The Destroyer.   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
Rowan Dawson
 player, 814 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 10:39
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan actions over the deadAnti templars is different
she faces the fire her pendant in full view, for a moment she gathers her will then seems to glow andthe effect spreads


As the tears of the lady fall and above all the moon shines
Peace be upon this place
Where you are cast
No spell or adverse purpose last
Not in complete accord with me.
As my word, so mote it be!
The light of all surrounds us.
The love of all enfolds us.
The power of all protects us.
The presence of all watches over us.
Wherever we are the power of light is.
And all is well.


I am Rowan Far Walker of the Green Circle my blessing upon this place and all here, from this place let no evil power be drawn. So Mote it be

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:39, Sun 27 Jan 2013.

Jane Guin
 player, 289 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 13:11
Re: The Destroyer
quote:
Then, the orchard was fired, again using Spook Juice and the clothing stripped from dead bikers to set each tree on fire. The trees burned through the night. Anyone who slept (or tried to sleep) in that accursed place had terrible dreams of fire and blood.


Jane had watched the burning for a long time before trying to get some sleep.  She didn't want to sleep for she knew what was waiting for her when she did.  It was always waiting for her after such things as this.  You did what you had to do but there was a price to pay for it.  The blood, fire, and screams came back to visit in the darkness of the your sleep.

Jane stayed by Peter that night.  Whenever she woke up from the nightmare she could feel him by and look at him.  It helped her get through it.  She knew that she'd remember for a long time, perhaps not ever forgetting.  That was both good and bad.  Something needed to be remembered but some things needed to be forgotten.  Jane would figure which category this fell in later.  That was for another sleepless night when the image wasn't as burning as bright behind her eyeballs.
Smoker Nix
 player, 401 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 15:33
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker didn't get to sleep, being too busy fussing over the rig.
The Marshall
 GM, 1449 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 02:25
Re: The Destroyer
The bikers' weapons were scrounged up and divided among the dozen freed prisoners. There were several police pistols, NA M23 Commandos, NA M22s, and pump-shotguns plus a fair amount of ammunition. There were a couple fragmentation grenades for the taking.

Daphne sort of took charge of them, saying, "we'll help mount a watch. They're all pretty tired but we certainly owe you. We can post a double-watch, one of yours and one of ours, 2-hour periods."

Meanwhile, the trees hissed in the rain as they burned, sending up columns of orange and red sparks, smoke billowing up into the sky. If nothing else, there was plenty of light!

This message was last updated by the GM at 02:25, Tue 29 Jan 2013.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 167 posts
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 02:17
Re: The Destroyer
"I'll take first watch for us guys. Let me know who wants second. Still a little keyed up from that fight. First watch and the middle of the bight should be the hardest. If we get hit that would be when I would do it. We need to move at first light guys so get some sleep. I just hope that the worst we get is some nosy coyotes or scavengers. Hope fully we are being too cautious. Better safe guys. Roadkill are you and Smoker sleeping in the rig? Peter what are you and Jane doing?" a tired sounding, but upbeat Jason asks the posse.
Smoker Nix
 player, 402 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 08:27
Re: The Destroyer
"Roadkill will probably snore his full head off, but I'll be working," groused Smoker.

"Iffen you want to move at first light, I'll not have time to sleep if the rig is to be ready."

He actually sounded quite happy, not grumpy, about it!
Peter Firecrow
 player, 272 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 20:31
Re: The Destroyer
Peter also watched the fire. Physically, at least. In his mind's eye, however, he saw similarities to past fires, the left-over ruins of his home and the family that aided him once.

When watches were mentioned, Peter spoke up. "I will sleep for a while, but I do not sleep for very long. I will keep watch after that with whoever wishes to so you do not need to assign a watch to me per se."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 816 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 29 Jan 2013
at 21:42
Re: The Destroyer
Peter Firecrow:
When watches were mentioned, Peter spoke up. "I will sleep for a while, but I do not sleep for very long. I will keep watch after that with whoever wishes to so you do not need to assign a watch to me per se."


