeffer. "Jaeger" was Schaeffer, Romeo Kilo was Roadkill. The sign was "sour" and Roadkill would reply "kraut" to complete authentication. By each having a piece of the "puzzle", they knew who the other was.


"Romeo Kilo I hear is great, what's going on, you old sour kraut you. What to do, what to do, I am all yours ja"
Smoker Nix
 player, 295 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 12:21
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker stirred and opened his eyes.

"How're we doin'?"
Jane Guin
 player, 195 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 13:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #153):

Jane looked down at Smoker.  "You're still alive and we haven't gotten into another fight.  Have had worse days."
Smoker Nix
 player, 296 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 14:40
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker's grin widened.

"Leg hurts like hell... other'n that, not too bad considerin'... need a piss, though. An' a drink, if there's any water goin'"

His mind ran back through what he could remember, which to be honest wasn't a lot. Taking every precaution to make a non-invasive investigation that shouldn't have disturbed... hey! Darn chip must've been hooked into whatever passed for lifesigns in the Tin Man. Hence the only way to avoid it was to stay clear... even more clear than he had. One lives and learns. Or stops living.
Jane Guin
 player, 196 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 15:00
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #155):

Jane gave a semi ladylike snort.  "You just keep needing to piss.  You gotta hold it because I don't want you to do it here.  We'll get some water for you soon probably. As long as Rowan and other medical type personal say it's ok."

She looked down from her surveillance and smiled at him even to show no hard feelings but she did mean every word.
Smoker Nix
 player, 297 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 15:06
Re: The Destroyer
"OK, Jane," Smoker returned the smile, and began to doze again.
Jane Guin
 player, 197 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 15:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #157):

Jane turned to look at Rowan and grinned.  "That's the most agreeable he has been in a long time.  I think I'll enjoy it while I can."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 639 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 17:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #158):

Rowan, chuckles lightly as she checks Smoker over

"Truth Jane, now all we have to do is switch Roadkills 'NICE' switch on"

Finding that Smoker is sleeping she sits back for a moment
"I am concerned though about what is going on, we seem to have become the focus for some thing, and I find my self woundering who and what and come to that why the strings are being pulled"

Jane Guin
 player, 198 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 18:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #159):

Jane nodded.  "Truth in that Rowan.  The main question is which side wants us more.  We've been hunted by evil and come across it, some might even say some have worked for it for a bit until they saw better, but there is good out there also fighting with us or for us.  Still not sure on that part.  So perhaps we shouldn't try to turn on RK's "nice" switch...today...that might be seen as miracle and I've think we've witnessed enough miracles during the last couple of days. Wouldn't want to use up our quota's of miracles all at once."

Jane grinned at Rowan.  "So...tell me more about herbs and stuff."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 640 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 19:35
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #160):

Rowan nods
"Well it is no secret I guess, though the preperation is kept within the craft"

"As to herbs, there are many herbs that mankind has used over the years some of them effective and some not, what I search for is a very specific set of ingredients."
"Frogs or amphibians green leaves clean water, a drop of my blood."
"Mixed and prepaired with the correct incantation they form a poltice".
"That will heal cuts bullet wounds claw strikes and so on.".

"What was done here is way beyond any thing I have ever been taught"

Jane Guin
 player, 199 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 20:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #161):

Jane nodded.  "I don't expect you to tell me your secret incantations or whatever it is you do.  I still would like to know about the herbs and things.  Your faith is what makes you...you.  I also know that you have a lot of knowledge without even using your faith.  I figure there is lots I can learn just by talking to you.  These past days have made me  realize that one never has enough time to live and learn.  I've started living again now it's time for me to start to learn again."

Jane had looked into the mirror where she could see Peter's eyes when she said "starting living again" and then looked down into Rowan's when she said time to start to learn.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 641 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 5 Jun 2012
at 21:06
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
Jane had looked into the mirror where she could see Peter's eyes when she said "starting living again" and then looked down into Rowan's when she said time to start to learn.


rowan nods.
"It is a matter of perspective is it not"
"Do you learn to live or live to learn"
Okay this comes from some where else, like any teacher when you figure it out tell me.

Rowan chuckles "an inteligent lady like you will have it guickly, me it took a little time"

quote:

No matter what they tell us
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach us
WHAT WE BELIEVE IS TRUE

No matter what they call us
However they attack
No matter where they take us
WE WILL FIND OUR OWN WAY BACK

I will not deny what I believe
I can not be what I am not
I know my love will last forever
THE CIRCLE TURNS RIGHT BACK

If we listen to the wind we will hear her say
No matter what they tell you
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach you
WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS TRUE

For I will give you self control shelter from the storm
Our life is ours forever.
WE WILL FIND OUR WAY BACK


Rowan looks out into the Morning light
"The question is this who or what is speaking"

Jane Guin
 player, 200 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 20:56
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #163):

Jane chuckled.  "I know I am doomed now.  Whenever anybody says "an intelligent lady like you" I know I'm doomed never to know the answer.  I like that quote.  It can mean different things to different people...especially in different times during their life.  Take what you just quoted.  I'm not sure what the answer is or if there is an answer.  For instance I am torn between two answers which really could be one answer.  My two answers would be love and faith.  Simplistic perhaps but still that is what came to mind this point in time."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 642 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 21:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #164):
rowan smiles
"Doomed, we are that, one life one death in this life time"
"But yes your answer is one I like."
"But not one I expected, That in itself is a lesson is it not?"
"In assumption of an answer."
"You see because we take responsibility for our own actions we are taught to question and examine what we learn".
"We do not believe in heaven and Hell as do Christians."
"But yes I believe in evil and the powers beyond the veil, in the outer darkness"
"The beings that were the cause for much of the trouble that caused the war are one example"

Jane Guin
 player, 201 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 21:51
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #164):
rowan smiles
"You see because we take responsibility for our own actions we are taught to question and examine what we learn".
"We do not believe in heaven and Hell as do Christians."
"But yes I believe in evil and the powers beyond the veil, in the outer darkness"
"The beings that were the cause for much of the trouble that caused the war are one example"


Jane tilted her head to one side she thought about what Rowan said.  "Heaven and Hell.  Such a complex question that has taken people centuries to determine the undeterminable.  I believe more in good and evil but is it because it is more tangible?  That is hard to say.  Few have looked upon absolute evil but banter the words around based off of actions every day people do...good and evil that is. Not that I am saying you are bantering the words about though.

Love and Faith.  Two of my favorite words.  Words that I almost forgot about having love and faith for yourself as well as others.
"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 643 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 22:14
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #166):

"Good words to live by Jane"
Out entry in to the circle is

In perfect love and perfect trust
"But in Answer to your question and statement"
"There is absolute evil."
"The reckoners are examples of that"

Jane Guin
 player, 202 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 6 Jun 2012
at 22:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #167):

"Aye.  No argument there."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 199 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 03:28
Re: The Destroyer
Peter concentrated on the road. Occasionally he glanced back at the truck's bed, at the 2 women....and the prone Smoke too he supposed. Once again, watching how much their were talking, he was both glad and sad that he wasn't back there. It did get lonely sometimes with no radio and no one to talk to while driving. But he soldiered on as always.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 64 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 03:55
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #169):

Ian paid attention to the road ahead.  He did not want to be ambushed.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 644 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 06:52
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #168):
Rowan takes a good look around, then adds

"But philisophical discusions apart what would you like to learn about."
"First aid and Paramedical skills I can certainly teach you more of if you would like to learn."

As she waits for Janes answer she takes a look at her patient
The Marshall
 GM, 1216 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 09:48
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
"Romeo Kilo I hear is great, what's going on, you old sour kraut you. What to do, what to do, I am all yours ja."


The ambush site was at the foot of the highway bridge, just across the river. This is where they expected to go. The Interstate stayed on the north side of the river, but all the bridges were down further east. So the only route was along heavily damaged roads south of the river, near the ruins of Twin Falls and through the Ghost Storm. This danger was why the route was so unpopular and travellers avoided this part of Idaho in general.

Schaeffer's voice crackled over the radio. There was a fair amount of static and interference, almost as if the voices from the Ghost Storm over the city across the river were trying to call them over the ether.

"Be advised. The ambush site is abandoned, we tracked them to "Skeleton Bluff". Keep proceeding east along I-84. I'll be waiting about two kilometres down the road. How copy?"

The rain had slacked off. The prairie was still brown and dead, but now it was muddy.
Smoker Nix
 player, 298 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 11:19
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker opened his eyes and shifted a bit to get comfortable.

"How we're doin'?" he asked.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 645 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 13:06
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #173):

Rowan smiles as Smoker wakes up
" You will live Smoker, She says softly.
"But you are not doing the 100 yards sprint today"
"I need some time to get some ingreedients to make a poltice to heal your leg"

Jane Guin
 player, 203 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 13:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #173):

Jane chuckled at Smoker's use of the word "we".  "We're doing fine.  You on the other hand have seen better days.  At least you're still on this side of the ground so your day isn't a total waste."
Smoker Nix
 player, 299 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 13:55
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker grinned.

"Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any variation, you've got a problem... but 'We' are a team, even if I'm a bit out of things right now."

He looked a bit worried.

"Am I gonna be left with a limp or anythin'?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 646 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 14:04
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #176):

Rowan considers, "no I do not think so long term".
"Short term stay off it and fight from this position suporting my self and jane"
She places a hand on Smokers shoulder her voice calming.

"I do not believe the above ones, who ever you recognise, gave of their powers to keep you alive only to criple you"
Rowan chuckles, "mind you I would not push their patience by trying to be ground zero in a large explosion any time soon."
Smoker Nix
 player, 300 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 15:12
Re: The Destroyer
"None too sure about 'gods' said Smoker. "Leastways, if they were any good at their job they'd not have left such a mess. But I shall try and avoid explosions anyhow... too darn noisy!"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 647 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 15:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #178):

Rowan looks out of the wreckage of a civilisation, "I am not sure I defined the beings as Gods Smoker."
"Above ones was the term I used, or ascended is another term for them."
"Shall we say beings beyond my understanding".
For whatever reason, they have not yet given up on the idea of restoring the balance of all, and in this time and place, move through you, the templar's and the rest of the group to bring about something they desire.
"Twice in the last few days I have seen events happen that are so very far beyond my understanding that I would count them as miracles".


Rowan sits there for a moment, considering her words

"Long ago in a film I heard the following quote."
"I have found it to be true to me"


I move in rhythm with the earth.
I am held steady
My true path never wavers for an instant
My purpose is clear before me as a wide road
Of no more importance to the universe than a leaf is to a tree
I am still
I share the life
I am one with it
I guide upon the wilderness
I take no advantage
I give no quarter
I defend my own
I am as strong as I need to be
Powerful or weak
I am become whatever I would chose to be
I give what I can no one owns me
I am sacred to my self; no one can touch myself
I am free
I am my only master


Rowans voice is calm soothing.
"What ever the reason Smoker, in the here and now your presance is still required"

Smoker Nix
 player, 301 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 16:21
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker frowned, trying to understand things he'd never really thought about before.

"Well, cannot argue with that. Leastways, I am still here... and aim on maintaining that, bein' a bit - heck, quite a lot - more cautious than I even was..."

He shook his head.

"But if there's any critters up there that can influence things down here, maybe they oughter put in a bit more effort and make it more pleasant for us who are here without the option..."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 648 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 16:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #180):

Rowan sighs
"I am not sure they can Smoker."
"Some thing stops them from acting directly them selves".
"I think they have to act through people willing to be pointed in the right direction".

Rowan rubs her face
"I wish my teacher was alive and still here, she could explain this far better than I do".
"But you are right it would be so much easier if they acted them selves"

Smoker Nix
 player, 302 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 16:37
Re: The Destroyer
"Guess I'll just have to bumble along as best I can... and rely on my friends, the ones right here... Any chance of a drink, I'm parched?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 649 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 16:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #182):

Rowan laughs "oh smoker don't you think I bumble along just like you and the rest."
"I am sorry i talk to much".
"Here".
Rowan suports him as she hands him a water canteen.
And makes sure he does not choke him self.
"here have a little to eat as well, but slowly okay"

Smoker Nix
 player, 303 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 16:51
Re: The Destroyer
"Thanks," said Smoker, availing himself of what was offered and, embarassing as it was, help in consuming it.

"You must have some tales to tell..." he said when he was done.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 650 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 17:01
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #184):

Rowan for a moment looks totaly lost and confused.
" Don't we all Smoker."
" If I understood all i think I have seen then I would truely be wise"


Rowan shakes her head and smiles ruefully
" And as sure as we three are in the back of this vehicle I am not that"

Jason Sinclair
 player, 59 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 17:20
Re: The Destroyer
Jason who has been out front a ways hears the radio call from the Colonel and starts keeping an eye out for him.
Smoker Nix
 player, 304 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 18:08
Re: The Destroyer
"By doubting we come to questioning, and by questioning we come to perceive the truth," said Smoker, looking surprised.

"Something I read once when I was a kid. Didn't make sense then... now I think I'm beginning to understand."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 651 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Jun 2012
at 18:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #187):
Rowan continues the matra

"From truth comes understanding"
"From understanding comes knowledge"
"And from Knowledge the correct path to take"
 Or at least so I was taught"

Roadkill
 player, 496 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 8 Jun 2012
at 05:43
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
Roadkill:
"Romeo Kilo I hear is great, what's going on, you old sour kraut you. What to do, what to do, I am all yours ja."


The ambush site was at the foot of the highway bridge, just across the river. This is where they expected to go. The Interstate stayed on the north side of the river, but all the bridges were down further east. So the only route was along heavily damaged roads south of the river, near the ruins of Twin Falls and through the Ghost Storm. This danger was why the route was so unpopular and travellers avoided this part of Idaho in general.

Schaeffer's voice crackled over the radio. There was a fair amount of static and interference, almost as if the voices from the Ghost Storm over the city across the river were trying to call them over the ether.

"Be advised. The ambush site is abandoned, we tracked them to "Skeleton Bluff". Keep proceeding east along I-84. I'll be waiting about two kilometres down the road. How copy?"

The rain had slacked off. The prairie was still brown and dead, but now it was muddy.



"10 four big Kraut. Romeo doing as advised. Over and out"

Roadkill follows the directions given
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 258 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 8 Jun 2012
at 10:33
Re: The Destroyer
The posse navigated around the wreckage that was choking the interchange.

After a few minutes travel south, they saw Schaeffer standing beside his WWII replica motorcycle with sidecar. He was waiting by the side of the road, waving at them. Schaeffer was dressed in his combat armour and helmet, M4 carbine slung across his back.

"I am glad to see you all again! Come here, we will talk. I believe we have tracked the Destroyer and his gang to Skeleton Bluff. We have been waiting for you to move in."
Roadkill
 player, 498 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 8 Jun 2012
at 14:06
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg #190):

roadkill pulls the convey over, driving past the colonial a bit, knowing that his beard will want to jump out and... who knows, lovers do crazy things. He doesn't and would rather not have to see, hence the passing so Peter can stop in front of the Colonial.

"OK Ian, I hate to say it but I will no longer be my fun easy going happy go lucky self until this is over. General RK is now here"
He opens his door and then stops and turns back
"I'm not really a general, that would be insane but you not what i mean right? It is life and death. We piss around then we die"

Roadkill, General RK, gets out of the truck with his sawn-off and smg holstered and Mossberg in hand. He turns his bullet holed cap around so it is backwards and a serious look comes over his face. He lights a smoke and looks around. Cloud cover all round with the odd burst of rain. The wet road smelt kind of good as it always does but the grey dim horizon was foreboding, then again, it made any sort of assault advantageous. Maybe they will never see it coming until it is too late but then maybe so might the posse.

RK walks over to where the Colonial is, hoping that Rowan has finished with her greeting.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 60 posts
Fri 8 Jun 2012
at 15:51
Re: The Destroyer
Jason dismounts the bike after pulling it off to the side. He checks his guns and ammo clips. Having holstered his Sig in a shoulder rig. He takes the P90c and walks over to The Colonel and says "Nice day to put a scourge of the Wastes today huh. Roadkill had a girlfriend stop over we had to kill her. Now he is sad. Isn't that right Roadkill!"
Roadkill
 player, 499 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 8 Jun 2012
at 17:19
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg #192):

Roadkill looks at Jason for about 5 seconds then nods.
"yeah"
He looks to the Colonial still keeping his very serious look about him
"Lets just say they can get very possessive"
He gives his junk a wee bit of a squeeze
"If we get routed here and have to fight our way back, then we have got all manner of freaks out there, i tell ya, the only one who seemed to care is Jason, The thing wanted my god damned junk"

Roadkill shakes his head

"Not Jason but whatever it was that we encounted"

He looks at the colonial and tilts his head to the side thinking

"A friend of yours?"

Suddenly he realises he lost his seriousness. Damn he thinks. How do those soldiers do it.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 65 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 8 Jun 2012
at 17:28
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg #190):

roadkill pulls the convey over, driving past the colonial a bit, knowing that his beard will want to jump out and... who knows, lovers do crazy things. He doesn't and would rather not have to see, hence the passing so Peter can stop in front of the Colonial.

"OK Ian, I hate to say it but I will no longer be my fun easy going happy go lucky self until this is over. General RK is now here"
He opens his door and then stops and turns back
"I'm not really a general, that would be insane but you not what i mean right? It is life and death. We piss around then we die"

Roadkill, General RK, gets out of the truck with his sawn-off and smg holstered and Mossberg in hand. He turns his bullet holed cap around so it is backwards and a serious look comes over his face. He lights a smoke and looks around. Cloud cover all round with the odd burst of rain. The wet road smelt kind of good as it always does but the grey dim horizon was foreboding, then again, it made any sort of assault advantageous. Maybe they will never see it coming until it is too late but then maybe so might the posse.

RK walks over to where the Colonial is, hoping that Rowan has finished with her greeting.



"No problem.  We all need to be on our A-game for this."

He hops out of cab when it stops.  He does a quick check of his M4, make sure that there is no issue with it.

He walks over to the Colonel and says "Good Morning, I hope that you night was less eventful."

"So have we gotten any recon of his location yet?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 200 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 04:55
Re: The Destroyer
Peter followed Roadkill but kept silent on the radio. No need to chatter on the air waves where anybody could hear. They'd be able to talk soon enough....once Rowan was done filling the colonel's mouth leastwise.

He pulled up near the parked German and stopped, turning off the engine. He stayed still for a moment. He wasn't happy about this suicidal mission still but he tried to put his doubts and anger out of his mind. They wouldn't help him on the job.

Finally, he climbed out of the truck but left the door open as he kept reaching in for things. He was wearing his Infantry Battlesuit with helmet on. He slid a machete into a sheath attached to his belt. He put the Redhawk in a home-made underarm holster, with the Snub nose under the other arm. He stowed the Tokarev into the belt in the small of his back. He pulled out the Auto-shotgun into his hand and finally shut the technical's door.

He turned to face the Colonel at last with a nod of greeting. "Good to see you alive, Colonel. Where are the others?"
Jane Guin
 player, 205 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 12:06
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg #195):

Jane stayed with Smoker while everybody went to greet the Col.  She nodded to him and knew that she would be debriefed when and if she needed it.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 654 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 12:44
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg #196):

Rowan smiles her thanks at Jane as she climbs out of the back of the technical.
" Thanks Jane" she adds, then wanders over to see her love.
Sliding through the back she tucks her self in by his side, "morning lover" she says softly.
Then stands to hear what he has to say
Smoker Nix
 player, 307 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 13:22
Re: The Destroyer
"Don't stay here on my account," said Smoker to Jane. "I'm feeling a lot better now, even if not up to a sprint or a wrasslin' match!"
Jane Guin
 player, 206 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 13:25
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #198):

Jane looked down at Smoker and smiled.  "You're suppose to say thank you.  Weren't you taught that?  They will tell me what I will need to know.  If not Peter than Rowan will.  If I am here than I am by Baby in case anything springs out at us.  This way I can help cover all our asses...even yours."  She then added.  "What?  You're tired of my company already?  Jeesh.  Patients.  No pleasing them."
Smoker Nix
 player, 308 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 14:20
Re: The Destroyer
Thank you, then..." said Smoker, with a grin. "Not used to all this lazing around, Jane."
Jane Guin
 player, 207 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 14:58
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #200):

Jane nodded.  "Yeah, I know.  It would bug me too.  Sometimes though we have to do it if we want to continue fighting...whatever evil is out there.  Been where you are not that long ago Smoker.  It...Thought it was my time but I guess it wasn't.  Take it easy for a little bit more.  You'll be up soon."

Jane handed her water canteen down to Smoker.  "Here.  Have some but take it in small sips.  I don't want to undo any good work that has been done to you.  Also don't want to clear up your puke....so if you puke you have to clean it up."  She tried to hide her smile when she said about puking but couldn't quite.
Smoker Nix
 player, 309 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 15:08
Re: The Destroyer
"Thank you," said Smoker, accepting the canteen and taking a drink. "Don't feel like puking, though. Ache all over and the leg hurts like hell.
Jane Guin
 player, 208 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 9 Jun 2012
at 18:13
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg #202):

Jane nodded.  "Yeah but at least you're alive to feel the pain.  Beats the alternative as they say.  You'll be up in no time at all."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 259 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 10 Jun 2012
at 10:12
Re: The Destroyer
Schaeffer seemed stiff and formal as usual, although he did unbend long enough to give Rowan a quick hug around the waist. Then he was all business.

After the description of the "tin man", he shook his head. "No, not a friend of mine! Sometimes Combine automatons will get corrupted programming. Believe they are human. Try to... graft skin onto their exoskeletons. Very dangerous, you were lucky."

He looked over his shoulder at Skeleton Butte, a few miles away. It was a low, sandy hill.

"We tracked most of Modeen's gang to a hill called "Skeleton Bluff". Then they split up. We believe some of the prisoners might be there. Or at least their remains. They are keeping watch, we decided not to move in until you arrived.

Schaeffer then let them in on what they'd done the previous day:

"Roadkill's friend Daphne led us to the ambush site. She couldn't tell us a lot about the attack, she was taking cover. I determined that there were something between fifty to a hundred motorcycles, plus several cars and trucks. One large construction vehicle, like a bulldozer. Weapons ranged from small arms to grenades, one rocket and either a Ma-Deuce or even a 20mm flak kannone.

"There were many bodies at the ambush site, including one Syker prisoner. Modeen apparently had one prisoner, a Syker, put to death. Bald head, wore a BDU jacket with "Fightin' 43rd" on it. Perhaps Modeen did not want the headache of such a powerful prisoner?

"As far as I can tell, all the larger vehicles split off proceeded south from here, through the city. The motorcyclists came this way, we tracked them to Skeleton Bluff. Most of the bikers left the bluff, perhaps some remain."

"There is a problem... Skeleton Bluff is a hill, good lines of sight. It will be impossible to approach in the rig and remain unseen. We can all travel in the technical and on the bikes to the rear, then approach on foot."

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:28, Mon 11 June 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 500 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 11 Jun 2012
at 16:03
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg #204):

Roadkill listens and takes it all in

"I reckon my good man that we use all we have" he stops and puts his hand up to the colonial "We got bikes and Petes beast so all we need to do is keep Gillies powered up and hooked up to radio as a back up escape and retreat option. We break in, call in the rig and break out. Bang, and we are gone, with all we need"

Roadkill laughs a bit

"We have got to use every bit of explosives we have and go for broke"
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 66 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Mon 11 Jun 2012
at 16:06
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #205):

Ian listens in and says "That does not sound that bad of a plan."
Roadkill
 player, 501 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 11 Jun 2012
at 16:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg #206):

Roadkill smiles

"You mean the explosives right, I know you hate these bastards and would love to level the area"

Roadkill thinks... "What would an explosive mixture of ghost juice do... as a parting gift"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 655 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 11 Jun 2012
at 17:28
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #207):

Rowan "well if it helps I have 3 Spook juice coctails ready to go"
Gilles the Driver Bot
 NPC, 9 posts
 AI Autopilot
 Junker Built
Mon 11 Jun 2012
at 21:08
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #205):

The driver bot understood what was requested, and was confident it could wait, and then navigate where needed when called.

It's voice crackled out of the CB radio speaker. "D'accord, let me know."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:09, Mon 11 June 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1221 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 11 Jun 2012
at 21:49
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Gilles the Driver Bot (msg #209):

Hiding the rig behind a partially-collapsed building, the rest of the group set out on the bikes and the technical.

There was a slow and steady rain. While this made travel miserable it would help to cover the sound of the engines, up to a point.

It took about a half-hour, but they carefully worked their way around to the north side of Skeleton Bluff. Schaeffer, Trejo and Daphne already scouted out the route so it was certain there were no sentries along the way.

Finally, they reached the foot of Skeleton Bluff. There, they met Trejo and Daphne. Schaeffer suggested that Jane and Peter stay there in the technical, everyone else walk the last half mile up. If they needed heavy fire support, the the truck-mounted Ma-Deuce could be in play within a minute or two.

They made it up to the top of Skeleton Bluff without seeing anyone. When they arrived, they saw the driveway passed through a double line of trees, pre-war landscaping in front of a large house of some kind. Before Judgement Day the grass and trees would be kept alive by water pumped up from a well or piped up from the prairie below. Now the grass was dead.

But the trees, the trees were still somehow alive.

Whatever was keeping the trees alive probably had something to do with the dozens of corpses that were hanged from them. Some ooked like they'd been there for weeks or months. Rags and bones were piled beneath the trees. Others bodies were fresher. Some of the heavier corpses had necks stretched by the weight of their own bodies. The lighter ones swung in the breeze.

There were none of the expected scavengers around, grown fat and bold feeding on the corpses left in the Final War. None except for hundreds of black crows sitting on the branches. The driveway between the trees was littered with dead branches, and dozens of dead crows.

The posse swept the house and surrounding area. There were no bikers here, no Destroyer. Peter and Jane were brought up, and Gilles started driving up on his own. Marshalls' Note: Everyone's together now, or soon will be.

Fearful of what she might find but desperate to find answers, Daphne ran from tree to tree, crunching over bones and dead branches as rain dripped overhead. She didn't find her Aunt, but she found one of the caravan guards. There were no other bodies from the caravan (so the rest of the corpses were prisoners brought from elsewhere to be hanged there). This left 11 hostages still in the Destroyer's hand.

Looking up at one of the hanged, Daphne said, "I'm sure it's Barb! One of the guards! She's a Doomsayer, even if she's not wearing her purple robe! Huh, maybe she figured Modeen would take her out if he knew she had powers. Guess it didn't help..."

Suddenly, Barb's body began jerking around on the end of her rope, gasping and struggling. She'd somehow managed to get the toes of one foot on the stub of a branch. It was just sufficient to keep her airway clear enough to breathe but her foot slipped off the rain-slicked bark. Now with the noose tightening, she was finally going into her long-delayed death throes.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 202 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 12 Jun 2012
at 02:22
Re: The Destroyer
Peter's face soured slightly at the thought of packing so many into the technical but it wasn't really a concern. "Now, hold up. Roadkill's gonna have to ride on a bike. Do you know how long it takes to get the stink of roadkill out once it sets in?" But then he grinned and laughed. He even let Roadkill ride up front in the cab.


He didn't like waiting while the other went up. It maybe have been "tactical" but he didn't like splitting up this close to potential fireworks. Soon enough they were brought up, however, and he dearly wished he'd stayed down at the foot of the hill. He kept his face mostly blank, but there were several times when he almost wretched, several times when his lip curled up in disgust and sympathy.

"We burying them?"
Roadkill
 player, 502 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 12 Jun 2012
at 02:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg #210):

Hearing the sounds, Roadkill thinks it must be something undead but being that it was breathing then it must be alive. Roadkill runs to the hanging body and grabs their feet, pushing them up. Roadkill realises that it could be a trap but then again, life is just a series of traps and one must find ways out of them as they come.

"Grab my Machete and cut the rope!" He calls out to no one in general
Rowan Dawson
 player, 656 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 12 Jun 2012
at 04:51
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #212):

Rowan Reaches grabs the machet and cuts the rope quickly
Wanting to save the womens life if it was posible
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 67 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Tue 12 Jun 2012
at 05:53
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg #213):

Ian runs over to help as well.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 61 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2012
at 12:53
Re: The Destroyer
"Shit I don't like this looks to much like a cult we took down in Pheonix. Bastards only had one tree they were doing this with. Don't get close. Colonel do you have a silenced pistol? If so shoot her down. If not then we try the blade." Jason asked before anyone could get near to the trees.
Roadkill
 player, 504 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 12:05
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Shit I don't like this looks to much like a cult we took down in Pheonix. Bastards only had one tree they were doing this with. Don't get close. Colonel do you have a silenced pistol? If so shoot her down. If not then we try the blade." Jason asked before anyone could get near to the trees.


Hearing what Jason says while Roadkill is heading to the woman to help her he calls back

"Life is a shitter but if it was me i would want someone to help without worrying"

Roadkill grabs her feet pushing up and trying to balance her. He squints, as if that will save him from an explosion or something along those lines as Rowan and Ian jump into help.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 68 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 17:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg #216):

Ian helps Rowan up so she can cut the rope while Roadkill keeps the woman steady.  After the rope is cut he assists Rowan and Roadkill in getting her down.  Ian has had some training on procedure on what to do with people hanging themselves and will bring up any helpful advice that he remembers.

(OOC) Ian has a knife on him if the machete is not on hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:08, Wed 13 June 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 311 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 17:15
Re: The Destroyer
"Is there anything I can do?" asked Smoker. He tried to get up but his leg was hurting enough he decided to wait for someone to say they needed him before trying to stand on it.
The Marshall
 GM, 1226 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 08:02
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 218):

The incognito Doomsayer was quickly cut down.

She was hysterical at first. Trejo tried to Lay Hands upon her... and nothing happened. He frowned. "Madre Dios! It should have worked. Must be something about this accursed orchard..."

Finally, with Rowan's mundane 1st Aid skill and paramedic's bag, Barb was in enough shape to talk. At least rasp out...

“I threw a few Nukes at the bastards
when they attacked, but I ran out of juice.
When they captured us, they saw my
friend Jimbo was a syker. I just happened
to be wearing my “civvies” and I decided
to keep my mouth shut about being a
Doomsayer. Thankfully, the rest of the
caravan played along.

“The raiders took us all to a field
somewhere north of here. They had us
fenced in the open in an old cow
pasture. It was cold. Freezing. The gang
camped out all around us, roasting Godknows-
what on spits on their warm
fires, taunting us with the heat and smell
of food.

“Modeen, as you know, calls himself the
Destroyer. His posse, well, they're
called the Destroyers. His gang, too.
Real original, huh?

“Then there came the sound of fighting.
We looked and saw a Templar cutting his
way through several bikers. Several of us
rushed to help, but the rest of the gangers
already had their guns on us. I would have
blasted them, but I was still short on juice.

“The Templar got to the Destroyer’s tent
before he was surrounded by the 13 black
riders. He said he was Aaron McConnell.
He had been tracking the Destroyers for
months and had come for vengeance. He
challenged the Destroyer to fight him alone.

“The Destroyer came out of his tent and
said, ‘You’re the best Simon could do?
Come on then, Aaron.’ Just like he knew
him. Then he walked out into the pasture
and took off his helmet. The Templar said
something then, but I couldn’t make it out.

“Then the two of them went at it. The
Destroyer had that huge ax and Aaron had
a thin but fast sword. We all cheered for
him, and it looked like he got the better of
it for a while. Then the Destroyer laughed
and dropped his ax. Aaron moved in like
lightning and put his sword straight
through the bastard’s heart.

“The Destroyer staggered backward and
grabbed the hilt. Then he pulled it free and
laughed again, like the villain in some old
movie. Aaron stood stunned as the
Destroyer snapped his sword over his
knee and threw the lower half at the
Templar. It caught him in the gut and
Aaron fell to his knees.

“The Destroyer said one of us would
hang for this. I volunteered, both because I
had agreed to protect the caravan, and
because I thought my powers might come
back in time to give us a chance.
“They brought Aaron and me here.

They hung him first, in that big tree on
the hill. The Destroyer did it himself. He
told him something just before he let him
drop, but I couldn’t make it out. Then they
all walked down the hill and brought me
out into the orchard.

“I had enough juice for one last blast,
but after seeing what they did with the
Templar, I got another plan. It was
obvious they didn’t stick around to see
what happened, so I decided to just let
them hang me and hope they rode away.
Then I’d use my healing powers to save
myself, and maybe the Templar too. Then
we could make it to Boise and get a
whole freakin’ army of Templars!

“The Destroyers did just what I hoped.
They hung me, mounted up, and rode off
before I stopped kicking. I managed to
balance myself on a branch and tried to
use my powers, but nothing happened. My
hands were bound so I couldn’t even blast
myself free. Just a few minutes ago, my
branch finally broke and I started to
strangle. I reckon I’d be dead now if you
hadn’t come along.

“I don’t think there’s much hope for the
Templar now, but we should check. He’s
on that big tree at the head of the orchard..."


Sure enough, there was a particularly large, gnarled oak tree at the end of the row of trees lining the driveway to the abandoned mansion. They couldn't see a body hanging there, but somehow, they knew, one was hanging there all the same.



This message was last edited by the GM at 15:54, Thu 14 June 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 505 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 10:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 219):

Roadkill looks and then looks back.

"We are too late, she has lost it."
Barb of Doom
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 15:56
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 220):

"Too late for what? Lost what? Start talking sense."

Barb coughed and took a drink of water.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 657 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 18:19
Re: The Destroyer
Barb of Doom:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 220):

"Too late for what? Lost what? Start talking sense."

Barb coughed and took a drink of water.

Rowan Carries on treating Barb, then looks up at Road Kill.
"Only in the silence understanding."
"Only in the darkness the true light."
"Consider your words road Kill and realise how little sense they make out here with what we have seen."
"The lady here is neither mad nor disturbed beyond any of us"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 260 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 22:13
Re: The Destroyer
"Who knows if the Destroyer is finished with this place? I shall keep a watch."

