What Goes Up...   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
Jason Sinclair
 player, 224 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Squire
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 10:41
Re: What Goes Up...
Listening to the ship channel, Jason said, "The engines got taken out! We're dead in the water. Or air. The Ultralights are trying to hold off the Raptors... they got one! It was coming in like it was going to try and dock at the rear.

"Shit... there's another one coming in from the rear, and the gun there is out. If no one can stop it, it could fire right into the bay or let off boarders on the landing pad. Another looks like it's trying to land on top of the lift envelope!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:46, Sun 29 Sept 2013.

Smoker Nix
 player, 492 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 14:18
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker looked round, a little wildly.

"Think I saw an access up to the top... maybe a few of us could go up and shoot at anyone trying to get in that way."
Trejo
 player, 160 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 00:26
Re: What Goes Up...
Trejo frowned and grabbed a rail as the vehicle shook and the lights dimmed to emergency levels.  This was definitely not his kind of fight.  At least until the bastards tried boarding.  "Jane, Peter; if you want to get to yer truck, now's the time.  If nothing else, that big gun o' yours is likely to be mighty handy."  He looks to the others now that Denis and Winnie are taking close guard of Simon.  "Anyone else want to help the pirates out with the gunner thing, get your guns.  Work in pairs though.  Stick with someone who's got a radio if nothing else.  Walker, Smoker, think you guys can help with damage control?," he said curiously.  This whole thing was out of his league; he figured they know where they could help best.  "But remember, if one of us calls, haul ass back here.  Simon's the prize they're after I bet."
Jane Guin
 player, 389 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 01:06
Re: What Goes Up...
Peter!  I'm going to mount up Baby!

Jane ran to the technical and started to reattach her favorite weapon.  If they were going to come in the hatch then she'd be ready to meet them.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 349 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 02:10
Re: What Goes Up...
OOC: Heh. Forgot to post after the GM's answer and Jane beat me to it! =)

Peter was already on his way. He was running towards the hangar bay, having the same thought. "Great minds...think alike..." He skidded to a stop and hopped up into the back of the truck to help Jane out.
Smoker Nix
 player, 493 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 07:24
Re: What Goes Up...
"Damage control? Sure... better at that than brawling, to be honest," said Smoker, and trundled off to volunteer his services.
The Marshall
 GM, 1587 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 07:49
Re: What Goes Up...
When the word came that a Raptor was trying to land forces on the lift envelope, the security personnel by the bridge split up. Half went to the bridge, presumably to access the roof hatch there.

Another element headed down the hall to the rear maintenance area, trying for the hatch there. As they passed, an NCO said as the Posse was heading downstairs, "good idea! We'll hold 'em up here if we can, you hold 'em off down in the hangar bay!"

They arrived downstairs in time to see a large metallic aircraft lining up on the exit that was cut into the rear of the gondola. It was about 100 yards out, and Jane and Trejo could see it had been modified with some kind of hatch in nose (normally, troops would disembark via a rear ramp). Twin 20mm autocannons mounted in ball turrets on the stub wings began thumping, spraying the mostly-empty hangar with exploding shells...

Marshall's Note: There are no more aircraft in the bay, they have all taken off. Luckily, the technical is behind a jeep. Still, better take cover! The jeep gives it some protection but probably blocks the line of fire somewhat, at least up close.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:08, Wed 02 Oct 2013.

Jane Guin
 player, 390 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 16:45
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 104):

"God dammit!  It's getting to be a person can't do their job these days!"  Jane complains as she tries to get baby fastened on properly so that she could shoot back at these inhospitable pains in the ass, of course ducking any bullets that are coming her way in the meantime.

Once baby is ready, Jane will try and "welcome" the intruders.
The Marshall
 GM, 1588 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 11:41
Re: What Goes Up...
Jane managed to get Baby set up on the post mount as the attacking Raptor lined up to make it's entry. It was close, less than 20 yards away, still firing the M120 chainguns into the bay. Explosions from the 20mm shells punched holes in the walls and destroyed equipment. The jeep parked in front of the technical took some hits.

Marshall's Note: Everyone must specify where they are in the landing bay. There is a map in the reference files. (The sky raider aircraft are not present.) The Raptor may open fire again as it comes in, so save an action to Dodge and remember to use cover!

Roll for initiative.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 350 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 15:03
Re: What Goes Up...
Peter is going to be in the truck bed, courched down to one side of the big gun so he can help Jane as needed and have his weapons all handy.
Jane Guin
 player, 392 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 16:37
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 107):

Jane is obviously behind baby and ready to shoot.  She trusts Peter to take shots at those who are trying to shoot at them and keep any borders off of her so that she can do her thing.
Trejo
 player, 162 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 17:09
Re: What Goes Up...
Trejo went after the the others.  There wasn't much he could do until they got close.  He doubted his pistol would even scratch the paint of that bastard.  He ran down the stairs and threw himself into cover against the thick wall of the armory.  He'd be staying in cover until he could use his handgun or get out his blades.