 Rowan from where she is sat with Shaefer and Trickster, adds.
"We will take the dawn watch,"
Roadkill
 player, 598 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Wed 30 Jan 2013
at 04:32
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 715):

Having a bit of a sit down and staring into the cold unkown in the distance for about an hour. During that time, Trejo sets a blaze to the executed.

Getting up
"Might as well add to the putrid smell"

He sets about burning the bikers
The Marshall
 GM, 1450 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 11:40
Re: The Destroyer
As the night wore on, most sleepers were plagued by nightmares. None more so than Peter and Roadkill, though their dreams became strangely tranquil as the darkness ebbed towards dawn.

The pyre of bodies burned down, hissing in the rain. Trejo dumped wood from cut-down trees and more Spook Juice to keep the piles of corpses burning until there was little left save for charred bones. (There was one pyre for victims, another separate on for the other for the Anti-Templars and Destroyers so what remained could be buried separately later).

After the trees were fired they blazed up in an almost unnatural way, columns of red flames and orange sparks shooting up into the rainy sky. Some hours later most of these had burned down, many tree trunks had fallen over and branches dropped. Embers hissed in the rain.
Trickster
 NPC, 12 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 11:42
Re: The Destroyer
An hour before dawn, while it was still dark due to the rain clouds, Trickster nudged Rowan. She was barely keeping awake but came alert with a start.

<"Someone moving in the orchard! Smells bad! Really bad! Lots of them!">
Peter Firecrow
 player, 273 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 14:10
Re: The Destroyer
Peter woke up looking only slightly haggard, as opposed to his normal full-on no-sleep look. He wasn't sure why his sleep hadn't been as bad as normal. He had expected after the events of the previous day to get a couple of hours of sleep if he was lucky.

He yawned and stretched sleepily glancing at Jane.
Roadkill
 player, 599 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 14:45
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trickster (msg # 718):

As usual, Roadkill was sleeping in the truck or so he thought as he slept in the house, with his guns and maybe one of those nice axes. He isn't sleeping in that dirty old burnt out wreck for now. Give it a few day to air he thinks
Smoker Nix
 player, 403 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 14:48
Re: The Destroyer
Smoker was just about finishing up. By the time the sleepyheads arose, the rig should be ready to roll. Or about as ready as it was going to be, anyway.

Meanwhile, what had Roadkill done with Gilles? Smoker scrambled out from under the rig and stretched, thinking about rousting him out to ask...
Jane Guin
 player, 290 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 15:10
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 719):

Jane felt movement and opened her eyes and smiled at Peter.  She wasn't looking her best but then he had seen her look far worse. She hadn't slept straight through but at least she felt better for whatever sleep she had gotten.

"Time to get up already?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 817 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 16:31
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Trickster (msg # 718):

Rowan "Yells wake up wake up some thing is wrong in the orchard"
Roadkill
 player, 600 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Sat 2 Feb 2013
at 10:40
Re: The Destroyer
Rowan Dawson:
In reply to Trickster (msg # 718):

Rowan "Yells wake up wake up some thing is wrong in the orchard"

"what the hell!"

Roadkill was finally getting somethng close to sleep and Rowan wakes him up. Life.

"Everyone to whatever fortified postion you made! Cover the entrences and each other! Keep tabs on those next to you"
He gets up to get a view of the truck whether he can get onto it. He kind of had no faith that people had bothered to actually fortify the house as he said after the battle.
Jane Guin
 player, 291 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 2 Feb 2013
at 22:01
Re: The Destroyer
Jane's question was answered by Rowan's yell.  Jane quickly got up and gave Peter a kiss before finishing getting her stuff. She then turned to Peter.  "Ready?  Sounds like it's time for work.  I'll finish that kiss later so don't get killed."
Daphne Dumar
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 09:35
Re: The Destroyer
Roadkill:
"what the hell!"</Orange>
Roadkill was finally getting somethng close to sleep and Rowan wakes him up. Life.

"Everyone to whatever fortified postion you made! Cover the entrences and each other! Keep tabs on those next to you"
He gets up to get a view of the truck whether he can get onto it. He kind of had no faith that people had bothered to actually fortify the house as he said after the battle.