Shouldering his rifle, Schaeffer started towards the northeastern edge of the butte, to keep watch.
Trejo
 NPC, 77 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Thu 14 Jun 2012
at 22:17
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 223):

Nodding at Schaeffer, Trejo grimaced. He was not in a good mood.

"Sinclair, deal with Aaron. I'll go keep a watch from the southwestern corner of the butte. If the Destroyer comes, we need to see him first."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 64 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 00:24
Re: The Destroyer
"Trejo I think she means Aaron McConell he left a few months ago to find Modeen. God only knows what he saw that made him do that." Jason starts jogging quickly up to the tree. Hoping he is wrong. As he got closer he saw the body of the Templar. He yells "Shit! I was right it's that Aaron. We got to get him down and now I only hope that he lives. Hold Aaron just hold on." Running towards the tree he drops the P90c to it's hanging strap and draws his knife to cut Aaron down.
Trejo
 NPC, 78 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 02:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 225):

Trejos stopped, glanced at Sinclair.

"McConnel, huh? Damn. See if he's alive. I can't Lay Hands upon him either way. Perhaps nothing magical will."

He resumed his saunter towards the edge of the butte.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 206 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 04:50
Re: The Destroyer
Peter wasn't as fast to act as some of the others in the Posse. They leapt to cut the woman down. That she was still alive after being hung was a miracle...maybe. He listened to what she had to say though, and even despite his healthy skepticism, he found that the story seemed to ring true.

He frowned and then suddenly people were leaping into action again. They were going to try and save a Templar who had stupidly walked into an entire enemy camp by himself. He followed after Jason and peered up at the tree. "So where is he then? You see him?"
The Marshall
 GM, 1230 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 08:04
Re: The Destroyer
Jason and Peter reached the huge tree first, followed by Daphne and the other posse members. Barb limped along as best she could.



They reached the massive, gnarled oak tree. The three hanging bodies came into view, gently swaying. Jason recognised Aaron McConnel's body. GM Note: he has a rep so

"My God..." whispered Daphne. "Barb said Aaron's sword wouldn't work. Guess we'll never know why, now."

Barb hobbled up. "Not so fast. If someone can get me some Ghost Rock, just an ounce worth, I can recharge. The Power of the Atom gives me the deathspeak miracle. It allows me to speak with the recently dead. Maybe Aaron knows why his sword didn't work. Does anyone have any to spare?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 658 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 09:49
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 228):

Rowan
Spare!
"That depends on what you want me to be able to do later."
"Mind you if we can not find out how to kill this man then later becomes a mote point."

Rowan gets an ounce out of the pack and hands it over, "there you go, mind you I would rather raise him than just talk to him"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 66 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 12:12
Re: The Destroyer
"No. No raising that would just make things worse possibly. If you were an Indian shaman of eagle or buffalo or something maybe. But Aaron McConnel suffered enough in this life. He was among the greatest of us. His sword probably didn't work because..." Jason trails off afraid to speak the words that he knew to be true. Knowing that to say it somehow would make it true.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 659 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 15 Jun 2012
at 15:01
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 230):

Rowan
"I think you misunderstand My intent and my wish".
2I reffer to medical methods not raising as in bring back to life. ie the use of a difribulator to restart the heart, and CPR methods.2
"As to why the other could not be killed, I suppose he isa zombie"

Barb of Doom
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 01:26
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 228):

Rowan
Spare!
"That depends on what you want me to be able to do later."
"Mind you if we can not find out how to kill this man then later becomes a mote point."


Rowan gets an ounce out of the pack and hands it over, "there you go, mind you I would rather raise him than just talk to him"


"Thank you." She coughed again, her throat not yet healed from its recent abuse.

She took the chunk of Ghost Rock, then knelt by Aaron in prayer.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:44, Sat 16 June 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1231 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 01:43
Re: The Destroyer
Barb knelt by the body in prayer, the lump of silvery-grey material suddenly blazed green, and they could hear a faint wailing that's given off whenever ghost rock burns.

Daphne, looking exhausted, moved closer to Roadkill. Seeking some human comfort, from the only person she knew there, perhaps a reminder of earlier, happier times.

"Who summons me from the light?" says the wailing ghost rock.

"Friends,"
says Barb. "Friends who want to avenge your death. What can you tell us of the one who slew you?"

"He is Modeen, the Destroyer.

"He has given himself to the powers of Hell in return for incredible power. He is what the Librarians call a 'servitor,' and can only be killed by the sword of the first anti-Templar. This he told me as he hung me from this accursed tree. He believed this knowledge would be kept secret for he knew I was doomed, but I can now reveal his Achilles Heel to you. Use this wisely.

"Those among you can end this blasphemy’s life with this knowledge. You must hurry, though, for Modeen has set events in motion that even he does not understand.

"That is all I know. Let me rest in peace now."

Jason Sinclair
 player, 67 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 02:22
Re: The Destroyer
  "Thank you Aaron I will see to it that Modeen hurts no one else if I can. Rest in peace friend. Trejo I gotta go back to Boise and quick. Simon must be warned and we need that sword." Jason gets up and starts to walk towards his borrowed bike. "I'm glad that I was wrong about you Aaron. You kept the faith until the end. May the Saints protect you. You guys follow as fast as you feel safe doing. 5 hours could make or break this battle. I told you it would come down to a duel. That is how this has to end. Please give Aaron a decent burial. " Unless someone stops him he goes to his borrowed bike and starts it.
Trejo
 NPC, 79 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 04:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 234):

Trejo had come over. His expression betrayed nothing about Aaron and the other dead Templars. Or what Aaron had said.

"Hang on, Jason. Let's make a plan, here."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 68 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 08:12
Re: The Destroyer
  "Plan! Trejo you do realize that in a days time max Boise is gone wiped out. I have worked to hard to give up at the goal line. You and I both know that I am waiting on your final report to Simon. I had nothing once the Rangers all died on me." Jason takes a breath "I won't go through that again. Those people are my friends and the closest thing I have to family. So let see the plan is get to Boise ASAP. Get the sword. And then kill Modeen.
Trejo
 NPC, 80 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 08:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 236):

Trejo's face darkened and his eyes narrowed, but he understood where Jason was coming from.

"I want you to know what everyone else's plan is.

"If you rush off alone you're going to wind up just as dead as McConnell and his buddies. Too many Templars think with their swords and their balls."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:13, Sat 16 June 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 507 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 08:54
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 237):

All this crazy shit of ghosts and magic swords is not his area but

"Run him over with the truck should do it without the need for a sword"

Roadkill shrugs. "I don't know"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 660 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 10:02
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 237):

Rowan nods in agreement
" That with all hounor due to them and my friend is so very true"
"So much good they could do, and so many die for no reason"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 208 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 04:16
Re: The Destroyer
Peter grimaced at the thought of someone speaking with the soul of a dead person. It wasn't right. When Jason mentioned the Old Ways Indians, without realized he let out a growl and then spat on the ground. He stepped back away from the others, eyes narrowed. He listened to what was said, but that didn't mean he had to like it.

"What in the hell is the first Anti-Templar Sword and how do we get it?"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 69 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 08:10
Re: The Destroyer
"Julia Aiken was the first anti-Templar. As to where her sword is it is in the Temple in Boise. Simon snapped it and said that no Templar is to ever use it again. Isn't that right Trejo. So unless one of you happens to be able to swing a sword better that me that leaves me to get in and take Modeen down. I figure I could get to Boise and back in the time it would take you to get there."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 261 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 09:34
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 241):

"Normally, I would suggest we ambush Modeen. Take out as many of his gang as possible, then I put a bullet through his head.

"That will not work because it will take time to fetch this item. Although, as Roadkill mentioned I would imagine that, even if not dead, he might find it hard to walk and swing his axe with broken limbs!

"I therefore suggest A couple bikes return to Boise. I will keep watch on this area. The rest of the posse leave, and find some place to hide around here. When the blade has therefore returned, we can put into motion some plan involving getting it close enough to Modeen to use. Perhaps some kind of ruse involving a disguise, or brute force using the rig and technical."


Schaeffer began putting on his ghille suit.

"I will not need my bike, it may be borrowed."
Trejo
 NPC, 81 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 09:38
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Julia Aiken was the first anti-Templar. As to where her sword is it is in the Temple in Boise. Simon snapped it and said that no Templar is to ever use it again. Isn't that right Trejo. So unless one of you happens to be able to swing a sword better that me that leaves me to get in and take Modeen down. I figure I could get to Boise and back in the time it would take you to get there."


Trejo nodded.

"Yes, that is right. Although swords are communal in nature, no one was to use Aiken's sword. This will be different, and fitting."

"I will stay her with the Colonel. The trip there and back to Boise will be difficult. I would suggest you hide the rig and the technical while the rest of you take the bikes."

Smoker Nix
 player, 312 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 11:16
Re: The Destroyer
"Guess I'd better stay and take care of the vehicles, then," said Smoker.
Trejo
 NPC, 82 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 11:24
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
"Guess I'd better stay and take care of the vehicles, then," said Smoker.


"I appreciate the help, but it probably won't matter if there's one or two of us (or more) guarding them if twenty Destroyers attack.

"Better just to hide them, I can keep a watch while the Colonel keeps the orchard under surveillance."

Rowan Dawson
 player, 661 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 18:10
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo:
Smoker Nix:
"Guess I'd better stay and take care of the vehicles, then," said Smoker.


"I appreciate the help, but it probably won't matter if there's one or two of us (or more) guarding them if twenty Destroyers attack.

"Better just to hide them, I can keep a watch while the Colonel keeps the orchard under surveillance."


Rowan "I am staying here, you need to do this fast and quickly and I am not that good a rider"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 71 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 19:58
Re: The Destroyer
"Unless I counted wrong or something Colonel only three can make the trip in that amount of time. One on "my" bike and two on your bike."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 662 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 20:32
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 247):

Rowan "Then chosse your people and get moving"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 262 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 20:41
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 247):

"I do see what you mean. For speed's sake it's best to have one rider per bike (2 with the sidecar). We actually have three bikes (Trejo's, your's, Daphne's) total, a hoverbike (Rowan) and my sidecar.

"They will transport eleven riders total, six with no extra riders (one rider per bike, two in the sidecar).

"That said, myself, Trejo, Smoker and Rowan volunteer to stay. You are going. That leaves Roadkill, Peter, Jane and Sergeant Sullivan."

Rowan Dawson
 player, 663 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 21:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 249):

"Let me get my gear off the bike and tell Trickster he needs to find a new sleeping area".
Peter Firecrow
 player, 209 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 02:29
Re: The Destroyer
Peter shook his head. This was turning it a bigger thing all every moment. A possible undead or something else enemy who needed a specific BROKEN sword to be killed? He restrained a sigh.

"All the same, I'd prefer not to leave my truck. I am all for some going to get the sword, but I don't know how to drive a motorcycle and it will be faster if none are riding double, correct? Too bad we can't just send a message and ask them to meet us halfway or send it here."

He wasn't trying to be obstinate, he was just making sure he was seeing things correctly. "Smoker, you could ride in the side car, if you want to go, that is. Nothing is wrong with your shooting arm."

He smiled and then turned to Jane. "Do you know how to operate a motorcycle? I would feel better if you were along with them. Having a good gun arm with Trejo and The Colonel opting out of this run would be good."
Roadkill
 player, 508 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 05:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 251):

Roadkill smiles
"Fact is I, like everything else, am a great rider. Give me a bike and I will head back too but no way will I be a mere passenger. We take all bikes with no passengers except one spotter in the side car, so then, lets go."

Roadkill heads towards the colonials bike.

"I'm used to have someone drive shotgun. You good with me taking your bike sir?"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 263 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 05:40
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 252):

Smiling at Roadkill, Schaeffer handed off the keys to his sideacar.

"Please fill with petrol. The sidecar has a post mount for a machinegun, but not the Ma-Deuce. Hellfire SAW?"
Trejo
 NPC, 83 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 05:56
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
"All the same, I'd prefer not to leave my truck. I am all for some going to get the sword, but I don't know how to drive a motorcycle and it will be faster if none are riding double, correct? Too bad we can't just send a message and ask them to meet us halfway or send it here."

He wasn't trying to be obstinate, he was just making sure he was seeing things correctly. "Smoker, you could ride in the side car, if you want to go, that is. Nothing is wrong with your shooting arm."

He smiled and then turned to Jane. "Do you know how to operate a motorcycle? I would feel better if you were along with them. Having a good gun arm with Trejo and The Colonel opting out of this run would be good."


"You have it correct, amigo. Makes sense you don't want to leave your truck. We have no radios that can reach, even if we did I didn't see anyone back in Boise that could make a delivery."
Roadkill
 player, 510 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 06:03
Re: The Destroyer
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 252):

Smiling at Roadkill, Schaeffer handed off the keys to his sideacar.

"Please fill with petrol. The sidecar has a post mount for a machinegun, but not the Ma-Deuce. Hellfire SAW?"


Roadkill takes the keys. A smile comes over his face. Almost feels as if he just got the keys from his dad to take the car out for a spin.

"hmmm. I almost feel under dressed to drive this. Right big gun and someone in the sidecar, lets go people."

Roadkill actually does a swift turn around and gets some gear more suitable for riding a bike. He also grabs his guns, machete and some Molotovs to put in the sidecar.
Gilles the Driver Bot
 NPC, 10 posts
 AI Autopilot
 Junker Built
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 06:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 255):

Gilles' voice crackled from the cab of the rig.

"I will do as m'sieur Firecrow instructs!"
Roadkill
 player, 511 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 07:04
Re: The Destroyer
Gilles the Driver Bot:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 255):

Gilles' voice crackled from the cab of the rig.

"I will do as m'sieur Firecrow instructs!"


"Pete and Smoker will take good care of you Gilles, just don't accept any, suicide missions"
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 69 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 23:13
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 257):

Ian says "I am not that bad of a bike rider but it looks you might need me riding shotgun for somebody."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 73 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 23:17
Re: The Destroyer
"Shotgun I think is Jane's spot. If she declines do you have a SMG or MG that you can use. If not you can use my P90c. It fires 3 round bursts. Just hope you are a better shot than me."
Jane Guin
 player, 210 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 00:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 257):

Jane had been quiet listening to everybody for she didn't want to leave baby or Peter.  Still if they were to have a chance and to carry on then she had to do what she was ordered to do.

"I've...driven a bike before.  I can either drive or shoot."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:12, Wed 20 June 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 512 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 03:41
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 260):

Raodkill in the middle of getting his gear on.

"Yeah that sounds like a good thing. Jane has her gun and can hook it up to the side car. What is that then. 3 bikes and 4 people or we going with 4 bikes and 5 people?"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 74 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 10:25
Re: The Destroyer
  "Myself, you, Ian, and Jane are going. Jane is in the sidecar unless she would rather drive. If she drives someone needs to get an autofire or burst fire weapon. So I think that is 3 bikes and 4 people."
Jane Guin
 player, 211 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 12:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 262):

Jane nodded.  "Unless you guys are better at firing my weapon then me, it would make sense for me to man the gun.  Of course if you kill me with your driving I"ll come back to haunt you and you have Peter to face afterwards."  Jane smiled although her eyes didn't quite match up.  Was she kidding?  Maybe.

Jame went over to Peter who had been quiet and pulled him off to the side a bit.  "It doesn't seem right to be going without you but I know you'll take care of our stuff.  I'll see you when I get back."  Jane grinned and licked her lips as she stared into Peters eyes as if memorizing them.  She then suddenly pulled him closer and gave Peter a brief but very thorough kiss.  "That's to tide us over until my return.  If something happens I now have something good to think on."

With a grin Jane went to get her gun and start to mount it on the side car.  Her smile stayed on her face throughout the whole time.
Roadkill
 player, 513 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 12:39
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  "Myself, you, Ian, and Jane are going. Jane is in the sidecar unless she would rather drive. If she drives someone needs to get an autofire or burst fire weapon. So I think that is 3 bikes and 4 people."


"Ha ha. Works for me. Lets get this show on the road."

Roadkill starts up the bike.

"Come on. No time to lose"
Smoker Nix
 player, 315 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 15:45
Re: The Destroyer
"Ride safe, guys," said Smoker.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 70 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 16:31
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Shotgun I think is Jane's spot. If she declines do you have a SMG or MG that you can use. If not you can use my P90c. It fires 3 round bursts. Just hope you are a better shot than me."


I have my M4 here, it is not bad at taking down bad guys.  I am a half-decent shot.
Jane Guin
 player, 212 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 16:38
Re: The Destroyer
Jane finished getting the gun mounted and made sure she had everything with her.  She gave Peter one last look of a half smile and a wink and then settled into the side car.  "Jeesh!  This thing is low to the ground!"  She had another reason to respect Rowan for riding in it as she knew that she'd feel every bump along the way.


ooc:  Do we have healing on this part of the trip?

Roadkill
 player, 514 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 16:56
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
"Ride safe, guys," said Smoker.


"Take the drivers seat of the rig if need to buddy"
Smoker Nix
 player, 316 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 17:07
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker gasped. That was quite an honour!
Peter Firecrow
 player, 210 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 03:47
Re: The Destroyer
Peter smirked at Jane's assertions, daring one of the men to try to say they were a better shot than she was. He chuckled when she mentioned they'd have to face him if she got killed, but only for a moment. Then he sobered when the thought that she might die while off on a run back to the Temple of Lunatic Swordsmen.

He sighed and looked up at her, allowing himself to be pulled off to the side. He not accepted the kiss but gave as good as he got. "You had better be careful and come back safe and sound or there will be hell to pay."

He gave a nod at that. And he meant it literally.

He watched them leave, his eyes glued to the back of her head.

"I wish I didn't have a bad feeling." He turned to slowly walk back to the technical.
The Marshall
 GM, 1238 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 10:19
Re: The Destroyer
The rain decided to hold off for a while.

Due to speed concerns, the Posse split up again. One element heading back to Boise at the best possible speed, while the other stayed behind and hid the vehicles.

Jason, Roadkill with Jane (in Schaeffer's sidecar), plus Sullivan (on Rowan's hoverbike) set off for Boise. Marshall's Note: I'll need 2 Fair Riding rolls (TN 5) for each vehicle. Jason's sportbike and the hoverbike are + 3 for handling, the sidecar is + 2.

Schaeffer helped hide the vehicles in the ruins of Eden, just to the north of Skeleton Butte. There, they would be able to meet up with the riders while keeping an eye on the rear approach to Skeleton Butte. Trejo, Rowan, Smoker and Peter would hang around Jerome, while Schaeffer put the top of Skeleton Butte itself under surveillance. His radio was just strong enough to reach Eden and keep the others updated (that is, if the notoriously bad radio reception after the war could be relied upon).

The rig and the technical were well-hidden inside a cluster of burned out buildings on the north side of town, debris was used to break up their silhouettes. After camouflaging the rig, Schaeffer, dressed in his Ghillie suit, disappeared into the dead fields and twisted trees, heading towards Skeleton Butte.

"I am in position," he reported via radio in around an hour.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 665 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 11:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 271):

Rowan smiles at Sulivan her manour clearly warning him, "you take care of mybike Sullivan".
"I have paid good money out to restore it to it present standard"
Smoker Nix
 player, 317 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 11:45
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
The rig and the technical were well-hidden inside a cluster of burned out buildings on the north side of town, debris was used to break up their silhouettes. After camouflaging the rig, Schaeffer, dressed in his Ghillie suit, disappeared into the dead fields and twisted trees, heading towards Skeleton Butte.

"I am in position," he reported via radio in around an hour.


"Copy that," responds Smoker, settling down to wait.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 666 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 11:57
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan gives Schaeffer a hug and a kiss "go with the goddess love, may she watch over you out there"

Rowans Fingers sketch in blessing, and watches her love disappear into the darkness

Then gathers Trickster up and any one else that can be spared to carefully search for ingredients to make poultices up

Rowan wants to make a fair few up she has the feeling they are going to be needed

This message was last edited by the player at 11:22, Sat 23 June 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 76 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 12:39
Re: The Destroyer
 Jason guns the throttle as much as he dares and tears off towards Boise. Hoping the whole time that they aren't running massively behind Modeen. Knowing that when he gets to Boisehe is in for an arguement with someone hopefully not Simon. Hoping that reason will prevail. Knowing that he can't let fear paralyze the mission. None of the other seem to understand, but the job will get done of that Jason is sure. For now the simple process of riding and not wrecking.

best on Drivin roll was 11!,

This message was last edited by the player at 12:49, Thu 21 June 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 518 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 14:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 275):

Riding the Colonials bike was a great moment in time for Roadkill. A time to forget about the fact that they are heading back whence they just came, to get a broken sword of some ones aunt or something, honestly he only half listens when Templars and religious matters come up. Beyond him in so many ways but he thinks he can't be great with everything.

The chance to nip around crap on the road instead of just riding over it, was a treat, for the dashingly handsome young truck driver. Sure, he was no body builder but modern life means that if he was the stereo typical trucker slob of old he would have died years ago and besides, there is no way he is going to wear small shorts.

"Feel it Jane! The wind and rain, the road at our feet! Well your arse seems you're sitting down there!"

Roadkill loves to drive and even though he occasionally does something a bit crazy to annoy Jane on the journey, the way he rode, even an insomniac might fall asleep it was that smooth.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:34, Thu 21 June 2012.

Jane Guin
 player, 216 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 21 Jun 2012
at 14:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 276):

Jane looks over at Roadkill and decides no, she won't kill him today.  It would be a shame, although tempting after that last zig around a miniscule pebble, to curtail his enthusiasm.  "Yeah...yeah.  funny...it's my on the road.  While I appreciate you missing the larger rocks, you can hit a pebble or two.  You don't always have to serve do you?"  If Roadkill took his eyes off the road (were they even on them?) then he would see that she was smiling as she said it.

Jane went back to what she does...looks for targets (and no, not rocks or Roadkill) for her to shoot at and tried not to think of this as a suicide mission.  If they needed some sword to put an end to whatever, then a sword they needed to get.  Who wielded it in the end didn't matter to her as long as it was on their side.  She had her own beliefs and figured that as strong as they were for her, they wouldn't be for that sword to work right so she didn't have to worry about it.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 72 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 22 Jun 2012
at 17:30
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 271):

Rowan smiles at Sulivan her manour clearly warning him, "you take care of mybike Sullivan".
"I have paid good money out to restore it to it present standard"


In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 277):

Ian says "I will ma'am."  He looks at the hovercycle with a minor bit of uncertainty, and mumbles to himself, "Just like training."

Ian get on the hover cycle and it looks like he is having some minor issue driving it but he is able to keep it under control.

(OOC, spent the bounty to get the skill)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:08, Sat 23 June 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 670 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 24 Jun 2012
at 16:21
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan gives Schaeffer a hug and a kiss "go with the goddess love, may she watch over you out there"

Rowans Fingers sketch in blessing, and watches her love disappear into the darkness

Then gathers Trickster up and any one else that can be spared to carefully search for ingredients to make poultices up.
"Smoker you are good at scrounging give me a hand with this would you I need the following Eye of an amphibian, green leaves, hair, one cup of clean water."
"As much as you can find"

Rowan wants to make a fair few up she has the feeling they are going to be needed
Smoker Nix
 player, 320 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 24 Jun 2012
at 17:41
Re: The Destroyer
"Sure... any kind of leaf?"

He started to poke around, looking a bit bemused. These weren't the sort of things he usually scavenged for!
Rowan Dawson
 player, 671 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 24 Jun 2012
at 22:22
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 280):

Rowan shakes her head
"Nope as long as they are green and healthy"
Smoker Nix
 player, 323 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 25 Jun 2012
at 09:32
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker applied himself to this rather novel search and soon found what Rowan wanted. By then his leg was hurting and he settled down for a rest, dozing fitfully.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 673 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 25 Jun 2012
at 09:44
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 282):


As everthing is gathered together Rowan smiles, "Thank you Smoker and Trickster, with what we have here I can make 8 poltices up, that means we can use one to heal your leg completly Smoker and keep 7 back for use."
"Give you good odds we will need them"

Rowan gets out her cook pot "if you will excuse me smoker some of what I do now is under oath to my way"
Rowan carefully works prepiaring and sorting things then once the poltices are made she stores them safey and uses the one to heal Smoker as promised.
Here you go friend. she says calling him over. "one lot of healing as promised"
Seeing Smoker is asleep she gently treats his leg where he is sleeping
The Marshall
 GM, 1249 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 11:19
Re: The Destroyer
Near Skeleton Butte

The first half of the day passed in what might be a peaceful way, but was more full of watching and waiting for the others to return with the remains of sword that once belonged to the disgraced Anti-Tempar, Julia Aiken.

For Smoker, Rowan and Trickster, they had a good day searching the ruins of the town of Eden for components to use in the Healing Poultices. Rowan had enough ingredients to make 8 applications. Noting Smoker's injured leg, she quickly made one and applied it. The relief was immediate and his leg felt much better.

Past midday, Schaeffer radioed, "I see a large number of bikers approaching Skeleton Butte from the south. I am thinking it's Modeen and the Destroyers. Will try to get an accurate count."

Back to Boise

On the road the bikers (Daphne, Jason, Roadkill/Jane, and Sullivan) had a relatively easy time of it after avoiding the pile-up near Twin Falls. With the weather being a little nicer, it was almost a pleasant (if tricky) ride, requiring a some dodging of wrecks and road damage. It went a little quicker, as they'd come this way before (twice, for Daphne).

When they arrive, they see that things have progressed quickly under Crichton's direction. There is a basic organisational structure for the people there, buildings are being fortified, defenses like tank traps and road blocks erected, fighting positions dug, weapons handed out and training was proceeding.

There's only one thing missing: no Templars. Tasmin had already left, going north when the posse headed south. Simon was nowhere to be seen. The man who came to met them was wearing the robes of the Librarians, and he looked familiar. (Librarians were the recorders of history and events of the Wasted West, based in California.) It was Biletnikoff, the Librarian that had dedicated himself to recording the history and exploits of the Templars. He was a balding man with glasses, yet his eyes were sharp and intelligent.

"Welcome back! Have you succeeded in killing Modeen? I see you are not injured, yet you do not have all your members present. Or vehicles."
Roadkill
 player, 521 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 15:54
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 284):

Roadkill waits. He doesn't even know this person but surely someone does.
Roadkill gets off his bike and does a few stretches while asking Jane

"You got more room in there for this sword Jason is getting? Hope so"
He looks about
"Guess they have some sort of plan here. I'm kind of hungry, we should get some food and fuel"
Smoker Nix
 player, 324 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 17:09
Re: The Destroyer
"Thank you, Rowan," said Smoker when he woke up and found his leg much better.

Later, he listened to Schaeffer's transmission.

"What do you want us to do?" he asked.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 674 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 17:45
Re: The Destroyer
Past midday, Schaeffer radioed, "I see a large number of bikers approaching Skeleton Butte from the south. I am thinking it's Modeen and the Destroyers. Will try to get an accurate count."

Raven looks worried as she hears this hoping her man has the good sense to stay hidden.
But knows there is nothing she can do with out blowing his concealment to help him
Jason Sinclair
 player, 77 posts
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 18:10
Re: The Destroyer
  "Librarian Biltkentopf I must speak with the Grandmaster at once. It is a matter of life or death. We haven't even encountered Modeen yet. We have need a a certain artifact as it is the only thing on Earth that can kill him." Jason waits for the Librarian to respond. At the mention of the sword by Roadkill Jason looks at him and says "Unless Jane is great with a sword or big knife I will carry it. To much of a risk that we might encounter Modeen on the way back."
Jane Guin
 player, 220 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 27 Jun 2012
at 18:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 288):

Jane looked at the people around her.  "I didnt' plan on using it but just carrying it.  I figure you have just as much of a chance to carry it as me but I've got the side care here.  YOU might need your hands free to heal any of us. Somebody has to do that if we get hit."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 211 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 28 Jun 2012
at 05:12
Re: The Destroyer
OOC: The hell? I posted, I know I did, but alas it is gone and nowhere to be seen.

Peter took a small nap as they settled down to wait for the others to return. For Jane to return. Calling it a nap was being generous. He didn't sleep, he just dozed a bit here and there, but he was trying to avoid dreaming if he could. The dreams were rough.

Rowan and some others went looking for herbs and flowers. Peter left them to it. He wasn't in the mood and would just get in the way. He wasn't that good at scrounging.

He sat up at the radio call. That was trouble. What if they noticed the ones missing from the hanging trees?

He radioed back, "Germany, this is South Dakota. Please be careful since the package hasn't been picked up yet. If it's the Band you think it is, don't stay for the concert. I heard their music is a bit rough."
The Marshall
 GM, 1250 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 28 Jun 2012
at 12:46
Re: The Destroyer
Skeleton Butte

Smoker Nix:
Later, he listened to Schaeffer's transmission.

"What do you want us to do?" he asked.


"Good question... just stand by, I guess. If they start to sweep, I will not risk discovery and instead withdraw to your location."

Peter Firecrow:
He sat up at the radio call. That was trouble. What if they noticed the ones missing from the hanging trees?

He radioed back, "Germany, this is South Dakota. Please be careful since the package hasn't been picked up yet. If it's the Band you think it is, don't stay for the concert. I heard their music is a bit rough."


"Roger that, Sierra Dakota. Be advised, I see they are starting to sweep area. Am heading your position, RV there in 30 mikes. Deutschland out."

Marshall's Note: no big deal, seems to happen every once in a while. As well, Schaeffer has set your current position as the "RV Point", rendez-vous or meeting point. There are also alternate RV points set in case he can't make it back there directly, you have to leave, etc.

Boise Temple

quote:
"Librarian Biltkentopf I must speak with the Grandmaster at once. It is a matter of life or death. We haven't even encountered Modeen yet. We have need a a certain artifact as it is the only thing on Earth that can kill him." Jason waits for the Librarian to respond. At the mention of the sword by Roadkill Jason looks at him and says "Unless Jane is great with a sword or big knife I will carry it. To much of a risk that we might encounter Modeen on the way back."


Biletnikoff shook his head sadly. "Simon is very sick right now. You can see him but he's in a kind of grand mal seizure alternating with catatonic states. He can't talk or acknowledge others until he comes out of it. It could be in a few minutes, more likely hours from now. Perhaps before the war there was medication or therapy to treat this, or, more likely, it's something beyond the reach of normal medicine. Nerve toxin, or something... else."

The librarian got a boy to fetch some water and corn bread for the riders, who were hungry and thirsty. There was no fuel to be had in Boise itself, as they didn't make or use Spook Juice, but they could top up in the nearby town of Simon's Rock in the outer Boise ruins outside the Ghost Storm.

"From what you say, it would seem Modeen has become a servitor. That would only make sense. I’ve studied several of these horrors. Simon has even slain a few. They are not to be trifled with. I wish Simon was... well.

"I suspect Julia Aiken turned to darkness—she allowed her emotions to get the best of her. Modeen is another matter. He has willingly turned to the Reckoners for power. Obviously, they listened.

"As you know, servitors are immune to all but one weakness. Aaron claims Julia’s sword is the only weapon that can destroy Modeen, so I guess you’d best get out there and do it. I prefer to keep it here—if the Destroyer gets it, there may be no other way to defeat him. Still, Simon has become increasingly ill, and he may never recover. I’d appreciate it if you kept that to yourselves, by the way.

"At any rate, all I can do is hand this sword over to you, Templar, and hope for
the best.


The Librarian unlocked the door to the Hall of Heroes and led the riders inside. He leads them to the back, behind the raised platform, to a long, wide wall where the swords of fallen Templars are placed. No more than a dozen hang on the wall, though there are places for thirty or more. Beneath each sword sconce is a list of names and dates, the owners and the dates they fell.

One of them is broken at the middle. Beneath it are the words, "Julia Aiken,
2091." "As you know," Biletnikoff explains, "Simon broke Julia’s sword when Modeen returned it to us. Simon declared that it would not be passed on further.

The Librarian reaches for the sword but stops, almost as if he is afraid to
touch it. Then he simply points at the thing. "There. Take it."


Biletnikoff turns and walks toward the door. "Good luck."

Aiken's sword was a CS Marine dress sabre, broken at about 18" from the hilt.
Jane Guin
 player, 221 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 28 Jun 2012
at 12:55
Re: The Destroyer
Jane gladly accepted the water and corn bread.  She only ate part of the bread and then wrapped it up for later.  One never knew where the next meal would come from but keeping hydrated was more important.  She followed along when she was allowed, not pushing if they decided she couldn't see certain areas and listened.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 78 posts
Thu 28 Jun 2012
at 14:57
Re: The Destroyer
  "Are you kidding me Simon is sick. Great I was hoping that he would be the last line. Crap. Yeah from what I can tell he is a Servitor alright. If Templar Trejo and I fall at least one of our companions will be bringing it back. I hope. As for the knowledge of the Grandmaster. It goes into my mental vault. One day I might let you rummage around in there. Once there was a Ranger. Ha great title for a book if I survive this." Jason says as they walk into the Hall. As they approach Aiken's sword Jason is obviously nervous. When they reach the alcove he almost looks like he is staring down a pit viper. Slowly at first he extends his hand to grab the sword. Then his hand darts forward and grasps the hilt. When nothing happens he breathes a sigh of relief. "By the way Librarian I'm only a Squire."
Roadkill
 player, 522 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sun 1 Jul 2012
at 10:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 293):

"you the boss jass . Im really here for the ride and to make sure we don't piss about"

Roadkill not sure about who was there last time they dealt with the templar

"Just be thankful Pete ain't here Jass. He would be shootting his way in to get this sword. I got the feeling he didn't like you guys one bit. Some of you are growing on me. Even hard arse himself."

Roadkill smiles.

"Seriously, let's eat. Daddy needs to work on his figure. The girls love more to hold onto afterall."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 212 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 2 Jul 2012
at 05:16
Re: The Destroyer
Peter sighed and put a hand up to his face, rubbing his eyes. Wonderful. They likely had, or soon would, notice that people had been there and start trying to track them down. Of course, it could just be their routine to sweep around when they arrived somewhere. Sure. Could be.

