What Goes Up...   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
Jane Guin
 player, 424 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 23:48
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Denis Carlton (msg # 172):

Jane knew that what Denis and the others said made sense.  It didn't make her decision any better but then she wasn't in this to make easy decisions as nice as they might be when they did come around.

Jane gripped her weapon tighter and put a hand on Peter's arm.  She leaned in so that he could hear her but not everybody else could.  "What was that you told me a long time ago?  You have to know when to walk away.  This is one of those times love.  We can't save the Technical nor baby.  You know how much she means to me and you know I wouldn't be walking now if I thought there was any way we could take them.  They only have ultralights and we need a medium to take them.  We can go and finish our mission, for I know you're not a quitter, or we can stay here.  If you stay I stay.  You might have to change your name to Custard or something though if we do stay for sure as shootin it will be our last stand."

She paused for she knew that Peter heard her.  "Not to push but you need to decide like a minute ago.  This war we're in is bigger than the technical and baby.  We would be better served to go with the group and make them pay for taking what was  precious to us."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 964 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 10:14
Re: What Goes Up...
Jane Guin:
In reply to Denis Carlton (msg # 172):

Jane knew that what Denis and the others said made sense.  It didn't make her decision any better but then she wasn't in this to make easy decisions as nice as they might be when they did come around.

Jane gripped her weapon tighter and put a hand on Peter's arm.  She leaned in so that he could hear her but not everybody else could.  "What was that you told me a long time ago?  You have to know when to walk away.  This is one of those times love.  We can't save the Technical nor baby.  You know how much she means to me and you know I wouldn't be walking now if I thought there was any way we could take them.  They only have ultralights and we need a medium to take them.  We can go and finish our mission, for I know you're not a quitter, or we can stay here.  If you stay I stay.  You might have to change your name to Custard or something though if we do stay for sure as shootin it will be our last stand."

She paused for she knew that Peter heard her.  "Not to push but you need to decide like a minute ago.  This war we're in is bigger than the technical and baby.  We would be better served to go with the group and make them pay for taking what was  precious to us."


Rowan steps forward
"Shay come on and you Smoker."

Rowan walks up along side Peter, "Jane take his other arm he coming with us even if we carry him"


Trickster stay close we are leaving this noisy area
Smoker Nix
 player, 512 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 10:19
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker tags along. He's looking as nervous as Trickster right now!
Walker
 NPC, 32 posts
 Mercenary
 Don't get in my way...
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:26
Re: What Goes Up...
The hatch down at the end of the passage leading to the maintenance bay slammed open. Walked dove through, then slammed it shut. He was bleeding and minus his rifle.

"OK! Time to go! The automatons have taken out the security crew, so we gotta move now!"

Trejo
 NPC, 172 posts
 Veteran Templar
 ex-Federale
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:30
Re: What Goes Up...
Growling, Trejo ducked into the VIP cabin, then emerged a moment later.

"Shit. Good news, people. I looked out the damn window. We're only 50 feet up right now. Not a thousand. Let's find a way down!"

Drawing his sword, be headed down the stairs to the flight deck.
Denis Carlton
 NPC, 9 posts
 Experienced Templar
 Broadsword
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:32
Re: What Goes Up...
Wearing his Templar tabard now, Denis drew his sword and charged aft down the hallway. This heroic gesture seemed to be part of who he was, something he was perhaps fated to do.

"Get Simon out of here! I'll hold 'em off."

With that, he passed Walker and disappeared through the aft hatch into the maintenance bay, where Walker had reported the marauding Combine Automatons were coming down.
Winnie Franklin
 NPC, 7 posts
 Veteran Templar
 Katana
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:34
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Trejo (msg # 177):

"Yeah, time to amscray!"

Her own Tabard was now on, Katana in hand, she followed Trejo and the others down the stairs to the flight bay. From there, they could find a way off the Sky Raider 1.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 230 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Squire
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:35
Re: What Goes Up...
Trejo:
Growling, Trejo ducked into the VIP cabin, then emerged a moment later.

"Shit. Good news, people. I looked out the damn window. We're only 50 feet up right now. Not a thousand. Let's find a way down!"

Drawing his sword, be headed down the stairs to the flight deck.


Jason had his tabard on as well, now, with HK P90c in one hand and sword in the other.

"You got it, chief!"
Simon
 NPC, 18 posts
 Head Templar
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:36
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Trejo (msg # 177):

"Peter, everyone, please, let's go." Looking more than a little rough around the edges, he followed Trejo and the others down the stairs.
Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 29 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:37
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Simon (msg # 181):

"Yes, my apologies Peter, you don't have to stay if you don't want to. Listen to your friends, it's time to leave." With that, he followed Simon to the stairs to the lower level.
The Marshall
 GM, 1635 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 08:38
Re: What Goes Up...
The stricken airship lurched as more explosions occurred above them, in the lift chamber. Gunshots and sounds of fighting came from the rear compartment where Denis was buying them time to go down and get off the ship.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 375 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 16:47
Re: What Goes Up...
Peter shook off the well-meaning friends and headed towards the bay where the truck was stored. He intended to open the bay doors and get his truck out. 50 feet would damage it but it was a hell of a lot better than blowing up in the airship or anything like that.
The Marshall
 GM, 1636 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 07:21
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 184):

The rear of the aircraft bay was open. Looking out, Peter could see the remains of the Raptor that Jane had shot down. It was on fire, casting light from dozens of fires fed by spilled jet fuel. They were above a grassy mountain meadow, relatively open ground.