Awakened, Daphne snorted at Roadkill.

"Right, we'll get right on that, chief! There were no materials to additionally fortify the house, and no tools to use if we wanted to. We did do what we could like board up the rear, we can fire out loopholes in the windows. Best we can do."

She grabbed her M22 and charged it, aiming at the orchard through a gap in the boarded-up window.
The Marshall
 GM, 1452 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 09:49
Re: The Destroyer
Whatever it was seemed to be coming through the orchard. Figures, dozens of them, were walking and staggering through the wet ash and burned branches carpeting the ground.

Inside the house the freed hostages sorted themselves out. There were 12, so three covered each side, aiming through loopholes in the boarded-up windows and cut in the walls.

Somewhere in the burned-out orchard there was a crack and thump as a smouldering branch burned through and fell down in a cloud of sparks.

The rig sat parked near the house, where it had been left the night before. Smoker had done a pretty good job of changing wheels, with Trejo's help. It might be fit to move, it might not. Smoker had also found the remains of Giles. It looked like some shrapnel had punched into the casing from below, when Roadkill dragged the autopilot out of the smoke-filled cab it was already too late. Schaeffer climbed up onto the rear of the trailer, where he could get a good view of the approaching crowd.

From the west, the figures advanced silently, plodding through the drifts of soggy ash like grey clotted snow. The rain started to slack off but water still dripped everywhere.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 294 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 09:54
Re: The Destroyer
From up on the trailer, Schaeffer switched on the night scope on his sniper rifle, peering through the monochromatic display. He toggled his radio.

"This is Jaeger. I am counting twenty-thirty people. Men, women and children. They seem unarmed, no rifles or longarms. Maybe some clubs and knives. Could have pistols or other concealed weapons, can't be sure.

"Some appear injured or wounded. Again, can't tell for sure."

Peter Firecrow
 player, 274 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 06:32
Re: The Destroyer
Peter looked a bit concerned, especially after what the Colonel said. Men, women and children in various states of injury? He hoped that they were just people looking for potential help and not...like zombies or something. 20 to 30 was a LOT, no matter what. He grabbed his gun and got ready.

"What is the plan? Do we go out and talk to them? Or assume hostility?" His voice made it clear he sincerely hoped that it wasn't assume hostility.
Roadkill
 player, 602 posts
 Road Warrior
 former Road Ganger
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 09:46
Re: The Destroyer
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 729):

Smoker looks about.
"Smoker, wheres?! smoker!"

Roadkill looks around not seeing his fix'er up'er. Probably near the rig he thinks.
He quickly weighs up what could be possible; to keep quiet and have the hoard move on but what if they didn't? It could be a risk not worth taking. Sometime you just gotta say, 'fuck it' and take that risk.
Roadkill takes his SMG and fires it out the window, up into the air. At least it will get the attention of everyone and maybe everything. He looks back into the room.

"If they are hostile, at least they will head right for us and into the line of Jane's gun"
Smoker Nix
 player, 407 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 11:44
Re: The Destroyer
Poor Smoker nearly jumps out of his skin!

"What the....?"

He looks around wildly to see who's firing.
The Marshall
 GM, 1454 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 12:55
Re: The Destroyer
Everyone flinched when Roadkill fired a burst into the air. The spent brass pattered down but there was no other sound save for the dying echo. There were no cries or other sign they heard the shots.

Over the radio Schaeffer called, "they are now running towards out position! Am opening fire!"

Sure enough, they could see the dark figures running towards them, flitting among and around the charred tree trunks. Smoke and steam still obscured them and while there was some light from smouldering trees and branches it was only enough to cast macabre shadows that sometimes hid and sometimes revealed the silently onrushing horde.

GM Note: All PCs are near a radio of some kind so they are warned. (Even Jason could have Sullivan's tactical helmet radio and can warn Daphne and the others.) For this combat turn you each automatically get 5 Actions, no need to roll Quickness. They start at least 50 yards out. There is a -6 modifier due to the lack of light, steam, ash, smoke, cinders, etc. I won't bother doing card draws, they won't be able to affect you this turn.