He got ready just in case.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 79 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2012
at 11:36
Re: The Destroyer
"Sure Roadkill sure. We should get a quick bite and get back as soon as possible. Leaves less chance of an ambush." Jason said and then went and ate some food and got things ready. He even tried to make a makeshift sheath for the stub of Aiken's sword.
Librarian Biletnikoff
Mon 2 Jul 2012
at 12:45
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  "Are you kidding me Simon is sick. Great I was hoping that he would be the last line. Crap. Yeah from what I can tell he is a Servitor alright. If Templar Trejo and I fall at least one of our companions will be bringing it back. I hope. As for the knowledge of the Grandmaster. It goes into my mental vault. One day I might let you rummage around in there. Once there was a Ranger. Ha great title for a book if I survive this." Jason says as they walk into the Hall. As they approach Aiken's sword Jason is obviously nervous. When they reach the alcove he almost looks like he is staring down a pit viper. Slowly at first he extends his hand to grab the sword. Then his hand darts forward and grasps the hilt. When nothing happens he breathes a sigh of relief. "By the way Librarian I'm only a Squire."


The robed man stopped at the door, turned and addressed Jason. It could have been his imagination, but Jason was chilled when he took the blade, although this quickly faded.

"Yes, it is too bad about Simon. Puzzling why no other Templars have arrived, although they were summoned a while ago. At any rate, you are following the directives of a Templar and are on a mission under Simon's orders, I believe that should suffice. Needs must as the Devil drives!"

They were fed and watered, once they passed through the Ghost Storm wall to Simon's Rock they would be refuelled as well.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 264 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 2 Jul 2012
at 12:49
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 295):

Updating them over the radio, Schaeffer said, "they do not appear to be very systematic. I cannot see them completely as I no longer have a visual on the top of the bluff but I covered our tracks and we didn't drive up to the top so I think it's all right.

"Am continuing to withdraw to your position. See you in an hour at most."

The Marshall
 GM, 1251 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 5 Jul 2012
at 11:47
Re: The Destroyer
Boise

As they left the Temple, Jason ran his thumb along the edge of the jagged blade, where it broke when Simon snapped it in half.

"Ow, shit!" He pulled his thumb back as if bitten, then looked at it. "Shit, Goddamn thing cut me!" Sure enough, a drop of blood dripped down from the ball of his thumb. The break didn't look jagged, but perhaps there was some hidden imperfection.

Quickly, they consumed the food and water that was provided outside the Temple. After an uneventful passage through the wall of the Ghost Storm, they were met on the road by the people of Simon's Rock, the colony that had sprung up outside Boise's storm wall.

The citizens of Simon's Rock were heading to the temple, to help defend the ruins of downtown. They were carrying what arms and ammo they possessed. In effect, abandoning their own town as it wasn't defensible and the Destroyers could easily bypass it anyways if desired. Instead, they would help Crichton and the Temple defenders turn the ruins into a deathtrap for the invaders. Hey, if it worked at Stalingrad, Beirut, Lost Angels, Lawrence and Tulsa, it would work there.

The bikes were refueled for the return trip. The rain still held off, for now.

Skeleton Butte/Eden

An hour after he said he was withdrawing, Schaeffer turned up in the abandoned farming community of Eden, where the rig and technical were hidden.

He gave a tight smile and nod to Rowan but didn't embrace her or show additional affection. This was a side of him she'd seen before: the professional soldier, one who couldn't let his emotions get in the way.

Still dressed as a mobile bush in his Ghillie suit with hood thrown back, Schaeffer addressed Peter, Trejo and Rowan.

"My report is that someone I took to be Modeen showed up, accompanied by twenty bikers. The good news is they didn't seem to realised we'd been there. Sloppy. I also didn't see any heavy vehicles. No cars, trucks, tanks."

Trejo looked as sour as usual. "Modeen plus twenty is less than the fifty we heard from Daphne, also, no "honour guard" of Anti-Templars and no heavy vehicles. Wonder where they are? Might as well get on the CB when the others are close to the city, give them a warning to keep their eyes peeled for the other Destroyers."
Smoker Nix
 player, 325 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 5 Jul 2012
at 11:50
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker offered Shaeffer a hot drink.

"It's been quiet here. Come and have a rest," he said.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 265 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 5 Jul 2012
at 11:52
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 300):

Schaeffer took the cup of Milrat powdered hot cocoa and sipped gratefully.

"Danke shon."
Jane Guin
 player, 222 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 5 Jul 2012
at 14:55
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 299):

Jane looked over at Jason and frowned.  It did not bode well, in her thinking, if someone wasn't that careful when holding a broken sword.  It would make sense, in her thinking, that a sharp weapon should be handled with care and even moreso if it was broken...more edges etc. to deal with.

"Let me see your hand and the sword Jason."
The Marshall
 GM, 1252 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 00:55
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 302):

Examining the broken edge of the sword where it ended 18" above the blade, Jane can't see how Jason cut himself. It seems smooth enough, not jagged, sharp but not razor-sharp with no burrs or irregularities.

Jason said, shaking his head, "I didn't but touch it, honest. That blade was possessed by the first Anti-Templar so maybe it's personal. Try it yourself."

Marshall's Note: "Jsaon/Crichton" had to drop his own DL: HOE game on RPOL, so I assume he's unable to continue playing.

On the trip back, I'll need two (2) Drivin' rolls at TN 5. You're at +3 for the bikes' handling, so shouldn't be a problem.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:43, Fri 06 July 2012.

Jane Guin
 player, 223 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 01:37
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 303):

"Well I can't see where how you could have cut yourself."

Jane carefully picked up the sword by the handle and looked at it again.
The Marshall
 GM, 1253 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 01:47
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 303):

"Well I can't see where how you could have cut yourself."

Jane carefully picked up the sword by the handle and looked at it again.


It appeared to be a Confederate Marine dress sabre, blade snapped off, leaving a stump. What remained of the blade looked clean, not nicked. It seemed worn, stained and in need of cleaning. She didn't get the same dark feeling that Jason did when he held it. There were no inscriptions or other special markings.
Jane Guin
 player, 224 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 01:56
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 305):

Jane shrugged.  "Don't feel anything from it.  We have it now so let's get back to the main group.  Give me something to wrap it better in and get back."

As far as Jane was concerned, they needed to get back.  They were sent to get the sword, they got the sword.  The sword can be put down in the side car and it would leave her hands free to fire the weapon if need be.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 213 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 02:04
Re: The Destroyer
OOC: poo about jason. we need more players again. =(

Peter listened to what the Colonel from Deutschland had to say. He frowned. Something didn't seem right. He couldn't really put his finger on it, not without more information. "Something doesn't feel right. Where are the rest that were seen by Daphne?" He sighed. "I hope the others get back sooner rather than later before things go sideways."
The Marshall
 GM, 1254 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 02:14
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 306):

Jason got out an old grey T-Shirt. It had some kind of Texas Department Safety logo, now long faded.

"I can hold it, Jane. No offence, it was entrusted to my care, it should get to Trejo to use, as a Templar. I'll be careful, but I assume it just, uh, doesn't like Templars. Know what I mean?"

He waited for her to hand over the sword, then wrapped it up and put it away.
Jane Guin
 player, 225 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 15:15
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 308):

Jane smiled as she handed it over to him.  "Hey I didn't want to keep it.  I just didn't want you to get nicked again or anything.  No problem handing it back.  Swords aren't my thing.  At least we know that it doesn't attack everybody. Glad that you have something you can wrap it up better in.  Here you go."
The Marshall
 GM, 1255 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 15:24
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 309):

"No problem, thanks for watching out for me. I just gotta remember to warn Trejo. Everyone looked like they're saddled up, better get a move on myself!"

He mounted up, thumbing the sport bike's starter. The engine caught with a shrill whine, idling.
Jane Guin
 player, 226 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 15:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 310):

Jane nodded at Jason.  She might not have said much when he joined up with them but he was on her team now and so far he hadn't done anything for her to not trust him.

She got into her side car and made sure that the weapon would be ready if needed.  "Time to leave this place.  Let's get back to the others...I'm ready whenever you are."

She couldn't believe she said that.  She tried to relax knowing how bumpy the ride would be but still at least she would be headed back.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 75 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 6 Jul 2012
at 17:16
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 311):

Ian grabs his stuff and heads out with the rest of the posse.  After seeing the broken sword cut in to Jason he knows that some is not right with that sword and that might be what is needed.
Roadkill
 player, 523 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 10 Jul 2012
at 09:15
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg # 312):

Seeing the sword cut Jason

"Nice one. You probably got templar germs now"
The Marshall
 GM, 1257 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 12 Jul 2012
at 10:24
Re: The Destroyer
Boise Ruins

They finished up with the short break, intending to head out.

Wearing his Marine Combat IBS now, Crichton came over to wish them luck. He said that should the Destroyers come, they would be invading Hell itself.

Currently, he was having workers dig a network of spider holes in the rubble to catch any horde of bikers trying to outflank the tank traps in a vicious crossfire. The spider holes were connected to bunkers dug under piles of shattered concrete and brick, also under construction. Small pits were being dug in the ambush's kill zone where foot mobiles or bikes would go over them and get stuck, then the pits where filled with sharpened rusty spikes or wooden stakes.

Out in the nearby market, craftspeople worked at a series of tables, using salvaged materials and home-made explosives to fashion a series of IEDs and braces of "lunge mines". (These were explosive anti-tank charges fixed to the ends of 10 foot poles that fired when shoved into the side of an armoured vehicle by a suicidally brave attacker.) More disturbingly, someone was fabricating what appeared to be crude "suicide vests", hopefully be used only as a last resort. Crude catapults were being made to throw Spook Juice cocktails, clouds of darts, even jars full of angry mutant wasps.

Dozens of people who didn't want a part in this fight were leaving with what they could carry on their backs or piled onto carts, donkeys, horses, one rickety econobox. Over a hundred people were staying, not just men but women and even children. Perhaps the "non-combatants" would take on communications and medical roles when the fighting started, but when the wolf was coming to devour them all they would make their stand, despite the cost.

Once outside the Ghost Wall they would be stopping at the almost-deserted town of Simon's Rock to refuel, then it was another hard ride to make it back to Twin Falls and Eden (by Skeleton Butte) before dark and another hostage was killed.

Marshall's Note: The return trip requires 2 more Riding rolls per driver (Roadkill, Sullivan, Jason) to make it back. TN 5, +3 for Handling (so really, not much of a chance).

Twin Falls/Eden

Nearby Skeleton Butte, the others waited hidden in the abandoned farming town of Eden. To the north were the mountains, to the south, Skeleton Butte. Eden itself was on a reservoir which still held a little water, and there were at least a few trees around. The clouds glowered, threatening more rain, but it was good to dry out a little in the vehicles under their camouflage.


This message was last edited by the GM at 12:32, Thu 12 July 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 525 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 12 Jul 2012
at 12:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 314):

roadkill thinks how it is good to see all standing and fighting. it will be good for the kids in this world to see what it is really like.
He then stops for a moment and thinks about those leaving

"How dare they. What, I'm going to die so they have to run away."

He thinks of calling out but then decides it is better to let the weak run. Maybe they have something better to do than defend their own place, let idiots like Roadkill do it for them.

"I will come back as a ghost and haunt you if i die!"
He calls out

"lets go and kill this bastard"
Roadkill starts up the bike and takes off with Jane holding the sword in the sidecar
Jane Guin
 player, 228 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 12 Jul 2012
at 16:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 315):

Jane sat in the sidecar and didn't say anything at first (the sword was given back to Jason).  She just looked at the retreating people and the precautions that the others were taken.  She wouldn't call them back.  They had a right to choose and who was she to judge.  Others had judged her before and she didn't think she was in the position to judge now.

Finally she just nodded.  "Yeah, let's get back to the others.  Preferably in one piece."  She then looked at Roadkill and gave him a semi smile.
The Marshall
 GM, 1259 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 18 Jul 2012
at 09:43
Re: The Destroyer
Back from New Boise

Even the townies seemed to have a hard life, if perhaps not as hard as an ex-road gangster like Roadkill. Nevertheless, some of them were willing to fight, and with Sgt. Crichton's help they had a real shot of doing some damage to the Destroyers if they attacked. If they could defeat Anti-Templars and Modeen himself if they attacked, well, time would tell.

They hit the road, and the trip was faster as they'd been this way before. It was safer, too, as it wasn't raining. There were still pools of standing water, potholes, runoff and muddy overflowing streams. They made it back towards Twin Falls in good time, without killing themselves in the maze of tangled vehicles around the Interstate interchange.

North side of Eden

The waiters heard a bad sound from the top of Skeleton Butte. Masses of bikes were riding down off the hill. Schaeffer, up on top of a burned feed silo, peered through his rifle scope reported through the technical and rig's CB radios.

"Looks like the missing bikers have shown up. Thirty more just came up the back way to the Butte. Led by a man in a black tabard, an Anti-Templar, not Modeen. That makes fifty riders up there now, with Modeen. No heavy vehicles."

A few minutes later. "Huh. Appears the new group is leaving, now. They are coming back down the rear road... heading west. Towards our own people. Perhaps to set up an ambush? I suggest we follow them, quickly, and counter-ambush them. That will thin out the main herd for the main show, later, ya?"

Marshall's Note: to reiterate, the "missing" 30 bikers showed up, led by one of Modeen's Anti-Templars, then rode off again to the west, towards where your comrades will be showing up. Schaeffer's suggestion is just that, he will abide by whatever the others decide, but his idea is take out part of the Destroyers now, instead of fighting all of them later. They probably won't be expecting to get attacked."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 675 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 18 Jul 2012
at 18:41
Re: The Destroyer

Rowan would aqgree with that idea
Small bites are better than large ones
Peter Firecrow
 player, 214 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 04:15
Re: The Destroyer
Peter gritted his teeth and spat on the ground. While he didn't want to take any chances, the points were good ones. Cutting off some of the force where reinforcements weren't nearby was good strategy, divide and conquer. Plus, he didn't want anything to happen to Jane on her way back...or the others with her.

"Agreed. Let us Destroy the Destroyers. I think giving them a taste of the war they so desperately crave may not be all that they have wished for."

He got into the truck and started it up, letting the Colonel take the lead.
Smoker Nix
 player, 328 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 08:46
Re: The Destroyer
"Just tell me what you need me to do," said Smoker. "You know I'm not up on this tactical stuff... but I can follow directions."
Roadkill
 player, 526 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 14:16
Re: The Destroyer

"It will be sad to have to give this bike back"
Roadkill shouts out to Jane.

"Be back in time flat. Bet they are just lying around smoking, especially Smoker, the lazy bastard"
Jane Guin
 player, 230 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 19 Jul 2012
at 14:25
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 321):

Jane nodded to Roadkill.  "Perhaps if you return it without any extra marks on it you'll get to ride it again.  I can vouch...so far...that you're driving isn't too bad."
Gilles the Driver Bot
 NPC, 11 posts
 AI Autopilot
 Junker Built
Fri 20 Jul 2012
at 09:35
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 319):

"'Ave fun! Gilles will stay 'ere, an' listen to se radio. Call if you need Gilles, eh?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:46, Fri 20 July 2012.

Trejo
 NPC, 84 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Fri 20 Jul 2012
at 09:51
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
"Just tell me what you need me to do," said Smoker. "You know I'm not up on this tactical stuff... but I can follow directions."


Trejo thought about what they had.

"Rig is too big to sneak up on the bikers, best to stay here for now.

"Smoker, grab a couple of them Spook Juice cocktails. Could come in handy again."


There were still five Molotov cocktails made from Spook Juice up in the trailer fighting position. Smoker had thrown one and nailed the Black Hat SUV back near Cheyenne, it wasn't a grenade but was pretty close!
Smoker Nix
 player, 329 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 20 Jul 2012
at 10:26
Re: The Destroyer
"All right, then..."

Smoker limped off to find them, none too happy about the prospect of handling anything explosive after his last experience. He took a deep breath. It would take an effort of will to even pick the things up!
The Marshall
 GM, 1261 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 20 Jul 2012
at 10:49
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 325):

Most Molotov cocktails (aka "firebomb" aka "petrol bomb") were not explosive. Like most, these were bottles filled with a flammable liquid (Spook Juice) with a cloth stuffed inside the neck to provide a "wick".

To use, the bottle was upended to soak the cloth in fuel, which was then lit. The bottle was thrown, and when it shattered against or near the target and splashed or sprayed its fuel everywhere, the burning cloth set it on fire. Very effective and simple weapon, invented by the Finns a century and a half ago during their Winter War with the Soviet Union.

Smoker had used one a few days earlier to set a Black Hat vehicle on fire, throwing one down onto the roof from above. At that time, the crash and then roaring blossom of green-orange Spook Juice flame consuming the vehicle seemed awesome, perhaps now, not so much.

As long as they weren't lit, they were relatively safe weapons. Even dropping it wouldn't do more than spread unlit fuel around if it wasn't already on fire. The bottles clinked together in his pocket as he climbed down, then saddled up.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 266 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 09:56
Re: The Destroyer
Schaeffer mounted up, got behind the Ma-Deuce.

"Ready to go."
The Marshall
 GM, 1262 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 10:05
Re: The Destroyer
West of Eden

The posse who stayed behind (Smoker, Rowan,  piled into the technical and followed the bikers. Not too closely, as they could easily see large numbers of tire tracks in the muddy road.

Those tracks led across the overgrown fields. Keeping the technical hidden, they could see the last of the bikers heading into another abandoned town, formerly known as Jerome. Jerome was close to the Interstate, but not too close.

Once the bikers were out of sight they moving up to the outskirts of Jerome, which was a little bigger than Eden. Schaeffer got down off the gun and disappeared into the ruins, wearing his Ghillie suit.

Several minutes later he reported, "Firebird zis is Jaeger. They are at the old airport in Jerome,  I am up in ze control tower. I am haffing zem in sight. Zey are refuelling from a large tanker truck. Quite disorganised, it vill taken them awhile to be finishing. They are all accounted for, zey haff not set any guards. Zey trust in their Anti-Templar leader, too much, I think."

"Zere iss zomthing else... I am seeing our friends approaching, five kilometres out. The bikers can't see zem, and they are making too much noise to hear them. Now. You should call zem, und warn zem, yah? Ve can attack vrom both zides. I cannot, my radio does not haff ze range."


For some reason, the ether wasn't cooperating. The airwaves were full of static, what might be garbled ghostly voices just beyond understanding calling to anyone who would listen. Tempting, pleading, wondering if they were really dead or just trapped... someplace.

West of Jerome

It was still sunny out, but the clouds were moving in. They were getting somewhat close to Skeleton Butte and where they left the rest of the posse in Eden, a short ways away. Time to get on the radio!
Smoker Nix
 player, 330 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 10:40
Re: The Destroyer
"This may sound daft... but if they are clustered around a tanker, some fire might be appropriate. How best to deliver it?" mused Smoker, puffing away as usual.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 83 posts
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 12:27
Re: The Destroyer

"Kraut this is Ranger. Repeat Kraut this is Ranger. We have seen the Junkman and we bear gifts for our mutual friend the Delta. Kraut respond. Ranger out." Jason spoke into the mic on his headset. If no response is heard he will repeat once more and then assume com silence til Kraut authenticates. If no authentication is received then at the next town he assumes the worst.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:35, Sat 21 July 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 676 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 13:11
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
"This may sound daft... but if they are clustered around a tanker, some fire might be appropriate. How best to deliver it?" mused Smoker, puffing away as usual.

 "Long range rifle fire into the tanker"
rowan offers.
"With us suporting ready to mop up afterwards"
Smoker Nix
 player, 331 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 13:28
Re: The Destroyer
"Will gunfire generate sufficient explosion... maybe one of these babies would do the trick," said Smoker, brandishing one of the Molotovs. "If I can get close enough... what's the cover like?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 215 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 21 Jul 2012
at 18:38
Re: The Destroyer
Peter listened to what the Colonel had to say. He agreed with him, and with Smoker, but how to deliver a sufficient way to explode the tanker was another story altogether. If they had a way to look like the bikers and went in, but he thought they would be spotted and found out quickly.

When the second radio call came in, Peter responded. "Ranger, this is Dakota South. Kraut is out of range at the moment. Do NOT continue on just yet. You have a welcoming committee that is refueling and we need to hit them before they finish to come get you."

Peter will outline quickly what the Colonel told them about the bikers at the airport and suggest the 2-pronged attack and will mention the tanker exploding as a possiblity if they can find a way to do it.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 76 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Mon 23 Jul 2012
at 19:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 333):

Ian, catches the conversation over the radio.  "Shooting from the back of bikes is never a good idea but if that is what it takes."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 267 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 23 Jul 2012
at 22:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 333):

Schaeffer broke in on the transmission. He was unable to address both elements, so he had Peter relay. First task was to get everyone close enough to coordinate effectively.

"All units, this is Jaeger. Firebird, please relay.

"Technical, move up to east side of airport buildings.

"Bikers, move up to west side of buildings. Wait there for instructions. Over"

Rowan Dawson
 player, 678 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 26 Jul 2012
at 05:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 335):

Rowwan watches events unfold wondering what is niggeling at the back of her mind about the situation.
She has forgotten some thing, she knows she has now what was it.
Then she has that eurica moment.
And says softly to the group,
"Guys, spook juice and my witch blast combine in explosive effect far greater than their single parts."
"Does that help?
"I have two spook juice cocktails ready to go"

Smoker Nix
 player, 334 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 26 Jul 2012
at 07:26
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker grinned, and tapped the bag where his spook juice cocktails were stashed.

"Let's make some fireballs, Rowan!"
Trejo
 NPC, 85 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Thu 26 Jul 2012
at 09:20
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 335):

Hearing the radio, Trejo nodded to Peter. He was ready to rock, riding his chopped bike alongside the technical.

"You gonna relay that? You don't have to take order from him, you know."

He was inclined to go along, hit the bikers with both groups, but in the end he didn't want to tell Peter what to do.
The Marshall
 GM, 1267 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 26 Jul 2012
at 10:52
Re: The Destroyer

Peter Firecrow
 player, 218 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 26 Jul 2012
at 14:01
Re: The Destroyer
Peter let out a short laugh at Trejo's words. "That is very true. However, he does have military experience and I do not, so many times I am inclined to at least listen to what he has to say even though I do not like taking orders. Likely why I do NOT have military experience." He chuckled again but then relayed what the Colonel had said on to the party returning from Boise.

He then started up the technical and once everyone was mounted up, headed towards their designated spot.
Roadkill
 player, 528 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 26 Jul 2012
at 15:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 340):

"No idea on the situation up there but if it is needed then, i guess you better postpone our welcome back party. Keep the drink on ice until we put these guys on ice"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 681 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 27 Jul 2012
at 15:09
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 341):

Rowan
"How about going in over the roof and throwing spook juice containers and my gift from above that way we would be close and useeen"
Smoker Nix
 player, 336 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 27 Jul 2012
at 15:52
Re: The Destroyer
"Sounds like a plan," replied Smoker. He put out his cigarette, reluctantly. He'd take no chances with fires other than those he intended to set!
Jason Sinclair
 player, 85 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2012
at 16:37
Re: The Destroyer
"Okay guys we have a basic plan worked up. Let's go get us a few dozen scumbags." Jason says as he mounts the bike again.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 682 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 27 Jul 2012
at 22:07
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 343):

Rowan looks thoughtful
"you know if we could get the bikers and save the tanker we would have our own fuel supply for a good while"
Smoker Nix
 player, 339 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 28 Jul 2012
at 10:57
Re: The Destroyer
"You have a point... just that blowing the bikers sky-high seems the safest way to get rid of them."

Anyway, Smoker likes big bangs!
The Marshall
 GM, 1274 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 1 Aug 2012
at 20:57
Re: The Destroyer
Jerome County Airport

The two groups converged on the airport, as stealthily as possible. Fortunately, the Destroyers had long-jettisoned such niceties as mufflers, so over two dozen bikes idling or roaring down the runway racing each other made quite a racket.

At some point during or after the war the airport had been bombed. There were the remains of burned out buildings, wrecked military aircraft (helicopters, transports) and destroyed ground vehicles (mainly trucks). Sandbagged positions and bunkers now sagged a decade after they were abandoned to the elements.

The bikers were having lunch, working on bikes and refuelling (slowly) with the tanker parked in a hangar. This made it somewhat hard for Schaeffer to provide sniper support, although he could see inside the wide open doors (front and back). On the plus side, it meant most of the bikers couldn't see out, and any explosion would be suitably contained and maximise explosive power.

Up in the control tower, Schaeffer carefully timed the posse moving up so that neither was in sight when the bikers were around. Peter's group crept up and waited behind a service building, while the Sword group made it to the next hangar over.

Nearby, there was another roar as two bikers dragged each other down the runway. Suddenly, there was a flash and a flat echoing CRACK! as one of the bikes exploded without warning! The other swerved and then fell over as parts rained down around him. The other bikers reacted in complete shock, getting up and running en masse to the runway side of the building. Their leader seemed to be an imposing bearded man in a black tabard waving a broadsword around as he led the others towards the downed bikers.

"YOU ASSHOLES! I TOLD YOU, NO FUCKIN' RIDIN' ON THE RUNWAYS! THERE'S BOMBS ALL OVER THA PLACE!"

Schaeffer transmitted, "such dummkopfs! The air raid that destroyed the airport also sowed the runways with minelets. They never cleared them and some must still be active! Lucky for us, yah?"

Marshall's Note: Sorry, the site I want to use to sketch the area is down! Will post a map ASAP.

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:57, Wed 01 Aug 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 87 posts
Mon 30 Jul 2012
at 12:16
Re: The Destroyer
"Jaeger this is Ranger are you thinking what I am thinking. Nuke the tanker and channel the survivors to the runway. Greater chance to blow them up. You could mop up those that we don't get that go out the other side." Jason mused into his radio.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 268 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 31 Jul 2012
at 09:50
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Jaeger this is Ranger are you thinking what I am thinking. Nuke the tanker and channel the survivors to the runway. Greater chance to blow them up. You could mop up those that we don't get that go out the other side." Jason mused into his radio.


"It was taking them a long time to find ze mines! But yah, let us use them if zey are zere. Is sounding like a gut plan, zen. Ve do not need to kill zem all, chust take out ze leader. No vun is around ze tanker, vait until zey return.

"Ask ze Witch-Woman how she wants to go about zis. I vill do vat I can."


The hangars were large open structures, now without roofs due to bomb and fire damage. They were littered with debris and wreckage, open on both ends. (The military aircraft stationed there were stored in revetments but the CSAF were being thorough when they shot up the civilian hangars with cannon fire and bomblets. Rowan and company were in the hangar to the west, Peter and the technical to the east, Schaeffer up in the control tower to the southeast.


The Marshall
 GM, 1273 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 31 Jul 2012
at 10:36
Re: The Destroyer



This message was last edited by the GM at 10:40, Tue 31 July 2012.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 269 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 2 Aug 2012
at 09:26
Re: The Destroyer
Schaeffer noted that this would be the time to make their move if they were going to do it.

"If everyone is in position, here is what I propose:

"Rowan goes now while the bikers are distracted. I cover from here. From zee west, sneaking around the south side. When zee bikers return I will puncture zee tanker, Rowan blows it up. Maybe Smoker comes from the other side, ya? Backup with Molotovs.

"They should head north away from the fire towards the runway, everyone else shoots them when they are in the open, maybe step on a few mines.

"Sorry, do not think we can capture tanker intact. Use it as a weapon, we shall."

Smoker Nix
 player, 343 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 2 Aug 2012
at 09:36
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker takes a deep breath.

"OK. On it..."

Checking his spook juice bombs, Smoker figured out the best route to approach the tanker without being spotted.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 687 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 2 Aug 2012
at 20:17
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 351):

Rowan nods "Truth love lets send them all back to hell where they belong"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 220 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 3 Aug 2012
at 03:05
Re: The Destroyer
Peter listened and shrugged. A small smirk slid onto his face for a moment at the Colonel's words "Use it as a weapon, we shall". He was reminded of a small green puppet from back in some old vids. He half expected to be given the good luck phrase that the force should be with him.

"Very well."
The Marshall
 GM, 1277 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 07:49
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan started sneaking in from the west, Smoker from the east.

Both reached their respective sides of the target hanger. There were many shell and fragment holes in the walls that could be looked or even climbed through, there were side doors, and the large open hangar doors to the south.

Marshall's Note: So, choose your point of entry, whether you're looking first, etc.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 688 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 08:06
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 355):

small door listen and then look before entry
Smoker Nix
 player, 344 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 4 Aug 2012
at 10:07
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker, on the far side from Rowan, gets down low and listens first before peering round cautiously, head at floor level.

OOC: I'd use a mirror to peer round with, but I don't think Smoker carries one!

OOps, checks kit list - I do have one!


So Smoker digs a car wing mirror out of a belt pouch, and eases that round the door still at floor level, being careful not to catch any light and make an obvious flash with it!

This message was last edited by the player at 10:10, Sat 04 Aug 2012.

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 78 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Sun 5 Aug 2012
at 07:22
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 357):

Ian is waiting with the rest of "Sword" team.  He has his M4 ready.
Jane Guin
 player, 233 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 5 Aug 2012
at 12:29
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg # 358):

Jane was ready.  This is what she did.  It was as simple and as complex as that.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 90 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2012
at 12:33
Re: The Destroyer
Jason was just waiting for the explosion to happen. He had one hand on his short sword and the P-90c in his right.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 221 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sun 5 Aug 2012
at 13:53
Re: The Destroyer
Peter sighed. He had hoped to be able to see Jane and the stupid sword before they got into another fight but the world had other ideas. As did the Colonel. He pulled out the Tokarev with the laser sight and got ready.
Roadkill
 player, 530 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 6 Aug 2012
at 04:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 361):


Roadkill checks his guns. This will be different. No truck to take cover in but then again, not such a big target.
The Marshall
 GM, 1279 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 6 Aug 2012
at 09:37
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan and Smoker moved up to the side doors.

This was probably as safe a position as they could get, if they were actually inside the hangar they would be affected by the blast!

Using his mirror, Smoker could see the bikers starting to drift back into the hangar, towards where their bikes were parked around the tanker. They started to get serious then, play-time was over. The Anti-Templar looked more satisfied that these mooks were finally taking things more seriously. Refuelling began in ernest, as well as repairs, and a few started to eat. There was some quiet talking among themselves.

He could see one biker trundling off towards the far door. Unbeknownst to him, that's where Rowan was hidden. And she didn't have a radio.

Rowan could hear someone approaching her from inside the hangar. Smoker could hear over the radio, "Witchy Woman, someone is coming your way. I need you to catch him. Witchy? You hear me? Schiesse, do you have a radio?"
Smoker Nix
 player, 346 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 6 Aug 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker thumbed his radio.

"Schaeffer," he murmured (a murmur travels less than a whisper to unwanted hearers), "I don't think she has a radio - do you have a shot?"

He eyed up the distance, getting ready to throw a spook juice bomb to land under the tanker, looking for drips or any signs of carelessness in the refuelling operation to exploit.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 690 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 6 Aug 2012
at 21:11
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan could hear someone approaching her from inside the hangar.

Rowan will wait till point blank then throw the hand ax she has straight at the chest of the aproaching person.
Then attack the person with the word to maintian silence
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 270 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 7 Aug 2012
at 07:57
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
Smoker thumbed his radio.

"Schaeffer," he murmured (a murmur travels less than a whisper to unwanted hearers), "I don't think she has a radio - do you have a shot?"


"I vill be sending..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:03, Tue 07 Aug 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1281 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 7 Aug 2012
at 08:03
Re: The Destroyer
The doorway was filled with unsuspecting biker.

Marshall's Note: Make a to-hit roll with Throwin' Hand-Axe (4d10), -2 for an aimed shot to the Upper Torso.

From where he was located, Smoker could see spilled fuel but no real leaks. The side had some patched-up bullet holes and miscellaneous dents. The valve area where the fuel hose was attached was probably the most vulnerable spot.

The biker coming through the door was wearing a black leather vest over bare chest and a developing beer belly, although he wasn't that old and he wasn't packing on the pounds, yet. He was also wearing dirty jeans over heavy motorcycle boots, long hair underneath a bandanna over his head.

As the biker came through the door, he grunted and stumbled. Rowan's axe hit him dead centre of his chest and he began to fall forward at her feet.

Marshall's Note: Rowan can react and try to catch him, if so make a STR check (3d6, take highest).

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:22, Wed 08 Aug 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 693 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 8 Aug 2012
at 05:26
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
The doorway was filled with unsuspecting biker.

Marshall's Note: Make a to-hit roll with Throwin' Hand-Axe (4d10), -2 for an aimed shot to the Upper Torso.

From where he was located, Smoker could see spilled fuel but no real leaks. The side had some patched-up bullet holes and miscellaneous dents. The valve area where the fuel hose was attached was probably the most vulnerable spot.

The biker coming through the door was wearing a black leather vest over bare chest and a developing beer belly, although he wasn't that old and he wasn't packing on the pounds, yet. He was also wearing dirty jeans over heavy motorcycle boots, long hair underneath a bandanna over his head.

As the biker came through the door, he grunted and stumbled. Rowan's axe hit him dead centre of his chest and he began to fall forward at her feet.

Marshall's Note: Rowan can react and try to catch him, if so make a STR check (3d6, take highest).


See roll
I think I made it

Rowan steps in eases the man to the floor and cuts his throat, taking her hatchet back as she does so then pats the man down for weapons and other useful items quickly.
The Marshall
 GM, 1283 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 09:35
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 368):

Her tomahawk thumped into the man's chest. He looked very surprised, then fell forward. Rowan easily caught him and as she dragged him out of sight noticed there was a bullet hole in his back. He relaxed in her arms, dying, a terrible smell released by his body as his bowels and bladder released.