It was clear that Trejo was correct. The airship was no longer 1000 feet above the terrain, more like 50 feet. Roughly speaking, the height of a 5 story building.

Marshall's Note: the Skycrane's controls are only reached through the upper deck Maintenance Bay, which is currently being contested by Automatons and Denis the Templar. To use the Skycrane you'd need to clear out the Automatons from the rear upper compartment.
Jane Guin
 player, 426 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 14:28
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 184):

Jane looked at Peter and then at her other friends.  "See you guys on the ground.  I said I'd go with Peter no matter what he chose so..."  She took a deep breath and nodded to each.  They knew that was her way of saying what she couldn't say.  If it was the end, it was.  If it wasn't then it didn't need to be said anyway.

She turned and went after her crazy man.  Somebody had to protect him didn't they?

"Right behind you Peter.  Let's go see what crazy thing you have in mind this time."
Smoker Nix
 player, 513 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 14:30
Re: What Goes Up...
Smoker looks round wondering if a small fellow like him could sneak up to the sky crane controls unobserved...
Peter Firecrow
 player, 377 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 16:58
Re: What Goes Up...
"I was hoping with only 50 feet left we might be able to lower the truck with the crane. But it's risky since it could be shot at still. Otherwise we leave the truck and just go." He looked at Jane. "I will leave the decision in your hands since you are being stubborn and not leaving me."
Jane Guin
 player, 427 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 03:03
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 188):

Jane laughs at Peter's decision.  "Now you ask me to make the decision?  Get your ass over in that vehicle.  IF we're going to go out with a last bang then we're going to go out.  I'll strap in and see if I can use baby somewhat to take out what I can.  Get on the com and make sure that Healers are handy.  "IF we make it down you and I survive you had better.....well I'll let you know how you can make it up to me later."
The Marshall
 GM, 1637 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 04:19
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 187):

It seemed a safe bet that Peter would never need to make it up to Jane on this side of the afterlife, if there was a serious attempt to recover his truck. For Smoker to get up to the Skycrane controls, he would probably need to fight his way back upstairs. Then, somehow manipulate the controls. All over the objections of the marauding Combine Automatons that were overrunning the ship. Driving off the end of the flight deck was a quicker form of suicide, as a 5-story drop onto solid ground would in all likelihood completely total any vehicle other than a Mars Rover.
Jason Sinclair
 NPC, 231 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Squire
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 04:45
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 190):

Looking up at the ceiling, where Denis was probably giving his life at this moment to buy time for their escape, Jason looked back at Simon, Trejo, Winnie and Fred.

"Uh, well, good luck on gettin' your truck down. Just in case that don't work, anyone got another idea to get us down in one piece? And then what we can do to avoid capture when we're on the ground?"
Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 31 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 04:54
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 191):

He brought out a cannister of some kind, about the size of a gas grenade but looking more like an aerosol dispenser.

"This is a "DNA Bomb". Developed by criminals to foil forensic investigators, it will completely cover an area in a chemical mist that leaves a residue designed to confuse or even disable DNA sniffers. They will have to get tissue samples back to Denver and perform more advanced analysis and sequencing. That will allow us several days to get clear and make it to Junkyard overland."
Walker
 NPC, 33 posts
 Mercenary
 Don't get in my way...
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 05:01
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Fred Biletnikoff (msg # 192):

Narrowing his eyes, Walker thought through the implications.

"This won't fool anyone. Especially if there are no bodies. Best would be for a couple of volunteers to decoy any Combine search units away in the wrong direction. Then when they catch up set off the DNA bomb and hopefully not let themselves be taken alive. That way there won't be positive confirmation Simon is dead, they may be suspicious but not like if there were no bodies at all.

"I volunteer to do this. I didn't know why I was meant to run into you, or why I carry this sword that Templar gave me. This is the reason, Simon. Here, take this."


The admission that although he carried a sword he was not a Templar, Squire or even Companion. Walker began handing over his sword to Simon to accept.
Simon
 NPC, 19 posts
 Head Templar
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 05:06
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Walker (msg # 193):

Holding up his hand, Simon answered, "no, you keep the sword, please. You are not of our order, yet by doing this you've earned a place with us and will be remembered, friend Walker. Go with God.

"But first, let's get the Hell off this thing!"

Shay Mordred-Spades
 player, 37 posts
 Gambler
 Wanted
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 05:09
Re: What Goes Up...
The Huckster nodded at the plan, "I'll take up that banner, too. I've got enough tricks up my sleeve to give them at least a little run-around. Buy you all some time."
Jason Sinclair
 NPC, 232 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Squire
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 08:11
Re: What Goes Up...
Shay Mordred-Spades:
The Huckster nodded at the plan, "I'll take up that banner, too. I've got enough tricks up my sleeve to give them at least a little run-around. Buy you all some time."


"That's a right fine thing to offer. We don't have much time. Fred, give her your robes and your datapod. Maybe we can fool the Automatons into thinking she's a Librarian.

"Shay, you know of any way down? How about them lines your crew used to get to the ground when they were mooring this beast?"

Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 32 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 08:12
Re: What Goes Up...
In reply to Shay Mordred-Spades (msg # 195):

Without a word, Fred removed his brown monk-like Librarian's robes and gave them to Shay. He hesitated, clearly pained, then gave her his camera after ejecting the dataslug.