OOC: taking cover on the outer wall of the armory, west side.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 225 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Squire
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 05:23
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Trejo (msg # 109):

Following Trejo down to the armoury, Jason looked aroud. It was secure there, but if a wild shot penetrated it would be very uncomfortable.

"Trejo! They're coming in the rear entry, we can't see that area too well from here.

"Let's work our way back, get into the storage room, closer to the aft entry. There's cover there and we can take out anyone trying to make their way up that flank through storage, at close range."


He pulled back the P90's charging handle, cocking the weapon.
Shay Mordred-Spades
 NPC, 31 posts
 Gypsy
 Wanted
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 05:24
Re: What Goes Up...
In the passage outside Simon's cabin, Shay looked at Rowan.

"You and your coyote wanna stay here? I'll stick with you."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 949 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 05:27
Re: What Goes Up...
Shay Mordred-Spades:
In the passage outside Simon's cabin, Shay looked at Rowan.

"You and your coyote wanna stay here? I'll stick with you."

 Rowan "thank you, Trickster would not be happy down there in all the noise come to that he aint happy up here full stop"
Walker
 NPC, 27 posts
 Mercenary
 Don't get in my way...
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 05:39
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker Nix:
"Damage control? Sure... better at that than brawling, to be honest," said Smoker, and trundled off to volunteer his services.


"Damage control? Don't know what good I'm going to do there. Sure, let's see what we can do to help. Let's head back to the maintenance bay on this level."

He readied his SA M10 assault rifle, started heading to there rear maintenance compartment.
Smoker Nix
 player, 494 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 08:54
Re: What Goes Up...
"Right," said Smoker, who was looking a bit nervous.
The Marshall
 GM, 1593 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 10:09
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker and Walker reached the upstairs maintenance workshop as the Raptor was coming in to dock a the rear maintenance hatch. Inside the workshop were four mechanics, wearing Kevlar vests wielding M22 assault rifles. They looked very nervous, this was very much not their element! The mechanics were shutting down the elevation and locking the hatch over the stairs down to the hangar bay to prevent any Combine Red Hats or Automatons who landed from coming up.

Just inside the door was a hatch up into the lift envelope. The last of the security personnel who came in this direction was just climbing up. At the rear of the workshop was the bubble housing the skycrane control cockpit. The Skycrane would have once lifted massive pieces of building materials to construct the dome that now covered Junktown, but now it was used to catch aircraft coming in for a landing, lowering them gently into the rear landing area of the hangar bay.

Through the bubble canopy of the skycrane cockpit they could see a Combine Raptor, silver and menacing, already under the lift bag of the Sky Raider, starting to nose it's way into the rear entrance to the landing bay. It started firing into the bay and the rear of the gondola. The cockpit window blew inwards, showering them with safety glass. The techs hit the deck!

Also visible was a twin 20mm autocannon in a remote turret hanging down from the lift bag, one of the dirigible's point-defence guns. It was automated and because the Raptor was jamming it, it couldn't get a lock and fire at the approaching intruder, instead it just kept tracking helplessly back and forth.
Smoker Nix
 player, 495 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 12:37
Re: What Goes Up...
"Is there any way of swinging the skycrane hook, catch that Combine craft a clip with it?" asked Smoker, taking in the situation and trying to get creative with it.
Lead mechanic
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 20:25
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 116):

The lead mechanic poked his head up from where he was taking cover behind the metal lathe.

"Yeah! That sucker's rated for 100 tons! Go for it, chief!"

Marshall's Note: I think we're all at the same point in time now. I will draw cards for initiative and we can go into combat rounds. Huzzah!

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:37, Sat 05 Oct 2013.

Smoker Nix
 player, 496 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 11:13
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker scrambled for the sky crane controls.
Trickster
 NPC, 30 posts
Tue 8 Oct 2013
at 21:27
Re: What Goes Up...
Seeing the metal monstrosity lining up on the rear bay entry, Trickster decided it was much better to be elsewhere! He scampered up the stairs towards the VIP cabins, looking for Rowan.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 227 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Squire
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 06:39
Re: What Goes Up...
Feeling they could be a little closer to the action, Jason opened the door to Storage. Slipping inside, he cracked the aft door, the one closest to the aft landing platform.

Seeing the Raptor firing into the bay, then getting ready to smash its way inside the entrance, he slammed the door shut. "Shit! That sucker's comin' in hot!"


2 Actions: Nine Card

Move,
Hold Action

Walker
 NPC, 28 posts
 Mercenary
 Don't get in my way...
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 06:42
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 120):

"Good plan! I'll cover you!"

Chambering a round in his rifle, he moved over to the stairwell hatch, ready to fight off anything coming up from below.


2 Actions: Red Joker

Moving, Holding Action.

Smoker Nix
 player, 497 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 08:01
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker starts figuring out the controls for the skycrane, then powers it up and lets the hook go.

2 actions - working out how to operate the crane, then starting it up