Schaeffer transmitted to Smoker, "she has caught the body. I was able to get him just as Rowan cut him down with an axe. That's my girl!

"I see a weak spot. I will shoot out a valve underneath. That will pool fuel on the ground, and the explosion will propel the tanker up from below, spreading the flames.

"Mountie? Roadkill? Do you read me? Can you quickly get to Rowan and let her know what I will do? Otherwise she will not know."


Meanwhile, Rowan searched the dead man. Blood had soaked his beard when he coughed his last breath. He was armed with a worn Colt .45 pistol stuck in his belt, with a spare magazine in a vest pocket. She had her own .45 but could easily use the magazines. He had a pair of sunglasses and some trinkets in his pockets.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:36, Fri 10 Aug 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 347 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 11:28
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker thumbed his radio.

"Understood. Awaiting your shot..."

He readied his first spook juice bomb, poised to throw.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 694 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 14:32
Re: The Destroyer
Meanwhile, Rowan searched the dead man. Blood had soaked his beard when he coughed his last breath. He was armed with a worn Colt .45 pistol stuck in his belt, with a spare magazine in a vest pocket. She had her own .45 but could easily use the magazines. He had a pair of sunglasses and some trinkets in his pockets.
</quote>

Rowan wrinckles her nose at the smell, the quickly searches the body and places the loot in her satchell
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 80 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Fri 10 Aug 2012
at 15:15
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 371):

Ian look to Rowan is and where he is right now, he see alot of open space between him and her.

(OOC, how open is the area between us?)
Roadkill
 player, 531 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 04:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg # 372):

"She is over there somewhere right? I will get closer. You guys cover me."
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 81 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 16:10
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 373):

Ian looks over the area and see that he should be able to get to Rowan unseen.  He indicates to Roadkill when they are about to move out.

Over the radio, "We are ready to move.  Keep an eye out for us."
The Marshall
 GM, 1287 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 12 Aug 2012
at 02:19
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg # 374):

Most of the bikers were in the hangar, so sneaking up outside was quite possible due to the debris lying around. Still, bad luck could intervene, as there were bikers way down at the corner of the building, and they could happen to look at just the wrong time.

Marshall's Note: RK and Sullivan, please make an Average Sneak check (TN 5).
Roadkill
 player, 534 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sun 12 Aug 2012
at 04:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 375):

Roadkill slowly and carefully edges is way around. SMG in one hand while his other is free.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 83 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Sun 12 Aug 2012
at 19:48
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 376):

Ian carefully moves with Roadkill to Rowan.  He has his M4 ready if they are noticed.

He is remembering one time he did some ERT entries in an area almost like this.  As he gets closer he looks for a better spot for the team to enter.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:58, Mon 13 Aug 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1290 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 09:14
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill and Sullivan make it to where Rowan is hiding.

She is near a door that would give her a good line of fire to the tanker. Nearby was the corpse of a dead biker, an overweight middle-aged white man in a leather vest and threadbare jeans.

It didn't look like she could get to a better spot. After all, she couldn't get inside the hangar itself, as that would soon be filled with flame and shrapnel!

"Have you contacted her yet?" Schaeffer asked over the radio.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 86 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 16:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 378):

"This is Mountie. We are now at location."
Jane Guin
 player, 236 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 17:08
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg # 379):

Jane let the others advance up towards Rowan while she covered their approach.  It wouldn't do for them to go from being the hunters to being the hunted.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 91 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 18:52
Re: The Destroyer
  While Ian and Roadkill started to creep over to Rowan Jason creeped slowly closer to the far hanger door being very careful to not disturb anything. He also kept as much cover as possible between himself and the gangers.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 696 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 15 Aug 2012
at 21:04
Re: The Destroyer

Rowan nods as the two men apear out of the darkness
"Ready both"? she asks softly
The Marshall
 GM, 1291 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 18 Aug 2012
at 08:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 382):

Everyone was ready to go. The bikers were gathered around the tanker. Schaeffer transmitted, "standing by to service target. On the way..." Schaeffer transmitted.

There was a buzzing sound and a "ping!" from under the tanker. Parts clinked down on the concrete below, and fuel started to gush down. A couple bikers, confused, got down on hands and knees to see if the valve had malfunctioned, if they could stop it. Discussion ensued. The longer the spook juice drained out, the larger the pool would be, but the greater chance they would know what was up.

"Now."

Marshall's Note: Rowan and Smoker are in position to engage, I'll need a Quickness roll for them. If Roadkill and Sullivan also want to engage, also make a Quickness check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:58, Sat 18 Aug 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 698 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 18 Aug 2012
at 09:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 383):

Rowan casts her Edritch bolt into the middle of the flowing fuel, and if she has time follows it with a second in to the leaking pipe hoping to split the tanker in one explosive blast
The Marshall
 GM, 1293 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 07:04
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan lined up her shot.

Smoker lit his Molotov and cocked his arm to throw.

Sullivan, Daphne and Jane crept into position at the near hangar doors.

The Anti-Templar stopped striding around, his hand going to his sword. He looked around, as if alerted by some sixth sense.

Rowan's shot flashed out, a green spark that landed dead-centre under the valve. Almost too quick to follow, a greenish flame caught with a whooomp! which flowed back up the gushing fuel into the tanker.

The bikers stood around, looking confused, and a number that turned to run were caught by Smoker's bursting Molotov.

The tanker lifted upwards a few feet on a column of flame for a few yards straight up, flaming fuel splashing down and outwards from beneath it. The closest bikers were caught in this wave and screamed in horror and pain. The tanker then sheared apart in the middle, exploding in a massive orange, green and black fireball. A hail of steel shrapnel filled the hangar, catching the rest of the bikers and their vehicles.

Marshall's Note: Post your reactions to this bomb going off in your faces! Remember, you can potentially take damage yourselves.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:05, Mon 20 Aug 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 349 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 07:28
Re: The Destroyer
Duck back behind the wall of the hanger, with the intention of backing away yet staying out of sight.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 700 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 17:39
Re: The Destroyer
Marshall's Note: Post your reactions to this bomb going off in your faces! Remember, you can potentially take damage yourselves.
</quote>

Rowan for a split second gasps at the effect then dives for cover.
Thinking 'stupid you needed more room oh crap'
Jane Guin
 player, 237 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 17:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 387):

Jane watched the team do their thing and then as the explosions took hold thought ~I'm still here why?  Duck you idiot!~

Jane ran for cover to duck behind as she saw "how efficient" the team had been.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 92 posts
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 18:08
Re: The Destroyer
 Jason being a good distance away from the blast when it goes off is blinded for a split second. Then a grin spreads across his face as he sees the effectiveness of the bomb. Thank the Saints for the chance to wipe scum off of the Earth. he thinks to himself. He ducks behind the wall of the hanger as shrapnel goes shooting past. A few chunks slam into the wall nearby.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 226 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 19:12
Re: The Destroyer
Peter waited nervously for things to start up. He thought about heading into the hangar as well but restrained himself. "Too many cooks spoil the pot," or however that damn saying went. He let out a sigh of frustration and then all hell broke loose.

"Holy Hannah!" Over the radio, he spoke, "Schaeffer, do you see them? Did any of ours get hurt?" He forgot about codenames in the heat of the moment.

He got ready to start herding bikers towards the minefield.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 89 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Mon 20 Aug 2012
at 23:53
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 390):

Ian ducks down, he protects his head.  He waits for Schaeffer's reply.  He gets ready to deal with any of the gangers.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 271 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 23 Aug 2012
at 10:13
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 390):

Schaeffer paused a moment, taking in the terrible yet beautiful orange-black-green fireball as it blew apart the hangar and climbed into the sky.

"Yah... is very impressive. I think Rowan and the others are safe."
The Marshall
 GM, 1294 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 23 Aug 2012
at 10:26
Re: The Destroyer
Few of the bikers escaped. A pair of bikers rode out of the inferno, riding across the runway. One hit a mine and exploded, both went down in the spray of shrapnel, rolling on the cracked pavement.

In the other direction, one biker, on fire, managed to stagger south and quickly collapsed. There was screaming and shrieking from inside the blazing hangar, which gradually became quieter.

Another biker, pierced through the torso by a 3-foot shard of metal, crawled slowly out of the flaming wreckage. It was the Anti-Templar.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 227 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 23 Aug 2012
at 14:02
Re: The Destroyer
Peter's eyes widened and his eyebrows shot upwards. That...was impressive. No fight. No herding. Just...dead and dying. He shook his head as he walked purposefully forward, towards the Anti-Templar.

"Hello there. Did we catch you at a bad time?"
The Marshall
 GM, 1296 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 26 Aug 2012
at 07:14
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 394):

The man in the blood-stained, burned tabard grunted and rolled onto his side, wincing at the pain as the metal scraped on the pavement.

"Fuck... you... and go... to Hell..." he gasped. He felt at his scabbard, found it was empty, then slumped back. The Anti-Templar rolled onto his belly and started to slowly towards a pump shotgun lying a dozen feet away, leaving a trail of blood, then quickly passed out.

Daphne moved up from the other direction, supported by Sullivan. Trejo moved up beside Peter. "Nice work. Now, let's see if this piece of shit will talk."

Jason Sinclair
 player, 93 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2012
at 03:01
Re: The Destroyer
  "He won't his kind never does. At least not enough that we can trust him. We should just put a bullet in him and call it a day. His kind will poison us and try to make fight each other. Modeen is the threat. He is the one that we should be dealing with." Jason says as he walks up.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 705 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 27 Aug 2012
at 07:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 396):

rowan nods in agreement
"Finnish it police the area for any thing usable and move on"
Jane Guin
 player, 238 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 27 Aug 2012
at 13:24
Re: The Destroyer
Jane gets up from her hiding cover after the debris quits flying around and goes over to the group, keeping alert and watching out for any strays.  When Rowan says to scan the area, and after seeing that everybody was ok, Jane just replies "I'll do some scroungin for you.  Anybody else coming?"

Jane waits to see if anybody else will join her and then starts off.
Smoker Nix
 player, 350 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 27 Aug 2012
at 14:41
Re: The Destroyer
"Sure," said Smoker, getting to his feet and lighting a cigarette. He advanced warily, alert both for anyone/thing dangerous and for anything worth scavenging.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 706 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 27 Aug 2012
at 17:19
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
Jane gets up from her hiding cover after the debris quits flying around and goes over to the group, keeping alert and watching out for any strays.  When Rowan says to scan the area, and after seeing that everybody was ok, Jane just replies "I'll do some scroungin for you.  Anybody else coming?"

Jane waits to see if anybody else will join her and then starts off.


"Be careful of and mines Jane"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 229 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 28 Aug 2012
at 02:58
Re: The Destroyer
Peter watched the anti-templar as he cursed and attempted to crawl to a weapon. He didn't attempt to stop the man, just kept his gun trained. When the anti-templar passed out, Peter chuckled and gave a shrug. He nodded at Jane's words and headed towards the remnants of the exploded hangar to see what was what, though he didn't expect to be successful. He was better at buying than scrounging.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 707 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 28 Aug 2012
at 05:20
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter watched the anti-templar as he cursed and attempted to crawl to a weapon. He didn't attempt to stop the man, just kept his gun trained. When the anti-templar passed out, Peter chuckled and gave a shrug. He nodded at Jane's words and headed towards the remnants of the exploded hangar to see what was what, though he didn't expect to be successful. He was better at buying than scrounging.


Rowan picks up the weapon that the templar was heading for.
Then steps acrooss and puts the man out of his missery, and checks the body for any info, ect.
The Marshall
 GM, 1299 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 28 Aug 2012
at 09:06
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan hefted the man's shotgun and chambered a round, flicking off the safety. Placing the muzzle against the back of the man's neck, she noted the hairs on the back of his neck, the pores on his skin. The smell of his sweat, his essential humanity. He was fallen, true, but now they'd never know if he could ever walk the path of the light, of redemption.

This act of mercy, perhaps of justice or vengeance, wasn't self-defence. Whatever it was, it was cold-blooded, deliberate.

Blood sprayed her face and hands as the Remington bucked in her hand. Her shot is heard above the roaring inferno inside the collapsing hangar. Whatever secrets Modeen's right-hand man held went with him, down to hell.

There is still a little to salvage. Shredded motorcycles litter the pavement, as do smoking bodies. The scavengers managed to quickly salvage 2 hand grenades, a smoke cannister (green) from a saddlebag, an M22 NA Assault Rifle plus 3 spare magazines from a smouldering corpse in ragged army BDUs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:40, Fri 31 Aug 2012.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 230 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 28 Aug 2012
at 19:50
Re: The Destroyer
Peter flinched when the gunshot rang out. He hadn't been expecting that. He whirled and spat out, "What the hell?? I thought we were going to try and get information out of him first? Why did you kill him like that?"
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 90 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 13:32
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 404):

Ian sees Rowan execute the Anti-Templar, he is not at all pleased at what she did but over the years he has see worse "frontier justice".  As a Law Dog, he would have like to have taken him in but what is done is done.

Ian looks around for anything that is still usable.
Jane Guin
 player, 240 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 14:55
Re: The Destroyer
Jane momentarily paused in her scrounging when she heard the gun go off.  Hearing Peter's exclamation she knows that she doesn't want to see what happened because it doesn't need to be seen.  She could put two and two together although she wasn't sure who had pulled the trigger.  She'd let Peter go investigate while she carefully scrounged more and get the information from him later.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 713 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 29 Aug 2012
at 18:26
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter flinched when the gunshot rang out. He hadn't been expecting that. He whirled and spat out, "What the hell?? I thought we were going to try and get information out of him first? Why did you kill him like that?"

Rowan looks at Peter, "My appologies" she says sincerly.
"I considered him beyond my healing and gave him a clean death"

"I did not realise you wanted to talk to him"
Roadkill
 player, 537 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 04:46
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Peter Firecrow:
Peter flinched when the gunshot rang out. He hadn't been expecting that. He whirled and spat out, "What the hell?? I thought we were going to try and get information out of him first? Why did you kill him like that?"

Rowan looks at Peter, "My appologies" she says sincerly.
"I considered him beyond my healing and gave him a clean death"

"I did not realise you wanted to talk to him"


roadkill looked on. He realises the world can change a person and looking back and asking why someone did something gets you no where.

"nice shot. You did the right thing, he was going for his gun"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:19, Fri 31 Aug 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1306 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 11:24
Re: The Destroyer
There was some more scavenging. Rowan slung the 12-ga. shotgun, it was loaded with 4 shells remaining and six more spare. She got lucky, and discovered an SA SAW (M260 LMG) loaded with a 100-round belt and a spare belt.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 11:24, Fri 31 Aug 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 715 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 10:21
Re: The Destroyer
quote:
Roadkill looked on. He realises the world can change a person and looking back and asking why someone did something gets you no where.

"nice shot. You did the right thing, he was going for his gun"


Rowan looks at Roadkill her face changing from one of surety to one of doubt as he speaks.
Did she do the right thing she wonders, should she have taken a deep breath and thought it though?
'She acted on instinct and memory of what she had seen this group do she knows that with a certainty now'.
Silently Rowan faces her own demons, she is her own judge and jury

Searching around she adds the shot gun and MG to her loot, thinking that her love may be able to use the MG on his side car

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:59, Sat 01 Sept 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 538 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 12:02
Re: The Destroyer
Sir Roadkill:
roadkill looked on. He realises the world can change a person and looking back and asking why someone did something gets you no where.

"nice shot. You did the right thing, he was going for his gun"

Rowan Dawson:
Rowan looks at Roadkill her face changing from one of surety to one of doubt as he speaks.
Did she do the right thing she wonders, should she have taken a deep breath and thought it though?
'She acted on instinct and memory of what she had seen this group do she knows that with a certainty now'.
Silently Rowan faces her own demons, she is her own judge and jury

Searching around she adds the shot gun and MG to her loot, thinking that her love may be able to use the MG on his side car


rowan looked a bit distressed at his comment. He wanted to show he supported her choice

"only reason i didn't do it is that you got there first."

roadkill walks over to the figure and kicks its foot, like you might kick your tyres to check presure.

"The only good, dark robed priest is a dead one. They have all manner of tricks. Shotgun justice"

roadkill smiles. The execution backed by the fuel fire, it was a beautiful scene to behold. Certainly sends a message to any enemy still alive. Rowan covered head to toe in blood, the icing on top.

Roadkill has a quick look around while he light up a ciggy. Probably something to grab before leaving and giving the keys back to the boss.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:39, Fri 31 Aug 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 100 posts
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 20:31
Re: The Destroyer
  "Skyeye Jaeger this is Texas Sinclair calling come on and join the party after checking the bluff run please. We might have a run amok on our hands. Texas Out." Sinclair says into his com as he beholds the scene. Nothin good ever comes from such a personality shift. This next part was gonna suck.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 716 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 31 Aug 2012
at 21:57
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  "Skyeye Jaeger this is Texas Sinclair calling come on and join the party after checking the bluff run please. We might have a run amok on our hands. Texas Out." Sinclair says into his com as he beholds the scene. Nothin good ever comes from such a personality shift. This next part was gonna suck.


HUH??
Peter Firecrow
 player, 231 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 1 Sep 2012
at 15:01
Re: The Destroyer
Peter growled in disgust and anger. He turned and walked away from the group and back to his vehicle. He busied himself with keeping an eye out for anyone coming from the directions he could see while he cleaned one of his guns.
Smoker Nix
 player, 351 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 1 Sep 2012
at 16:46
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker prowled around until he was satisfied that there wasn't anything else to scrounge...
Jane Guin
 player, 242 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 1 Sep 2012
at 17:08
Re: The Destroyer
Jane finished her scroungin, moving items to a central location for the group, and noticed that Peter had moved.  She looked and found where he had gone to and slowly walked toward him so as not to spook him.

"<sub>Hey there."  She would have said more but for some reason she stopped.  She decided it was enough for now and just stayed by his side, taking up watch on another side so that they had more coverage.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 232 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sun 2 Sep 2012
at 04:04
Re: The Destroyer
Peter glanced over as someone approached. He gave a friendly nod to Jane but didn't smile. He was still working out his frustration. She spoke up though and took a position to cover the other way. He finally let out a sigh and let go of his tension a bit.

"Hello, Jane. I am very glad you are back safely. I was worried." He smiled at her for a moment.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 272 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 2 Sep 2012
at 06:29
Re: The Destroyer
Schaeffer replied, "Peter, you better cover checking with Gilles. Your CB has the range where as my helmet radio does not. I'm on my way, now."

He proceeded directly to the burning hangar. Seeing the headless Anti-Templar lying on the pavement, he guessed Roadkill or Peter had used their shotguns to do the deed. Rowan had a shotgun now, too, but he dismissed this possibility.

"Ya, so are we ready to leave?"
The Marshall
 GM, 1309 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 2 Sep 2012
at 07:20
Re: The Destroyer
Things were quiet back with the rig, where Gilles and Barb (the Doomsayer they rescued) waited.

Marshall's Note: That is assuming Peter radios Gilles.

Among the wreckage, Smoker found a loaded NA SAW plus a spare 60-round drum. There were several sidearms, 3x M9 Berrettas (1 spare magazine), a .44 magnum S&W (no spare ammunition) a Colt M1911 (no spare mag) and sawed-off double-barrelled shotgun with three spare shotshells. There was plenty of clothing (burned), camping gear (scorched), food (charred) and a few Kevlar vests (punctured and melted). He did find several gallons of so-so looking water in plastic milk jugs.

There were several biker jackets of different sizes with Destroyers colours: DESTROYERS mc was written on the top rocker over a grinning skull logo (upside down cross in blood on forehead) and NORTH AMERICA on the bottom rocker. (A rocker is the curved scroll-like patch on the top and bottom framing the gang logo.) Sullivan knew the classic three patches meant they were (or considered themselves) a full-fledged outlaw motorcycle gang.

The fire was still roaring behind them, it was too difficult to salvage anything more. Even dangerous, as rounds started popping off.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 273 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 06:07
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 419):

Schaeffer picked up the Anti-Templar's sword. He offered it to Jason.

"Is this something your order might be interested in keeping? How about the Tabard?"

He looked around at everyone as he lit a cigarette.

"Look, what is ze next move? Where do we go from here."

Jane Guin
 player, 245 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 13:02
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 417):

Jane smiled back at Peter and gave him a small hip bump.  "I was worried for a bit too.  Look who I left you with.  I'm glad to be back in one piece."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 719 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 6 Sep 2012
at 18:30
Re: The Destroyer
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 419):

Schaeffer picked up the Anti-Templar's sword. He offered it to Jason.

"Is this something your order might be interested in keeping? How about the Tabard?"

He looked around at everyone as he lit a cigarette.

"Look, what is ze next move? Where do we go from here."


Rowan stands there looking at the fire her fingers moving in the blessing for the departed and rest for their souls.
Her voice rises and falls as she chants the blessing

 Lord of Death, they who arive  at your gates have followed many paths,
 they come to you come to you willingly, and unwillingly with eyes wide open,
 as their last moment approaches on the horizon.
 May they look upon you without fear, without pain, and knowing that those who
 walked before them, await your pressance on the other side.


She turns bows to the 4 points of the compass

O Ancient Ones, give them strength to take these final steps,
 and allow them to do so with peace and dignity.
 Let their families mourn their passing,
 and let them heal knowing they will be seen again.
 Time has passed and the Wheel has turned.
 It was time for them to move on.


Rowan bows to the departed turns and picks up the items she has found.

Hands the MG to her love, "here you go it should sit well on the side car love".
She says with a sad smile.
She empties mag out of the 45, and adds it to the bag the Pistol she leaves for any one who wants it.
Does any one want the shot gun I found she asks the group?
Peter Firecrow
 player, 233 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 01:55
Re: The Destroyer
Peter smiled back at Jane and gave a roll of his eyes at her. "I do not worry about myself. I will live or I will not. Such is this hell we inhabit. But until my time comes, I will try to live it as best as I can."

He then took care of radioing Gilles as asked for by the Colonel to let the...computer...know the situation.
Jane Guin
 player, 246 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 02:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 423):

Jane gave Peter a small smile as he reported in.  When he was done she looked at him an shook her head.  "You do not need to worry about yourself.  That is my job.  It is a job that I like to have so no complaints and no trying to change my mind.  I shall worry about you when I want."
Smoker Nix
 player, 352 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 07:31
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker came over and stood with head bowed whilst Rowan prayed. He then spread out the stuff he'd scavenged.

"Anyone want any of this? Else I'll just haul it along until we need it."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 274 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 08:15
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Hands the MG to her love, "here you go it should sit well on the side car love".
She says with a sad smile.
She empties mag out of the 45, and adds it to the bag the Pistol she leaves for any one who wants it.
Does any one want the shot gun I found she asks the group?


Schaeffer nodded his thanks.

"I am glad you are all right, you can take care of yourself but I was glad to help.

"This could go there, as well, mounted on the top of the trailer, as well."

Rowan Dawson
 player, 720 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 7 Sep 2012
at 14:30
Re: The Destroyer

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
Schaeffer nodded his thanks.

"I am glad you are all right, you can take care of yourself but I was glad to help.


Rowan Sighs
"I can, some times to well and with out due thought thats the problem I face"
" keep me straight in this love please, I could loose my self in the shear rage I feel to this group, we face"

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:20, Fri 07 Sept 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 541 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 8 Sep 2012
at 14:27
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
Schaeffer nodded his thanks.

"I am glad you are all right, you can take care of yourself but I was glad to help.


Rowan Sighs
"I can, some times to well and with out due thought thats the problem I face"
" keep me straight in this love please, I could loose my self in the shear rage I feel to this group, we face"


Butting in, even though he knows he isn't being talked to.

"She was good.. mine..fur...fre.... boss man in german."

Roadkill gives the keys of the bike back and give him a pat on the back.

"I got your back. If you feel you need to retire, us kids will look after you. Where's my truck and let's run the fuck over this anti templar"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 234 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 8 Sep 2012
at 15:58
Re: The Destroyer
Peter gave a small bow of his head to Jane. "As you wish, so are you allowed. I certainly will not stop you from watching over me. I am safer with a warrior such as you at my side." He smiled briefly and then called out to the others.

"Are we ready to go yet?" He was still unhappy with Rowan's cavalier execution of the anti-templar, but he was going to try and just move on.
Smoker Nix
 player, 353 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 8 Sep 2012
at 16:33
Re: The Destroyer
"Yeah... sure. Um. Where's the bad guy we're supposed to be sorting out? He wasn't here. Not that fellow that got offed."

Smoker sounds.. worried? Not quite sure? This is all a bit deep for a simple scavenger!
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 275 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 10 Sep 2012
at 06:30
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
Rowan Dawson:
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
Schaeffer nodded his thanks.

"I am glad you are all right, you can take care of yourself but I was glad to help.


Rowan Sighs
"I can, some times to well and with out due thought thats the problem I face"
" keep me straight in this love please, I could loose my self in the shear rage I feel to this group, we face"


Butting in, even though he knows he isn't being talked to.

"She was good.. mine..fur...fre.... boss man in german."

Roadkill gives the keys of the bike back and give him a pat on the back.

"I got your back. If you feel you need to retire, us kids will look after you. Where's my truck and let's run the fuck over this anti templar"


Schaeffer took the keys back, nodded his thanks.

"Danke shcoen. Not fuhrer, Colonel if you please!

"Let us gather what we're taking, then return to the rig."


Marshall's Note: Anyone keeping track of the salvage?
Jane Guin
 player, 247 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 12 Sep 2012
at 13:43
Re: The Destroyer
Jane walked over and started to take inventory of the stuff.

"Ok, this is what I see we have so far.  Time to decide what we want and what we don't.

I'll take the shotgun and shells that you have Rowan if nobody wants it.  That being said...I figure we have from what you found Smoker:

NA SAW plus spare 60 round drum - I'll be nice and let others have dibs on it first but it ain't going to be left here.

3 m9 berrettas but only 1 spare mag

.44 mag S&W but no spare ammo

Colt M1911 but no spare mag

Sawed off double-barrelled shotgun with only three spare shells

Some Kevlar vests if you don't mind it being a little melted and punctured

charred food - anybody like bbq?

some scorched camping gear

and well...let's not talk about the burned clothing.

If we have a means of purifying water, we also have several gallons of water in plastic jugs, not sure how they managed to escape the fire, but it only looks so so for drinkability.

Several biker jackets complete with the DESTROYERS Colours and Rockers

Rowan picked up a couple of others but between me and Kurt her stuff has been claimed.
"

Jane looked at the group and arched an eyebrow.  "Did I miss anything?  Start to claim what you want so we can move on.  That fire will be noticed."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 106 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2012
at 16:37
Re: The Destroyer
  "Since you want the long Shotgun I will take the sawed off. If no one wants the .44 S&W I will take it as a backup or the M1911. Thanks I have an idea for the use that the accursed garb and sword of the Fallen One that can bring some good." Jason says. "Kurt a word in private if you would."
Roadkill
 player, 542 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 07:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 433):

roadkill had a quick look around but didnt care too much about scavenging, that is why he let smoker tag a long.

"big guns in firering positions maybe? You guys have to use them, not me. Maybe the clothes could be used as a way to sneak in"

roadkill shrugs

"hell, back the truck up and get the rest later"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:48, Fri 14 Sept 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1314 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 07:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 434):

The Posse loaded their salvaged material into the back of the technical. Moving out, the fire behind them rose into the grey sky in a black and orange column of smoke and fire. Modeen would know something happened, but wouldn't necessarily know what had gone on.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 276 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 08:09
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  "Since you want the long Shotgun I will take the sawed off. If no one wants the .44 S&W I will take it as a backup or the M1911. Thanks I have an idea for the use that the accursed garb and sword of the Fallen One that can bring some good." Jason says. "Kurt a word in private if you would."


Schaeffer nodded and they moved aside as they others loaded the truck. As they talked, he handed the Anti-Templar's bloodstained black tabard and sword over to Sinclair. "I think that's a good idea, using these against Modeen."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 722 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 09:20
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 434):

The Posse loaded their salvaged material into the back of the technical. Moving out, the fire behind them rose into the grey sky in a black and orange column of smoke and fire. Modeen would know something happened, but wouldn't necessarily know what had gone on.


Rowan climbs pack on her bike, its been said and done.
'Time to move on and finnish this' she thinks, only in the turning of the circle can she restablish her self.
'If the group can not accept that even she makes mistakes then it is time to leave and move on runs the silent thought'.
Rowan sits calmly waiting for the rest to be ready
Jane Guin
 player, 251 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 14:48
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 437):

Jane waited for the various weapons and stuff to be distributed and then slowly walked over to Rowan.  She looked at her for a bit and just nodded.  "Know that look.  Been there, done that.  All things pass with time.  You ok?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 723 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 17:10
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 437):

Jane waited for the various weapons and stuff to be distributed and then slowly walked over to Rowan.  She looked at her for a bit and just nodded.  "Know that look.  Been there, done that.  All things pass with time.  You ok?"

Rowan Shakes her head

"No Jane i am not i did what I thought was right in that time and now I do not know,I mucked up, I know that. "And clearly some people are having second thoughts about me being around."
"I am wonding if it would not be simler to face west and keep riding"

Jane Guin
 player, 252 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 17:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 439):

Jane nodded to Rowan.  "That would be the easier route.  On the other hand if you did that you'd always be wondering.  Not sure what you'd be wondering but the doubt would start to eat at you and then before you know it...you wouldn't be you.  What has been done has been done.  You can not expect people, even yourself, to overcome it in 30 minutes or less.  It takes the brain awhile to absorb what was done and the heart even more so.  Your actions from now out will go more for reassuring those with doubt what your true intentions are."

Jane gave her a small smile.  "There was a time when most people wouldn't have given me a second chance and yet here I stand.  That is probably true for most of us here.  Shall I not offer you the same chance that someone gave me?  I cannot say that you were justified or not in what you did.  It is not me who judges and even if it were, I do not have enough facts and I was not close enough to observe.  I know that you have not done me harm and have healed me when I needed it.  Give yourself a chance to heal."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 724 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 18:09
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
Jane gave her a small smile.  "There was a time when most people wouldn't have given me a second chance and yet here I stand.  That is probably true for most of us here.  Shall I not offer you the same chance that someone gave me?  I cannot say that you were justified or not in what you did.  It is not me who judges and even if it were, I do not have enough facts and I was not close enough to observe.  I know that you have not done me harm and have healed me when I needed it.  Give yourself a chance to heal."


Rowan sighs her eyes wet

"Been there done that once, I made my peace Jane, we are as an order responsible for our own actions."
"And that is the problem with every thing I do with this group."
"The creed speaks thus at the begining"

quote:
Bide the Wiccan Laws we must
In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust
.


It ends with the warning

quote:
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill:
As Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will


Rowan Shakes her head angry now, it is not clear if she is angry with herself the others or the situation she finds her self in.
"is it always thus Jane, others here do things and are not judged yet some of us step out of line an the group judges with out question, of facts."
"You are the only one here that has talked or shown kindness to me Jane and for that I thank you".


OOC yea I know Rowan is being blinkered

Rowan looks over at where her love is

"I need some love from the one I truely love Jane and I do not think I am going to get that any time soon"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Fri 14 Sept 2012.

Jane Guin
 player, 253 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 18:49
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 441):

Jane leaned over and gave Rowan a quick hug.  "There isn't much that I can do but lend support when needed.  Is it always like this?  Not always but sometimes.  I don't want to admit it perhaps, but it is true.  Women can fight along side men.  We can even be their loves.  It is hard to be both.  If we show our feminine side than some men will think we can't fight besides them.  If we show a harder side to them, then some men think we are no longer feminine.  Your love does not necessarily think that.  It is a side that he mayhaps hadn't seen before and he has to think on it.  You might not want to wait but you must.  It will work out in the end."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 110 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 22:42
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 436):
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 277 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 22:53
Re: The Destroyer


Rowan Dawson:
Rowan looks over at where her love is

"I need some love from the one I truely love Jane and I do not think I am going to get that any time soon"


Finished with Jason, Schaeffer walked over to Rowan. Slipping his arm around her shoulders he gave her an affectionate squeeze. "Love will have to wait until after battle! You did a difficult thing, killing that biker before he could warn the others, then blowing up the fuel truck. So much for anyone to take. What happened afterwards, well, I for one find it difficult to judge. Just know that you have my love and support, we'll leave it at that. Come on, I think we're as ready to go as we can be."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 725 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 09:32
Re: The Destroyer
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan looks over at where her love is

"I need some love from the one I truely love Jane and I do not think I am going to get that any time soon"


Finished with Jason, Schaeffer walked over to Rowan. Slipping his arm around her shoulders he gave her an affectionate squeeze. "Love will have to wait until after battle! You did a difficult thing, killing that biker before he could warn the others, then blowing up the fuel truck. So much for anyone to take. What happened afterwards, well, I for one find it difficult to judge. Just know that you have my love and support, we'll leave it at that. Come on, I think we're as ready to go as we can be."


Rowan looks at Shaeffer and smiles "oh love I just wanted a cuddle" she whispers.
"I did what I did love, and for the group I will act again and again, but it does not mean I like it or that I am always right".
Rowan shudders leaning into Shaeffer, and closses her eyes.
and whispers amost sub vocal
And ye do no harm do as ye will
Jane Guin
 player, 254 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 13:48
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 446):

Jane slipped away from Rowan when Kurt showed up.  That was who Rowan really needed to see right now and she could understand that.  She had said what she wanted to and now was ready to move on.

She walked back to Peter and gave him a light hip bump.  She wasn't sure when she started to use light hip bumps as a substitute for a public hug or sign of affection.  It probably had developed over the years when she just needed a little bit of human contact and yet needed to keep her guns in her hands.
Roadkill
 player, 543 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 14:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 446):

Roadkill had no desire to help out with all the stuff people wanted. He couldn't hurt his driving hands after all. He rolls a smoke and although anxious about hanging around the biggest beckon in the area, he waited for Gilies to bring his love to him. He loved them big and dirty and missed the rig.

He lit his smoke on the fire. He wanted to get out of there and get this Modeen guy. The sooner he is gone, the sooner his nightmares might go away.

While waiting he kept away from the couples and those looking for loot. He did a body check, similar as he did before with the guy that Rowan executed, by kicking bodies and making sure they didn't move. If they did, a quick stamp down on the neck with the heel of his boot, will stop em in time. If they aren't friends then they might as well just be annoying bugs that are best to just squash.

After checking them out he heads over to Trejo and offers him a smoke. The thing about that guy Roadkill likes, is that he is fine with staying silent.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:15, Sat 15 Sept 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 354 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 15:54
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker gathered everything unclaimed up and waited for the rig. He eyed up the bikers' originals, wondering if there were any jackets small enough for him - these bikers were all wide-shouldered big guys.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 726 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 16:00
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan shudders lets ride lover and starts to sing


Oh I’d rather go and journey
 Where the diamond crescent’s glowing and
 Run across the valley
 Beneath the sacred mountain
 And wander through the forest
 Where the trees have leaves of prisms
 And break the light in colors
 That no-one knows the names of
 And when it’s time I’ll go and wait
 Beside a legendary fountain
 Till I see your form reflected
 In it’s clear and jeweled waters
 And if you think I’m ready
 You may lead me to the chasm
 Where the rivers of our vision
 Flow into one another
 I will watch you dive beneath
 The white cascading waters
 he may beg he may plead
 he may argue with her logic
 And then mention all the things I’ll lose
 That really have no value
 In the end he will surely know
 I wasn’t born to follow


Rowan rides over to join the main group
Looks them over and says
"Only in the darkneess the light "
"Only in the silence the word"
"Bright the above ones love for us all.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 235 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 17:41
Re: The Destroyer
Peter was content to let the others scavenge. The leftovers didn't seem to be in particularly good shape at this point anyway. He was glad Jane went and talked to Rowan. Just becaue he didn't like what she did, that didn't mean the group was trying to get rid of her or hated her.

When Jane came back and gave him a hip bump, he shook his head slightly. He put arm around her and gave her a squeeze. He was under no compulsion to avoid public displays but neither did he want to be the next Rowan and Colonel. He pulled his arm back after the hug.

"That was a nice thing you did."

He then climbed into the technical once the loading was done and they were ready to go. He started up the engine.
Jane Guin
 player, 255 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 17:52
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 451):

Jane climbed up into her spot behind Peter and smiled.  She liked it when Peter gave her hugs and displayed affection.  It was hard to figure him out at times and it made up for it.  She looked into the rear view mirror of the technical and saw Peter's eyes.  Her smile didn't go away for a long time.

She was where she needed to be and for now was as content as she could be.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 278 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 16 Sep 2012
at 07:41
Re: The Destroyer
"Ya, let us ride now. It has been a long day for some of us, much riding, and it'll be longer still before we're done.

"Let's head back to where we parked the truck, make some plans. Then deal with the Destroyer."


He waited while Rowan mounted up, then kicked the replica BMW to life.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 727 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 16 Sep 2012
at 08:20
Re: The Destroyer
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
"Ya, let us ride now. It has been a long day for some of us, much riding, and it'll be longer still before we're done.

"Let's head back to where we parked the truck, make some plans. Then deal with the Destroyer."


He waited while Rowan mounted up, then kicked the replica BMW to life.

 Rowan grins "ride boldy ride love" and follows the rest out of the killing fields
The Marshall
 GM, 1319 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 08:01
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 454):

The posse got back on the Interstate, leaving the orange and black column of fire in their rearview mirrors. As they travelled, two things became clear:

  1. They would not get close to the rig on the Interstate.
  2. At some point they would have to get off and travel north to Eden.
  3. The Interstate rolled south past the base of Skeleton Butte, in full view of any watchers.

Roadkill
 player, 547 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 11:12
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 455):

Roadkill, knowing a thing or two about the roads had an idea of heading  from the north

"I'm pretty sure that we are going to want to head north and head south to the butte. Farms and other stuff to make it safer for all i think"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 730 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 11:14
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 455):

Roadkill, knowing a thing or two about the roads had an idea of heading  from the north

"I'm pretty sure that we are going to want to head north and head south to the butte. Farms and other stuff to make it safer for all i think"


 Rowan nods "I do not know this area Road kill so lead on if you know a good route"
Smoker Nix
 player, 355 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 11:15
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker had scrambled back up to his usual perch, a bit more awkwardly than hitherto.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 236 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 19:38
Re: The Destroyer
Peter frowned. "It is really too bad we don't have the means to turn a road ambush back upon them. They would very easily be drawn out to attack us as we passed the Butte, leaving almost no one behind I would guess." He didn't have anything to add to the actual plan, however, so quieted down.
Trejo
 NPC, 86 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 09:13
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 455):

Roadkill, knowing a thing or two about the roads had an idea of heading  from the north

"I'm pretty sure that we are going to want to head north and head south to the butte. Farms and other stuff to make it safer for all i think"


Trejo stopped his bike, so they could gather and discuss the options.

"If we continue along the Interstate, we'll go past the Butte. We can just take the road we came in on, that bypasses Skeleton Butte to the north, then once we meet up with the rig in Eden, go south to assault the Butte."


quote:
Peter frowned. "It is really too bad we don't have the means to turn a road ambush back upon them. They would very easily be drawn out to attack us as we passed the Butte, leaving almost no one behind I would guess." He didn't have anything to add to the actual plan, however, so quieted down.


"That's an idea. I could go up alone, call Modeen out. Say Simon is waiting for him someplace nearby. Then ambush his posse when they leave the Butte. Assuming he bites."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 279 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 08:38
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 460):

Schaeffer slung his massive rifle on his back while eating a MilRat for some energy.

"It would be best for me to get into position first. Then I could provide long-range support. Or, I could man one of the new guns that we salvaged, mount it on top of the trailer.

"Everyone, perhaps it would be good to eat something. Get some energy."

The Marshall
 GM, 1321 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 10:00
Re: The Destroyer
It was about 3-4 hours until sunset... when Modeen would kill his next victim.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 111 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 10:09
Re: The Destroyer
   "Okay couple of questions here guys.
 First how long and how would you set up in front of the butte to provide your usual cover fire?
  Second are we seriously gonna have Trejo ride ahead and call Modeen out by himself? I have doubts about that plan, but let's say sure.
  Third this is more statement than question we need to act and act soon it is nearly dark and Modeen will kill again.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 732 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 17:21
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 463):

"Give me a short while and I will have an answer for you"
"I might be able to get one or two people close to our target with out raising alarm, I need to check a spell book"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 237 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 28 Sep 2012
at 01:51
Re: The Destroyer
Peter shook his head. "That is not what I was proposing. Trejo made a suggestion expanding on what I said. Also, it was an idle comment since we don't have a lot of manpower compared to them." Pause. "It takes only a few moments to set the machinegun down somewhere, but it takes a bit of time to get it unhooked from the truck. It's much better to fire it in the truck when possible as that takes no set up time, merely driving to where we need it. We do, however, then have to either make the truck less visible or not worry about that at all depending on the situation."
Roadkill
 player, 548 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 28 Sep 2012
at 14:10
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 465):

Forgetting that they were driving..... Roadkill brings the truck to a stop with the others.

"Trejo is a man mountain but i'm not sure even he can take on everyone at once."

Roadkill looks towards the truck

"Why not mount two of those guns up top and give my passenger something big to fire. Turn Petes gun around so it faces forward and charge in tandem. The bikes can then follow the colonial as they flank the enemies position."


Clearly Roadkill seems excited about having a battle truck spraying more bullets, than the crap people spit out when arguing.

"We as the hammer, smashing into them, you guys flanking, Ha, I guess that could mean Trejo could be the anvil if he really wanted."

The Marshall
 GM, 1324 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 08:57
Re: The Destroyer
They arrived at Eden's ruins using the back roads. They could see Skeleton Butte occasionally in the distance, but there was enough remaining vegetation and trees to block line-of-sight so the likelihood of them being seen was low.

Once at the rig, Rowan was able to quickly get her spell book, the one she rescued from the bone cathedral in Wichita.

Inside was what she remembered: a spell that could transform someone into something else, even someone's specific likeness. This required the usual hunt for spell components and ingredients. Of course to assume a specific person's likeness she would need something belonging to them, preferably something biologically-related like hair, toe or fingernail clipping... blood, brain matter.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:10, Sat 29 Sept 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1325 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 09:04
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 465):

Trejo nodded to Peter, in wary appreciation.

"Thanks for getting what I meant. I volunteered to lead the charge not because I was suicidal but because there didn't seem to be a better idea."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 734 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 09:13
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
Rowan was able to quickly get her spell book, the one she rescued from the bone cathedral in Wichita.

Inside was what she remembered: a spell that could transform someone into something else, even someone's specific likeness. This required the usual hunt for spell components and ingredients. Of course to assume a specific person's likeness she would need something belonging to them, preferably something biologically-related like hair, toe or fingernail clipping... blood, brain matter.


Blood she has Rowan grimances slightly at her still sticky state.
and places some in a container as she changes.
"Okay guys and ladies as I understand this the only way of ending this is to kill the anti templar with the blade and that means getting close."
"Okay I can help some one with that".
"I can change some one into the likeness of theanti templar we killed, and that may give him the chance to get in close while the rest of us create havoc"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 280 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 09:27
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 469):

"I will get into position ahead of time to make use of my rifle ahead of time.

"The .50-cal is a great weapon but due to weight is hard to use on the attack if not mounted on a vehicle.

"I am confident the rig and the technical will have little problem with the bikes of the Destroyers. Properly armed, they will provide an overwhelming punch. They will be our "schwerepunkt"."


He looked impressed at Rowan's news.

"This should be helpful! Perhaps a distraction while the other vehicles move in? Get someone in close with the sword?"
Smoker Nix
 player, 357 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 10:10
Re: The Destroyer
"What can I do?" asked Smoker.
Roadkill
 player, 549 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 11:44
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
"What can I do?" asked Smoker.


"you know what to do smoker. How better can you protect yourself up top.  Maybe you want to be able to strap yourself on, It could get bumpy."

Directing to the colonial.

"So you going to find a position and snipe their sharp shooters?"


Back to smoker

"Can we crash in with the truck and have some of the riders in the trailer? Maybe it might be sweet to be able to let them out of the trailer when we get into the camp. Could keep them safe too. Maybe even take off the doors so it is easier to get all the prisoners in"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 238 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 1 Oct 2012
at 05:02
Re: The Destroyer
Peter listened impassively. "Keep in mind, if we are not bursting into their camp, if we are on the road during a fight, we will likely have to deal with repelling boarders to our vehicle. If we do burst into their camp then they will all be together and may or may not be more disorganized."

He frowned in thought, but then shrugged. "But we do not have a lot of time so I suggest we decide on whether we are luring them out or taking the fight to them as we cannot easily do both ways without splitting our already-smaller force."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 281 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 07:34
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
Directing to the colonial.

"So you going to find a position and snipe their sharp shooters?"


"That is the idea, ya. I should be going, soon."

Wearing his Ghillie suit he looked like a large, mobile bush. Carrying a huge sniper rifle.
Trejo
 NPC, 87 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 07:44
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter listened impassively. "Keep in mind, if we are not bursting into their camp, if we are on the road during a fight, we will likely have to deal with repelling boarders to our vehicle. If we do burst into their camp then they will all be together and may or may not be more disorganized."

He frowned in thought, but then shrugged. "But we do not have a lot of time so I suggest we decide on whether we are luring them out or taking the fight to them as we cannot easily do both ways without splitting our already-smaller force."


"I prefer hitting them in camp. Surprise is also good, if we crash the camp and then have a few people on bikes shoot out the back, then they'll wonder what hit them.

"Remember, Modeen is already expecting Simon, so maybe we can take advantage of that."

Jason Sinclair
 player, 112 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 12:00
Re: The Destroyer
 "Rowan can you make me look like the anti-Templar except slightly burned? It is kinda part of the plan I have brewing."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 735 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 17:30
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"Rowan can you make me look like the anti-Templar except slightly burned? It is kinda part of the plan I have brewing."

Rowan considers
" Yes I think so, need to find a few ingreedients"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 113 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 17:57
Re: The Destroyer
  "What do you need Rowan to make this idea work?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 736 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 20:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 478):

Rowan smiles a little Sadly - guilty, "His blood which I have already"
"A little time to cast the spell the think is Jason this is a spell i have never used before, I do not know for sure how long it will last"

Jason Sinclair
 player, 114 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 22:16
Re: The Destroyer
    "I understand Rowan, but if we time this right we can kill Modeen with minimal effort. I owe Aaron that much. The fact is I owe a lot of people that much. If we time you guys hitting the camp to when I should get there or rather shortly after it won't matter. It needs to hold only that long. No longer. Do you think it will last that long?"
Roadkill
 player, 551 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 02:47
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter listened impassively. "Keep in mind, if we are not bursting into their camp, if we are on the road during a fight, we will likely have to deal with repelling boarders to our vehicle. If we do burst into their camp then they will all be together and may or may not be more disorganized."

He frowned in thought, but then shrugged. "But we do not have a lot of time so I suggest we decide on whether we are luring them out or taking the fight to them as we cannot easily do both ways without splitting our already-smaller force."


"Yeah maybe keeping it as you are use to might be the best. Lets you cover us on the retreat."

Roadkill smiles as he thinks about.

"I'm sure you could fly in and do a 180 hand brake and cover all as the prisoners get onto the truck"

For an unknown reason Roadkill put on a Austrian accent as he said that.

"anyway, this all sounds like a pretty good idea. You going to go ahead of us Jason or maybe from another angle with your anti templar gear on?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 738 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 05:00
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
    "I understand Rowan, but if we time this right we can kill Modeen with minimal effort. I owe Aaron that much. The fact is I owe a lot of people that much. If we time you guys hitting the camp to when I should get there or rather shortly after it won't matter. It needs to hold only that long. No longer. Do you think it will last that long?"


Okay it will take about 6 hours to gather the ingreeients and make the potion
Smoker Nix
 player, 359 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 07:14
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker checks what is required and starts scavenging, muttering to himself and chain-smoking.
Roadkill
 player, 552 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 12:17
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Jason Sinclair:
    "I understand Rowan, but if we time this right we can kill Modeen with minimal effort. I owe Aaron that much. The fact is I owe a lot of people that much. If we time you guys hitting the camp to when I should get there or rather shortly after it won't matter. It needs to hold only that long. No longer. Do you think it will last that long?"


Okay it will take about 6 hours to gather the ingreeients and make the potion



"whoa back the potion truck up. we only got a few hours. we dont have time for this. one more person will be dead."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 740 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 18:02
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
Rowan Dawson:
Jason Sinclair:
    "I understand Rowan, but if we time this right we can kill Modeen with minimal effort. I owe Aaron that much. The fact is I owe a lot of people that much. If we time you guys hitting the camp to when I should get there or rather shortly after it won't matter. It needs to hold only that long. No longer. Do you think it will last that long?"


Okay it will take about 6 hours to gather the ingreeients and make the potion



"whoa back the potion truck up. we only got a few hours. we dont have time for this. one more person will be dead."


Rowan shrugs
"More people searching the quicker it will be".
"If I can not make it quickly then we come up with another idea"

Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 94 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 18:03
Re: The Destroyer
Ian says, "If another set of eyes can help get this done quicker, I can help.  I just want us ready to go soon enough so we can stop the next hostage from being killed."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 282 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 00:17
Re: The Destroyer
quote:
"More people searching the quicker it will be".
"If I can not make it quickly then we come up with another idea"


A Ghillie-suited Schaeffer resisted the urge to take Rowan in his arms, instead embracing her with his free arm.

"My love, I must go now. It is best I use what time there is to get into position. If Modeen and the Destroyers are up on the high ground, it makes my job more difficult. Best of luck, I will keep my radio on and try to remain in contact."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 741 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 09:33
Re: The Destroyer
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
quote:
"More people searching the quicker it will be".
"If I can not make it quickly then we come up with another idea"


A Ghillie-suited Schaeffer resisted the urge to take Rowan in his arms, instead embracing her with his free arm.

"My love, I must go now. It is best I use what time there is to get into position. If Modeen and the Destroyers are up on the high ground, it makes my job more difficult. Best of luck, I will keep my radio on and try to remain in contact."


Rowan wriggles briefly if Scaeffer's embrace kissing Him on the cheek, "go with the goddess love and may her blessing watch over you"
Rowan gets to work
Trejo
 NPC, 88 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 10:06
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 488):

"Before you move out, cowboy, some things to consider.

"Only Aiken's sword can kill Modeen. I don't know if bullets will be that effective. After all, Simon's number two, Aaron, stabbed him through the chest with a sword thrust, Modeen just laughed, pulled it out, and used it to stab him back. He might be almost invulnerable.

"That don't mean we still can't affect him. He can still be knocked down, knocked over. We can tangle him up, maybe he'll have a hard time if a couple people are holding his arms? Slow him down for Jason to stab him with Aiken's sword? He's also vain, got a temper. We can distract him verbally, bluff him, taunt him, even try to spook him a little. Get inside his head, mess 'im up."


He looked around.

"I suggest we divide into two groups. Those that are going with Jason on bikes dressed as Destroyers, and the "chasers" in the technical and rig. I'm going in with Jason. There are no women in the gang, so Jane and Rowan are out of the first group. "
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 284 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 10:07
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan wriggles briefly if Scaeffer's embrace kissing Him on the cheek, "go with the goddess love and may her blessing watch over you"
Rowan gets to work


"May God go with you, too."

Schaeffer shook hands with the others, wishing them luck.

"Auf wedersehn, may fortune favour our efforts."

Goodbyes said, he moved off. Sniper rifle was slung across his back, suppressed M4 carbine in hand.
Jane Guin
 player, 257 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 12:45
Re: The Destroyer
Jane listened and nodded to the various plans.  "Can't say I'm disappointed that there are no women in that group.  Even with being disguised he won't be easy to take down and keep down.  It just don't work out that easy.  Anyway, you know where I prefer to be and where I'm best used.  When the rest get figured out I'll be ready."
Smoker Nix
 player, 362 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 12:57
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker wandered back and dug out the biker originals he'd scavenged.

"Whoever fancies playing biker had better see which one fits best..."
The Marshall
 GM, 1331 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 10:07
Re: The Destroyer
With the help of the others, the scavenging took Smoker around 3 hours to gather all the necessary ingredients for the spell. There were ingredients to make about 2 castings of the transformation spell. (Of course, they could make 1 copy of the anti-Templar and one of another biker, or 2 of the anti-Templar.

They had about an hour and a half before sundown.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:33, Sat 06 Oct 2012.

Trejo
 NPC, 89 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 493):

"Remember, try to get Modeen's axe away from him. Insult him, bluff him, trick him. Stuff like that, try to make his life harder!"

"Rowan, you got 2 uses of the spell. I guess Jason's going as the anti-Templar. You should change my face as well, Modeen knows me. Hey, has anyone got something of Simon's? He's waiting for Simon to show up, why disappoint him?"

Smoker Nix
 player, 363 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 11:33
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker hung around, more fascinated by the prospect of magic than he'd care to admit.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 742 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 12:18
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo:
"Rowan, you got 2 uses of the spell. I guess Jason's going as the anti-Templar. You should change my face as well, Modeen knows me. Hey, has anyone got something of Simon's? He's waiting for Simon to show up, why disappoint him?"</Blue>


Rowan nods working on getting the first casting done so that jason goes in looking like the Anti Templar she killed, then works on alltering Trejo so that he can go in as well.

"go with speed both you need to be in and out in an hour"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 116 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 13:16
Re: The Destroyer
   "Rowan you will need this." Jason says as he hands Rowan a lock of hair. "It's Simon's and don't ask how I got it please."
Trejo
 NPC, 90 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Played by Richard
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 13:19
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
   "Rowan you will need this." Jason says as he hands Rowan a lock of hair. "It's Simon's and don't ask how I got it please."


Trejo looked impressed.

"Yeah, that'll do. Rowan can make me look like Simon. That'll be sure to distract him."
Roadkill
 player, 553 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 13:34
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 498):

"Ok you guys sort that out and me and smoker will get the truck ready"
Smoker Nix
 player, 364 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 13:43
Re: The Destroyer
"Right," said Smoker, lighting up and heading off towards the rig.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 743 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 17:30
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo:
Jason Sinclair:
   "Rowan you will need this." Jason says as he hands Rowan a lock of hair. "It's Simon's and don't ask how I got it please."


Trejo looked impressed.

"Yeah, that'll do. Rowan can make me look like Simon. That'll be sure to distract him."


Rowan grins and uses the hair to cast the spell
The Marshall
 GM, 1334 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 09:22
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 502):

Rowan finished her spell.

Jason and Trejo looked at each other. To Jason, Trejo looked like Simon, although he could tell there was something off.  To Trejo, Jason looked like the anti-Templar they'd recently killed. It was uncanny.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:22, Mon 08 Oct 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 747 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 09:23
Re: The Destroyer
Looks at the results
"Gentlemen "she says with a smile "The clock is running you have one Hour"
Making sure the rest hear her

This message was last updated by the GM at 09:23, Mon 08 Oct 2012.

Trejo
 NPC, 91 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 09:38
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 503):

Looking, if not sounding, like Simon, Trejo crossed himself and said, "okay, this bruju is muy loco. Just might work. This is how I see things:

"So me and Jason are riding up to see Modeen on bikes. Make up some story about how there was a big fight, everyone died. Which is true. I will challenge him to a duel. Stall for time.

"In the technical, Peter drives, Jane mans the Ma-Deuce. Sullivan rides shotgun, firing out the front passenger window with the SA SAW (M260). (There is a post mounted on the hood for this.)

"In the Rig, Roadkill drives. Smoker's front gunner on the trailer with the NA SAW (M249) on a post mount. Barb the Doomsayer we rescued is up there too. Daphne rides in the cab with Roadkill.

"That leaves Rowan. She could be in the truck cab with Roadkill. Or she could follow on her hoverbike, so she can heal whoever needs it in either vehicle, but this is pretty risky."


Trejo was just making a suggestion, if anyone had a better idea he wanted to hear it!

Marshall's note: I think you got a couple frag grenades and a smoke grenade from the Destroyers you already killed, anyone want to use those? Also, is the rig going first or the technical?
Daphne
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 09:41
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 504):

Daphne nodded in agreement. She looked over at Roadkill and smiled a little, the first time anyone'd seen her do it. "Didn't quite think you were gonna saddle up, cowboy. Guess I was wrong. Fast Eddie would have been proud to see you."

She took the NA assault rifle (M22) and ammunition for herself, along with an M9 for backup. She also put on one of the salvaged Kevlar vests for protection.
Barb of Doom
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 09:44
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Daphne (msg # 505):

Barb, the Doomsayer they rescued, was feeling a lot better after some rest and recharging from the Glow. She also grabbed a Kevlar vest ("Hey, even the Glow needs a hand sometimes!") and a sawed-off shotgun in a thigh holster plus dozen shells for when she didn't want to waste a Nuke.

"Ready to rock! May the Glow bless us all and guide us on the righteous path. LET'S KICK SOME DESTROYER ASS! Praise the Glow!"

She was indeed looking a lot better. Barb looked like a punker, with a short pink Mohawk, sleeveless t-shirt, ragged shorts and combat boots.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:15, Mon 08 Oct 2012.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 117 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 10:34
Re: The Destroyer
   "Didn't we salvage a few grenades. If we did I could use them to sow some sort of confusion inside the group." Jason just smiles at that.
The Marshall
 GM, 1337 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 10:50
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 507):

Sinclair is handed the 2 frag grenades, green plastic spheres. Trejo really looks like Simon, he seriously can't tell the difference.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 748 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 20:28
Re: The Destroyer
Looking, if not sounding, like Simon, Trejo crossed himself and said, <Blue>"okay, this bruju is muy loco.

"In the technical, Peter drives, Jane mans the Ma-Deuce. Sullivan rides shotgun, firing out the front passenger window with the SA SAW (M260). (There is a post mounted on the hood for this.)?</Orange></quote>


Rowan "With the Technicals crew I will join them and take theMg along in case it is needed".
"That way we have extra fire power as needed and First aid ready on site".
"Trickster can stay back here with the colonels bike and mine"

Jane Guin
 player, 258 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 20:47
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 509):

Jane nodded.  "Sounds like a plan to me."  She was still a little uneasy about how one person could look like another but then she didn't understand how Rowan did the stuff she did anyway.  Jane went to the technical and climbed in.  She was ready as she'd ever be.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 119 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 21:18
Re: The Destroyer
In a gravelly distorted voice Jason says "Something tells me that this is gonna go one or two ways for us Trejo. Fun or craptastic."
Trejo
 NPC, 92 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 05:16
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan "With the Technicals crew I will join them and take theMg along in case it is needed".
"That way we have extra fire power as needed and First aid ready on site".
"Trickster can stay back here with the colonels bike and mine"


Trejo pointed out, "think that Sullivan should really use the M260 you found, firing out the front. Better use for it. Unless you want to ride in the cab and do it yourself?"

It was uncanny, Trejo really looked like Simon, at least from the quick look she'd gotten.

This message was last updated by the GM at 05:16, Tue 09 Oct 2012.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 239 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 03:57
Re: The Destroyer
Peter's eyebrows shot up and his eyes widened at the look-alike spell. It was...very odd to see Simon (who he had met briefly) speaking with a Mexican accent. In other circumstances, it might have been comical. Like a badly dubbed film.

He glanced at Jane when the technical's part was announced. If she was riding with him, he would drive. He gave a nod. "I do not have a better idea, so yes, let us go."
Trejo
 NPC, 93 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 05:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 513):

Trejo caught Peter eyeballing him, then realised what it was. He looked at his face in the truck's side mirror. "Madre de Dios. Lot more handsome than me!"
Roadkill
 player, 554 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 15:12
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 513):

Trejo caught Peter eyeballing him, then realised what it was. He looked at his face in the truck's side mirror. "Madre de Dios. Lot more handsome than me!"


Overhearing Trejo. Roadkill knew he had one job to do and no real time to joke around but
"No one is as rugged and handsome as you Trejo."

Roadkill laughed and then stopped. No more jokes. He started the truck and and sat there, waiting for the bikes to head off. Roadkill knew some wouldn't come out of this alive.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 Player, 96 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 16:38
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo:
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan "With the Technicals crew I will join them and take theMg along in case it is needed".
"That way we have extra fire power as needed and First aid ready on site".
"Trickster can stay back here with the colonels bike and mine"


Trejo pointed out, "think that Sullivan should really use the M260 you found, firing out the front. Better use for it. Unless you want to ride in the cab and do it yourself?"

It was uncanny, Trejo really looked like Simon, at least from the quick look she'd gotten.



Ian looks over the M260, "I have no issue using this, I will ride shotgun.  The mount should be able to keep it steady"

Ian does a quick check of the M260 and see how it feels on the mount.
The Marshall
 GM, 1338 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 09:28
Re: The Destroyer
Sinclair tried the M260 he borrowed from Rowan. The SA SAW was stable enough on the pintle (post) mount on the right side of the hood. As he had to flip down the armoured shutter to fire the gun out the front, he would be a little more vulnerable to incoming fire.

Schaeffer reported he was in position, on top of the Butte itself, in relatively close proximity to the Destroyers, but that's just the way it was as there wasn't a lot of room up there. He was located near the house where the hostages were kept, if he got the opportunity he'd try and release them.

"Simon" and the "Anti-Templar" mounted up. The two frag grenades and one smoke heavy in Jason's pocket.

In the technical, Peter drove with Sullivan riding shotgun (M260), Jane manning the Ma-Duece (protected by the gunshield) with Rowan in the rear protected by the all-around armour. Roadkill drove the rig with Daphne beside him, M22 mounted on the pintle on the truck's bonnet. Smoker in the front trailer fighting position armed with the captured M249 SAW, behind the gunshield. Barb o' Doom was with him as well.

Rowan's hoverbike, the Colone's sidecar and the other bikes were hidden back in the abandoned town of Eden. If things went to Hell, Eden was that the Colonel called the "rally point". The survivors would attempt to meet there, then try to use the bikes to make it to Boise.

Marshall's Note: Sullivan's borrowing Rowans' SAW, as he's up front in the technical. I can't really see Rowan volunteering for such a dangerous position! She's in the rear of the technical with Jane.
Jane Guin
 player, 259 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 13:20
Re: The Destroyer
Jane looked at Rowan and gave her the usual nod of accepting her in the back of the technical.  "Hang on Rowan.  This might be a tad bumpy.  No offense to your work but something tells me it won't be as easy as they want it to be.  Did anyone ever tell you that you do some spooky work sometimes?   Good work...but spooky."

Jane gave Rowan a half smile so that Rowan would know that spooky or not, Jane still considered Rowan to be an ok person.  That was saying a lot for Jane for she didn't give her friendship to everybody.
Trejo
 NPC, 94 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 13:47
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
In a gravelly distorted voice Jason says "Something tells me that this is gonna go one or two ways for us Trejo. Fun or craptastic."


"It's gonna get ugly. Especially when this face-job wears off!

"You want to escort me in, or chase me, or whatever?"

Rowan Dawson
 player, 749 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 17:43
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
Jane looked at Rowan and gave her the usual nod of accepting her in the back of the technical.  "Hang on Rowan.  This might be a tad bumpy.  No offense to your work but something tells me it won't be as easy as they want it to be.  Did anyone ever tell you that you do some spooky work sometimes?   Good work...but spooky."

Jane gave Rowan a half smile so that Rowan would know that spooky or not, Jane still considered Rowan to be an ok person.  That was saying a lot for Jane for she didn't give her friendship to everybody.


Rowan smiles "you lot do thats for sure" she answers with a smile and a short laugh.
"Wait till i decied to run on all four feet Jane"
"There is a spell I want to try one day that allow me for a short time to be an creature"<Green>"
Rowan considers for a moment
<Green>""Look the MG I boght along is ready to go but I have never used it, i will stick to my AK, As to our two heros you are correct there are way to many variables, all I have done is try to stack the deck a little in our favour."

Jane Guin
 player, 260 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 17:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 520):

Jane nodded to Rowan.  "Turn into a creature?  Make it a friendly one.  I'd have to take down a friend."

She looked at Rowan.  "It's about time we have a little bit of that luck on our side.  Of course the pendulum swings both ways and what is ours this time might not next time.  Hopefully it is still on our side of the swing."

Jane paused for a bit and then her curiosity got to her.  "Sooo, what kind of animal were you thinking of?  Or doesn't your magic let you decide."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 750 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 19:20
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 520):

Jane nodded to Rowan.  "Turn into a creature?  Make it a friendly one.  I'd have to take down a friend."

She looked at Rowan.  "It's about time we have a little bit of that luck on our side.  Of course the pendulum swings both ways and what is ours this time might not next time.  Hopefully it is still on our side of the swing."

Jane paused for a bit and then her curiosity got to her.  "Sooo, what kind of animal were you thinking of?  Or doesn't your magic let you decide."



Rowan considers thinking about what was written in the book she had retrieved from the temple.
"I get to decide, not sure exactly how it works yet got to find that out."
"As to type oh I would love to fly".
"So far i have learnt how to talk to trickster my coyote friend".
"And just cast the transformation spell for the first time"

Rowan gases out ahead, "as the balance only at the end of all things does it finally decide, until then what we do each day, changes tomorrow and echoes down through the years"
"You know Jane since I joined this group I have grown in so many ways"

"I am glad to have you as a friend though, stops me making to many mistakes"
Jane Guin
 player, 261 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 19:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 522):

Jane bowed her head to Rowan and then chuckled.  "I'm not sure how I've stopped you from making too many mistakes.  I still haven't learned how to stop myself from doing that.  As for flying...just keep in mind one word....'pull'.  Many people find it easy to shoot at things that fly."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 751 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 21:59
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 522):

Jane bowed her head to Rowan and then chuckled.  "I'm not sure how I've stopped you from making too many mistakes.

"by simply being your self friend."
"your being as you are helps"



I still haven't learned how to stop myself from doing that.  As for flying...just keep in mind one word....'pull'.  Many people find it easy to shoot at things that fly.
"


Rowan "now thats true people love to shoot first and ask questions later"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 120 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 22:14
Re: The Destroyer
  "I was thinking to have you play the part of my prisoner. That would be the way I would do it if it were me. I plan on setting off the grenades prior to the spell wearing off."
Jane Guin
 player, 262 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 22:47
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 524):

Jane looked at Rowan and shrugged.  She still didn't see it but if it helped a team member than that was good enough for now.  "Glad I can help then.  Sooo, be careful when you cast that.  I don't have many friends.  Don't want to lose any more."

Jane did, however, smile at the line about some people like to shoot first and ask questions later.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 240 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 05:50
Re: The Destroyer
Peter waited quietly. He didn't like having someone in the cab of his truck with him really, well someone that wasn't Jane. But he didn't comment on it, and even helped him get settled in. He sincerely hoped this plan wasn't going to get them killed. "Here goes nothing, and everything."
Trejo
 NPC, 95 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 06:16
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  "I was thinking to have you play the part of my prisoner. That would be the way I would do it if it were me. I plan on setting off the grenades prior to the spell wearing off."


Trejo/Simon scratched his head in puzzlement.

"We're riding in on bikes. How's me being your prisoner going to work? We could borrow the Colonel's sidecar. Sure he won't mind!"
The Marshall
 GM, 1339 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 18 Oct 2012
at 01:23
Re: The Destroyer
As there didn't seem to be a better idea for faking taking Simon prisoner, Trejo was "tied up" in the BMW's sidecar. "Remember, the point is to call Modeen out. If he just walks over and geeks me then I'm going to be pissed. Awright, let's go!"

They checked out Jason's headset radio, so that they could all remain in contact (Jason/Trejo, the rig/technical and Schaeffer). The bike roared off, while the rig and technical waited and then followed a ways back. The separation depended on if they wanted to be "chased" in hot pursuit or "trailed" a little further back.


Marshall's Note: Which scenario do you prefer? All arrive basically at once or keep a few minutes separation between the two groups?
The Marshall
 GM, 1345 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 05:25
Re: The Destroyer
The posse got ready to go in, waiting at a small farm about a mile away.

There were two ways up Skeleton Butte:

The front way, which was a paved road leading off the Interestate to the south. Or, there was a 1-lane dirt track leading up the rear of the butte. The technical could climb it but the rig would have some trouble, if the trailer was still attached. If it was just the tractor (cab) then it would be a lot easier.

Jason and Trejo were taking the BMW/sidecar up the front way. The rest of the posse could follow the same way or go up the rear way.

https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.036969,0.055189

Marshall's Note: You should decide which way you're going, the front (paved road off the Interstate) or the rear (dirt track up the rear). As well, you can detach the trailer and hide it at the farm, Smoker and Barb then join Roadkill and Daphne in the cab, Smoker using the SAW from the cab's passenger-side roof hatch (there is a ring mount there now, courtesy of Misha the Junker in Near Wichita) while Barb and Daphne cover the sides.

I need to know: 1) which route (front or rear) and 2) whether the trailer is going or not. I prefer you discuss IC!

Rowan Dawson
 player, 753 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 09:40
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
The posse got ready to go in, waiting at a small farm about a mile away.

There were two ways up Skeleton Butte:

The front way, which was a paved road leading off the Interestate to the south. Or, there was a 1-lane dirt track leading up the rear of the butte. The technical could climb it but the rig would have some trouble, if the trailer was still attached. If it was just the tractor (cab) then it would be a lot easier.

Jason and Trejo were taking the BMW/sidecar up the front way. The rest of the posse could follow the same way or go up the rear way.

https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.036969,0.055189


Rowan "keep the vehices toghter for the attack that way each suports the other"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Mon 22 Oct 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 555 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 10:07
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 531):

"C'mon, this is a truck. Straight road, flat terrain. That is why we coming in from the north and theres nothing worse than getting stuck and bogged down because one leading vehicle goes down or a tree cuts the path. Flanking wins every day and we can distract them if your guys plan goes wrong"

Roadkill shakes his head.

"Trucks on a hill, Stick to your magic"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 242 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 04:09
Re: The Destroyer
Peter looked to Roadkill. "Are you taking the trailer with you then? Nothing worse than not being able to turn easily hauling a long box behind your rig, is there?" He raised an eyebrow and then smiled.
Barb of Doom
Wed 24 Oct 2012
at 22:06
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan "keep the vehices toghter for the attack that way each suports the other"


They were in the farm, waiting out the last few minutes.

Barb, the Doomsayer that the Posse rescued from hanging the day before, chimed in.

"I have another idea. I agree that maybe the trucks should go in the front way, support each other. (Maybe you should drop the trailer, maybe not.) I'm kind of a third wheel or whatever, on that trailer. How about I borrow Rowan's hover-bike, come in from the rear? I can take care of myself, and most of the attention's going to be on the front entry to the orchard area. I might be able to sneak in close enough to Flashblind Modeen. Won't kill him, but it could make things a lot easier!

"I'll also need to borrow Smoker's radio, so I can communicate and let people know to cover their eyes."


She was looking a little worse for the wear, a young woman with facial-piercings and a purple Mohawk. She wore a Kevlar vest and was armed with a sawed-off shotgun, courtesy of the now-dead bikers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:35, Wed 24 Oct 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 367 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 25 Oct 2012
at 12:09
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker looked down from his perch.

"Whatever... if we leave the trailer, where am I to go? If I'm with others, then Barb can have my radio, sure."
Roadkill
 player, 557 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 26 Oct 2012
at 02:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 535):

Looking to smoker.
"Dont you worry. The trailer goes where I go. Who bothers to drive a truck without a trailer anyway. It is a great place to put injured people in a retreat."

Directing his words to all in ear shot.

"I drive trucks all the time, I know when to go fast and when to slow down on corners, be it with a trailer or not. This is silly, you guys ride your bikes. Lets go. quit pissing about"

Barb of Doom
Fri 26 Oct 2012
at 03:50
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 536):

Ready to saddle up on Rowan's hoverbike Barb just laughed it off.

"Aw, there you are, all excited, ready to explode! Hope it's not too soon. You guys start your run now, we're going a different route anyways."

Hand on hip she turned to Rowan. "You want to ride, honey? It's your bike."

OOC: Yeah, what exactly are Peter and Roadkill waiting for? The hoverbike isn't going to follow them. Trejo and Jason are already gone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:22, Fri 26 Oct 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 756 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 26 Oct 2012
at 09:01
Re: The Destroyer
Barb of Doom:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 536):

Ready to saddle up on Rowan's hoverbike Barb just laughed it off.

"Aw, there you are, all excited, ready to explode! Hope it's not too soon. You guys start your run now, we're going a different route anyways."

Hand on hip she turned to Rowan. "You want to ride, honey? It's your bike."

OOC: Yeah, what exactly are Peter and Roadkill waiting for? The hoverbike isn't going to follow them. Trejo and Jason are already gone.


Rowan raises her eye brow.
" thats the general idea"
Rowan grins and sings

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the posse.

And climbs on the bike, and waits for her passanger to mount.
Rowan settles the Ak across her front, where she can get to it
Jane Guin
 player, 267 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 26 Oct 2012
at 13:58
Re: The Destroyer
Jane looks at Peter via the mirror.  "We going to join the fray?  Not that I don't mind quiet time with you but those crazy cahoots will probably need us."

She then thumps the top of the technical's roof and smiles.  She quickly settles in and grabs on in case Peter decides to take off like a bat out of hell.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 244 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 27 Oct 2012
at 05:32
Re: The Destroyer
OOC: We were waiting for Roadkill to say if he was leaving the trailer or not and then everyone assumed we were just sitting there. Lol.

Peter didn't answer. He let his truck do the talking for him. He merely rolled his eyes, started up the truck and drove off after the others. He let Roadkill take the lead for the moment.
The Marshall
 GM, 1356 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 07:23
Re: The Destroyer
As the sun began to draw closer to the horizon, the posse split up with the intention of meeting at their destination, Skeleton Butte and the grim orchard. Modeen would be waiting, under the Templar's Tree.

Schaeffer filled them in on the area. The orchard entrance was on the west, the direction of the road. The hostages were kept, tied up, in the small house (guest cottage?) at the northeastern edge of the grove, closest where Rowan and Barb would be coming. There were 5 Destroyers guarding them, but he didn't think there were any actually inside the cottage. The Templar's Tree was at the eastern end of the grove. Modeen and what looked like 3 other anti-Templars waited in front of it. There were a further 15 Destroyers scattered around the orchard.

First went the replica BMW/sidecar Jason with Trejo as his "prisoner" coming up from the west and then the south. Behind them came the technical, followed by the rig. Rowan and Barb mounted the hoverbike and split off, heading the opposite direction to come up the dirt track on the north side.


Trejo
 NPC, 96 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Wed 31 Oct 2012
at 07:00
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 541):

Sitting in the passenger seat, Trejo noted the entire area seemed to be filled with Destroyers. About 20, like the colonel said, plus Modeen and his personal bodyguard of 3.

"Hope this works, take us in real easy and head for the tree where that puto Modeen is waiting."
The Marshall
 GM, 1358 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 2 Nov 2012
at 05:19
Re: The Destroyer
Jason/Trejo:

At the top of the hill, Jason and Trejo rode into the orchard, heading for the Templay's tree.

Hefting his axe, Modeen greeted them with a laugh. "HA! Gregory, I was getting a little worried.

"As for you, Simon, you let a lot of innocent people get hurt and die for your Saints and your Damned code.

"Gregory, bring him over to this stump, 'cause he who lives be the sword shall die by the axe."


He pointed to a stump near the base of the Templar's Tree, used for chopping firewood.

The Rig/Technical:

The other two vehicles started up the hill, technical in the lead with the rig following. The paved road was in poor shape but drivable. It wound up the south side of Skeleton Butte, and they could see some abandoned houses but not the orchard from where they were.

Rowan/Barb

Waiting for the signal, Rowan eased the hoverbike to the base of the hill but on the north side. They were hidden behind some overgrown bushes. If they were to go before the distraction started they'd lose the element of surprise. From here on up it was just a faint pair of muddy tire tracks leading up the rear of the hill, passing under the edge of the bluff where the house containing the hostages sat at the end of the orchard.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 757 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 2 Nov 2012
at 10:27
Re: The Destroyer

Waiting for the signal, Rowan eased the hoverbike to the base of the hill but on the north side. They were hidden behind some overgrown bushes. If they were to go before the distraction started they'd lose the element of surprise. From here on up it was just a faint pair of muddy tire tracks leading up the rear of the hill, passing under the edge of the bluff where the house containing the hostages sat at the end of the orchard.
</quote>

rowan
"I think on foot and crawling don't you"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 245 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 3 Nov 2012
at 16:36
Re: The Destroyer
Peter followed the plan as he headed towards the Butte. He didn't want to arrive too early or too late for the "party" or ruin the timing of the plan. He glanced back at Jane in the rearview mirror, wanting to see her face before things got started for just a moment. He nodded to himself. Today was a bad day to die so he planned on avoiding that for both he and Jane.
Roadkill
 player, 558 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sun 4 Nov 2012
at 03:44
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 545):


driving over the road wasnt to bad, at least it wasnt a dirt track, that would probably end up snapping or bending something down below.

"at least the trees are in a nice row, just enough to smash our way to the hostages"
Barb o' Doom
Sun 4 Nov 2012
at 05:13
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
"I think on foot and crawling don't you"


In order to peer over the brush they were hiding behind, Barb stood up on the rear passenger pegs of the hoverbike.

"Or, we can wait until the fireworks start and then drive this here hovercontraption up the rear of the butte? Kinda the whole point, eh?"
Daphne
Sun 4 Nov 2012
at 05:16
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 545):


driving over the road wasnt to bad, at least it wasnt a dirt track, that would probably end up snapping or bending something down below.

"at least the trees are in a nice row, just enough to smash our way to the hostages"


Beside him, Daphne smiled and snugged her M22 rifle into her shoulder as she aimed out the passenger-side firing port.

"No kidding! We'll be there in no time, I'm getting out when we stop. Someone's gotta actually free the hostages!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:57, Sun 04 Nov 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 559 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sun 4 Nov 2012
at 12:00
Re: The Destroyer
Daphne:
Roadkill:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 545):


driving over the road wasnt to bad, at least it wasnt a dirt track, that would probably end up snapping or bending something down below.

"at least the trees are in a nice row, just enough to smash our way to the hostages"


Beside him, Daphne smiled and snugged her M22 rifle into her shoulder as she aimed out the passenger-side firing port.

"No kidding! We'll be there in no time, I'm getting out when we stop. Someone's gotta actually free the hostages!"


listening carefully and nodding, roadkill contacts smoker up top on the truck

"right smoker, make sure you cover Daphne when she gets out to free the masses. i will only get out if need be to hold them off. our job is the prisoners. the bikers are enough for the destroyer."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:57, Sun 04 Nov 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 368 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 4 Nov 2012
at 14:39
Re: The Destroyer
"Understood," said Smoker, wishing all this was over.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 758 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 5 Nov 2012
at 06:17
Re: The Destroyer
Barb o' Doom:
Rowan Dawson:
"I think on foot and crawling don't you"


In order to peer over the brush they were hiding behind, Barb stood up on the rear passenger pegs of the hoverbike.

"Or, we can wait until the fireworks start and then drive this here hovercontraption up the rear of the butte? Kinda the whole point, eh?"


2Okays can do"
Roadkill
 player, 560 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 5 Nov 2012
at 13:42
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
"Understood," said Smoker, wishing all this was over.


The glorious Roadkill waited for Pete to go and then he would charge forward, waiting for nothing and only stopping at what was believed to be where the hostages were. keeping between the northern and trees to the trees in the middle looked like a good way to go, roadkill thought.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 124 posts
Wed 7 Nov 2012
at 16:11
Re: The Destroyer
  As Modeen orders Jason in his disguise gets Trejo up and moving to the tree as soon as he gets there he palms a smoke grenade and drops it. Then he kicks it to the left hopefully a good ways.
Trejo
 NPC, 97 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Thu 8 Nov 2012
at 05:35
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 553):

Trejo lets himself be led to the stump, where Modeen will presumably lop off his head.

"I challenge you to a duel, you coward!"
Brad Modeen
Thu 8 Nov 2012
at 05:40
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo:
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 553):

Trejo lets himself be led to the stump, where Modeen will presumably lop off his head.

"I challenge you to a duel, you coward!"


Although Trejo (as Simon) issued a challenge in a voice that would have cowed most men, Modeen merely paused and hefted his axe.

"All right, you want a duel? You got it. Gregory, let him go, give him his sword back, or give him yours if he doesn't have one."

Marshall's Note: Let's have a "Sleight o' Hand" roll from Jason, as he's palming the smoke grenade! Some things are working for him (his body is covering his actions) but some are working against (there are people watching from the other angle although they're a ways away, it's not a small object and it makes noise as he pulls the pin and the spoon flies off). Ugh, it's unskilled. Where's Aikin's sword? In the sidecar? On Jason?

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:41, Thu 08 Nov 2012.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 247 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 8 Nov 2012
at 06:11
Re: The Destroyer
Peter didn't like waiting. In fact, he hated the waiting. The buildup of tension as one KNEW things were about to become crazy and insane and violent...but for the moment there was nothing, absolutely nothing going on. He tapped his thumbs on the steering wheel as he counted...and waited.

As soon as it was time he threw the technical into gear and headed towards the "point of violence" with all due haste.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 759 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 8 Nov 2012
at 06:30
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter didn't like waiting. In fact, he hated the waiting. The buildup of tension as one KNEW things were about to become crazy and insane and violent...but for the moment there was nothing, absolutely nothing going on. He tapped his thumbs on the steering wheel as he counted...and waited.

As soon as it was time he threw the technical into gear and headed towards the "point of violence" with all due haste.


As Rowan hears the roar of the technical, she turns to her passanger," Ready friend her we go."
Jane Guin
 player, 268 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 8 Nov 2012
at 14:12
Re: The Destroyer
Jane could sympathize with Peter on the waiting part.  She loved the down time but that in between time sucked.  Hurry up and wait.  Ugh!

When Jane felt Peter kick the technical into gear to take off, she adjusted her position and when she was in range, she would open up.  Hopefully the others would be able to keep to the plan also and it wouldn't end up a huge clusterfuck for her side.
The Marshall
 GM, 1361 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 13 Nov 2012
at 06:55
Re: The Destroyer
Things suddenly got very confusing.

Modeen was distracted by "Simon's" challenge and didn't quite clue in to what Jason was doing. He only asked, "Gregory, what's going on? Let him go!"

The roar of truck engines echoed through the grove. Panic ensued as the Destroyers caught sight of the technical with rig close behind running hell bent for leather up the road and through the entrance of the grim orchard. There were targets to the left and right of the gate (Destroyers diving for cover behind the fence and the trees) but no one in the middle area except for a massive black-haired man (Modeen?) down at the end, dressed in some kind of elaborate body armour and carrying an enormous axe.

Jason and Trejo were off to his left. Trejo was bent over a stump as if his beheading was rudely interrupted. Three other Anti-Templars were seated nearby, just in the act of getting up.

One of the other Anti-Templars behind Modeen saw the grenade drop and started to rise from where he was sitting, intending to shout a warning. Instead, he coughed blood and then sat back down, toppling over. The other two anti-Templars grabbed their weapons and moved towards Modeen. A second man stumbled and fell, leaving Modeen with only one anti-Templar remaining. Modeen finally noticed the other two anti-Templars had been picked off by sniper fire.

"Shit! Sniper! The bastard can't hurt me, but Gregory, you and Tracy get Simon and put him in the house with the other hostages. We'll use him as a shield to get these bozos to let their guards down or back off. Now move it!"

Smoke from the grenade started to billow around them, obscuring them from the technical/rig (and vice versa). "Now what?!"

Down the backside of the hill, Rowan started the hoverbike moving up the dirt track.
Roadkill
 player, 561 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 14 Nov 2012
at 02:51
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 559):

Racing in towards the shack roadkill kept low in his seat, hoping that he might run some down, before coming to a stop and grabbing both guns and firing out the windows at whatever moved, but clearly only at enemies.

"Ha ha, run you bastards or die!"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 760 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 14 Nov 2012
at 05:54
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 559):

Racing in towards the shack roadkill kept low in his seat, hoping that he might run some down, before coming to a stop and grabbing both guns and firing out the windows at whatever moved, but clearly only at enemies.

"Ha ha, run you bastards or die!"


On the slope behind Rowan picks up speed to deliver her passanger on time
Smoker Nix
 player, 369 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 14 Nov 2012
at 09:48
Re: The Destroyer
Up on his perch, Smoker scanned for targets...
Jane Guin
 player, 269 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 14 Nov 2012
at 14:55
Re: The Destroyer
Jane searched for a target and prepared to fire.  She silently cursed the dual edge sword of smoke since while it gave them cover, it also obscured her vision for a direct hit.  Still she would do her best and she had confidence in Peter getting them in and out when he needed to.
Daphne
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 20:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 563):

Daphne let loose with a couple bursts from her M22 as they rolled through the orchard. Emptying the magazine, she reloaded. When Roadkill stopped, she hopped out as well, following him in the hopes of freeing her loved ones. "Let's go!"
Brad Modeen
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 21:28
Re: The Destroyer
The vehicles stopped just off to Modeen's right, but there was now a cloud of smoke partially obscuring what was going on.

"Gregory, get fucking moving! I think they're going for the prisoners, take Simon to the house and hold him there."

Modeen hefted his axe and started striding into the smoke towards the stopped vehicles, looking for someone or something to cleave.
The Marshall
 GM, 1365 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 21:45
Re: The Destroyer
A thick cloud billowed out from Jason's M18 smoke grenade, candy-cotton pink.

Stopping in front of the house where the hostages were being held, the technical and rig couldn't quite see Modeen due to the smoke screen. Smoker saw a guy right in front of the technical aiming a shotgun at Jane. Jane saw him, as well as 2 guys off to her left. Roadkill and Daphne dismounted behind the technical, using it for cover.

In behind the house, Rowan and Barb managed to dismount and cross the fence without being spotted. Everyone's attention was on the cloud of smoke and the now-stopped armoured vehicles in the opposite direction. There was no rear door, just a front door.

Modeen and his surviving crony Anti-Templar were moving towards the vehicles, leaving Jason (as "Gregory") to haul "Simon" into the house with the other hostages.

Schaeffer lined up on the two closest bikers, dropping both them with a single aimed head shot. Jane saw the two Destroyers off to her left suddenly collapse, a pink mist the only signature of the Colonel's attack.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 762 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 06:22
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 566):

Rowan targets the surviving anti templar with Modem while Barb casts
Smoker Nix
 player, 370 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 07:24
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker let off a round at the fellow aiming at Jane. Can't be having that!
Jason Sinclair
 player, 130 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 08:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 566):

"Hey Brad you dipshit! You are so easily fooled aren't you. They are going for the prisoners. Matter of fact so am I. So why don't you put down your axe and come quiet like. You don't have to die. Jail and eventually a Templar Tribunal where you will be found guilty because you are and then lawfully executed. The old Brad Modeen would never have done this. He wouldn't have killed Aaron. Aaron was a friend. For that alone you deserve to die. The old saying of One Riot. One Ranger! is true. Only problem is I'm the only Ranger around. So I guess I will have to do. Now drop the fucking axe and reach for the sky or prepare to meet your damned Reckoner Masters. Tell them that Jason Sinclair is still around and still hunting their minions. Tell them I will find a way to defeat them! I am taking this world back Modeen if it's the last thing that I do!" Jason yells at the Destroyer as he walks towards the pink smoke.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 251 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 20:20
Re: The Destroyer
Peter couldn't really leave the truck. Well, he couldn't far from it, he supposed. They might have to leave in a hurry and he wouldn't want to be caught with his pants down, figuratively-speaking. He had his armor on and his helmet as well. He pulled out the Tokarev machine-pistol and made sure the auto-shotgun was on the seat beside him. He lined up to shoot any of the men near them in case Jane didn't.
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 NPC, 97 posts
 RCMP
 GRC
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 04:43
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 570):

When they drove in, Sullivan fired a couple bursts at the Destroyers near the entrance to the orchard. They scattered. Then the technical came to a stop, Rig beside it.

Seeing that there 2 other guys in front of them, Sullivan figured Jane had the bozo in front of them covered.

"Jane, take out that ass-clown in front of us. I got the guys behind him!"

He aimed the M240 and let 'er rip, ignoring the closest biker to take out the 2 behind him.
Brad Modeen
 NPC, 1 post
 Anti-Templar
 The Destroyer
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 06:31
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 566):

"Hey Brad you dipshit! You are so easily fooled aren't you. They are going for the prisoners. Matter of fact so am I. So why don't you put down your axe and come quiet like. You don't have to die. Jail and eventually a Templar Tribunal where you will be found guilty because you are and then lawfully executed. The old Brad Modeen would never have done this. He wouldn't have killed Aaron. Aaron was a friend. For that alone you deserve to die. The old saying of One Riot. One Ranger! is true. Only problem is I'm the only Ranger around. So I guess I will have to do. Now drop the fucking axe and reach for the sky or prepare to meet your damned Reckoner Masters. Tell them that Jason Sinclair is still around and still hunting their minions. Tell them I will find a way to defeat them! I am taking this world back Modeen if it's the last thing that I do!" Jason yells at the Destroyer as he walks towards the pink smoke.


Modeen seemed stunned, eyes widening in shock and... fear? This wasn't Gregory or Simon in front of him, this was something completely unexpected!

"God Damn you to Hell, whoever you are! You to, Trejo, federale bastard! I'm outta here!"

Dropping his axe, he sprinted for his motorcycle. Jumping on it he gunned it to life.

Marshall's Note: At this point the disguises are dropped. He probably doesn't know Jason personally but knows Trejo.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:06, Wed 28 Nov 2012.

Barb o' Doom
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 07:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Brad Modeen (msg # 573):

Barb decided that Modeen was the bigger threat. Instead of targeting the anti-Templar beside him, she hit the big guy himself. With Flashblind!



On his bike, Modeen howled, "Ahhhh! I can't see!" and grabbed his head. His surviving companion did the same, sinking to his knees.
The Marshall
 GM, 1371 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 07:25
Re: The Destroyer
Beside Barb, Rowan was unable to fire her AK at the anti-Templar near Modeen, as Jason and Trejo were in the way. Trejo sprung up from where he was kneeling, drawing his hidden machete. He sprinted towards Modeen and tackled him from his bike.

"Now, Jason! Hit him now!"

Over by the house, the other posse members made short work of the five closest Destroyers standing in front of them. The bikers were butchered like hogs by short range machine-gun fire. There was a flash on the other side of the smoke cloud that threw the trees and house into stark relief.

Unfortunately, the three remaining bikers near the house retreated inside in a panic, then shut the door.

Behind them, in the direction of the entrance, the half-dozen bikers they blew by were regrouping and starting to move towards them.


Marshall's Note: these are the guys to the left on your map. You bypassed them on the way in, they aren't yet out of the fight! There are still two more groups in the other corners but you can't see them.

Everyone make new Quickness checks, new turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:41, Fri 30 Nov 2012.

The Marshall
 GM, 1372 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 05:51
Re: The Destroyer

Rowan Dawson
 player, 764 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 10:16
Re: The Destroyer
Everyone make new Quickness checks, new turn.</Orange>
</quote>


Rowan will take a look at the structure of the hut to see if she can get the hosages free
The Marshall
 GM, 1373 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 06:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 577):

Turning aside from where Jason and Trejo struggled to subdue a much more powerful opponent than they, Rowan looked at the building beside her. It was of pre-war manufacture, a small bungalow. The windows and rear/side doors were all boarded up, although there was some long-ago fire damage to the roof.

It looked like they would have to go through the front door to get to the hostages.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 765 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 06:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 578):

Unoless it becomes nesserry, Rowan will wait for help before entering.
She will check behind to make sure that no one is moving up on her that she needs to deal with
Barb 'o' Doom
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 06:42
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 579):

Drawing her sawed-off shotgun, Barb started running towards where Modeen and Trejo were fighting on the ground.

"C'mon, Rowan! If we wait until Modeen's on top to get involved it'll be too damn late!"

Holding an Action
Peter Firecrow
 player, 254 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 18:40
Re: The Destroyer
Peter will hold his position for the moment and shoot at anyone that seems to be coming too close to them, or is firing on them and DOESN'T get taken out by the others with him.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 766 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 19:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Barb 'o' Doom (msg # 580):

Rowan follows hrad on barbs tracks to back her up
Holding an action
Jason Sinclair
 player, 135 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 23:31
Re: The Destroyer
  Jason charges towards Modeen and draws Aiken's sword and stabs the head Anti-Templar with it.

OOC: Quick draw and Fightin:Sword were a 7.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:35, Mon 03 Dec 2012.

The Destroyers
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 05:34
Re: The Destroyer
The bikers behind them continued moving in, some firing on the run (inaccurately).

Those Destroyers in the house closed and locked the front door, the only way in or out. A rifle barrel poked out a boarded-up window.

"Stop right there or we'll start killing the prisoners!"

Modeen's remaining Posse member kept heading for Montana, running the opposite direction.
Brad Modeen
 NPC, 3 posts
 Anti-Templar
 The Destroyer
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 05:49
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 583):

Moldeen drew his SMG and shot Trejo with it as they struggled on the ground. (He holds an Action.)

When Jason attacked he easily twisted out of the way. (Rolled 25 to Dodge.)
Trejo
 NPC, 98 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 05:56
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Brad Modeen (msg # 585):

Grunting as the bullets slammed into him, Trejo drew his trusty machete from beneath his long coat. He held onto Modeen with his super-strong legs, preventing him from getting up and escaping.

"Pendejo!" he grunted.

Using it he slashed not at Modeen's body (as he couldn't harm him, even with a supernatural weapon) but at the SA SMG instead. His blade connected, shearing the weapon in half in a shower of sparks!

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:37, Thu 06 Dec 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 568 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 13:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 586):

Roadkill slowly moved the truck forward towards the shack. Making sure he avoided Pete's pickup.
Driving slowly and always being able to change over to Gilles if need be, RK kept one hand on the wheel and the other on his shotgun out the window. Anyone that looks like they might mount his rig will get a shot load up the ass.
Roadkill was here to get the hostages out after all and to stop those freaky dreams.

Driving slowly and carefully to Shake.
Mossberg 500 (8/8) in left hand
One held card?

Peter Firecrow
 player, 255 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 00:38
Re: The Destroyer
Peter quietly muttered to those near him. "Do we have a plan for getting in to the hostages?"
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 NPC, 99 posts
 RCMP/GRC
 Law Dog
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 10:49
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter quietly muttered to those near him. "Do we have a plan for getting in to the hostages?"


Sullivan, closest to Peter, observed RK moving the truck forward, leaving Daphne alone to rescue the hostages herself. (Although this maybe wasn't RK's real intent, it sure looked dodgy to the Mountie!) He shook his head.

"Sweet Lord, apparently not. OK, have Jane cover the rear, you cover the house with this machinegun, I'll help Daphne. If you see Modeen hose him down."

Leaving Rowan's GPMG where it was, attached to the post on the passenger side hood facing forward, Sullivan wrestled the heavy armoured door open. Grabbing his borrowed M4 carbine, he pulled back the charging handle to chamber a round, then snugged the stock into his shoulder.

"You! Inside the house! Come out with your hands up in the name of the law!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:49, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

Daphne Dupree
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 11:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Sgt. Ian Sullivan (msg # 589):

It also occurred to Daphne she didn't like being left to tackle freeing the hostages alone. "Shit, thanks a lot Roadkill!"

As the truck moved by her, she hopped up on the running board under the driver's side door and hung onto the window slot.

"Hey! Bring it in close, so maybe Smoker can jump on the roof and find a way up there!"
Smoker Nix
 player, 374 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 11:47
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker heard that. It made sort of sense, even if he didn't relish the prospect.

"OK - get the truck over there and I'll see what I can do," he called down from his perch.
Brad Modeen
 NPC, 4 posts
 Anti-Templar
 The Destroyer
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 11:54
Re: The Destroyer
With a mighty heavy, Modeen threw Trejo off of him.

Before Jason could react, he sprang up and was running towards the smoke.

Suddenly, the engine noise of the rig changed pitch and it surged forward, into sight, crushing one of the bikes parked in front of the house (and the corpse of a downed biker to boot). Modeen rubbed his eyes, as the flashblinding was making it difficult to see.

"Ah, perfect! My ride is here!"

Leaping up, he dove through the open passenger door to the rig's cabin, sitting in the place Daphne had recently vacated. "Nice truck, mind if I borrow it? Get the fuck out dipshit! NOW!"

Roadkill looked over and saw he was staring down the black pupil-like barrel of an SA 12.7mm SMG equipped with a laser sight. Presumably, this was Modeen. He was a large muscularly handsome man with numerous facial scars, dressed in some kind of heavy body armour painted black (now well worn). He seemed to be missing his famous axe.

There was something wrong with Modeen's eyes. There seemed to be glowing(?) pinpricks in the centre of them, which for all the world looked like little miniature mushroom clouds! Whatever they were, they seemed to be affecting his vision as he swung his head back and forth a little, as if trying to see out the corner of his eyes.

Marshall's Note: Roadkill has a hole card saved. He can try and outdraw Modeen (I assume he re-holstered his weapon when he remounted, else Modeen would grab it where it lay). Rowan can also try and intercept Modeen (she hasn't taken her action so I'll count it as held). In both cases, you would need to beat Modeen in a raction test (Quickness vs. Quickness). Jason, Peter and Smoker are all considered to have a held action from last turn (I won't assume this is true after now) and also move after Modeen. They must target Modeen through a vision slit as he's inside the truck's cab, if they can see him at all.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:39, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

The Destroyers
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 12:52
Re: The Destroyer
The groups left behind at the SW and NW corners of the orchard still advanced, firing. The shots went wild, but one did pingoff the rear armour plate welded to the technical's fold-down tailgate.

Modeen's last surviving Anti-Templar still ran full speed to the Southwest, looking for an escape. The group of 4 bikers to the SE continued to close the distance, also firing. Most of their shots went wild, but some unfortunately did not. Barb collapsed on her knees with a "Aagh! I been shot!", clutching her side. Although she was wearing a Kevlar vest, a bullet had pierced the side between the plates, just above her hips.

Another burst of buckshot chewed up the ground beside Rowan, but missed her.

Inside the house, someone yelled back a reply to Sullivan's demand for surrender, "FUCK YOU, PIG! Come in and get us!"

A second later, Roadkill's rig crunched over one of the parked bikes with a crash, a big one that was chopped and loaded. The heavy rig crushed and flattened steel, crumpling chrome and popping the rubber tyres, headlights smashing. Roadkill saw that there was a mascot mounted above the front lights, a severed dog's head (still fresh).

Inside the house voices cried, "Dawg, that trucker killed your bike, HE KILLED YOUR FUCKING BIKE!" "Fucking bastard, he's gonna pay for that! Open the Goddamn door now! Macht schnell!"

The door opened and a massive figure wearing an open leather vest over a massive chest, spiked steel WWI-style German helmet on his head. He had long blond hair and thick beard, and there was a tattooed portrait of Adolf Hitler on his chest surrounded by a wreath and gothic writing in German (probably something about the Fatherland or Aryan purity, etc.). As he came out the door he was pulling the pin on a hand grenade...

Marshall's Note: Or, you can spend your held action to deal with this clown! Using a hole card you can move your actions to any card if you've not yet acted (Jason, Peter, Smoker). If you have acted (Roadkill, Rowan) your hole card allows you another single action. Again, to beat someone on their Initiative Card you have to make an opposed Quickness check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:58, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 258 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 00:42
Re: The Destroyer
Peter growls as someone hits his truck, not him but his truck! But he turns when he hears the commotion up ahead. He grimaces and calls out, "Someone help Roadkill!"

He ignores everything else to focus on the man with the grenade and attemps to shot the hand/wrist with the grenade in it so it won't go back into the house behind him.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 286 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 05:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 595):

"This is Jaeger, I haff the Tangos to your west covered, just get the hostages. over!"

Seeing the hoarde of bikers running towards the posse from across the orchard, but Jane not reacting for some reason, Schaeffer lined up one and fired. The .338 Lapua Magnum bullet took his head off. His body ran a few more steps before keeling over, not knowing it was dead. The shot was suppressed and although there was still a sound it was diffused and he was careful to throw what little echo there was off the distant building. To his targets the man's head just exploded for no reason.

Pulling the bolt back and catching the spent round in one smooth action, Schaeffer smiled as he lined up his next shot in the scope. Another trigger pull and a second man's head exploded. The last two bikers in that group immediately hit the dirt in panic, each crawling in a different direction back the way they came.

When he heard the grenade's detonation, he swore, "scheisse! What happened?"

Marshall's Note: Of the 4 bikers in the upper left, 2 are down and the other 2 are now retreating.


The Marshall
 GM, 1389 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 07:58
Re: The Destroyer
It was almost impossible to aim through the vision slit at Modeen but she had to try. Rowan's Eldritch blast, a green flaming skull, slammed into the front of the cab and bounced off.

Hoping to cut down the biker before he threw his grenade, Peter's Tokarev bucked in his 2-handed grip as he braced the machine-pistol against the steering wheel and pulled the trigger. Three spent brass casings clattered around in the armoured cab of the truck as the BRAAP! assaulted his ears.

He was aiming at the biker's hand in mid-swing just before he released the grenade, in order to make him drop it or alter it's intended trajectory but hopefully not roll back inside.

The big bastard was just too quick. His arm whipped around and released the projectile just before a 9mm bullet from Peter's burst took him in the throwing hand, blowing a hole clean through it. He grimaced and yelled in pain but the dull green metal ovoid sailed through the air, bounced, rolled and then disappeared under the front of the truck. "Ha! Take that, assholes!"



Seeing this, Daphne yelled "grenade!" and dropped off the driver's side door. She dove behind the nearby bike, as it was the only cover around.

Standing beside the technical, Sullivan brought his M4 up but couldn't get his shot off in time. Instead, he vaulted over the technical's side armour into the bed, dragging Jane down with him. "Incoming!"



Caught between a rock and a hard place, Roadkill finally recognised the voice. He'd heard it every night in his dreams, the nightmares he'd been having since before Boise, of the faceless man with red eyes, taunting him at the end of the world for not choosing a side. Time slowed down, almost stopped, then he decided it was time to quit this stupid game.

He threw open his door. On the far side of the cab, Smoker leaped onto the roof and swung over the side but lost his balance, hanging on the side of the cab by the mirror and the outside of the passenger door.

A smirk spread across Modeen's face as he seemed to be recovering from the shock Jason had given him. "Too bad, fuckface, we coulda worked sooooo well together. Time to die, shit-head..." Laughing, Modeen pointed his SA Commando SMG at Roadkill's head and pulled the trigger. The cab was filled with the bright muzzle flash and savage bark of a 3-round burst.

Things were moving very slowly indeed, it seemed. A loud ZWEEEEEEeeeeppp! screamed by his right ear and he felt his trucker's cap flip off his head, hot breeze riffling his hair. Then he was down on the ground, wondering if he was dead, and if so, why it sucked so much. His hat landed next to him, rear plastic band smoking and half shot-away. He must have turned his head and lunged out the driver side door just at the right moment.

There was a CRUMP! beside him as the grenade detonated, although, strangely, Roadkill didn't quite seem to hear it (although everyone else did). The force of the explosion lifted the cab up off the ground and it slammed back down with a crash! Roadkill felt a massive hand slam into him, blowing him over and over like a rag doll. The driver's side door crashed down beside him, the front hood landed a few feet away with a clang he didn't hear.

Greenish flame whoooofed! out from under the cab beside Smoker. He'd been blown off the side of the cab onto the ground, but was otherwise unhurt.

End of turn, Quickness checks needed!

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:08, Fri 14 Dec 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 379 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 10:47
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker sat up and looked around, trying to get his breath back and figure out who was where...
Jason Sinclair
 player, 137 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 18:23
Re: The Destroyer
  As Modeen jumped into the cab of Roadkill's rig one thought went through Jason's mind, but before he could act the Saints did what he was thinking for him. Praise be to the Saints! Now to finish the bastard.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 261 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 21:20
Re: The Destroyer
Peter let out a string of vehement curses as he missed the timing on his shot. He ended his growl with a small yelp of surprise as he saw Roadkill's truck get very badly damaged. He was glad it wasn't HIS truck, but he felt bad for Roadkill. At least the man was still alive, though!
Brad Modeen
 NPC, 5 posts
 Anti-Templar
 The Destroyer
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 11:03
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 600):

Modeen bailed out of the truck's cab as the green flames shot out from underneath. Running over to his axe, he scooped it up, the faced Jason, face grim.

"All right, Squire, get ready to meet my old friend "Despair"."

As sure as death, Modeen advanced. His black battle axe (which indeed had Despair inscribed on it) whistled around in a series of lightning swings.

Card: Ace (5 Actions)

Holding a Card


Marshall's Note: He rolled 7, 7 for a pair of attacks. I'll be nice and say that Jason's lack of action last turn constitutes a held card, which he can (and really should) use to dodge.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:23, Tue 18 Dec 2012.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 287 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 11:44
Re: The Destroyer
Realising that whatever was happening near the Posse was out of his hands, Schaeffer continued taking out the other bikers closing in on them. That way they could concentrate on the main objectives: killing Modeen and rescuing the hostages.

Shifting fire to the far group moving through the orchard to the southwest, he continued "servicing the target". It was like shooting fish in barrel, 2 more headshots through the powerful x12 starlight scope, 2 more hot spent brass caught in his hand as he pulled back the bolt. The last 2 of the far group of 4 also went to ground.


Card: Ace (5 Actions)
Holding a Card

Marshall's note: There were 8 bikers to your west (on the left side of the map) in basically 2 groups of 4. Schaeffer waxed 2 of each group, the 4 survivors are all now hugging the ground for dear life!

Following is a video of a British sniper in action with a surpressed rifle, note him catching the spent brass with the hand he uses to work the bolt:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEYYPYXUewE
Daphne Dupre
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 11:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 602):

Picking herself up from behind the fallen motorcycle where she was taking cover, Daphne ran to the door of the rundown house, firing as she ran.

Holding down the trigger on the M22, the bullets traced a line across the front of the house and up the body of the biker standing in the door, 1 in the belly and 2 in the chest (punching through Adolf's face, to be exact).

The very surprised biker coughed and spewed blood, falling forward. Clearly surprised at her own success, Daphne vaulted over him and disappeared into the house. "Yaaaaah! Die, motherfucker!"

Card: King (2 Actions)
Holding a Card

The Destroyers
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 12:01
Re: The Destroyer
The remaining 4 bikers in the western section of the orchard were all kissing the dirt for dear life, not understanding where Schaeffer's deadly but unseen and unheard (in the chaos of the fight) were coming from. A couple started to crawl away to the west, trying to escape, the other 2 merely tried to get as small as possible behind the trees, impossible as they didn't know the direction of Schaeffer's incoming fire.

From inside the house came the sounds of a desperate struggle, presumably between Daphne and the 2 remaining bikers inside. Gunshots rang out.

Meanwhile, 4 more Destroyers were closing in on where Rowan stood beside Barb. 1 was armed with a double-barrel shotgun, 1 with a lever-action rifle, another with an NA Commando SMG and the last with a revolver and axe. They fired as they ran towards them. A few rounds from the Commando whizzed by Rowan's head as the biker fired it on full-auto... ZIP! ZIP! ZIP!


Card: King (2 Actions)
Holding a Card

Note: the Destroyers move on the same card as Rowan but went first (and none hit).

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:02, Tue 18 Dec 2012.

Smoker Nix
 player, 381 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 13:07
Re: The Destroyer
Still a bit confused, Smoker decided to head for the hostages...

Seven (1 Action)
No held card

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:27, Tue 18 Dec 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 770 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 19:08
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Brad Modeen (msg # 601):
Rowan
"I always preffered hope and life and you stand for every thing I loath in this world"
And Hits the anti Templar with another Eldrich blast

King (3 Actions)
No card held

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:26, Tue 18 Dec 2012.

Roadkill
 player, 576 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 04:08
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 606):

Roadkill had a little nap on the drivers side floor. It was so very comfortable down there and quiet.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 262 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 05:20
Re: The Destroyer
Peter cursed again. "JANE! Get ready to fire on those men attacking Rowan!" He got into the technical and drove it forward and to the right to use the big gun on the 4 Destroyers shooting at Barb and Rowan.

1 Sleeved Card.
Seven (3 actions)
Driving the technical forward and to the right to get an angle on more of the bad guys.
Shooting 3 bursts.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:07, Wed 19 Dec 2012.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 771 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 06:23
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 606):
Then realising she is coming under fire Butts the rest of her actions into doggeing and getting the hel out of the way
Sgt. Ian Sullivan
 NPC, 100 posts
 RCMP/GRC
 Law Dog
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 06:39
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 608):

The technical lurched forward as Peter hit the gas. Sullivan was already going to tell him to move up, but it looks like he already had the right idea.

When they lurched to a stop just past the front of the rig, Sullivan vaulted over the side, and followed Smoker, heading for the cabin's front door.

Queen (1 Action)
No Hole Card

Barb o' Doom
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 07:02
Re: The Destroyer
Barb struggled to sit up, blood soaking her left side. Bullets whizzed by but she raised a hand towards Modeen, palm out. With a crackle a bright green bolt shot out, striking the target. She grunted, "uh! Have an Atomic Blast, ass-hat!"

Ten (1 Action)
No Hole Card

Jane Guin
 player, 277 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 14:36
Re: The Destroyer
At about the same time that Peter was moving forward, Jane was already  picking herself up and telling Peter to get her in closer for a shot.

"Peter! I don't have a shot yet.  Get me closer."

ooc:  Ten:    Jane (2 Actions)
Jane has to hold an action until later in turn when they have cleared the rig and then when has a shot will fire a burst on guys on Rowan (going right to left)

Jason Sinclair
 player, 140 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 16:36
Re: The Destroyer
Jason sees the Destroyer's axe coming down and does the last thing that a sane person would do. He stands his ground. He brings Aiken's saber up to parry the blow hoping the damned weapon will mess with Modeen's mojo. Besides the Squire knows it was meant to come down to the two of them. No choice really. A Squire against the biggest Fallen Templar ever. Talk about long odds. "If I die get this sword shoved into him."

Using hole card from last round to Parry.

  Assuming I survive the attempt I hole this round's card.

The Marshall
 GM, 1403 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 04:10
Re: The Destroyer
In the western part of the orchard, four of the advancing Destroyers were either hit or down. Schaeffer pulled another couple headshots on the remaining four, taking that group out of the fight as the two surviving bikers tried to become one with the earth. He could have easily picked off the survivors but that wouldn't probably be necessary. He changed magazines (swapping a mostly-empty one for a full one in a "tactical reload") and prepared to relocate to where he could engage more targets.

Despite the bullets whizzing by then, Rowan and Barb used their arcane abilities to attack Modeen. Both Rowan's flaming skull and Barb's green bolt struck Modeen, but neither seemed to affect him. Trejo's words about Modeen being invulnerable to attacks, other than Aiken's sword came back to them. It was true. They could not hurt him.  Rowan ducked down and none of the incoming fire hit her.

Jamming the gas pedal down, Peter drove forward so that the technical cleared the now-burinng front of the rig, flames licking out from underneath. Roadkill was nowhere in sight, perhaps he was somewhere on the far side? When he stopped, Sullivan hopped out and joined Smoker as they entered the house behind Daphne.

Once stopped, Peter and Jane could clearly see the four Destroyers that were shooting at Barb and Rowan. Peter reached across and grabbed the MG mounted on the passenger side of the cab, while Jane swung the massive Ma-Deuce around. Machinegun fire hammered out, scything through the three biker rightmost bikers, leaving just one standing.

Inside the house, Smoker and Sullivan saw Daphne using her rifle to block the savage downswing of a battle-axe wielded by a long-haired Destroyer. A second Destroyer was trying to hold her arms so the first could get in a solid hit. In the far right corner of the front living room were over a dozen hog-tied prisoners. "Help us!" cried one man. "Help her, then help us!" cried an older woman, possibly Daphne's aunt.

Ignoring the Atomic Blast and Eldritch Blast that struck him, Modeen advanced and started swinging his black axe, "Despair". Jason brought up the broken Confederate Cavalry sword and somehow parried, once, then twice in a clash of steel and spray of sparks! "What? How? That's Aiken's sword! No matter, it won't save you now."

Amazed at still being alive, Jason counter-attacked. He slipped past Modeen's defence and stabbed him directly in the chest. Black blood spurted out and the Anti-Templar screamed in pain and terror!

Inside the cab, Roadkill faded in and out of consciousness. He thought he heard Gilles' voice, faint as if far away. "Mon ami... you are dying. And so am I.... Save yourself. You must get up and live, it's not your time..."

New Turn!
Roadkill
 player, 577 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 09:29
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 614):

Combat rages all round. Gillies seems to realise his own end is coming.
Roadkill quickly and painfully twists his body so his left arm flicks up and his hand grabs the door handle. The weight of his arm managers to pull down on the handle and opens the door. As he lets go he is able to push the door ajar.

"Save power. Turn off Gillies"
Gilles the Driver Bot
 NPC, 12 posts
 AI Autopilot
 Junker Built
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 11:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 615):

The voice of Gilles the autopilot was weakening, fading over growing static and the crackle of flames.

"Au 'voir mon Capitaine... je suis finis. Cherchez-moi sur la route et nous allons reverrons... quelque jour..."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)

"Goodby my Captain. I am finished. Look for me on the road and we will meet again. Some day."


Roadkill
 player, 578 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 11:31
Re: The Destroyer
Gilles the Driver Bot:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 615):

The voice of Gilles the autopilot was weakening, fading over growing static and the crackle of flames.

"Au 'voir mon Capitaine... je suis finis. Cherchez-moi sur la route et nous allons reverrons... quelque jour..."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)

"Goodby my Captain. I am finished. Look for me on the road and we will meet again. Some day."



Roadkill having no idea what Gillies said tries to reply. His face swelling and every limb numb.

"Quiet fridge... *cough cough*"
Blood was filling his mouth from all the cuts and wounds over his face. Roadkill turns his head face down, as not to choke and drown.
smoker will fix it"
Smoker Nix
 player, 383 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 12:05
Re: The Destroyer
Meanwhile, inside the building, Smoker goes to release the hostages. He's got this nagging feeling that Roadkill needs him, but he doesn't want to leave them tied up in here...

Queen - 5 Actions
Hole Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:32, Wed 26 Dec 2012.

Daphne
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 10:58
Re: The Destroyer
Bleeding from a slash to her scalp, Daphne swung her M22 around and squeezed off a burst at the biker in front of her.

It was too difficult to aim properly and she missed her target. Unfortunately the shots didn't miss everyone completely, Smoker felt a pain in his right arm as a bullet struck him and penetrated his armoured duster.

Ace (2 Acions)
Hole Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:33, Wed 26 Dec 2012.

Anti-Templar
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 11:11
Re: The Destroyer
The remaining Anti-Templar in Modeen's posse sprinted towards Barb and Rowan. He was carrying an axe in one hand, and an Uzi (Police SMG) in the other.

Ace (2 Actions)
Sleeving a Card

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:22, Wed 26 Dec 2012.

Trejo
 NPC, 99 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 11:58
Re: The Destroyer
Trejo knew he was wounded pretty bad, he could feel the blood flowing down his side and soaking his jeans.

Seeing that Modeen was staggered by Aiken's Sword, Trejo tried to press the advantage. Realising that he needed to make it as easy as possible for Jason to stab Modeen, and tough as possible for Modeen to defend or counter-attack.

"Get him, Jason! I gotta... get this damn thing... away from him..."

Bending down, Trejo grabbed Modeen's battleaxe and hopped onto Modeen's bike, which was idling nearby. Stowing the axe in its side bracket and sheathing his machetes he grabbbed the handlbars, ready to take off! It was good he was holding onto the handlebars, has he felt woozy from blood loss.


Jack - 2 Actions
No Hole Card

Brad Modeen
 NPC, 9 posts
 Anti-Templar
 The Destroyer
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 12:05
Re: The Destroyer
As Jason was stabbing Modeen in the chest, he recognised real fear in the Anti-Templar's eyes. The Destroyer not only knew it was Aiken's sword, he recognised his doom.

Obviously stricken by Jason's strike, Modeen staggered backwards, Aiken's sword protruding from his chest. Grabbing it by the hilt he pulled it out and black fluid spurted out of the wound. Dropping the sword beside him he fell to his knees, then forward onto all fours. He panted, black blood spattering the bone-covered grass of the orchard. Looking up he saw Trejo mounting his own bike and he reached with one hand, grimacing in pain.

He then turned to Jason and gasped, "please... don't listen... to Simon's... lies... spare me..."


Jack (No Actions)
No Hole Card

This message was last edited by the player at 12:16, Wed 26 Dec 2012.

The Destroyers
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 12:35
Re: The Destroyer
Inside the house, the battleaxe-armed biker swung at Daphne and missed. Her bullets screaming by his head probably had something to do with distracting his aim!

"Damn you! I'll fucking cut your head off, bitch!"

Jack (2 Actions)
Holding a Card


The other saw Smoker moving around them, going to rescue the hostages. He levelled his M22 NA Assault rifle and fired at him to stop him. "Oh no you don't, asshole!"


Jack (2 Actions)
Holding a Card

Smoker Nix
 player, 384 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 13:31
Re: The Destroyer
"Bloody hell!" said Smoker, dodging the fusillade of bullets coming his way.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 775 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 22:29
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 624):

Maura looks around for wounded people in the Posse
Holds her action till she sees some one who needs here then heads in that direction to help
Jason Sinclair
 player, 150 posts
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 17:13
Re: The Destroyer
  The Broken Sword of Julia Aiken at his feet. Modeen bleeding out and dying or at least seeming to. He was a damned fucking Servitor and that was the best he had. Must have still been a damned rookie Servitor. Did I really just take the Destroyer out in one god damned swing. Shit! All of these things and more pass through Jason's skull as he stands there for a few seconds looking around the battlefield.
The Marshall
 GM, 1415 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 28 Dec 2012
at 06:23
Re: The Destroyer
Diving out of the way, Smoker avoided some of the bullets but two still managed to strike him. One hit his right leg  and another to his right arm  Smoker crumpled under the fusillade of fire, slammed into the wall.

Seeing Smoker go down, Sullivan snugged the butt of his M4 into his shoulder and double-tapped, shooting Smoker's attacker in the head. Blood sprayed and the biker flopped bonelessly backwards.

Outside, Jane could see the door of the burning rig open a little. She wasn't aware of anyone who could be inside, but now she thought about it she couldn't see Roadkill anywhere or recall him getting out of the cab. Rowan couldn't see anyone in particular that needed help, other than Trejo (who was bleeding profusely from a torso wound) but he was currently mounting up a motorcyle while carrying a huge black battleaxe.

Of the four bikers that were charging Barb and Rowan, three had gone down under Jane and Peter's brutal machinegun fire. The last surviving biker dropped down, and started crawling the other direction, into cover. He left his battleaxe behind, apparently deciding he didn't want to be an Anti-Templar any more. Barb stayed where she was, not eager to run across their line of fire to where Jason and Modeed were locked in combat (although both seemed to be on their knees at the moment).

Further afield, satisfied that the bikers in the western part of the orchard were no longer a threat (either gone to ground or trying to get away) Scheaffer slung his sniper rifle and displaced, moving towards the orchard itself. He kept his suppressed M4 carbine at low-ready as he moved forwards. He transmitted, "threat to west is neutralised, am moving up! How is Modeen? Are hostages released? Is Roadkill all right?"
Jane Guin
 player, 280 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 28 Dec 2012
at 13:56
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 627):

Jane saw the door open and almost opened up fire.  Before she could, however, it clicked that she hadn't seen Roadkill.  "Peter.  The rig is opening up.  It might be Roadkill since I don't see him.  It looks like Rowan is ok for now so let's check it out."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 778 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 22:36
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 628):

rowan takes off at Janes call heading with her medical kit slung over her shoulder for the truck
Jane Guin
 player, 282 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 22:42
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 629):

Jane holds her fire so as not to get Rowan killed in friendly fire, but keeps an eye out in case she doesn't have a choice.  She knew what it was like to be down and out and needing healing but on the other hand the firefight wasn't over yet.  The anti Templars were tricky bastards.
The Marshall
 GM, 1419 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 31 Dec 2012
at 03:56
Re: The Destroyer
Seeing a wounded Trejo trying to balance the battleaxe on Modeen's bike, Barb grabbed it and hopped on behind him. "You just ride, Trejo! I got the axe." "Fine. Hold on back there."

As Jane was holding her fire, Rowan ran over to the driver side door of Roadkill's truck. Flames were licking out from underneath, now more orange than greenish, and a whiter smoke began billowing out. Pulling open the door she saw Roadkill lying wounded on the floor underneath the steering column.

Marshall's Note: end of turn, time for new Initiative Card draws!
The Marshall
 GM, 1424 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 06:59
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan had moved over to the truck's driver side door. Inside, Roadkill lay on the floor of the truck. She grabbed him and started to drag him out, but with a final burst of strength he released the catch holding Gilles' processor unit under the dashboard and pulled it with him, trailing wires and smashed circuit boards.

With a twist of the throttle, Trejo roared off on Modeen's bike. Behind him sat Barb the Doomsayer, holding onto the wounded Templar and the Anti-Templar's battleaxe.

On his knees in front of Jason, Modeen looked up, beseechingly. "Don't follow Simon... he won't protect the weak like I do..."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 781 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 09:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 632):

"Somne thing tells me we will need to rebuild your Truck Road Kill" Rowan observes as she assesses RoadKills wounds.
Getting the first of the Healing pads out she places it over his main wound area then sets to work as a Paramedic to keep him alive and on the road to recovery
The Marshall
 GM, 1426 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 11:10
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 633):

Roadkill's left arm and right leg were very seriously injured, almost severed. With normal medicine, it would be doubtful he'd regain full use (if they weren't amputated). He had a head wound, and a wound to his chest (lots of bleeding but not a sucking chest wound).

The healing poultices would do miracles, if they worked they would completely heal these wounds, thank the Goddess.

Marshall's Note: 1 poultice per action. Make a Witchcraft roll to apply each one, TN 5. With each successful application, all wounds are healed in an area.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 153 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 14:47
Re: The Destroyer
   "You killed Aaron. You killed innocents. How do you protect the weak Servitor?" and with that Jason scoops up Aiken's blade and plunges it home. Hoping the whole time that the Saints will protect his soul from the filth of the Reckoners.

I only got a 7. Against a squirrel that might be enough, but I doubt that will do it in this case.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:49, Fri 04 Jan 2013.

The Marshall
 GM, 1430 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 02:26
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 635):

Recovering somewhat from Jason's strike, Modeen rolled out of the way.

"Simon lets people die if they're not worthy of him, you know that! Do you know how many people I've seen him throw to the wolves? The Anti-Templars go in, whatever the cost, and we turn evil's strength back upon itself."

Marshall's Note: Modeen's used his hole card to Dodge or else he actually would have been hit. He is wounded, after all, and unarmed so can't Parry. Jason has another card to play, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE GIVE HIM CHIPS TO USE TO HIT AND FOR DAMAGE! Some of the PCs are maxed out for chips, for crying out loud. You can give a comrade chips of your own, at 2-for-1 rate:

Trading Chips

A player can give another player Fate
Chips, but it’s expensive. The giver has to
put one like-colored chip in the pot for
every chip he gives another player. The
giver should also explain how his hero
helps his friend, whether it’s by distracting
a bad guy or simply offering a few colorful
words of encouragement in time of need!

Jason Sinclair
 player, 154 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 02:50
Re: The Destroyer
"See Brad the difference is this. You sold your fucking soul to the damned Reckoners. That can't be forgiven." and he takes another swing at the bastard that murders innocents. The Squire knows that he must end this and end it soon.

13 on the to hit. I will throw my last white in to hit the bastard if need be.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:40, Thu 10 Jan 2013.

The Marshall
 GM, 1435 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 15:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 637):

The Squire, Jason, thrust the stub of Aiken's sword up through Modeen's chin, penetrating his brain. Modeen stood up, and, with a shudder, tried to pull the blade out. Black blood gushed from his mouth. He staggered back a step, then fell onto his back, arms spread out wide, eyes staring at the darkening skies above. Jason felt something enter him, something cold and powerful, and wondered what it was.

Not to far away from the burning truck, Rowan began working on Roadkill, applying healing poultices to his shattered wounds. Within a short period of time, he was feeling a lot better.

Inside the house, there was more firing, more struggle. Smoker felt someone (Daphne?) pull him away from danger. "Let's get you out of here!" He was dimly aware of a stream of freed hostages stumbling out along with them.

Outside, Peter and Jane saw Daphne and a man (not a biker so a freed hostage) carrying a wounded Smoker out of the house. Along with them came several other people: men, women and children. Sullivan was nowhere to be seen, but they could hear a lot of firing going on from inside the house.

The final anti-Templar remaining in Modeen's posse had enough, when he saw his master die. He turned tail and ran towards the nearest bike. Suddenly, a nearby bush sprang to life and ambushed him, shooting him in the head three times using a suppressed M4. Schaeffere pulled back the hood of his Ghillie suit. "What did I miss? Is Rowan all right, I cannot see her anywhere!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:40, Thu 10 Jan 2013.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 157 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 15:47
Re: The Destroyer
 Jason stands up from retrieving Aiken's sword. Wiping the black blood on the anti-Templar tabard as he sheds it. "This is Jason. All enemy forces are down. Repeat all enemies are down. Trejo return to combat site for healing. Destroyer is dead." Taking a moment to gather his wits Jason spots the wreckage of Roadkill's rig. "My guess is she is extracting Roadkill or his body. She might need help." he says as he goes to the flaming rig.
Jane Guin
 player, 285 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 15:54
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 639):

Jane heard the all clear but wasn't sure.  It just seemed too easy after all that had transpired before.  Of course well laid plans can go easy but that didn't mean they did.  Normally they didn't.  She decided to stay on guard and see if any last minute surprises would show up while others got things organized.  She wasn't great on that part anyway.

"Peter.  I'm going to stay here for a bit longer and stand guard."
Roadkill
 player, 585 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 16:58
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 639):

As Roadkill is dragged out and tended to, he felt like it was all some divine comedy, that he was only just getting told about. The truck seemed to start talking to him.
* Friday fun, sizzle a fly*
Trucks; clearly they have a meaning they only know or do they Roadkill thought?

"What is it fridge, Friday sizzle?"
He shouts as best as he can
"A clue! A clue!"

Suddenly the image of a mandarin tree came into view, one holding a large sword made of fire and the handle of a sausage.

"Sir mandarin-a-lot. How can I help thee? An orange peel me thinks"

To the average person, they may think he mad, but blowing up in a truck while with one trying to kill you and being choked by what he can only describe as, green, can do strange things to a man.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 786 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 19:19
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 641):

Rowan sighs
"Road kill please shut up while I am trying to save your life, the Goddess still has work for you to do"
Roadkill
 player, 586 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 14:17
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 641):

Rowan sighs
"Road kill please shut up while I am trying to save your life, the Goddess still has work for you to do"


"You look so orange. Did you eat right?"

Ah, Schaeffere's girl, with her fingers all over him. Roadkill would love it more if he didn't feel like dying so much.

"I think I am bleeding lower down"
Even though Roadkill respects Schaeffere and all, he just can't help himself, no matter in what state. If he is going out he thinks, he might as well go out messing with Rowan.

"The gold i stole is ...."

Roadkills eyes close
Jason Sinclair
 player, 158 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 15:17
Re: The Destroyer
   Jason arrives as Roadkill mutters his joke about the gold. "Oh no you don't. This worked once it might work again."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 790 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 23:04
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 644):

Once she finnishes with Road Kill she moves on to the other members of the group that are hurt treating their wounds, as she goes with her medical skills
Who apart from Road kill got hurt
The Marshall
 GM, 1436 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 07:05
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 645):

At the touch of Jason's hands, Roadkill felt even better. His limbs looked whole and healthy, it was a miracle! (His clothing was largely burned off. As well, there was still black smoke pouring from under the rig.

"Great to see you, my love!" Schaeffer exclaimed. Trejo and Barb returned, now that Modeen was dead. Trejo collapsed near Rowan. "Good job, Squire. Damn, I feel poorly. Just give me a minute." Rowan also saw that Smoker was in poor shape, with several bullet wounds.

Nearby, Daphne was looking after the freed hostages, fiercely hugging one woman. In the back of the technical, Jane noticed that Sullivan hadn't come out of the house. But the rest of the bikers (maybe 4 or 5 survivors) seemed to have split.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 791 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 08:39
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 645):

At the touch of Jason's hands, Roadkill felt even better. His limbs looked whole and healthy, it was a miracle! (His clothing was largely burned off. As well, there was still black smoke pouring from under the rig.

"Great to see you, my love!" Schaeffer exclaimed. Trejo and Barb returned, now that Modeen was dead. Trejo collapsed near Rowan. "Good job, Squire. Damn, I feel poorly. Just give me a minute." Rowan also saw that Smoker was in poor shape, with several bullet wounds.


Rowan smiles happy her love was okay, "some one want to put that fire out" Rowan yells looking nerviously at the Rig
Then turns to Trejo, "Well done", she says simply and uses the third of her Patches to heal him.
"That should fix you up Trejo" she mutters as she checks the rest of his wounds over using Medical skill to treat him.
(See Witch craft roll & Medical Roll)

Turning to Smoker she sighs, "you look like a collinder  friend, arnt you supposed to take cover in a fire fight"

She looks in her medical kit and starts to treat the wounds using Medical skill to do so

This message was last edited by the player at 08:46, Sat 12 Jan 2013.

Smoker Nix
 player, 392 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 15:04
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker looks rather embarassed.

"Must have forgot, I was trying to free the hostages... is Roadkill OK? And the rig?"

He's now looking worried.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 796 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 17:41
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker Nix:
Smoker looks rather embarassed.

"Must have forgot, I was trying to free the hostages... is Roadkill OK? And the rig?"

He's now looking worried.

"Hmmm Then I forgive you, as to the rig I am not a mechanic but it is still smoking,
We dragged the box out with Road kill".
"We should have enough booty to repair it I would have thought"

Rowan gets healing

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:34, Sun 13 Jan 2013.

Smoker Nix
 player, 393 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 18:22
Re: The Destroyer
"Smoke's not good... at least not in that context."

He tries to get up to go take a look...
Rowan Dawson
 player, 797 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 18:38
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 650):

A firm hand pushes Smoker back down
A slight snarl esxapes Rowan lips "Grrr, sit, stay, be wise, enough of this Macho bull shit."
"Just how is the Goddess supposed to heal you though if if you running around the landscape leaking blood"

Rowan used the last of the prepaired healing pads.
"There now you can go and play"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:33, Sun 13 Jan 2013.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 269 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 01:07
Re: The Destroyer
Peter breathes a sigh of relief when the fighting comes to an end. He nods to Jane but he isn't leaving his truck either. He is staying on guard and watching for any possible threats while Rowan helps with the wounded.
Roadkill
 player, 587 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 03:37
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 652):

"whoa"

Roadkill suddenly feels fine. He looks confused. Very confused. From death to being fine in a few seconds.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 799 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 09:34
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 653):

Rowan looks at him, "walk carefully for a few minutes Road kill."
"YOu took a lot of the Godddesses healing in one go"

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:53, Sun 13 Jan 2013.

The Marshall
 GM, 1440 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 17:03
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 650):

It was hard to see underneath the truck, with the smoke pouring out from underneath. A couple wheels looked in bad shape, and a couple tyres were on fire.

Trejo sat up with a groan. He felt his side where Rowan had applied the poultice. "Not bad. We all accounted for?"

Over near Rowan, Schaeffer kept a careful watch on the west side of the orchard. That was where the surviving bikers (that he knew of) had fled and so he was concerned they would return. While he was very glad that his lover had come through safely enough for now, he wasn't taking any chances.
Smoker Nix
 player, 395 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 17:32
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker waited (more or less) patiently until Rowan released him, then got up and limped over to the smouldering rig.

Coughing a bit, he set to putting out the fires and then started to root around, fixing what could be fixed and making mental notes about what parts he needed to deal with the rest.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 800 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 19:33
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 656):

Rowan Sits back on her heals, looks at Shaefer.
Later love she promises with her eyes.
"Love were any of the prisoners hurt"?
Jason Sinclair
 player, 162 posts
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 20:52
Re: The Destroyer
   "Has anyone seen Ian? Damned Mounties always gotta get their man right."
The Marshall
 GM, 1441 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 05:55
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 656):

It did not look like the truck was on fire (yet) but rather, the truck had crushed a motorcycle underneath it, then the grenade had detonated which set the bike's fuel tank, tyres and anything else flammable underneath the tractor's cab on fire. A couple of the truck tires were shredded by shrapnel, a few more had caught fire, but it didn't look like the fire had spread to the fuel tanks, undercarriage or engine. Yet.

The main problem was that a couple rims were warped and the entire wheel would need to be replaced. A couple more tyres were also gone. The truck could probably be fixed up enough to move in a couple hours by using the spare tyre and spare front wheel, and rotating the rear wheels.

All hostages seemed to be accounted for. A few were wounded, they would need poultices and other medical attention. Sullivan was nowhere to be seen.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 801 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 06:05
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 656):

All hostages seemed to be accounted for. A few were wounded, they would need poultices and other medical attention. Sullivan was nowhere to be seen.


Rowan sets to treating wounds with skill and medical bag
Smoker Nix
 player, 396 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 07:34
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker sets to clearing the shattered debris from under the rig and then attends to the tires.
Roadkill
 player, 588 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 10:54
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
   "Has anyone seen Ian? Damned Mounties always gotta get their man right."


Quickly shaking his head, to make sure it wasn't going to fall off. Roadkll answered Jason

"Last thing i saw was Modeen. We gotta search."

Roadkill looks around for any of his weapons or any other that may be strewn about.

"Keep it up smoker. I did it on purpose so you had something to do. You go that way Jas and i will check this way"

Roadkill heads towards the westerly direction that Schaeffer was covering. It seemed to Roadkill that something was likely in that direction and Roadkill felt a bit guilty that he was so weak that he spent so long "resting" in the cab of the rig. He felt usless and ashamed. The least he could do was find Ian and let the others stay out of harms way.


edit> RK goes west.... Nothing to do with the song

This message was last edited by the player at 15:31, Mon 14 Jan 2013.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 163 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 19:13
Re: The Destroyer
   "Before you go running off let's find out where he was last. Smoker wasn't Ian with you? Which means the cabin. Did Ian make it? Shit." Jason says as he jogs a little ways towards the cabin. He walks as he gets closer keeping alert for possible trouble. The West was well covered by the Kraut. Behind the cabin was almost a dead drop so that meant the cabin was the only source of potential trouble. Sig out and chambered for combat operations.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 288 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 06:11
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 662):

Schaeffer, smoking a cigarette, replied, "Sullivan didn't come through the western part of the orchard. I would have seen him."
Daphne Dupre
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 06:13
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
   "Before you go running off let's find out where he was last. Smoker wasn't Ian with you? Which means the cabin. Did Ian make it? Shit." Jason says as he jogs a little ways towards the cabin. He walks as he gets closer keeping alert for possible trouble. The West was well covered by the Kraut. Behind the cabin was almost a dead drop so that meant the cabin was the only source of potential trouble. Sig out and chambered for combat operations.


Daphne chimed in, "I think he was in the house with Smoker? I don't remember, it was dark and confusing in there. One thing's for sure, I'm not sure not going back inside there!"
Smoker Nix
 player, 397 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 07:42
Re: The Destroyer
A muffled voice came from under the rig.

"Sullivan was with me in the hut, yes..."

There are a couple of clangs and a grunt.

"Roadkill, I'm gonna kill you if you do this again... drive more carefully in future, you hear?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 802 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 19:02
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 666):

Rowan in a calm voice "not after the goddess helped me put him back together again you are not".
As she carries on treating people
"People you might want to gather up all the weapons lying around"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 164 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 00:24
Re: The Destroyer
  Jason pushes the door open and slowly enters the cabin clearing corners and generally following his one SWAT rotation training that he remembers after 13 years.
Roadkill
 player, 590 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 03:11
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
  Jason pushes the door open and slowly enters the cabin clearing corners and generally following his one SWAT rotation training that he remembers after 13 years.


Roakill heard that Jason was probably in the hut so he turned back and followed Jason in. Not doing all the SWAT stuff but more standing there with his weapon ready.
The Marshall
 GM, 1442 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 12:44
Re: The Destroyer
The freed hostages started to gather the various pieces of dropped hardware and arm themselves. Mainly, there were NA M22 Assault Rifles and NA Commando SMGs, hunting rifles and pump-shotguns. There were a half-dozen battle axes, plus pistols of various calibres. There were a couple hand grenades.

Inside the house, Jason and Roadkill could see it had once been a luxury ranch-style cottage. The front room where the hostages had been kept was empty. In the kitchen was lots of fresh blood. On the floor lay Sullivan and the wanna-be Anti-Templar in a gore-soaked tangle. The axe looked to be half-buried in the Mountie's torso, but Sullivan had nailed his killer with his borrowed M4 before he bled out.

As well, the rear door (formerly nailed shut) had been broken open. What was possibly a last biker had made their escape. Further outside, they could hear the turbine of a hoverbike start up, from quite close by...
Jane Guin
 player, 286 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 19:19
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 670):

Jane, who was in the truck, looked to see if she could see the hover bike. If she needs to, Jane will look through her scope to get a better idea on who is on that hover bike and if they are friend or foe.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 165 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 21:09
Re: The Destroyer
   "This is Tex. Mountie is down repeat Mountie is down. We have a Tango stealing the hoverbike. Will attempt to secure the hostile." Jason says into the head strap walkie as he walks to the now open back door.
Roadkill
 player, 591 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 02:55
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 672):

Rushing out the back door, there is only one thing to do. Open fire, until there is nothing left to fire.
The Marshall
 GM, 1443 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 07:29
Re: The Destroyer
The hoverbike was parked on the far side of the fence, below the lip of Skeleton Butte. Neither Jane nor Roadkill had a direct line of sight to it.

Hitting the ground running, Roadkill reached the rear fence in time to see the hoverbike taking off down the hill, the last biker riding it hell bent for leather.  Swinging the Ma-Deuce around, Jane saw Roadkill discharge both barrels from the sawed off "trucker's friend" he drew from his drop-holster.

It looked like Roadkill got a piece of the fleeing biker, but he didn't stop as he piloted the hoverbike down the track into the darkness. Soon, all he could see was the bike's running lights disappearing into the blackness, hard to see through the trees and ragged brush.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:58, Fri 18 Jan 2013.

Roadkill
 player, 593 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 07:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 674):

Roadkill heads back to Jason.
"He got away! but with a few pallets"

He heads to Ian while asking
"He's dead right? What the hell!"
Roadkill calls out
"Rowan!"

Roadkill checks for a pulse as best he can and puts his hand near Ians mouth to see if he could feel any heat coming out of his mouth.

"We gotta fortify this position and hold it for the night. We aint going anywhere before the night"
Jane Guin
 player, 287 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 14:40
Re: The Destroyer
Jane swore as she hit the truck and immediately followed it up with a "sorry".  She wasn't sorry that she swore but she was sorry that she hit the truck for she knew that Peter was as possessive about it as she was of her guns.

She finally got out of the truck and peered into the window at him.  "Over all it wasn't bad but didn't like to see some get away."
Roadkill
 player, 594 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 15:37
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 676):

Roadkill did the only thing he could now that the guy had got away. He took the blood soaked axe of the anti-templar and hacked his head off for killing Ian. He grabbed the hair of the anti-templar and took it outside to start a pile.

"Decoration for the truck. Everyone fortify this place. Do it know! Or go!"

Roadkill went to the next anti-templar, same again, and the next, the next.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 807 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 16:07
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 674):

Roadkill heads back to Jason.
"He got away! but with a few pallets"

He heads to Ian while asking
"He's dead right? What the hell!"
Roadkill calls out
"Rowan!"

Roadkill checks for a pulse as best he can and puts his hand near Ians mouth to see if he could feel any heat coming out of his mouth.

"We gotta fortify this position and hold it for the night. We aint going anywhere before the night"


Rowan comes running but seeing and checking the body she is pretty sure she is to late here.
Checking the body she will give Road Kill the news.
Then hearing the sound of the bike leaving, she runs out side "my BIKE" she yells
Trejo
 NPC, 100 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 16:18
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 677):

As he began his grim work Trejo shot Roadkill a look that seemed to say, man that's one loco cabron! But didn't say anything and gave him a wide berth.

Instead, he got Daphne and Barb to help him with the hostages. There were no tools or materials available to repair or fortify the house, the group of Destroyers that left had taken those with them. Instead, they gathering what food and water to make some kind of meal.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 289 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 16:23
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan comes running but seeing and checking the body she is pretty sure she is to late here.

Checking the body she will give Road Kill the news.
Then hearing the sound of the bike leaving, she runs out side "my BIKE" she yells


Schaeffer rolled his sidecar down out of the trailer.

"I am sad to hear that, my love. It will be difficult to track on a dirt road, but not impossible. Even if it leaves no tire track it will still disturb the dust."

As he said that, rain began to patter down. "Scheisse! That's all we need. I agree with Roadkill, the house is the best shelter we haff available. I would suggest we return to Eden, the town we stayed in before, but it is too dark.

"The rig is not going anywhere right now, but it will make an acceptable guard post here in front of the house. I suggest moving the technical to the rear close to the edge but not too close, where it can cover the track up the rear of the butte. I will have a look at the attic crawl space for the house, see if I can set up an OP there."

The Marshall
 GM, 1446 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 16:31
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker figured that with a few hours work, he could swap some tires around, put on the spare wheels, and they could travel (slowly) by morning. The surviving motorcycles were gathered together, and the gear of the bikers salvaged and handed around.

There were something like 24 bikers all told, and over a dozen bikes survived the onslaught of the rampaging rig (most were Harleys but a few were offroad bikes).

The hostages were grateful for being rescued, and appreciated Sullivan's sacrifice. Aunt Angie, Roadkill's adoptive father's sister, thanked Roadkill and said it was good to see him after this time, but she seemed a little apprehensive. It was difficult to tell if this was due to the strains of captivity or else because Roadkill was piling the heads of dead bikers outside in the rain.
Daphne Dumar
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 16:37
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 681):

Once some kind of fire was going in the ranch house's fireplace for heat and cooking, Daphne said to everyone, "thank you all from the bottom of my heart for rescuing my family and the other hostages... that was a very brave thing to do. People just don't do things like that anymore, we're too busy looking out for ourselves to risk helping someone else out. I'm sorry about your friend, I'm just glad more of you didn't get hurt! Thanks to you, Rowan, for your help, I don't know how those poultices worked but they were a miracle!

"Thanks, Jason, for killing Modeen. I didn't know it could be done, even if Simon said it could. Guess we know. I'll thank Roadkill in a little while when he's not, er, busy with his collection."

Rowan Dawson
 player, 808 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 17:17
Re: The Destroyer
Daphne Dumar:
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 681):

Once some kind of fire was going in the ranch house's fireplace for heat and cooking, Daphne said to everyone, "thank you all from the bottom of my heart for rescuing my family and the other hostages... that was a very brave thing to do. People just don't do things like that anymore, we're too busy looking out for ourselves to risk helping someone else out. I'm sorry about your friend, I'm just glad more of you didn't get hurt! Thanks to you, Rowan, for your help, I don't know how those poultices worked but they were a miracle!
"


Rowan smiles "you are welcome all to healing I had avaialble."
"I regret that I have no more made ready and no time at preasent to make more up"
"Once I have time I will gather more up but first i need to follow the trail and recover my bike and friend"
 Rowan stips down to basics and steps out into the rain to get clean.
Then redresses and steps close to her love, "I must follow the trail lover, trickster is in the side pannier and I want my bike back as well"
Smoker Nix
 player, 398 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 17:25
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker settles down to his work, content to work through the night if that's what it took. He could always sleep in the back once the rig was rolling again.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 290 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 02:12
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
Rowan smiles "you are welcome all to healing I had avaialble."
"I regret that I have no more made ready and no time at preasent to make more up"
"Once I have time I will gather more up but first i need to follow the trail and recover my bike and friend"
 Rowan stips down to basics and steps out into the rain to get clean.
Then redresses and steps close to her love, "I must follow the trail lover, trickster is in the side pannier and I want my bike back as well"


Unslinging his sniper rifle Schaeffere nodded, looking a little dubiously at the rain and darkness.

"I understand, I will accompany you, then. I do not have night goggles, but my night scope should suffice. We will haff little time."

He said to Peter, "we'll give it a half-hour. That's about as long as it will take for rain to obliterate a track, such as a hovercraft will leave. I have a radio and we won't be going more than a mile. Any further and he will hit paved road, impossible to track. Either the biker is hurt or scared and has hidden nearby, or is halfway to Las Vegas, so I don't see us going much farther than that."

Taking off his Ghillie suit and turning on the Mauser's starlight scope, Schaeffer got in the sideacar. "Rowan, you shall drive. Stop every hundred metres and turn off the headlamp. I shall scan. We continue until we hit paved road. Good?"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 166 posts
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 02:57
Re: The Destroyer
"I did it because it needed doing Daphne. I appreciate the thanks, but Modeen once stood among the actual Templars. He fell from grace and became a Servitor. I take no pleasure in the kill. I am glad that we could save as many as we could." He pauses and looks at Roadkill. "Do not touch Modeen's corpse Roadkill. It needs to be properly destroyed. To make certain that the Manitous do not make it walk. More the point it was a Servitor. I made the kill and have his blood on my hands if he is tainted I am already being subjected to it so let me handle it. Okay? Rowan can you help me wrap Ian for transport and burial in Boise?"
Roadkill
 player, 595 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 04:39
Re: The Destroyer
Jason Sinclair:
"I did it because it needed doing Daphne. I appreciate the thanks, but Modeen once stood among the actual Templars. He fell from grace and became a Servitor. I take no pleasure in the kill. I am glad that we could save as many as we could." He pauses and looks at Roadkill. "Do not touch Modeen's corpse Roadkill. It needs to be properly destroyed. To make certain that the Manitous do not make it walk. More the point it was a Servitor. I made the kill and have his blood on my hands if he is tainted I am already being subjected to it so let me handle it. Okay? Rowan can you help me wrap Ian for transport and burial in Boise?"


"Oh sure. So you killed him then? I would have assumed the big guy would have got him."
*Hack* as a head comes off

"No way these other guys will be coming back. We will burn them all when we leave."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:41, Sat 19 Jan 2013.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 809 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 12:01
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 686):

Rowan nods "I can"
But make it quick please I have my own to find and save
Rowan helps Jason wrap the body and chants a blessing over it

"You are dead.
None should ever die alone.
I am here to help you with your death.
There is only love, the greatest Mystery.
I reach behind my fear.
I open my heart and my eyes in the light of this love.
Our lives are formed of many others and we form other lives in turn.
And when we are here with you after you die we honour your life.
There is only love.
The love of the Goddess gives birth to the universe.
The love of our parents gives birth to us.
The love of our friends and family sustains our life.
Kindness, love, and pleasure,
We are formed from these and we form each other.
When we die we leave them behind us.
You have left your family.
You have left sex, and even gender.
You cannot be a woman or a man and enter the other world.
You have left behind your body.
None who have bodies can pass into the other world.
The Goddess is taking you back now, the Great Mother.
Her womb is the Earth that will recieve your body,
Your body is a seed now, a seed of other lives.


As she chants her fingers glow slightly as she sketches circle and road leaving a gap for the soul to depart
The chant continues
"In this space and time we have gathered to honour you"
"Depart now in peace and with our love and memory to carry you home"

Rowan stands sketching in the air the circle and pentigram of her way and bows.

"Now if you will pardon me I must try and find my friend and bike"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 270 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 22:23
Re: The Destroyer
Peter gave a nod to Schaeffer. "I'll keep my helmet on for you then. Be safe." He slid the infantry battlesuit helmet back on so they could radio if needed. He then got the truck into a better position if any hostile came towards them and began helping with making the house more defensible.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 291 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 20 Jan 2013
at 03:02
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
Peter gave a nod to Schaeffer. "I'll keep my helmet on for you then. Be safe." He slid the infantry battlesuit helmet back on so they could radio if needed. He then got the truck into a better position if any hostile came towards them and began helping with making the house more defensible.


Pulling up the hood on his own IBS to keep out the rain, Schaeffer watched Rowan prepare the body for transport.

"Ah, ya. I can transmit on CB channel as well, your truck radio has longer range."

"Rowan, you ready to go?"

Rowan Dawson
 player, 810 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 20 Jan 2013
at 09:52
Re: The Destroyer
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
Peter Firecrow:
Peter gave a nod to Schaeffer. "I'll keep my helmet on for you then. Be safe." He slid the infantry battlesuit helmet back on so they could radio if needed. He then got the truck into a better position if any hostile came towards them and began helping with making the house more defensible.


Pulling up the hood on his own IBS to keep out the rain, Schaeffer watched Rowan prepare the body for transport.

"Ah, ya. I can transmit on CB channel as well, your truck radio has longer range."

"Rowan, you ready to go?"


Rowan nods and climbs on the bike her gear stowed in the side car
The Marshall
 GM, 1447 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 09:59
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 691):

Starting the machine with a kick, Schaeffer carefully rode the bike down the muddy track. The 3-wheeler BMW was pretty stable so there were no problems. When they got to the bottom of the hill, he stopped and scanned the way ahead with his scope.

"Huh. I am seeing something in the middle of the road. Perhaps one hundred metres. It looks like your coyote friend, Trickster? Let us see what he is doing."

He slung his rifle after putting the scope caps back on. A few minutes later they rolled up and saw the coyote was sitting on Rowan's pack. Schaeffer waited for the two to talk. Trickster said (in coyote), "where have you been? The bad man rode away. I grabbed your stuff out of the bag and jumped off without him noticing! I don't know where he went."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 811 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 13:05
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 691):

Starting the machine with a kick, Schaeffer carefully rode the bike down the muddy track. The 3-wheeler BMW was pretty stable so there were no problems. When they got to the bottom of the hill, he stopped and scanned the way ahead with his scope.

"Huh. I am seeing something in the middle of the road. Perhaps one hundred metres. It looks like your coyote friend, Trickster? Let us see what he is doing."


Rowan Chuckles
" he does not look to happy does he"


He slung his rifle after putting the scope caps back on. A few minutes later they rolled up and saw the coyote was sitting on Rowan's pack. Schaeffer waited for the two to talk. Trickster said (in coyote), "where have you been? The bad man rode away. I grabbed your stuff out of the bag and jumped off without him noticing! I don't know where he went."


" thank you trickster, I was healing people and did not realise till to late some one had pinched the bike", Rowan turns to her love "well Trickster got the last of my stuff, but does not know where the person ran off to.
Rowan looks around, "is it worth trying to follow further love"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 292 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 13:34
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 693):

Having seen Rowan "talking" to Trickster before, and the coyote seeming to respond, Schaeffer still had some trouble believing they were really having an actual discussion.

Sighing, Schaeffer loaded the bag onto the seat behind him and looked around using the starlight scope. "In this rain... Nien. Seems hopeless. We cannot be finding a track now it is raining and is an air cushion vehicle. He will either find a place to hide and wait the night out, or have kept going. Cannot tell if he was wounded, might be changing the picture.

"Let us get to the paved road. If he hasn't passed out from injury or otherwise stopped by then, let us return at that point."

Trickster
 NPC, 10 posts
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 14:30
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 694):

Hopping up into the sidecar with Rowan, she could smell the coyote's wet fur. "We going to ride now? I like it! Kind of wet."

This message was last updated by the GM at 14:30, Mon 21 Jan 2013.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 812 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 14:03
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 694):

Rowan nods
"Thank you love"
Smoker Nix
 player, 399 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 14:08
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker finished rearranging tires to his satisfaction and paused for a smoke before putting the spares on. Looked like it would take all he had to ensure that each axle was properly supported! Now would not be a good time to get another flat...
The Marshall
 GM, 1448 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 14:48
Re: The Destroyer
Down the hill, Schaeffer, Rowan and Trickster rode out to the road, checking bushes along the way. The biker must have gotten that far safely because there was no sight of him or the hoverbike. They returned safely, making their way cautiously up the slope.

Every ten minutes or so Schaeffer checked in on the radio to let them know everything was okay.

Up on the hill, Smoker laboured away at fixing the truck using the massive hydraulic jacks and spare wheels. Trejo helped him, and Smoker realised just how fucking strong this dude was! Like, probably one of the strongest guys he'd ever seen. He had no problem lifting and moving around semi truck wheels weighing hundreds of pounds. Trejo barely broke a sweat when he lifted up and righted fallen motorcycles weighing hundreds pounds, although it was hard to tell in the rain.

None of the (estimated) four surviving bikers showed their faces again. They were on foot in the Wasted West, far away from any colony or town. Their chances were not great unless the missing portion of the Destroyers returned. Even then, without Modeen it seemed the gang was finished, but the eight surviving members of Modeen's Anti-Templar posse had been absent. (Schaeffer sniped the ninth, tenth and eleventh, the twelfth and last was Gregory, who they killed earlier at the airport.) It was likely this threat wouldn't go away permanently even if their power was broken and what cohesion they possessed shattered with Modeen's death. The main thing was this threat to the Templars and Junkyard was greatly diminished.

The pile of headless corpses grew large as bodies were dumped beneath the tree where the Templars were once hung. Other bodies of the hanged dangled in the darkness, branches creaking as a breeze shifted their corpses.

Standing watch, Peter and Jane realised that the thousands of crows that had inhabited the unholy Orchard of Despair seemed to have vanished with the coming of night.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:22, Mon 21 Jan 2013.

Trejo
 NPC, 102 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 15:00
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 697):

Leaving Smoker for a while to work on his own, Trejo grabbed Jason. He had gathered several gallons of spook juice in a jerry can. Handing Modeen's axe ("Despair") to Jason he said, "cut down Aaron and the three other Templars. Jodi, Muhammad and I don't know the other chick's name. Khloee, I think. We're taking them back to Boise for burial.

"I'm going to cut the rest of these other folks down and gather the body. Don't know who they are, victims of the Destroyers, looks like, been here for months or longer for some. Around two dozen. Then I'm going to make a pyre for these souls outside the front gate of the orchard."


He called out to Roadkill, "when I cut the bodies down from the trees, we're going to burn the fucking orchard. Before it gets too wet. The fires may attract attention... let it come. You might want to set these biker pendejos on fire at the same time, boss, for the same reason."

Modeen's Axe:


This message was last edited by the GM at 15:00, Mon 21 Jan 2013.

Smoker Nix
 player, 400 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 16:25
Re: The Destroyer
"Thanks, Trejo, you've been a blessing, man," said Smoker as the man left to attend to other matters.
Roadkill
 player, 596 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 16:34
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trejo (msg # 699):

"Oh yes!"
Roadkill calls out with glee

"Let them burn, let them all burn and lets see who and what comes in the night"
Roadkill stops and then thinks

"You know big guy, I always like your plans. Heres hoping the rest come back and we can end all their exsistances"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 813 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 21 Jan 2013
at 18:48
Re: The Destroyer
The Marshall:
Down the hill, Schaeffer, Rowan and Trickster rode out to the road, checking bushes along the way. The biker must have gotten that far safely because there was no sight of him or the hoverbike. They returned safely, making their way cautiously up the slope.

Every ten minutes or so Schaeffer checked in on the radio to let them know everything was okay.


By the time they return Rowan is in a right temper, mostly with her self for not having isolated the starter on the hover bike.

She will check over the bikes the biker gang has no need of any more and come to that any other vehicles.
Along with weapons, looking for grenades and AK ammo, and other items of use

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:09, Mon 21 Jan 2013.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 271 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 05:34
Re: The Destroyer
Peter listened to Trejo and the nodded slowly. He thought that he liked the idea of what Trejo planned on doing. He glanced at Jane. "Unless you wish to do so, I will help Trejo get the bodies down and help with the fires."
Jane Guin
 player, 288 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 21:57
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 703):

Jane thought over the plan and then leaned into Peter for just a minute before replying.  "I've seen this story enough for a lifetime.  I'll let you do it this time if you' don't mind.  I'll stand guard while you guys do that.  As much as I like to think nobody will come once the fires are lit, it's not pratical thinking."
Roadkill
 player, 597 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 13:10
Re: The Destroyer
Jane Guin:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 703):

Jane thought over the plan and then leaned into Peter for just a minute before replying.  "I've seen this story enough for a lifetime.  I'll let you do it this time if you' don't mind.  I'll stand guard while you guys do that.  As much as I like to think nobody will come once the fires are lit, it's not pratical thinking."


Overhearing what the two are saying with his amazing PC ears, Roadkill butts in

"Hey hey Jane. I hear ya. We aren't burning these guys till the morning like i said."

Roadkill shudders a bit
"I ain't wanting to encourage meat and two vege hunters here."
Roadkill shudders and goes a bit white with fear.
"Never again"
Roadkill grabs his crotch, just to make sure that they are all in place.
Trejo
 NPC, 103 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 03:13
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Roadkill (msg # 705):

Pausing to take a quick break, Trejo looked up at the rain, then at Roadkill.

"It's raining pretty hard, chief. So you gotta choice: burn now, or don't burn at all. That's the way it is. I'm gonna burn Modeen's victims and the orchard now.

"If someone comes, they will come. There will be light, but the rain should hide it."

The Marshall
 GM, 1449 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 03:06
Re: The Destroyer
The rain continued to pour down. With several people helping, the Destroyers' victims were cut down in short order.

Their bodies were piled outside the orchard, although still up on Skeleton Butte. Using jerrycans of Spook Juice siphoned off wrecked motorcycles, they were set on fire. Greenish flames licked into the black sky.

Then, the orchard was fired, again using Spook Juice and the clothing stripped from dead bikers to set each tree on fire. The trees burned through the night. Anyone who slept (or tried to sleep) in that accursed place had terrible dreams of fire and blood.

Marshall's Note: Roadkill seemed to be against burning the now-headless bikers at night, but everything else (the victims and the trees) was put to the torch simply because with the rain, it would be impossible to burn them in the morning if they were left out. Now, I assume it's still night.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:39, Sun 27 Jan 2013.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 814 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 10:39
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan actions over the deadAnti templars is different
she faces the fire her pendant in full view, for a moment she gathers her will then seems to glow andthe effect spreads


As the tears of the lady fall and above all the moon shines
Peace be upon this place
Where you are cast
No spell or adverse purpose last
Not in complete accord with me.
As my word, so mote it be!
The light of all surrounds us.
The love of all enfolds us.
The power of all protects us.
The presence of all watches over us.
Wherever we are the power of light is.
And all is well.


I am Rowan Far Walker of the Green Circle my blessing upon this place and all here, from this place let no evil power be drawn. So Mote it be

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:39, Sun 27 Jan 2013.

Jane Guin
 player, 289 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 13:11
Re: The Destroyer
quote:
Then, the orchard was fired, again using Spook Juice and the clothing stripped from dead bikers to set each tree on fire. The trees burned through the night. Anyone who slept (or tried to sleep) in that accursed place had terrible dreams of fire and blood.


Jane had watched the burning for a long time before trying to get some sleep.  She didn't want to sleep for she knew what was waiting for her when she did.  It was always waiting for her after such things as this.  You did what you had to do but there was a price to pay for it.  The blood, fire, and screams came back to visit in the darkness of the your sleep.

Jane stayed by Peter that night.  Whenever she woke up from the nightmare she could feel him by and look at him.  It helped her get through it.  She knew that she'd remember for a long time, perhaps not ever forgetting.  That was both good and bad.  Something needed to be remembered but some things needed to be forgotten.  Jane would figure which category this fell in later.  That was for another sleepless night when the image wasn't as burning as bright behind her eyeballs.
Smoker Nix
 player, 401 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 15:33
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker didn't get to sleep, being too busy fussing over the rig.
The Marshall
 GM, 1449 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 02:25
Re: The Destroyer
The bikers' weapons were scrounged up and divided among the dozen freed prisoners. There were several police pistols, NA M23 Commandos, NA M22s, and pump-shotguns plus a fair amount of ammunition. There were a couple fragmentation grenades for the taking.

Daphne sort of took charge of them, saying, "we'll help mount a watch. They're all pretty tired but we certainly owe you. We can post a double-watch, one of yours and one of ours, 2-hour periods."

Meanwhile, the trees hissed in the rain as they burned, sending up columns of orange and red sparks, smoke billowing up into the sky. If nothing else, there was plenty of light!

This message was last updated by the GM at 02:25, Tue 29 Jan 2013.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 167 posts
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 02:17
Re: The Destroyer
"I'll take first watch for us guys. Let me know who wants second. Still a little keyed up from that fight. First watch and the middle of the bight should be the hardest. If we get hit that would be when I would do it. We need to move at first light guys so get some sleep. I just hope that the worst we get is some nosy coyotes or scavengers. Hope fully we are being too cautious. Better safe guys. Roadkill are you and Smoker sleeping in the rig? Peter what are you and Jane doing?" a tired sounding, but upbeat Jason asks the posse.
Smoker Nix
 player, 402 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 08:27
Re: The Destroyer
"Roadkill will probably snore his full head off, but I'll be working," groused Smoker.

"Iffen you want to move at first light, I'll not have time to sleep if the rig is to be ready."

He actually sounded quite happy, not grumpy, about it!
Peter Firecrow
 player, 272 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 20:31
Re: The Destroyer
Peter also watched the fire. Physically, at least. In his mind's eye, however, he saw similarities to past fires, the left-over ruins of his home and the family that aided him once.

When watches were mentioned, Peter spoke up. "I will sleep for a while, but I do not sleep for very long. I will keep watch after that with whoever wishes to so you do not need to assign a watch to me per se."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 816 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 21:42
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
When watches were mentioned, Peter spoke up. "I will sleep for a while, but I do not sleep for very long. I will keep watch after that with whoever wishes to so you do not need to assign a watch to me per se."


 Rowan from where she is sat with Shaefer and Trickster, adds.
"We will take the dawn watch,"
Roadkill
 player, 598 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 30 Jan 2013
at 04:32
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 715):

Having a bit of a sit down and staring into the cold unkown in the distance for about an hour. During that time, Trejo sets a blaze to the executed.

Getting up
"Might as well add to the putrid smell"

He sets about burning the bikers
The Marshall
 GM, 1450 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 11:40
Re: The Destroyer
As the night wore on, most sleepers were plagued by nightmares. None more so than Peter and Roadkill, though their dreams became strangely tranquil as the darkness ebbed towards dawn.

The pyre of bodies burned down, hissing in the rain. Trejo dumped wood from cut-down trees and more Spook Juice to keep the piles of corpses burning until there was little left save for charred bones. (There was one pyre for victims, another separate on for the other for the Anti-Templars and Destroyers so what remained could be buried separately later).

After the trees were fired they blazed up in an almost unnatural way, columns of red flames and orange sparks shooting up into the rainy sky. Some hours later most of these had burned down, many tree trunks had fallen over and branches dropped. Embers hissed in the rain.
Trickster
 NPC, 12 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 11:42
Re: The Destroyer
An hour before dawn, while it was still dark due to the rain clouds, Trickster nudged Rowan. She was barely keeping awake but came alert with a start.

<"Someone moving in the orchard! Smells bad! Really bad! Lots of them!">
Peter Firecrow
 player, 273 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 14:10
Re: The Destroyer
Peter woke up looking only slightly haggard, as opposed to his normal full-on no-sleep look. He wasn't sure why his sleep hadn't been as bad as normal. He had expected after the events of the previous day to get a couple of hours of sleep if he was lucky.

He yawned and stretched sleepily glancing at Jane.
Roadkill
 player, 599 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 14:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trickster (msg # 718):

As usual, Roadkill was sleeping in the truck or so he thought as he slept in the house, with his guns and maybe one of those nice axes. He isn't sleeping in that dirty old burnt out wreck for now. Give it a few day to air he thinks
Smoker Nix
 player, 403 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 14:48
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker was just about finishing up. By the time the sleepyheads arose, the rig should be ready to roll. Or about as ready as it was going to be, anyway.

Meanwhile, what had Roadkill done with Gilles? Smoker scrambled out from under the rig and stretched, thinking about rousting him out to ask...
Jane Guin
 player, 290 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 15:10
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 719):

Jane felt movement and opened her eyes and smiled at Peter.  She wasn't looking her best but then he had seen her look far worse. She hadn't slept straight through but at least she felt better for whatever sleep she had gotten.

"Time to get up already?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 817 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 16:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trickster (msg # 718):

Rowan "Yells wake up wake up some thing is wrong in the orchard"
Roadkill
 player, 600 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 2 Feb 2013
at 10:40
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
In reply to Trickster (msg # 718):

Rowan "Yells wake up wake up some thing is wrong in the orchard"

"what the hell!"

Roadkill was finally getting somethng close to sleep and Rowan wakes him up. Life.

"Everyone to whatever fortified postion you made! Cover the entrences and each other! Keep tabs on those next to you"
He gets up to get a view of the truck whether he can get onto it. He kind of had no faith that people had bothered to actually fortify the house as he said after the battle.
Jane Guin
 player, 291 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 2 Feb 2013
at 22:01
Re: The Destroyer
Jane's question was answered by Rowan's yell.  Jane quickly got up and gave Peter a kiss before finishing getting her stuff. She then turned to Peter.  "Ready?  Sounds like it's time for work.  I'll finish that kiss later so don't get killed."
Daphne Dumar
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 09:35
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
"what the hell!"</Orange>
Roadkill was finally getting somethng close to sleep and Rowan wakes him up. Life.

"Everyone to whatever fortified postion you made! Cover the entrences and each other! Keep tabs on those next to you"
He gets up to get a view of the truck whether he can get onto it. He kind of had no faith that people had bothered to actually fortify the house as he said after the battle.


Awakened, Daphne snorted at Roadkill.

"Right, we'll get right on that, chief! There were no materials to additionally fortify the house, and no tools to use if we wanted to. We did do what we could like board up the rear, we can fire out loopholes in the windows. Best we can do."

She grabbed her M22 and charged it, aiming at the orchard through a gap in the boarded-up window.
The Marshall
 GM, 1452 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 09:49
Re: The Destroyer
Whatever it was seemed to be coming through the orchard. Figures, dozens of them, were walking and staggering through the wet ash and burned branches carpeting the ground.

Inside the house the freed hostages sorted themselves out. There were 12, so three covered each side, aiming through loopholes in the boarded-up windows and cut in the walls.

Somewhere in the burned-out orchard there was a crack and thump as a smouldering branch burned through and fell down in a cloud of sparks.

The rig sat parked near the house, where it had been left the night before. Smoker had done a pretty good job of changing wheels, with Trejo's help. It might be fit to move, it might not. Smoker had also found the remains of Giles. It looked like some shrapnel had punched into the casing from below, when Roadkill dragged the autopilot out of the smoke-filled cab it was already too late. Schaeffer climbed up onto the rear of the trailer, where he could get a good view of the approaching crowd.

From the west, the figures advanced silently, plodding through the drifts of soggy ash like grey clotted snow. The rain started to slack off but water still dripped everywhere.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 294 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 09:54
Re: The Destroyer
From up on the trailer, Schaeffer switched on the night scope on his sniper rifle, peering through the monochromatic display. He toggled his radio.

"This is Jaeger. I am counting twenty-thirty people. Men, women and children. They seem unarmed, no rifles or longarms. Maybe some clubs and knives. Could have pistols or other concealed weapons, can't be sure.

"Some appear injured or wounded. Again, can't tell for sure."

Peter Firecrow
 player, 274 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 06:32
Re: The Destroyer
Peter looked a bit concerned, especially after what the Colonel said. Men, women and children in various states of injury? He hoped that they were just people looking for potential help and not...like zombies or something. 20 to 30 was a LOT, no matter what. He grabbed his gun and got ready.

"What is the plan? Do we go out and talk to them? Or assume hostility?" His voice made it clear he sincerely hoped that it wasn't assume hostility.
Roadkill
 player, 602 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 09:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 729):

Smoker looks about.
"Smoker, wheres?! smoker!"

Roadkill looks around not seeing his fix'er up'er. Probably near the rig he thinks.
He quickly weighs up what could be possible; to keep quiet and have the hoard move on but what if they didn't? It could be a risk not worth taking. Sometime you just gotta say, 'fuck it' and take that risk.
Roadkill takes his SMG and fires it out the window, up into the air. At least it will get the attention of everyone and maybe everything. He looks back into the room.

"If they are hostile, at least they will head right for us and into the line of Jane's gun"
Smoker Nix
 player, 407 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 11:44